The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Total War Central IV (Semi-freeform nation games)

I often forget just how long broken city ran, that was before my entrance to the Total War Crew. Damn what a game though. Fear the Murska.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Orc in the Playground

I have created a brand new Total war game here. If anyone has any thoughts or critiques, I was limited on systems but tried to make it as different from the other game as possible. You can find it here
    Amazing avatar by Gengy

Empire 4- Vampiric Republic turned Vampiric Oligarchy
    Empire 5- Psychic Daddy

3. - Top - End - #183

PaladinGuy

Hello Everyone!

I'm booting up an old idea of mine. Total War: Ascension City is recruiting. Please stop by for some fantasy hijinks!

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...0#post22508380

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

If anyone is interested I am rerecruiting for my game. Here is the new thread.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis67 View Post
    For a while, we had a Hipchat for the Total War community. I created a Discord server for us to restart it in a better platform here. Anyone's welcome to join.
    Say can I get another invite link for this?

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Here is another link https://discord.gg/mTrZKG.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneStomper View Post
    Here is another link https://discord.gg/mTrZKG.
    It expired.
    Fly away from worries you don't want them again, I can feel the time to live.
    Get away from stories with pros and cons to weight up, I can feel the time to share.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Another link. This one shouldn't expire.

https://discord.gg/emSEY7A

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

So is there any interest floating around for a Total War game? I would be super down for a fun flavored Total War like the River Kingdoms game that was floating around a while back. I'm also down for a Sci-fi themed game or hell even an original one. I just got the itch for for war... Total War!
    "Facilis Descensus Averni." - Virgil, The Aeneid

“Why would I want to win anything other than a beautiful game?” - Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

Summery of the Total War Hanrui game I ran.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to Ceika for my awesome Avatar!

10. - Top - End - #190
    Halfling in the Playground

I would love to try total war as well if anything is being run.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Interesting!

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

I think Zweanslord is considering running one, but I don't know what the timeframe will be on that.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

All right i decided to bite the bullet and run my own Total War game. Kitchen sink fantasy Total War: Hanrui is here!
    "Facilis Descensus Averni." - Virgil, The Aeneid

“Why would I want to win anything other than a beautiful game?” - Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

Summery of the Total War Hanrui game I ran.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to Ceika for my awesome Avatar!

14. - Top - End - #194
    Halfling in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

anymore of these?

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

Unfortunately it's pretty time consuming to run one of these.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

A new Total War game presents itself! Recruitment is open for Total War: Planet Contest. Seven factions will vie for control of a new planet while debating on regular votes.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Orc in the Playground

Still hanging around ol' folks? Had any interesting games recently?
    The Pen is mightier than the Sword - when the message is written in Blood.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

It's been pretty quiet. Zweanslord's game has been the only one for a while.

19. - Top - End - #199

OldWizardGuy

I might have an idea if my uni registration goes well. Note on that, might. Hashing together ideas, reviewing old game maps... might have something.
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground

Well I wouldn't mind one last hurrah.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGuy

I have an idea for a new-wierd/high fantasy game though it's still very much an idea because I too have Uni things to take care of. The idea would be a combination of things like Bas-Lag's level of weirdness and the high fantasy/stakes of Malazan
    “Have no fear, you will find your way. It's in your bones. It's in your soul.”- Mark Z. Danieleweski, House of Leaves

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I'd certainly be interested
    GameofChampion's Total War Hanrui was great fun while it lasted.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Total War: Hanrui recruited in May before Total War: Planet Contest started recruiting in June. Currently working on the results of End of Turn 2 for the players! I certainly hope my players think the game is interesting.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2018-08-07 at 01:44 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Total War: Planet Contest finished the day before yesterday. It ran for 5 turns and finished with the remaining players writing their epilogue. The Consensus won the contest and named the planet Aeon Ascension!
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2018-10-08 at 06:55 AM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Hey all! So I'm thinking of starting up a Total War game in a few months (once my school term is over and I'll have the better part of a month off to myself). The setting is going to be a sort of 'space opera' with Stellaris meets EVE Online feel to it, with a bit of Warhammer 40K flavor as well. The basic conceit is that the Arco-Medean Empire - the former space power who achieved apotheosis in an event called the Ascension - has left behind a fractious legacy which inevitably leads to civil war and unrest. Now all of the factions are coming out of the woodwork to claim what the former galactic rulers have built.

I've been working on codifying some of my rules, which I have outlined in the spoilers below. Right now things aren't 100% complete (I haven't written a Faction Creation section or examples for Messages / EoT yet, for instance), and I'm not sure that everything is as balanced as it can be. I'm looking for some feedback on what I have so far before I start unveiling the Archeotech designs!

Spoiler: Stats Overview
    Show
    Just like most of the other Total War games hosted on the Playground, my game will be making use of 7 key stats that the player will decide on when fleshing out their solar empire. Each player will begin the game with a total of 25 points to allocate in their stats however they like, with several caveats. The cap on any individual stat is equal to 1/2 a player’s current stat total, rounded down (12 points at game start). This stat cap for overall allocation is determined by the amount of territory a faction controls. The total stat ceiling is equal to 25 + 2 per territory controlled.

Expanding to new territories - whether by using Economy to buy out an alien race, Espionage to assassinate and destabilize leadership, or Psionics to call forth a warp storm - similarly requires investments of stats. Each turn your faction generates an amount of temporary points equal to all stats to spend as needed. While all stats can be used to expand borders, certain stats are more efficient at doing so or better at doing so without accruing costs. Each stat has its own strengths and weaknesses, making specializing in any one stat a necessarily careful balancing act. Stats can be increased or damaged throughout the game, although all players should have at least 1 point in each stat at game start.

Any faction that begins with a 0 in a stat has an impaired capacity to develop in that way. This stat can no longer be improved (unless by use of Archeotech). For example, if a player creates an alien race with 0 Psionics, the race itself has no inborn capability for psychic strength and the player can never increase Psionics above 0. This limitation does not apply to factions whose stats are reduced to 0 after the game begins.

• Military (MIL): These are your collective fighting forces, everything from battalions of cybernetic super soldiers to planet killing missiles and pretty much everything else in between. Using this stat is one of the most efficient ways to expand your borders and is by far the best way to defend yourself from the military aggression of others. However, using one’s Military too often is a good way to obtain a warmongering reputation among one's peers.
    • Espionage (ESP): This stat represents your faction’s ability to use unobtrusive and underhanded ways to influence events. This is usually fluffed as using spies and assassins, scouting out enemy systems, and setting up shady plots. It's generally less effective than overt action, but invaluable when you want something done quietly or to gather information. Espionage also lets you read the messages of other PCs and NPCs (see Devotion below).
    • Economy (ECO): The infrastructure, collected taxes, natural resources, and other accounted wealth of your faction falls under Economy. A high Economy is the sign of a wealthy, successful faction, while a low Economy could signify poor financial planning or a lack of resources. Economy is the most efficient and straightforward way to upgrade and boost other stats, although it tends to draw the wrong kind of attention if unprotected.
    • Devotion (DEV): How committed are your people to your cause? How far do you trust your trusted advisors? Devotion measures the loyalty and resolve of your faction, acting as a 'defensive stat' against Espionage or Influence attacks (it also breaks Military ties). The higher your Devotion, the harder it is for enemies to attack or sabotage you. Any messages you send to PCs or NPCs can only be read by other players if their Espionage is higher than your Devotion.
    • Science (SCI): The Science stat represents how technologically advanced your people are. Whether you use old salvaged rockets to fire yourselves into space or have developed cures for cancer using nanotechnology, your faction will need Science in order to eke yourselves out of your new dark age. Science is incredibly versatile when it comes to upgrading most other stats, and a high Science stat is required to effectively use high grade Archeotech.
    • Influence (INF): Calling on allies to sanction enemy action, using connections to requisition troops, manipulating public opinion to use diplomacy as a weapon of friendly conquest; these are all uses of the Influence stat. Influence determines how well liked your faction is by the rest of the NPCs in the galaxy, but it also represents your capacity to wield reputation. Influence is just as efficient as Military at expanding your faction’s borders, but has no defensive applications.
    • Psionics (PSI): Psionics represents the psychic potential of the people of your faction, harnessing solar energy to sway enemies, destabilize markets, or call in warp storms. Just like Economy and Science, Psionics is quite efficient when it comes to upgrading other stats. It can also be used easily to help with territory expansion, analogous to Espionage and just behind Military and Influence. Psykers are a valuable – if dangerous – commodity in any growing solar empire.

The table below showcases how much of each stat must be invested in order to increase a different stat. Some stats are simply better at this than others - Economy, Science, and Psionics are the standouts in the this table, for instance – but they come with other drawbacks, such as a lack of defensive utility or real use when it comes to expanding one's borders into independent systems.

Military Espionage Economy Devotion Science Influence Psionics
    MIL - MIL
    5:1
    MIL - ESP
    8:1
    MIL - ECO
    MIL - DEV
    7:1
    MIL - SCI
    MIL - INF
    MIL - PSI
    ESP - MIL
    ESP - ESP
    ESP - ECO
    ESP - DEV
    ESP - SCI
    6:1
    ESP - INF
    ESP - PSI
    ECO - MIL
    ECO - ESP
    ECO - ECO
    ECO - DEV
    ECO - SCI
    ECO - INF
    ECO - PSI
    DEV - MIL
    DEV - ESP
    DEV - ECO
    DEV - DEV
    DEV - SCI
    DEV - INF
    DEV - PSI
    SCI - MIL
    SCI - ESP
    SCI - ECO
    SCI - DEV
    SCI - SCI
    SCI - INF
    SCI - PSI
    INF - MIL
    INF - ESP
    INF - ECO
    INF - DEV
    INF - SCI
    INF - INF
    INF - PSI
    PSI - MIL
    PSI - ESP
    PSI - ECO
    PSI - DEV
    PSI - SCI
    PSI - INF
    PSI - PSI

Spoiler: Territory Expansion
    Show
    One of the major ways to win a Total War game is through Conquest, taking over a majority of the map's territories. Furthermore, increasing a faction's stat cap is only possible through taking more territory. The Principia Sector – the backdrop against which this game is set – is a vast amount of space, comprising thousands of star systems. Most of them are uninhabitable, but those that can support life are ripe for the taking. Each turn, any player can expand their reach into the Principia Sector by taking neutral systems. They can achieve this by investing stats into taking territory. Some statistics are more naturally inclined towards domination than others, namely Military and Influence, while others like Devotion are ill-suited to long term ownership.

However, the Arco-Medean Empire did not leave behind an empty galaxy. Each habitable system that is not already owned by a PC or NPC faction will already be populated to some degree, whether by a splinter faction of the empire or another alien race that has been isolated on their planet. Therefore, taking new territory is hardly a given. No matter the statistic that has been invested, there will usually be some sort of cost associated with taking over an entire star system; the native inhabitants might put up a war of resistance and destroy a ship, or the sharing of new technologies could mean a loss in discoveries. This cost is represented by Attrition. Usually, this resolves in 1 point of stat loss in the stat that was most heavily invested into the conquest. However, victories can be gained if enough resources are spent. Therefore, territories also have a threshold above which there are no Attrition costs.

Here is a table that breaks down the requisite costs for conquering a star system for each stat, both with and without taking any Attrition.

Statistic
    Minimum Investment
    Investment (without Attrition)
    Military
    Espionage
    Economy
    Devotion
    Science
    Influence
    Psionics

Spoiler: Victory Conditions
    Show
    There are three main conditions for victory in the game. The first player (or players) to achieve any of these conditions will win the game – if two players 'win' on the same turn, they may choose to take a draw or find another way to arbitrate a victory.

1. Conquest: This victory condition can only be achieved when the player – or players, in the case of an allied bloc – holds the majority of the star systems in the game. If players choose to form a permanent alliance and the player bloc is less than half of the total players, they need to control 1/3 of the total territories in the game. If half or more of the players are in the bloc, the alliance needs to be in control of 2/3 of the total star systems.
    2. Archeotech: Littered throughout the Principia Sector are ruins of a bygone era, technological marvels left behind by the Arco-Medean Empire. These discoveries range from relatively basic devices to rearrange somebody’s personality and brain chemistry to mass fabricators and weapons of a higher order of warfare. Collecting these items would certainly be a signal to the rest of the galaxy of a worthy successor to the Arco-Medean legacy. To achieve this win condition, a player needs to control at least 1/2 of the total number of Archeotech devices in the game. Just like with Wonders, this victory cannot be shared between two players, although one player may choose to give another a piece of their Archeotech. Furthermore, Archeotech devices can be sabotaged or stolen using the Espionage stat. More details can be found on Archeotech below.
    3. Wonder: A player can build a technological, psionic, or cultural marvel that calls out their power and ability to the world. Players can build a Wonder to win, but it requires the investment of a total of 120 stat points into it. This can only net a victory for the player building it, though other players may choose to help build it. The player building it needs to specify which of their territories it is in and it can't move (except perhaps through the massive use of Psionics). The player who has built a Wonder must hold it for a turn before they win the game. Building can be sabotaged or damaged through the Espionage stat. Wonders can also be raided; a successful raid will deplete the Wonder of 1/2 of its total invested stats, with 1/4 of the total stats going to the player who raided it.

Spoiler: VIPs
    Show
    In any great civilization, there are always those who stand head and shoulders above the rest. Heroes. Villains. Those with great power - whether that be through force of arms, diplomatic skill, scientific genius, or some other form of prowess - are born to lead their factions to victory or defeat. VIPs are the in-game representation of these figures, the people who run your faction. At the beginning of the game, each player will start with a number of VIPs of varying strengths (see Faction Creation for more details). Each VIP has an effective Tier in a different stat, representing its power. For example, a Tier 1 Military VIP might be a veteran captain, while a Tier 4 VIP with the same specialization could be a cybernetic titan capable of wiping out entire enemy armies. VIPs can have a maximum Tier of 4 in any single stat, although any VIP can also earn effective Tiers in different stats.

VIPs can be used in a number of ways. First and foremost, they can help with most kinds of stat investment, offering a bonus equal to their Tier in their stat to that action. The same Tier 1 Military captain would offer an effective +1 to Military when taking over a neutral system. Similarly, any VIP can help with investing in other stats, using the same ratios as their stat specialization. However, VIPs can also be sent out as envoys of a faction to treat personally with other groups of power. This takes the form of a PM (Private Meeting) with the other faction, which cannot be spied on using Espionage. More details can be found in the Messages and Private Messages folder.

There are ways to increase the number of VIPs or improve a faction's existing roster of heroes. The first method require stat investment. In general, the rule of thumb is that it costs 10 invested points per VIP Tier to improve a VIP or raise a new one. For instance, if the faction with the Tier 1 captain wanted to increase his Tier to 2, it would require 10 points of Military. The same faction could also give the captain diplomatic training by spending 10 Influence to make him a Tier 1 Influence VIP. Points can be spent on VIP improvement over multiple turns. The second method to improve VIPs is by gaining 'experience' in supporting an action or through an intergalactic event. If the Tier 1 captain were to help lead a Military operation to take a new star system, he might gain enough experience to rank up to Tier 2.

It is also important to note that VIPs can be killed or disabled through enemy action (usually through Espionage, although other stats can be spent as well).

Spoiler: Messages & Private Messages
    Show
    Most role-playing and action during the turn centers around messages. You can send an unlimited number of messages to other player nations or NPC nations during each turn. To read anyone else's messages, you need Espionage equal or greater than the Devotion of the sender. To make things easy to parse by everyone, your typical message should include your faction's name (color of faction optional), the name of the factions you are addressing, as well as your faction's Devotion score, like this:

Confederacy of Ashkel

Devotion 6

Spoiler: To United Federation of Planets
    Show
    May the Force be with you.

Spoiler: To Galactic Republic
    Show
    Live long and prosper!
    Don't forget that you can also use one of your VIPs for the turn to arrange a PM (Private Meeting) that guarantees 100% security against Espionage - no matter how low your Devotion is compared to the Espionage of others. If you are going to be messaging each other privately, please include the GM to make sure that they can stay in the loop on all intrigue.

I am very aware that players could open spoilers regardless of their Espionage ability to do so, but as with all Total War games, I'm hoping to keep to a gentleman's agreement to never act on knowledge your faction don't have. I will make sure to swiftly kick anyone caught breaking this rule from the game.

Spoiler: Archeotech
    Show
    Although the central systems and the vast majority of the Arco-Medean Empire are gone, they have not left an entirely empty galaxy behind them. Scattered throughout the Principia Sector are remnants of a bygone era: the weapons and other technological marvels that the empire crafted during their golden age. No one knows why exactly they have been left behind – whether the Arco-Medeans simply had no more use for them, didn’t want them wherever they were going, or simply did not have time to collect all of their things before the Ascendency is anyone's guess. All the people of the Sector know for sure is one thing: the legacy of the Arco-Medeans lives on through their brilliance, cast in skymetal and left suspended in the void of space.

Archeotech fulfills a unique role in this particular game. Beyond working as means of winning the game, each piece of Archeotech has a specific function. Just like VIPs, each piece of Archeotech has a Tier from 1-4 that represents its potential power. Archeotech of a lower Tier might include stat investment reductions or useful VIP boosts, while more powerful inventions are weapons that can change the entire surface of galactic conquest. These wonders can be activated by any faction that holds them, respective of their Tier. However, to activate a piece of lost technology carries risks, especially if the ones doing the activation do not understand the principles of the devices they wield. Whenever a player uses a piece of Archeotech, the GM will make an appropriate d% roll during the EoT phase, based on the Tier of the technology and the current Science Threshold of the faction (see below).

Tier
    SCI Threshold
    Malfunction (SCI)
    Malfunction (No SCI)
    10%
    20%
    20%
    40%
    30%
    60%
    40%
    80%

For example, if a player's faction held a piece of Archeotech that was Tier 3, but only currently had a Science stat of 8, activating that device would result in a Malfunction in 60% of the time. However, if this same faction invested enough in Science to boost it to 9, the Malfunction chance would drop to 30%. A Malfunction typically prevents whatever Archeotech function would have occurred for that turn. These events also usually vary in their severity, ranging from mildly malign in the case of lower Tiers to completely catastrophic when it comes to the upper Tier items. Tampering with forbidden knowledge can be tempting, but eventually, somebody will be paying the price for it…

Spoiler: End of Turn
    Show
    A key component of the game is the End of Turn report, which consists of all of your stat allocations for the turn. Please send it to me via PM, with the title: [Faction Name] - EoT Turn [X]

The EoT is a summary of everything your faction is doing / has done for that round. I want you to include each action you are taking. An action constitutes anything you are spending stats on, with a brief spin on the action with some fluff, how much is up to you but do some at least, as I typically take smart plans and justifications onto consideration when determining action success.

I would also like to see what actions your VIPs are taking for the round (whether being used for a PM or to help with another action) and which Archeotech devices you are activating at the end of your turn. Here is an example of a properly formatted EoT report:

Confederacy of Ashkel - EoT Turn 1

Planetary Conquest
    The Confederacy spends 6 MIL + 6 INF + 2 VIP (MIL) to take territories 10 and 16.

Under the guidance of the Nevar'iim, the people of the Confederacy organize their peacekeeping forces to expand their reach on the galaxy! The first overtures to allied planets in their region are diplomatic - invitation to join forces, sharing resources under an allied banner. The ambassadors are respectful, making sure to emphasize unity while still offering relative self-determination to the confederated peoples. These diplomats are joined by missionaries of the Creed of Kel, who spread the word of the Nevar'iim and their story under the heel of the Arco-Medean Empire. Of course, a fleet of starships led by Rhox companies are standing by in orbit, ready to rapid deploy to crush any resistance should any of the local populations prove intractable and unmoved by reason or faith. Leading the charge is Wrax'imun Starbreaker, the veteran Rhox general.

Sermons of Light
    The Confederacy spends 6 DEV to increase DEV to 7.

"Go with the Stone," finishes the message, translated into nearly a hundred different alien tongues and broadcast throughout the entire city through the wireless channels. The words are not spoken so much as hummed at a specific frequency, as the being who utters them is made up of light and living crystal. Amstar-Kainite-Immaculate lights up the transmission chamber, floating roughly between the floor and ceiling at seventeen feet tall. Its nodes and spokes fluctuate in rhythms approximating satisfaction, as the first numbers register the believers' zeal, comparing it to last week's speech. The turnout is positive, higher than ever. Slowly but surely, the message of enlightenment and friendship is spreading. It prepares to devise its report to the rest of its kin.

Best and Brightest
    The Confederacy spends 4 ECO + 1 VIP (ECO) to increase ECO to 5.

The spindly fingers of the Tymorae run over the keyboard, moving the profits from the state-run Space Mining program into the Core Training Initiative. With the influx of new volunteers from the recent conquests, the Confederacy can afford to train recruits in political science, economics, and deep systems analysis. The economics curriculum is designed to be flexible, offering courses on the interplanetary elasticity of products and the kinds of trades necessary across the Confederacy's systems to ensure that there are no shortages. Engineering market demand and matching it with the right amount of supply is a simple goal, but one that the Confederacy hopes to achieve more consistently. Overseeing the Core Training Initiative is Miikulos, the Tymorae CEO of Queral Bank.

Diversity Training
    The Confederacy spends 1 ESP + 1 SCI + 1 PSI + 2 VIP (PSI) to start improving Magnetar in ESP, SCI, and PSI.

The arrayed forces before Magnetar includes instructors - from the newly established Core Training Initiative - in the fields of spycraft, aerospace engineering, and of course psychic potential. The Nevar'iim Speaker knows well that these are the best that the Confederacy has to offer, and relishes the opportunity to attempt its newest feat: akashic self-fission. By splitting its active consciousness three ways, the crystalline energy being hopes to be able to invest time into mastering three different disciplines at the same time. It is not arrogance that drives this being, but necessity. The Confederacy has many enemies, now. It will need leaders equipped to deal with the problems of the future.

VIP Actions
    - Wrax'imun Starbreaker (2 MIL) is used to take territory 10.
    - Miikulos (1 ECO) is used to increase ECO to 5.
    - Magnetar-Seraphite-Everlasting (2 PSI) is used to start improving itself in PSI.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2018-10-18 at 12:54 PM.
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Currently Active Games:
    - Ironfang Invasion (DM)
    - Darkest Dusk (Whisper)

"The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

26. - Top - End - #206
    Orc in the Playground

Cant wait to play this. Has a bit of a "game" feel since the exact means of getting regions are pre-determined but still very interesting.
    Amazing avatar by Gengy

Empire 4- Vampiric Republic turned Vampiric Oligarchy
    Empire 5- Psychic Daddy

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

It looks like you've put a good deal of thought into this, and personally I'm interested in playing.

The only comment I have is that you should take a good look at exactly how much all these rules are going to require you to calculate for each player each turn. Because it adds up quickly.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneStomper View Post
    It looks like you've put a good deal of thought into this, and personally I'm interested in playing.

The only comment I have is that you should take a good look at exactly how much all these rules are going to require you to calculate for each player each turn. Because it adds up quickly.
    Thanks for your input! I'm wary of the amount of time to calculate each turn - I'm honestly expecting at least an hour's work doing all of the work for those - but I've accepted that going in.

To be honest, these are rules I would be implementing either way. Having standard calculations for things before Archeotechs and galactic events helps me cut down on the time I need to reference how much of each stat is invested where. This way, I can just consult my tables and go from there.

Anyhow, I've got a working map of the game's setting! The central stars have disappeared with the Arco-Medeans, but the rest of their colonized star empire is up for grabs.

Spoiler: Sector Map (Pre-Game)
    Show
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Currently Active Games:
    - Ironfang Invasion (DM)
    - Darkest Dusk (Whisper)

"The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

29. - Top - End - #209
    Orc in the Playground

I'm all for it.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

I have made a recruitment thread for a new game in a space opera setting here.