New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Megadungeon C (IC) II

Cerise dei Liberi

Cerise attempts to heal Dack and then stabilize the other scorpions then begin dying them up!

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Heal
    (1d20+0)[19]
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2016-09-29 at 07:07 PM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Ma Raixey's Elixir Emporium

Between the two of them, Taric and Cerise get Dacianne and all the scorpions stabilized! Everybody lives! Ria, Matters, and Dacianne are all still unconscious, but not bleeding!
    Last edited by Malimar; 2016-09-29 at 07:14 PM.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Taric

"So... should we get a cart, or just drag them back?" Taric asks in Elven.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

4. - Top - End - #244

Cerise dei Liberi

Wiping the sweat from her brow and picking up her blade, gracefully sheathing it, Cerise smiles slightly. "We did it, Taric." She makes sure to double up on restraints for the large scorpion.

Nodding at Taric's words, she brushes herself off. "I will try to wake our friends. Matters said he had a cart... Perhaps you can retrieve agents from the arena to help us carry them?"

Show
    Can you take a 20 on UMD? Because I'll do that for our party members so they can help us transfer these scorpions.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2016-09-29 at 07:24 PM.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Taric

"Wait... no. The stupid one had a wand. I think it was one I can use. That way they can carry themselves, because goodness knows I've been carrying them enough," Taric continues in Elven. He picks up Dacianne's wand, and uses to heal each of the unconscious teammates.

Spoiler: Rolls if needed
    Show
    (1d8+1)[5]
    (1d8+1)[7]
    (1d8+1)[6]
    (1d8+1)[5]
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2016-09-29 at 07:56 PM.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

6. - Top - End - #246

Cerise dei Liberi

"Dieu merci."1 Cerise sighs with relief. "Did you sleep well, friends?" She attempts at joking when her friends awake, exhaling with exhaustion.

After a brief moment is allowed for everyone to catch their breath. "I... do not mean to rush you... but perhaps we should transport the scorpions while they are still unconscious?" She laughs almost nervously.

Spoiler: Elven
    Show
    "Thank god."1

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ettin in the Playground

Dacianne gets the first charge, healed for 5 hp, leaving her conscious at 1hp (according to my calculations, taking into account her new hit points from leveling up).

Ria... actually regains consciousness on her own from level-up HP, ending up at 5 out of 17 (according to my calculations).

Matters gains 8HP from leveling up (unless she levels up in something with other than a d8 HD), leaving her at 0 out of 19, so a second charge goes to heal her for 3, bringing her up from staggered to 3 hp (according to my calculations).

So 2 charges of Dacianne's wand are used, and everybody who isn't a scorpion is now conscious!

8. - Top - End - #248
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

Dacianne

She wakes up and frowns, still not feeling well. But, was happy to be up. She took a moment to check her hair and look at her arms, confirming she had not shifted personalities while out.

Looking up to Cerise, she smiles. "Yes, unfortunately. I'm sorry for being a failure."

She looks about, notices Ria and Matters had survived as well and gave them a wave. "We made it!"

Giving nods of thanks to Taric and Cerise, she rises up to help them move the scorpions.

9. - Top - End - #249

Cerise dei Liberi

Cerise chuckles. "Not a failure... but perhaps we buy you a crossbow, so that next time we do not have to throw our dagger. Yes?"

Cerise will inform Ma about her problem being solved and then move the scorpions with great effort!

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Taric

Taric hands Dacianne her wand, and helps move bodies as needed.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

Ma Raixey is pleased!

She is... less pleased, when she goes down to her cellar to check it out and sees the damage. Which, to be fair, was mostly not your fault, except the one shelf that Taric knocked over.

Still, task completed! Ma Raixey is willing to part with five potions of your choice, one for each helpful person... except she already used two on Cerise, so really she figures she really only owes the party three at this point. It's possible she could maybe be talked back up to four or five.

The party drags the twelve scorpion corpses out to the street, readying them to be loaded into whatever wagon is made available!

12. - Top - End - #252

Cerise dei Liberi

There is no argument from Cerise about how many potions they get. They're all alive and that is good enough for her. To the Colosseum!

13. - Top - End - #253
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

Dacianne

She accepts her wand back from Taric, realizing what that meant. She puts it together and realizes that he was far more successful with her wand that she was. Frowning, she pockets it.

Cerise's idea makes sense, and she nods her head. "Yes, a good idea. Perhaps a light one."

Seeing Ma's discomfort, she is quick to apologize. "Sorry, about.. the mess."

Realizing the predicament they are in, she looks to the others to see if anyone else wanted to convince the shopkeeper to go for 5, before she got involved.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

Taric

Taric notices the look the changeling makes. "If you think it could help, you could receive training a druid, which would allow you to use a wand. I know a guy back when I was training who was a Daggerspell Shaper. He hates himself."

15. - Top - End - #255

Kobold

Matters

*Scorpion claw* "Ow, you call that hitting me ? I'll show you hit-" *scorpion claw* and Matters falls in a heap.

Until the party heals her up enough to stand. "Did you get the id of that submarine that just hit me ? Oh yeah, scorpions. I'll go get my cart." After going into town for a couple of minutes, Matters returns with a mule pulled cart holding a sturdy chest. "Let me just make some room in here, " she says, putting the chest down on the ground "and done. Ready for the scorpid express !"

"Apologies Ma'am, I'll volunteer to help clean up after we deliver all these scorpions to the Arena." the templeforged offers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy check ? Maybe that would make her inclined to offer 4 instead of 3 ? (1d20+10)[12]

16. - Top - End - #256

Cerise dei Liberi

Nodding, she agrees. "This is fair. We created quite a mess, though I'll admit the scorpions did most of the damage..." She nudges the big one with her foot a little. "He is not so bad this way, he is sort of... how do you say? Mignon?"1

Show
    "Cute?"1

Show
    If Mal wants to move us to the arena, I'm done here. I say we go to the Arena, back to Ma's to clean, then to the adventurer's guild for an extended rest haha.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2016-09-30 at 09:55 AM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

Dacianne

Taric's suggestion does make sense, and she smiles a little. "I, well, umm, I can use it some times. I'm trying to be able to manipulate any wand. I think the stress got to me. I'm sorry."

Since everyone else seems to be rather accepting of the woman's decision to cut their rate, she didn't feel the need to bring some words in to play to scare her into the original agreement.

She does say, "Since, I got knocked out.. I won't take a potion." That should leave the others to claim one.

But, even so, she'll help with the scorpion dragging and move with the group to assist in clean up, or going to the arena.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

Ma Raixey considers Matters's proposition, "Well, bless your heart. That won't bring back my lost supplies, but it'll save the cost and time of cleanup. Maybe four potions instead of three if you help me clean up the cellar."

So now Ma Raixey is willing to part with four potions, oils, or elixirs of any price. She clucks and suggests Dacianne take one after all and make Cerise be the one not to take one, because it was Cerise who used the cure moderate wounds and grease potions.

She has in stock any standard potion/oil, any standard elixir, unguent, solvent, and sovereign glue, and even a few non-standard things in the category of "things that come in bottles/flasks/vials".

Then the party heaps the scorpions on Matters's cart and heads off to the nearby arena!

Temple of Inglip and Arena Complex

The party pulls the wagon up to the front of the temple, where a red-robed gropaga (priest of Inglip) is preaching on the steps to a small crowd, "...and so it was that Famcorte brought the mighty pailbat down on the head of the escaped prisoner, blinding and binding him! Hey, you with the scorpions, take them 'round back. And lo, the prisoner was brought back to his confinement, and his punishment was severe! First, mighty Inglip commanded that the prisoner's ears be plugged with an amalgam, and so it was that Famcorte made a mixture of mercury and boiling copper..."

If the party brings the cart around to the back, where the arena is, a pair of different gropagas approach, "Have you brought us creatures to fight in the arena?"

19. - Top - End - #259

Cerise dei Liberi

Cerise will decline a potion of her own anyways, as she is well aware of her double use of potions!

Once they get around back, she steps up to the gropagas with a stiff and proper posture. "Yes, we believe these should fit your needs. They'll need a few days rest, but they are mighty in battle. Especially the largest one." She hands over two gold pieces to them. "He fought valiantly and I'm fond of him, see to it his last few days are blessed with feasting before his battles."

After receiving their reward and such, she will pat the large on on its head. "Un duelliste bon se complaît dans sa propre victoire, pas la défaite de son ennemi."1

Show
    "A proper duelist revels in her own victory, not her enemy's defeat."1
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2016-09-30 at 11:08 AM.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

Temple of Inglip and Arena Complex

The gropagas inspect the scorpions, nodding approvingly. They pocket Cerise's gold and agree to give the Large scorpion delicious feasts before his battles. Then additional gropagas come out, carefully carrying each scorpion down a ramp into the holding area under the arena.

One of the gropagas does some math, and hands over 570gp (5 Blue Dragon Bank 100gp banknotes, 5 platinum coins, and 20 gold coins, because he's conscious of the need to divide the reward between five people. Unless you want to do a general party fund sort of deal, it works out to each party member gets one 100gp banknote, one platinum coin, and 4 gold coins).

21. - Top - End - #261

Cerise dei Liberi

Cerise thanks them for their consideration towards her "friend" and takes the money, evenly distributing it among her party members. If there is no objection, she will then lead them back to the adventurer's guild. Where she will promptly sign up as a member, barring any shifty or distasteful wording in the contract.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

Dacianne

She considers what to do, and thinks she will take one sovereign glue. She founds the item fascinating and it might be useful in a few situations. it's not something she would buy herself, but, since free.

With that, she would follow Cerise's lead, and go with... and end up at the Adventurer's guild in time, and as well, pay for a membership. Why not? She could use another title other than 'circus barker.'

"Well, today has been long... what to do next?" She then realizes, she needs a crossbow, too.

23. - Top - End - #263

Cerise dei Liberi

Seeing her exhausted friend, she smiles and pats Dack on the head. "I am afraid, Dacianne, that we still have more work to do." She pouts sympathetically, which is fairly exaggerated and noticeably foreign to her nature. "We still must clean up the old woman's shop." Crossing her arms and sizing up her new team, she adds. "Shall we go?"

If there are no objections, she will go help clean the shop up and then return to the guild to put up for the night.

Show
    Is there only the flat fee to pay to join the guild? Or do we have to pay the 5gp for the first month too?

24. - Top - End - #264
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

Dacianne

She chuckles at the clap on the back. "Ah, right, that thing"

She would assist in the clean up of the shop, then on the return trip back pick up a light crossbow, quiver, and bolts for it. Then, to the Adventurer's Guild to bunk out for the night.

25. - Top - End - #265

Kobold

Matters

"An oil of Magic Weapon might come in handy in our adventures." Matters thanks Ma Raixey and departs with the cart, leaving the chest in the shop to be retrieved after clean up is complete.

Towards the Inglip gropaga's preaching, all Matters can say is "That sounds painful." while reflexively putting her left hand to her auditory sensor shaped like a left ear.

She'll help with the cleaning and resort to join with the adventurer's guild since all her other companions seem to want to join. While everybody rests up, the warforged will go to the docks to wash up her clothes and herself (or find some suitable place to do so).

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

Endeesy

And so it is that the party cleans up Ma Raixey's cellar! Mopping up the green goo and blood and ichor, righting toppled shelves, re-shelving unbroken supplies and binning broken stuff. It doesn't take more than a couple hours.

Everyone (except Cerise) selects a potion, oil, elixir, ointment, or other fluid as their reward from Ma Raixey.

Everybody who wants to spends 25gp to join the Adventurer's Guild. They'll have to pay another 5 at the beginning of the month, but they don't have to right now.

There's a bathhouse not too far from the Adventurer's Guild. It's free, though tipping the attendants is considered courteous. Being covered in sewage and ooze and green goo and blood and ichor, everybody might consider it.

Dacianne buys a crossbow and ammo!

Back at the Adventurer's Guild, Ria decides that today's reward is enough to live on for awhile, and bows out of the party gracefully.

And then the party goes to have a sleep!

The Next Day

Dacianne heals a point of constitution damage, and everyone other than Matters heals 2 hit points.

I don't know what Matters intends to do to heal; she could visit a smith. The engineer smith Tor "Arms" Ungart of Endeesy possesses the knowledge to repair Matters, and would charge let's say 1gp to bring her back up to full hit points with eight hours of repairs.

After a night of rest, the party is still not at full health. They have the option to rest until they are all at full health, which might take a few days. Taric could prepare cure minor wounds and cure light wounds in all his spell slots and use them on the most wounded, and then rest and re-prepare his regular combat spells tomorrow. Or the party could just use some charges of Dacianne's wand. Or, of course, the party could just adventure on less than full health. This isn't a difficult problem, I'm probably overthinking your options.
    Last edited by Malimar; 2016-09-30 at 05:53 PM.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Taric

Taric heals everyone then demands the day off.

Spoiler
    Show

Healing spells
    Cure Light Wounds x3 (1d8+2 HP)
    Cure Minor Wounds X3 (1 HP)
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2016-09-30 at 06:24 PM.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ettin in the Playground

Endeesy Adventurer's Guild

Taric gets up, prepares his spells, heals everybody up to the point where another night of rest will leave them refreshed and in peak fighting form, then everybody does whatever for the remainder of the day, then everybody goes to bed again.

The Next Day

Everybody is fully healed (assuming Matters got smith'd on), and Dacianne's Constitution damage goes away.

The party -- minus Ria -- meets again in the Adventurer's Guildhall.

It is time to recruit an additional party member! There are a variety of unsavory-looking types on offer at the bar and various tables, mostly mongrelfolk. Of particular note: There's a cheery small person -- engineer? No, halfling. There's an extra-unsavory-looking human.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

Dacianne

Dacianne thanks Taric for the healing, and is a bit amused by the demand for the day off.

She parts ways for the day to spend the day barking for the circus under several different guises.

The next day, after another night of sleep, she returns to meet the group and considers a lot.

"Umm, anyone have any... ideas as to what to do next? Or how to replace Ria? Ria was nice."

30. - Top - End - #270
    Bugbear in the Playground

Doltan Mirobar

The cloaked human that was sitting at the bar picks up his sword, and looks at the party that just entered. His gaze lingers upon the Templeforged, while he takes a cursory glance at the rest of the group.

"Your worn equipment tells me your group looks like it ran into a lot of trouble lately. Trouble's all I've been in of late, it seems, but going at it alone has had less than fortunate results"

He mumbles for a second: "Stupid merchants can't learn to protect themselves properly..."

He lifts his gaze, letting the unusual green glow go in full view as he makes eye contact with everyone in the group. His malformed and scarred mouth turns into a wide grin, showing the inside of his cheek on the right side.

"Shall I help you with your own troubles? Or do you need help finding some more?"
    Last edited by Xgya; 2016-09-30 at 08:20 PM.