New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fallout 404: GECK Not Found

Best part of the Sink CIU is that it's a 100% repair merchant. Everything comes out pristine. It's insanely useful for things like the Holorifle or YCS which either have no other repairables, or are so insanely rare as to be nearly non-existant.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Thankfully, the Sink's "butler" computer can repair stuff really well. It costs a fair bit, but there is sooo much junk, armor, and weapons around Big MT I don't use to pay for it. I'm still making money after each foray outside.

Amusing side note, I wonder what the addiction rate of Mentats is? I'm two skill points short of what's needed to craft weapon repair kits, so I keep popping mentats to make them and haven't gotten addicted yet. Soon as I touch one beer? Addiction! Damn it is funny how often the RNG screws with me.
    It's fairly low, I think. Not that it matters, since the sink's autodoc can cure addictions.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Wiki says only a 5% addiction change for mentats. Wiki page on Fallout Addictions

4. - Top - End - #124
    Spamalot in the Playground

Welp. The honeymoon is over.

Last night was my first time actually getting frustrated at Old World Blues. Solely because the game went from "Wacky 50s Mad Science Humor" to "Hardcore Gauntlet Tomb of Horrors Firefight". Egads the Final Fantasy series didn't have encounter rates this heavy.

I had a heavy fight against 7 roboscorpions at the Big MT North Tunnel, but I was able to handle it by jumping on top of a train car and using it for cover. The Meltdown perk pays off big here. However, it was when I left the tunnel and went southwest to grab Muggy's backup personality that it hit the fan...

Spoiler: Downhill from here
    Show
    I'm approaching a building and there's a Lobotomite on top just pacing. Great, I'll snip him from behind this wrecked train car for an easy kill. After taking some time to lineup my shot, he suddenly spots me and comes running down. And then three more from who knows where showed up. So now I'm trying to not get killed because they're all wielding axes and shotguns. THEN three securitron bots show up and they fire missiles indiscriminately at Everything! Three of my five Auto-stimpacks trigger and I'm reaching for my doctor's bag thanks to having two crippled legs and a crippled head.

I didn't think my head could be crippled, being brainless and all, but... yeah. Oh and immediately after that I got my right arm crippled from missile splash damage. Thankfully I had some EMP grenades, which did wonders to kill the Securitrons. I grab the Muggy personality and return to The Sink to get myself patched up (and to reload on auto-stimpacks).

I now head northwest and get chased by three lobotomites and a Y-17 Trauma harness, all of which ignored that I was in Stealth mode. I climbed up a hill to get higher ground and kill all my opponents. But before the fight even finishes, three Mr Gutsys show up and start shooting plasma at me, then two more lobotomites, and before I could finish the lobotomites a pack of three Nightstalkers show up. UGH. Well the hill I'm on happens to be next to a radio tower building and on the roof I found Elija's Advanced LAER. Thank. Wanderer.

I take care of the nightstalkers first since they're on the roof with me (burned another three auto-stimpacks) and then took down the Woodstock Event down below shooting at me from all three side of the building. Damn, what's with the encounter rate at this place? Remember when I said it's like all the enemies gather together for meetings? I think my joke was more spot-on than I realized. These two battles alone burned through nearly 30 stimpacks, 20 or so major food items for healing (Red paste, caravan lunches, Sarsaparilla, etc.) and more ammo that I care to think about.

The worst thing is that enemies seem to respawn every 24 hours. So If I don't grab everything I want in the first visit, I can be sure as toast most of them will be back and waiting for me if I don't return before the next day.

Phew... I need a break from this game. It's trying to kill me.
    Still don't know why my 100 Stealth just doesn't seem to do anything to protect me. Enemies see me coming a mile away even if I'm behind objects.

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    Best part of the Sink CIU is that it's a 100% repair merchant.
    It really is convenient, because I've been burning through Optimized cells like candy lately and they're putting my weapons through a workout. I can't leave the sink without at least two weapon repair kits. That's how crazy it's gotten out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    It's fairly low, I think. Not that it matters, since the sink's autodoc can cure addictions.
    Wiki says only a 5% addiction change for mentats. Wiki page on Fallout Addictions
    Just 5? Huh, I would have guessed higher. Ah well, it's alright. I put points into Repair on my latest level up (fifth level since starting OWB) so Mentats can all go wayside for a while.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

A secret no one mentions about OWB is bring lots of grenades. I forget to mention it, but I always stock up on high explosives before going anywhere near the place. Frag, Pulse, and Plasma. You've also clearly not been into the Securitron Deconstruction plant yet. That place is a lot of 'fun'.

The missiles from the Securitrons is a curious thing. The MK2's always had them, but until the launch animation changed with OWB, they would almost never use them, because of the time it took to stop, straighten and retract arms and lower the concealing panel.

Now that happens instantly, and they're far more trigger happy with them. (They also have no concept of outdoor toys.) And since it's a barrage, it's several times worse than those from a Sentry Bot. I do believe that the individual missiles are less powerful than those of a Sentry Bot.

DLC foes are stupidly perceptive. Have you got silent running?

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Part of why I loved OWB is because it's the only part of the modern Fallouts wacky enough to make it feel like the original games. I'm told I missed out on a ton since I've never played through it with Wild Wasteland on, though.

Weird how a bunch of appliances ended up having my favorite personalities in a long time. Their writing was so entertaining I couldn't resist showing it all to my girlfriend and her friends when they happened to arrive while I was playing. Consensus from them was "Muggy needs a hug.... I think the toaster needs a hug, too, but no way I'm touching it."

Also, it had the most surprising enemy I'd faced in that whole game. See, when you get charged by a skeleton swinging an axe in Elder Scrolls, you don't think twice. When it happens for the first time in Fallout you're going, "WTF!!!"
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, the Toaster is the most delightful ball of crazy.

The axe thing was more amusing than startling. Me, I pulled an Indiana Jones, pistol, one shot. Not quite the same gun, but it still felt cool. Such a pity I didn't see the Cazadore behind me.

8. - Top - End - #128

A secret no one mentions about OWB is bring lots of grenades.
    I didn't bring any when I went into the dlc, but I've been finding a few here and there. I had a fun time locking myself in Little Yangtze and pitching a few pulse grenades at the Sentry bouts outside who couldn't get at me. That was therapeutic. Bonus LOL when the ghouls there came at me and I simply stepped outside the fence. Heh.

DLC foes are stupidly perceptive. Have you got silent running?
    Yes, Silent Running is a must-have. :3

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    "Muggy needs a hug.... I think the toaster needs a hug, too, but no way I'm touching it."
    Yeah, the Toaster is the most delightful ball of crazy.
    The toaster takes the cake, but I do like when Muggy starts singing and then goes "WTF am I doing?!"
    Poor Muggy. I don't know why I feel bad for a robot that isn't even a real AI (well, according to the Sink Central Unit, but I wonder if he secretly doesn't like his neighbors). The two light-switches feuding is pretty amusing as well. I was surprised when I walked in and heard them insulting each other. All my friends are neurotic appliances.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    Also, it had the most surprising enemy I'd faced in that whole game. See, when you get charged by a skeleton swinging an axe in Elder Scrolls, you don't think twice. When it happens for the first time in Fallout you're going, "WTF!!!"
    The Trauma harnesses were pretty unnerving the first time I saw them. It's like that scene in the new Doctor Who series... the library episode... Silence in the Library?
    Digo Dragon - Artist

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Just remember, while your brain is elsewhere, you are immune to addiction. So go ahead and pop those Mentats as much as you like.

The Big MT is... well... it isn't empty. And things have a stupidly good Perception skill, apparently. If you haven't gotten into the habit, I'd strongly suggest going anywhere by crouching in stealth mode. Everywhere. Because things like that happen.

If you don't end up with a plasma rifle by the end of your trek through the Big MT, I'll be very much surprised. However, there's things better than a plasma rifle to be found. Have you found the Sink's little upgrades yet?

If you set off the test fire at the test firing site, then go back to boomtown... you might find something very interesting in the ensuing crater. Be worth checking out. It'll help significantly with your survival.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Oh yeah, that's a good piece of kit. There's a second one, but it's much harder to put your hands on. Sniff around the site though, there's a wooden cask with some good stuff in it.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

The Trauma harnesses were pretty unnerving the first time I saw them. It's like that scene in the new Doctor Who series... the library episode... Silence in the Library?
    If you have Wild Wasteland turned on, one of their idle quotes is "Hey, who turned out the lights?"
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

12. - Top - End - #132
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Best part of the Sink CIU is that it's a 100% repair merchant. Everything comes out pristine. It's insanely useful for things like the Holorifle or YCS which either have no other repairables, or are so insanely rare as to be nearly non-existant.
    Once you've completed Dead Money you can get infinite repair kits though because they cost a trivial number of sierra madre chips.

A 100 repair merchant is still good for armour, but y'know, Jury Rigging.
    Last edited by GloatingSwine; 2016-03-06 at 08:43 AM.

13. - Top - End - #133

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Just remember, while your brain is elsewhere, you are immune to addiction. So go ahead and pop those Mentats as much as you like.
    Really? Huh, that's good to know. Guess I'll be popping more pills to keep my Perception buffed. And yes, I do sneak EVERYWHERE. That's my SOP.

If you set off the test fire at the test firing site, then go back to boomtown... you might find something very interesting in the ensuing crater. Be worth checking out. It'll help significantly with your survival.
    Oh yeah, that's a good piece of kit. There's a second one, but it's much harder to put your hands on. Sniff around the site though, there's a wooden cask with some good stuff in it.
    I think I saw giant cannons in the distance after my major fight near the Cukoo's Nest. I know I passed Boom Town on my way to X-8 (where I left off). X-8 is... well, Doctor Borous has issues. :\

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    If you have Wild Wasteland turned on, one of their idle quotes is "Hey, who turned out the lights?"
    Oh that will creep me out horribly O.o

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    Once you've completed Dead Money you can get infinite repair kits though because they cost a trivial number of sierra madre chips.
    A 100 repair merchant is still good for armour, but y'know, Jury Rigging.
    Yeah, but caps are easy to come buy and the caps spent on repairs goes into the Sink's merchant amount so getting it back is easy by selling it junk. :3 Either way I think I'm pretty much set for repair tools. I can make repair kits if I need to (I've made about 20 so far thanks to all the junk in Big MT).
    Digo Dragon - Artist

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

The trouble of course with Jury Rigging is that you can't at all with the Holorifle, and that the weapons you can repair the YCS with are too useful to waste repairing it. Though if you haven't been through Dead Money, you don't have those infinite repair kits.

15. - Top - End - #135

[QUOTE=DigoDragon;20506039]Oh that will creep me out horribly O.o[quote]

If you have wild wasteland enabled, you should definitely go check out the doghouse in Higg's Village.

Yeah, but caps are easy to come buy and the caps spent on repairs goes into the Sink's merchant amount so getting it back is easy by selling it junk. :3 Either way I think I'm pretty much set for repair tools. I can make repair kits if I need to (I've made about 20 so far thanks to all the junk in Big MT).
    It only gets easier to make repair kits once you get all the modules for your electronic friends, because the Book Chute breaks down clipboards and pencils into lead, scrap metal, and duct tape, while Muggy can just flat-out give you five scrap electronics once per day. Eventually, you'll have hundreds of everything you need to make repair kits except for wrenches.

Also, after watching Gopher's most recent Let's Play, I kinda want to see a new mod: "Retake Quincy." It's probably be pretty involved; you know, go to the Gunner Plaza and murder their commander, and then go to Quincy and wipe out the gunners there. And I realize that it goes completely against what I said earlier about having fewer settlements, but I still want the ability to give the Gunners and their materialism a symbolic "Screw You." Money and mercantilism are not as strong as people working together.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Correction: Brainless just gives a bonus to chem addiction resistance, it isn't immunity. It is, however, immunity to head being crippled.

Heartless is immunity to being poisoned, which makes Cazadores a LOT less intimidating, and spineless gives a +1 to Str and DT and immunity to torso crippling.

Once you get the option to replace your organs, it'll change the perk from <part>less to Big <part>ed

Big Brained is kind of mandatory. It has a lower chem resistance bonus, but a higher DT bonus, so score.
    Big Hearted trades off immunity to poison for a hefty resistance, but healing items become 50% more effective
    Big Spined is a straight-up upgrade of +2 str and DT.

Personally, I tend to stay heartless. Immunity to poison is an immunity. That's pretty hard to pass up. Other than that, replacing your spine is a pure upgrade and you don't have a choice about your brain.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    If you have wild wasteland enabled, you should definitely go check out the doghouse in Higg's Village.
    ...?

*Goes to the AutoDoc to get the Wild Wasteland trait* - *Checks doghouse in Higgs Village* - *Is Eviscerated*

... O.o`

*Reloads his save to before the AutoDoc* I have no words for what just murdered me.

Eventually, you'll have hundreds of everything you need to make repair kits except for wrenches.
    I've got about 90+ wrenches between Big MT and Novac. I can't imagine I'll run out.

Correction: Brainless just gives a bonus to chem addiction resistance, it isn't immunity. It is, however, immunity to head being crippled.
    Hmmm, then that was a fun little glitch earlier when I got rocket-tagged by the Protectrons.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

18. - Top - End - #138
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

How do Rockets fair in Big MT? I know I kinda love Rockets over Missiles, since they're lighter...
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

They work pretty well. You do lose some of the punch of missiles because of the smaller damage radius, but they're still reasonably potent. You'll want HE if you can, for the larger explosive radius. But standard panicked spam fire works well enough.

20. - Top - End - #140

...?

*Goes to the AutoDoc to get the Wild Wasteland trait* - *Checks doghouse in Higgs Village* - *Is Eviscerated*

... O.o`

*Reloads his save to before the AutoDoc* I have no words for what just murdered me.
    That would be Stripe the deathclaw. He doesn't have quite as much HP as the legendary deathclaw, but has more than the Alpha Male. See, now you've learned two things: how to get eviscerated, and to take my advice with a grain of salt because I'm a sadist.

I've got about 90+ wrenches between Big MT and Novac. I can't imagine I'll run out.
    See, usually I just craft them up into repair kits as soon as I have the ingredients. It tidies things up a bit, saves weight, and lets me get on to the truly important things in New Vegas. I refer, of course, to abusing repair kits and Jury Rigging to systematically bankrupt every vendor in the Mojave.

Do you know, I've never actually used the Red Glare? I grabbed it, bought all the upgrades, shot it once, and then shelved it forever after it failed to kill a Marked Man in one shot where my sniper rifle did.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

21. - Top - End - #141

See, now you've learned two things: how to get eviscerated, and to take my advice with a grain of salt because I'm a sadist.
    ...you can't see it, but I'm shaking my fist at you.

See, usually I just craft them up into repair kits as soon as I have the ingredients.
    I'm lacking in duct tape for weapon kits. Usually the hardest item for me to find. X-12 had some... and nightstalkers. Invisible nightstalkers. X.x
    Digo Dragon - Artist

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Hey

Did anyone here know you could get pies from the pie machines scattered around in Fallout 4?
    Cause it turns out you can.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

and you don't have a choice about your brain.
    I'm pretty sure you do--if you pick the wrong conversation options when talking to it it's entirely possible to stay Brainless for the rest of the game.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    Hey

Did anyone here know you could get pies from the pie machines scattered around in Fallout 4?
    I don't think I've seen a pie machine. What do they look like?
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

He's a mean little bugger alright, but you can get to the roof and he cannot.

Red Glare is not a single shot weapon. It's a spam cannon. Point at the enemy, or more appropriately the ground near the enemy, and then spam the fire button. 13 rounds should deal with anything short of a deathclaw. Naturally it's more effective against groups since splash damage. But it's not a weapon for anyone looking to conserve ammo.

F4 pie machine is the big one that has the glass dome on it. If you activate it and it's working, the dome will raise so you can get some of the food. I think that's the one though.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    I'm pretty sure you do--if you pick the wrong conversation options when talking to it it's entirely possible to stay Brainless for the rest of the game.
    You cannot bypass the pacification field while Brainless and thus trigger the end event.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    Hey

If you're talking about the port-a-diners, no. I tried one a few times then gave up assuming it was just an animation and would never actually work.
    Devoted artificer of the church of Scorching Ray.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Madcrafter View Post
    If you're talking about the port-a-diners, no. I tried one a few times then gave up assuming it was just an animation and would never actually work.
    They have a very small chance of giving you the pie, modified by your luck stat. It's kind of pointless really since the pie is nothing special as food items go.
    Sanity is nice to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

29. - Top - End - #149

You cannot bypass the pacification field while Brainless and thus trigger the end event.
    Speaking of fields, I've started up the hobby of walking along the barrier fence after finishing up a lab that's near the edge of Big MT before returning to The Sink. Been finding lots of hidden camps with useful energy ammo loot (and the skeletons of the previous owner) so my ammo count is way back up in the black again. Also, apparently there is an achievement for walking past the barrier twice. Whoops. XD

Speaking of accidental achievements, after one of my forays out of bounds and getting teleported to The Sink balcony, I noticed it had a force field around it. Dunno why this thought came into my head, but I decided to disable the field with the upgraded Emitter gun and jump down off the balcony to see if I really was "outside" or not. Turns out not only was I indeed outside, but I found a dead body up there loaded with energy weapon loot. Huh, did not see that one coming. O.o

Speaking of not seeing this coming, I got a bit tired that a bunch of places have enemies spawning incessantly often (24 hours or less) so I started a landmine farm in those areas. My explosive skill isn't enough to outright kill them, but as soon as I get to the 'cell' I hear some explosions go off and everyone is limping around with broken legs. Now I just ignore them because they got melee weapons and no chance to catch up to me.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

Rolling towards quincy today, just outside the atomic toys factory, I see a vertibird with a few people around it. No problem, must be a few brotherhood, they'll make some snarky comments because they weren't invited to the synth shoot and fireworks, whatever.

Nope, gunners. Why are gunners hanging out with a vertibird? Well w/e, they'll just start shooting at me, right? Hey, why's that one climbing in, is he going to open up with the minigun? Huh, never seen the ai do this before. Nope, it's taking off and straffing me with a legendary gunner flying it. Bwah?

This is.....new?
    Quote Originally Posted by jedipotter View Post
    Logic just does not fit in with the real world. And only the guilty throw fallacy's around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendin, probably
    As always, the planes prove to be awesomer than I expected.