New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Rise of the Runelords, Part I: Burnt Offerings [IC]

"This fight is over!" calls Celiss to the half-orc and his prize. "Release the girl. Girl, when he lets you go, you will release your cold magics and stand by."
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

2. - Top - End - #62
    Colossus in the Playground

As a free action, the brute releases his hold on Rose. He shouts out something in that language that almost sounds like yipping and barking. The elven woman replies in the same language.

Rose, what do you do?
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rose stumbles away and sighs softly. She's angry, but everyone else has already backed away, and she knows she can't win against everyone. She moves safely away and looks over at Celiss. "I don't control this. It'll fade on its own in the next minute on its own." She speaks quietly now, clearly looking embarrassed.

Once she's out of harms way, Rellin lets down his spell, then turns to Celiss and Shale. "Allow me to make amends for the damage my sister has done." After speaking, he holds his hand back up, his ring glowing once more, the Half-Orc gets covered in a white glow, as his body finds itself being reinvigorated from its wounds.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rellin will spend 1 Spell Point to cast Cure from the Life Sphere. (1d8+2)[10] health restored to the Brawler.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Before he starts bathing anyone in anything, Celiss doesn't know what she has ... other than some guy waving magic around who already disobeyed her. "No, I don't allow 'it.'"

Celiss is going to put that hand he's raising in a manacle and put it behind him.

Do we need to intiative/combat roll this, meemaas?
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth

5. - Top - End - #65

As Sheriff Nightrom manacles Rellin, the elven woman comes up to Caedmon. "Sir, I'm going to have to take you in."

Caedmon, she has a pair of manacles. Do you resist?
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

Caedmon places his shield appropriately on his shoulder blades, and without facing anyone, responds. "Only if you can tell me what I have done wrong."

7. - Top - End - #67

"Aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Ask your questions in jail. If the next thing you do requires my lawful arrest to somehow be situational, you are resisting arrest, and I will put. you. down."
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68

"Not going to resist, just going to say, as you restrain me, that I was drug into a fight that all i did was be hit. All of my combat training is with a blade so if some one comes attacking me, especially especially a large brawler who knows what he is doing, I will draw sword and shield."

9. - Top - End - #69

Deputy Andosana manacles Caedmon (hands of manacled behind them). She then proceeds to do a pat-down and removes weapons (like Caedmon's sword).

Celiss, anything else or right off to jail?
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

In response to Rellin's claims of healing, Celiss says "Didn't know that. Still don't."

I have the drunken orc and Rose follows us there.

Once at the jail, the two men are stripped of everything other than the most basic clothing ... armor, rings definitely after what occurred, other jewelry, weapons, packs of gear ... all of it. If it isn't a shirt, a pair of breeches (or a robe), stockings/socks, and footwear ... it's off. This does mean that Caedmon will only have his manacles off of one wrist so that the armor can be removed. Celiss will not engage in conversation except when giving orders to turn here, remove this, etc.

During this, I want Shalelu to detect magic.

Even after all of this, is there any resistance of any kind? Do you guys go into the individual cells peaceably?
    Last edited by PSinger; 2016-03-01 at 08:55 PM.
    Current Games

11. - Top - End - #71

The young man that was arrested ... you still don't rightly see his features ... his armor, gauntlets, and one of his rings won't come off. Shalelu recognizes what they are, and tells Rellin, "Unshape your soul magics."
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rellin smiles softly at Shalelu. "I apologize, but I'm not actually able to dismiss these at will. I can deactivate them as much as possible, but as long as my hands are bound, I cannot use any of their active powers. The ring gives me protection, the helm enhances my senses, the gauntlet is my weapon. But activating it is the same as regular magic, I must be able to make the gestures. Now, as long as you are willing to trust me, having, after all, given in without any argument, then you will find that they will disperse on their own just a short while after dawn. However, will you allow me the chance to defend my actions now, before passing judgement upon me any further?" Rellin leans against the wall, dropping to the ground with his hands bound behind him, he looks out of the cell without even a hint of malice in his eyes or voice.

Rose mumbles quietly in the back, out of earshot of the girls, and then quietly walks up to them, speaking quietly, almost as if she wasn't the foulmouthed hothead that had started the scene in the bar. "They were just trying to help me. I bit off more than I could chew with that fight, even if that Drunkard was out of line."

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

"What drunkard?" asks the sheriff, somewhat coquettishly (sp?). "You mean the half-orc that threw more ale on his face and neck than went in his mouth so that when he put his face in yours he smelled like he had been drinking ... but wasn't? That drunkard?"

Current Games

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rose backs away softly, looking to her side and whispering as if talking to someone for advice before turning back to Celiss. "I-i'm sorry. He came on so strong and I thought he was slurring his words."

15. - Top - End - #75

"He was slurring his words," said Shalelu. "But what would you expect from someone who sounds like mastery of Taldane is a kurgessian effort?"

"What do you say, Kurgol?" she says vaguely in the direction of the half-orc who sits in a chair on the other side of the jail, at a desk, reading something. "Like your xylem aren't providing the right nutrients to your brain to feed to your mouth, huh?"

The half-orc looks up with his daft expression. There's a pause, then he looks back into his book. With a deep voice, more resonant than just grumbly this time, he emphatically says, "Phloem."

Without looking away from Rose, Shalelu goads, "What's that, Kurgol?"

"You know what!" he barks, realizing he was baited. "Phloem ... not xylem. Xylem are vaguely similar to the cardiovascular system, but nutrient flow to the brain would be likened to phloem, since they deal with feeding organs. Oh, and as I'm not a plant, I don't have either, anyway."

He resumes reading his little book, though more annoyed than before.

Shalelu smiles at Rose. "Seems his stutter healed."
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2016-03-02 at 08:56 PM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rose backs down, moving over to a chair to sit down, she looks at the ground, no longer sure of what to say.

Rellin calls out from the cell. "Surprisingly smart, considering how you presented yourself back in the bar. You are aware that the only reason I shot at you was because Rose was fighting in such a way that any damage I could cause would not mortally wound you before you passed out. While I consider myself a skilled mage, unfortunately I know little that could really work under bar-fight rules." After a moment, he turns his head towards the cell that the swordsman was stuck in. "Thanks for trying to help my sister by the way. Wish we could have met under better circumstances. Maybe I treat you to a drink after we get out of this?"

17. - Top - End - #77

"I appreciate the offer, but I don't drink. My my ring back would be nice enough." Caedmon has stayed still and silent the entire visit until this speech.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Oh, I'd like mine too. Belonged to my father. Very important. But I doubt they'll let either of us get them back right now. Dangerous warriors that can't hit the broad side of a barn, we are." He lays his head on the wall and laughs. "I don't even know why I have this thing. I think I've hit Rose more than I've actually hit my intended target. Thank the Gods for magic, right?"

Rose smiles a little from where she is, but from anyone else's view, all they can really see is her head lifting a little.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

"Alright, for the record ... I need your full names. Your not under arrest ... but you, too, miss. Please occupation. If your occupation includes 'adventurer,' 'mercenary,' 'sellsword,' or the like ... please list specialties."
    Current Games

20. - Top - End - #80

Shalelu looks at Rellin and squints her eyes. "I don't know the ins and outs of your special magic ... but I do know you can dismiss or dispel it. I don't care what you say something is, we don't know what it is. If you don't get rid of it ... we'll do it, whatever that takes."
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rellin sighs softly. "I've never before tried it. It's just one of those things. Maybe you're right, and maybe it can, but I guess the only way to find out is to try." He closes his eyes and meditates, surprised by the fact that his veils really were starting to dissolve.

Once finished, he stops and answers Celiss. "Rellin Bolt. Mage. Specialized in support magic, especially healing. She is Rose Bolt, also a mage, although she specializes in physical combat with magic to enhance her abilities."

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Fixing tea on the little stove at the same time, Sheriff Nightrom calls over to the burly guy [Caedmon]. "What about you, killer? What's your full name and occupation?"
    Current Games

23. - Top - End - #83

"I am not a killer. I simply wanted to stop a fight, and instead got drug into one, all because your desk jockey decided to trick people. Caedmon, and I suppose scholar and adventurer. "

24. - Top - End - #84

"You started off well," says Shalelu, "or at least in the spirit of a brawl despite wielding a sword. It wasn't until Kurgol tried to do something he has no skill at doing, that opened him up. Instead of counterattacking to subdue, you attempted a downward chop to straight up murder him. Sure, maybe you wanted to hack a little left of center, but it was still a stroke that showed no restraint."

She shifts gears. "As a scholar, what is or are your area or areas of specialty? As adventurer, you don't listen to instructions to well, do you? But I guess sword-swinger, hothead, and scholar."
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85

"Your man is very good. When facing such an adversary, one normally falls into the way they were most trained. My training just happens to be sword and shield. Scholar of martial knowledge, and nobility."

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Shaking her head, Sheriff Nightrom says, "Still no excuse. You didn't even try to approach it honorably. However unasked for, however 'outclassed' you may have felt, it was a bar fight. Pure and simple. I don't know what kind of dunderheads you are used to dealing with, but the folk of Sandpoint are a perceptive bunch. I have a whole of witnesses ... a whole lot of them, that will probably attest to how you attacked with deadly intent from the get-go. The young lady there? Yeah, she looks to be no stronger than a scrivener compared to your bull-mastiff frame, and even she went with the spirit of the battle. Everyone noticed that what you did was crossing the line, even if you don't think so. So that brings us to ... what to do?

"See, we could do this the standard way ... the hard way ... and you get charged for assault with a deadly weapon, and that is a hefty fine and some jail time.

"Or .... or ... you could work it off. You all seem to be fairly smart - you all claim to be scholars of one sort or another - and at least two of you are warriors. We seem to have a problem with goblins. They attacked the town openly en masse a little while ago. Then, through the treachery of the brother of the proprieter of the Rusty Dragon, they slaughtered everyone at the Glassworks.. My team and I killed them, rescued her from her traitorous brother and locked him up - he since was hung - and then we struck the first major blow against the Thistletop tribe. We attacked and killed the forward sentries and their druid. Our next move is against the tribe itself. We lost our healer, and we know we need more power - and possibly more healing.

"I think we could commute your sentence from fines and jail time to community service ... in the form of helping me and my team end this goblin menace."
    Last edited by PSinger; 2016-03-06 at 09:58 AM.
    Current Games

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rellin smiles. "I can certainly aid you in the form of healing and other magic. But seeing as Rose isn't charged with anything, you can't just expect her to just up and join you out of the kindness of her heart. I mean, she'll come with me because we're mostly inseparable, but I'd still like to ask that she get paid or something for her service."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

"Loyalty for most sellswords is in coin, and these goblins are raiders," Nightrom says. "Equal share of treasure for all ... sheriff, deputy, new recruit."
    Current Games

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rose nods silently, agreeing silently but refuses to say anything more.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

"Caedmon? What do you say?"
    Current Games