New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Diablo III:3 Kanai Fix It?

Im looking for tips on what to pick next season. So far ive been a barb a monk and a crusader. Generally speaking, I like being able to run face first into a fight and survive. I dont like to have to spend a ton of time dodging around avoiding a near instant kill because I cant take a hit without burning defensive skills. If I go witchdoctor, will my pets be strong enough to stand up to high torment elites? Or will they be obliterated quickly?
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

2. - Top - End - #902
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Im looking for tips on what to pick next season. So far ive been a barb a monk and a crusader. Generally speaking, I like being able to run face first into a fight and survive. I dont like to have to spend a ton of time dodging around avoiding a near instant kill because I cant take a hit without burning defensive skills. If I go witchdoctor, will my pets be strong enough to stand up to high torment elites? Or will they be obliterated quickly?
    I believe they buffed Zuni's this patch, which usually means next season the gift will be Zuni's.

Zuni pets are plenty durable. The only real issue with Zunis is getting the two masks and two weapons you need to make the full build really work.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

3. - Top - End - #903

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    I believe they buffed Zuni's this patch, which usually means next season the gift will be Zuni's.

Zuni pets are plenty durable. The only real issue with Zunis is getting the two masks and two weapons you need to make the full build really work.
    What, so you mean like, wear mask and weapon 1 to say, summon the pets and give them whatever boosts they need, then equip the other mask and weapon to give them the passive bonus? Interesting. I will probably give it a shot. Whats a good speed build for a witchdoctor while grinding for the full gear set? Should I stick with pets and such?

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

4. - Top - End - #904
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

What, so you mean like, wear mask and weapon 1 to say, summon the pets and give them whatever boosts they need, then equip the other mask and weapon to give them the passive bonus? Interesting. I will probably give it a shot. Whats a good speed build for a witchdoctor while grinding for the full gear set? Should I stick with pets and such?
    No, you wear one and the other goes in the cube. Carnevil, the helm that makes your fetishes shoot copies of your poison darts, can be a gigantic pain to get-it has a low drop rate. You need the Dagger of Darts to make the poison darts pierce. Mask of Jeram ups your pet damage by a lot, and Starmetal Kukri lets you use Big Bad Voodoo much faster, which speeds up the amount of darts you spew out. Zuni 2 pc makes your fetish army permanent.

Once everything's going, the darts will fly a good screen and a half, dealing huge chunks of damage to anything you've hit with a spender and aggroing everything you haven't hit with a spender (which then moves onto your screen to try to kill you, you hit with a spender, spam some darts, dead). I don't think of Zuni as particularly speedy, it doesn't move like a Tal speedfarming build for instance. In-geom speedfarming builds are like rockets that use elite packs for gas. As long as you keep finding elite packs and nuking them down before your buff wears off, you won't run out of gas... once it takes you longer than 10s to find and kill the next elite pack, things slow way down (also you're quite fragile). Zuni is more like a combination harvester or an avalanche- once you build up some speed, you'll mow everything down.
    Last edited by Icewraith; 2017-03-23 at 02:37 PM.

5. - Top - End - #905

Oh ok, that makes better sense. :p Also, flashing back to an earlier comment I made on getting so many leorics crowns. My crusader is right now running rampant through heaven. He has looted over the course of the game no less than three executioners axes. On the other hand, I keep getting all sorts of interesting random shields. One that gives my 2h weapon an extra 10% damage I think, and my latest one that randomly summons a spiritual wolf that does 900% weapon damage as it charges off away from me. So far I have only really looted like 1 shield that boosted my crusader abilities and thatw as an act 1 shield that boosted sweep attack. But then I got some bracers that slap an extra 480% of so to the first target of my tossed shield and I rather enjoy hurling that thing around. It murders stuff quite effectively.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Spamalot in the Playground

The WD Gift is indeed Zuni.

Pet survival is almost never an issue - if you're at a difficulty where your pets are always dying, it generally also means they (and therefore you) are doing far too little damage to make playing on that difficulty worthwhile, and therefore that you should downrank or modify your build.

Oh ok, that makes better sense. :p Also, flashing back to an earlier comment I made on getting so many leorics crowns. My crusader is right now running rampant through heaven. He has looted over the course of the game no less than three executioners axes. On the other hand, I keep getting all sorts of interesting random shields. One that gives my 2h weapon an extra 10% damage I think,
    Hellskull

and my latest one that randomly summons a spiritual wolf that does 900% weapon damage as it charges off away from me
    Defender of Westmarch

So far I have only really looted like 1 shield that boosted my crusader abilities and thatw as an act 1 shield that boosted sweep attack
    Denial

But then I got some bracers that slap an extra 480% of so to the first target of my tossed shield and I rather enjoy hurling that thing around. It murders stuff quite effectively.
    Akkhan's Manacles. Despite the name (and the design), most Akkhan builds sadly don't use it. Probably because they screwed up with the Blessed Shield flail.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

7. - Top - End - #907
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Did you also switch to Teleport so you could keep away from bad things? If you didn't, then yeah, the loss of toughness coupled with no escape is going to make things a lot worse. If you did and you're dying anyway, then blinking away from trouble may just be a playstyle issue.
    I did, it came in handy occasionally but the monster density was very high so I was generally teleporting from twelve enemies to five enemies rather than safety.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

8. - Top - End - #908

If you're dying more often with teleport... well, I'm not sure what to say. Generally that's not what happens, and how you use it can play a role.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

9. - Top - End - #909
    Ettin in the Playground

I gave your Lightning Ball Delsere's build another go. I must say, it's much more effective when you remember to actually use Slow Time occasionally.

I'd been playing an Etched Firebird, and got used to not hitting "1". After I died several times, I accidentally used Slow Time, and suddenly I was kicking butt! I've just cleared GR 58.

Do you need to reach GR70 Solo to start getting Primals? Or can it be co-operative?
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

10. - Top - End - #910

Patch notes say solo.

On my Etched Firebird, "1" is my Black Hole. I don't hit it as often as I hit Slow Time on DMO or the nova move on Archon, but I need to hit it often enough that the muscle memory stays intact.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

11. - Top - End - #911
    Ettin in the Playground

Ancient Blood Bracers and Bindings have gotten me to GR61, with no deaths. I think I'm getting the hang of teleporting too.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

12. - Top - End - #912

Is anyone still playing on console? Since seasons have finally arrived there I was curious to see if any console players were giving it a go.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

13. - Top - End - #913
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

Not 100% sure if this has been mentioned here, so just to make sure:
    The Kanai's Skorn transmog is available at the moment- grab it this week or wait till next year!
    (It's in the chest in the immortal throne area of the ruins of sescheron.)

14. - Top - End - #914

Quote Originally Posted by Istarial View Post
    Not 100% sure if this has been mentioned here, so just to make sure:
    The Kanai's Skorn transmog is available at the moment- grab it this week or wait till next year!
    (It's in the chest in the immortal throne area of the ruins of sescheron.)
    It looks exactly like regular Skorn to me, is there a difference?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

15. - Top - End - #915
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

It looks exactly like regular Skorn to me, is there a difference?
    Same shape, but a more fiery look to it, I think.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Ettin in the Playground

It's a ghostly orange, with the same red star shimmery thing at the blade. The handle is barely visible. Kind of cool looking.

Kanai's Stomping Grounds is kinda fun, too!
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2017-03-24 at 08:27 PM.
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

17. - Top - End - #917
    Ogre in the Playground

So, I dusted off a character I hadn't played in seasons, that had never really worked out for me. Since this was my Wizard, I had the upside that my main is a Witch Doctor, so I had lots of Int gear banked, though no Wizard set gear to use. That meant I had to search my bank for whatever might make a workable build... And I then noticed I had a set of Int Legacy of Nightmares rings in there, so I gave him those and threw on every Ancient item with Int that I had banked.

This wizard ended up with 6 Ancients before I took him into a T6 Rift to see how it worked out. The first legendary that dropped for him was a Manald Heal.

I should have mentioned that the weapon he got out of the bank was an Ancient Rimeheart, so I'd built around the 10,000% damage procs it gives by making a cold/lightning build.

Yeah, you probably see where this is going. In fact, you may have heard me laughing maniacally from wherever you are.

I Cubed the Manald as soon as I got back to town, and it turns out a LoN build that gets piles of 10-14k damage procs constantly is the most hilarious thing ever. It's totally fixed the fact that I shelved my wiz because it wasn't fun, that's for sure!
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

18. - Top - End - #918
    Troll in the Playground

A question: how does +X% damage to a skill work? Say a skill does 300% weapon damage, and I have +10% bonus on that skill. Is the end result 310% damage, or 300% +10% of the resulting damage?
    Si non confectus, non reficiat.

The beautiful girl is courtesy of Serpentine
    My S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripjat Let's Play! Please give it a read, more than one constant reader would be nice!

19. - Top - End - #919
    Titan in the Playground

You will end up doing 330% damage with that skill. And if you had +10 % elemental damage to it you would end up with 363 % damage.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

20. - Top - End - #920

One thing I find amusing in the game is, how easy the lower difficulty levels are even without effort. As an example, I played the full storyline on whatever level is just under torment. Virtually the only thing I wore that wasnt a standard drop was a stored weapon and I still managed to basically roflstomp my way through everything. Just now I was running a bounty set, closing down some demon gates or whatever. Here I am, with a full screen of enemies packed so tightly I cant even see my own character, and its nothing to me. Absolutely nothing. I just stood there spamming my shield hurling ability, blinding to gain more wrath, and spammed shield hurl some more. Admittedly, I do have an absurd life per hit figure, but even that was pure random chance on my gear drops. Only reason im not running torment right now is, I want to hit 70 first, and the first torment difficulties arent HARD, they just make everything take a few extra hits to kill which slows me down. The only time I even notice my hp dropping is if im standing in a plagued/molten/desecrated spot, while an arcane turret starts hitting me, and the named elites/champs are also attacking me. So I figure I will stay below till im 70, then start working on farming good gear and pushing deeper until the new season starts. See what kinda loot I can nab, what legendary recipes I can get to drop. (So far a couple of those, plus a few good gem ones as well)

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ogre in the Playground

I have to point out that the experience gains are so much higher in the Torments that you'll probably hit 70 much sooner if you turn up the difficulty a notch or two. If it takes twice as long to kill things while you're getting triple the XP, you're coming out way ahead.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

22. - Top - End - #922

Meh, I was 65 by the time I beat the final boss of the storyline and am already at 68, almost 69. Its not a problem. Once I hit 70 I will craft some level 70 gear and start farming torments. I will get it with the next set of bounties I run most likely.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Barbarian in the Playground

Got my first primal ancient! Traveler's Pledge. Rerolled armor in to crit chance to have crit damage, int, crit chance, socket. That's probably never getting swapped out. Well until Runic Primal Ancient™ gear comes out.

Do GitPers rift together?
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

24. - Top - End - #924

My battletag is in the OP I think.

Hard and Master are mathematically faster than Torment for leveling - you just need a build with lots of AoE so you can rack up huge killstreak multipliers. You're also rushing off to town less often to craft replacement gear.

Just keep in mind that you can't get killstreaks in rifts.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

25. - Top - End - #925

Hard and Master are mathematically faster than Torment for leveling - you just need a build with lots of AoE so you can rack up huge killstreak multipliers. You're also rushing off to town less often to craft replacement gear.

Heh yeah thats gotten me some serious leveling boosts, especially early on. All of a sudden a 72x kill streak or whatever loads up and boom, my exp bar maxxed out and I jumped up a full level.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Barbarian in the Playground

Okay cool. I saw those, but didn't know who's active or likes to play multiplayer. I haven't played much MP myself, but I added you.

If anyone is having issues clearing GR 70, I could probably help out at this point. Just let me know.
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Troll in the Playground

I started the new season today, and I feel pretty good. I did one round of all the bounties in Hard. Now i've got two set bonuses boosting my xp gain, 3 legendaries and I'm probably ready to move up to Master the next time I play.

But what the heck does the 'Slap!' bonus of The Paddle do? Just make a silly sound?
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

28. - Top - End - #928

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    But what the heck does the 'Slap!' bonus of The Paddle do? Just make a silly sound?
    Yep, that's all it does
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Ugh, Delsere has all its damage stuck in its 6 PC. Hope of Cain popped out an Ancient Slorak, so I'm stuck with that until I get something better. Unstable Scepter dropped late in leveling, so right now it's in the Cube.

4PC, check.

Next step: T1 Bounties. Gamble Blood Shards until Triumvirate and possible Orb of Infinite Depth drop. Hope for some good drops, especially jewelry. Right now I'm wearing a level 65 LoN piece (with 5% Crit on it), a level 50ish Leoric's Signet (it still has 6% crit on it, that's why), and a 65ish Rakoff's Glass of Life (that one I could maybe replace with a yellow 70 amulet).

T4 anything just takes way too long right now.

Major bright spot: I took a risk and gambled belts at Kadala. Last one she dropped before I ran out of shards was Shame of Delsere. Yesssssss.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Ettin in the Playground

Currently at Level 66 Crusader. All I have left for Chapter 2 is to hit 70. All I have left for Chapter 3 is a couple Bosses (at level 70) and a Kanai's Cube extraction. Currently using Slash and Blessed Hammer as my primaries.

What are your favorite Crusader builds?
    I really enjoyed a Legacy of Nightmares Captain America (Blessed Shield) build.
    I had a fair bit of success with Icy-Veins's "Hammerdin" build.