New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: IC Ljonarian Enigma: Tournament Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by aReallyGreatAxe View Post
    "Get rid of the lights? I don't know if the high cleric..." He winces. "Well, she knows where to find you."

Rowan concentrates for a moment, and the lights stop flashing around those who had fought the summoner.
    Spoiler: cwater
    Show
    assuming a partial cancellation is possible, it's probably best to leave them on the enemy caster.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, of course.

He turns to Aerin and Darian. "It's nice to meet you! Or, meet you when there are no lions involved. I'm Rowan, looks like you've already met my sister."
    Darian gives Rowan a nod. "Your healing was most appreciated, as was the help of your sister."

They all wait for a short moment outside the temple, but soon a cleric pops out to invite them in. The High Cleric is waiting for them in the hall, identifiable by her more ornate robes. Her expression is patient, but stern. "I welcome you to the temple, good warriors and young noble. I am Ethanna, Springhaven's High Cleric of Illyrie. I'm afraid weapons are not allowed in our temple beyond this room, but instead of going through the hassle of asking you to remove them, I though we would just speak here. Now, I have been told this mage", she gestures towards the unconscious half-elf, "is the source of all this trouble, but no one knows his motives. Since the rest of you have not thus broken any laws of the land, I see no reason to keep you, though I would wish to know your names and where you can be found, just in case you are needed later. Is there anything you wish to add?" She looks at every one in turn and raises an eyebrow. "I see your sister, did not choose to join us, Rowan."

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    Eglantine gave Rowan a quick kiss on the cheek and then started off down the street. "Rowan knows where we live and where I work. If I haven't gotten fired!" With that she booked it back to Vindal. Out of breath she gave him the payment. "Sorry for - my lateness. - There was- an accident. - I had to - get Rowan - to heal." Hands on her knees she started breathing slower, catching her breath.
    When Eglantine gets back, Ynna is still manning the stall, currently haggling with black bearded dwarf, who is interested in buying a resistance cloak (she's not doing incredibly well by the sounds of it). Vindal and another man Eglantine doesn't recognise are standing at the back of their small merchant tent, talking in a low voice. The man is well-dressed and looks to be mostly human, though there is something slightly elvish about his features.

Spoiler
    Show
    Eggy can eavesdrop with a Listen check, interrupt them, or just wait until they are finished talking.
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CWater View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, of course.

They all wait for a short moment outside the temple, but soon a cleric pops out to invite them in. The High Cleric is waiting for them in the hall, identifiable by her more ornate robes. Her expression is patient, but stern. "I welcome you to the temple, good warriors and young noble. I am Ethanna, Springhaven's High Cleric of Illyrie. I'm afraid weapons are not allowed in our temple beyond this room, but instead of going through the hassle of asking you to remove them, I though we would just speak here. Now, I have been told this mage", she gestures towards the unconscious half-elf, "is the source of all this trouble, but no one knows his motives. Since the rest of you have not thus broken any laws of the land, I see no reason to keep you, though I would wish to know your names and where you can be found, just in case you are needed later. Is there anything you wish to add?" She looks at every one in turn and raises an eyebrow. "I see your sister, did not choose to join us, Rowan."
    Rowan nods nervously. "I hope that's alright- she has her work to do. I can get her to come along later, if you need that."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Colossus in the Playground

"I suppose I can leave him with you," Aerin grunts, dropping the assassin unceremoniously to the floor. "Careful, he tried to turn into some kind of mist thing. I'm kind of curious about why he did this. You going to be okay?" she asks the young elf, then turns back to Ethanna and adds, "My name's Aerin Thorn. I've been staying at
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    here I realize I don't know a way for her to identify the lodging house where she's staying.
    "

4. - Top - End - #154

When Eglantine gets back, Ynna is still manning the stall, currently haggling with black bearded dwarf, who is interested in buying a resistance cloak (she's not doing incredibly well by the sounds of it). Vindal and another man Eglantine doesn't recognise are standing at the back of their small merchant tent, talking in a low voice. The man is well-dressed and looks to be mostly human, though there is something slightly elvish about his features.

Spoiler
    Show
    Eggy can eavesdrop with a Listen check, interrupt them, or just wait until they are finished talking.
    Eglantine noticed the conversation and stayed hunched over in the guise of catching her breath, her ears straining to hear the conversation. She felt a little guilty but a part of her was very suspicious of elves after that afternoons events.

Spoiler: Listen Check
    Show
    Since I believe this counts as a new encounter, inspiration should refresh.
    If that is the case please add +4 to the check below (Cunning Knowledge (Listen))

(1d20+1)[21]

EDIT: Guess it won't really matter, still I was going to use it so I still do (if it can be used). Apparently Eggy is a snoop :P
    Last edited by Athedia; 2016-08-20 at 09:59 PM.
    Moved my stuff over to HERE!

5. - Top - End - #155

Griffon

Rowan nods nervously. "I hope that's alright- she has her work to do. I can get her to come along later, if you need that."
    "It is alright, Rowan", Ethanna replies calmly, "We'll send word if she is needed. This matter has quite messed up our schedules, but Sister Sura will surely have some work for you, if you're not otherwise occupied."

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    "I suppose I can leave him with you," Aerin grunts, dropping the assassin unceremoniously to the floor. "Careful, he tried to turn into some kind of mist thing. I'm kind of curious about why he did this. You going to be okay?" she asks the young elf, then turns back to Ethanna and adds, "My name's Aerin Thorn. I've been staying at
    Show
    here I realize I don't know a way for her to identify the lodging house where she's staying.
    "
    Spoiler: OOC, all
    Show
    Oh right! The house you're all staying in is located on a street called Witch Track, in an area known as Mistmoor. (Though there is no moor there now and mist only occasionally.) Street numbers are not used in Springhaven, so it's customary to name the owner of the house when giving one's address.

The High Cleric nods and gestures to her clerics to collect the half-elf and carry him through the doors to the left.

"I'm going to meet my father", Darian says, "I have already been healed, so there is no need for me to stay here."

Ethanna frowns slightly. "It seems to me we can't be sure if this killer was acting alone. It might be safest you to remain here for now."

Spoiler
    Show
    If Aerin wants to leave, she can do so now. Or she can also stay at the temple to explore it or talk to Rowan or any of the clerics that are around. If she would like some more healing (she still has 15 damage, if my notes are correct), the clerics will provide it.

Eglantine noticed the conversation and stayed hunched over in the guise of catching her breath, her ears straining to hear the conversation. She felt a little guilty but a part of her was very suspicious of elves after that afternoons events.

Spoiler: Listen Check
    Show
    Since I believe this counts as a new encounter, inspiration should refresh.
    If that is the case please add +4 to the check below (Cunning Knowledge (Listen))

[roll0]

EDIT: Guess it won't really matter, still I was going to use it so I still do (if it can be used). Apparently Eggy is a snoop :P
    "I have no interest in this job", Eglantine hears Vindal say to the other man.
    "Come now, Master Vindal, you know that is not an answer I can bring back", the man replies, "Nor is it one you can give."
    Vindal's frown deepens. "An order of these in this quantity is illegal, do you know that?"
    "You need not worry, it has the blessing of the crown. I will have an official permit arranged, if you so desire."
    "I still don't want it."
    "Vindal Ebon, you know full well that there is no choice in this matter. Unless you'd like to try your luck in life outside the protection of our borders, hm?"
    Vindal pales and his mouth thins to a stern line. He makes no answer.
    "Good", the man places a coin purse in the elven craftsman's hand, "here is some down payment, for the materials and such. I'll see to it that details are sent to your workshop, good day!" Then he turned and walked away.

Vindal stayed where the conversation had left him, staring at the canvas at the back of the tent. He stood there a good while, until he remembered his surroundings again and noticed Eglantine. "Oh, Eggy. You're back."

6. - Top - End - #156

"Unless you want to change your earlier answer and say you know this guy, it's a personal grudge, and he would have been acting entirely alone, I would not advise going anywhere without protection," Aerin tells the young elf. After a brief internal struggle, she adds, "I can accompany you to your father, if you want."

Show
    She'll accept any healing that is offered.

7. - Top - End - #157

"It is alright, Rowan", Ethanna replies calmly, "We'll send word if she is needed. This matter has quite messed up our schedules, but Sister Sura will surely have some work for you, if you're not otherwise occupied."

Spoiler: OOC, all
    Show
    Oh right! The house you're all staying in is located on a street called Witch Track, in an area known as Mistmoor. (Though there is no moor there now and mist only occasionally.) Street numbers are not used in Springhaven, so it's customary to name the owner of the house when giving one's address.

The High Cleric nods and gestures to her clerics to collect the half-elf and carry him through the doors to the left.

"I'm going to meet my father", Darian says, "I have already been healed, so there is no need for me to stay here."

Ethanna frowns slightly. "It seems to me we can't be sure if this killer was acting alone. It might be safest you to remain here for now."

Spoiler
    Show
    If Aerin wants to leave, she can do so now. Or she can also stay at the temple to explore it or talk to Rowan or any of the clerics that are around. If she would like some more healing (she still has 15 damage, if my notes are correct), the clerics will provide it.

"I have no interest in this job", Eglantine hears Vindal say to the other man.
    "Come now, Master Vindal, you know that is not an answer I can bring back", the man replies, "Nor is it one you can give."
    Vindal's frown deepens. "An order of these in this quantity is illegal, do you know that?"
    "You need not worry, it has the blessing of the crown. I will have an official permit arranged, if you so desire."
    "I still don't want it."
    "Vindal Ebon, you know full well that there is no choice in this matter. Unless you'd like to try your luck in life outside the protection of our borders, hm?"
    Vindal pales and his mouth thins to a stern line. He makes no answer.
    "Good", the man places a coin purse in the elven craftsman's hand, "here is some down payment, for the materials and such. I'll see to it that details are sent to your workshop, good day!" Then he turned and walked away.

Vindal stayed where the conversation had left him, staring at the canvas at the back of the tent. He stood there a good while, until he remembered his surroundings again and noticed Eglantine. "Oh, Eggy. You're back."
    Eglantine straightened up and watched the man leave. She turned back to Vindal and crossed her arms, a perturbed look on her face. "Who was that? I don't like mysteries, especially after what happened today. That errand you sent me on? There were two assassination attempts on a young man, half elf noble brat. Someone summoned lions to attack us when we were trying to get him to safety. And Master Vindal, you don't talk so quiet as you used too." She spoke quietly, carefully counting out the payment from the belts. "Though urgency to use the belts made him want to pay up faster, I will say that. But Vindal. Something is going on with the tournament. Something is going on with here."

8. - Top - End - #158

Griffon

"Unless you want to change your earlier answer and say you know this guy, it's a personal grudge, and he would have been acting entirely alone, I would not advise going anywhere without protection," Aerin tells the young elf. After a brief internal struggle, she adds, "I can accompany you to your father, if you want."

Show
    She'll accept any healing that is offered.
    "I would recommend you to accept", the High Cleric agrees, "Actually...", she turns to Rowan, "it might be that you would do best to go with them. Your duties at the temple will wait, there is no haste here. But people are not as considerate."

Spoiler
    Show
    Aerin is healed to full HP.

Anything else either of you would like to say here? Otherwise, we'll move forward.

Eglantine straightened up and watched the man leave. She turned back to Vindal and crossed her arms, a perturbed look on her face. "Who was that? I don't like mysteries, especially after what happened today. That errand you sent me on? There were two assassination attempts on a young man, half elf noble brat. Someone summoned lions to attack us when we were trying to get him to safety. And Master Vindal, you don't talk so quiet as you used too." She spoke quietly, carefully counting out the payment from the belts. "Though urgency to use the belts made him want to pay up faster, I will say that. But Vindal. Something is going on with the tournament. Something is going on with here."
    Spoiler: Note
    Show
    The noble was a full elf, the assassin was a halfie.

Vindal turns slowly, a distant expression on his face. "Oh, Eggy. You're back." A pause. "Sounds like you had a colourful afternoon. That was Marquis Garland's man who just left, we have a new order to work on, I will tell you about it later. Now...", he looks around and sighs, looking almost sad, "I think I'll return to the workshop. I'll send Olyvar here once I get there, would you watch over things until he comes? Then you can have rest of the day off."

Spoiler: Eglantine
    Show
    It's a bit strange that he says she can leave early on a tournament day, when you would expect everyone to be asked to work hard all day long, either at the stall or the store. Though Vindal is a bit of a absent-minded person, so it's not entirely out of character.
    Last edited by CWater; 2016-08-28 at 03:08 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"I would recommend you to accept", the High Cleric agrees, "Actually...", she turns to Rowan, "it might be that you would do best to go with them. Your duties at the temple will wait, there is no haste here. But people are not as considerate."

Spoiler
    Show
    Aerin is healed to full HP.

Anything else either of you would like to say here? Otherwise, we'll move forward.

As they leave the temple, Rowan turns to Aerin. "So, you're the new neighbor Ms. Mellow was talking about! Welcome to Springhaven. I swear, it's not usually like this. The worst problem we've had for ages is Mr. Oak's frogs. Watch your step in the evenings, by the way, stepping on them isn't pleasant for you or the frog."

10. - Top - End - #160

"This...Mr. Oak keeps frogs and lets them out at night?" Aerie asks, raising an eyebrow.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"This...Mr. Oak keeps frogs and lets them out at night?" Aerie asks, raising an eyebrow.

"No. Well, yes and no. He does keep frogs, but he doesn't mean for them to get out."
    He shrugs.

12. - Top - End - #162

Vindal turns slowly, a distant expression on his face. "Oh, Eggy. You're back." A pause. "Sounds like you had a colourful afternoon. That was Marquis Garland's man who just left, we have a new order to work on, I will tell you about it later. Now...", he looks around and sighs, looking almost sad, "I think I'll return to the workshop. I'll send Olyvar here once I get there, would you watch over things until he comes? Then you can have rest of the day off."

Spoiler: Eglantine
    Show
    It's a bit strange that he says she can leave early on a tournament day, when you would expect everyone to be asked to work hard all day long, either at the stall or the store. Though Vindal is a bit of a absent-minded person, so it's not entirely out of character.
    Eglantine's brow furrowed. "Master Vindal-." But instead of pressing him she nodded. "I will arrive early and ready to work." Going to the front of the shop she approached where Ynna was still failing to sell the cloak. "Oh a resistance cloak. Ynna did I ever tell you my brother speaks highly of those. Most temple workers do. Prevention is much better for you than having to pay for healing every time something makes you sick. And with these crowds... well who knows."

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't know what to roll, but basically trying to help her sell the item.

13. - Top - End - #163

Griffon

Darian doesn't protest to being escorted, and while Alexander says he has other business to attend to, Rowan and Aerin leave with the elf. They pass through the joyous town; if word of the lion incident has spread, it has not altered the general mood.

Despite their concern, no one tries to commit murder on the way, and they reach a fancier part of town where many nobles have their city apartments. But when they approach the address Darian has named, they see a crowd of people outside the house, and not the happy kind. A few have soot on their clothes and some look to have suffered burns. The general tone seems to be confusion and worry, and smoke is pouring out of the windows of the mansion.

Darian recognises someone, a middle-aged elf, from the crowd outside and heads towards her. "Endine!", he calls out, "What is going on, is the house on fire?"

The elf greets them hastily, judging by her clothes she's a high ranking servant. "I don't know, young master. Ash rats were discovered in the kitchen, they burned some of the staff that got close. I ordered everyone outside, but I'm not sure if everyone are out. So far all we've seen is smoke not fire, but you know how the saying goes..."

---------------------

In the market region, Vindal leaves the stall and Eglantine goes to help Ynna with the customers. She spends the better part of the next hour haggling with customers and trying to attract more. Her young helper is more or less useful in either.

It is well past noon when her work is interrupted. First it only seems that the background noise is just growing louder, but then clear shrieks pierce the air. Coming from the right, people are starting to push their way through the crowded street, more join them to increase the pressure. There's shouting and shoving and unfortunate is the one who looses their footing now.

Show
    All: Note that Aerin and Rowan are in a different part of town than Eglantine. These are separate incidents.

Athedia: For helping Ynna, you can roll Diplomacy or Bluff, whichever you prefer. You can also make a separate general check to see how the business goes afterwards. This takes before the trouble begins.

14. - Top - End - #164

In the market region, Vindal leaves the stall and Eglantine goes to help Ynna with the customers. She spends the better part of the next hour haggling with customers and trying to attract more. Her young helper is more or less useful in either.

It is well past noon when her work is interrupted. First it only seems that the background noise is just growing louder, but then clear shrieks pierce the air. Coming from the right, people are starting to push their way through the crowded street, more join them to increase the pressure. There's shouting and shoving and unfortunate is the one who looses their footing now.

Show
    All: Note that Aerin and Rowan are in a different part of town than Eglantine. These are separate incidents.

Athedia: For helping Ynna, you can roll Diplomacy or Bluff, whichever you prefer. You can also make a separate general check to see how the business goes afterwards. This takes before the trouble begins.
    Spoiler: Checks
    Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20+3)[13]

General Check (don't know what modifiers): (1d20)[20]

Eglantine looked up from where she had been polishing one of the clasps, the shrieks almost causing her to drop it. "Ynna! Go out the back and try to find Vindal! He should be at the workshop." She got her axe out and positioned herself between the valuables in the tent and the crowd. "Assassinations, elves, stampedes and Rowan... could this day get any worse?" She looked in the direction people were running from trying to identify the cause.

Spoiler: Spot
    Show
    [/roll]1d20+1[/roll]

15. - Top - End - #165

Spoiler: Spot Take 2
    Show
    Apparently forgot how to roll... whoops

Spot: (1d20+1)[7]

16. - Top - End - #166

"It sounds like your entire family is under attack, not just you," Aerin comments. She doesn't volunteer anything further, waiting to hear what the young noble says.

17. - Top - End - #167

Griffon

Spoiler: Checks
    Show
    Diplomacy: [roll0]

General Check (don't know what modifiers): [roll1]

Eglantine looked up from where she had been polishing one of the clasps, the shrieks almost causing her to drop it. "Ynna! Go out the back and try to find Vindal! He should be at the workshop." She got her axe out and positioned herself between the valuables in the tent and the crowd. "Assassinations, elves, stampedes and Rowan... could this day get any worse?" She looked in the direction people were running from trying to identify the cause.

Spoiler: Spot
    Show
    [/roll]1d20+1[/roll]
    Eglantine can't see anything from the crowd that rushes past her. Only when the bulk of the panicked mass has passed her can she see the source of their fear. On the street is a agitated creature that looks like an ugly misshapen hen. While it is larger than a normal chicken, it is still no larger than middle sized dog and the fear it has sparked seems disproportionate. However, when the woman who was selling sweets on the other side of the street tries to leave her tent, the creature lunges at her and pecks her with its sharp beak. The merchant's scream is cut off abruptly when she swiftly turns to stone. Other humanoid statues can be seen further down the street, likewise disturbingly lifelike.

Ynna cowers in the back of the tent. "I don't know if I can get out the back", she squeaks, "There's stuff stored on the back path again."

Show
    Spoiler: Visual aid
    Show

Spoiler: Map
    Show
    Stalls are separated with black lines, though the walls are usually just made of cloth. I named a few of the closest ones.
    N are people Eggy can currently see.
    S are stone statues.
    C is the weird chicken.

Orange squares mark the insides of a tent, they contain various items and furniture you'd expect in a market stall. Generally can't run inside.
    Grey square are roads, normal movement.
    Light orange squares have some stuff, like boxes in them. Walking through such a square costs x2 movement and you can't run through them.
    Brown squares are so full they are practically blocked. A Climb check is required to get through. (The paths behind and between the stalls are supposed to be kept open, but...)

"It sounds like your entire family is under attack, not just you," Aerin comments. She doesn't volunteer anything further, waiting to hear what the young noble says.
    "So it seems...", Darian replies looking pale, "Endine, where's my father!"

"I don't know, young master, he left earlier and didn't say where", the older elf replies, "If you excuse me, I have to do a headcount of the servants. You would do best to go elsewhere for the time being. If I may be so bold to suggest, maybe go to the castle to inform the ministers. They should be told of the fire anyway, and it is safe there."
    Something inside the house breaks with a loud crack and a cloud of thick smoke pours to the street.
    Last edited by CWater; 2016-09-05 at 09:28 AM.

18. - Top - End - #168

"Hm. I had thought this was some kind of personal grudge against you by the conjurer, but apparently not," Aerin muses. "I'll accompany you to the castle." She considers but doesn't add if you're not feeling suicidal.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Rowan looks at the rising smoke for a moment before replying. "We'd better get to the castle quickly, then. If the summoner isn't the only one, the streets don't seem like a good place to be."

20. - Top - End - #170

Eglantine can't see anything from the crowd that rushes past her. Only when the bulk of the panicked mass has passed her can she see the source of their fear. On the street is a agitated creature that looks like an ugly misshapen hen. While it is larger than a normal chicken, it is still no larger than middle sized dog and the fear it has sparked seems disproportionate. However, when the woman who was selling sweets on the other side of the street tries to leave her tent, the creature lunges at her and pecks her with its sharp beak. The merchant's scream is cut off abruptly when she swiftly turns to stone. Other humanoid statues can be seen further down the street, likewise disturbingly lifelike.

Ynna cowers in the back of the tent. "I don't know if I can get out the back", she squeaks, "There's stuff stored on the back path again."

Show
    Spoiler: Visual aid
    Show

Spoiler: Map
    Show
    Stalls are separated with black lines, though the walls are usually just made of cloth. I named a few of the closest ones.
    N are people Eggy can currently see.
    S are stone statues.
    C is the weird chicken.

Orange squares mark the insides of a tent, they contain various items and furniture you'd expect in a market stall. Generally can't run inside.
    Grey square are roads, normal movement.
    Light orange squares have some stuff, like boxes in them. Walking through such a square costs x2 movement and you can't run through them.
    Brown squares are so full they are practically blocked. A Climb check is required to get through. (The paths behind and between the stalls are supposed to be kept open, but...)
    Spoiler: Knowledge
    Show
    I have +5 in everything but local so (1d20+5)[8] probably arcana?

"What the.. Ynna, run FAST and turn left down the first street. It seems to be following the crowd. I'll try to slow it down." Eglantine looked around the tent for any items that might stop the creature. She hoped Vindal wouldn't be to angry about her using merchandise.

21. - Top - End - #171

Griffon

"Hm. I had thought this was some kind of personal grudge against you by the conjurer, but apparently not," Aerin muses. "I'll accompany you to the castle." She considers but doesn't add if you're not feeling suicidal.
    Rowan looks at the rising smoke for a moment before replying. "We'd better get to the castle quickly, then. If the summoner isn't the only one, the streets don't seem like a good place to be."
    Darian nods and the small company retreats from the site of the fire and heads towards the castle. The column of smoke has rised some eyebrows and inspired some talk on the streets, but most still continue to enjoy their happy day of celebration or continue working hard to keep it going.

The area around the castle is calmer, frequent patrols of guards keeping the most enthusiastic revelers and loiterers away. The castle is a tall intimidating building, built from light sandy brown rock to set it apart from the city it's towering over. It bears the wear of age, the walls are no longer quite smooth nor the roof tiles bright or window decorarions shiny, but one can still tell that it was once a great achievment of excellent craftmanship. These days it is not only the resident of the Duchess, but also where her ministers and other high officials of the country work.

The guards at the old-fashioned drawbridge stop them, which gains them an angry 'don't you know who I am?' spit from the young noble. After some reluctant debate, they allow the group to walk in. In the hall they are again stopped by a dutiful servant who inquires about their business. Darian demands that he needs to speak someone of 'enough importance', to inform them of a fire in his home and of troubles in the tournament field and attempts at his life. He also asks to see his father if he is present. The servant regrets that to his knowledge the man is not in the castle, and that the Ministers and their assistants are busy, but that he will make inquiries.

They are guided to a nearby neatly decorated room and instructed to wait. All too slowly a full hour passes by with no response. Darian paces around and finally bursts, ”This will take forever like this, it's easy for them to ignore whoever they can't see! I'm tired of waiting, better go find someone to speak to.”

Spoiler: Knowledge
    Show
    I have +5 in everything but local so [roll0] probably arcana?

"What the.. Ynna, run FAST and turn left down the first street. It seems to be following the crowd. I'll try to slow it down." Eglantine looked around the tent for any items that might stop the creature. She hoped Vindal wouldn't be to angry about her using merchandise.
    Spoiler
    Show

Ha, clever! Items on display:
    -Amulet of Tears
    -Arcanist Gloves
    -Armbands of Elusive Action
    -Blessed bandages
    -Boots of Landing
    -Brooches of Shielding
    -Chronocharms (require to be worn for 24 hours to work)
    -Cloak of Resistance
    -Feather tokens (more than one type)
    -Life rings
    -Tunic of steady spellcasting
    -Vest of Resistance

Note that it takes at least a move action to grab and set an item to its place if its an item that is worn. A full-round action in case of the tunic and vest. Vindal might not be too happy about merchandise being used, no, though he seemed to have other things on his mind.

Could you clarify where is she directing Ynna to run? It's likely clear to her as Eglantine can point, but I'm not entirely sure what she means.

22. - Top - End - #172

"All right. What exactly is your family's position?" Aerin asks. She makes no efforts to dissuade the young elf from going to look for someone to speak to, and she'll stay with him.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"If you're sure we shouldn't wait... Rowan says, but there's no real conviction to his words, and he follows promptly after Darian.

24. - Top - End - #174

Griffon

"If you're sure we shouldn't wait... Rowan says, but there's no real conviction to his words, and he follows promptly after Darian.
    "All right. What exactly is your family's position?" Aerin asks. She makes no efforts to dissuade the young elf from going to look for someone to speak to, and she'll stay with him.
    ”Ours is an old family, and father is well respected among the nobility, though he currently has no official position besides his birth title”, Darian replies.

Rowan and Aerin continue to follow the young noble as he goes looking for important people. He walks confidently in the castle and no one moves to stop them on the way. They pass a few servants and some scribes hurry past them, but neither are what Darian is looking for. They climb a few stairs, walk across a dozen hallways (or so it seems), and finally come to a pair of large decorative doors. ”This is the office of the Minister of Defence”, Darian says, ”At least so I remember. He should be told what is happening anyway, let's see if he's in.” Without further hesitation, the elf pulls open the doors, which move without the slightest creek, and steps in.

The room they see first is a finely decorated foyer, with some wall hangings, statues and a few comfortable looking chairs for decoration. A door on the left has been left slightly open and the party hears a discussion that is going on.
    ”This whole scheme is reckless”, says a male voice.
    ”You want us to wait”, as a female voice, ”We are never going to get another opportunity like this!”
    ”It is still too early, acting now is risky-”
    ”And wait for the impossible, there is no safe moment to kill an emperor.”

Darian stops in his tracks in the middle of the room.

Show
    You can't currently see the speakers and they can't (presumably) see you.
    Last edited by CWater; 2016-09-20 at 11:38 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175

Aerin puts her mouth next to the young elf's ear and says, quietly enough not to carry any further tham him, "You know their voices?"

If his reply is affirmative, she walks back out the door and the way we came. If it's negative, she continues at the same pitch, "Go back to somewhere safe. I'll be right behind you." She'll try to peer around the door. If she sees anyone who sees her, she'll run back the way we came.

Spoiler
    Show

Hide: (1d20+1)[16]
    Move Silently: (1d20+1)[20]
    Last edited by Kish; 2016-09-21 at 05:25 AM.

26. - Top - End - #176

Griffon

Aerin puts her mouth next to the young elf's ear and says, quietly enough not to carry any further tham him, "You know their voices?"

If his reply is affirmative, she walks back out the door and the way we came. If it's negative, she continues at the same pitch, "Go back to somewhere safe. I'll be right behind you." She'll try to peer around the door. If she sees anyone who sees her, she'll run back the way we came.

Spoiler
    Show

Hide: [roll0]
    Move Silently: [roll1]
    "One is the Minister of Defence", Darian replies in a frightened whisper, "The lady, I'm not sure... It can't be..." He backs away to the door.

Aerin sneaks closer, the people in the room don't appear to notice her. She looks in and catches a glimpse of a woman with pointy ears and even more delicate features than your usual elf. She's wearing an expensive gown with intricate decorations.

Spoiler: Knowledge: Nature DC 10, can attempt untrained
    Show
    She's fey-touched.

"You- Your Grace, I only mean-", the Minister says, but is cut off.
    "No, I will not hear any excuses. Make the arrangements now. It is time we set a new course for our nation."
    Last edited by CWater; 2016-09-26 at 12:07 AM.

27. - Top - End - #177

Aerie walks toward the door we came in. "Careful. Bad time to fall," she says in the same low voice. She'll follow Darian out of the door.

Spoiler
    Show

Knowledge: Nature: (1d20+1)[11]

28. - Top - End - #178

Griffon

Aerin and Darian return to the hallway, where Rowan is.

Spoiler
    Show
    What do you do next? Axe, you can assume that Rowan also heard the previous exchange.

29. - Top - End - #179

Spoiler: Ynna Directions
    Show
    Basically down toward and past B15

Eglantine grabbed the cloak and armbands, throwing them on. She was utterly terrified about this creature, whatever it was.

"Run Ynna! NOW!"

Spoiler: Items
    Show
    Putting on cloak of resistance and armbands of elusive action. Next turn I plan to grab a whip feather token. Sadly no access to the pathfinder tokens (SO many more. And some are really fun)

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Rowan's face is white as a sheet when Aerin and Darian return to the hall. "We have to get out of here. This has to be some kind of bad joke- one assassination per day should be enough for anyone." He starts down the hall the way they came in. "Darian- does the Minister of Defense have any enemies? Maybe we could count on them to at least not be in on his plan."