New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: (INC) The Bellows of War- Battle Thread!!

Kamoru jumped slightly, jarred out of her reverie. "Oh, um, I'm pretty fast and light; good reflexes, good head for tactics. I usually go for one-on-one with an enemy, but I have Niyolaku for backup. He's my wolf companion. I'm pretty good with animals. I like to be prepared for anything. I know some basic first aid, too. I doubt I could restore someone to combat-readiness, but I could at least keep them from bleeding to death! I know my brother looks like the type who could dish out some pain in battle, and he can if he has to, but that's just really not his forte. He's the healer, I'm the fighter." Kamoru looked Billy in the eyes, "Is that what you wanted to know?" she asked.
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show

Spoiler: Inaemehkiwak (Ina)
    Show

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Billy smiles warmly to her as she explains. He does not break eye contact while she speaks.

"Yes. Thats the sort of information I was looking for. A Duelist fighting style with a Wolf Pet for back up. Noted. But more so, I actually thought the two of you would flee from the Princes attentions once in the city, but because it seems you will be in our company longer, what is your name?"
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

"Not really a duelist; I don't use swords, or usually any weapon..." She shook her head, "My name's Kamoru, and it's not like the elf kidnapped us or anything like that. I don't need to run and hide from him. " She lowered her voice and leaned towards Billy with a wry expression. "He annoys me, that's all." Kamoru leaned back and raised her voice again and added, "If nothing else, Alloishus helped me get some armor his people specialize in making, so I'm not going to act like an ingrate."
    Show

Show

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Billy nodded in confirmation when she spoke about not using swords.

"I didnt mean to imply the use of weapons, I am the prince's teacher in Combat, so I was speaking of duelist as a broad term of one on one combat, rather then the concept of some swashbuckler or muskateer. I am well aware of the draw that Prince Alloishus has with his personality. It is nice to meet you Kamoru, I am Weapon's Master Billy Robbins. "

He then turns back to the man who made the Bard comment a moment before.

"The winner of a fight is the man who strikes when the iron is hot. The winner must know themselves, and their capabilties, so that others can know when to rely upon them."

He extends his hand toward the man.

"How might we rely upon you?"
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2016-03-04 at 02:22 PM.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Well...Billy was it? You may call me Trelane," he said clasping the offered hand, "As for my talents, let's say I'm a former member of the Thieves' Guild...former because the Solkari overran it a few years ago," he clenched his other fist tight as he said this, "I'm one of the few survivors, possibly the only one, because I haven't run into anyone from those days since. However I still have the skills I learned from them. I'm a knife fighting, master of disguise who speaks half a dozen languages including that of the Duegar slaves that serve the Solkari. I've had some experience on their turf too. I've experienced the types of booby traps they may set first hand. While you and the rest of Prince Al's entourage are obviously foreigners, I've lived here all my life, so whatever you need from around here, I'm the man to find it. I've also trained in desert survival and know some first aid. How's that for a resume?"
    Festival of Heroes

Markas Fletcher (Male Human Monk):
    bald, approaching middle age, but very fit.

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Billy Nods in approval as the man speaks. Gripping his hand firmly in greeting before releasing it.

"Impressive. A Rogue type will always be useful where ever we go. Your experiance in language will no doubt be needed. Those who stand with me gain additional benefit from flanking with those who stand amongst me. While we are foreign to the city, we are not foreign to the task at hand. But beleive me when I say, the Solkari will pay for every innocent life taken. I hope we can find your fallen comrads rest in the afterlife through your blade."
    Festival of Heroes:

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Kamoru slanted a look at Trelane, surprised. She thought about their earlier conversation and felt a twinge of embarrassment mixed with confusion. I guess I misjudged him, she thought, he can't be as easily trusting as he seemed, so he must've been up to something. But then again, maybe not, since it doesn't seem likely he'd admit to being a thief now, if he did. She puzzled over it in her mind for a moment longer, but her thoughts kept circling back around to the missing Graymane family.
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2016-03-04 at 02:59 PM.
    Show

Show

8. - Top - End - #68

RedWizardGuy

Trelane then looked at Kamoru with a bit of sadness, "Kamoru...I know you hope to find survivors at the Greymane's home, but the Solkari are not known for their mercy. They are most likely dead so I wouldn't get my hopes too high if I were you. The only slim chance they may have had would've been to run so if they succeeded, we wouldn't find a trace of them in that case either. I'm not saying we won't try to find out what happened to them, but just...I'd hate for this first mission to be your last because this won't be a cakewalk. It's going to be traumatic. I speak from experience on this."
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Kamoru shook her head, expression turning grim. "Honestly, I don't really hope or expect to find them alive, it's just..." she hesitated, frowning. "Well, my brother... Ah, he's an oracle, and at night sometimes--most of the time--he has prophetic dreams. Last night included. He caught up with me this morning to tell me about it. It's cryptic, to say the least, but what else would you expect, right?" She sighed and fidgeted with her pocket.
    "I think there's a chance we will find them, and it won't be pretty. But it's more that I worry there might be a trap or ambush or something."
    She met Trelane's gaze sharply. "Don't think that I'm some kind of dainty fainting lady with 'the vapors' here, it's not like that. You're not the only one who's seen things."
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2016-03-04 at 03:28 PM.
    Show

Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Closing his spellbook having finished up studying his spells for the day, Alloishus looked up with a serious look. "I hope no one has to die, but in war, this hope is unrealistic."

Alloishus perked up quickly though. "If there is a trap, my familiar, Vivian, will see it. She can scout ahead from the air."
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

11. - Top - End - #71

RedWizardGuy

Trelane, once again held his arms to try to show he didn't mean any offense, "I'm sorry Kamoru. I didn't mean to imply you were weak-willed. It's just...even someone who's 'seen things' would be horrified at the Solkari's atrocities. I wanted to make sure you were prepared," then he showed a small smirk, "But I can see you do have some fire in you. That's good. And your brother's an oracle. That will make things...interesting to say the least."
    Last edited by paladin_artea; 2016-03-04 at 04:55 PM.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Billy looks towards his student.

"well spoken your highness. war is without mercy. "

He turns back toward the two he was already talking to.

"It's not a competition. Everyone here has seen atrocities of varied degrees that has affected each of us in a unique manner, to attempt to compare and weigh them against each other would belittle those experiences. "

He looks away in thought. Thinking back to lost friends. He snaps back to attention as if someone had dropped a glass.

" we cannot change the past. but with our our hands. we can set.a course for a better future"
    Festival of Heroes:

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Kamoru looked at Alloishus with uncertainty. "Vivian is certainly helpful, but she can only spot danger from above, not below. If there's something underground, like a pitfall or a trapdoor with enemies under it, or anything like that, she might miss it."
    She looked back at Trelane and said flatly, "I'm used to being underestimated. When enemies do it, it's helpful. But allies need to believe in each other and trust each other. I don't want you to waste resources or take undue risks playing hero for the 'damsel in distress' when it's not needed. I also don't want you to take on more than you can handle because you're afraid to ask me for help." She smiled slightly, trying to look a touch friendlier.

But the smile faded after a moment and she looked away. "Besides, the Solkari aren't the only ones capable of atrocities. At least with them you know not to expect mercy! Unlike--" she stopped short and clammed up, folding her arms across her chest, mouth tight. "Nevermind, that's besides the point," she muttered.
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2016-03-05 at 10:55 AM.
    Show

Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

On second thought, why don't you wait here for any latecomersss and then catch up when you're able. I ssseem to remember, you're pretty good at that. Osman said to the old man before getting the rest of you ready to go.

With the party gathered you head west out of town and walk until just after noon. You walk through fields that once grew grains but have recently been burned to the ground. A few trees dot the landscape and on the horizon you See the tops of grain silos, a barn and a farmhouse.
    Last edited by STDM Grizzly Ad; 2016-03-04 at 07:49 PM.
    To all things there is an end. With every end, a new beginning.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

While on the move, Billy's eyes seem to glaze over with a dimmest pure white light. He looks around casually as the group moves, scouting with his eyes. He talks and looks towards people when they speak, it gives the impression that he can see more.

Spoiler: DM
    Show
    While traveling and until I say otherwise, Billy is in eyes of the Crane Stance, which gives him 60 foot Detect Evil. and can roll twice to over come concealment. 1st round pings if there is any evil within 60 feet of my cone. he will looker harder if a ping goes off.

As the group spots the farmstead Billy inhales deeply.

"We are here, I would suggest we leave the wagon and carriage and form up, Moving in formation, if this a trap, I can defend us all better that way. "
    Festival of Heroes:

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

"Alloishus, we should put on our armor now, before we go further," Kamoru said grimly. She reached into the wagon and pulled out her leaf armor and put it on. "Niyolaku," she said, "heel!" Niyolaku came around behind her and followed closely.

Kamoru stopped, and listened intently.

Show
    Perception check: (1d20+14)[33]
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"A suggestion well met." Alloishus replied.

He put his leaf armor on quickly enough and left his backpack in his carriage. His mace was at his side. His composite bow, quiver, and curved sword on his back. Vivian rested on his shoulders.

He had a feeling he should get serious.

Show

Alloishus casts Detect Magic and scans the area they're heading to for magical auras.
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2016-03-04 at 08:37 PM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

The blue-skinned man in gray robes rides up on a horse. He has no weapons or armor. He moves up alongside Osman and nods respectfully. "Forgive my tardiness," he says formally, "I needed to prepare my magic based on the parameters of this mission. As per your instructions, I have concentrated on surveillance, anti-enemy surveillance, and support spells for today's encounter. I, of course, am also a competent magical healer, and am prepared to use my energies on that aspect of combat if necessary. With skill and fortitude, none should lose their lives this day."

"Now, Master Osman. I am prepared to cast both scrying and anti-scrying at your word."
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

19. - Top - End - #79

RedWizardGuy

Trelane wondered what Kamoru was going to say before she cut herself off, but he shrugged his shoulders "Everyone has something from their past they'd rather keep to themselves. She'll open up if she wants." They traveled in silence until they arrived at the farm. He was already wearing his weapons and armor but from his pack he grabbed a few of the more necessary supplies. "Perhaps I should take this chance to scout around too.

Show
    Perception check: (1d20+10)[20]
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Kamoru waved at the newcomer, gesturing for quiet. "I heard something, over by that tree by the farmhouse!" she hissed, pointing. "And look--" she pointed down at the ground around them and leading towards the tree. "Tracks. It looks like some people were marching, but it looks like there was also a scuffle. I think there's something over there. We should be careful. I still think there could be a trap."
    Show

Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"Vivian. Scout the farmhouse, but keep your distance." Alloishus commanded.

Handle Animal
    (1d20+5)[6]

Alloishus concentrated on the farmhouse and the tree beside it. As they get closer, eventually he'd be close enough to scan the area. He drew his bow and loaded an arrow.

Perception
    (1d20+6)[10]

He scanned the area of approach with his regular vision.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Billy moves forward of the group, watching Trelane go forth to scout.

"Okay boys and girls. lets set up formation. "

He closes his eyes for a moment as he taps into his own martial power.

Show
    Until other wise stated, using Feat Martial Power, gives a -3 to attack, and gives 6 Temporary HP until the next round until it resets back to 6 again, wither or not damage is taken.

Spoiler: PC's
    Show
    Indomitable Prescence As long as you stay within 30 feet of Billy, you gain the Feat Die Hard. and a +3 to Fortitude saves versus death effects, fatigue or exhaustion effects, or poison effects as a morale bonus.

"Osman to my Immediate Left. Kamoru to my Immediate Front. Hanar, Immediatly Behind me. Your Highness, to my immediate right,If we stay together, we will fight as one, and no force will stand against us. Stay in Rank, and as we approach, dont leave formation especially if they have numbers. Formation will keep them from surrounding us."
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2016-03-04 at 09:42 PM.
    Festival of Heroes:

23. - Top - End - #83

RedWizardGuy

Trelane stopped when he was about 100 feet from the cart and held up his hand to warn the others not to approach any closer. He gestured with his hands that he was going to attempt to check the area for possible traps.

Spoiler: PCs
    Show
    Linguistics check to make his signs make sense for the others. (1d20+8)[14]

Show
    Checking for traps (1d20+10)[26]
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Vivian ignored Alloishus' command. He huffed in annoyance.

"Yes, Master." He replied to Billy.

Alloishus got in position and focused at Trelane, ready to supply cover fire.

"I've got Trelane's back." He whispered.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Kamoru stepped up in front of Billy, keeping on the balls of her feet with her hands in fists at chest level, in a posture of readiness. She kept her eyes and ears open for danger. Niyolaku followed, his hackles raised in response to the obvious tension.
    Show

Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Osman falls into formation and draws his rapier. The thin foil sings as it is pulled from its frog.

27. - Top - End - #87

RedWizardGuy

Trelane called out to the others, "Okay seems safe. There were some traps here but some poor souls already tripped them. There's no signs of what happened to them after. I think we should go around this area a bit before heading in further."
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Billy Nods as almost everyone has fallen in Rank but Hanar.

"Hanar, Catch up once you have made your preparations. Formation, Forward march!"

Billy begins to move the formation toward the farmstead around the trapped area at a speed of 20, allowing for size and armor of the formation. He continues to gaze around, waiting for a ping from his supernatural sense from his pure white eyes.

"Trelane, Fall in Rank behind Osman so you will be able to swing out at the right moment to take advantage of any who might face us."

Spoiler: PC's
    Show
    While withing 30 ft of Billy, you also get an additional +1 bonus to attack when flanking with an ally for a total of +3 when flanking.
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2016-03-04 at 10:14 PM.
    Festival of Heroes:

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Alloishus refocused on his magic.

Show
    Alloishus recasts Detect Magic to continue to scan the area.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

As you draw closer you see a quaint country farm house, a matching barn and a few grain silos behind them.

Moving at a speed of 20 it takes 1 minute, 30 seconds to reach the farmyard. (Map will come tomorrow)
    Last edited by STDM Grizzly Ad; 2016-03-04 at 10:40 PM.