New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 51 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Diablo III:3 Kanai Fix It?

Previous thread, if anyone cares.

So since there didn't seem to be anyone willing to start the new thread, and we didn't have any list of players or such, I figured I could go ahead and start it. So here it is.

Gamer Tags
    PC:
    PsyrenY#1247
    legoshrimp#1722
    Polytonic#1953 (Neftren) - Paragon 712, can carry full party through GR65+, or possibly 2-man GR70.
    Snowman#1764, Paragon 613, and I've got a bunch of 70s that can go as high as GRift 60ish.
    Vaz#2543; Crusader (Paragon 486), Grift Farm 45-50, Max 55ish (PC)
    Last edited by Erloas; 2016-04-01 at 09:02 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Diablo III:3 Kanai Fix It

I prefer just "Kanai Fix It" as well, so thanks for that

Are we compiling battletags/console IDs in the OP?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

I fixed it. That's what comes from having kids controlling the TV all the time.

Not much luck on my wife's character. She had 2 Aughild's Authority plans drop, as well as a legendary crusader shield plan. As well as Hallowed plan, but I don't actually remember if it is the 60 or 70 version, and I know she already had one version trained.
    I seemed to have a lot more legendary items drop.
    Barbarian is 59 now, got 7 levels yesterday, so I expect 70 to be done by the weekend. At that point I should be pretty well set because we have a lot of crafting things just waiting until I get to 70. Although I'll probably be short on forgotten souls to really do much. Since we have a lot of different sets though I should figure out which one(s) I want to start with. Probably have to take the old Barb on her account to craft some of them so they roll with useful skills/stats and then transfer them over (she has been luckier with the plans than I have).

We're already doing T1 with me at lower levels so I think we should be able to move up to t3 as soon as I hit 70 and get a few things crafted. Could probably do t2 now but might be pushing it some, it seems like the power changes in the patches have made a huge difference that we don't see.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Are we compiling battletags/console IDs in the OP?
    If you want to start listing them or there was some list I missed in the last thread, I would be happy to put them in the OP.
    Last edited by Erloas; 2016-02-25 at 01:55 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4

Scratch that, I should have said I prefer "Kanai Fix it?" Making it a question feels just a bit more punny

Battletag is PsyrenY#1247. When I get a PS4 later I'll update that too.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2016-02-25 at 02:38 PM.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

legoshrimp#1722
    Eww why would you play it on ps4?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Diablo III:3 Kanai Fix It?

Carrying over conversation from the last thread, the place you can get the most life on hit is far and away your weapon.

However, IIRC you usually also want a damage roll, main stat, % damage, and a socket. Weapon I believe also has a higher-than-usual cooldown reduction roll, plus class specific bonuses.

Of course, enter the Rama's gift to slightly ease up those weapon requirements and let you slot in LoH or CDR. Another thing diminishing the usability of any given weapon drop is that you can't roll LoH if it rolled Life Per Kill for secondaries.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Legoshrimp View Post
    legoshrimp#1722
    Probably so he can dodge on something other than an X-Bone. :P

So, still haven't done anything this season beyond log on, buy the first stash page, dump my season 4 mailbox into said stash page, salvage everything that didn't fit, and log off.

At some point, I will try to play long enough to get the second stash page; If I only create one season 5 character, which would have the easiest time doing so? (Last season I was DH who was one of the hardest to do the solo rift conquests etc as compared to faceroll barb/monk; no idea who is "OP" this season)
    Campaign Log (updated May 12, 2016)! http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...d-other-tales)

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    Carrying over conversation from the last thread, the place you can get the most life on hit is far and away your weapon.

However, IIRC you usually also want a damage roll, main stat, % damage, and a socket. Weapon I believe also has a higher-than-usual cooldown reduction roll, plus class specific bonuses.

Of course, enter the Rama's gift to slightly ease up those weapon requirements and let you slot in LoH or CDR. Another thing diminishing the usability of any given weapon drop is that you can't roll LoH if it rolled Life Per Kill for secondaries.
    You can get a bunch on an amulet too, but it's another case of "you don't have room".

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by Legoshrimp View Post
    Glad you asked

1) Curiosity (I've never played an isometric ARPG with a controller before - particularly one so historically mouse-driven as Diablo - and I'd like to feel for myself how they did.)
    2) Couch co-op with RL friends.
    3) Duping, while deplorable from a competitive standpoint, does mean that playing alone I'll be able to catch up to and even surpass my PC progress with far less time investment. I can also use it to farm gear for less-involved friends since console players can trade. There are some builds (e.g. LoNEvil with full Caldesann) that it would take me months to even try on PC, that I could potentially realize on console in a fraction of the time by amassing a stockpile of upgrade and reroll mats.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo164 View Post
    Probably so he can dodge on something other than an X-Bone. :P
    That's another thing, I heard consoles have some kind of unique dodge mechanic - how does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by turbo164 View Post
    So, still haven't done anything this season beyond log on, buy the first stash page, dump my season 4 mailbox into said stash page, salvage everything that didn't fit, and log off.

At some point, I will try to play long enough to get the second stash page; If I only create one season 5 character, which would have the easiest time doing so? (Last season I was DH who was one of the hardest to do the solo rift conquests etc as compared to faceroll barb/monk; no idea who is "OP" this season)
    Crusader would be the easiest by far - your Haedrig's Gift is Invokers, which is extremely powerful this season. You also get crazy high toughness on a thorns build because you have the Crusader's native 30% DR, a shield in your offhand on top of that, and vitality adds to your offense on top of that.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Glad you asked

1) Curiosity (I've never played an isometric ARPG with a controller before - particularly one so historically mouse-driven as Diablo - and I'd like to feel for myself how they did.)
    2) Couch co-op with RL friends.
    3) Duping, while deplorable from a competitive standpoint, does mean that playing alone I'll be able to catch up to and even surpass my PC progress with far less time investment. I can also use it to farm gear for less-involved friends since console players can trade. There are some builds (e.g. LoNEvil with full Caldesann) that it would take me months to even try on PC, that I could potentially realize on console in a fraction of the time by amassing a stockpile of upgrade and reroll mats.
    I guess playing with friends is a reason. Silly of course though

With the changes this season I have been able to get any build I wanted to pretty easily. Although this could be that I liked the starting build for DH and spent a while playing that, but I was able to get stuff for my wizard pretty quickly. I did have the advantage of a DH that can farm shards/mats really quickly though.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

For those who are Wizards, and have completed "The Thrill", what gear did you use to do it? Just the best ancient gear you could find in general? I'm thinking about giving it a shot, just not sure how well I'll do without a set bonus.

Edit: Well, even with about 1.8mil dps and Taeguk boosting that to about 2.5mil, I just do not have the "Oomph" to push through a GR45 >< Far, far to weak to attempt it, even wearing all ancient gear it just isn't happening right now, at least not with my current build ><
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2016-02-26 at 04:26 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

That's another thing, I heard consoles have some kind of unique dodge mechanic - how does that work?
    You move the right control stick and you roll in that direction.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Woot! Well, now I just need to figure out which of the conquests I'm going to be able to do, as I Just managed to get done the TX rift done in under 4 minutes :) Had the blood marsh layout and I was teleporting everywhere just firing into crowds indiscriminately whenever I saw yellow or blue.

The "The Thrill" conquest still seems to be the most likely, just not with a Disintegrate build I'm thinking.

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    The "The Thrill" conquest still seems to be the most likely, just not with a Disintegrate build I'm thinking.
    I posted the exact disintegrate build I used for this conquest in the last thread, let me dig it up for you.

EDIT - Here's the post:

WOOHOO! Got the "GR 45 without any set items" conquest at last!" Now I'm on the last page of the Season Journey before I get my stash tab and can tell Blizzard where they can shove their seasons

I'm definitely not looking forward to Avarice and Sprinter but since I have no chance at Years of War or Masters of the Universe, it looks like they're going to be my only chance. Better start leveling my Hoarder...

(For the curious, here's the build I used - I don't think I'll ever use it again so saving it here is as much for me as anyone else.)
    EDIT: And I just noticed I pulled it off while forgetting to reroll the Energy Twister damage on my boots and helm to meteor/disintegrate. Oh well.

Looking back at that post is quite funny considering how adamant I was about not doing the YoW and MotU conquests back then, a position which I've since reversed but it's there. Kadala is being extremely stingy about giving me a Shrukani's Triumph, which I feel is going to be damn near mandatory for the Jade dungeon. But I did finally get 6pc Helltooth, which I hear is easier, so I may just take a break and go knock that one out.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2016-02-26 at 02:06 PM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

15. - Top - End - #15
    Colossus in the Playground

Im having fun now with the bounty leveling path. Im so glad I got the expansion, it was so tiring running through the storyline over and over again whenever I wanted to level up something different.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

So apparently you unlock Master difficulty when you beat Diablo, but you don't unlock Torment until you have at least one character hit level 60.
    We had taken the kids through Diablo and moved up to Master but we decided, now that my barbarian has some levels and I can help, to bump it up to Torment but it said they couldn't enter. That shouldn't take too long but they tend to get bored and leave fairly quickly, and not being able to take them into higher difficulties makes leveling them that much slower.

Still trying to figure out which way to go with crafted sets when I hit 70.
    Options are
    Hallowed Protectors
    Sage's Journey
    Demon's Hide
    Aughild's Authority
    Born's Command

If I'm remembering correctly, the +250 Int from the Sage's Journey set is a lot more defense than the +100 resist from Hallowed Protectors. I also assuming a weapon or shield will be one of the first and easiest things to change out.
    Depending how the damage reduction from Aughild's is done, it could be really good or it could be pretty crap, I'm just not sure.
    Don't think I'm going to have enough Thorns to make much use out of Demon's Hide (and not having the cube probably not a viable option on console).
    Born's and Aughild don't mesh, but I could do Aughild's, Sage's, and Hallowed. That would probably be my strongest choice until I start getting class sets.

17. - Top - End - #17

Of that group, Aughild's is the strongest for the defensive and elite bonuses (at least, it is until you get Blackthorne's.) Back when people had to assemble sets much more painstakingly (i.e. with the crappy version of Kadala... i.e. yours), Aughild's would typically be used as filler pieces along with RRoG.

Sage's is nice if you're short on Breaths, but without the cube, you'll end up with excess breaths without it anyway just playing normally because you guys have nothing really worthwhile to spend them on.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

It seems a lot of informed D3 players are in this thread. I was an addict from last season but haven't had a chance to play or follow much this season.

Is anyone able to give a ballpark figure of how long it would take to unlock the achievements for the two sets of Season Wings?

I'm really interested in that but wonder if I should start if it's going to take a herculean effort to get them. I understand there's a bit less RNG with them giving us a full set for free almost.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Unity View Post
    It seems a lot of informed D3 players are in this thread. I was an addict from last season but haven't had a chance to play or follow much this season.

Is anyone able to give a ballpark figure of how long it would take to unlock the achievements for the two sets of Season Wings?

I'm really interested in that but wonder if I should start if it's going to take a herculean effort to get them. I understand there's a bit less RNG with them giving us a full set for free almost.
    Getting guardian this season for the pet, portraits, and stash tab has, summing up the playtime on my characters, taken me about 75 hours of play (Mainly on invoker crusader)- I don't know how that compares to others. It could probably be done faster with help- I played almost all of that in solo games.
    However, the Wings are not seasonal, to my knowledge- you just have to get all the set dungeons done.
    Last edited by Istarial; 2016-02-26 at 04:49 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Istarial View Post
    Getting guardian this season for the pet, portraits, and stash tab has, summing up the playtime on my characters, taken me about 75 hours of play (Mainly on invoker crusader)- I don't know how that compares to others.
    However, the Wings are not seasonal, to my knowledge- you just have to get all the set dungeons done.
    Perfect thanks. I plan on playing Crusader. Was very sad it wasn't competitive last season.

If the Wings aren't seasonal that would be a godsend. I only really care about those :)

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

For those who are Wizards, and have completed "The Thrill", what gear did you use to do it? Just the best ancient gear you could find in general? I'm thinking about giving it a shot, just not sure how well I'll do without a set bonus.

Edit: Well, even with about 1.8mil dps and Taeguk boosting that to about 2.5mil, I just do not have the "Oomph" to push through a GR45 >< Far, far to weak to attempt it, even wearing all ancient gear it just isn't happening right now, at least not with my current build ><
    A Twisted Sword and Ranslor's Folly (with Raging Storm rune on your energy twister) will boost your damage considerably if you're not already using them. A build like this (obviously swapping out the Frostburns (ignore those, haha)/LoN for other items, and the Etched Sigil in the cube for Deathwish) can handle GR45 easily, it just might take a little bit to get the right mob placement etc. to get it done.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Grrr. Me and Kadala are no longer on speaking terms after tonight >< 3 full inventories of pants gambled on, and literally not ONE legendary or set >< Very irritating.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Welp, just surpassed my nonseasonal Paragon level with my seasonal level. 591... it feels like it shouldn't have taken this small amount of time.

And for some reason, it feels like it's almost impossible for my crusader to actually assemble the Light set. I've spent over 6,000 blood shards just trying to get the helm and shoulders; I've already gotten 3 ancient Roland's helm/shoulders, and have completed every other set /except/ Light (except the Flail/Shield set).
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

So I've got another communal question for everyone! Actually two questions to be precise. First one: What is your highest level gem/how many do you have over 50? I have 5 at 55, Bane of Trapped/Powerful/Stricken, Taeguk and Toxin, and I leveled them all because they seem to be the most useful ones. Second question: Do you use the empowered rift feature? I do because there is literally no other use for gold besides using the mystic and unless you have some seriously bad luck you'll get the stat you want at it's highest level/near highest level long before it gets to terribly expensive. My buddy refuses to use it, citing the idea that you can just run more grifts so why waste the gold, despite the fact there's nothing else to use it on.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

So I've got another communal question for everyone! Actually two questions to be precise. First one: What is your highest level gem/how many do you have over 50? I have 5 at 55, Bane of Trapped/Powerful/Stricken, Taeguk and Toxin, and I leveled them all because they seem to be the most useful ones. Second question: Do you use the empowered rift feature? I do because there is literally no other use for gold besides using the mystic and unless you have some seriously bad luck you'll get the stat you want at it's highest level/near highest level long before it gets to terribly expensive. My buddy refuses to use it, citing the idea that you can just run more grifts so why waste the gold, despite the fact there's nothing else to use it on.
    I only have 3 at 55 at this point, a couple that are close to that as well.
    I think the next step for me is leveling gems to get more dex on items. Or playing my wizard more I am not sure which I am going to do. I got the stash tab and am not really planning on going for the icon so I might actually just be mostly done this season.

Also your buddy is objectively wrong. having a billion gold gives no benefit. I mean I have a billion gold, and tend not to use it to empower of I am going to be leveling a gem that is 20 levels lower then the grift. But at least I know that I should be doing it

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    Welp, just surpassed my nonseasonal Paragon level with my seasonal level. 591... it feels like it shouldn't have taken this small amount of time.
    Remember that our non-seasonal characters back in the day had far fewer avenues to gain experience. The highest torment was 6, there were no GRs, and even getting to 6 was a chore because class sets were fairly difficult to find and poorly balanced. Now we have 10 torment levels with massive XP bonus percentages, GRs can go even higher than that, and of course our seasonal characters were basically handed a class set as a participation trophy so we could dive back into that level of content much more quickly.

3 gems at 55 for the seasonal requirement. Off-season it's been so long that I forget. Yes, I empower rifts.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

I need to do a conquest. For some reason, I can't bring myself to work toward one. Guess I'm capping at champion again x.x

28. - Top - End - #28

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    I need to do a conquest. For some reason, I can't bring myself to work toward one. Guess I'm capping at champion again x.x
    The Thrill is a good one because it rewards experimentation. There are a wide variety of builds that can work - you can either pick one from online and work towards that with the gear you have, or devise your own.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Woot, just managed to go a little further in my soloing. 2 steps ahead actually, I went from completing GR61 to GR63 :) Going to try GR64, switched out my Toxin gem for Stricken, as it took me quite a while to take out the Rift Guardian and I feel that Stricken will help immensely in that regard(From what I've read, if the fight lasts longer then...45 seconds Stricken is the superior choice as you'll be doing double your original damage, and that's just from the first part of the gem. Second one of course gives you 25% damage against rift guardians, so I imagine as long as I can get the GR64 guardian to spawn I'll kill it substantially quicker then I did 63).

Bleh. Terrible set of spawns in GR64. Utter fail >< Might try again though. I was absolutely right about killing the boss MUCH faster though. Literally in a quarter of the time.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2016-02-29 at 03:38 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30

At long last, I got my hands on a Shukrani's Triumph mojo. Ancient too! Thanks Kadala, you cheating cow!
    With that elusive mojo in hand, I revisited the Jade Harvester dungeon and mastered it on my second attempt. I then donned Helltooth and Mara's, and promptly mastered that dungeon in two tries too.

If anyone's curious - the builds, gear and cube choices I used are in the links below.

Helltooth Mastery: http://www.d3planner.com/345576919
    Jade Harvester Mastery: http://www.d3planner.com/901627357

Now I'll move on to Zunimassa and Arachyr, then Tal Rasha, Vyr, and finally DMO and I'll be all set for the season at last.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy