New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: D&D Aangvanced (Avatar: The Last Airbender Screencap Comic)

Allie's a high school senior, Mac's a college dropout. They never met until the Avatar campaign (but Lex always came home with stories).
    . . .

2. - Top - End - #842
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Okay I was confused by this comic where Allie says that her friends ask for Mac's help to cheat on thier math tests, but I guess her friends could have just heard about her somewhere.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ettin in the Playground

I like this take on Kokoro Connect, it's going to give our cast the chance to work through some of their hang ups with one another. Whether that's a healthy way of dealing with things is another question, but it'll be fun to watch at least

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

4. - Top - End - #844
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

"When was Mac ever not a surly robot ?" Easy : when math jokes are involved ! And lately, when she's around Allie.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Dwarf in the Playground

That's possibly true. She's even singing backup!

Now that the comic's fully written, we're getting three updates a day again!
    . . .

6. - Top - End - #846
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Aeons View Post
    Now that the comic's fully written, we're getting three updates a day again!
    Yeah!

7. - Top - End - #847
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

#1777 : I'll be in the corner, fangirling over that MacxAllie moment at the end of the strip.

8. - Top - End - #848
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Ok, Shelby is in a food rush for a like a dozen of strips!
    Poor Lex

I'm a bit sad when I saw Manny and Rube finding normal the Lin-Su relationship

9. - Top - End - #849
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

I've seen a lot of campaigns destroyed or ending up badly, but nowhere near this much drama.
    The stakes are so big outside of the game...

10. - Top - End - #850
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I feel like this has already been confirmed and I'm just stupidly forgetful . . . But Shelby is pregnant, right?

And despite how the canon ending played out . . . I'd be a little disappointed if Allie and Mac became a couple.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JohanOfKitten View Post
    I've seen a lot of campaigns destroyed or ending up badly, but nowhere near this much drama.
    The stakes are so big outside of the game...
    They're pretty big inside the game now too! I think Simon's the toughest opponent they've ever faced.

Quote Originally Posted by Chantelune View Post
    #1777 : I'll be in the corner, fangirling over that MacxAllie moment at the end of the strip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shogo View Post
    I feel like this has already been confirmed and I'm just stupidly forgetful . . . But Shelby is pregnant, right?

And despite how the canon ending played out . . . I'd be a little disappointed if Allie and Mac became a couple.
    Alright, one of you is getting disappointed...

And didn't Johan guess Shelby getting pregnant a while back?
    . . .

12. - Top - End - #852
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

So Allie got kicked out of the cheerleaders?
    Poor girl...

I just hope that doesn't pull her down too much much.
    Group's negative enough already.
    I mean, I would say her friends will help her, but...
    Yeah, not happening with those clowns.
    This will end in tears and blood.

And hopefully there was a good reason- didn't she skip training a few times? Letting slide her duties would be a good start.
    Because waiting until after she helped with the fundraiser is already a jerk move without it being for some stupid reason.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

13. - Top - End - #853
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Yeah, getting kicked out of something sucks . . . But she got kicked out of something she was already planning to quit.

It's hard to bristle with righteous indignation when the cheer squad just beat Allie to the punch. Which is exactly what she thinks happened, since she says she thinks they already knew she was planning to quit.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

A lot happened in the last few days... Things get straight toward the finale!

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Aeons View Post
    And didn't Johan guess Shelby getting pregnant a while back?
    I might have said so... My own wife pregnancy's hunger might have lead me on this road

The cheerleader move was really a jerk move, I totally agree with you. Kicked her out when she's not enough involved anymore in the activity, fine (even if a talk about it before something like that is better), but the fundraiser thing is clearly a poor taste use of her infirmity. They used her to be have a better image and collect more money by pushing on pity side (plus the pair of hands of voluntary work during the fundraiser). And being considered just like an infirm is really something that Allie don't like.

Some thought about the season 3 finale.
    Spoiler: Spoiler of Korra book 3 (and a bit of book 4)
    Show

Things will get ugly...
    The conjunction between the ending of the campaign (not just the arc), Simon taking ascendent in antagonism, Allie being kicked off the cheersquad and the mental (and physical) state of Korra after the battle with Zaheer, makes me think that Peepy will be pretty down and crushed pretty soon. Her steeldice set might get taken/destroyed/turned against her. She will be powerless, gameless... If her spirit is crushed, she might distance herself of the group and isolate herself.

I was wondering if Suyin would be Rick's NPC as well... I've my answer now. That bring two things :
    - Rick's imitation of the Ramirez brothers is harsh for now, but the finale battle with Lin and Su fighting together will be a nnice touch to seal hope for their relationship.
    - Rick alignement is on the line here. P'li's death is the most chocking and powerfull death in LoK (in my opinion). With high stakes, will Rick still stay the same and stay a lawful-good guy that is just trying to do the best for all, or will he try to protect his friends at all cost (seeing that Simon is going too far, and maybe Betty is criticising the group dynamics) and will do the think he couldn't do until then, even for the BBEG of Aang arc? Will Rick finally kill another PC?

For the finale, I'm wondering if Rube will play Korra's father and then Manny will take Mako character. It would lead to a deathly confrontation between Manny and DJ... Maybe we'll see more about their relationship. They must have been friends at some point (or more ? ), but the Manny's bad actions had pushed her away...
    Anyway, since sunday, I've the stupid idea of having Manny blocking DJ's music... and then DJ bring Ming-Hua in the lower cave, get her phone out or something and start playing "Please don't stop the music" (Which will bring her at least 10 auto-success for her next rolls, let's be honest )

15. - Top - End - #855
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Speaking of jerk moves, tricking the other players into thinking the dinner break means the game is paused takes it to new heights, even for this group.

Sure, some of Manny's stunts are worse* :cough:drugging Lex :cough:, but it's still a contender for a top spot.

*Especially as a whole.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    Speaking of jerk moves, tricking the other players into thinking the dinner break means the game is paused takes it to new heights, even for this group.

Sure, some of Manny's stunts are worse* :cough:drugging Lex :cough:, but it's still a contender for a top spot.

*Especially as a whole.
    True!

Using some meta situation to express the characters surprise might be an original situation for a game, but the whole set up, with the move to another place without anydice to fight back when they return in the game, that's really jerky.

And Rick was their accomplice in all that.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Shelby's not pregnant, she's just sick!
    End of the mystery, thanks Rick.

Trying this hard to avoid conflict is problematic at some point.

Shelby's hunger apart, HUGE reveal this week-end. Savarem project... Holy sh** !
    Metal benders are a bunch of clones?!
    As we got Toph dead and Toph's daughter in the next arc, I've always guessed that she survived the fall (like, bending the earth at the impact and going deep inside it, like in a soft mattress or something) and then kept hiding for whatever.
    So I was totally surprised by this reveal.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aurilee View Post
    Lin also presents an interesting mystery! How did Toph have a kid? Cloning? Bloodbending-necromancy?

I looked back at the strip where she "died", but we never see a body. There was a funeral, but again, no body was seen. Rick mentioned resurrecting her, but she refused. So all we know is that she fell and was apparently at -10HP.

Considering Rick mentioned bringing her back in a trailing off kinda way, and Lin is his DMPC...I wouldn't be surprised if Aang and Katara did something to bring Toph back.

OR...to parallel the mystery of Lin's father in the show, Toph was never really brought back, but Lin (and her sister presumably) were somehow reborn from Toph (again, probably using bending trickery by Katara/Aang, maybe some type of bloodbending) and Toph is still dead.
    Forever angry that Aurilee called this EXACTLY way back.

ON THE FIRST TRY.
    Last edited by DeadpanSal; 2018-04-09 at 03:08 AM.
    . . .

19. - Top - End - #859
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Well done aurilee

20. - Top - End - #860
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

It gets heavy!

So Shelby was indeed in love (or thinking she was in love) with her friend's big bro... I've always thought so (I should have mentionned it there though... That looks like a cheap shot now )

Lex is really bad at knowing his friends... He's about to be married, to be a father... and he doesn't seems to know anything about Shelby's ex(es)?!

21. - Top - End - #861
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

A higher bounty than Luke?
    Considering the ridiculous in One Piece that's actually quite impressive.

Also, I still can't believe how perfectly in character for Luffy that was.
    Choosing a bounty as a reward is definitely something he would do...

And what is that about a fake artist?
    Is Damien seriously hiding from his popularity behind Allie?
    I can see that ending well.
    But at least she gets a birthday cake out of it.
    That way everybody wins.
    Doubly so when Shelby and Lex decide they want him to bake their wedding cake too.
    Well, cakes. Considering Shelby's sweet tooth they'll need a backup.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Dwarf in the Playground

Is Manny working for Mary Weers? People who guessed right - about half.
    Why is Shelby eating so much? People who guessed right - everyone. (But Johan was first)
    How did Toph bear children? People who guessed right - just Aurilee!
    Mystery Two! People who guessed it - ZERO!

More mysteries to come!
    . . .

23. - Top - End - #863
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Oh god
    I'm afraid to understand...

Zaheer and P'li are SAVAREM too?!

Is that what Rick talked about in #1819 by "It was another thirty years before the company could successfuly move from copies to returning the dead... The results were catastrophic."?

I feel so ashamed. The hook was there, quite clear, and I was just thinking "Humm, that must hide something. Maybe next page will tell us more... Oh, look, some fun blatters about Shelby pregnancy! Ah ah, Rick is silly."
    The diversion works, I missed the whole point! I should have list the possible resurrections and the characters that may be one of those...

24. - Top - End - #864
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

I've a crazy theory for the future of our dear Bolin, after reading the today update.

Spoiler: end of season 3 of LOK and beginning of 4th
    Show

Damien will give lavabending to Bolin during the rescue, for this is the last chance to save the party. But he then knows he's doomed to die.

During the big final fight with fun Jim, the battle ends badly and Damien sacrifices his character to save Rube. The screens of the last minutes of the season will just be cut to skip Bolin on them.
    (I've always found a bit fishy how the bad guy is ending the fight by a big "I'll die, but I'm taking both with me by buring the whole cave with rocks and lava" and the next time with see Mako and Bolin, they're outside, with no scratch like nothing happened )

For next campaign, SAVAREM society will resurrect his character (explaining why we got Bolin on the "wrong side" at the beginning.

Plus, Kuvira will definitely be a SAVAREM product too. Of who? That's the big question.
    I'm not sure if Kyoshi was Rube and Manny's mother's character or not, but if she was and Kuvira is her (twisted) resurrection, It would be big

25. - Top - End - #865
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Ok, now it's just getting ugly...

Betty acts all nice and like a very empathic person in general, but it hides her heartless and cruel face. She'll do anything to get her objectives, no matter what, even if it hurts people on the way... Specialy if hurting people on the way increases her odds to get what she wants.
    Simon is manipulative and cocky. He's a great tactician and he likes rub ones faces on the pedestal of his might. That's just sadistic.

They used, twice now, dishonest ways to trick other players (not just tin game stuff, but really doing some treacherous manoeuvres outside of game).

Simon's is pretending he and Betty are playing Lawful Good characters... I know it's part of the lie to Allie in the spirit world, but I think they justified their means and goals the same way that he did then...

DJ and Fun Jim are just fun players playings evil characters...
    But Betty and Simon are evil players.

I'm really looking forward their demise.

(Not that I dislike their writing though. They're interesting and rich antagonists and they're making the stakes higher than ever.)

26. - Top - End - #866
    Dwarf in the Playground

And uh... now for . . .

...a musical interlude? What the hell.
    . . .

27. - Top - End - #867
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

They relax as they can
    That wouldn't be relaxing at all for me though.

What bugs me is that I can't find if there's some real songs behind it (specially Rube's monologue).

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

So, it sounds something went wrong at the wedding. SoIaF style.

Lex Chidori thing is great.
    And possibly (part of) what went wrong.
    I foresee lots of ruined outfits...
    Would still do it though.

And is it just me or was Mackenzie a little bit flustered after allowing Allie to call her Macky?
    Last edited by Kantaki; 2018-05-14 at 12:06 AM.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

So, it sounds something went wrong at the wedding. SoIaF style.
    Well, with a ceremony named "[Insert color] wedding", Lexbie cursed themselves on this one.

But the how is the real mystery.
    I don't have the right chronology, but I feel like it's too soon for a childbirth in front of the altar.

Maybe what's happened wasn't a bad thing, but a bit of surprise, helped with booze and party.
    Like a Maclie (Allenzie?) drunken dance

And is it just me or was Mackenzie a little bit flustered after allowing Allie to call her Macky?
    Yes she did

30. - Top - End - #870
    Dwarf in the Playground

Her bubble changed color a little!

Quote Originally Posted by JohanOfKitten View Post
    Well, with a ceremony named "[Insert color] wedding", Lexbie cursed themselves on this one.
    Unless it's a white wedding. That just means when the ceremony is over you start again.
    . . .