New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Diablo III:3 Kanai Fix It?

Season is ending soon, if anyone cares and wasn't paying attention. (I think we're just short of the necro limit?)
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Barbarian in the Playground

How soon? I kinda let the game slip for a while, so now i am scrambling to get the extra stash tab. Would be nice knowing how much time i have.
    Last edited by Xiander; 2016-07-13 at 01:03 PM.

3. - Top - End - #393

Griffon

I haven't logged on in like a month, spent untold hours looking for the Cursed Peat, was 20 kills short when I finally did find it, lost all motivation to continue.
    Campaign Log (updated May 12, 2016)! http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...d-other-tales)

4. - Top - End - #394
    Spamalot in the Playground

I got my stash tab and then Overwatch became a thing. My poor DH is gathering cobwebs now.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

5. - Top - End - #395
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Xiander View Post
    How soon? I kinda let the game slip for a while, so now i am scrambling to get the extra stash tab. Would be nice knowing how much time i have.

July 22nd.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20167107

6. - Top - End - #396

Quote Originally Posted by Istarial View Post
    Well... I should probably hurry up then.. I don't know if i can manage that.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Colossus in the Playground

Im honestly just done with the game. Even the idea of playing as random classes to get an easy set of high level gear to play with isnt enough anymore. It sucks, but ah well.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

8. - Top - End - #398
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Im honestly just done with the game. Even the idea of playing as random classes to get an easy set of high level gear to play with isnt enough anymore. It sucks, but ah well.
    After searching for the last piece of the Might of the Earth set on my barb for nearly 20 hours to no avail, I feel the same way. Just too burnt out on the gameplay, I guess.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

9. - Top - End - #399

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    After searching for the last piece of the Might of the Earth set on my barb for nearly 20 hours to no avail, I feel the same way. Just too burnt out on the gameplay, I guess.
    The problem is there is not enough to DO. Take a fellow blizzard product, world of warcraft. I played that for YEARS longer than diablo 3, simply because they constantly added massive amounts of new content and there is so much old content it took a long time for the boredom to truly set in. Meanwhile diablo 3? Meh. One expansion, the seasonal thing which is nice, but even doing it with bounties its just not enough NEW stuff to stay interested. As you say, you find yourself spending 20 hours farming for a single specific drop just so you can practice the specific build it was created to run. While running the exact same content you spent all those hours farming to do it. Sure its briefly fun to suddenly be doing 800% more damage with your special attacks, in the same way that activating god mode in Doom was briefly fun so you could run around bfg blasting everything. But then it gets boring again because its still the same content.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

10. - Top - End - #400

It's no more repetitive than Diablo 2 was. (I'd argue, considerably less, since the bosses are changing up.) The difference is now there's so many other things to capture our attention and our adult selves have the resources to try them all. Perpetual games didn't matter when we were teenagers since we couldn't afford anything else.

I'll be back for the new patch when they add Torment XIII for sure, get that stash tab, and move on back to Overwatch/WoW.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

11. - Top - End - #401

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    It's no more repetitive than Diablo 2 was. (I'd argue, considerably less, since the bosses are changing up.) The difference is now there's so many other things to capture our attention and our adult selves have the resources to try them all. Perpetual games didn't matter when we were teenagers since we couldn't afford anything else.

I'll be back for the new patch when they add Torment XIII for sure, get that stash tab, and move on back to Overwatch/WoW.
    And I stopped playing diablo 2 far sooner than I did my mmorpgs. Look, I like the games, I will never say otherwise, and I dont regret a dollar spent on them, im just saying that I got tired of them faster than I do something with far more content.

12. - Top - End - #402

I hear you but I'm not sure there's a solution. The loot slot machine is the point of Diablo; if that ceases to be engaging, then yeah, moving on is pretty much the only option.

It's definitely not meant to stand up to an MMO, much less the MMO, in terms of longevity. The setting is two-dimensional, the lore is threadbare, the gameplay is one-note (you'll never be able to turn Diablo into an e-sport for instance, nor can we become auction kingpins anymore) and the community is paper-thin at best - there's no way for a whole clan to just hang out in game, and nowhere for them to go even if they did. Even roleplay is stunted - it's just not clear whether multiplayer is even canonically possible (are there multiple nephalem or only one?), nor where in the story we are, and what we're rifting for.

I think one thing they could do to breathe new life into it would be to revamp the auction house. Address all the exploits that were possible using it, and make it so that you don't absolutely need it to progress they way it was pre-RoS, but let those of us with more spare cash than time be able to get those rarest pieces, while the folks who do enjoy playing nonstop can get some kind of reward out of it. That would solve both the issues you brought up - if you want to try a specific build or even look, you don't need to spend hours/days farming every piece. People would actually be able to try out all those wacky LoN builds we were thinking of without playing the game 24/7.

And by taking a cut of the AH proceedings, they could (a) help solve the gold inflation problem that they had to introduce empowered rifts to help stop, and (b) help pay for future updates dev time to the game.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

13. - Top - End - #403

There isnt a solution, its just how the game genre works. Hell, if they release a diablo 4 im sure I will buy that one too. I will play it till long after I have gotten my money's worth, then move on to the next title. I wasnt actually complaining about the game, just explaining why I dont play it anymore.

14. - Top - End - #404

Okay, I have done everything i need, exept the second conquest... and I can't take any of the conquests solo. I did the lvl up your gems one for the first cenquest, and now I am stuck. I cannot break greater rift lvl 66, and I have only managed 250 kills on a cursed chest. The rest of the conquests are completely out of my reach.

15. - Top - End - #405

BardGuy

Are you using the blood marsh chest on the hilltop? That's by far the easiest one to do it on.

16. - Top - End - #406

Are you using the blood marsh chest on the hilltop? That's by far the easiest one to do it on.
    This is the one I did. Soloed on a UE DH - the build I used is a few pages back.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Actually, if people are looking for conquests, would anyone be down to do boss mode? I'm at 2/3 conquests and GR 73 was a bit of a slog, although I'm sure I can hit GR 75 if necessary.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

18. - Top - End - #408

Yeah, I just can't seem to gather the mobs around me enough. I am running an uliana build on my monk, killing the creatures isn't a problem, but I can't seem to get enough.

19. - Top - End - #409

BardGuy

I was using a monk as well, I ended up improvising something slightly odd, but the main aim and method was to just be able to cast cyclone strike just about constantly. So epiphany, inner storm, mystic and the passives for it, etc, as well as CDR legendaries and ones that boosted cyclone. The damage and such were based on also using the inna set given out with the season. Wasn't as well geared as it could have been, but got it 2nd try with the use of a pre-found shrine to help as well. Mostly a variant of the non-ep innas build from here: http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/monk-inn...ld-patch-2-4-1 , just with less survivability focus and more cyclone.
    Last edited by Istarial; 2016-07-18 at 05:53 PM.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ettin in the Playground

Question about Haedrig's Gift: will it always be level 70?
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

21. - Top - End - #411

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    Question about Haedrig's Gift: will it always be level 70?
    Well, you need a level 70 char to get it, but if opened on another character... hmm. I think those sets are level 70 only, but not sure, and a quick search didn't turn up any answers. I suspect it would always drop at 70 level stats, but I wouldn't risk it.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Troll in the Playground

The sets are definitely only level 70 (though they can roll with reduced level requirement).
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ettin in the Playground

I was wondering since apparently the next season will give them upon Act completion.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

24. - Top - End - #414
    Bugbear in the Playground

I don't think they are rewarding on act completion, but on season journey chapter completion.
    Last edited by Dada; 2016-07-24 at 05:46 AM.
    English is not my first language, but feel free to correct me.

Character sheets:
    Telim, Wilton, Aron and Eric

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

I recently bought Reaper of Souls (stopped playing because my friends that would've played with me got banned for botting in 2012).
    As such I finally brought my Monk up to level 70 and I am trying to farm a bit. Currently playing on Expert with him, but I finished a GR10 in ~9 minutes.
    I am at Paragon 19 and using the icy veins leveling build still since I don't know if I have the gear to even give the beginner 70 a chance.

Are there things I should focus on right now?
    Like doing bounties to get all the recipes for the Blacksmith and Gemcutter?
    How should I farm for Gems since Upgrading seems stupidly expensive right now?
    How many Stash tabs are "enough" since I am currently only using 2?
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

26. - Top - End - #416

Okay, if you just want to get to the endgame as quickly as possible, it should be easy to find someone to boost you up. Disregarding that option, and assuming you're actually interested in the journey of getting there, I'd recommend the following:

- Is your monk a seasonal character? If yes, you should focus on completing the season journey parts which will reward you Headrigs Gift (pieces of a full class set), since that will allow you to jump way ahead. I'm assuming you're not seasonal though, so getting the freebie-set is not really an option.

Priority 1 should be getting onto Torment 1, since this is where the class sets starts dropping, and you want to get your hands on those as quickly as possible. Do bounties for gold, crafting materials and recipes until you are able to handle Torment 1, using the gold to level up your blacksmith to max level and crafting level 70 rares and legendaries with the crafting materials. Make sure to reroll irrelevant attributes at the enchantress.

If you have any legendaries with good abilities but bad stats, you should make sure to run through the Ruins of Sescheron in act 3 to unlock Kanais Cube. This, along with some of the crafting materials from bounties, will allow you to extract legendary abilities and use them without having to equip the item.

Stay on the lookout for a puzzle ring. Transmuting that in Kanais cube will open a portal to The Vault, which will give you a huge one-time gold boost and the legendary gem "Boon of the Hoarder" which should solve your gold issues for good.

Once you start reaching your Blood Shard cap, gamble for armor pieces at Kadala since they are much cheaper than weapons and jewelry.

When you start collecting (or crafting) different sets, make sure to go back to grinding act 1 bounties to get a Ring of Royal Grandeur (and extract it to the cube since it generally rolls with bad stats). This will make it much easier to activate your set bonuses.

Imperial-level gems are "good enough" until you get the gold situation under control and can afford upgrading them. Once you get to that point, prioritize upgrading an emerald for your weapon and an amethyst or diamond for your helm.

You don't need to worry about stash tabs - you will be able to easily afford them all in time, so just upgrade whenever you need it for now.

Character sheets:

27. - Top - End - #417

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzman View Post
    I recently bought Reaper of Souls (stopped playing because my friends that would've played with me got banned for botting in 2012).
    As such I finally brought my Monk up to level 70 and I am trying to farm a bit. Currently playing on Expert with him, but I finished a GR10 in ~9 minutes.
    I am at Paragon 19 and using the icy veins leveling build still since I don't know if I have the gear to even give the beginner 70 a chance.

Are there things I should focus on right now?
    Like doing bounties to get all the recipes for the Blacksmith and Gemcutter?
    How should I farm for Gems since Upgrading seems stupidly expensive right now?
    How many Stash tabs are "enough" since I am currently only using 2?
    My 0.02$:
    Bounties aren't too much of an issue at the moment since you'll end up doing a lot of them later for the crafting materials, but you don't get many of those at lower difficulties- obviously if you get to a point where you have the gold and the gems but not the gem patterns, this might need review. Gems and the upgrading cost is an issue that takes care of itself after a while- just keep on top of upgrading as resources allow it. Stash tabs- you'll probably end up wanting all of them, for sure, but how many is enough for one character... probably three total- one for crafting stuff, and two for potentially interesting gear is the way it breaks down for me. I find the best direction as a fresh 70 is to focus on (non-greater) rifts, since those have good legendary drop chance, and that's where the big power increases come from that will get you up difficulty levels.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dada View Post
    Okay, if you just want to get to the endgame as quickly as possible, it should be easy to find someone to boost you up. Disregarding that option, and assuming you're actually interested in the journey of getting there, I'd recommend the following:

- Is your monk a seasonal character? If yes, you should focus on completing the season journey parts which will reward you Headrigs Gift (pieces of a full class set), since that will allow you to jump way ahead. I'm assuming you're not seasonal though, so getting the freebie-set is not really an option.

Priority 1 should be getting onto Torment 1, since this is where the class sets starts dropping, and you want to get your hands on those as quickly as possible. Do bounties for gold, crafting materials and recipes until you are able to handle Torment 1, using the gold to level up your blacksmith to max level and crafting level 70 rares and legendaries with the crafting materials. Make sure to reroll irrelevant attributes at the enchantress.

If you have any legendaries with good abilities but bad stats, you should make sure to run through the Ruins of Sescheron in act 3 to unlock Kanais Cube. This, along with some of the crafting materials from bounties, will allow you to extract legendary abilities and use them without having to equip the item.

Stay on the lookout for a puzzle ring. Transmuting that in Kanais cube will open a portal to The Vault, which will give you a huge one-time gold boost and the legendary gem "Boon of the Hoarder" which should solve your gold issues for good.

Once you start reaching your Blood Shard cap, gamble for armor pieces at Kadala since they are much cheaper than weapons and jewelry.

When you start collecting (or crafting) different sets, make sure to go back to grinding act 1 bounties to get a Ring of Royal Grandeur (and extract it to the cube since it generally rolls with bad stats). This will make it much easier to activate your set bonuses.

Imperial-level gems are "good enough" until you get the gold situation under control and can afford upgrading them. Once you get to that point, prioritize upgrading an emerald for your weapon and an amethyst or diamond for your helm.

You don't need to worry about stash tabs - you will be able to easily afford them all in time, so just upgrade whenever you need it for now.
    The road itself is what's interesting here... I'm just feeling a bit overwhelmed. Actually already got Kanai's cube, but my legendaries are not that good right now, if I recollect correctly I still have a level 45 legendary helmet since nothing better drops...
    For "faster leveling" I currently have a level 5 leorics crown (95% roll) with the biggest red gem I could afford.
    Bonus levels via puzzle ring... I got 2 Bovine Bardiches to unlock the "not-cow cow level" but sadly no puzzle ring.
    Should I try to go in for Master or directly try Torment I since GR10 should equal Torment I? And no the monk is non seasonal.
    I play together with my wife(Story on Normal) but due to exams I wanted to have a look at the endgame...

My 0.02$:
    Bounties aren't too much of an issue at the moment since you'll end up doing a lot of them later for the crafting materials, but you don't get many of those at lower difficulties- obviously if you get to a point where you have the gold and the gems but not the gem patterns, this might need review. Gems and the upgrading cost is an issue that takes care of itself after a while- just keep on top of upgrading as resources allow it. Stash tabs- you'll probably end up wanting all of them, for sure, but how many is enough for one character... probably three total- one for crafting stuff, and two for potentially interesting gear is the way it breaks down for me. I find the best direction as a fresh 70 is to focus on (non-greater) rifts, since those have good legendary drop chance, and that's where the big power increases come from that will get you up difficulty levels.
    ok, just farming more neph rifts... when should I try to get into the greater ones?
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

29. - Top - End - #419

Okay, first priority should be to get level 70 gear in all slots. If you are using a level 45 helm, you should upgrade to a level 70 yellow one crafted from the blacksmith, Then, consider whether it is worth putting your old legendary helmet in the cube to get usage out of it's legendary ability (if it has one).

I wouldn't recommend +experience in helmets past level 70, paragon levels don't nearly help you enough. Diamond for cooldown reduction and amethyst for +% life are the two standard choices in helms.

You should go directly to torment 1 as soon as you are able, since your biggest increases in power are going to come from completing parts of your class sets, and those only drop on torment and above. As soon as you can do torment without dying constantly or spending minutes killing each pack of mobs, you should do so.

Again, I'd focus on getting level 70 gear in each slot with the help of the blacksmith, then upgrading to legendary/set items in each slot as you do bounties and get recipes, hopefully getting a Ring of Royal Grandeur along the way. Once you've got legendaries in most slots, start doing rifts and greater rifts for getting legendary gems and levelling them up. Rifts are better for gold, and probably slightly better for drops, Greater Rifts are better for experience, blood shards and levelling your gems.

Character sheets:

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dada View Post
    Okay, first priority should be to get level 70 gear in all slots. If you are using a level 45 helm, you should upgrade to a level 70 yellow one crafted from the blacksmith, Then, consider whether it is worth putting your old legendary helmet in the cube to get usage out of it's legendary ability (if it has one).

I wouldn't recommend +experience in helmets past level 70, paragon levels don't nearly help you enough. Diamond for cooldown reduction and amethyst for +% life are the two standard choices in helms.

You should go directly to torment 1 as soon as you are able, since your biggest increases in power are going to come from completing parts of your class sets, and those only drop on torment and above. As soon as you can do torment without dying constantly or spending minutes killing each pack of mobs, you should do so.

Again, I'd focus on getting level 70 gear in each slot with the help of the blacksmith, then upgrading to legendary/set items in each slot as you do bounties and get recipes, hopefully getting a Ring of Royal Grandeur along the way. Once you've got legendaries in most slots, start doing rifts and greater rifts for getting legendary gems and levelling them up. Rifts are better for gold, and probably slightly better for drops, Greater Rifts are better for experience, blood shards and levelling your gems.
    Now running with Leorics Crown (70 version, 79% better bonus in head) but no gem in it. The item I thought of that were under 70 were boots (switched them 61 to Illusory Boots). Rolled 10 bracers from Kadala(?) but they were all worse than the bracers (47) I already have equipped. Pants, Rings and Amulet are Yellow, rest is Legendary (belt is ancient). Currently wearing Born Set-Chest due to it being a upgrade to what I had there before.

I ran all 5 Act Bounties in Torment 1 now and it was easy... except for some stupid mistakes... no set pieces or Ring of Royal Grandeur so far... got to Vault though, have all stashes now.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman