New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Banned

Devil

Default Re: Diablo III:3 Kanai Fix It?

If you run through the Battlefields of Eternity, you can pick up a ton with ease. No need to run it with any difficulty either. Just run it at the lowest with which you can just blitz and you'll farm the heck out of it. Remember each one gives 10 Scrap, so a full inventory gives something like 300 Scrap.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

The big underground area on the way to Adria also has a fairly large number of Ancient Armaments that will spew out white items.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

Whoo! Got my Ancient Deathwish! Also like three Twisted Swords, damn things. Stats aren't great, but the ability more than makes up for it.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

4. - Top - End - #244
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    I guess I'm going DH? Raekor is so bad the only endgame build for it uses 3 pieces and 5 IK + RoRG.
    Raekor is indeed bad though there are buffs planned. But I still hate the stop-motion playstyle with a passion so no amount of buffs are likely to save it in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    The typical answer is "don't bother", and upgrade crafted ones. Kadala costs 75 Shards/time to have a chance to roll against all of the following tables;

is it the correct kind of weapon (1/6)
    Is It Legendary? (1/10 maybe)
    Is it the correct Legendary? (X amount of Legendaries)
    Is It Ancient? (Typically a 1/10 chance)
    Does it roll the correct Primary Stats (4-6 Stats, typically looking for around 3-4, and you don't want a Socket, because that can be Ramaladni's gift)
    Does it roll the most important of those Primary Stats (and for those Legendary Affixes) in the correct percentile (at least upper 25%, if not 10%)

Going by Swords, there are 20 possible legendaries, so that's 1/4, out of say 1/3, and 1/10, 1/20, and 1/10, or in other words, about 1 in 148000 Chance of rolling a Legendary. That's 11.1M Shards. You're more likely to get one dropped farming the Blood Shards.

To get a higher chance, upgrade crafted ones with Kanai's Cube.
    I think I'll save just this post to point to later whenever people ask about getting specific weapons from Kadala.

If you run through the Battlefields of Eternity, you can pick up a ton with ease. No need to run it with any difficulty either. Just run it at the lowest with which you can just blitz and you'll farm the heck out of it. Remember each one gives 10 Scrap, so a full inventory gives something like 300 Scrap.
    Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    The big underground area on the way to Adria also has a fairly large number of Ancient Armaments that will spew out white items.
    I'm a bit late (sounds like Dhavaer got what they were looking for) but I also wanted to point out that there's another option too - there's a cube recipe called Anger of Iben Fahd that lets you convert 100 of any crafting material into any other one except for souls and breaths. If you have a surplus of blue or yellow crafting mats - easy to happen after a bunch of successive rifts or a huge Kadala binge - you can use that cube recipe to convert them into white ones. This is a good way to fix any material imbalances you might have in your stash as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm a bit late (sounds like Dhavaer got what they were looking for) but I also wanted to point out that there's another option too - there's a cube recipe called Anger of Iben Fahd that lets you convert 100 of any crafting material into any other one except for souls and breaths. If you have a surplus of blue or yellow crafting mats - easy to happen after a bunch of successive rifts or a huge Kadala binge - you can use that cube recipe to convert them into white ones. This is a good way to fix any material imbalances you might have in your stash as well.
    Huh. I thought that only converted them upwards. Definitely a good deal.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

So did anyone actually manage to get their stash pared down to 7 tabs? I've got two alts with their inventories full now, I'll get back to clearing them out at some point probably.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Firbolg in the Playground

So did anyone actually manage to get their stash pared down to 7 tabs? I've got two alts with their inventories full now, I'll get back to clearing them out at some point probably.
    Nope. I'm gonna have a lot of cleaning to do if/when I ever log onto a non-seasonal character.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

8. - Top - End - #248

I spent a looot of time yesterday comparing duplicate pieces and salvaging the ones I didn't want and I'm still not there This stash space seems almost more like a curse than a blessing.

It's nice having so many more souls, breaths and keys though.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

I spent a looot of time yesterday comparing duplicate pieces and salvaging the ones I didn't want and I'm still not there This stash space seems almost more like a curse than a blessing.

It's nice having so many more souls, breaths and keys though.
    I'm considering only leveling a DH this season and then only leveling a Barb next season. That way I'll get the additional stash tab I need to at least store the class sets when the character ports back over.

Or, I mean, I do have some more alts I could just use as old school d2 mules.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

I'm currently using three tabs. And I've still got a bit of space before I need to pick up a fourth.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

11. - Top - End - #251
    Banned

Devil

I'm considering only leveling a DH this season and then only leveling a Barb next season. That way I'll get the additional stash tab I need to at least store the class sets when the character ports back over.

Or, I mean, I do have some more alts I could just use as old school d2 mules.
    I have a Crusader literally called 'Onager' for this purpose. I am trying to organise my off season Stash, but my biggest space saver has been firstly Cubing everything on my off season I'd not go around to in season (I didn't run many bounties until the end of the season, and that was to get Avarice), and then just being really brutal and culling everything that was NOT Ancients. Had some really nice pieces of gear out of it, though, that I didn't realise, a well rolled Ancient Maximus with Int that I'm going to try and work with a Wizard alongside a 3pc Firebirds+Ancient RoRG for me to try before the season. Just levelling my gem of ease for that.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

I am not sure I think my strategy for dealing with the stash issues is going to be one of three things.
    1) go through and keep the best of for sets/potentially useful builds of wizard and DH(the only classes I actually have good gear for), and go through and farm caches to cube everything possible. Salvage everything else.
    2) just do the first part of that and salvage everything.
    3) Salvage everything that isn't a set item until I don't have any mail.

I think 3 is most likely right now. I don't really plan on not playing seasons, although I am not sure if the game will keep me interested enough to play much next season. Did they add anything interesting(new mechanics of some sort) in this patch/season, or is it mostly just balance? Although I might play a barb or crusader since I haven't really done that before.

Although I think if I start playing a diablolike again I will probably pick grim dawn or POE at this point.

13. - Top - End - #253

Quote Originally Posted by Legoshrimp View Post
    Did they add anything interesting(new mechanics of some sort) in this patch/season, or is it mostly just balance?
    They making set dungeons easier. Not only will this help you get your Mastery wings (should you want them), it'll also help you get the "master 8 set dungeons" conquest, and thus help you get your next stash tab more quickly if you go that route.

Beyond that, the only major additions are cosmetic - wings and pets.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

They making set dungeons easier. Not only will this help you get your Mastery wings (should you want them), it'll also help you get the "master 8 set dungeons" conquest, and thus help you get your next stash tab more quickly if you go that route.

Beyond that, the only major additions are cosmetic - wings and pets.
    I have plenty of wings already
    The mastery wings don't even look great to me.

So nothing new that matters. Heh I might play enough to get the stash tab, but probably not.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm currently using a disintegrate wizard - hence wanting deathwish - and my rings are Focus and Restraint. I'm thinking I might be better off with The Compass Rose, Traveller's Pledge and RoRG, though. On the one hand Endless Walk's damage bonus doesn't need me to do anything, since I'll be standing still to attack anyway, but on the other hand I'm using Tal Rasha's set so I'll want to use another attack and activate that buff too. Thoughts?

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    I'm currently using a disintegrate wizard - hence wanting deathwish - and my rings are Focus and Restraint. I'm thinking I might be better off with The Compass Rose, Traveller's Pledge and RoRG, though. On the one hand Endless Walk's damage bonus doesn't need me to do anything, since I'll be standing still to attack anyway, but on the other hand I'm using Tal Rasha's set so I'll want to use another attack and activate that buff too. Thoughts?
    Using another attack interrupts your disintegrate and resets its damage output to the base value. If you want to use FireRasha I'd recommend a different spender - one you can use on the move, like Explosive Blast or Meteor. Then getting a primary won't matter and you can F+R if you wish.

For a disintegrate build I'd go pure Firebirds+Endless Walk or LoN, with Deathwish+Etched Sigil+Twisted Sword+Mantle of Channeling etc.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

17. - Top - End - #257
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

So...

Since it worked out rather well last time, I'll ask here again: What would be your recommendation for this coming season, for at the very least the stash tab and maybe conqueror again?
    Preferably not crusader again, and I'll admit I have a sorta bias towards monk since it's longest since I really played that, but it's not a strong one, so... ?

18. - Top - End - #258

Quote Originally Posted by Istarial View Post
    So...

Since it worked out rather well last time, I'll ask here again: What would be your recommendation for this coming season, for at the very least the stash tab and maybe conqueror again?
    Preferably not crusader again, and I'll admit I have a sorta bias towards monk since it's longest since I really played that, but it's not a strong one, so... ?
    The Gift should probably drive your choice since that's what you'll (ideally) use to farm up any other sets or items you want to get the conquests with, as well as more quickly climbing GRs.

To recap, the Gifts this coming season appear to be the following. ("Standard" below means they're 6pc and occupy all the regular 6pc slots - head, shoulders, hands, torso, legs feet.)

Barbarian - Raekor (6pc, standard)
    Crusader - Akkhan (6pc, standard)
    Demon Hunter - Marauder (6pc, standard)
    Monk - Inna (7pc)
    Witch Doctor - Zunimassa (7pc)
    Wizard - Delsere (6pc, standard)

My personal approach, where possible, is to go for a 7-piece set. These can usually be combined with another 6pc set + RRoG for a 6/2 or even 6/4 setup like FireRasha. Early in the season when Breaths are more of a limiting factor and you're still farming T6 or lower, Sage's can also be combined with a 7pc set fairly easily to make accumulating Breaths easier until you can zip through TX without dying.

That makes my likely choices Inna's and Zunimassa, both pet-based sets. Of the two, Inna's has more variety (combines well with SWK4, R2, Shenlong/Genmonk or works fine purely on its own) so I'll probably go with that one.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

19. - Top - End - #259
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

My seasons so far have been:

1: WD
    2: Barb+Wiz
    3: Monk
    4: DH
    5: Crus+Barb

So I'll probably go WD again, they're my favorite class and it's been a while. Good to hear they're viable again, and I like Zuni a lot more than Jade.

...I also need to play the less fun game of going through my mailbox and combining 14 stash pages :X
    Campaign Log (updated May 12, 2016)! http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...d-other-tales)

20. - Top - End - #260
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

Hmm, guess your advice and my slight preference coincide, then. Monk it is. :)

Thanks.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Colossus in the Playground

Yeah I was torn between monk and wd myself. I like pet combat setups (Im an old school skellymancer from d2 days lol) and I have never done that with monk before, so I think I will give it a try.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

I know I'm doing monk this season. :X I don't want Raekor's and I have nonseasonal people with most of the other sets.

23. - Top - End - #263

Well dang - with so many people doing Monk I might switch to Akkhansader just to be contrary
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

24. - Top - End - #264

I loved the last seasons barb gear. That massive boost to earthquake damage and such was awesome. The monk set seems lower but a constant passive boost to dps. Plus the effect of those allies. It should be fun to mess with.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, season before last i ran a Demon Hunter and a wizard. Last season I ran a demon hunter, a witch doctor, and a crusader. This season I don't feel like running Demon Hunter so I'll probably end up running Monk and Barbarian. Since I don't want the Barbarian set, I'll run for the monk one.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Banned

Devil

Season Started, EU server as a Witch Doctor. Good look everyone. Add me if you wish, #Vaz2543.

27. - Top - End - #267

Hasnt started for me yet. /grumble mumble

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Season Started, EU server as a Witch Doctor. Good look everyone. Add me if you wish, #Vaz2543.
    I think most people might be on NA, so it might be worth it to just play there. Although the season doesn't start for another hour or two at this point I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Hasnt started for me yet. /grumble mumble
    Boohoo not screwing over people who play on any other server then americas, go play hearthstone if you want to do that
    Last edited by Legoshrimp; 2016-04-29 at 04:05 PM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

We hadn't played in quite a while and didn't realize the patch had happened yet. Saw it last night.

Is there any information on where some of the new cosmetic items can be found? It seems like quite a few are just random drops but I'm not sure if that is the case with all of them.

30. - Top - End - #270

Still says new season hasnt started yet. QQ