Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1934353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1371
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [RoS] Soldiers of Fortune OOC

    Crafting roll time! If the number of dice are wrong, here's the order I added them so dice can be removed.
    Agility: +8
    Quality tools: +2 for exceptional
    3x normal time: +2
    Drive (gotta have the best bow to help be the best archer): +1
    Probably will use a Luck point but lets see what the rolls are first.

    (13d10)[3][9][10][6][4][1][4][9][6][8][6][8][10](84) TN8 -> Six successes! Guess the Luck reroll can't really add anything more.

    Quote Originally Posted by lacco36 View Post
    Roll PER/TN7 multiply successes by 100. That's the distance from which you spotted them in yards.

    "Them" are two groups. One is on foot, around 15 people. Second one seems like horsemen - not many, but further away (double the distance).
    (7d10)[5][6][6][9][3][1][9](39) TN7 -> 2 successes = 200 yards

    What can I make of the groups? Armed? Extra long weapons? Bows? Disciplined troops? Traders? Monks singing "Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem"? Movement speed? Horsemen keeping their distance from the first group or catching up? Important Intel for a scout to come back with.

    EDIT: From here
    Since as I remember you need 6 successes for a longbow, it's almost finished. However, this will require another roll, if you want it to be fine, it will require at least 3+ successes. Also, the materials roll (1 net success) will allow you to reroll one die in case it fails.
    Had 5 on the first roll, 6 on the second. What did I end up with?
    Last edited by Cavir; 2017-08-07 at 08:17 PM.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Group-Stats for lacco36's [Riddle of Steel] Soldiers of Fortune
    Kricen for J-H's Complex of Doom
    Javartis for GF's RHOD

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  2. - Top - End - #1292
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Slovakia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [RoS] Soldiers of Fortune OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavir View Post
    [roll1] TN7 -> 2 successes = 200 yards

    What can I make of the groups? Armed? Extra long weapons? Bows? Disciplined troops? Traders? Monks singing "Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem"? Movement speed? Horsemen keeping their distance from the first group or catching up? Important Intel for a scout to come back with.
    Had to wait for the distance to be able to answer those.

    Spoiler: Scouting!
    Show

    These two groups are the first ones you've met on this road. Mainly you were meeting just individuals or couples - people living in the forests, or travelers.

    Nazir is quite sure the first group are just farmers - some of them pull wheelbarrows, there are few mules, people carrying children. They have some tools - pitchforks, hoes - and few staffs, and Nazir also thinks he saw few bows.

    The second group is definitely armed - but the conditions (setting sun) are not ideal. He is sure he saw few spears, helmets, but no plate armour.

    The first group has 25 members - maybe more if you count the kids - and the second one consists of 6 horsemen. The first is on foot - trying their best to get a good speed with the mules and children, but failing. The horsemen don't hurry - their horses are trotting - but it's obvious they are gaining on the farmers.

    The farmers will be on group's position in about 5 minutes. At the same time the horsemen catch up with them.

    Oh, and nobody is singing


    Quote Originally Posted by Cavir View Post
    Had 5 on the first roll, 6 on the second. What did I end up with?
    On one hand, I have just found a table, in which a longbow requires 24 successes to craft.

    However, taking into account how well you rolled, and that you still have some Luck...

    Spoiler: Nazir's bow
    Show

    It was... exceptional.

    From first moment when Nazir pulled the string he knew the weapon would be special - and while it could have been even better, had he access to the rare woods of the elven forests, he knew that this was a masterpiece on its own.

    The string sang when he let it go.

    He already had a target in the warehouse, so it was just matter of taking the arrows...

    ...and he was able to place each of them right into the middle of the target.

    Normally, he had to take some time to "know" a bow - but this one responded without any problems, sending off the arrows with speed and precision unmatched...

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Feel free to name the bow.

    Prep time: normal
    ATN 6
    Effective ST: 5-6
    DMG: ST+3 (max 9)
    Armor-piercing (+1 DMG against any armour)
    Range: 25/45/70/120/300
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Yes, that is my name. Feel free to use it.
    Currently GMing:
    Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

  3. - Top - End - #1293
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2014

    Default Re: [RoS] Soldiers of Fortune OOC

    I'd like to mention Uruk's use of his free time will be towards meditation to chill out and study of what he's learned so far in relation to druidic stuff.

  4. - Top - End - #1294
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [RoS] Soldiers of Fortune OOC

    On one hand, I have just found a table, in which a longbow requires 24 successes to craft.
    However, taking into account how well you rolled, and that you still have some Luck...
    Yeah, the different rulebooks vary greatly. If you want to change it now or later I'll go with the flow. That is a sweet bow! I'll spend the Luck to balance things out. Guess a bit of the elven magic in his blood came through from all that focused work!

    My recruit is getting around to start reading about the game/system. I told him if still interested after those basics we'll get Laco involved (with the new recruit thread).
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Group-Stats for lacco36's [Riddle of Steel] Soldiers of Fortune
    Kricen for J-H's Complex of Doom
    Javartis for GF's RHOD

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  5. - Top - End - #1295
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [RoS] Soldiers of Fortune OOC

    Combat question: When using Beat, Expulsion, or Disarm, which ATN do you use, cut or thrust, or is either ok?

    Updating the tables with Luck gone, I realized I only have 4 SAs now. Time to add another one. Some ideas, looking for feedback:

    1) Destiny (unknown?) Possibly dealing with the Riddle of Archery? I'm curious of that path, although I know it is very long term. Could also lead to a replacement of Sinkrin as an enemy later on (a competitor for the secrets) or just adding another minor enemy. Blends with his Drive to be the best archer.

    2) Passion #2: "Civilization is worth defending." In hindsight, this has been a part of Nazir since enlisting, including being a lead scout against Gerric's forces, not making plans to go murder Sinkrin, and not wanting to abandon Zhengar now with enemies on two fronts.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Group-Stats for lacco36's [Riddle of Steel] Soldiers of Fortune
    Kricen for J-H's Complex of Doom
    Javartis for GF's RHOD

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  6. - Top - End - #1296
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Slovakia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [RoS] Soldiers of Fortune OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by XIII View Post
    I'd like to mention Uruk's use of his free time will be towards meditation to chill out and study of what he's learned so far in relation to druidic stuff.
    Noted. We'll further his druidic training soon... I will have a choice for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavir View Post
    Yeah, the different rulebooks vary greatly. If you want to change it now or later I'll go with the flow. That is a sweet bow! I'll spend the Luck to balance things out. Guess a bit of the elven magic in his blood came through from all that focused work!

    My recruit is getting around to start reading about the game/system. I told him if still interested after those basics we'll get Laco involved (with the new recruit thread).
    No problem - the luck balances things out. And I like the description you provided!

    As for the recruit - let me know. I am able to get him into game easily at the moment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavir View Post
    Combat question: When using Beat, Expulsion, or Disarm, which ATN do you use, cut or thrust, or is either ok?
    For most weapons I use cut ATN with beat, DTN with expulsion, for offensive Disarm it's cut ATN, for defensive DTN.

    For Bind & Strike I also use cut, except for Rapier.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavir View Post
    Updating the tables with Luck gone, I realized I only have 4 SAs now. Time to add another one. Some ideas, looking for feedback:

    1) Destiny (unknown?) Possibly dealing with the Riddle of Archery? I'm curious of that path, although I know it is very long term. Could also lead to a replacement of Sinkrin as an enemy later on (a competitor for the secrets) or just adding another minor enemy. Blends with his Drive to be the best archer.

    2) Passion #2: "Civilization is worth defending." In hindsight, this has been a part of Nazir since enlisting, including being a lead scout against Gerric's forces, not making plans to go murder Sinkrin, and not wanting to abandon Zhengar now with enemies on two fronts.
    If you want Destiny, you can set up your path or I can do it - and let you find out through play. "Slay a dragon with one arrow" is a good destiny - but beware, destinies can be taken as metaphoric sometimes...

    Regarding passion... I'm thinking if it wouldn't be better modeled as oath...
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Yes, that is my name. Feel free to use it.
    Currently GMing:
    Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

  7. - Top - End - #1297
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [RoS] Soldiers of Fortune OOC

    RolandDeschain is a go if you want to set that up. He still has a lot of the rules to go through, like we did.

    For when we get to it, dice check: Long shot at horseman
    +7 Proficiency
    +7 Aim
    +1 Drive
    +1 Oath
    -5 Extreme Range (120-300 yards)
    -1 Target moving towards me
    -1 Target moving
    Does trot count as fast moving on a horse? If so another -1
    Downhill bonus?

    Does AP of bow combine with AP of bodkin arrows?

    I was checking the Group Stats with ppl's attributes and noticed differences, both in terms of base scores (totaling more than chargen allows but could be from purchases?) and the calculated stats (round down right?). Could people check their sheets and let me know please? I'll then update the group stats. I'm happy to do so.

    Destiny- is "Solve the Riddles of Archery" too much and/or too soon?
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Group-Stats for lacco36's [Riddle of Steel] Soldiers of Fortune
    Kricen for J-H's Complex of Doom
    Javartis for GF's RHOD

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  8. - Top - End - #1298
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Slovakia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [RoS] Soldiers of Fortune OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavir View Post
    RolandDeschain is a go if you want to set that up. He still has a lot of the rules to go through, like we did.
    Ok. I will open a recruiting thread later today. Should I PM him or post the link here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavir
    For when we get to it, dice check: Long shot at horseman
    +7 Proficiency
    +7 Aim
    +1 Drive
    +1 Oath
    -5 Extreme Range (120-300 yards)
    -1 Target moving towards me
    -1 Target moving
    Does trot count as fast moving on a horse? If so another -1
    Downhill bonus?
    Trot counts as normal movement. "Attacker above defender" in melee counts as +2 dice. However, this being ranged combat... count the range as one lower.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavir
    Does AP of bow combine with AP of bodkin arrows?
    Yes.

    I was checking the Group Stats with ppl's attributes and noticed differences, both in terms of base scores (totaling more than chargen allows but could be from purchases?) and the calculated stats (round down right?). Could people check their sheets and let me know please? I'll then update the group stats. I'm happy to do so.

    Destiny- is "Solve the Riddles of Archery" too much and/or too soon?
    It's never "too soon" for Destiny. It takes its own time and can wait.

    But it's "too much" - you can't solve all the riddles, because there is only one riddle...and uncountable answers (currently around 20 and adding) and finding each would be even above elven lifetime. If we can find a way how to limit it to several...

    "To find the answers hidden in the song of bowstring and live to tell the tale to his grandchildren"...?
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Yes, that is my name. Feel free to use it.
    Currently GMing:
    Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

  9. - Top - End - #1299
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [RoS] Soldiers of Fortune OOC

    Should I PM him or post the link here?
    Probably both so we have it too.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Group-Stats for lacco36's [Riddle of Steel] Soldiers of Fortune
    Kricen for J-H's Complex of Doom
    Javartis for GF's RHOD

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  10. - Top - End - #1300
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2014

    Default Re: [RoS] Soldiers of Fortune OOC

    Choices?! Choices are exciting.

  11. - Top - End - #1301
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [RoS] Soldiers of Fortune OOC

    If they ride on, you'll have 3 rounds in front of you. On third, they will be at the peasants.
    Also, on fourth behind trees - if they don't stay at the peasants.
    Sorry, need clarification. With quick hands I can fire every other round. With aiming, every 3rd round. Am I now ready to fire with just proficiency and on their 4th turn from now they'll be on the farmers (and out of my sight)? If so, looks like I can get off 1 quick shot and 1 aimed shot if we can't steer them towards us. If I'm already aimed with the 2nd arrow then I can get two aimed shots off just before they get hidden by tree. I'm thinking the former option.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Group-Stats for lacco36's [Riddle of Steel] Soldiers of Fortune
    Kricen for J-H's Complex of Doom
    Javartis for GF's RHOD

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  12. - Top - End - #1302
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Slovakia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [RoS] Soldiers of Fortune OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavir View Post
    Sorry, need clarification. With quick hands I can fire every other round. With aiming, every 3rd round. Am I now ready to fire with just proficiency and on their 4th turn from now they'll be on the farmers (and out of my sight)?
    Correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavir
    If so, looks like I can get off 1 quick shot and 1 aimed shot if we can't steer them towards us. If I'm already aimed with the 2nd arrow then I can get two aimed shots off just before they get hidden by tree. I'm thinking the former option.
    Unfortunately, you have just nocked & drawn.
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Yes, that is my name. Feel free to use it.
    Currently GMing:
    Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

  13. - Top - End - #1303
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [RoS] Soldiers of Fortune OOC

    One of the men rose in his saddle and pointed at Nazir, shouting set of short commands - the others quickly spread and continued to ride. This time up the hill, towards Nazir.
    Without a map we need some info. Time to get to me, distance, relative distance for the others (are they between Nazir and the bandits or Nazir and the farmers)? I have a round to draw, so at most I'll say something to the group then wait for the others to act before the bandits get to move again. Is there something distinctive about their leader that I can call out and where is he in the group (far left, second from right?)? Is the rocky hill steep and slowing down the horses? My next target depends on everyone's layout. If I'm the left flank then I'm probably going after the far left bandit.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Group-Stats for lacco36's [Riddle of Steel] Soldiers of Fortune
    Kricen for J-H's Complex of Doom
    Javartis for GF's RHOD

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  14. - Top - End - #1304
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Slovakia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [RoS] Soldiers of Fortune OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavir View Post
    Without a map we need some info. Time to get to me, distance, relative distance for the others (are they between Nazir and the bandits or Nazir and the farmers)? I have a round to draw, so at most I'll say something to the group then wait for the others to act before the bandits get to move again. Is there something distinctive about their leader that I can call out and where is he in the group (far left, second from right?)? Is the rocky hill steep and slowing down the horses? My next target depends on everyone's layout. If I'm the left flank then I'm probably going after the far left bandit.
    Let's do it this way: decide whether you focus on watching the situation or shooting.

    If it's shooting, make a "terrain roll" - roll any amount of dice (maximum is your PER) vs. Tactics or 8 (whichever is lower) and I'll tell you more. The dice come from your MP - so you'll have to aim to compensate if you want to fire. Remember that it's all quite hectic so it will all depend on your skill and on how much you "don't focus" on archery.

    If it's watching the situation, roll PER as above, but you'll have to succeed on REF/7 roll to prep the shot in time.

    One success will give you one answer.

    And in the meantime I will draw a sketch of the situation.
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Yes, that is my name. Feel free to use it.
    Currently GMing:
    Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

  15. - Top - End - #1305
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [RoS] Soldiers of Fortune OOC

    Need to have the others ready and positioned so I'll take the later option hoping I understand it correctly. If I fail the REF roll I get delayed a round, or won't get a shot in at all before they get to me? With the last shot's distance plus now on rocky ground hoping they are slowed some. Either way let me know when I'm up for shooting again. I'm kinda hogging the scene and want to let the others get involved.

    Per/Tactics: (7d10)[4][8][7][6][9][2][7](43) TN 8
    Ref/7: (6d10)[7][8][9][9][9][3](45) TN 7
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Group-Stats for lacco36's [Riddle of Steel] Soldiers of Fortune
    Kricen for J-H's Complex of Doom
    Javartis for GF's RHOD

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  16. - Top - End - #1306
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Slovakia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [RoS] Soldiers of Fortune OOC

    Hey guys,

    sorry for the delay. Spent weekend at in-laws, trying to keep my kid occupied, happy and - preferably - tired enough to fall asleep immediately

    Here's a sketch of the current area.

    Blue arrow = peasants.
    Red arrow = horsemen.
    Blue star = your party.
    Yellow lines = Nazir's previous two arrows.
    White dashed lines = Nazir's two options. He can either stand up on the boulders and fire from there, whenever the guys go through the visible parts, or he can go to the mouth of the clearing on top of the hill, between the two boulders and fire from there.

    For others - there are two choices. Meeting the attackers down there, or waiting for them to get up.

    @Cavir: the "leader" rides first - at least that's what you see before they hit the treeline and vanish from your view.

    Your choices?
    Last edited by lacco36; 2017-08-21 at 11:17 AM.
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Yes, that is my name. Feel free to use it.
    Currently GMing:
    Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

  17. - Top - End - #1307
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [RoS] Soldiers of Fortune OOC

    It looks like the second firing position is on the road where the farmers will be coming around to. With the riders coming at us I'll use the boulder location (bringing my sword with me).

    Are the boulders big enough where they can't melee me from horseback?
    Are they riding in the trees or skirting to their left to stay in the open to move quicker?
    Will I have time/opportunity to shoot again before they get to us?

    Nazir will relay that the riders are coming up to them. The others will have to decide how they want to handle this. If they want to move forward and engage/surprise in the trees they'll have to let me know where they want me. If I can see the riders I can shoot, being on horseback will elevate them for me.

    The setup got me thinking about throwing spears IRL. Throwing a spear upward while riding a horse that is moving uphill vs being on your own feet and being able to use your whole body for the throw.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Group-Stats for lacco36's [Riddle of Steel] Soldiers of Fortune
    Kricen for J-H's Complex of Doom
    Javartis for GF's RHOD

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  18. - Top - End - #1308
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Slovakia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [RoS] Soldiers of Fortune OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavir View Post
    It looks like the second firing position is on the road where the farmers will be coming around to. With the riders coming at us I'll use the boulder location (bringing my sword with me).

    Are the boulders big enough where they can't melee me from horseback?
    Nope. If they get close enough, they can attack you. However, you being on higher ground will give you +2 CP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavir View Post
    Are they riding in the trees or skirting to their left to stay in the open to move quicker?
    They seem to be following road.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavir View Post
    Will I have time/opportunity to shoot again before they get to us?
    On the boulder? Yes. When they come from behind the twist in the road.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavir View Post
    Nazir will relay that the riders are coming up to them. The others will have to decide how they want to handle this. If they want to move forward and engage/surprise in the trees they'll have to let me know where they want me. If I can see the riders I can shoot, being on horseback will elevate them for me.

    The setup got me thinking about throwing spears IRL. Throwing a spear upward while riding a horse that is moving uphill vs being on your own feet and being able to use your whole body for the throw.
    BTW, Anyr/Kate? There's still time for short heroic speech
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Yes, that is my name. Feel free to use it.
    Currently GMing:
    Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

  19. - Top - End - #1309
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [RoS] Soldiers of Fortune OOC

    IC: This time up the hill, towards Nazir.
    OOC: They seem to be following road.
    Are they following the road or coming towards us? If the road I'll change my IC.

    On the boulder? Yes. When they come from behind the twist in the road.
    Sounds like they are following the road and I'll have a shot when they get close to the tail of the white arrow.

    BTW, Anyr/Kate? There's still time for short heroic speech
    Probably that and a repositioning, especially if they aren't coming at us.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Group-Stats for lacco36's [Riddle of Steel] Soldiers of Fortune
    Kricen for J-H's Complex of Doom
    Javartis for GF's RHOD

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  20. - Top - End - #1310
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: [RoS] Soldiers of Fortune OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by lacco36 View Post
    BTW, Anyr/Kate? There's still time for short heroic speech
    Against random bandits? They don't deserve it. Code of Knighthood rule #27: 'Giving a speech every time cheapens the impact. Save them for a special occasion'.

  21. - Top - End - #1311
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: [RoS] Soldiers of Fortune OOC

    So, are all the positional questions settled? Because even after all this time, I'm still not sure whether to post or not.

  22. - Top - End - #1312
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2014

    Default Re: [RoS] Soldiers of Fortune OOC

    Verily, the Code of Knighthood is the backbone of knightly ethics, policy, and procedures; even offering guidelines for different regions should you purchase local copies. With no true knight to squire under, Urukubarr is mostly self-taught through any reading material he could find. Uruk had great difficulty grasping the knightly handbook, "If Looks Could Kill" by the Knight-Baron Weston Don Parker. His explanations on finery vs. function were lost on him, refusing the believe the enemy could be dazzled with sufficient lace and frills. Believing instead that the enemy could be just as easily dazzled by sufficient pommels to the face.

  23. - Top - End - #1313
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2014

    Default Re: [RoS] Soldiers of Fortune OOC

    Uruk awaits commands.

  24. - Top - End - #1314
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Slovakia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [RoS] Soldiers of Fortune OOC

    @Cavir: please roll for the first shot (between trees). Consider the shot being done against fast moving target in very short window of opportunity.

    Since they know about you, they get a chance to "evade". TN 7

    Rider's evasion (5d10)[6][9][9][5][2](31) TN 7

    @Anyr: in next "round", the enemy will ride towards you.

    So please, a short IC statement regarding your preparations.
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Yes, that is my name. Feel free to use it.
    Currently GMing:
    Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

  25. - Top - End - #1315
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [RoS] Soldiers of Fortune OOC

    "Quick shot" so assuming no time to aim.

    Bodkin shot
    +7 Proficiency
    +1 Drive
    +1 Oath
    -1 Medium Range (46-70 yards)
    +1 Downhill bonus
    -1 Target moving towards me
    -2 Target moving fast

    Attack: (6d10)[7][4][4][7][9][1](32) TN 6 -> 3 successes
    Location: (2d6)[3][6](9) -> Zone X
    Accuracy: +/- 2 -> Zone XI
    Targeting order: XIII (Head) / XII (Upper Chest)/ XI (Belly) / IX (Upper Legs)
    Specific location: [roll]1d6[/rol] ->
    Last edited by Cavir; 2017-08-25 at 03:21 PM.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Group-Stats for lacco36's [Riddle of Steel] Soldiers of Fortune
    Kricen for J-H's Complex of Doom
    Javartis for GF's RHOD

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  26. - Top - End - #1316
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [RoS] Soldiers of Fortune OOC

    Specific location: (1d6)[1] -> Lower Abs

    Damage:
    8 (base)
    -1 bodkin
    +3 successes
    -2 evasion successes
    -2 on their AV
    Last edited by Cavir; 2017-08-25 at 03:24 PM.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Group-Stats for lacco36's [Riddle of Steel] Soldiers of Fortune
    Kricen for J-H's Complex of Doom
    Javartis for GF's RHOD

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  27. - Top - End - #1317
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: [RoS] Soldiers of Fortune OOC

    Apologies for the late post. Between all the debate on tactical details, I hesitated. Even now, I worry that I've missed some detail that will doom us all.

  28. - Top - End - #1318
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Slovakia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [RoS] Soldiers of Fortune OOC

    No worries, the details that will most probably lead to any kind of doom are yet to be unveiled

    Also: I'm officially on vacation, spending time with family. It's cutting into my posting time. Regular posting commences next week, irregular is possible even now.
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Yes, that is my name. Feel free to use it.
    Currently GMing:
    Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

  29. - Top - End - #1319
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [RoS] Soldiers of Fortune OOC

    The men are now 1 round away.
    If anyone has something they want to do, state it now.
    If not... Initiative!
    The obvious question from me- since they were going through the woods am I ready to fire now? If so I'll have full aim next round? Thinking I'll use the full aim that round and count on my faster reflex to fire first in that round to have fewer penalties. Even if I have to shoot into melee my aim will more than make up for it but will make things challenging as people on both sides pick targets and may have to change targets.

    Also, any sign of injury/slowness from the one I already hit? Since our melee is outnumbered I'll fire on one of the ones that would be doubling up on us. I believe we are facing 4 with one hit at this point.

    I'm going away for the long weekend later today. Not sure about posting while gone.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Group-Stats for lacco36's [Riddle of Steel] Soldiers of Fortune
    Kricen for J-H's Complex of Doom
    Javartis for GF's RHOD

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  30. - Top - End - #1320
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Slovakia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [RoS] Soldiers of Fortune OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavir View Post
    The obvious question from me- since they were going through the woods am I ready to fire now? If so I'll have full aim next round? Thinking I'll use the full aim that round and count on my faster reflex to fire first in that round to have fewer penalties. Even if I have to shoot into melee my aim will more than make up for it but will make things challenging as people on both sides pick targets and may have to change targets.

    Also, any sign of injury/slowness from the one I already hit? Since our melee is outnumbered I'll fire on one of the ones that would be doubling up on us. I believe we are facing 4 with one hit at this point.

    I'm going away for the long weekend later today. Not sure about posting while gone.
    It's safe to assume that once they are in sight, you are ready to start aiming.

    One point though: remember you want to kill in one shot... otherwise it can become an issue with your Oath and Drive...

    No signs of injury as far as you can tell. You see the broken arrow-shaft sticking from his flank, but it looks like he is able to fight.

    You are correct - the party is facing four enemies. They are charging the party, with no formation - one of them seem to run towards Uruk, the one with arrow runs towards Kate, the tall one towards Gerric and one seems to have chosen you as his target.

    Should be able to post this evening (in 8+ hours).
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Yes, that is my name. Feel free to use it.
    Currently GMing:
    Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •