New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. V: You Joined the Cavalry.

Slightly creepy episode, with more than its share of unexpected moments.

Spoiler: Best Line
    Show
    May: "On the bright side, maybe I'll get to kill him too."

Damn but she takes a breakup hard.

Spoiler: Daisy + Lincoln = 0.000
    Show
    Once again we have to sit through a tepid, dimensionless scene with Daisy and Lincoln, both of whom look like they'd rather be anywhere else than playing two characters supposedly in love. Chloe's not even trying anymore.

Spoiler: Awkward Moments in S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Show
    And while Daisy and Lincoln are having this intense, revelatory conversation in the back of the quinjet, the pilots just out of sight in the cockpit are stuck listening to the latest installment of Days of Our Inhumans.

In fact, apart from a brief establishing shot when the quinjet first heads off, the camera conveniently forgets the pilots for the rest of the episode--even when Daisy and Lincoln are talking about activating the Secret Warriors. Hey, don't the pilots get a say in anything?

Spoiler: Worst Villain Containment Design
    Show
    So, what, the isolation pods are sealed with ordinary elevator doors?

I really don't get how those doors aren't interlocking five different ways. If they can keep Lash contained, I have a hard time buying that they could simply be pried open telekinetically.

Spoiler: Sacrifices Must Be Made
    Show
    Well, once again, I didn't see that coming.

We were just getting to know Malik's daughter, and I expected she'd be playing a role for the rest of the season. Another fake-out from a show that seems to take a gleeful pleasure in killing off characters we've just met.

On the other hand, it says something that they're able to evoke actual sympathy for Malik. I'm surprised Malik didn't try to brain Ward right there in the study--although maybe that's the cowardly side of Malik holding back again.

Spoiler: The Shrapnel-Free Land Mine
    Show
    I'm no expert on buried explosives, but I'm pretty sure that being ten feet away from an exploding land mine is just as lethal as being on top of it. I can think of several ways that Lincoln and Daisy could've cooperated to disable the thing, which may or may not actually work, but "hold it down and back a few feet away" is worse than any of them.

Spoiler: It's Kit Fisto!
    Show
    At least, that's what tentacle-Ward looked like from behind, minus the green lightsaber and the perpetual grin.

So, having just established that Hive is a community of parasites, now it can shapechange into a grey-tentacled monstrosity as well? Now I'm all confused again.

Spoiler: ...And Starlord Lost His Ball
    Show
    When the Australian guy first pulled the Kree sphere from the coffee can (which was hilarious in itself) my first thought was that it was the gizmo that Starlord used in GotG. I think the Kree sphere is a fair amount larger, but is there enough of a family resemblance to hint at a connection? Or is this just another random alien sphere? Seriously, they all look alike to me.

Also, the condensed version of Inhuman history, especially with the Roman Inhuman (did I hear that right?) left me absolutely baffled, like I hadn't done the reading for class. Was this a major reveal, that the Inhumans banded together to banish Hive to the alien world, or was this a recap that we're all supposed to remember?

For that matter, I'm not sure how Hive is both an Inhuman and also a communal parasite. Was he the one intended to lead the other Inhumans, or is that someone else?

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Hive Backstory
    Show
    The way I understood it was the Roman Inhuman specially bred to lead Inhumanity and subsequently banished is the Hive. We are just now learning that he was so incredibly badass that it took a union of humans and Inhumans to do the job. His terrigenesis turned him into a gross tentacle monster comprised of tiny parasites that he has the power to control. These parasites are useful for, at minimum, consuming flesh, absorbing memories, and driving dead bodies around.

Did I miss anything?
    Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    Show
    I'm no expert on buried explosives, but I'm pretty sure that being ten feet away from an exploding land mine is just as lethal as being on top of it. I can think of several ways that Lincoln and Daisy could've cooperated to disable the thing, which may or may not actually work, but "hold it down and back a few feet away" is worse than any of them.
    Depends on the mine. Maimed people take more effort to recover and care for than dead ones.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

It's interesting to see how Hydra was a multi-faceted organization with multiple paths to world domination. They've had their fingers in everything from aerial weapons platforms to super soldiers to Infinity Gems-based technology and finally this nasty little cult centred around Hive.

However, it seems odd that Whitehall should think so little of the Malick family and their ritual sacrifices when he spent so much effort trying to acquire a Kree artifact himself.
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2016-04-13 at 02:57 AM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Daisy + Lincoln = 0.000
    Show
    Once again we have to sit through a tepid, dimensionless scene with Daisy and Lincoln, both of whom look like they'd rather be anywhere else than playing two characters supposedly in love. Chloe's not even trying anymore.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ugh. So much this. Even the writing felt phoned in at this point. "I have a dark past." "Yeah, I know. Anger and drinking." "Oh, but you don't know. Anger and drinking and an ex-girlfriend!" "Wow. Awesome. Can we have a scene cut now?"

Spoiler: ...And Starlord Lost His Ball
    Show
    When the Australian guy first pulled the Kree sphere from the coffee can (which was hilarious in itself) my first thought was that it was the gizmo that Starlord used in GotG. I think the Kree sphere is a fair amount larger, but is there enough of a family resemblance to hint at a connection? Or is this just another random alien sphere? Seriously, they all look alike to me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's Kree-racist.

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, the condensed version of Inhuman history, especially with the Roman Inhuman (did I hear that right?) left me absolutely baffled, like I hadn't done the reading for class. Was this a major reveal, that the Inhumans banded together to banish Hive to the alien world, or was this a recap that we're all supposed to remember?

For that matter, I'm not sure how Hive is both an Inhuman and also a communal parasite. Was he the one intended to lead the other Inhumans, or is that someone else?
    Spoiler
    Show
    It was a recap. I remember somebody else talking about it in the previous season, when Hydra was discussing the stone and the creature sealed beyond it. But this episode did a lot of "hit you over the head" data dumps, because as an audience we apparently miss things.

Like every statement about Squid!Ward. Seriously, some Sherlock Holmes leaps there. "Ward is alive!" "That's not Ward. It's something possessing Ward." "Really? How'd you get there?" "Script said so." "Wait, you guys! It's not possessing him, it's a parasite!" "Wha?" "Script." "Ah." "Also, it controls little critters." "Really?" "No, actually, it is the critters." "... What?"

These were basically there for the benefit of the audience, because let's face it, nobody would have made those leaps otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Candle Jack View Post
    However, it seems odd that Whitehall should think so little of the Malick family and their ritual sacrifices when he spent so much effort trying to acquire a Kree artifact himself.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a different beast. Whitehall's interest in the Kree artifact stemmed from his interest in Inhuman powers, which in turn stemmed from his interest in SCIENCE!!! Whitehall was more interested in concrete roads to power. He was old-school Science!Hydra. The Malicks, on the other hand, were old-school Cult!Hydra, or Pre-Hydra, which was all about "the only road to power is to bring back the Hydra God."

Whitehall was a pragmatist. Inhumans are something you can study. Kree artifacts are something you can study. The "Hydra God" is a religious symbol, the Stone Ceremony a worthless ritual with no proven value.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Was Daisy being massively hypocritical in this episode or was it supposed to be character development? "No one should be given a choice about becoming an inhuman through eating random foodstuff, the powers we get are given for a specific purpose. Even if it completely destroys a Family." to "No I get to decide who gets powers based the judgement of an evil dictator who attempted genocide and my boyfriend."

7. - Top - End - #217
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by GAZ View Post
    Spoiler: Hive Backstory
    Show
    The way I understood it was the Roman Inhuman specially bred to lead Inhumanity and subsequently banished is the Hive. We are just now learning that he was so incredibly badass that it took a union of humans and Inhumans to do the job. His terrigenesis turned him into a gross tentacle monster comprised of tiny parasites that he has the power to control. These parasites are useful for, at minimum, consuming flesh, absorbing memories, and driving dead bodies around.

Did I miss anything?
    Spoiler
    Show
    No, I don't believe you forgot anything. Although I thought that the Kree experiments went further back than 2 and a half millennia, somewhere on the order of 10000 years with Neandertals in the comics. Also have to give Brett Dalton some MAJOR points for switching personas on a dime. Finally, nice use of Whitehall/Rhinehardt and Reed Diamond to emphasis the differences in HYDRA's factions.
    Wizard's First Rule: People will believe anything, either because they want it to be true, or they are afraid it is true.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by Red Fel
    That's Kree-racist.
    No, no, no. I totally respect all Kree and Kree-like lifeforms. It's just their technology I can't tell apart.

Originally Posted by Red Fel
    These were basically there for the benefit of the audience, because let's face it, nobody would have made those leaps otherwise.
    I couldn't make those leaps even with the script.

Although I do have the excuse that any scene with Malick's daughter had me quite distracted.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    Was Daisy being massively hypocritical in this episode or was it supposed to be character development? "No one should be given a choice about becoming an inhuman through eating random foodstuff, the powers we get are given for a specific purpose. Even if it completely destroys a Family." to "No I get to decide who gets powers based the judgement of an evil dictator who attempted genocide and my boyfriend."
    It's not so much "hypocrisy" as "evolution."

We've seen Daisy go through stages. In this season, she started with "Inhumanity is a birthright and a culture and we have to share it with all of these people." Then she doubled down with "A vaccine is wrong, it robs these people of their destiny!" Then she backpedaled a bit with, "Okay, there are some people who hate Inhumans, but that's just haters." Then a bit more with, "Oh, wow, that guy's story is tragic. To think that anyone might suffer like that... I can see why he'd want to protect his daughter." Then even more with Andrew, just Andrew. And now, we've got, "Okay, okay, I guess some people really don't deserve this."

In theory, the whole point was to show her position evolving from "Inhumans must become Inhumans," to "This may be more complicated than I thought."
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Except she never shows any of that she just swings wildly all over the place rather than showing the small changes that would actually make it seem like she's changing her mind. Instead she just looks like she does whatever she wants to.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Except she never shows any of that she just swings wildly all over the place rather than showing the small changes that would actually make it seem like she's changing her mind. Instead she just looks like she does whatever she wants to.
    Well, do recall that it was Lincoln that brought Terrigenesis Crystal on the mission.
    Wizard's First Rule: People will believe anything, either because they want it to be true, or they are afraid it is true.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Alignment: Chaotic Hypocritical, eh? Sounds like Skye...

(Confession: I always have an odd urge to call her "Skype.")
    Spoiler
    Show

So the song runs on, with shift and change,
    Through the years that have no name,
    And the late notes soar to a higher range,
    But the theme is still the same.
    Man's battle-cry and the guns' reply
    Blend in with the old, old rhyme
    That was traced in the score of the strata marks
    While millenniums winked like campfire sparks
    Down the winds of unguessed time. -- 4th Stanza, The Bad Lands, Badger Clark

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordRahl6 View Post
    Well, do recall that it was Lincoln that brought Terrigenesis Crystal on the mission.
    Yeah, but he's all crazy and unpredictable because he had a zany drinking problem and some wacky anger issues.

Honestly, they need to get rid of this character. He does nothing for the series. Let's consider.

- Experience? None, except for his vanishingly limited knowledge of Afterlife and Inhuman culture and history. Which doesn't help and they end up having to ask somebody else anyway.
    - Plot function? There is nobody on the team that couldn't sub in for him. Need a medical background? We've got Simmons. An Inhuman? Daisy. An Inhuman who knows stuff? As this past episode shows, we have to look outside the team anyway. A moody pseudo-teen? Daisy again.
    - Power? He holds out his hand and shoots stuff. Know who else does that? Daisy. Same pose, too. Also, guns work.
    - Personality? Coulson's discarded hands have more.
    - Romance? He and Daisy have all the chemistry of oil mixed with water.
    - Eye-candy? He ain't Mack. Just sayin'.
    - Humor? ... Damn, I miss Hunter.

Lincoln needs to go, is my point. He's like He-Daisy, and one Daisy is frequently one too many.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Psion View Post
    Alignment: Chaotic Hypocritical, eh? Sounds like Skye...

(Confession: I always have an odd urge to call her "Skype.")
    I've been waiting since Season 1 for Coulson to make some comment along the lines of: "You can't take Skye from me!" Presumably so he can follow up with something about burning land and boiling seas...
    Quote Originally Posted by Who
    Loving that fluff, loving it so much. If that fluff was a person I'd marry it.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    Spoiler: More landmine fun
    Show
    Of course, the whole triggering mechanism is a shockingly transparent Hollywood fantasy landmine anyway. I can't imagine a reason for not having a mine set to go off when the pressure plate is depressed. It's a weapon trigger; when a trigger is activated, it's supposed to go off. Having a double-action pressure plate on a land mine would just allow situations like this -- enabling the escape of an adversary when simply having it go off when activated achieves either a kill or a blown-off foot and lower leg, depending on the mine's design.

On a related note, one of my favorite World War II pictures is an exhausted German Panzergrenadier sleeping with his head pillowed squarely on the pressure plate of a huge anti-tank mine. Though it looks dangerous, he actually couldn't set it off by jumping up and down on it, probably, due to the pressure setting. Still must take a bit of nerve to use a live landmine as a pillow, though.

Spoiler: Edit: another landmine thought
    Show
    Even worse, the other landmines apparently go off correctly. When Daisy starts shakin' it (sorry, couldn't resist ), the other ones just detonate. So that one had an even more transparently Hollywood Plot Device triggering mechanism because the particular one the character steps on works differently from the others.

Still enjoyed the episode, though, with the exception of the cringeworthy Lincoln/Daisy stuff. To tell you the truth, I liked the Australian better than Lincoln.

For a non-spoileriffic question, and in the matter of trivial details -- were Ward's ears always this weird-looking? I can't go back and check yet, but they looked pretty strange in a couple of shots.
    Last edited by Bulldog Psion; 2016-04-13 at 06:28 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Lincoln
    Show

Yeah i must confess im tired of the guy as well.
    For that matter i kinda lost every shred of respect from him and Daisy when they broke their word.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

They needed someone with experience playing a person with superpowers. As The Tomorrow People was just canceled before they started the Inhuman Storyline, Luke Mitchell was available. Robbie Amell was too busy taking his shirt off for a movie or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by OvisCaedo View Post
    Rules existing are a dire threat to the divine power of the DM.

18. - Top - End - #228

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Psion View Post
    Spoiler: More landmine fun
    Show
    Of course, the whole triggering mechanism is a shockingly transparent Hollywood fantasy landmine anyway. I can't imagine a reason for not having a mine set to go off when the pressure plate is depressed. It's a weapon trigger; when a trigger is activated, it's supposed to go off. Having a double-action pressure plate on a land mine would just allow situations like this -- enabling the escape of an adversary when simply having it go off when activated achieves either a kill or a blown-off foot and lower leg, depending on the mine's design.

On a related note, one of my favorite World War II pictures is an exhausted German Panzergrenadier sleeping with his head pillowed squarely on the pressure plate of a huge anti-tank mine. Though it looks dangerous, he actually couldn't set it off by jumping up and down on it, probably, due to the pressure setting. Still must take a bit of nerve to use a live landmine as a pillow, though.
    You might want to look up Bouncing Betties. A landmine that goes off when you step on it just takes off the foot/lower leg. A double action plate results in the charge doing rather more damage.

Also, if the person just freezes after hearing that click, they and the rest of the unit become sitting ducks for your unit.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Firbolg in the Playground

I think they probably have listened to people complaining about Lincoln; I have a strong hunch he's the one who's going up in space and not coming back. But we'll have to wait a bit to see if that pans out.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Pex View Post
    They needed someone with experience playing a person with superpowers. As The Tomorrow People was just canceled before they started the Inhuman Storyline, Luke Mitchell was available. Robbie Amell was too busy taking his shirt off for a movie or something.
    Robbie was busy merging with Victor Garber and bursting into flames in his cousin Stephen's universe.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

So I got around to watching this series up to current point. Mr Coulson's Wild Ride was going real well but I'm not feeling it since the fish oil. All this inhuman stuff has severely undermined its own concept of normies against superstuff. Except for Intergalactic Adventures of Agent Simmons (the bestest thing they did since Clairvoyant twist), everything else has been mostly meh. And I severely dislike Prettyboy and all of his dumb angst, at least fakeWard had logical reasons to exist as the genericly handsome guy on the cast (in fact, he's still on the cast).

I love May and Fitz. They keep the show on track. Coulson is a giant dork and has his moments. Ward's actor is an awesome dude and I support his continued existence in whatever form. They'd better dial down on the supers however, before the series loses all of its point.
    Founder of the Fanclub of the (Late) Chief of Cliffport Police Department (He shall live forever in our hearts)
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!
    Shameless shill:

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Like every statement about Squid!Ward. Seriously, some Sherlock Holmes leaps there. "Ward is alive!" "That's not Ward. It's something possessing Ward." "Really? How'd you get there?" "Script said so." "Wait, you guys! It's not possessing him, it's a parasite!" "Wha?" "Script." "Ah." "Also, it controls little critters." "Really?" "No, actually, it is the critters." "... What?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Honestly, that part seemed pretty straightforward. The team already knows that there was a nasty monster on the alien planet that hopped into dead bodies and possessed, and Fitz (the one who originally said "That's not Ward" got a very good look at Ward getting very inescapably killed. The leap from "Ward definitely died on a planet with a possession monster, and now he's definitely alive again" to "Ward is probably possessed by the possession monster from the previous planet" is pretty easy.

Similarly, the team had eyes on Ward-monster entering a room with two other people with well-established powers, and then everyone in the room was devoured by weird alien-seeming parasites, in a manner identical to how someone on the alien planet was mysteriously killed. This isn't much of a leap to "that weird creature has the power to create or control these little guys, which based on our scientific tests could probably re-animate dead flesh". From there, "what if the re-animating force actually is these little guys, and that's why Ward was interested in weird tech to reinforce parasite species" is a bit of a theory, but not a stretch.

Everything with Lincoln is dumb though.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: new episode
    Show

Dalton continues to do an amazing job at what he does. Though this new character is a flesh eating monster from another planet I like it more than Ward...
    But I can't say I was too surprised at his choice of victim. Not that it was smarter but it's so much jucier.

Also agreeing with the Linconl-haters... this love story so far has brought pretty much zero enjoyment.

And SHIELD containment cells are apparently pretty useless... as well as SHIELD's skill at watching over captives.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Show

And SHIELD containment cells are apparently pretty useless... as well as SHIELD's skill at watching over captives.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what's even worse? Those doors proved to be designed by an idiot for the sole purpose of allowing an entire plotline of the oh-so-popular Daisy and Lincoln to save the day and rescue all the characters viewers actually like!
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Heck, didn't they make a special point in one episode of the fact that the cells can be made to pump tranquilisers into the air supply or something like that? You have to go through all that trouble to catch him in the first place, just tranq him until you can put him into something permanent and secure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Who
    Loving that fluff, loving it so much. If that fluff was a person I'd marry it.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Honestly, that part seemed pretty straightforward. The team already knows that there was a nasty monster on the alien planet that hopped into dead bodies and possessed, and Fitz (the one who originally said "That's not Ward" got a very good look at Ward getting very inescapably killed. The leap from "Ward definitely died on a planet with a possession monster, and now he's definitely alive again" to "Ward is probably possessed by the possession monster from the previous planet" is pretty easy.

Similarly, the team had eyes on Ward-monster entering a room with two other people with well-established powers, and then everyone in the room was devoured by weird alien-seeming parasites, in a manner identical to how someone on the alien planet was mysteriously killed. This isn't much of a leap to "that weird creature has the power to create or control these little guys, which based on our scientific tests could probably re-animate dead flesh". From there, "what if the re-animating force actually is these little guys, and that's why Ward was interested in weird tech to reinforce parasite species" is a bit of a theory, but not a stretch.

Everything with Lincoln is dumb though.
    Spoiler
    Show

Yeah. There was a huge leap in logic earlier on when Coulson was pondering whether Mallick was reporting to "someone else, or something else" in the episode about the UN conference on the Inhumans that I recall as way too prescient, but not putting the pieces to Ward's resurrection together at this point with the amount of evidence they have between them would seem silly to me.

As to Lincoln and Daisy's badlands adventure --

Spoiler
    Show

I didn't see much in the way of intended romance between Lincoln and Daisy in the last episode, I saw mostly an attempt to build up Lincoln's character using Daisy as a logical justification for doing so and I suspect in an attempt to build pathos before his death as part of the whole vision mystery thing - though I've said that before when he wasn't killed by Lash. The trajectory I think he's on is a sacrifice ending, I don't think they just want to kill him off without seemingly doing the work to make him a character however.

As to Lincoln & Daisy tricking that Australian guy, unless you're ambivalent to giving everyone superpowers regardless of what you know about their personal character it hardly seems unreasonable.

They're also fighting an apparent ancient xenocidal Inhuman which they know astoundingly little about beyond it's going around killing people, has the resources of current Hydra, and is in the body of their former nemesis - taking somewhat morally questionable steps to retrieve information about it that a man himself stole in the first place again seems like it's easy to justify.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reddish Mage View Post
    It's similarly a mixed entity in the comics. SHIELD is nominally UN but the US effectively controlled it and used it to enforce Registration.
    Fair enough, but it still jars that they don't care about jurisdiction 90 % of the time, but it's suddenly very important in a very specific way in one episode. I mean
    Spoiler
    Show
    A couple of episodes ago they were caught red handed breaking into the rooms of diplomats that came in good faith to discuss what to do about the inhumans at a symposium, and nobody mentioned anything about consequences from the relevant countries then.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Yeah. There was a huge leap in logic earlier on when Coulson was pondering whether Mallick was reporting to "someone else, or something else" in the episode about the UN conference on the Inhumans that I recall as way too prescient, but not putting the pieces to Ward's resurrection together at this point with the amount of evidence they have between them would seem silly to me.

As to Lincoln and Daisy's badlands adventure --

Spoiler
    Show

I didn't see much in the way of intended romance between Lincoln and Daisy in the last episode, I saw mostly an attempt to build up Lincoln's character using Daisy as a logical justification for doing so and I suspect in an attempt to build pathos before his death as part of the whole vision mystery thing - though I've said that before when he wasn't killed by Lash. The trajectory I think he's on is a sacrifice ending, I don't think they just want to kill him off without seemingly doing the work to make him a character however.

As to Lincoln & Daisy tricking that Australian guy, unless you're ambivalent to giving everyone superpowers regardless of what you know about their personal character it hardly seems unreasonable.

They're also fighting an apparent ancient xenocidal Inhuman which they know astoundingly little about beyond it's going around killing people, has the resources of current Hydra, and is in the body of their former nemesis - taking somewhat morally questionable steps to retrieve information about it that a man himself stole in the first place again seems like it's easy to justify.

I am really not a fan of "good guys" making deals, breaking them, and all the other funny grey morals that they've been doing with SHIELD (the implied justifiable racism against Inhumans is disturbing).

Also it's still funny they have so many compunctions about killing...yet Lincoln proves himself to Coulson because he would attack someone apparently defenseless without adequate reason just on orders (although disappointed Lincoln didn't kill on command).

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Guard View Post
    Fair enough, but it still jars that they don't care about jurisdiction 90 % of the time, but it's suddenly very important in a very specific way in one episode. I mean
    Spoiler
    Show
    A couple of episodes ago they were caught red handed breaking into the rooms of diplomats that came in good faith to discuss what to do about the inhumans at a symposium, and nobody mentioned anything about consequences from the relevant countries then.
    For the record, I'm not a fan either. Even the World Council in Captain America seemed like the one point in that movie that nearly strained credulity to the breaking point. Okay that and the giant flying helicarrier drones was a little silly and MODOK...
    Last edited by Reddish Mage; 2016-04-16 at 12:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

I am really not a fan of "good guys" making deals, breaking them, and all the other funny grey morals that they've been doing with SHIELD (the implied justifiable racism against Inhumans is disturbing).
    Yeah, actually i think there is a large difference between tricking someone, and breaking a deal made in good faith.
    I think the australian guy had a rather good point. I certainly cant imagine him being less worthy of powers than Lincoln.

I dont like that him and Daisy have now decided they get to chose who gets powers or not either.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

30. - Top - End - #240
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Yeah, actually i think there is a large difference between tricking someone, and breaking a deal made in good faith.
    I think the australian guy had a rather good point. I certainly cant imagine him being less worthy of powers than Lincoln.

I dont like that him and Daisy have now decided they get to chose who gets powers or not either.
    Understandable point regarding how Lincoln and his powers, but what really is a letdown after the how Daisy been acting lately is how she was able to go with the flow of refusing him powers. Was it because she was going to have her leg blow off?