New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1524
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Diablo III:3 Kanai Fix It?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    Here's a question: Do you gain XP while dead and waiting to resurrect?
    Yes and no. You will get completion XP while dead (e.g. if the bounty is "Kill Belial" and you keel over during the fight, but your companions valiantly carry the day, you'll get all the rewards and credit that they did when you come back to life.) But regular XP from killing bad guys, and in particular the more lucrative XP reward that comes from killstreaks, will be denied you.

Note that you CAN however gain XP while sitting in town. I'm not totally clear how this part works.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

2. - Top - End - #992
    Ettin in the Playground

My wife, after looking at the Conquests this season, wants to try the Speed Racer Route - Acts I-V in 60 minutes.

We are still a good ways off from this (we've both just finished Chapter 5 of the Season Journey (Slayer). I've got roughly 350 Paragons, while she's got about 180.

Update: We made it through Act I in about 30 minutes. I'm now pushing 400 paragons, while my better half has over 200.
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2017-04-21 at 04:07 PM.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

3. - Top - End - #993
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

What is the male wizard's name in Diablo III?

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ArlEammon View Post
    What is the male wizard's name in Diablo III?
    I'm pretty sure only one gender of a class is 'canon' enough for a name.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

5. - Top - End - #995
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    I'm pretty sure only one gender of a class is 'canon' enough for a name.
    Ah. . . moving on, what happened to the Souls of the Blood Raven, The Wanderer and The Summoner?

6. - Top - End - #996
    Barbarian in the Playground

My wife, after looking at the Conquests this season, wants to try the Speed Racer Route - Acts I-V in 60 minutes.

We are still a good ways off from this (we've both just finished Chapter 5 of the Season Journey (Slayer). I've got roughly 350 Paragons, while she's got about 180.

Update: We made it through Act I in about 30 minutes. I'm now pushing 400 paragons, while my better half has over 200.
    The Speed Run achievements require a bit of planning, as you usually have to leap frog between quests (one person doing the quest whilst the other moves ahead towards the next one). I'm not sure how easy it is to do with only 2 people either, but I suppose it should be possible.
    Last edited by Arcane_Snowman; 2017-04-23 at 06:48 PM.
    Fantastic avatar by Akrim.elf.

7. - Top - End - #997

You may want to either follow Icewraith's recommendation of getting help from a season journey completion group, or my suggestion of doing the easier conquest(s) that require more than one character and simply level a gem of ease to get your second one quickly.

Ah. . . moving on, what happened to the Souls of the Blood Raven, The Wanderer and The Summoner?
    No further mention of them, it seems they all came to bad ends.

There is little info on the D2 heroes as well, though the Sorceress (or rather, her soul) does play a bigger role in D3.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

8. - Top - End - #998
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

You may want to either follow Icewraith's recommendation of getting help from a season journey completion group, or my suggestion of doing the easier conquest(s) that require more than one character and simply level a gem of ease to get your second one quickly.

No further mention of them, it seems they all came to bad ends.

There is little info on the D2 heroes as well, though the Sorceress (or rather, her soul) does play a bigger role in D3.
    I thought she was one of the mage's teachers.

9. - Top - End - #999

I thought she was one of the mage's teachers.
    Yes, that's what I meant - she taught the D3 wizard, and then was assassinated. If the Wizard is the hero, she helps you unravel Malthael's protection.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ettin in the Playground

We talked about it, and what the various conquests are, and decided we'll shoot for the GR55 with 6 different sets (along with three gems to 65). I've already started caching Flawless Royal Emeralds and leveling Marauder gems (her favorite set). I've got Gems of Ease at 30, 5, and 5, and plan on getting more and leveling them all to rank 25 minimum. I've currently got all 4 crusader sets (though I've only really tailored Thorns of the Invoker and Seeker for the Light), as well a couple pieces I've picked up here and there for the Marauder set. Do you need to clear GR55 solo with each set? Or can it be a group effort?

I guess I need to start hanging on to those Demon Hunter legendaries I've been recycling. And clear out a stash tab to store them...

What's the easiest Demon Hunter set dungeon to master? She has fire immunity.
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2017-04-25 at 09:22 AM.
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

11. - Top - End - #1001

What's the easiest Demon Hunter set dungeon to master? She has fire immunity.
    Natalya's by far. Spin to win! (Literally.)
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ettin in the Playground

Hah! I just found the Horadric Hamburger (legendary dagger)! Is there anything in particular I can do with this?

I really love what they've done with Whimsydale (or is -shire the one that opens from Rainbow Goblins?). It is now a loot and gem paradise! No cosmic wings yet, though.

Haven't tried using my Staff of the Herder lately (non-seasonal), so I couldn't say how that compares (other than that you'll never find cosmic wings there...under current programming, anyway).

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyone else here get in the Necromancer Beta and want to play together?

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hah! I just found the Horadric Hamburger (legendary dagger)! Is there anything in particular I can do with this?

I really love what they've done with Whimsydale (or is -shire the one that opens from Rainbow Goblins?). It is now a loot and gem paradise! No cosmic wings yet, though.

Haven't tried using my Staff of the Herder lately (non-seasonal), so I couldn't say how that compares (other than that you'll never find cosmic wings there...under current programming, anyway).
    The rainbow goblin one is the winner. I think you're right and it's shire, the old being dale. I assume the old cow map is similarly lacking? Though I recently played the cow level that's opened with the bovine bardiche and it has great mob density.
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Banned

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    Sadly not, I don't have it, but please let me know how the Bone Armour set works. Sounds like the most fun, although maybe a little underpowered.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ettin in the Playground

I've just completed a GR60 solo, opening up Public Torment 13 games! Hello, high-level rifts! I'm using the Seeker of the light, with Provoke and Shield Glare as my Wrath generators. Now I need to hit GR70 solo....

Also, I need to try the other three Crusader sets at GR55...

So there's really nothing to be done with the Hamburger? Other than transmorg your daggers?

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Troll in the Playground

Got in. we could play together, yeah.

18. - Top - End - #1008

My boyfriend got in but not me

I'm over at his house today though so I'll be giving it a whirl later; he showed me all four of them. The two bone sets are ridiculous and the designs are amazing.

So there's really nothing to be done with the Hamburger? Other than transmorg your daggers?
    Not that I'm aware of.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ettin in the Playground

Not that I'm aware of.
    Huh. Okay.

In other news, I've got half of Years of War complete (Seeker, Invoker, and Akkan). And I have a complete Ancient set of Thorns of the Invoker. Everything is Ancient except for the Justice Lantern ring, Hack, and Vo'Toyias Spiker. And 3 legendary gems to rank 59. Six more ranks to go each.

Anyone have a good Legacy of Nightmares Blessed Shield build? Possibly with Phalanx?

20. - Top - End - #1010

Anyone have a good Legacy of Nightmares Blessed Shield build? Possibly with Phalanx?
    Possibly, how do you define "good?" T10? T13? GR70? GR80? GR90? Cream of the crop?

Also, since you mention Blessed Shield, funny story - for a brief while Blessed Shield was working with the Roland's set of all things. The combo allowed people to blanket the screen in ricocheted shields and it looked crazy fun. Everyone thought it was just a bug, but it turned out to be a legitimate test by Blizzard which sadly had to be hotfixed out.

The combo in action
    Blizzard's response
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd like a GR 80 or so. Although I think GR65 is the highest I've ever done Solo. Ever.

Bummer they can't make it work with Roland's without crashing (or at least severely slowing) the servers. I've had a lot of fun with an LoN Blessed Shield build a few seasons ago. Never got past about GR40, though.

I finally got a Ramaladni's Gift; now I just need a decent Ancient Legendary to use it on.

And would it kill Blizzard to always put a socket in Legendary/Set rings and amulets? They do it for set armor, pants, and helmets...

My Akkan's Bombardment build now has 180,000 thorns. It's kind of fun to charge around until my bombardment resets. But I think my Blessed Hammer build is still more powerful.

22. - Top - End - #1012

I couldn't find a great LoN BS build that also uses Phalanx I'm afraid, so I dropped that part. Here you go: https://www.d3planner.com/197939892

This build uses the fire shield and several fire-increasing items (Magefist, Cindercoat, Swampland's Waders - note that you'll need to find the latter on your Witch Doctor and reroll the main stat to Strength.) I use Leoric's crown because you can't use OROTZ (no room for it thanks to LoN + CoE, and even if you could fit it in, that flail that makes Blessed Shield free means it's no longer a spender, and therefore useless for proccing.) So you have to get your cooldowns the old-fashioned way, via gems and affixes.

Crusaders are a cooldown-heavy class in general; literally every skill they have except their primaries, secondaries, and Phalanx has a cooldown attached (and for Phalanx, even some of the runes there have cooldowns.) If however your gear rolls well on the cooldown front, feel free to drop the crown for Andariel's, getting even more fire damage, and feel free to drop the Gogok for a Bane of the Powerful/Stricken.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanks for looking into this. I really appreciate it! How do the Swampland Waders interact with the set? I'd probably swap Steed Charge and Iron Skin, so Steed Charge is on my mouse.

How does the Legacy of Nightmares work? If you've got 13 ancient items equipped, does it increase your damage 13 times (so you're doing 1400% base damage) or does each ancient item double your damage (so you're doing base damage x 213)?
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2017-05-03 at 07:50 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1014

Thanks for looking into this. I really appreciate it! How do the Swampland Waders interact with the set?
    They're the only pants that can roll with the elemental damage affix, so you want Fire ones. This will stack additively with your other sources (Cindercoat, Magefist, your bracer etc.) Unfortunately there aren't any pants with a more interesting/relevant legendary affix.

I'd probably swap Steed Charge and Iron Skin, so Steed Charge is on my mouse.
    On all my builds I put my "escape skill" on key 3 - muscle memory from playing so much Vyr wizard. (The archon form puts teleport there and you can't move it.)

How does the Legacy of Nightmares work? If you've got 13 ancient items equipped, does it increase your damage 13 times (so you're doing 1400% base damage) or does each ancient item double your damage (so you're doing base damage x 213)?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comm...of_nightmares/
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ettin in the Playground

Nice avatar, Psyren!

Just had a 74 million gold run in the Cow level! If only....

I've got 3 gems to 61, and 4 of the six GR55s cleared.

Anyone know what the maximum range of Disintegrate is? Just so I know if Power Hungry is at all worth it?
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2017-05-06 at 02:28 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1016

Anyone know what the maximum range of Disintegrate is? Just so I know if Power Hungry is at all worth it?
    What you should be asking is how far from your character 30 yds is. Disintegrate easily exceeds that.
    What you'll want though is a way to keep enemies at that distance as long as possible (snares and stuns).

I got to play the Necro and listened to the Dev chat about how they feel the class is going. Overall I'm pretty happy with the pet army set, it just needs a few complementary legendaries. The blood set though needs some work.

I'm a bit sad that none of the Necro sets will have a 7th piece, though that could one day change the way it did with Akkhan's. There is also currently no "LoN-lite" set for them that just gives a general damage buff that they can then use with a variety of spenders (e.g. Immortal King, Akkhans, Inna's) -the blood set comes closest to that, but since it forces you into abilities and runes that cost your health, there's less variety there.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I'm a bit sad that none of the Necro sets will have a 7th piece, though that could one day change the way it did with Akkhan's. There is also currently no "LoN-lite" set for them that just gives a general damage buff that they can then use with a variety of spenders (e.g. Immortal King, Akkhans, Inna's) -the blood set comes closest to that, but since it forces you into abilities and runes that cost your health, there's less variety there.
    The way the devs explained it in the Q&A, I felt, was quite good. Giving the Necro sets the potential to mix & match simply raises the amount of effort required to min-max the Hero. Heroes are balanced against each other, rather than individual sets or items, so all the double set build would result in is more grind for the same power level.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ettin in the Playground

What you should be asking is how far from your character 30 yds is. Disintegrate easily exceeds that.
    What you'll want though is a way to keep enemies at that distance as long as possible (snares and stuns).
    That would be nice. I've often wanted a range overlay I could turn on showing 5-yard increments out to 50 yards. Even if it was only "in town", just so I could get a better feel for how far away things are.

Just completed my first Conquest: 3 gems to 65! One more Conquest, and I will have my extra Stash tab! And I've cleared GR67 solo.

29. - Top - End - #1019

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    The way the devs explained it in the Q&A, I felt, was quite good. Giving the Necro sets the potential to mix & match simply raises the amount of effort required to min-max the Hero. Heroes are balanced against each other, rather than individual sets or items, so all the double set build would result in is more grind for the same power level.
    Why would it be more grind? Whether you're finding a pair of green boots for the set you have, or a pair of green boots for the secondary set you want to mix it with, it should take the same amount of time, no?

A 7pc set isn't just for combining greens though - it also enables more variety among single-set builds. For example, giving Akkhan a 7th piece (the amulet) gives players freedom to drop a piece elsewhere - e.g. dropping the helm for Warhelm of Kassar to shoot for a Phalanx/pet build.

That would be nice. I've often wanted a range overlay I could turn on showing 5-yard increments out to 50 yards. Even if it was only "in town", just so I could get a better feel for how far away things are.
    Do you have a Witch Doctor? Fire off "Big Bad Voodoo" - that circle is 20yds and easy to see. That can give you a rough estimate.

Or take a look at this diagram:

Spoiler
    Show
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Banned

Devil

Hard to believe that the Nephilim is ~6-7 yards tall.