New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Diablo III:3 Kanai Fix It?

Blarg, why did it have to start on the same weekend as Game Day? I'm sure I'll get to it eventually...
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

2. - Top - End - #272
    Colossus in the Playground

Heh, that was amusing, ran my first set of bounties and hit level 10. I MIGHT have been able to run it at a better difficulty level but I dont like to push it when starting out nude and with no skills to fight with. Still, a nice start. Lots of loot, nothing good, just blues but hey, better than greys amirite? I got SPANKED on a cursed chest "kill 100 enemies" challenge. I killed a whopping 25 in the time limit.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh yeah so how is barbarian, crusader, and monk this season?

If I end up playing I will probably choose one of those three. Currently leaning towards barb over crusader for no real reason. Leaning against monk since I have actually played monk some before.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Spamalot in the Playground

I've decided - my two seasonals will be DH and Monk this time around, in that order.

I've done some experimenting on my non-season DH and I've found a Marauder build I really like, thanks to the new version of Augustine's Panacea introduced this patch. This quiver alone makes Frost Arrow viable again, and then adding in Kridershot transofrms it into a generator - allowing EA and Spike Trap to trigger F+R and Wraps of Clarity. Adding Zoey's Secret to that gets my toughness to rather astronomical levels.

Between freezes, pets, traps, and turrets, very little can get near me - triggering both Steady Aim and Zei's for even more damage, plus chilling everything triggers Cull the Weak and BotT for more damage on top of that. The synergy is so beautiful it makes me tear up

Cleared out my non-season inbox finally so I'm ready to get started. Stash tab ahoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

5. - Top - End - #275
    Barbarian in the Playground

My DH has been using Marauders' to great effect with the Chakram. With Razor Disk, the turret cast range is virtually unlimited and you can just place your turrets down early on as the projectiles themselves don't really do that much damage, and then the spam begins.
    Fantastic avatar by Akrim.elf.

6. - Top - End - #276

My monk just got the perma sweeping winds legendary. Its nice not having to worry about it anymore. I swear the dungeons are designed to space mob packs JUST far enough apart to let timers drop. Though right now im annoyed. My computer keeps bogging down when I play the game. All of a sudden my window task manager starts showing diablo running at over a million k in the application window and I start LAGGING SO HARD. The worst part is it keeps screwing up my bounties because I have to shut it down to get rid of the lag which resets my bounty run. Makes me miss my rewards of legendary drops and whatnot from tyrael.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

7. - Top - End - #277

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Snowman View Post
    My DH has been using Marauders' to great effect with the Chakram. With Razor Disk, the turret cast range is virtually unlimited and you can just place your turrets down early on as the projectiles themselves don't really do that much damage, and then the spam begins.
    Funny you mention that, I just got that one quiver that turns Chakram into a generator. It's been useful in the Marauder's Set Dungeon but I'm still having trouble tripping over rockworms to keep me from mastering it, at least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    My monk just got the perma sweeping winds legendary. Its nice not having to worry about it anymore. I swear the dungeons are designed to space mob packs JUST far enough apart to let timers drop. Though right now im annoyed. My computer keeps bogging down when I play the game. All of a sudden my window task manager starts showing diablo running at over a million k in the application window and I start LAGGING SO HARD. The worst part is it keeps screwing up my bounties because I have to shut it down to get rid of the lag which resets my bounty run. Makes me miss my rewards of legendary drops and whatnot from tyrael.
    I was playing with someone yesterday who was having a similar issue - anytime a bounty took them to Desolate Sands, the game would start hogging resources tremendously and they'd have to TP blind or kill the application. I wonder if this patch broke something for some people's machines?
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

8. - Top - End - #278

Funny you mention that, I just got that one quiver that turns Chakram into a generator. It's been useful in the Marauder's Set Dungeon but I'm still having trouble tripping over rockworms to keep me from mastering it, at least for now.

I was playing with someone yesterday who was having a similar issue - anytime a bounty took them to Desolate Sands, the game would start hogging resources tremendously and they'd have to TP blind or kill the application. I wonder if this patch broke something for some people's machines?
    I dunno, its possible, but for me it was happening in act 3 or whatever the one before invading heaven. Also happened yesterday doing an act 1 clear. I was able to muscle through it due to the stuff I had for bounties, no big risks involved. This time though I was doing some of that ping pong teleporting thing where it gets so laggy your character bounces back and forth for some reason. As for the sweeping winds thing, yeah, for me its just some free passive dps that I no longer have to worry about. I will probably cube it once I loot something better just so I can keep the effect. Which reminds me, I still have to run that quest. Blurgh.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

The game-killing problem with the Desolate Sands tileset has been there since launch. The patch might have broken whatever fixes people have been using... I better start up D3 myself and check.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

10. - Top - End - #280

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I dunno, its possible, but for me it was happening in act 3 or whatever the one before invading heaven. Also happened yesterday doing an act 1 clear. I was able to muscle through it due to the stuff I had for bounties, no big risks involved. This time though I was doing some of that ping pong teleporting thing where it gets so laggy your character bounces back and forth for some reason. As for the sweeping winds thing, yeah, for me its just some free passive dps that I no longer have to worry about. I will probably cube it once I loot something better just so I can keep the effect. Which reminds me, I still have to run that quest. Blurgh.
    The 'official' name for that is rubber-banding. Usually it's a latency issue rather than a framerate issue though.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    The game-killing problem with the Desolate Sands tileset has been there since launch. The patch might have broken whatever fixes people have been using... I better start up D3 myself and check.
    It's the first I've heard of it, and I've been playing since shortly before RoS. I haven't been affected by it either on my old computer or this one.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

11. - Top - End - #281

It's the first I've heard of it, and I've been playing since shortly before RoS. I haven't been affected by it either on my old computer or this one.
    Yeah a couple of my friends have been completely unable to play in those zones since pretty much the get go.

12. - Top - End - #282

Griffon

So my first Ancient of the season is a Unity...in previous seasons, I got 0 or 1 Unities in the first four seasons, then three last season; hopefully I see a second one this time.

For the second season in a row, my first kill on Maltheal killed me at the same time, which completes the bounty...but respawns you outside of his chamber. Re-entering respawns him and deletes the chest

Also, the act 3 keywarden failed to drop the key 8 times in a row in torment 7...act 1 dropped 3 in a row, then I stopped bothering with him while spamming nothing but act 3. He did drop two legendaries at least.

My second Ancient is a Solanium (1h mace, crits have a 4% chance to drop a health globe). I'm running Zuni WD; what all skills can trigger that? Does each tick of Haunt/Locust count? Pet attacks? Piranhas?

Also got the [something] Hive offhand that gives Locust Swarm the spread-twice rune and 56% bonus damage. Fun to be able to combine that with Searing or the cloud-on-death rune. And the flavor text is hilarious
    Campaign Log (updated May 12, 2016)! http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...d-other-tales)

13. - Top - End - #283

Quote Originally Posted by turbo164 View Post
    So my first Ancient of the season is a Unity...in previous seasons, I got 0 or 1 Unities in the first four seasons, then three last season; hopefully I see a second one this time.
    When you have all the armor and offhand pieces you need for your build and any set dungeons you plan on running, sink your shards into gambling rings - they're moderately priced (50 shards a pop, cheaper than weapons and amulets) and not only do you have a chance at another Unity, you also have a chance at Puzzle Rings for Vault trips.

For the second season in a row, my first kill on Maltheal killed me at the same time, which completes the bounty...but respawns you outside of his chamber. Re-entering respawns him and deletes the chest
    Ouch. At least you're not hardcore! That would be an ignominious way for a nephalem to go out.

"I've done it! I've conquered Death itself!"
    *Your deeds of valor will be remembered*
    "...Wut"

Also, the act 3 keywarden failed to drop the key 8 times in a row in torment 7...act 1 dropped 3 in a row, then I stopped bothering with him while spamming nothing but act 3. He did drop two legendaries at least.
    The way I farm them is to go visit them during public bounty runs. Usually there's a bounty near them so diverting won't take up too much time from everyone else and that way you're getting something even if they are stingy. A good time to go check them is when the bonus bounty Act is all complete except one and someone else is finishing the last one, so you're free to go to any act you want and start making progress there. Nobody will watch where you go closely then

My second Ancient is a Solanium (1h mace, crits have a 4% chance to drop a health globe). I'm running Zuni WD; what all skills can trigger that? Does each tick of Haunt/Locust count? Pet attacks? Piranhas?
    Everything should trigger it, but you want a Starmetal Kukri to replace that asap (even a non-ancient one.) 100% Slam Dance uptime will beat out a random ancient's damage easily. Then consider something like Chiroptera in the cube depending on what spender you want. Here's the Zoonimassa build I plan on running.

Also got the [something] Hive offhand that gives Locust Swarm the spread-twice rune and 56% bonus damage. Fun to be able to combine that with Searing or the cloud-on-death rune. And the flavor text is hilarious
    Hive is godly on Jade builds. Not so sure how it works for Zuni though.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2016-05-02 at 10:04 AM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

14. - Top - End - #284

Griffon

When you have all the armor and offhand pieces you need for your build and any set dungeons you plan on running, sink your shards into gambling rings - they're moderately priced (50 shards a pop, cheaper than weapons and amulets) and not only do you have a chance at another Unity, you also have a chance at Puzzle Rings for Vault trips.
    Season 4 I gambled 7+ Puzzle Rings (6 after I started counting, after having gotten at least one previously), plus the 3-4 that dropped from monsters. 1 Unity, which dropped from trash in a Rift. This was the same DH that gambled 6 Marauder shoulders and 5 Profane Pauldrons before her first Unhallowed shoulder, and had two Ancient other-class set pieces drop (Sunwuko shoulder and Akkhan boots iirc?) before her first Yang's.

The way I farm them is to go visit them during public bounty runs. Usually there's a bounty near them so diverting won't take up too much time from everyone else and that way you're getting something even if they are stingy. A good time to go check them is when the bonus bounty Act is all complete except one and someone else is finishing the last one, so you're free to go to any act you want and start making progress there. Nobody will watch where you go closely then
    Yeah I'll have to binge bounties at some point, but I usually wait until my gear is in a better spot for splitfarming; trading your follower for the monster health/damage multiplayer bonus makes solo'ing rougher.

Everything should trigger it, but you want a Starmetal Kukri to replace that asap (even a non-ancient one.) 100% Slam Dance uptime will beat out a random ancient's damage easily. Then consider something like Chiroptera in the cube depending on what spender you want. Here's the Zoonimassa build I plan on running.
    Can't check that site at work, I'll look later. Of the builds I glanced at over the weekend, most were running the 10-stack Soul Harvest one, with SMK as an alternative (and Furnace cube being common). I don't think the Solanium is viable end-game, but as my first Ancient weapon I might be using it a while (like the Bonesaber Of NoOrangeText that got used for over 200 paragon levels in a previous season...) and was curious if it was worth trying to alter the build temporarily for it; globes are good support for multiplayer (Reaper's Wraps etc) and go well with the +10% intel WD passive; but if none of my spells actually "count" as crits*, then I'll keep using my non-ancient Exarion because the stats are better (and it replaced a Pig Sticker which replaced a Nutcracker which replaced a yellow iirc).

(*Since the Witch Doctor [and the other classes for that matter] has had a rocky history of behind-the-scenes mechanics, like the fact that at launch, Big Stinker got your armor and dodge but not your health; your crit chance but not your crit damage; and his aura got 100% of your chance to freeze-blind-chill-etc items...when legendary gems were first added, pets could proc Pain Enhancer but not most of the others, etc...for a while Haunt could "crit" but displayed white damage numbers instead of yellow...etc)

Hive is godly on Jade builds. Not so sure how it works for Zuni though.
    Yeah, again I definitely plan on replacing at some point, but it's fun for now. Mainly wanted to draw attention to the flavor text for people who hadn't read it yet ^_^
    Campaign Log (updated May 12, 2016)! http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...d-other-tales)

15. - Top - End - #285

Season 4 I gambled 7+ Puzzle Rings (6 after I started counting, after having gotten at least one previously), plus the 3-4 that dropped from monsters. 1 Unity, which dropped from trash in a Rift. This was the same DH that gambled 6 Marauder shoulders and 5 Profane Pauldrons before her first Unhallowed shoulder, and had two Ancient other-class set pieces drop (Sunwuko shoulder and Akkhan boots iirc?) before her first Yang's.
    You're in luck - Profane Pauldrons were removed

Yeah I'll have to binge bounties at some point, but I usually wait until my gear is in a better spot for splitfarming; trading your follower for the monster health/damage multiplayer bonus makes solo'ing rougher.
    My rule of thumb is to split bounty one torment level below what I can handle solo. And of course, once you can do GR55+, TX split bounties are a cinch.

Can't check that site at work, I'll look later. Of the builds I glanced at over the weekend, most were running the 10-stack Soul Harvest one, with SMK as an alternative (and Furnace cube being common). I don't think the Solanium is viable end-game, but as my first Ancient weapon I might be using it a while (like the Bonesaber Of NoOrangeText that got used for over 200 paragon levels in a previous season...) and was curious if it was worth trying to alter the build temporarily for it; globes are good support for multiplayer (Reaper's Wraps etc) and go well with the +10% intel WD passive; but if none of my spells actually "count" as crits*, then I'll keep using my non-ancient Exarion because the stats are better (and it replaced a Pig Sticker which replaced a Nutcracker which replaced a yellow iirc).

(*Since the Witch Doctor [and the other classes for that matter] has had a rocky history of behind-the-scenes mechanics, like the fact that at launch, Big Stinker got your armor and dodge but not your health; your crit chance but not your crit damage; and his aura got 100% of your chance to freeze-blind-chill-etc items...when legendary gems were first added, pets could proc Pain Enhancer but not most of the others, etc...for a while Haunt could "crit" but displayed white damage numbers instead of yellow...etc)
    Good point - it's possible the pets don't proc Solanium. But if that's so, that's even more reason to ditch it for a Starmetal Kukri asap.

Yeah, again I definitely plan on replacing at some point, but it's fun for now. Mainly wanted to draw attention to the flavor text for people who hadn't read it yet ^_^
    Ah - yes, Lyndon is funny as always.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Marauder's + Yang's Recurve + Dead Man's Legacy + cubed Bombardier's rucksack + Focus/Restraint +Warzechian Armguards +DR based on companion pets belt.

It's glorious. The screen's just covered in multishot arrows duplicated by up to five cold/slowing sentries.

I rolled an Ancient Hellfire Amulet, it has the Leech passive. At first I was disappointed, and then I thought about it for a bit. What it means is any weapon that drops already has a reasonable amount of Life per hit (and I get some use out of my life per kill on solo fights like RGs), so I'm usually free to reroll whatever I don't like into a socket and then roll the socket into something else when I get a weapon worth gifting. So, just about any weapon that drops is fairly viable to use now.

I'll probably go back to the cluster arrow build for higher GRs (haven't actually seen the crossbow for it yet though), but I've got a multishot setup that will clear a t45 gr solo in five or fewer minutes and it's only the first weekend of the season. And I did everything solo except for some split bounties for cube mats. Gems are even leveled to 25 (Zei's, Trapped, Powerful- haven't seen a Greed portal or a Puzzle Ring yet).

Regarding weird drops, I picked up a Chantodo's will and Ancient Arachyr Legs before my Yang's dropped.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ettin in the Playground

Any idea where any of the cosmetic drops come from yet? Any of them specific locations/farm or are they just random rare drops from everyone?

We're on GR55 right now and that seems to be about as far as we can go. We've went from dying several times each on the first run to not dying on the last, but we're not clearing it with a lot of extra time and several of the deaths were really unexpected, must have just missed some get-out-of-the-way effect that insta-gibs us. And it doesn't seem like defense has really changed as quickly as the sheet number does, I'm up around 75m defense and the insta-deaths are still around.

18. - Top - End - #288

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    Marauder's + Yang's Recurve + Dead Man's Legacy + cubed Bombardier's rucksack + Focus/Restraint +Warzechian Armguards +DR based on companion pets belt.

It's glorious. The screen's just covered in multishot arrows duplicated by up to five cold/slowing sentries.
    I love the arrow storm too but I hate recasting/replacing the damn sentries because my cooldown is abysmal at the moment. And with UE being the de facto "multishot set" I'm compelled to go another route with Marauders. Can't wait to get Kridershot and Augustine. (I do have a Manticore though, so that might be a useful stand-in.

I rolled an Ancient Hellfire Amulet, it has the Leech passive. At first I was disappointed, and then I thought about it for a bit. What it means is any weapon that drops already has a reasonable amount of Life per hit (and I get some use out of my life per kill on solo fights like RGs), so I'm usually free to reroll whatever I don't like into a socket and then roll the socket into something else when I get a weapon worth gifting. So, just about any weapon that drops is fairly viable to use now.
    Leech is used in very high GRs because without high life on hit, reflect mobs can kill you easily. Other than that

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    Any idea where any of the cosmetic drops come from yet? Any of them specific locations/farm or are they just random rare drops from everyone?

We're on GR55 right now and that seems to be about as far as we can go. We've went from dying several times each on the first run to not dying on the last, but we're not clearing it with a lot of extra time and several of the deaths were really unexpected, must have just missed some get-out-of-the-way effect that insta-gibs us. And it doesn't seem like defense has really changed as quickly as the sheet number does, I'm up around 75m defense and the insta-deaths are still around.
    I know it's a pain because you're on console, but your best bet for gear/skill selections is to try and copy what you can into D3Planner so we can take a look and give focused recommendations.

Once you pass 55 though, it generally (not always) means your build is fine so the limiting factor now is gear, particularly ancients, enchants and gems.

As for the cosmetics, there are a few guides out there. I'm going to look some up myself.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

19. - Top - End - #289

Out of curiosity, if you made a season character but change your mind before you get the gear set reward, can you erase it and start over? How about changing regions?

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

I love the arrow storm too but I hate recasting/replacing the damn sentries because my cooldown is abysmal at the moment. And with UE being the de facto "multishot set" I'm compelled to go another route with Marauders. Can't wait to get Kridershot and Augustine. (I do have a Manticore though, so that might be a useful stand-in.

Leech is used in very high GRs because without high life on hit, reflect mobs can kill you easily. Other than that

I know it's a pain because you're on console, but your best bet for gear/skill selections is to try and copy what you can into D3Planner so we can take a look and give focused recommendations.

Once you pass 55 though, it generally (not always) means your build is fine so the limiting factor now is gear, particularly ancients, enchants and gems.

As for the cosmetics, there are a few guides out there. I'm going to look some up myself.
    Good to know I got a usable passive on my Ancient Hellfire Amulet, then.

Is the charge accrual rate on sentries accelerated by CDR, or is it just one every 8 seconds?

In any case, aside from the start of a new rift level or an elite pack showing up, why do you need to drop more than 1 or 2? Or are you just moving much faster than me so the charges aren't keeping up? Or are you pushing GRs? The damage bonus from having 5 sentries is big enough that dropping one sentry + my own multishot + the shot from the last sentry I dropped is more than sufficient for the next screen of mobs, but I'm using the multishot build to speed up TX runs for keystones and GR 45 runs for gem leveling.

Edit: I think I have a Kridershot and Augustine, so I might check your build out.

Quadruple edit: Added @s
    @Traab
    Double Edit: If you havent gotten your Haedrig's gift in the mail, you can make another character. If you've already gotten your gift but haven't opened it... I dunno, you might be out of luck.

@Erloas
    Triple Edit: As you go up in content difficulty, IME the main thing that gets you into trouble is pieces that didn't roll vitality. Usually it seems like you want it everywhere except your gloves, rings, amulet, and weapon.
    Last edited by Icewraith; 2016-05-02 at 06:19 PM.

21. - Top - End - #291

Sentry Charges are governed by CDR.

For the Marauders I find it easiest to just drop all the turrets at the beginning so I can get the damage buff and start recharging, but with the CDR I had it would take a while before I got up to the 5 turrets. I moved on to UE because it takes less setup time when you're pushing GRs. Speaking of, I'm all of one conquest away from a new tab, anyone feel like organizing a speed run of either the campaign or boss takedowns? I really don't feel like trying for GR 75 as I'm just Ancient hunting to get to that point...
    Last edited by Arcane_Snowman; 2016-05-02 at 05:57 PM.

22. - Top - End - #292

Is the charge accrual rate on sentries accelerated by CDR, or is it just one every 8 seconds?
    CDR does affect it. In fact, the top DH support builds stack CDR (even going so far as to use Leoric's crown + diamond or OROTZ, or both) so they can keep dropping Guardian Turrets throughout the rift to keep their groups alive. Check the 4-player leaderboards and you should see it.

In any case, aside from the start of a new rift level or an elite pack showing up, why do you need to drop more than 1 or 2? Or are you just moving much faster than me so the charges aren't keeping up? Or are you pushing GRs? The damage bonus from having 5 sentries is big enough that dropping one sentry + my own multishot + the shot from the last sentry I dropped is more than sufficient for the next screen of mobs, but I'm using the multishot build to speed up TX runs for keystones and GR 45 runs for gem leveling.
    It's more a "keeping up with the Joneses" situation. I run a lot of public rifts, and as you can imagine those go very rapidly. As a result, the other classes who aren't dependent on unmoving fixtures for their dps end up performing better, and it feels like you're being carried despite being able to potentially outdamage all of them if all your turrets were in place. Not to mention, when the guardian shows up invariably 2-3 of my turrets are several screens back so I'm not able to surround the boss and vaporize it.

Compare to sets like UE or Natalya - all the damage strictly comes from you, so you never have that feeling of "oh, if only all my turrets were on this screen so I could feel more badass." UE in particular, since it makes your primary skills recover discipline, ends up making you insanely fast and you leave any Marauder players eating your dust in short order.

EDIT:

Double Edit: If you havent gotten your Haedrig's gift in the mail, you can make another character. If you've already gotten your gift but haven't opened it... I dunno, you might be out of luck.

Triple Edit: As you go up in content difficulty, IME the main thing that gets you into trouble is pieces that didn't roll vitality. Usually it seems like you want it everywhere except your gloves, rings, amulet, and weapon.
    Are these aimed at me?

For the Marauders I find it easiest to just drop all the turrets at the beginning so I can get the damage buff and start recharging, but with the CDR I had it would take a while before I got up to the 5 turrets. I moved on to UE because it takes less setup time when you're pushing GRs. Speaking of, I'm all of one conquest away from a new tab, anyone feel like organizing a speed run of either the campaign or boss takedowns? I really don't feel like trying for GR 75 as I'm just Ancient hunting to get to that point...
    Speed Demon and Boss Mode will probably be my two.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2016-05-02 at 06:07 PM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Haedrig's gift characters: Last season, it didn't matter what character you used when they were sent to your mailbox, or when you took the unopened gifts from the mailbox, only what character you were on when you opened the gifts.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    Haedrig's gift characters: Last season, it didn't matter what character you used when they were sent to your mailbox, or when you took the unopened gifts from the mailbox, only what character you were on when you opened the gifts.
    So you could take the gift out of the mail, put it in your stash, make a level one seasonal character, and use that character to open the gift? Would the gifts be level 70, just for the appropriate character?
    Last edited by Icewraith; 2016-05-02 at 07:04 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295

It's more a "keeping up with the Joneses" situation. I run a lot of public rifts, and as you can imagine those go very rapidly. As a result, the other classes who aren't dependent on unmoving fixtures for their dps end up performing better, and it feels like you're being carried despite being able to potentially outdamage all of them if all your turrets were in place. Not to mention, when the guardian shows up invariably 2-3 of my turrets are several screens back so I'm not able to surround the boss and vaporize it.
    That's actually why I used the Chakram: with both that and Cluster Arrow, the point of origin doesn't actually matter that much, as they have practically unlimited range provided you've got enemies (but not Sentries) on the screen. That being said, level transitions are a massive drop in your potential DPS especially when speed running because you once again have to set up all your turrets so you're ultimately not that much better off.

Speed Demon and Boss Mode will probably be my two.
    Cool, I'll add you and see if we can get something organized. Anyone else want in?

Speaking of Conquests, Curses! is actually a really easy one to do, the Cursed Chest in Path of the Damned spawns a massive amount of minions, I managed to do it way before I even reached GR 60.

26. - Top - End - #296

So you could take the gift out of the mail, put it in your stash, make a level one seasonal character, and use that character to open the gift? Would the gifts be level 70, just for the appropriate character?
    For obvious reasons, I've never tried opening the Gift on anyone except the intended recipient.

That's actually why I used the Chakram: with both that and Cluster Arrow, the point of origin doesn't actually matter that much, as they have practically unlimited range provided you've got enemies (but not Sentries) on the screen. That being said, level transitions are a massive drop in your potential DPS especially when speed running because you once again have to set up all your turrets so you're ultimately not that much better off.
    Oh, I definitely plan to use either Cluster Arrow or Elemental Arrow on my turrets. Unfortunately, all I've found so far are a Dead Man's and a Rucksack, so Multishot it is (for now at least.)

Cool, I'll add you and see if we can get something organized. Anyone else want in?
    Just know that I'm going a bit slower this season, I'm still playing with some of the other patch changes on my off-season toons. So it may take me a while before I get around to this.

Speaking of Conquests, Curses! is actually a really easy one to do, the Cursed Chest in Path of the Damned spawns a massive amount of minions, I managed to do it way before I even reached GR 60.
    Good info, thanks! If that's the case, Curses and Speed Demon seem to be decent solo options.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

27. - Top - End - #297

Neat, Just looted a soulsmasher. A nice 2h mace that does roughly 500% of my life on kill damage to everything in a 20 yard radius. Downside is I no longer benefit from life on kill, but thats not a big deal really. Considering im a monk and permanently surrounded anyways, this makes things much better.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

I was told last season I could stash it and be fine. I did not try it myself.

What I did do, personally: Earn gifts on demon hunter. Remove them from mailbox on Witch Doctor. Gained 3 levels as WD, then opened the gifts at 70. Items were level 70 Witch Doctor gear.

I don't know what happens if your level is under 70, though the prevailing theory is that those items can't drop below 70.

It *should* be that they're determined when opened, not removed from mailbox for character, but I have not personally tested it.

29. - Top - End - #299

Heh thanks for letting me know guys. See, the problem was simple. I started my monk on the europe server out of impatience, and didnt discover till my mid 40s that I wasnt allowed to boost my difficulty past hard until I beat act 4 with a character, and no, running a bounty on diablo didnt count. Luckily, hitting 60 unlocked everything up to mid torment so no big deal. Oh, and its very amusing that I replaced my soulsmasher already. I hit 60 and got a level 60 crafted legendary diabo that was like a 80% dps boost. Im also annoyed though because I really want to extract the sweeping winds effect from my legendary belt, seeing as its about 30 levels below me, but I havent gotten any death breaths yet. /grumble mumble. I REALLY dont want to do without it, but belts are starting to leave it way behind stat wise. Hell, even my sash of knives just dropped. Id like to use that for awhile. I wonder if my hundred fist attack will spawn a buttload of blades or not?

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

If you get your first Haedrig's gift at under 70, the pieces are level 70. Had a friend in that situation last season (we were 70, she was 68 or so, and we killed Kulle on Torment 2 with her in the group). Had forgotten she checked that.