New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1524
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Diablo III:3 Kanai Fix It?

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    F+R is for speedfarming rather than pushing - replace that with Endless Walk. This will free up a ring slot for a Unity, doubling your toughness with only a minor damage decrease.
    I'd also try and find a String of Ears to replace that Sherma with for even more crunchiness.

If you can wrap your mind around attack speed breakpoints, Flying Dragon will give you better results than Furnace in the cube, but be warned that is a rabbit hole and will make your gameplay a bit more complex. If you grok it though, you will tear through GRs.

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Decided to try Wizard for my off-and-on play this season, and.. I'm not sure if I actually like Delsere's or not. I do like Slow Time, but being required to drop one on top of basically everything I want to fight is kind of an annoyance to me. Probably would help if I were doing a more long-ranged skillset; I got the source for Explosive Blast, so I'm currently using the melee version of Arcane Orb, Explosive Blast, and Spectral Blades (got the wand for that in my Cube), which means I have to go chase down anything I want to hit. Kind of hoping I can convince Kadala or rare-upgrading to give me the Arcane Orb items to help switch to a less in-your-face skill build. Or a Wand of Woh to make the downtime between Explosive Blast casts less relevant.
    I love long-range Delsere. Not as big a fan of the melee one, but I can't deny its effectiveness (especially post-buff) and I do have a soft-spot for Arcane builds since it's the one element no other class can use.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    F+R is for speedfarming rather than pushing - replace that with Endless Walk. This will free up a ring slot for a Unity, doubling your toughness with only a minor damage decrease.
    I'd also try and find a String of Ears to replace that Sherma with for even more crunchiness.
    Alas, I have not been able to get a Unity or String of Ears no matter how hard I try.

Why is Endless Walk better, exactly? The Focus/Restraint damage boost seems way more consistent (since I need to Dashing Strike and Cyclone Strike regularly to boost the damage of Crippling Wave and get 50% DR respectively), and the Endless Walk DR doesn't seem like it'll be up a lot of the time the way I need/want to use Dashing Strike between groups of mobs (Dashing only counts as a single step, so I end up with 98% damage/1% DR most of the time unless I need to run through big empty spaces). It doesn't seem useful at all DR-wise on the occasion I'm trapped in a a melee, which is the biggest issue, so that leaves the damage boost which is the same, but comes up more slowly on the occasions I DO need to run. I was using it for a while, but eventually the novelty (using the same ring and amulet on every character and build got boring after a bit) and seeming better efficiency of F+R won out.

Is there some hidden math I'm missing?

If you can wrap your mind around attack speed breakpoints, Flying Dragon will give you better results than Furnace in the cube, but be warned that is a rabbit hole and will make your gameplay a bit more complex. If you grok it though, you will tear through GRs.
    Where would I get this information? I'm not really keen on adding needless complexity, but I do have a Flying Dragon already cubed so at least that's not something I need to fruitlessly grind for (...again. It took me forever to get a first one.). Assuming it's not particularly complex or adds too many extra steps to my gameplay, it might be worth looking into.

3. - Top - End - #1083

Alas, I have not been able to get a Unity or String of Ears no matter how hard I try.

Why is Endless Walk better, exactly? The Focus/Restraint damage boost seems way more consistent (since I need to Dashing Strike and Cyclone Strike regularly to boost the damage of Crippling Wave and get 50% DR respectively), and the Endless Walk DR doesn't seem like it'll be up a lot of the time the way I need/want to use Dashing Strike between groups of mobs (Dashing only counts as a single step, so I end up with 98% damage/1% DR most of the time unless I need to run through big empty spaces). It doesn't seem useful at all DR-wise on the occasion I'm trapped in a a melee, which is the biggest issue, so that leaves the damage boost which is the same, but comes up more slowly on the occasions I DO need to run. I was using it for a while, but eventually the novelty (using the same ring and amulet on every character and build got boring after a bit) and seeming better efficiency of F+R won out.

Is there some hidden math I'm missing?
    You only need a quick dash every few seconds to re-enable the Raiment bonuses, and they last for several punches. You don't need to be flash-stepping all over the place like Byakuya. So you will stay pretty close to +100% damage as you stated. Yes, this is less than the +125% that F+R are giving you, but they take up both your ring slots to do it.

The (somewhat sad) truth is that right now, ring slots are more valuable than amulets. The double toughness Unity gives you is going to outstrip any of your passives.

Where would I get this information? I'm not really keen on adding needless complexity, but I do have a Flying Dragon already cubed so at least that's not something I need to fruitlessly grind for (...again. It took me forever to get a first one.). Assuming it's not particularly complex or adds too many extra steps to my gameplay, it might be worth looking into.
    YouTube should have some explanations on it. Sorry for not being more specific, it's not really a topic that interests me much. (I had my fill of breakpoint-chasing from WoW.)
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, so for the current state of things, Focus/Restraint WOULD be better? Since I don't have Unity, or really any other Toughness enhancing ring.

5. - Top - End - #1085

Ah, so for the current state of things, Focus/Restraint WOULD be better? Since I don't have Unity, or really any other Toughness enhancing ring.
    Using them to go farm up a Unity in TX runs, sure. If your plan is to still push further though - well, Raiment is the squishiest monk set as I think you've discovered.

Your other option is to drop that Furnace for a Crystal Fist, but that will come with a much bigger damage loss. (T13 should be fine though I think)
    Last edited by Psyren; 2017-05-29 at 11:20 PM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Ettin in the Playground

Could I get some help with a Demon Hunter Vengeance build? Just need to get it to GR55 for the second conquest.

Or the Unhallowed Essence.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2017-05-30 at 08:29 PM.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    Could I get some help with a Demon Hunter Vengeance build? Just need to get it to GR55 for the second conquest.

Or the Unhallowed Essence.

Thanks!
    UE:

Use Zei's/Trapped/Powerful if you have them leveled. Stricken isn't useful compared to Powerful until GR 75 or so.

Wear Yang's, cube Dawn. Yang's has an additional 50% Hatred cost reduction secondary that isn't included in its legendary ability in the cube. Also it has a better damage range than a hand crossbow and naturally rolls % Damage.

With the right weapon equipped you should be free to use Wolf Companion instead of Bat Companion for extra damage.

Yang's is usually a Fire build with Multishot:Arsenal and Ballistics passive.

Thrill of the Hunt and Cull the Weak combined already activate Bane of the Trapped, so there's no need for Polar Station or custom Engineering passive. If you really want sentries, use the Marauder set.

Run Preparation:Invigoration instead. Huge damage boost due to how UE uses Discipline.

Convention of Elements is usually the go-to for the Ring cube slot. You want as much distance between you and your enemies as possible (UE set bonus and Zei's). However, you're only gunning for GR 55 so you may not need the help.

Natalya: You don't have any pets, why is Zooey's Secret in your cube?
    From what I understand, Sharpshooter isn't very good.
    If you're using the Grenadier passive you should probably be using the Demolition rune for Strafe instead of Rocket Storm. Alternatively, you should be using the Ballistics passive if you want to use Rocket Storm. Grenade Builds should be using the Grenade-flavored RoV, otherwise Shade is the go-to rune.
    Nothing at GR55 should ever get to 50 Stricken stacks. Powerful is way better at that level. Way better.
    Also, a Natalya Channeling build is perfect for Taeguk.
    For GR 55 CoE may be overkill, but if I were running an immunity amulet, I'd stick with Mara's if available. There are way more annoying poison based mobs, affixes, and RGs. Yeah, you're immune to Molten, Fire Chains, Mortar, Succubi, the Succubus and dragon RGs, and part of the Kulle RG stand-in's schtick...

But Poison immunity keeps you safe from Bogun Trappers, Wasps, Heralds of Pestilence, Plagued, Poison Enchanted, and several RGs- the Ghom and Cydaea stand-ins, the giant Herald of Pestilence, the Choker, and the Corrupted Angel.

Particularly, Bogun Trappers can be hard to dodge, and the Wasp's tiny attacks can be hard to see and avoid in all the on-screen chaos.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Ettin in the Playground

Succubi do Fire damage? Explains why the Countess's amulet never worked against them. I don't think we've acquired Mara's Kaleidoscope yet, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try them out and get back to you!
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Titan in the Playground

RNG finally decided to help me out. In the last couple of days I acquired an Unstable Anomaly, Focus + Restraint, Delsere's Shame, Blood Bracers, and a Crown of the Primus. Plus some miscellaneous other - the Halo of Arlyse and Convention of Elements are probably the more relevant ones. Feeling a lot better about the build now; exploding T9 monsters with ease, although it feels slightly squishy still at that point (..although I sometimes mentally define 'squishy' as 'can't survive standing in the middle of an exploding Molten pack', so maybe that just means I need to push a bit more aggressively.) Haven't spent much time with the Blood Bracers, tho, so I'll see how the bonus shield works out. Should try out the Halo with Ice Armor next if I'm still feeling like there's not enough Toughness.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    RNG finally decided to help me out. In the last couple of days I acquired an Unstable Anomaly, Focus + Restraint, Delsere's Shame, Blood Bracers, and a Crown of the Primus. Plus some miscellaneous other - the Halo of Arlyse and Convention of Elements are probably the more relevant ones. Feeling a lot better about the build now; exploding T9 monsters with ease, although it feels slightly squishy still at that point (..although I sometimes mentally define 'squishy' as 'can't survive standing in the middle of an exploding Molten pack', so maybe that just means I need to push a bit more aggressively.) Haven't spent much time with the Blood Bracers, tho, so I'll see how the bonus shield works out. Should try out the Halo with Ice Armor next if I'm still feeling like there's not enough Toughness.
    My* Firebird build easily clears T-10, and even gets through T-13 with careful use. Same goes for Psyren's Delsere build. I'm having trouble getting either of them to GR65, let alone GR70, though.

* said Firebird build is not-coincidentally similar to Psyren's build.
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2017-06-02 at 11:22 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Firbolg in the Playground

My* Firebird build easily clears T-10, and even gets through T-13 with careful use. Same goes for Psyren's Delsere build. I'm having trouble getting either of them to GR65, let alone GR70.

* said Firebird build is not-coincidentally similar to Psyren's build.
    I am in the same boat with my Demon Hunter. I think my highest solo clear is GR62ish, I can probably push to 65 if I am careful... but anything beyond that I just feel too squishy. Been using a Maurader's build, I even switched from Grenades to Rockets for the extra toughness but can't seem to get it to stick.

Tempted to just have a friend power level a 4th crusader and clear it with ease.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    UE:

Use Zei's/Trapped/Powerful if you have them leveled. Stricken isn't useful compared to Powerful until GR 75 or so.

Wear Yang's, cube Dawn. Yang's has an additional 50% Hatred cost reduction secondary that isn't included in its legendary ability in the cube. Also it has a better damage range than a hand crossbow and naturally rolls % Damage.

With the right weapon equipped you should be free to use Wolf Companion instead of Bat Companion for extra damage.

Yang's is usually a Fire build with Multishot:Arsenal and Ballistics passive.

Thrill of the Hunt and Cull the Weak combined already activate Bane of the Trapped, so there's no need for Polar Station or custom Engineering passive. If you really want sentries, use the Marauder set.

Run Preparation:Invigoration instead. Huge damage boost due to how UE uses Discipline.

Convention of Elements is usually the go-to for the Ring cube slot. You want as much distance between you and your enemies as possible (UE set bonus and Zei's). However, you're only gunning for GR 55 so you may not need the help.
    How does this look: Unhallowed Essence. Yang's Recurve is not Ancient, and switching to Dawn increases damage by 25%. But Yang's does have the Hatred Cost Reduction... (Dawn is in the Stash section if you want to play with swapping the two). That Recurve cost me about 1200 Death's Breath and 3000 blood shards... On the other hand, I now have about 60 Rift Stones.
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2017-06-03 at 03:40 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    I am in the same boat with my Demon Hunter. I think my highest solo clear is GR62ish, I can probably push to 65 if I am careful... but anything beyond that I just feel too squishy. Been using a Maurader's build, I even switched from Grenades to Rockets for the extra toughness but can't seem to get it to stick.

Tempted to just have a friend power level a 4th crusader and clear it with ease.
    UE isn't really meant for pushing grifts. You should go Shadow's Mantle Impale if you just want to clear the GR70 season journey requirement quickly. UE is really gear dependent, and mainly awesome for speed-clearing (g)rifts.

How does this look: Unhallowed Essence. Yang's Recurve is not Ancient, and switching to Dawn increases damage by 25%. But Yang's does have the Hatred Cost Reduction... (Dawn is in the Stash section if you want to play with swapping the two). That Recurve cost me about 1200 Death's Breath and 3000 blood shards... On the other hand, I now have about 60 Rift Stones.
    You should find a better neck. (You want +%Fire, +CHC%, +CHD%, Socket)

Reroll Quiver for +12 Discipline.
    Reroll Legs from Evasive to All Resist.
    Reroll Bracer +Vit to +20% Fire.
    Reroll Hands +AD% to +CDR%, +IAS%, +RCR% depending on which one you need.
    Reroll Shoulder same as Hands, to CDR/IAS/RCR depending on what you need.

You should consider rerolling something on your rings to CHC.

You want to aim for 37% CDR for infinite Vengeance.

If you're running Yang's, replace your belt with Witching Hour or the one that increases primary skill attack speed (Hunter's Wrath?)

Edit: also cube Convention, not Elusive.
    Last edited by Neftren; 2017-06-03 at 04:24 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    UE isn't really meant for pushing grifts. You should go Shadow's Mantle Impale if you just want to clear the GR70 season journey requirement quickly. UE is really gear dependent, and mainly awesome for speed-clearing (g)rifts.

You should find a better neck. (You want +%Fire, +CHC%, +CHD%, Socket)

Reroll Quiver for +12 Discipline.
    Reroll Legs from Evasive to All Resist.
    Reroll Bracer +Vit to +20% Fire.
    Reroll Hands +AD% to +CDR%, +IAS%, +RCR% depending on which one you need.
    Reroll Shoulder same as Hands, to CDR/IAS/RCR depending on what you need.

You should consider rerolling something on your rings to CHC.

You want to aim for 37% CDR for infinite Vengeance.

If you're running Yang's, replace your belt with Witching Hour or the one that increases primary skill attack speed (Hunter's Wrath?)

Edit: also cube Convention, not Elusive.
    I disagree in a few key areas.

Life per hit isn't terrible on an amulet, until you find something better I'd reroll Vit to Crit or Crit Damage.
    Wrists, reroll Resist All to Fire %. Don't touch the Vitality!!!!
    Legs I would have rerolled the Life Regen to something else (unless it rolled a skill). Really, you should get better legs. Dex/Vit/Resist All are ideal.
    Shoulders- get rid of the companion damage for CDR. The only damage skill worth getting on your gear is Multishot, and even that's only on boots. RCR isn't worth gearing for- that's why you wear Yang's. IAS isn't a huge priority. Dex/Vit/CDR/Area Damage is ideal. Bonus if you get an elemental resist secondary.
    Hands- Dex/Crit/Crit Damage/Vit is ideal unless you really need more CDR.
    Focus: Reroll Resist all to Crit or Crit damage.
    Restraint: Reroll IAS to Crit or Crit damage.
    Belt: find a Witching Hour. In the meantime, reroll Evasive Fire to Life %.
    Chest: Reroll Sentry Damage to Vit. Ideally, you want a chest with Dex/Vit/Reduced Elite Damage.
    Helm: Reroll Mutishot damage to Crit

Your Dead Man's Legacy is pretty bad. Ideally you want Discipline, CDR, and Crit (you're 1/3)- and your multishot damage and threshold rolls are near minimum.

Your Yang's is also pretty bad. Minimum discipline, low attack roll, near-minimum resource cost reduction roll... I sincerely hope you've got more Gifts, I would have rerolled Vit to socket and used it until I got a better one, or reforged it at the earliest opportunity. The Dex, Vit, and % Damage rolls are pretty good at least.

Vengeance: Run Seethe.

With the right gear, UE can totally solo-push GRs into the 80s or higher. Your gear is missing a LOT of Crit and Crit damage. The RNG is trolling you with the rolls on your weapons.

With that said, you've got the actual build in place, so if you reforge your gear I think you should be able to clear GR 55 pretty handily, especially if you run CoE.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay. Time to hit the Bounties hard to stock up for all the Reforging I'm going to need to do. I've got two Wizard builds on the account that can both handle T13, so a few public games later, I should have a decent supply.

16. - Top - End - #1096

Note that TX bounties can potentially give you a better mats/minute ratio - I would time yourself and see.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Ogre in the Playground

So, basically, for UE, if you haven't read this, you should read this: https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/demon-h...-2-5-season-10

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    I disagree in a few key areas.

Life per hit isn't terrible on an amulet, until you find something better I'd reroll Vit to Crit or Crit Damage.
    For UE, Amulet should, at minimum, have CHC/CHD. Also Blood Vengeance is a terrible passive for UE. You almost always want the following passive configuration Cull the Weak, Thrill of the Hunt (optional if running Cold), Ballistics, Ambush. A good fifth passive would be Awareness or maybe Steady Aim (when you have a HFA; disregard if running Azkaranth).

Wrists, reroll Resist All to Fire %. Don't touch the Vitality!!!!
    All-Resist is comparatively more rare than Vit, and as a UE DH your primary problem is reflect mobs offscreen, not tanking hits. You should be kiting and using potion as needed. You can pick up the extra health elsewhere if absolutely needed.

[Quote]Shoulders- get rid of the companion damage for CDR. The only damage skill worth getting on your gear is Multishot, and even that's
    only on boots. RCR isn't worth gearing for- that's why you wear Yang's. IAS isn't a huge priority. Dex/Vit/CDR/Area Damage is ideal. Bonus if you get an elemental resist secondary.
    +Multishot rolls on helmets ("perfect" roll being Dex/Vit/CHC/+Multi/Socket).

RCR is definitely worth gearing for, as it scales somewhat linearly (pretty much no diminishing return) but you should consider prioritizing IAS over it if you can make it to the next breakpoint. More RCR means you can unload for longer, which is always nice.

Helm: Reroll Mutishot damage to Crit
    I would not advise this >.> IIRC %Skill damage scales similarly to %Elemental damage so you should hang onto those if possible, since it's computed after everything else (i.e. biggest damage gain). Not 100% sure on that tho, but even so, Vit is easy to get from other pieces and if you're dying for toughness, cubing Elusive or Visage and adding appropriate Belt will get you 80% of the way there.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    So, basically, for UE, if you haven't read this, you should read this: https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/demon-h...-2-5-season-10

For UE, Amulet should, at minimum, have CHC/CHD. Also Blood Vengeance is a terrible passive for UE. You almost always want the following passive configuration Cull the Weak, Thrill of the Hunt (optional if running Cold), Ballistics, Ambush. A good fifth passive would be Awareness or maybe Steady Aim (when you have a HFA; disregard if running Azkaranth).
    "Until you get something better".

Also, in my experience (source: I have a UE DH that clears GR 75), having a moderate amount of life gain is very helpful in preserving your potion for true emergencies.

All-Resist is comparatively more rare than Vit, and as a UE DH your primary problem is reflect mobs offscreen, not tanking hits. You should be kiting and using potion as needed. You can pick up the extra health elsewhere if absolutely needed.
    You need a certain amount of health for your mitigation to keep you alive. DH still needs to survive mortar fire, ground hazards, and stray projectiles. This is especially true against teleporting elites and RGs, where keeping your distance still requires frequent re-positioning. The increase in character health is usually a larger % than the decrease in damage taken by increasing Resist All. Vit is always more important than Armor or Resist All.

[QUOTE]
    Shoulders- get rid of the companion damage for CDR. The only damage skill worth getting on your gear is Multishot, and even that's

+Multishot rolls on helmets ("perfect" roll being Dex/Vit/CHC/+Multi/Socket).
    Helmets only have four primary affixes. Sockets count as a primary affix. Socket and Dex are a given for UE. Socket is essential for CDR gem. His helm has Vit. CHC is the next best stat, and his rings are missing CHC. Therefore Multi should be rolled to Crit on the helmet. Multi is an option on boots whereas Crit is not. Multi for boots, crit for helm.

RCR is definitely worth gearing for, as it scales somewhat linearly (pretty much no diminishing return) but you should consider prioritizing IAS over it if you can make it to the next breakpoint. More RCR means you can unload for longer, which is always nice.

I would not advise this >.> IIRC %Skill damage scales similarly to %Elemental damage so you should hang onto those if possible, since it's computed after everything else (i.e. biggest damage gain). Not 100% sure on that tho, but even so, Vit is easy to get from other pieces and if you're dying for toughness, cubing Elusive or Visage and adding appropriate Belt will get you 80% of the way there.
    You gear for RCR by wearing Yang's. You can't do better than 40-50% RCR for one Weapon itemization slot. You only need enough Hatred and RCR to keep multishot active through CoE's 4-second burst window. You need to use your generator regularly to keep F+R buff going. You need to reposition regularly to avoid projectiles/hazards. UE causes your generator to also refill your Discipline, so you usually end up using your generator after you Vault away anyways.

You gear for skill damage by wearing Dead Man's Legacy. You can't do better than 80-100% skill damage in one slot. The skill damage from helm and boots is additive with the Dead Man's Legacy boost. With a Maxed DML and Boots, your skill multiplier is 2.15 instead of 1. With Skill damage in the Helm, your multiplier is now 2.30 instead of 2.15. That's a 6.9% increase in damage (2.3/2.15) from a 15% increase in Skill Damage at the cost of one Helm itemization slot.

With Crit and Crit damage, let's say you crit 50% of the time for +300% damage. .5 * 1 + .5 *4 = 2.5.
    Increase Crit by 6%. .44*1 + .56*4 = 2.68. 2.68/2.5 is a 7.2% increase in damage for a 6% increase in Crit at the cost of one helm itemization slot. Note that with perfect gear, you'll actually have something like +430% crit damage from Weapon socket, Paragon, both rings, Amulet, and Gloves. And the lower your crit is, the more valuable the crit increase is. If you went from 44% crit to 50% crit you'd gain 7.75% damage, not 7.2%.
    Last edited by Icewraith; 2017-06-05 at 07:13 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Ettin in the Playground

Anyone hear when the season's ending? I was expecting mid-June (2 1/2 months since the start), but I haven't seen any announcements for it yet.

Edit: Anyone want to help me Pimp my Fantastic Finery to GR55? At GR45, I can kill stuff great when I'm in Archon, but I spend way too much time waiting for the cooldown. Is In Geom worth swapping in for The Furnace? Obsidian RotZ for The Endless Walk? I'm not taking much damage outside of Archon form, but I'm also not inflicting much damage outside of Archon form.
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2017-06-07 at 10:44 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1100

Halo + Unity is overkill, you should pick one and go with OROTZ so you spend more time in Archon form killing things. (I would go with Halo since that will also trigger your APD.) I'd also drop Stricken for Gogok. Basically you want to spend as little time outside Archon as possible - just enough to refresh all your Chantodo stacks.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Ettin in the Playground

Halo + Unity is overkill, you should pick one and go with OROTZ so you spend more time in Archon form killing things. (I would go with Halo since that will also trigger your APD.) I'd also drop Stricken for Gogok. Basically you want to spend as little time outside Archon as possible - just enough to refresh all your Chantodo stacks.
    The Chantodo stacks refresh rather quickly, so yeah, that's not much of an issue. ORotZ is much more effective than In Geom for cooldowns, so I'll go with that. I thought it might be worth swapping out Bane o'tha' Stricken, but I wasn't sure what to replace it with. I've got a pretty high Gogok, so I'll swap that out and get back to you.

Thanks!

22. - Top - End - #1102

As others have said upthread, Stricken is basically pointless below 70, and possibly even 75. Nothing should be living long enough for it to matter, and if they are, there is a more fundamental problem elsewhere in your build or playstyle.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Ettin in the Playground

I haven't been playing much at all. Got my brother to start a character but didn't get that far in. He wanted to do the story, which is good, but doesn't realize that the first "work to get decent skills" is not really the fun part of the game. He should just let me power level him then run through the campaign.

Since I don't really have anyone to play with much I also decided to log into PSN and see about finding a game, once I did that I saw the seasonal stuff and decided to try. Of course I decided to do that just before it gets over so I don't think I'll even get anything out of it.
    But if anyone else is playing on PSN (PS4) maybe we could run some stuff?

24. - Top - End - #1104

Even if you start Season and time runs out on you, that character will still exist, it will just get converted to non-season. So by all means, fire up a game with your friend.

I'm not totally sure how it works on console, but on PC you powerlevel by having the "levelee" host the game at the highest difficulty they can manage, and then the "leveler" will join that game and do all the murder for them. They'll get a ton of levels in a very short time.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

25. - Top - End - #1105

Even if you start Season and time runs out on you, that character will still exist, it will just get converted to non-season. So by all means, fire up a game with your friend.

I'm not totally sure how it works on console, but on PC you powerlevel by having the "levelee" host the game at the highest difficulty they can manage, and then the "leveler" will join that game and do all the murder for them. They'll get a ton of levels in a very short time.
    Huh? I've always done it the exact opposite way. The leveler hosts the game, and the levelee joins that game. That way they're getting exp for the level 70 monsters. I've level characters from 1 to 70 in 1-2 rifts at t6 (the highest difficulty a non-70 can join).

26. - Top - End - #1106

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Huh? I've always done it the exact opposite way. The leveler hosts the game, and the levelee joins that game. That way they're getting exp for the level 70 monsters. I've level characters from 1 to 70 in 1-2 rifts at t6 (the highest difficulty a non-70 can join).
    We might be reversing our definitions of those terms. I was saying Levelee = the lowbie person who is being leveled, while Leveler = the high level person doing the killing.

When the Levelee hosts, you get low-level yet very high XP (for them) monsters, that can be slaughtered en masse at no risk to the leveler even in yellows. This gets you massive killstreak multipliers.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Ettin in the Playground

When the Levelee hosts, you get low-level yet very high XP (for them) monsters, that can be slaughtered en masse at no risk to the leveler even in yellows. This gets you massive killstreak multipliers.
    As long as you stay out of the Rifts.

I think you both have the same Leveler/Levelee definitions. The leveler is the one allowing the levelee to go from level 1 to 70.

28. - Top - End - #1108

I level in dense, non-rift areas for the multipliers, like Halls of Agony and that nephalem city area that's swarming with scarabs. Alternatively, I just run through bounties since it gives a clear goal and the mats can be used at cap.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

29. - Top - End - #1109

I level in dense, non-rift areas for the multipliers, like Halls of Agony and that nephalem city area that's swarming with scarabs. Alternatively, I just run through bounties since it gives a clear goal and the mats can be used at cap.
    Whereas I just go into a level 70 t6 rift. As long as the leveler is geared enough to speed clear it, you can go 1 to 70 in roughly 6 minutes.

Remember the levelee doesn't need to be particularly close, just being on the same floor of the rift they get full exp.

30. - Top - End - #1110

K, to each his own.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy