New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Diablo III:3 Kanai Fix It?

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    I think you can be wearing one piece of a set; as long as you don't have any of the bonuses, you're not disqualified. I know that I wear a couple of set pieces with my LoN because they have better stats than anything else I've gotten to drop, but since they're different sets I still get the pwnage for having no other bonuses.
    LoN = no set bonuses, but The Thrill = no greens at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Icewraith: thanks for posting about your experience with the GR45 conquest. I'd been procrastinating on that for literally months (you can go back in the thread to see how far back I was saying I meant to do it). After your post I decided to just go ahead and gun for it, rather than waiting for perfect off pieces to drop, I just grabbed what I had in my bags (wound up having to roll a few pants because I literally did not own a pair of non-set pants), and ran in... and just crushed it. I realized after the fact I had even forgotten to put a gem into my Leoric's Crown, but it just didn't matter, finished with like 8 minutes to spare. So thank you for pointing out how stupidly easy thorns build makes it, so I felt better about going in with what I had rather than waiting until I found better non-set gear.

I now have my stash tab and am happy to wait on the next season.
    You're welcome! I ended up getting my stash tab last night as well. I don't know how I'm going to fit everything together when the season ends, right now I have six tabs of seasonal stuff and two empty non-seasonal tabs. Granted, a lot of the int gear I acquired for my WD will be redundant with the Wizard gear I already have, and I'm sure I'll end up salvaging a lot of duplicate pieces- but you basically need a stash tab for the set items from each class you've gotten to max level. I seem to do 2 classes per season so far, so this coming season I'll probably do a Barb and a DH and then work on mastering all the set dungeons.

Protip: While you're fiddling around with your stash trying to pare down, dismiss your follower so they stop complaining about how boring you are.

Edit: Once I got the 4 minute TX rift out of the way, it turns out I still hadn't killed Diablo on TX. I thought I beat the fight in plenty of time but didn't get the notification I had done so, and briefly panicked.
    Last edited by Icewraith; 2016-04-07 at 04:45 PM.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

3. - Top - End - #213

Congrats to our new stash-tab-getters!

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    I don't know how I'm going to fit everything together when the season ends, right now I have six tabs of seasonal stuff and two empty non-seasonal tabs. Granted, a lot of the int gear I acquired for my WD will be redundant with the Wizard gear I already have, and I'm sure I'll end up salvaging a lot of duplicate pieces- but you basically need a stash tab for the set items from each class you've gotten to max level. I seem to do 2 classes per season so far, so this coming season I'll probably do a Barb and a DH and then work on mastering all the set dungeons.
    I have a lot of salvaging to do as well. In general though my seasonal gear has been inferior to what I found off-season, so that at least makes it easier.

What classes I run with next time will depend entirely on Haedrig's Gift. I went with Wizard because Firebirds would be an easy set to farm Tals in, and FireRasha would make spamming TX rifts a breeze. Plus with either of them I could easily squeeze in Sages. If the next Monk set is Innas or the next DH gift is Nats, I'll likely be going for one of those. Pity that the Crusader has no 7-piece sets

Protip: While you're fiddling around with your stash trying to pare down, dismiss your follower so they stop complaining about how boring you are.
    That irritates the hell out of me! And I never remember to do it until they bellyache.

Edit: Once I got the 4 minute TX rift out of the way, it turns out I still hadn't killed Diablo on TX. I thought I beat the fight in plenty of time but didn't get the notification I had done so, and briefly panicked.
    Bounties are great for this. Simply join TX bounty games and check Act 4 until you see that he's one of the targets. If he isn't, leave immediately so someone can take your place (good guy nephalem), and if he is, just run bounties as normal until someone else gets to him - Then hit yes on the notification and join in. Piece of cake!
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Congrats to our new stash-tab-getters!

I have a lot of salvaging to do as well. In general though my seasonal gear has been inferior to what I found off-season, so that at least makes it easier.

What classes I run with next time will depend entirely on Haedrig's Gift. I went with Wizard because Firebirds would be an easy set to farm Tals in, and FireRasha would make spamming TX rifts a breeze. Plus with either of them I could easily squeeze in Sages. If the next Monk set is Innas or the next DH gift is Nats, I'll likely be going for one of those. Pity that the Crusader has no 7-piece sets

That irritates the hell out of me! And I never remember to do it until they bellyache.

Bounties are great for this. Simply join TX bounty games and check Act 4 until you see that he's one of the targets. If he isn't, leave immediately so someone can take your place (good guy nephalem), and if he is, just run bounties as normal until someone else gets to him - Then hit yes on the notification and join in. Piece of cake!
    Eh, I actually preferred soloing Diablo on a time limit as a way to finish off the season and unlock my stash. It felt.... right, even though it was easy as hell.

What the gift is will determine whether I start Barb or DH, but I didn't buy the expansion until last season, so I didn't have any 70s then. After this coming season I'll just roll whatever has the best gift or I like, because I'll have a 70 of each class.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Banned

Devil

I'll probably go for a Barbarian, Monk or a Witch Doctor, and possibly try out a Hardcore Character (question; is Haedrics one per account, or do I get a hardcore and softcore bags?) in order to easy mode doubling up on the conquests.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Orc in the Playground

From what I experienced this season, the season journey is the same for both normal and hardcore. So, sadly, you only get one gift. :/
    "Stop talking." - Roy
    Surprised Champion Predictor of the Rastakhan Rumble's Card Rating Competition in the Playground - "I could predict pretty much anything, besides winning this competition!" - Myself, probably

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

So what is the fastest and easiest way to up the survivability of a crusader? It is fairly freshly 70, and doesn't yet have most crafted recipes (though if that is the fastest and easiest way we could farm them from caches), and only a few set pieces. I know resist all gems is an easy start, but I haven't had much of a chance to look over skills and passives yet (wife was setting him up so far). Anything like Kadala for X shield, belt, etc. first is mostly what I'm looking for in gear advice.

The goal right now is passive survivability, things like buffs are fine but "keep using X skill every few seconds" is beyond the player skill available. We took him with us for a bit in T8 last night and he died like 6 times, mostly in a single hit.

8. - Top - End - #218

Eh, I actually preferred soloing Diablo on a time limit as a way to finish off the season and unlock my stash. It felt.... right, even though it was easy as hell.
    Oh, I can certainly do it in seconds now, but recall that I got my tab months ago when my seasonal gear wasn't quite as good Certainly my Jade Harvester WD or FireRasha could now. But I was basically trying to knock it all out as fast as possible so that I could play other games like Hearthstone.

What the gift is will determine whether I start Barb or DH, but I didn't buy the expansion until last season, so I didn't have any 70s then. After this coming season I'll just roll whatever has the best gift or I like, because I'll have a 70 of each class.
    Indeed - I have 2 70s for each class (one for each gender, though FemBarb is probably my least favorite.) Also, I hate FemMonk's stance when holding a staff - she looks like she's getting ready to gingerly place a steak in a lion's cage at the zoo - so she ended up being my fist monk (Uliana/Raiment) while DudeMonk uses a staff (Inna's/SWK).

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    So what is the fastest and easiest way to up the survivability of a crusader? It is fairly freshly 70, and doesn't yet have most crafted recipes (though if that is the fastest and easiest way we could farm them from caches), and only a few set pieces. I know resist all gems is an easy start, but I haven't had much of a chance to look over skills and passives yet (wife was setting him up so far). Anything like Kadala for X shield, belt, etc. first is mostly what I'm looking for in gear advice.

The goal right now is passive survivability, things like buffs are fine but "keep using X skill every few seconds" is beyond the player skill available. We took him with us for a bit in T8 last night and he died like 6 times, mostly in a single hit.
    That depends on your build - for a Thorns or Blessed Shield+Gyrfalcon build (read: one with infinite resource) then Aquila Cuirass provides the biggest jump.

Unity is an easy boost too but I gather that you play with your wife so it won't work too well. Justice Lantern however should.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Silliest build I ever came up with?

DH with resource cost reduction and resource regen all over the place focusing on Strafe. Dressed all in Winter Dye. He's a Smooth Criminal...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

I hate FemMonk's stance when holding a staff .
    Is it honestly worse than FemWD?
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

11. - Top - End - #221

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Silliest build I ever came up with?

DH with resource cost reduction and resource regen all over the place focusing on Strafe. Dressed all in Winter Dye. He's a Smooth Criminal...
    I've never tried a DH in white. Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Is it honestly worse than FemWD?
    I don't think I've ever seen her staff pose.

*Checks d3planner's 3D modeler*

Actually that's not so bad. The crouching sway fits it better than the FemMonk's ramrod-stiff upright stance, like she's holding a broom that's two sizes too long. Its not too far off from the Male Monk's stance with a staff.

I love the monk's polearm stance though (both male and female.)
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

I don't think I've ever seen her staff pose.

*Checks d3planner's 3D modeler*

Actually that's not so bad. The crouching sway fits it better than the FemMonk's ramrod-stiff upright stance, like she's holding a broom that's two sizes too long. Its not too far off from the Male Monk's stance with a staff.

I love the monk's polearm stance though (both male and female.)
    I was actually referring to her overall stance; she does the crouching sway no matter what she has equipped. With most weapons, it looks ridiculous.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Colossus in the Playground

I probably already asked this, but is there an official start date for the new season? Also, perhaps a link where I could go to check out what the class set rewards will be this time? Im curious to see what sort of options I will get. On an unrelated note, im having fun playing with a locust/acid wd build. The swarm jumps to everything, the acid cloud melts the big pile of creatures bunching up on me, and my pets keep everything at a safe distance from me, making my survivability rather nice. I would welcome some advice on a spammable skill though. Currently im using a bouncing firebomb or whatever its called for when I run oom. Just wondering what the best option would be.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

14. - Top - End - #224
    Banned

Devil

So, all that's left is to get 3 gems to 55, and I have my stash tab. Decided to drop all of my stuff I was saving for LoN as I was getting nowhere with accumulating gear for it. Low and behold, with the exclusion of not actually having a a LoN Ancient Ring set, I had all of the stuff needed.

Only problem is, it turns out I'd trashed the rings as well, and will they drop now? Will they ****.

15. - Top - End - #225

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I probably already asked this, but is there an official start date for the new season? Also, perhaps a link where I could go to check out what the class set rewards will be this time? Im curious to see what sort of options I will get. On an unrelated note, im having fun playing with a locust/acid wd build. The swarm jumps to everything, the acid cloud melts the big pile of creatures bunching up on me, and my pets keep everything at a safe distance from me, making my survivability rather nice. I would welcome some advice on a spammable skill though. Currently im using a bouncing firebomb or whatever its called for when I run oom. Just wondering what the best option would be.
    Season 5 ends @ April 15th, 5pm PDT
    Season 6 starts two weeks later @ April 29th, 5pm PDT

Above is for North America
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

I haven't seen anything on what next season's Haedrig's Gift will be, but I looked sometime last week and my google-fu might have simply failed me.

If they keep the same conquests, one of my main focuses will be on acquiring and leveling a Boon of the Hoarder early for speedruns, the gold conquest (since praying for a Baron won't be an option), and empowered rifts.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Banned

Devil

PTR is;

Barbarian; Raekor's
    Crusader; Akkhan
    Demon Hunter; Marauder
    Monk; Inna's
    Witch Doctor; Zunimassa
    Wizard; Delsere's Magnum Opus

I didn't really like Akkhan's, although its potential to just do AoE damage is much better than Invokers, but Invokers just got a further +150% damage IIRC in the PTR. Magnum Opus took a hit with Twisted Sword capping out at 5 Twisters also IIRC. I've not really done a Pet Build, and although I may just play a Crusader (possibly as a Hardcore Cherry Popper, so that I can try and get the Hardcore Avarice with ease, because I know how to play, and gear - ish - mostly thanks to you guys - without being overly fragile). I've not really played a Witch Doctor, or a pet build, although I may even try for a machine gun general Crusader also.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    PTR is;

Barbarian; Raekor's
    Crusader; Akkhan
    Demon Hunter; Marauder
    Monk; Inna's
    Witch Doctor; Zunimassa
    Wizard; Delsere's Magnum Opus

I didn't really like Akkhan's, although its potential to just do AoE damage is much better than Invokers, but Invokers just got a further +150% damage IIRC in the PTR. Magnum Opus took a hit with Twisted Sword capping out at 5 Twisters also IIRC. I've not really done a Pet Build, and although I may just play a Crusader (possibly as a Hardcore Cherry Popper, so that I can try and get the Hardcore Avarice with ease, because I know how to play, and gear - ish - mostly thanks to you guys - without being overly fragile). I've not really played a Witch Doctor, or a pet build, although I may even try for a machine gun general Crusader also.
    Out of curiosity did they nerf the effectiveness of thorns without the set? Because if so the damage buff on Invokers makes sense. Invoker's Set actually isn't all that powerful, Thorns itself was just really strong (as evidenced by the ease with which The Thrill was completed with no Invoker set). Not to say Invoker's was a bad set, it definitely made a strong build stronger, but not by the same degree other sets augment their respective builds.

Anyway I kind of want to try a DH next go around, but I wound up abandoning my mage this time and focusing on a second crusader, so I'm wondering if I should just skip leveling a ranged character I probably won't like and go straight for Monk.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Out of curiosity did they nerf the effectiveness of thorns without the set? Because if so the damage buff on Invokers makes sense. Invoker's Set actually isn't all that powerful, Thorns itself was just really strong (as evidenced by the ease with which The Thrill was completed with no Invoker set). Not to say Invoker's was a bad set, it definitely made a strong build stronger, but not by the same degree other sets augment their respective builds.

Anyway I kind of want to try a DH next go around, but I wound up abandoning my mage this time and focusing on a second crusader, so I'm wondering if I should just skip leveling a ranged character I probably won't like and go straight for Monk.
    The thing about Thorns is that it lets you focus on survivability stats instead of crit damage, unlike conventional dps builds. Everyone usually wants CDR still, but not worrying about crit chance or crit damage was extremely nice. You just stack STR, VIT, +Phys %, CDR, and Resist All, and hope for Thorns rolls on your secondary stats.

Anyone have an opinion on Raekor's or Marauder sets? I haven't played a Barb or DH at top level and have no idea how well either works.
    Last edited by Icewraith; 2016-04-11 at 07:15 PM.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Firbolg in the Playground

The thing about Thorns is that it lets you focus on survivability stats instead of crit damage, unlike conventional dps builds. Everyone usually wants CDR still, but not worrying about crit chance or crit damage was extremely nice. You just stack STR, VIT, +Phys %, CDR, and Resist All, and hope for Thorns rolls on your secondary stats.

Anyone have an opinion on Raekor's or Marauder sets? I haven't played a Barb or DH at top level and have no idea how well either works.
    Raekor was kind of garbage last time I played a Barb, but it looks like it's been overhauled significantly since then so my input is worth a grain of salt. I'd at least try it if haedrig's gift worked for every character instead of just your first 70. As it is I will likely pass this time.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

21. - Top - End - #231

Inna or Zuni will be my main most likely. Both have the benefit of being 7-piece sets, allowing me to squeeze in 2-pc Sage's and farm breaths quickly.

Raekor is ew, the only set I dislike more is Roland.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

22. - Top - End - #232
    Colossus in the Playground

On the witchdoctor set, do pets really do enough damage for the 800% boost to be useful? I admit to never really paying close attention, I was too busy layering acid clouds and locust swarms to register my pet dps. But if so, then I would imagine a nice bouncing locust swarm to tag everything in range would make for an interesting blood bath when combined with a permanent fetish army along with other pets.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    On the witchdoctor set, do pets really do enough damage for the 800% boost to be useful? I admit to never really paying close attention, I was too busy layering acid clouds and locust swarms to register my pet dps. But if so, then I would imagine a nice bouncing locust swarm to tag everything in range would make for an interesting blood bath when combined with a permanent fetish army along with other pets.
    I got my WD up to t9-10 but the big damage isn't directly from the perma fetishes, it's from the Carnevil helm + Dagger of Darts. However, you drop Grasp on an elite and its heath does go down noticeably faster. It's a tad on the slow side because you do a lot of standing spamming darts, but once you've got the full setup you can damage (and pull) a screen and a half at once.

Edit: Any opinions on Maraduer set?
    Last edited by Icewraith; 2016-04-13 at 05:14 PM.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Banned

Devil

Aww yisss

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Vaz; 2016-04-13 at 05:46 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235

Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Aww yisss

Spoiler
    Show
    Cutting it close, nice job
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

I guess I'm going DH? Raekor is so bad the only endgame build for it uses 3 pieces and 5 IK + RoRG.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

Which classes are most likely to get swords from Kadala? I'm looking to get a Deathwish for my Wizard, but she mostly gets a lot of wands.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

28. - Top - End - #238
    Barbarian in the Playground

The best way to acquire a specific kind of weapon is to use Kanai's Cube to upgrade yellows to legendaries as it will always use the base type of that particular item for whatever legendary it turns into. Hence why it's a really good idea to upgrade 2-handed hammers as something not-barbarian, which will then give you a pretty decent shot at getting The Furnace.

If you somehow don't have access to Kanai's, then I wouldn't have a clue, most of the classes have class-specific 1 handers.
    Fantastic avatar by Akrim.elf.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Banned

Devil

The typical answer is "don't bother", and upgrade crafted ones. Kadala costs 75 Shards/time to have a chance to roll against all of the following tables;

is it the correct kind of weapon (1/6)
    Is It Legendary? (1/10 maybe)
    Is it the correct Legendary? (X amount of Legendaries)
    Is It Ancient? (Typically a 1/10 chance)
    Does it roll the correct Primary Stats (4-6 Stats, typically looking for around 3-4, and you don't want a Socket, because that can be Ramaladni's gift)
    Does it roll the most important of those Primary Stats (and for those Legendary Affixes) in the correct percentile (at least upper 25%, if not 10%)

Going by Swords, there are 20 possible legendaries, so that's 1/4, out of say 1/3, and 1/10, 1/20, and 1/10, or in other words, about 1 in 148000 Chance of rolling a Legendary. That's 11.1M Shards. You're more likely to get one dropped farming the Blood Shards.

To get a higher chance, upgrade crafted ones with Kanai's Cube.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd prefer to do crafted ones, but the common craft material is - ironically - very difficult to come by, while blood shards are easy to get. I'd much rather pay some number of blood shards + 50 scrap for the cube rather than 15 scrap for a sword then 50 scrap for a cube. I just wondered if a different class would have to pay less blood shards on average.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?