New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Diablo III:3 Kanai Fix It?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    I don't suppose the Firebird's If-they're-burning-from-three-skills-they-burn-'til-they-die bit works on Bosses and Key Wardens...
    Yes, it works on everything, otherwise the set would be absolutely worthless.

I'm still miffed that they changed it, though. The set dungeon was hard enough without this crap of "three skills needed". Now I'll wager it's damn near impossible.

So I decided to level up a DH, because next to Wizard it's my favorite. Everything was going good until I sunk about 2000 blood shards into gambling pants and got Shadow's Coil 5 times.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

2. - Top - End - #692
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post

I'm still miffed that they changed it, though. The set dungeon was hard enough without this crap of "three skills needed". Now I'll wager it's damn near impossible.

So I decided to level up a DH, because next to Wizard it's my favorite. Everything was going good until I sunk about 2000 blood shards into gambling pants and got Shadow's Coil 5 times.

I should clarify that the burns to death part is actually quite slow once you get to higher difficulties, and stops once you're more than a few screens away.

The set dungeon is actually easier than it used to be, because they changed the stupid simultaneous burning requirement that was the real problem with it- it's burn OR kill now. Took me 2 tries to get mastery this season, as opposed to about 20 when I did it the first time. :)

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ogre in the Playground

Got Gem of Ease to 25, grabbed all needed gems now.

With that in an Ancient Weapon, Hellfire Ring (with Bane of the Powerful, rank 25) and Hellfire Amulet (Bane of the Trapped, rank 0) I finished the event. I had fun and was seriously surprised with Diablo. Managed to grab all achievments save for the kill all the random named monsters and leveled a second WD up to 66 with that. Nothing could stand long enough against my 6 Hellhounds, 3 Gargantuans and loads and loads of those small things... I should have probably gone with Enforcer for that but it worked.

The Set Dungeon for Jade Harvester is... damn unfair sometimes... I was missing 2 15 mob harvests and ran out of guys to kill.... on multiple occasions those snakes died due to enemies I finished before that and then boom my lovely dots spreading to them too....
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't suppose the Firebird's If-they're-burning-from-three-skills-they-burn-'til-they-die bit works on Bosses and Key Wardens...

Huh. I've discovered it works better if you actually set the runes you think are Fire to actually be Fire.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

5. - Top - End - #695
    Troll in the Playground

Huh. I've discovered it works better if you actually set the runes you think are Fire to actually be Fire.
    I actually run 4 different skills with fire damage (Sparkflint Familiar, Ignite Magic Weapon, Convergence Disintegrate, and Gale Force Energy Twister) to catch as many things on fire as possible. The Sparkflint makes it so you're pretty much guaranteed to light any elite or boss you encounter, since it follows the same path as Disintegrate. On top of that, MW and Sparkflint both grant +10% damage passively, so they help there too. This setup pretty much requires Ranslor's Folly and Etched Sigil, however; without those, I'd probably run Apocalypse Blizzard and Conflagrate Magic Missile.

I'll have to give the Set dungeon a try, if it's actually easier. I remember it being so number-crunchy compared to other set dungeons that I actually had to run it without 3 or 4 pieces of gear equipped.
    Morning Star

6. - Top - End - #696
    Ettin in the Playground

That's really fun! I love how Ranslor's Folly just drags everyone into your disintegrate beams! Much more effective than Apocalypse! I've got 5 pieces of Firebird with the source and pants from Tal Rasha for now. Fun calling down the occasional meteor. And I really need the ring half of the Endless Walk. Well, that, and a socket in the Traveler's Pledge...

Edit: Also using Ring of Royal Grandeur...

I just got an Ancient Mantle of Channeling ... set up for a Barbarian.
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2017-01-14 at 05:11 PM.
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

7. - Top - End - #697
    Pixie in the Playground

The group was also helpful with the T13 4 minute run. On our second or third try we got the Jail map and split up.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Ettin in the Playground

Gah. I cannot express how deeply I hate set dungeons. Seriously? I have to fake-die on people? I specifically attempt to not fake die, because that makes me closer to really dying. And yes, I can't really die in a set dungeon, but still... Urg.

Someone else want to play my character through the set dungeons?

Okay, I passed the Firebird set dungeon, and missed Mastering it by about 2 seconds. And missed failing it by about 3 (fake-died twice, and down to 20%-ish health). So Slayer is done.

Edit: You don't particularly want a socket in your shield or source, do you? There are secondary properties I'd love to replace with a gem, but sockets take up primaries, and those are generally better than +280 Intelligence, right?
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2017-01-15 at 10:22 AM.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

Gah. I cannot express how deeply I hate set dungeons. Seriously? I have to fake-die on people? I specifically attempt to not fake die, because that makes me closer to really dying. And yes, I can't really die in a set dungeon, but still... Urg.

Someone else want to play my character through the set dungeons?

Okay, I passed the Firebird set dungeon, and missed Mastering it by about 2 seconds. And missed failing it by about 3 (fake-died twice, and down to 20%-ish health). So Slayer is done.

Edit: You don't particularly want a socket in your shield or source, do you? There are secondary properties I'd love to replace with a gem, but sockets take up primaries, and those are generally better than +280 Intelligence, right?
    Oh, yeah, it's annoying. And the fact that this is, no kidding, a big improvement on the original firebirds dungeon should say a lot about that one...

10. - Top - End - #700
    Ogre in the Playground

After D3 crashing tonight (for the first time) I rejoined another bounties T7 game and was kicked, after I just went to the smith to salvage/repair my stuff then teleported into another act... some people just don't have any patience.

Got some Rings, finally went into the Vault and managed to get a flawless royal emerald, topaz and might have enough resources to get an amethyst that high too.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

11. - Top - End - #701
    Spamalot in the Playground

Since I beat the season already, I made a hardcore seasonal character today just for the hell of it. I learned the following:

- The Season Journey is shared between HC and SC, so my brand new level 1 character is on the Guardian chapter.
    - All the bonus stash tabs I unlocked in SC are available to HC characters too!

Quote Originally Posted by Istarial View Post
    Oh, yeah, it's annoying. And the fact that this is, no kidding, a big improvement on the original firebirds dungeon should say a lot about that one...
    I still wear mastering the original Firebirds dungeon as a badge of honor There should really have been a Feat of Strength for that crap!

I just got an Ancient Mantle of Channeling ... set up for a Barbarian.
    You can always reroll the mainstat
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

12. - Top - End - #702
    Titan in the Playground

I've never had much of a problem with the whole 'three skills' thing. Disintegrate, channeling which procs Blizzard (Armegeddon) because cubed, and Firewalker Treads for line of fire out behind me. Oh, and Sparkflint. I may have to try playing around with the fire tornadoes, they actually sound pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ettin in the Playground

When I switched from Blizzard Apocalypse to Derjuin's Twister build, I jumped from Torment 4 to Torment 7. I can barely handle Torment 8, but I tend to trigger both of my Escape Death options, which starts making me very nervous. And that's with the Twisted Sword boosting my twister damage.

I'm still looking for the ring half of Endless Walk, and I burnt 20+ Imperial Topazes trying to get a Socket in the amulet half, to no avail.

I now have Chantodo's Force and Will, so I may need to switch to the Archon version of Firebird if I'm going to advance. But I really don't want to.

I also have 2 Orbs of Infinite Depth, but no Wand of Woh. What's the best way to get a Legendary wand? Upgrade from Rare at the Cube?
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2017-01-16 at 07:49 PM.

14. - Top - End - #704

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzman View Post
    Got some Rings, finally went into the Vault and managed to get a flawless royal emerald, topaz and might have enough resources to get an amethyst that high too.
    Were all of those on the same character? Because you should either be gemming for your mainstat (e.g. Topaz for wizard and Emerald for demon hunter) or gemming for toughness, but there isn't usually a reason to mix.

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    I may have to try playing around with the fire tornadoes, they actually sound pretty cool.
    In addition to doing a ton of damage (both natively and multiplied by Twisted Sword), they also boost the damage your other fire skills inflict. Ranslor's is great at creating density, though Black Hole works too if you'd rather wear a defensive bracer.

I now have Chantodo's Force and Will, so I may need to switch to the Archon version of Firebird if I'm going to advance. But I really don't want to.
    Out of curiosity, why not?

I also have 2 Orbs of Infinite Depth, but no Wand of Woh. What's the best way to get a Legendary wand? Upgrade from Rare at the Cube?
    Yes - just keep in mind that Woh is one of the rarest legendaries in the game, so try to amass a stockpile of breaths first if you can do so safely because it may take you a few tries. (I like to have around 300-500 before I start cubing anything.)
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

15. - Top - End - #705
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Yes - just keep in mind that Woh is one of the rarest legendaries in the game, so try to amass a stockpile of breaths first if you can do so safely because it may take you a few tries. (I like to have around 300-500 before I start cubing anything.)
    Sadly, I've found the Wand of Woh 3 times... and each time, it was while leveling my wizard. Never once seen it at 70, though.

I currently do around GR42/T9 with my firebird's build, but I'm thinking of trying either a Tal Rasha or Delsere's disintegrate build instead, since their damage increase is much easier to control (both come with the upside of being able to use the energy twister rune that merges twisters). Also building up my DH for UE, though I'm having horrible luck finding Ramalamadingdong boxes for her Yang bow and actual UE pieces. :\ I've found the entire shadow set about 6 times over now, and only 3 pieces of UE.
    Morning Star

16. - Top - End - #706

Sadly, I've found the Wand of Woh 3 times... and each time, it was while leveling my wizard. Never once seen it at 70, though.

I currently do around GR42/T9 with my firebird's build, but I'm thinking of trying either a Tal Rasha or Delsere's disintegrate build instead, since their damage increase is much easier to control (both come with the upside of being able to use the energy twister rune that merges twisters). Also building up my DH for UE, though I'm having horrible luck finding Ramalamadingdong boxes for her Yang bow and actual UE pieces. :\ I've found the entire shadow set about 6 times over now, and only 3 pieces of UE.
    I know the feeling - I found zero, that's right, zero Gifts this season I got all the challenges done without using ancient weapons (needed help from a good samaritan on the Skeleton King in 30s one) - but still, very annoying.

...wait, "Delsere's Disintegrate?" Do you mean to tell me that Etched Sigil twisters work with the Delsere set?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

17. - Top - End - #707
    Titan in the Playground

I know the feeling - I found zero, that's right, zero Gifts this season I got all the challenges done without using ancient weapons (needed help from a good samaritan on the Skeleton King in 30s one) - but still, very annoying.

...wait, "Delsere's Disintegrate?" Do you mean to tell me that Etched Sigil twisters work with the Delsere set?
    Orbs are energy spenders, so you could have those pop out while wearing Delsere. Drop down the Slow Time for the damage multiplication.

Honestly, though, if I was going to do that, I'd have Light of Grace and go with an ice build. Go with Frost ray (now with piercing thanks to the orb), with actual Blizzard and Freezing Orb as spender that auto-proc while channeling... call it the 'Elsa' build. Massive crowd control potential, but I don't know about damage output.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

18. - Top - End - #708
    Troll in the Playground

Sort of but not really - they get the damage boost from Slow Time, but they don't count as being cast, so you have to cast some of your own to reduce the cooldown of Slow Time. The only reason I'd use etched sigil + disintegrate is because I'm lazy and the damage boost from deathwish/mantle of channeling/twisted sword/slow time all stack. You could easily just use ETwister instead with Ranslor's/twisted sword and the rune to make them merge, and use a generator; though I believe overall, unstable scepter + triumvirate is better.
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2017-01-17 at 05:06 AM.
    Morning Star

19. - Top - End - #709

I tweaked my own Firebirds build and it is performing much better. It actually has 4 sources of ignition, but since two of them (Blazar and Ignite) have less than 100% uptime, it works out. Nothing on TX could even hurt me and they died in seconds, so I'm going to bump it up to TXIII and see how far I can push it. I'm getting the hang of the elite-hunting/assassination playstyle too.

Sort of but not really - they get the damage boost from Slow Time, but they don't count as being cast, so you have to cast some of your own to reduce the cooldown of Slow Time. The only reason I'd use etched sigil + disintegrate is because I'm lazy and the damage boost from deathwish/mantle of channeling/twisted sword/slow time all stack. You could easily just use ETwister instead with Ranslor's/twisted sword and the rune to make them merge, and use a generator; though I believe overall, unstable scepter + triumvirate is better.
    I knew they wouldn't count for the cooldown reduction, but I wasn't aware they still counted for the damage boost. I have a couple of ancient Gesture of Orpheus that could help with the cooldown situation...

Scepter/Triumvirate is indeed hard to beat but a non-fire channeling build would be fun to try too.

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Honestly, though, if I was going to do that, I'd have Light of Grace and go with an ice build. Go with Frost ray (now with piercing thanks to the orb), with actual Blizzard and Freezing Orb as spender that auto-proc while channeling... call it the 'Elsa' build. Massive crowd control potential, but I don't know about damage output.
    Well... it's a cute idea but I'd personally be hard-pressed to see how it beats Triumvirate. Worse, needing to hardcast orbs (even just occasionally) for your Slow Times means you can't use Aquila Cuirass either, which is just such a great addition to Firebirds.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

20. - Top - End - #710
    Ettin in the Playground

I just picked up Aquila's Cuirass. Have to drop my two-piece Tal Rasha to use it, but my toughness could definitely use a boost! Actually, I could swap out my Traveler's Pledge for the Tal Rasha amulet until I find The Compass Rose.
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2017-01-17 at 11:20 AM.

21. - Top - End - #711
    Ogre in the Playground

Found two and can't use them right now since I have an Ancient Corrupted Ashbringer equipped and still no Harvester Knife thingie...

Were all of those on the same character? Because you should either be gemming for your mainstat (e.g. Topaz for wizard and Emerald for demon hunter) or gemming for toughness, but there isn't usually a reason to mix.
    Yes. For my WD. Amethyst in the Headslot, Emerald in the Weapon Slot, Topaz for everything else. I need far more Topazes...

I would love for some sort of Petbuild to run... but I only got 2 pieces of Helltooth, a few of Arachyr and nearly complete Zunimassa... I just have no clue if I even should switch from Jade Harvester....
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

22. - Top - End - #712

I just picked up Aquila's Cuirass. Have to drop my two-piece Tal Rasha to use it, but my toughness could definitely use a boost! Actually, I could swap out my Traveler's Pledge for the Tal Rasha amulet until I find The Compass Rose.
    I wouldn't worry about it - FireRasha is mostly dead in the water anyway because fitting in 3 fire skills alongside the other three elements needed is such a pain. Stick with Aquila and EW.

Yes. For my WD. Amethyst in the Headslot, Emerald in the Weapon Slot, Topaz for everything else. I need far more Topazes...
    Ah right, it was a single emerald for the weapon. My bad!

I would love for some sort of Petbuild to run... but I only got 2 pieces of Helltooth, a few of Arachyr and nearly complete Zunimassa... I just have no clue if I even should switch from Jade Harvester....
    Pet AI is unfortunately borked (particularly for the Gargantuan). Further, getting the dogs and gargantuan to peak effectiveness takes a lot of skill and passive slots. The best pet build right now is Carnevil Fetishes, which will have you hanging back and spraying volleys of darts at your foes with a ton of powerful multipliers.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

No relevant Ancients (especially no weapons despite reforges) for Wave of Light Sunwuko (wait... I have some crappy Ancient set pants), just got my first Gift, paragon ~550. I have, however, come up with three Ancient LoN rings (two of one, one of the other), and I should probably try out Uliana at some point, because my goodness I am getting a lot of Uliana ancients- three helms, both weapons, and the belt for starters.

Icy-Veins recommends wearing Crystal Fist and Kyoshiro's Blade and cubing the Censer- I get that you want the extra DR from the Crystal Fist on the difficulties I'm now approaching- starting to feel a bit fragile at GR 68 wearing the Censer and cubing Kyoshiro's Blade.

But it seems like the Censer should work a lot better than dual wielding fist weapons? You've got the slower attack speed and larger two-handed damage hits, so you burn Spirit at a slower rate and it's harder to blow through all your Sweeping Wind stacks before the belt refreshes them. Plus the censer has an extra +25-30% WoL damage on it- nothing like the huge chunk on Tzo Krin, but AFAIK it still applies before all the other multiplications, so it should be a nice damage boost. Maybe the extra +130% crit damage just outweighs all that once you have enough crit, or you just end up needing the DR from Crystal Fist. For farming I think the Censer is probably superior.

Also.... anyone know of any good Monk Lightning damage builds that use the Hellfire Amulet? I crafted one for the season achievement and I got... an Ancient. With 98% crit damage. And 20% Lightning damage. And the Cheat Death passive. I was thinking maybe a Shenlong/Raiment build, but it seems like those are usually fire-based on Crippling Wave. If I can find a build I like and will use I'll happily Caldensann's that Amulet, but I don't want to use it on my crappy Sunwuko pants. I could also Caldensann the best LoN ring I got, but I'd kind of like to Caldensann something for the build I'm using (Sunwuko WoL seems super fast and efficient).
    Last edited by Icewraith; 2017-01-17 at 05:31 PM.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Ettin in the Playground

I wouldn't worry about it - FireRasha is mostly dead in the water anyway because fitting in 3 fire skills alongside the other three elements needed is such a pain. Stick with Aquila and EW.
    Oh, I know. I used to get ice meteors, because I was using the dagger that freezes opponents below 15-20% health, and it did cold damage, and still get the occasional arcane one from the Moonlight Ward? amulet I cubed (gain 4 orbs on hit that rotate around you and explode on contact). Plus the fire ones, of course. Twisted Sword is fire-damage, so I've lost the cold meteors. And I really try to avoid letting folks get close enough to trigger the arcane ones. So now I'm really only getting one fire meteor every 8 seconds. But still better than having half of Endless Walk. I'll cube my RoRG, drop Tal Rasha completely, and wear a 6th piece of Firebird as soon as I find the rest.

I really have just never liked playing Archon. The constant worry of getting enough boosts from Chantodo, and then feeling like I have to rush! Rush!! RUSH!!! when I finally get Archon, and then struggling to survive until I can use it again. It's just not fun to me. I'm sure many players love it. Just not me.
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2017-01-17 at 04:04 PM.

25. - Top - End - #715

I really have just never liked playing Archon. The constant worry of getting enough boosts from Chantodo, and then feeling like I have to rush! Rush!! RUSH!!! when I finally get Archon, and then struggling to survive until I can use it again. It's just not fun to me. I'm sure many players love it. Just not me.
    That's fair, and I can't imagine playing it in hardcore either. Things will either be challenging but manageable out of Archon, which makes your "Super Saiyan" form trivialize the content and stop being fun - or, things will be challenging in Archon form, which means they're a nightmare while you're out of it and you end up chewing through your nails every time the buff is about to run out / for the interminable seconds until it is ready again. So I agree, I can see a lot of downsides to Archon.

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    No relevant Ancients (especially no weapons despite reforges) for Wave of Light Sunwuko (wait... I have some crappy Ancient set pants), just got my first Gift, paragon ~550. I have, however, come up with three Ancient LoN rings (two of one, one of the other), and I should probably try out Uliana at some point, because my goodness I am getting a lot of Uliana ancients- three helms, both weapons, and the belt for starters.
    Literally my only ancients were the WoL bracer and the sweeping wind belt. Now granted, I didn't climb as high as you did (I stopped at 65) but still, it worked and I could have gone higher.

Maybe the extra +130% crit damage just outweighs all that once you have enough crit, or you just end up needing the DR from Crystal Fist. For farming I think the Censer is probably superior.
    It's a combination of both. And even if you don't want Crystal Fist, you can roll with something else entirely like In-Geom. Either way though, I wouldn't use the staff unless it rolled really well. (I did initially, because I did find an ancient one, but as soon as I got a second non-ancient one I cubed that and switched to 1Hs.)

Also.... anyone know of any good Monk Lightning damage builds that use the Hellfire Amulet? I cubed one for the season achievement and I got... an Ancient. With 98% crit damage. And 20% Lightning damage. And the Cheat Death passive. I was thinking maybe a Shenlong/Raiment build, but it seems like those are usually fire-based on Crippling Wave. If I can find a build I like and will use I'll happily Caldensann's that Amulet, but I don't want to use it on my crappy Sunwuko pants. I could also Caldensann the best LoN ring I got, but I'd kind of like to Caldensann something for the build I'm using (Sunwuko WoL seems super fast and efficient).
    Sounds awesome! Wish I could help. A Raiment build that actually uses Dashing Strike maybe? Complete with Fleshrake and In-Geom.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

26. - Top - End - #716
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

That's fair, and I can't imagine playing it in hardcore either. Things will either be challenging but manageable out of Archon, which makes your "Super Saiyan" form trivialize the content and stop being fun - or, things will be challenging in Archon form, which means they're a nightmare while you're out of it and you end up chewing through your nails every time the buff is about to run out / for the interminable seconds until it is ready again. So I agree, I can see a lot of downsides to Archon.

Literally my only ancients were the WoL bracer and the sweeping wind belt. Now granted, I didn't climb as high as you did (I stopped at 65) but still, it worked and I could have gone higher.

It's a combination of both. And even if you don't want Crystal Fist, you can roll with something else entirely like In-Geom. Either way though, I wouldn't use the staff unless it rolled really well. (I did initially, because I did find an ancient one, but as soon as I got a second non-ancient one I cubed that and switched to 1Hs.)

Sounds awesome! Wish I could help. A Raiment build that actually uses Dashing Strike maybe? Complete with Fleshrake and In-Geom.
    I think I can hit GR 70 without any new gear, but I don't know how much past that I can go. Of course, there's also the continual progression of gems and Paragons to factor into that too. I think getting up to GR 75 without at least one or two solid Ancients + Caldensanns would be more about the Rift composition and favorable pylon placement.

27. - Top - End - #717

If pushing is your goal, have you tried LTK Sunwuko? It scales considerably better damage-wise. WoL is great for speedfarming and knocking out the Season Journey but it's a bit of a square peg in the round hole as far as straight-up progression goes, and at some point you're going to hit a wall without stacking ancients and such. I guess I'm more wondering what the endgame is meant to be here.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, time to start a new HC wizard. I was experimenting with a build closer to IcyVein's Archon-Firebird build, and got trapped. Luckily I've still got a rank 25 Ease of Use gem and 200 paragons, so getting back up shouldn't be too horrible. And I've got 3 Firebird orbs and 4 Firebird torsos, so as soon as I get back to 70 I'll cube them until I have a set.

29. - Top - End - #719

My hardcore WD is 50 now. It's a bit slow going sticking to Hard difficulty, but better safe than sorry, and he at least has plenty of bounty mats and his cube already.

I dislike Firebird-archon immensely myself. For one thing, you have to get up close (because you need all 3-4 archon damage moves to be able to ignite enemies, including the melee range ones) which keeps you in harm's way. You're also forced to use ice armor on a fire build to survive, which irritates my inner Vorthos to no end. Third, you lose your ability to teleport, with all the loss of mobility and survivability that comes with that. I don't care how effective it is, I have no desire to push 90+ anyway, and even if I did, I'd be playing another build with some actual variety in it.

Contrast with the Lightning Vyrasha build, which is not only much more fun, it has greater survivability, and even managed to beat Firechon on the leaderboards. If I were interested in pushing as a wizard, it would definitely be with that.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

30. - Top - End - #720
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

If pushing is your goal, have you tried LTK Sunwuko? It scales considerably better damage-wise. WoL is great for speedfarming and knocking out the Season Journey but it's a bit of a square peg in the round hole as far as straight-up progression goes, and at some point you're going to hit a wall without stacking ancients and such. I guess I'm more wondering what the endgame is meant to be here.
    When I tried LTK I didn't have all the pieces of either Sunwuko build, but I probably should take another look at it.

In terms of the goal... well, short term, I need to augment SOMETHING to continue on the season journey. I would prefer it be something I'm going to be using, and is good enough that I will likely continue to use it for some time. Ideally it would be something that would help me complete the rest of the Journey, but right now the only relevant Ancient I have for WoL Sunwuko (which I have been enjoying) is a pair of fairly badly rolled set pants. I have a couple really good ancients (LoN ring and Ancient Hellfire Amulet), but nothing that would benefit the current build.