New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1469
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Index of the Giant's Comments V―On a Saner Forum, We Wouldn't Need this Index

In that case....

Proposed Items for Index 5.10
    🍌On the (Un)importance of Calling Out Rules
    "I don't think it's actually important for readers to really understand the game mechanics of what is happening, as long as it is plausible."
    #808 2011/10/06 No vote required, will be included.
    🍌Miko's Unchanging Role
    "Everything from the point where Miko drags the Order to Azure City in chains in #251 is more-or-less exactly what was always going to happen, with only some tone changed."
    #559 2008/05/29 No vote required, will be included.

With nothing eligible to be voted on, there will be no vote; both entries are now in the Index.
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Index of the Giant's Comments V―On a Saner Forum, We Wouldn't Need this Index

The Giant's reply to several people who thought 1157 contained a deliberate reference to Portal.

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Coincidence; I've never played Portal and forgot it existed until you just pointed it out. I picked blue because I had already picked orange in the previous comic and I wanted the two colors to be maximally different to avoid confusion as to where characters are standing. And I didn't want either barrier to be red (because I used that for the Anti-Life Shell) or yellow (which I used for the Godsmoot barrier).

In all likelihood, the high degree of visual contrast between orange-blue is the reason Portal used it as well. The only other color combos with the same degree of contrast are yellow-purple and red-green. And yellow tends to be harder to see, while red-green is too associated with Christmas.
    -.____________________
    ./___________________()-------Ron Miel
    |...___________________--------sits down
    |..| |_________________()-------and starts
    |..|/__________________--------singing
    | ___________________()-------about gold

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Include.

—Caerulea
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not not a humanoid. Come not not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

she/her

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Colossus in the Playground

Include .

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Bugbear in the Playground

Include . - Doran
    Exalted avatar remix by Musashi
    Original Avatar by Strawberries
    Character is Kin from Goblins

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Ogre in the Playground

Just noticed this in the rules:

Rule E: Quotes that contain redundant information need not be included. This reduces clutter. The quote should only be included if it provides new information or clarity, or if it expounds upon information included in a prior comment. This reduces clutter. The quote should only be included if it provides new information or clarity, or if it expounds upon information included in a prior comment.
    Note the redundant lines there, which can be safely deleted. To reduce clutter.

Also :

Rule F: The index-keeper (Jasdoif) has the job of updating the index in keeping with thread-goer consensus.
    I think this should be changed to
    ... (currently Jasdoif) ...
    The role of index keeper has changed hands before, it might change again. So the rules shouldn't say that Jasdoif is the index keeper.
    -.____________________
    ./___________________()-------Ron Miel
    |...___________________--------sits down
    |..| |_________________()-------and starts
    |..|/__________________--------singing
    | ___________________()-------about gold

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Miel View Post
    The Giant's reply to several people who thought 1157 contained a deliberate reference to Portal.
    Also goes to show, if it was in question, that he didn't choose the colors based on what effects they would have in a prismatic wall or prismatic sphere.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Just noticed this in the rules:
    Rule E: Quotes that contain redundant information need not be included. This reduces clutter. The quote should only be included if it provides new information or clarity, or if it expounds upon information included in a prior comment. This reduces clutter. The quote should only be included if it provides new information or clarity, or if it expounds upon information included in a prior comment.
    Reducing clutter is important. To reflect this, I vote that we add "This reduces clutter" to the end of the segment Ron Miel posted.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2019-03-04 at 02:01 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, so we'd be looking at....

Reading Too Much Into It
    🍌The Colors of the Council of Clans' Barriers Are Not a Portal Reference
    "I've never played Portal and forgot it existed until you just pointed it out."
    #1157 2019/03/01

(Reminder to self: alliteration or not, "Councilor Cloistering Constructions" is way too unclear compared to "Barriers".)

I checked with the Department of Redundancy Department again, and their stance hasn't changed (though they were perfectly happy to repeat what they said): The Index guidelines aren't presented in quotes, so the repetition doesn't violate the rule that applies to quotes.

The role of index keeper has changed hands before, it might change again. So the rules shouldn't say that Jasdoif is the index keeper.
    But I am the Index keeper...to exactly the same degree as ThePhantasm was. (Admittedly I was wondering if anyone would notice when I simply changed the name with the new thread when I took over curating...five days away from five years ago. I'm marginally disappointed that it took this long for anyone to say anything )

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Reducing clutter is important. To reflect this, I vote that we add "This reduces clutter" to the end of the segment Ron Miel posted.
    I agree, but then we should clarify that the quote should only be included if it provides new information or clarity, or if it expounds upon information included in a prior comment.

11. - Top - End - #1121

Quote Originally Posted by Lissou View Post
    I agree, but then we should clarify that the quote should only be included if it provides new information or clarity, or if it expounds upon information included in a prior comment.
    Ah, let's just put in 20 GOTO 10 and call it a day.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Banned

Ah, let's just put in 20 GOTO 10 and call it a day.
    Do you want to get attacked by velociraptors?
    Last edited by zimmerwald1915; 2019-03-04 at 05:32 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    They may have to wait for the polymorph victim who curates this thread and still remembers GOSUBs.

14. - Top - End - #1124

Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    I don't know if he's never read the book or just references the movie more because it makes for more universal jokes, but the T-Rex in the book was way more terrifying.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Seems like a quote worth including; I certainly would have been swayed by other posters that it was a Portal reference otherwise.

This sensible proposal seems like a proposal which is sensible and should be voted on without delay. All in the name of reducing clutter, of course.

Peelee’s Lotsey

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Troll in the Playground

I think this should be changed. The role of index keeper has changed hands before, it might change again.
    ...are you planning a coup?
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    ...are you planning a coup?
    It's something that is arguably not a coup, and might be seen as not a coup in court of law, but is very much like a coup and occurs in a coup-like fashion, though many would claim that it is actually a group of people with a pork roast being eaten for dinner with a side of carrots.
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm

"I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

18. - Top - End - #1128

I'm planning a coup once Ron Miel and Squire Doodad execute their plans. A blitzkrieg immediately after their milquetoast fomentations with an iron fist guiding everything shall bring a swift victory, along with the ability to withstand further insurrection. It shall be swift and ruthless. Unless any Ruths intend to join, in which case it shall be ruthful.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm planning a coup once Ron Miel and Squire Doodad execute their plans. A blitzkrieg immediately after their milquetoast fomentations with an iron fist guiding everything shall bring a swift victory, along with the ability to withstand further insurrection. It shall be swift and ruthless. Unless any Ruths intend to join, in which case it shall be ruthful.
    I just might put that last pair of lines in my signature
    So you would rule Jim W. Garland style, with an Iron -yet caring- Fist? Or are you the "Mad King Max Sacur would like to request you take it down a notch" type?

See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

-Squire Doodad

20. - Top - End - #1130

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I just might put that last pair of lines in my signature
    So you would rule Jim W. Garland style, with an Iron -yet caring- Fist? Or are you the "Mad King Max Sacur would like to request you take it down a notch" type?
    Knowing nothing about either one, I'd say the first. Id like to introduce a new form of monarchy, in which the iron fist is attached to a laissez-faire body.

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Ogre in the Playground

Knowing nothing about either one, I'd say the first. Id like to introduce a new form of monarchy, in which the iron fist is attached to a laissez-faire body.
    First one is a reference to Garland the decent guy (tm) of 8 Bit Theater fame (he's called Jim W. Garland at some point, and he runs a campaign with the motto), while the latter is more of a monarch being terrible in virtually all ways. Really just put it there for a comparison and to test out a pun of a name.
    Also, yes on the sig?
    Last edited by Squire Doodad; 2019-03-26 at 08:29 PM.

-Squire Doodad

22. - Top - End - #1132

First one is a reference to Garland the decent guy (tm) of 8 Bit Theater fame, while the latter is more of being terrible in virtually all ways. Really just put it there for a comparison and to test out a pun of a name.
    Also, yes on the sig?
    Oh, my bad, I have a standing belief that anyone can sig anything I say anytime. I don't really see it as different from being about to quote me via the forum quote function, and I figure it's a good way to help make sure I don't make an ass out of myself (or at least be a reminder if when I make an ass out of myself so I can try to be better). Someone, I think maybe dtilque (apologies to the real forumite if I got that wrong!) actually has my standing permission in their sig, so I just assume most people know. And you know what they say about assuming, it's easy and I'm lazy so that's a match made in heaven there.

Also, I like 8BT Garland. I'd probably be a less competent version of that. I think everybody would appreciate it.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2019-03-26 at 08:34 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, I like 8BT Garland. I'd probably be a less competent version of that. I think everybody would appreciate it.
    Former Royal Knight means great pension benefits, well liked by the populace, friends with the king and great knowledge of various culinary skills. What's not to like about Garland?
    I'm confused as to how you plan to go about the "less competent" idea, but I think we're using too much space on this thread that seems fairly serious most of the time.

-Squire Doodad

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Titan in the Playground

Id like to introduce a new form of monarchy, in which the iron fist is attached to a laissez-faire body.
    Sort of a night-watchdragon state in the wrist?

I'm confused as to how you plan to go about the "less competent" idea....
    Eating his own cooking, perhaps.

25. - Top - End - #1135

I'm confused as to how you plan to go about the "less competent" idea
    One does not simply plan greatness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasdoif View Post
    Sort of a night-watchdragon state in the wrist?
    See, the banana gets it.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ogre in the Playground

Id like to introduce a new form of monarchy, in which the iron fist is attached to a laissez-faire body.
    Does this mean there is an autonomous economy with an autonomous limb?

-Squire Doodad

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Titan in the Playground

In what's not surprising....

Proposed Items for Index 5.11
    🍌The Colors of the Council of Clans' Barriers Are Not a Portal Reference
    #1157 2019/03/01 No vote required, will be included.

With nothing eligible to be voted on, there will be no vote; the entry is now in the Index.

In what's kinda surprising, that quote has made the "Story, Plot and Characters" too big to sit side-by-side with the "Writing" spoiler in the same post....While it's certainly nice to see my auto-paging and auto-table-of-contenting code handled this without intervention, as intended, the middle post having a single category suggests it's time to talk about making new categories and/or recategorizing and/or moving (sub)categories around. Especially since....

Quote Originally Posted by Jasdoif View Post
    Spoiler: Table of Contents
    Show
    • FIRST POST
      • Latest Additions
      • Alignment
        • General Information
        • D&D Alignment
        • Specific Characters
          • Evil Characters
          • Good Characters
          • Neutral Characters
      • Art
        • General
        • Drawing
        • Art & Magic
        • Art & Merchandise
      • D&D Rules and Explanations
        • Accuracy
        • Characters: Items and Stats
          • Order of the Stick
          • Other Characters/Creatures
        • Combat Scenes
    • SECOND POST
      • Story, Plot, and Characters
        • General Information
        • Character Development and Backstory
          • The Order of the Stick
          • Vector Legion
          • Other Characters
        • Vampirism
        • The Gates and their History
        • Familicide
        • Calendars, Dates, Maps
        • Culture, Religion and the Afterlife
        • Reading Too Much Into It
    • THIRD POST
      • Writing
        • Storytelling Mistakes?
        • Plot Holes
        • Writing Process
        • Tools and Logistics
        • Forum and Reader Reactions
        • References and Influences
        • Story Development
        • Reflections from the Author
        • Real World Intent
        • Character Naming
        • The Story as a D&D Spoof
      • Supporting the Strip
      • Spoilers from Book/PDF Content
        • Start of Darkness
        • Snips, Snails and Dragon Tails
        • How the Paladin Got His Scar
        • Kickstarter Bonus PDFs
      • Thread History
    ...the "Story, Plot, and Characters" and "Writing" categories each have about ten subcategories.
    Last edited by Jasdoif; 2019-06-10 at 11:32 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Ogre in the Playground

Could divide it into "Story/Plot" and "Characters", unless all quotes applied to all three?

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lissou View Post
    Could divide it into "Story/Plot" and "Characters", unless all quotes applied to all three?
    Well, there's some interplay going on there; but let me see what happens if I move "Character Development and Backstory" into its own category....

...that's enough to fit the entire Index into two posts instead of three. Neato!

Here's the sections that would be affected; what's everyone think?

Spoiler: Table of Contents
    Show

• FIRST POST
      • Latest Additions
      • Alignment
        • General Information
        • D&D Alignment
        • Specific Characters
          • Evil Characters
          • Good Characters
          • Neutral Characters
      • Art
        • General
        • Drawing
        • Art & Magic
        • Art & Merchandise
      • D&D Rules and Explanations
        • Accuracy
        • Characters: Items and Stats
          • Order of the Stick
          • Other Characters/Creatures
        • Combat Scenes
      • Story, Plot, and Characters
        • General Information
        • Vampirism
        • The Gates and their History
        • Familicide
        • Calendars, Dates, Maps
        • Culture, Religion and the Afterlife
        • Reading Too Much Into It
    • SECOND POST
      • Character Development and Backstory
        • The Order of the Stick
        • Vector Legion
        • Other Characters
      • Writing
        • Storytelling Mistakes?
        • Plot Holes
        • Writing Process
        • Tools and Logistics
        • Forum and Reader Reactions
        • References and Influences
        • Story Development
        • Reflections from the Author
        • Real World Intent
        • Character Naming
        • The Story as a D&D Spoof
      • Supporting the Strip
      • Spoilers from Book/PDF Content
        • Start of Darkness
        • Snips, Snails and Dragon Tails
        • How the Paladin Got His Scar
        • Kickstarter Bonus PDFs
      • Thread History

Spoiler: Story, Plot, and Characters
    Show

General Information
    Protection from Law is Illegal in Many Places #969 2014/12/01
    There will be seven books (from the main online comic) #910 2013/08/15
    Dragon Continuity
    The Dragon Magazine strips and Gygax magazine strips exist in a separate continuity from the OOTS strips.
    #863 2012/11/25
    Some Thoughts on Visuals and Story
    People get invested in the story, not the art, of a comic.
    #838 2012/02/18
    More Prequels?
    The total number of planned prequel stories is "pretty much fixed"; at least one more as of 09/16/2015.
    #804 2011/09/01
    Not everything needs a backstory
    Not everything needs a backstory, or even has an interesting one worth telling.
    #729 2010/06/23

Vampirism
    Coffin-less Vampires Immediately Turn to Dust When "Killed" #1131 2018/07/31
    Why Most Vampires Don't Get Overwhelmed by Their Host's Memories
    And why HPoH ( ) did.
    #1130 2018/07/28
    The Nature of Vampirism
    "...a negative energy consciousness created in the shape of your own worst impulses, stuffed into your dead body to animate it."
    #1112 2018/02/13
    HPoH ( ) Didn't Exist Before Durkon Was Vampirized
    Though he arrived "with certain knowledge, like language and whatever Hel told it to do as she was shoving it in there."
    #1112 2018/02/13
    Durkon Can't Show HPoH ( ) Fake Memories #1009 2015/10/19
    Malack Chose to Worship Nergal
    And "shaman" is a descriptive term, not a non-cleric class.
    #949 2014/04/19
    There is Only One Way that Vampirism Works
    And nothing that happens with vampires can be assumed to work for other undead. Also, knowledge of how vampirization works is rare, even among clerics.
    #949 2014/04/18
    Vampires Have Free Will #949 2014/04/18

The Gates and their History
    About Girard's Double Bluff
    About Girard's double bluff to protect the Gate.
    #895 2013/06/21
    Soon's Castle
    Soon built the castle, but did not build Azure City.
    #804 2011/09/01
    Soon's Gem and Gate
    Details about Soon's rift and how it is protected. The gate/rift could not be moved. You can shift a gate to another plane, but not another place on this plane.
    #801 2011/08/21

Familicide
    Familicide
    How Familicide works. More here.
    #879 2012/03/07

Calendars, Dates, Maps
    Death of Old Age in OOTS
    "Eugene literally died of old age. When a person reaches a certain age, the gods roll dice to see what his or her maximum lifespan is going to be, and when the person hits 12:01 on that birthday, they keel over dead from no apparent cause."
    #933 2013/12/06
    Map of the Western Continent
    It is constantly changing.
    #746 2010/09/12
    OOTS Age Range
    Intended to be early to mid 20s. Durkon is the "dwarf equivalent" of this age range, in his 50s.
    #732 2010/07/02
    Chronology & Timeline
    Anything that states a numbered, dated year references the Northern calendar. The Oracle uses the Southern calendar. Further details on timeframe of Belkar's death prophecy included. Some time references in the strip (like the deva's chart) should not be taken too literally.
    #725 2010/05/26

Culture, Religion and the Afterlife
    On Dwarves, Death, and Dishonor
    Dwarves know they go to Hel if they die dishonorably, and their culture takes this into account: All dwarves learn how to fight, and consistently living honorably is a solution, even if they die in a normally nonviolent role.
    #1004 2015/09/15
    The Afterlife Isn't Important to OOTS
    It's only important that the characters find living preferable to it.
    #998 2015/08/17
    Spiritual Progress in the Afterlife
    The afterlife leads down a path of "letting go" of life, including an inability to learn new things.
    #998 2015/08/16
    The Soul Economy
    Spirits produce Soul PowerTM in life, which is collected in the afterlife.
    #998 2015/08/16
    The Purpose of the Godsmoot
    It's a neutral meeting ground for the gods, who don't meet in person across pantheons anymore. More here, on both Godsmoots in general and the one in the comic in particular.
    #998 2015/08/13
    How Non-Theistic Religions Work in OOTS
    More on the Giant's view for D&D in general here and here.
    #995 2015/08/01
    On Elven and Goblin Deities
    The Elves worship Western gods in addition to their own. The goblins worshipped no one prior to the ascension of the Dark One.
    #978 2015/03/19
    Elven Government and Political Relations with the Outside World
    Why did the elves help Azure City yet not try to stop Tarquin's tyranny? More here
    #915 2013/08/29
    Class Systems and Careers
    Also, FYI, Durkon isn't "white."
    #882 2013/04/08
    Nergal and Undeath
    Nergal is not against undeath. Malack just doesn't like using the undead as cannon fodder.
    #870 2013/02/21
    The Rise of the Dark One
    Spoiler: Start of Darkness
    Show
    The other gods lost their one shot to gang up on him and kill him. The Dark One has since been building his power.
    #864 2013/01/04
    Religions and Deities in OOTS World
    Background details on who worships whom, and on Thor, Hel, and the Twelve Gods.
    #848 2012/04/11
    SoD Paladins & Miko's Fall
    Show
    Only the crayon pages are narrative by Redcloak. Not every event is necessarily "seen." Certain scenes are largely shown from Redcloak's perspective. Details of why the paladins who killed Redcloak's people may or may not have fallen, why it doesn't matter, and how showing it would have cheapened the effect of Miko's fall later.
    #706 2010/03/15
    On Evil Characters and Resurrection
    Evil characters are not discouraged / prohibited from raising the dead in OOTSverse.
    Show
    Right-Eye's family wasn't raised because Redcloak doesn't control Team Evil's finances to pay for resurrection, Xykon does.
    #566 2008/06/15

Reading Too Much Into It
    🍌The Colors of the Council of Clan Barriers Are Not a Portal Reference
    #1157 2019/03/01
    About the Lizardfolk Prostitute in #676
    It was a joke about then-recent 4th Edition D&D's Dragonborn art. "It is not a trans gender individual at all (because it is a cis-female)...."
    #1143 2018/10/09
    Repeated Strip Titles are Accidental #1088 2017/08/04
    HPoH ( ) Made a Tactical Error in #1009
    Durkon "showed him Roy telling him the story about what happened with Eric. That's it."
    #1009 2015/10/19
    The Comic (not) Commenting on D&D Playstyles
    "There is more important thematic ground in this world for me to cover than whether or not people powergame."
    #995 2015/07/30
    On the Title "Blood Runs in the Family"
    It's a composite of two synonymous expressions, "'[Trait] runs in the family' and '[trait] runs in the blood'".
    #991 2015/06/27
    Earth isn't in the Rift
    "Earth will never show up."
    #945 2014/02/15
    On Blackwing, Rifts, and Memory #944 2014/02/10
    Is Thog Mentally Handicapped?
    No, he is not. See also here (on why a mentally handicapped character will not be portrayed)
    #935 2013/12/30
    Malack's Chamber Plans
    This was intended to use the imagery of factory farming, not the Holocaust. Malack plans to create a vampire ruling class.
    #875 2013/03/01
    Malack's Vampirism and LGBT
    Malack's condition is not an allegory for LGBT.
    #875 2013/03/01
    Belkar's Jokes
    Belkar making a joke about something does not make it so.
    #786 2011/04/11
    Current Politics
    There are no references to current politics in the strip beyond those which readers invent themselves.
    #732 2010/07/02
    TV Tropes
    Rich is aware it exists. No, he doesn't use it for ideas or reference it in any way in the comic.
    #705 2010/03/04
    Hidden Meanings
    Not everything in the comic has one.
    #667 2009/06/02

Spoiler: Character Development and Backstory
    Show

Note: For character stats and items, see the D&D rules section.
    The Order of the Stick
    On Haley, Honesty and History
    "...She literally says she is going to miss being honest with Crystal."
    #981 2015/04/28
    OOTS were Originally Going to Wander the Dungeon Forever
    Which changed partly for the joke potential in towns and wilderness.
    #980 2015/04/26
    The Main Cast were Devised for Joke Potential
    "Silly jokes for Elan, angry jokes for Belkar, sarcasm for Roy, etc."
    #980 2015/04/26
    Haley is Bisexual #972 2015/01/13
    Belkar Turned Down the Gnome Merchant in #969
    "Whether or not it would be immoral for Belkar to go on the date is...less important than how Belkar feels about going on the date." Also discusses Haley's morals.
    #969 2014/12/01
    Haley's Decision to Stop Using Gendered Insults
    It's growth of her character. She's been trying to be a better person since being with Elan.
    #959 2014/07/31
    Why V Didn't Kill Laurin
    Character growth: V is learning not to kill "from a purely consequentialist viewpoint."
    #935 2013/12/20
    Belkar and Bloodfeast
    Belkar's concerns about 'Bloodfeast' were part of his character development, not an effort to make V look bad.
    #932 2013/11/20
    The Dream Runes
    Elan's victory as character development. Also, Nale was the only LG member affected by the runes.
    #893 2013/06/11
    V is a Vegetarian #891 2013/06/03
    What Belkar Saw
    What Belkar saw while affected by the dream runes.
    #890 2013/05/25
    V's Children
    The Giant made them adopted to leave open the possibility that V/Inkyrius are gay or lesbian.
    #882 2013/04/09
    Haley's Leadership
    A greedy self-centered rogue becomes leader. Belkar and Haley are the only one's who questioned her leadership skills during the Azure City Resistance.
    #882 2013/04/07
    Durkon and Malack's Breakup
    Durkon reacts not only to Malack's vampirism, but to his alliance with the Linear Guild. He knows that Malack does not know Belkar isn't innocent.
    #872 2013/02/26
    Parental Problems
    Parents are in the story only to introduce conflict. That fathers are included and mothers are absent for the human characters is simply a coincidence.
    #815 2011/11/18

Vector Legion
    The Inspiration for Tarquin was Elan #980 2015/04/26
    Tarquin's Adventuring Party is Named "Vector Legion" #945 2014/02/17
    Drama and Breaking a Character
    "Drama is all about taking characters and pushing them until they break, one way or the other. If a character can't be broken, then they have no place as a main character in a story." More here.
    #934 2013/12/08
    Malack is not Paranoid #906 2013/07/30

Other Characters
    On Hinjo and Miko
    Spoiler: How the Paladin Got His Scar
    Show
    "Cousin" is an informal term of address, they aren't legally related.
    #1122 2018/05/21
    On Hilgya and Her Husband Ivan
    "...their marriage was never consummated and he probably was completely unaware that she was forced into it..."
    #999 2015/08/20
    About Thirden
    He made an effort to improve his diction over the years, and "Squeaky" is a nickname about his singing voice. Also, he's not Durkon's biological uncle.
    #991 2015/06/22
    Bozzok and Crystal's Falling Out
    Bozzok told Crystal she couldn't think for herself; Crystal proved otherwise.
    #981 2015/04/29
    Miko and Kilkil Developed Differently than Planned #980 2015/04/26
    O-Chul Offset His Low Charisma with Social Skill #980 2015/04/25
    The MitD ( ) Reveal is a Crucial Part of the Story
    "...It will happen when it's time for it to happen. "
    #980 2015/04/24
    The Secret Society of the Sapphire Guard
    A subset of the Twelve Gods' clerics and paladins; Every member had some cleric or paladin levels.
    #980 2015/04/24
    Hel Has No Living Worshippers
    "That means literally not one single living person, ever."
    #962 2014/09/11
    On Julio rescuing Tarquin's Brides-to-be
    Julio rescued the potential brides from Tarquin before their weddings, not after.
    Spoiler: Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tails
    Show
    Virginia is one of the rescued brides-to-be.
    #932 2013/11/21
    Kubota and Hinjo
    Why Kubota still wanted to kill Hinjo after the other nobles had given up.
    #891 2013/06/09
    The Azurite Nobles and Hinjo
    The nobles thought they could save their own skins from Xykon with Hinjo out of the way.
    #891 2013/06/06
    Scrying in the Desert
    It was Zz'dtri who scryed on the Order after they found Girard's illusion.
    #870 2013/02/18
    Miko's Popularity
    Miko's story was not "cut short" because of fan opinions - it was precisely the length intended. Rich does not make storytelling decisions based on finances.
    #863 2012/12/18
    Miko and Shojo
    Shojo was the "tape" that held Miko's character together for so long. He was responsible for much in Miko that was good/positive.
    #815 2011/11/18
    V's Splices
    There won't be a prequel book about them, and Rich hasn't developed a backstory for them. Just 3 evil souls.
    #801 2011/08/21
    Sarah Met Eugene When She Was Nineteen #650 2009/05/02
    Miko's Unchanging Role
    "Everything from the point where Miko drags the Order to Azure City in chains in #251 is more-or-less exactly what was always going to happen, with only some tone changed."
    #559 2008/05/29

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Seems A-Ok to me, unless someone can come up with even better subdivisions.

Peelee’s Lotsey