New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends LXVI: Hosted by Jhin_In_Tonic and Starring Aurelion LOL

Regarding the grading system...is there actually anything below a C? Because I have had so many games where double-digit deaths, sub-1.0 KDA, and pathetic CS get me a grade of C that I start to wonder if D's actually exist
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends LXVI: Hosted by Jhin_In_Tonic and Starring Aurelion LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Masterkerfuffle View Post
    I don't think it has much to do with CS - I went 12/0 as Nasus with 247 CS last game and only got an A.
    Admittedly that was also a 45 minute long game. 247 is slightly anemic for a solo-laner in 45 minutes, especially one as farm-focused as Nasus.

EDIT: The lowest I have personally received is a C-, and that was when I ended the game 0/13/1 after dying twice in lane at level 1.
    Last edited by thracian; 2016-03-16 at 02:03 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Masterkerfuffle View Post
    I don't think it has much to do with CS - I went 12/0 as Nasus with 247 CS last game and only got an A.
    It's not absolute CS. It's CS over time. 247 is great in a 25 minute game, not great in a 40 minute game.

There are a number of factors which Riot refuses to confirm concretely - but general consensus is that the big 3 factors are CS, KDA, kill participation. But also remember, those numbers are compared to other champions playing that champion IN that role. So jungle Nasus has a different S level than top Nasus.

Also, according to Riot, D ranks DO indeed exist.

https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-...ery-Guide#h1q4

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Lyra got a D+ after going 0/15 once, IIRC. I'm not sure it's possible to earn an unqualified D or a D- without intentionally feeding.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

You all make good points. The grading system is more in-depth than I had thought.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    those numbers are compared to other champions playing that champion IN that role.
    So, to farm S rank, you just have to play the champions that everyone else is TERRIBLE at? Time to become the #1... Heimerdinger?
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, except remember, you can only get a chest from an S on a given champion like once a season or something, so really you just need to get ONE REALLY GOOD GAME per champion.

8. - Top - End - #38

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Manticoran View Post
    Well, except remember, you can only get a chest from an S on a given champion like once a season or something, so really you just need to get ONE REALLY GOOD GAME per champion.
    So, if we're going FULL CHEST FARMER, you can get 4 chests per month, 12 months in a season, so you need to master 48 champs, and for best effect, they should be ones that other people are bad at.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vogie View Post
    They've said she's only craftable. Technically, since you can purchase the crafting keys and crates, she **can** be purchased, but that's not the intention. I think if you actually price everything out in RP she's the most expensive skin.

~sigh~

The one bloody Annie Skin I want... oh well, time to re-roll every skin shard until I find it.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

10. - Top - End - #40

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post

~sigh~

The one bloody Annie Skin I want... oh well, time to re-roll every skin shard until I find it.
    That's not how Hextech Annie works. You need to get 10 "Rare Gems" or whatever those are, which you "Sometimes find in chests", then combine them into a "Special Hextech Chest" which you then get Hextech Annie out of. It's intended to be a rare thing that requires lots of using the system to eventually get gems.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi View Post
    So, if we're going FULL CHEST FARMER, you can get 4 chests per month, 12 months in a season, so you need to master 48 champs, and for best effect, they should be ones that other people are bad at.
    Yorick/Mordikaiser mains rejoice.
    Custom avatar by me - based on my Half-Orc Eldritch Knight, Keth d'Lordran
    Spoiler
    Show

Tabletop RPGs
    Started with D&D 3.5, these days I mostly play 5E and occationally Call of C'thulu. Currently running two D&D 5E games over roll20

Magic: the Gathering
    Started with Return to Ravnica/Innistrad. I'll draft every once in a while but EDH is my favorite format by far.
    Decks: Lord Windgrace, Neyith of the Dire Hunt, Rielle the Everwise

Other Geeky Hobbies
    Ridley/Lucina main SSBU

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla_pasta View Post
    Yorick/Mordikaiser mains rejoice.
    Eh, not really. Sure they get 1 S rank from their preferred champion, but you can only get ONE per champion.

For regular people, you're better off picking common champions with low win rates if you're trying to farm S ranks.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2016-03-16 at 08:20 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

That's not how Hextech Annie works. You need to get 10 "Rare Gems" or whatever those are, which you "Sometimes find in chests", then combine them into a "Special Hextech Chest" which you then get Hextech Annie out of. It's intended to be a rare thing that requires lots of using the system to eventually get gems.
    It's been shown elsewhere that you can actually get a Hextech Annie shard, which you can then upgrade with essence into the skin. Not sure if Riot will patch it out at some point, but for the moment it can happen.
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

So, to farm S rank, you just have to play the champions that everyone else is TERRIBLE at? Time to become the #1... Heimerdinger?
    Nah you need to 5 man and then among yourselves each say you're going to the lane you're not actually going to. "Yeah I'm totally going Bot as Nasus... totally Riot."

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Eh, not really. Sure they get 1 S rank from their preferred champion, but you can only get ONE per champion.
    Not sure exactly how the system works. Is this one S chest per champion per amount of time (week, month, season) or is it just one S chest from each champion ever?
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    Nah you need to 5 man and then among yourselves each say you're going to the lane you're not actually going to. "Yeah I'm totally going Bot as Nasus... totally Riot."
    I'm almost 100% certain that the champion ranking system uses the automatic lane detection tech they worked on and not the role you picked. Because you can still get graded in blind pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Not sure exactly how the system works. Is this one S chest per champion per amount of time (week, month, season) or is it just one S chest from each champion ever?
    One per champion per season.

And it's the champion you were playing whenever anybody in your premade got at least an S-. So, for instance, Ryo's Kindred, Manti's Akali, and Dragonus's Jhin are marked off because efdf and I both earned an S in that game.
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2016-03-16 at 08:35 PM.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    I'm almost 100% certain that the champion ranking system uses the automatic lane detection tech they worked on and not the role you picked. Because you can still get ranked in blind pick.
    Ah damn, I suppose that means it's another thing I'm going to be largely ignoring. Besides there's still only 1 skin I actual want, and the likelihood of getting that 1 seems pretty unlikely.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Actually, the best way to main Chest Farming would be joining 5 mans of people doing exactly that... as long as 1 person gets an S, everyone gets a chest. So, each person will only need to master (on average) 1 champion per 5 weeks, or easily 10 champions a year... which isn't really a bad thing in itself.

In other words... Riot has just created the most interesting raid, in any MMO, of all time.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Coming to the realization that I can't play any kind of splitpushing or carry champion (or any top laner that isn't... iunno, friggin' Malphite or something) with my IRL friendgroup is super exasperating.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2016-03-17 at 12:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    One per champion per season.

And it's the champion you were playing whenever anybody in your premade got at least an S-. So, for instance, Ryo's Kindred, Manti's Akali, and Dragonus's Jhin are marked off because efdf and I both earned an S in that game.
    Oh so that's why I couldn't get a box when I got a S with Jhin a minute ago. Well that kind of sucks.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Every time I see that first premium box... I read it like this...

22. - Top - End - #52

Kobold

Okay, so, let me get this straight:

If you are playing a game, and anyone on the team earns an S rank, you receive a chest, and the champion you're currently playing is marked as "Chesty" and can no longer generate chests for the season? So, to earn max chests, you simply have to:

1. Pick four new champs every month
    2. Play them. Hope someone on your team is really good.
    2B. Or, heck, get an S ranking yourself.

Is the following scenario possible?

1. I earn a chest with Tahm Kench, because he's my bestie. He is now marked and can't award me any more chests.
    2. My friend, let's call him Jeff, joins me for a game later that week. He's playing Brad the Cosmic Traveller.
    3. I win with an S ranking using the Kench. I get nothing because I already got my Kenchest.
    4. Because Jeff hasn't gotten a chest with Brad, he meets the conditions of "Teammate with S" and "Unchesty Champ" and gets one.
    5. I then play eleven more games with Tahm and earn everyone else lots of chests because I am the greatest.
    Last edited by shadow_archmagi; 2016-03-17 at 10:30 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes.

For those confused, your champion tab in your profile will show you which champions you've earned chests on. For example, I won't earn any more chests this year while playing Illaoi, Jhin, Fizz, or Akali.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

24. - Top - End - #54

Okay, so, let me get this straight:

If you are playing a game, and anyone on the team earns an S rank, you receive a chest, and the champion you're currently playing is marked as "Chesty" and can no longer generate chests for the season? So, to earn max chests, you simply have to:

1. Pick four new champs every month
    2. Play them. Hope someone on your team is really good.
    2B. Or, heck, get an S ranking yourself.

Is the following scenario possible?

1. I earn a chest with Tahm Kench, because he's my bestie. He is now marked and can't award me any more chests.
    2. My friend, let's call him Jeff, joins me for a game later that week. He's playing Brad the Cosmic Traveller.
    3. I win with an S ranking using the Kench. I get nothing because I already got my Kenchest.
    4. Because Jeff hasn't gotten a chest with Brad, he meets the conditions of "Teammate with S" and "Unchesty Champ" and gets one.
    5. I then play eleven more games with Tahm and earn everyone else lots of chests because I am the greatest.
    Also, specifically it's someone you're queue'd with, not just someone on your team. Random pubbies can't get chests just because you're awesome.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Also, specifically it's someone you're queue'd with, not just someone on your team. Random pubbies can't get chests just because you're awesome.
    As a random pubbie this makes me very sad.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

26. - Top - End - #56

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    As a random pubbie this makes me very sad.
    Time to start queuing with random pubbies more

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

And the problem with chests has already become apparent. As I had to deal with an adc that ran out in the middle of every team fight so our xin would get kills and get an S. Threw away a very promising lead that game.

I expect this kind of crap to end after a few weeks. But it still gonna be annoying

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

ARAMs on a smurf are weird... at no point should Warwick ulting Garen be the correct play, and yet it was. Nor should I be both primary damage and primary tank, and yet I was.

This is probably the most fed Warwick game I will ever play. My back hurts after that.
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2016-03-18 at 01:18 AM.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of ARAM...
    Yesterday I played a pretty long game of ARAM that was fairly even. I was Renekton and built a bunch of magic resist (they had four mages) and health (cleaver, mallet, steraks). After the game ended, the enemy Ezreal got extremely mad at me (bringing in some vulgar language) because I "didn't fall off ever" as though that were my fault. He did, however, bring up a good point that Kindred should have shredded me. Anyone know why I may have survived that?
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

30. - Top - End - #60

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Speaking of ARAM...
    Yesterday I played a pretty long game of ARAM that was fairly even. I was Renekton and built a bunch of magic resist (they had four mages) and health (cleaver, mallet, steraks). After the game ended, the enemy Ezreal got extremely mad at me (bringing in some vulgar language) because I "didn't fall off ever" as though that were my fault. He did, however, bring up a good point that Kindred should have shredded me. Anyone know why I may have survived that?
    Possible answers include:

Kindred had a rough game and didn't deal any damage anyway
    Kindred wasn't shooting you

I mean, it doesn't matter how hard she can hit if she gets Blitzcrank'd. In general, shooting the pure tank is a mistake anyway.