New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Diablo III:3 Kanai Fix It?

So just blew through all my deaths breaths on a bunch of rings... didn't get the Ancient Compass Rose I was hoping for, but I did pick up not one, but two new Unities, so I now have a cubed unity plus 2 in the bank for the first time ever. I also picked up a new Justice Lantern, so my current project is tossing as many forgotten souls into rerolling that as I can (because it seems to be fairly rare).

Oh, also managed to get my ancient gloves too, the str roll was disappointingly low, but otherwise great itemization and pretty happy with it all around.

Overall, good night on Diablo, and I didn't even spend that much time playing.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

We are looking at the PS4 option again, so...

Assuming anywhere here actually knows... the only difference between the PC version and the PS4/XOne is that the new consoles don't have seasons?
    What exactly do seasons add? It seems like there are specific challenges? Are those not available to normal characters or do they just unlock something special in seasons?

The other day my wife asked what her progress path forward was, since she had most of Tal Rasha set (all but helm I think, enough to get the meteors), and I don't think there is much left in this version.
    Other than getting pieces for Vyr's and Firebirds and mixing them in, maybe a few specific legendary items, and getting versions of said items with sockets, I don't think there is much more to do in our version. I'm also not sure that is actually going to take us much farther.

I picked up 3 pieces of Legacy of Raekor so far on the barbarian. Probably won't see a whole lot of power increase until I get the 5th, and I'll have to figure out where to switch in Furious Charge. I've got pretty great defense now, was like 500k at 69, then hit 70 and put my crafted sets on and it jumped up to around ~20M. I can pretty much survive everything now on T2 without a problem. But my damage is pretty anemic, some where around 300k (or was it 200k...?) so I can survive pretty much everything but not really killing anything. Goal right now is to whirlwind the enemies away from my wife and let her actually do the killing which works now but doesn't seem like my only option. But other than set items I'm not sure what else to do, everything has Str on it and I'm just not seeing a whole lot of places to really bump up my damage, a socket in my weapon will only go so far and I've tried a few legendary 2h and dual wield weapon options and my sheet damage changes very little.

Right now I'm using
    Cleave
    Whirlwind
    Leap
    Avalanche
    Battle Rage
    Wrath of the Berserker

Passives
    Unforgiving
    Juggernaut
    and others have changed a lot, tried Rampage (which seems to be gone for PC) but couldn't keep the stacks up

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

The "seasonal exclusives" are only available to seasonal characters in the PC version (until the season ends, and then they're released for all characters) are immediately available to all characters on console versions when they get patched into the game. So basically, seasons are a gate for introducing stuff to PC players that console players get by default.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Spamalot in the Playground

I just curbstomped the Arachyr set dungeon, it took me one try to master and I didn't even watch any videos first. Easiest set dungeon by far. Here's the build: http://www.d3planner.com/538371188. On to Zunimassa!

EDIT: Zunimassa was a little harder (I hate instant-fail conditions) but after a few tries I got it. You will want a high-damage setup for this one because killing the enemies quickly is paramount. I removed the gems already but here's what I used: http://www.d3planner.com/451766868

With that, I've mastered all the Witch Doctor set dungeons and gotten my class pennant it's a great feeling. Back to Wizard and I'll be one Conquest closer to ultimate victory!

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    The "seasonal exclusives" are only available to seasonal characters in the PC version (until the season ends, and then they're released for all characters) are immediately available to all characters on console versions when they get patched into the game. So basically, seasons are a gate for introducing stuff to PC players that console players get by default.
    This is now false, there are no longer any "season-exclusives." Starting with patch 2.4 (i.e. this one), all the legendaries, set items, set dungeons and other additions available to seasonal characters were released simultaneously to non-seasonal characters. The only thing now being gated behind Seasons is additional stash space, which console players won't need to worry about.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2016-02-29 at 02:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Me, to my Wife: "It's probably time for you start cubing wands, I never saw an Aether Walker on my wizard last season."

Wife: *Cube* *Cube* "So that was an Aether Walker I wanted? Now What?"

Me: *Groans inwardly* "Well since you're collecting Vyr's pieces and like Archon so much (she runs Fire Archon* instead of... Magic Weapon? on Firebird's), you should probably keep going until you get a Chantodo's or run out of Breaths. That and I had you make five wands."

Wife: *Cube* *Cube* "Alright, now what?" *Cube*

Granted, she'd been relatively skunked on drops that night, but still, it's ridiculous. In the meantime I've been running myself dry trying to get a Mask of Jeram and/or a second Carnevil to cube.

The current Zunimassa progression build drops the ring and helm set slots to run Carnevil, F+R, and Jeram in the Cube. However, running the ring and helm slots plus Nemesis Bracers and a Cubed Carnevil helm would give me room to run 2pc sages + cubed RoRG + Traveler's Amulet+ring, which also gives a damage boost while standing still.

Which is what you do when spamming darts.

Which pierce for a good screen and a half thanks to Dagger of Darts.

Should do pretty well, especially since my try out with the Angry Chicken speedfarming build alternated between giggling at the on-screen explosions and frustration at the severe squishiness (especially when the RG showed up), and that one can't run Sage's, either.

However, I can't actually do it until I either get a second Carnevil helm or a Mask of Jeram good enough that I'd be willing to cube the Carnevil.

* She says doing nothing but holding down Disintegrate makes her sleepy and is kind of boring. She likes killing everything on screen (and I find it difficult to cherry-pick elites using Zunimassa since not attacking means I stop producing free fetishes) so she's not really getting mileage out of the Firebird DoT and she hates the set dungeon. Those last two Vyr pieces and the Archon-boosting belt can't drop fast enough.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Question for those who play Wizards: Do you all use Aether Walker, either as your weapon or your cube power, and if not, how do you manage to do higher rifts in a reasonable amount of time? I've tried not using it in favor of "The Furnace" for the 50% elite damage, but it was so hard moving around with only 1 teleport(2 if using wormhole I think it is) that I actually cleared a fair amount of time slower, and in one instance of trying a GR63(I discovered I just can't do GR64 yet) I failed by amount a minute n a half and I have to think if I had been using Aether Walker I'd have succeeded.

Edit: Also, is it just me, or does the Kanai Cube not actually show all the powers you can extract? I mean, it obviously can't as I'm staring at a flail for a crusader that clearly has a power that can be extracted and yet it is not listed in the weapons section of cube powers.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2016-03-01 at 02:57 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

It only lists powers you can equip on the character you're using.

8. - Top - End - #38

Mastered 8 set dungeons, which means... WOOHOO! Stash tab GET! *does a happy dance*

Now Blizzard, feel free to take this season journey and shove it where the Arch don't shine. (Mostly kidding... I had fun with it overall.)

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    * She says doing nothing but holding down Disintegrate makes her sleepy and is kind of boring. She likes killing everything on screen (and I find it difficult to cherry-pick elites using Zunimassa since not attacking means I stop producing free fetishes) so she's not really getting mileage out of the Firebird DoT and she hates the set dungeon. Those last two Vyr pieces and the Archon-boosting belt can't drop fast enough.
    I feel your wife's pain - intensely disappointed with Firebirds. It looked so promising when I read up on it but in actual play, keeping that buff up is extremely irritating to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Question for those who play Wizards: Do you all use Aether Walker, either as your weapon or your cube power, and if not, how do you manage to do higher rifts in a reasonable amount of time? I've tried not using it in favor of "The Furnace" for the 50% elite damage, but it was so hard moving around with only 1 teleport(2 if using wormhole I think it is) that I actually cleared a fair amount of time slower, and in one instance of trying a GR63(I discovered I just can't do GR64 yet) I failed by amount a minute n a half and I have to think if I had been using Aether Walker I'd have succeeded.
    This depends - is the speed boost you're getting from Aether Walker likely to help more than whatever else you had in there? In the case of Furnace, you'd be getting to the elites faster and killing them more slowly. Only experimenting can tell you which one wins in the end,
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Is there a list of what items can be upgraded into what legendary/set items? Or can I just take any level 70 rare(say a helm) and use the cube recipe and have it turn into any of the helms? Need to get an ancient tals helm and an ancient tals source.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Is there a list of what items can be upgraded into what legendary/set items? Or can I just take any level 70 rare(say a helm) and use the cube recipe and have it turn into any of the helms? Need to get an ancient tals helm and an ancient tals source.
    The legendary/set item will be the same slot (and type, for weapons) as the rare that you upgraded, but other than that it's completely random.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Mastered 8 set dungeons, which means... WOOHOO! Stash tab GET! *does a happy dance*

Now Blizzard, feel free to take this season journey and shove it where the Arch don't shine. (Mostly kidding... I had fun with it overall.)

I feel your wife's pain - intensely disappointed with Firebirds. It looked so promising when I read up on it but in actual play, keeping that buff up is extremely irritating to do.

This depends - is the speed boost you're getting from Aether Walker likely to help more than whatever else you had in there? In the case of Furnace, you'd be getting to the elites faster and killing them more slowly. Only experimenting can tell you which one wins in the end,
    Is the Furnace additive like Depth Diggers or multiplicative like Bane of the Trapped?

There's another angle aside from getting to and killing elites. It's avoiding elites and hazards, avoiding a Vortex right after you teleport, skipping particularly troublesome packs, rounding up large packs of monsters, skipping small packs of monsters, and turning Teleport from a cooldown into a spender for Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac. Also it (should?) turns teleport (Calamity) into a mana spending attack for purposes of focus+restraint.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Banned

Devil

Any preliminary thoughts over the datamined patch for Season 6?

Biggest one for me is the limit on Wizards and Twisted sword only stacking 5 times. It seemed really cool when I was browsing for a new Seasons Character. it makes the Witch Doctor and/or Monk more interesting for me.
    Last edited by Vaz; 2016-03-05 at 08:25 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Any preliminary thoughts over the datamined patch for Season 6?

Biggest one for me is the limit on Wizards and Twisted sword only stacking 5 times. It seemed really cool when I was browsing for a new Seasons Character. it makes the Witch Doctor and/or Monk more interesting for me.
    link? I've not heard anything about it

14. - Top - End - #44
    Banned

Devil

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Ah. So, every set's getting buffed.

ways to get extra health globes are being taken out (good riddance, imho)

Barbarian's getting some power moved around

Firebirds dungeon is getting reworked to not be obnoxious

Actual Set Commentary, when I care about a set:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shenlong's Spirit
    going super saiyan for a larger spike of damage. nifty. Not sure I've ever used the set though.

Immortal King's Call
    Buffs to the six piece make me giggle.

Tal Rasha's Elements
    I don't know that "MOAR DAMAGE" was what was needed here; I think that keeping stacks longer would have been much more desireable

Zunimassa's Haunt
    Still trash because pets

The Shadow's Mantle
    Doesn't actually address the problem that the set has; namely that there are frankly no good AoE options. Like, more damage is good, but that just makes it even more feast/famine. Either you get a good rift and ROCK, or you suck.

Thorns of the Invoker
    Why would you buff Invoker?! Invoker is ridiculous.

Monkey King's Garb
    Double the damage, double your fun, especially since you leave clones everywhere, lol.

Delsere Magnum Opus
    Nice survivability buff. Still upset by the murder of Delrasha.

Unhallowed Essence
    Reinforcing the playstyle is mean :<

Uliana's Stratagem
    OMFGWTFBBQ. DAT DAMAGE.

Spirit of Arachys
    Survivability boost is nice.

This season I made a Crusader, a Witch Doctor, and a DH. Of those, my Crusader is the one I actually enjoy playing, so next season I'm probably gonna play a monk or a barb.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Buffing numbers doesn't fix the problems with Sunwuko's set. It's still clunky and has issues with keeping Sweeping Wind stacks. For the build I found, it uses Istvan's swords, which are damn impossible to find. I've spent at least 1500 death's breaths and surely 20,000 shards trying to get them. Just gonna say screw it and go to Kyoshiro's Soul and Vengeful Wind.

Multishot buff is insane. I didn't even think it needed it.

The Whirlwind buff is pretty pointless since the build doesn't use rend. Not sure what that's for.

The Shenlong buff seems to be trying to counteract the loss from two-piece raiment, but I'm not sure if it's worth going back to.

The increased duration on Iron Impact is nice for earthquake build. The only issue I have with the build is that Boulder Breaker seems way too necessary, because of its insane damage. Earthquake has a DoT effect, and the damage can be slow. There needs to be a way to make earthquake's damage a little more relevant.

I don't see any changes to Inna's. The issue I had with it was I felt incredibly squishy. Could not take any damage at all.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Colossus in the Playground

When does the next season start anyways? I had a lot of fun playing with my barb and his class set, id like to be able to do the same with another class. (I seriously have terrible luck on set drops, in that they dont.)
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

18. - Top - End - #48

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    When does the next season start anyways? I had a lot of fun playing with my barb and his class set, id like to be able to do the same with another class. (I seriously have terrible luck on set drops, in that they dont.)
    Hope it doesn't start too soon. I still need to finish one more conquest to get my stash tab, and I've been procrastinating a lot.

19. - Top - End - #49

dat Ulianas holy hell.

Looking forward to trying out the new Vyr and Raiment.

What I find particularly interesting are the sets that aren't in the data. While they may have been missed, it's also possible they're not being changed; so I guess Inna's, Jade, Marauder, Light, Akkhan, Firebirds (really?), and LoN are all fine?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

20. - Top - End - #50
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Hope it doesn't start too soon. I still need to finish one more conquest to get my stash tab, and I've been procrastinating a lot.
    I still haven't started mine :/

Reddit said mid-April.
    Campaign Log (updated May 12, 2016)! http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...d-other-tales)

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

So the PS4 should be delivered some time today.
    Other than the steps required to transfer the characters over and a long patch download, what is the first thing we should be looking at doing with all of the new patch content?
    Will crappy two-handed weapons we have saved be upgraded, or will only new ones that drop be the new stats? Will the cube just appear in our inventory or do we have to talk to someone/do a quest?

22. - Top - End - #52

Quote Originally Posted by turbo164 View Post
    I still haven't started mine :/

Reddit said mid-April.
    Oh, a month is plenty of time then. I'll start working on it in the next week or two, shouldn't take too long to farm a decent non-set thorns set for gr45.

23. - Top - End - #53

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    So the PS4 should be delivered some time today.
    Other than the steps required to transfer the characters over and a long patch download, what is the first thing we should be looking at doing with all of the new patch content?
    Will crappy two-handed weapons we have saved be upgraded, or will only new ones that drop be the new stats? Will the cube just appear in our inventory or do we have to talk to someone/do a quest?
    Your first step is getting Kanai's Cube. To do so (and figure out what to do with it), see this FAQ.

It's been a long time since 2.1 so I don't think your 2H weapons will be upgraded and you'll have to find new ones, but don't quote me on that. Note that bows and crossbows weren't upgraded (since quivers are a thing) so don't worry about replacing those.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2016-03-07 at 11:18 AM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

The weapons you currently have will most likely have the old stats.

There will be a ghost in town (I think it's Zoltun Kulle) that will tell you about the Cube. You'll need to explore the Ruins of Secheron (a new area in Act 3) to get it. And yes, getting the Cube should probably be the first thing you do.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

So items like Ramaladni's Gift, does that come from some place specific or just a random loot drop like everything else?

The legendary crafting materials, it says they come from caches in each act, do they also drop randomly in that act? And if so does that also include rifts done in the same act?

It also says the quest to unlock the cube is in Act 3, does that mean Act 3 in story mode or can it be done in adventure mode too?

And looking at the recipes, unless they really upped the rate of legendary drops it is going to be very slow to get all those forgotten souls, and I can see Death's Breath running out very quickly too.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

So items like Ramaladni's Gift, does that come from some place specific or just a random loot drop like everything else?
    Completely random.

The legendary crafting materials, it says they come from caches in each act, do they also drop randomly in that act? And if so does that also include rifts done in the same act?
    Only bounty caches. As a plus, there are more in the bonus caches for completing sets of bounties. The number you get will depend on the difficulty you're running.

It also says the quest to unlock the cube is in Act 3, does that mean Act 3 in story mode or can it be done in adventure mode too?
    I know that it can be done in adventure mode. I've never tried doing it in story.

And looking at the recipes, unless they really upped the rate of legendary drops it is going to be very slow to get all those forgotten souls, and I can see Death's Breath running out very quickly too.
    Higher drop rate for both legendaries and Death's Breath as you increase the difficulty. I think it's near 100% for DB from champions and elites once you get to T6-7.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57

Ruins of Secheron (where you find the cube) is adventure mode only.

For DBs don't forget the Sage's set to double your drops, and also T9-T10 have a good chance of doubling your DB drops from elites as well. (T10 I believe is guaranteed; if you can squeeze Sages into a T10 build you will get 3 DBs from every elite and extra DBs from goblins as well.)

The easiest way to make a T10-viable Sage's build is to use one of the 7-piece sets along with RRoG; the 7-piece sets are generally the ones that were around back in vanilla D3, like Inna's and Tal Rasha's. This will allow you to replace two pieces of that set with two pieces from Sage's, and still get the 6pc and 3pc bonuses respectively (5pc + 2pc + RRoG.) Go for a build that can kill on the move, like a strafe build with Natalya's or an Explosive Blast build with Tals, and just run the heck out of T10 rifts.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2016-03-07 at 03:36 PM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

I've got my account linked up, though I think I'm going to have to create a BN, XBL, and PSN account for my wife to get her transferred over too. I assume you can have multiple XBL accounts tied to a single XBL Gold subscription? Although I never got the Signet ring, I think maybe because we were always playing locally and it didn't check online.

I have a feeling we'll probably spend most of the evening just trying to get everything set up, updated, transferred, and going.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Banned

Devil

Are there any recommended damage levels for improving my scores?

I have currently really slowed down on gearing as I'm playing through the Campaign on my Seasons Crusader, but I'm playing T1, might do T2 trial tonight.

Paragon 68 currently, just got into Padaemonium, and provided I can get some time free tonight from the triplets, i'm going to be completing tge story and then can hopefully jump pack to Greater Rifts.

I am running a Limitless Blessed Hammer (Johannas Argument Cubed), Akarats Champion, Falling Sword, Provoke and Shield Glare along with Johanna's argument to just spam out a million Hammers with Cooldown reduced for each enemy hit by a resource spender, topped off with Reapers Wraps and a Health Globe drop improver but I'm lacking in Single Target Damage; particularly noticeable against Diablo, Adria, Urzael and I'm guessing Malthael when I get there.

I'm trying to get Gabriels Vambraces, and/or possibly Hammer Jammers.

I'm really enjoying it, but I really want to push to try and get that second stash tab this season, but I struggled with a Torment 4 attempt to kill the Siege Beast (and disconnected before i got to the beast).

And should I swap my Movement Speed Paragon (running Cubed Illusory Boots) for improved Strength?

I have 280K Damage and 8.5M toughness with 1.1M Recov. I do have 4 PC invokers, but it rolled very poorly.

Any advice other than 'loot more'?

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post

And should I swap my Movement Speed Paragon (running Cubed Illusory Boots) for improved Strength?

I have 280K Damage and 8.5M toughness with 1.1M Recov. I do have 4 PC invokers, but it rolled very poorly.

Any advice other than 'loot more'?
    Unless you just don't feel that you need the movement speed you should always max out your movement speed via paragon and never keep any on items. What you get via paragon levels is the cap, and that opens up a slot on boots that is far more useful then the 50 points in paragon levels.