New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends LXVI: Hosted by Jhin_In_Tonic and Starring Aurelion LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    Draft Normals also don't have the Draven faces.
    You can also just turn them off in options. :P

EDIT: If you Q someone as Garen with Statikk Shiv proc, the proc goes off before your Q animation does. This means if the proc kills your target without needing your Q, it doesn't consume your Q.
    Last edited by thracian; 2016-04-01 at 04:12 PM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends LXVI: Hosted by Jhin_In_Tonic and Starring Aurelion LOL

Is anyone just not getting key fragments as drops? I've gotten 3 chests and 5 key fragments. 4 of those shortly after the mode launched and 1 in the last week.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thracian View Post

EDIT: If you Q someone as Garen with Statikk Shiv proc, the proc goes off before your Q animation does. This means if the proc kills your target without needing your Q, it doesn't consume your Q.
    under what circumstances does garen want statikk shiv instead of PD

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Is anyone just not getting key fragments as drops? I've gotten 3 chests and 5 key fragments. 4 of those shortly after the mode launched and 1 in the last week.
    They drop about 1 in 4 games for me (8 fragments, 30-ish matchmade games since launch).
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

4. - Top - End - #184

Key fragments are semi-random: They're more likely to drop when you haven't received one in a while. They're more likely to drop when playing with a group, as well.

Chests have nothing to do with number of key fragments, they drop when someone in your premade group (or you, if you're just solo queuing) gets an S rank and you're playing a champion you haven't received an chest with yet. I got 4 chests within 4 games once the system started, for example, because I was queuing with 5 people, played 4 different champions in 4 games and somebody got an S in all 4 games.

Spoiler: C9 vs TSM
    Show
    Excellent strats by TSM. C9 can't reverse sweep you if you let them win the first game.
    Last edited by thracian; 2016-04-03 at 01:46 AM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Were you willing to turn off the deermouse and riverduck to make that happen though.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2016-04-03 at 01:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

6. - Top - End - #186

Key fragments are semi-random: They're more likely to drop when you haven't received one in a while. They're more likely to drop when playing with a group, as well.

Chests have nothing to do with number of key fragments, they drop when someone in your premade group (or you, if you're just solo queuing) gets an S rank and you're playing a champion you haven't received an chest with yet. I got 4 chests within 4 games once the system started, for example, because I was queuing with 5 people, played 4 different champions in 4 games and somebody got an S in all 4 games.
    Is it public how much queuing as a group impacts key drops?

7. - Top - End - #187
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nadevoc View Post
    Is it public how much queuing as a group impacts key drops?
    No, they've specifically kept the key drop formula private, they've just told us that it's not entirely random, more people in your group gives you better chances, you only get them on wins, and you're less likely to get them when you've gotten some recently.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

Sort of a half-comment, half-question about keys and chests:

One thing that comes to mind is that the rate of chests will be highest early in the season. As the season goes on, you'll have fewer and fewer champions with whom you haven't gotten a chest, thereby dragging down the rate at which you get them. If the rate of key drops stays the same, then that would mean that eventually, your keys will catch up with your chests simply due to not getting chests anymore*. So...is there any information on when and/or how often they'll reset the list of which champions you can still get chests with?

*shrug* Just a random thought.

*Super-simplified example: say you get 4 chests and 1 key in X-long Time Period 1. In X-long Time Period 2, you get 1 chest and 1 key. In each of X-long Time Periods 3, 4, and 5, you get 0 chests and 1 key. After 5 X-long Time Periods, you will have 5 chests and 5 keys total.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

9. - Top - End - #189
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    So...is there any information on when and/or how often they'll reset the list of which champions you can still get chests with?
    Each season. So for many people, 1/champion is not going to be so much of a limit as the chest recharge rate.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2016-04-03 at 12:22 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #190

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Each season. So for many people, 1/champion is not going to be so much of a limit as the chest recharge rate.
    Yep. I don't play as much as I used to these days, but my unique champion S rank rate is already easily 10-12 above my total number of chests acquired. People with smaller champion pools or friend groups may not max out their chests over the course of a season, but I think many of us will have more chests than keys by a decent margin, unless you play a TON.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    Yep. I don't play as much as I used to these days, but my unique champion S rank rate is already easily 10-12 above my total number of chests acquired. People with smaller champion pools or friend groups may not max out their chests over the course of a season, but I think many of us will have more chests than keys by a decent margin, unless you play a TON.
    Yeah I've already got 4 chests waiting on keys and that's after playing a decent amount of solo que.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manticoran View Post
    No, they've specifically kept the key drop formula private, they've just told us that it's not entirely random, more people in your group gives you better chances, you only get them on wins, and you're less likely to get them when you've gotten some recently.
    They've also told us that keys get rarer over the course of a month as you get more keys.
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

13. - Top - End - #193

Quote Originally Posted by mrcarter11 View Post
    They've also told us that keys get rarer over the course of a month as you get more keys.
    I imagine it's on a soft XP style system. Each fragment requires a bit more XP (earned on total games, with more earned on wins) to "unlock" the ability to roll, and then you're dealing with random or psudeo-random (likely the latter) until you get it.

That way you'd be unable to get two in quick succession, and subsequent keys would take longer and longer to get.

Just a guess though.
    Last edited by Djinn_in_Tonic; 2016-04-03 at 04:22 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194

Can't be, I got two key fragments in a row once.

15. - Top - End - #195

Quote Originally Posted by Manticoran View Post
    Can't be, I got two key fragments in a row once.
    It might block things as "by key" instead of "by fragment" though. I got my second key pretty quickly...once I started getting it at all.

In fact, that would feel more rewarding, as you wouldn't be sitting for ages waiting for that last fragment.

Again, though...just guessing.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Keys probably shouldn't be as rare as they are. I have gotten one more key fragment than I have gotten chests. They overestimated the key fragments, underestimated the tests, both, or they just want people to buy more stuff.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

17. - Top - End - #197

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Keys probably shouldn't be as rare as they are. I have gotten one more key fragment than I have gotten chests. They overestimated the key fragments, underestimated the tests, both, or they just want people to buy more stuff.
    I suspect the latter is at least somewhat intentional. Cheaper content purchases have a chance of getting non-spending players to chip in a little here and there, while also providing free content to other players. No one really loses save the player who feels bad about not getting EVERYTHING opened.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, most people probably will have more chests at the moment because it is the beginning of the system and everyone started out with four ready to go. As time goes on it could even out since it's limited to only one per week.
    Devoted artificer of the church of Scorching Ray.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

I understand the reasoning behind it, but I'm still a little irked that I can't outright but Hextech Annie, because it's an amazing skin and I wish I owned it, and if there is a skin I want I usually just buy it.

Dunno, I just need to be patient and git gud to get chests and keys and continually re-roll them into skins I want, which currently is one.

Can you get multiple skin shards of the same skin? If not, would it mean its worth holding onto those skin shards to limit the pool until you get the shard of the skin you want?
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    I understand the reasoning behind it, but I'm still a little irked that I can't outright but Hextech Annie, because it's an amazing skin and I wish I owned it, and if there is a skin I want I usually just buy it.
    Hextech Annie is the single most expensive skin (more expensive than Draven Draven (which has it's own tier of expensive)) if you want to buy it, since it would require opening tons of chests. I don't know why they don't make it buyable with tons of RP, but they don't. So to get it, you have to get really lucky.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Oohh, look more Taric stuff

Something tells me this new Taric isn't going to be very outrageous, but it does look promising.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

I actually liked what I read. A lone warrior, banished from his old home for breaking his oath, but goes through a spiritual journey of redemption and tries to regain his honor and prove his morality. Good stuff.

Though now I'm just worried for when the Targonians show up. Taking another interesting character and having him become possessed by space parasites. A story twist that is always disappointing.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Orc in the Playground

Maybe his new splash art will change your mind:

Last edited by heronbpv; 2016-04-04 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Removed the hyperlink... wasn't working >> Edit2: And then it was and I don't know anymore
    "Stop talking." - Roy
    Surprised Champion Predictor of the Rastakhan Rumble's Card Rating Competition in the Playground - "I could predict pretty much anything, besides winning this competition!" - Myself, probably

24. - Top - End - #204

Quote Originally Posted by heronbpv View Post
    Maybe his new splash art will change your mind:

This page doesn't work?

EDIT: If I copy/paste the url, it works fine, it looks like the hyperlink is broken
    Last edited by Manticoran; 2016-04-04 at 03:38 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

So Taric is Demacian? Wasn't he Targonian before? At least he looks really cool. He looks like someone who would be a top-lane bruiser though...
    Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

So Taric is Demacian? Wasn't he Targonian before? At least he looks really cool. He looks like someone who would be a top-lane bruiser though...
    Originally Taric was an alien that was summoned to Runeterra. Then the IoW was retconned and he had no real background though his character bio stated his birthplace was Demacia with no further information at all except his old alien lore.

Because of Poppy's joke about Targonians and gems and Targon's new lore with them actually being alien space empire things it was then assumed that reworked Taric would be a Targonian. Now it's basically confirmed that he's going to be a Demacian who becomes an Aspect. Pity for him. Hope the alien body snatchers leave most of his personality in tact.

27. - Top - End - #207

I believe he was unaffiliated, maybe with some affiliation to the removed Crystal Scar?

Just checked his old lore blurb, it was standard generic "Dude is a gem knight from somewhere, then gets pulled in by summoners."

28. - Top - End - #208
    Orc in the Playground

I'm digging the new Taric, at least based on his looks and lore. I hope they're gonna drop him on the PBE tonight/tomorrow to see how his skillset has changed. It's a Sion-level rework, so I'm expecting big things. Also I'm really wondering how his other skins are going to look now, and see if Bloodstone is actually worth it now.

Can't show the match history right now because univeristy PCs are borked, but yesterday I had the best Nasus game I've ever had. I was able to farm Q to >500 at 21 minutes against a passive Garen (biggest mistake on his part). At 35 minutes I managed to push from the second bot turret all the way to the Nexus turrets and win the game while my team stopped the enemy from recalling or killing them outright. The only line of defense they had was a support Jax, which I promptly ignored in favor of Q'ing the Nexus, but he arrived after the turrets had already fallen anyway, so there was no real danger for me anyway. I only went 2/2/3, resulting in a A+, but 330 CCs at 36 minutes is a personal best, and I was splitpushing aaaall the time. Luckily my team was able to hold their position, allowing me to be Trick2G for once
    Last edited by RoyVG; 2016-04-05 at 06:03 AM.
    Homebrew:
    The inFAMOUS Conduit base class. Wow I actually finished it...
    The Darksiders base class, based on the videogame with the same name.

I also draw some stuff here, Gamespectre on Deviantart

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RoyVG View Post
    Can't show the match history right now because univeristy PCs are borked, but yesterday I had the best Nasus game I've ever had. I was able to farm Q to >500 at 21 minutes against a passive Garen (biggest mistake on his part). At 35 minutes I managed to push from the second bot turret all the way to the Nexus turrets and win the game while my team stopped the enemy from recalling or killing them outright. The only line of defense they had was a support Jax, which I promptly ignored in favor of Q'ing the Nexus, but he arrived after the turrets had already fallen anyway, so there was no real danger for me anyway. I only went 2/2/3, resulting in a A+, but 330 CCs at 36 minutes is a personal best, and I was splitpushing aaaall the time. Luckily my team was able to hold their position, allowing me to be Trick2G for once
    That is a LOT of Q stacks. Any Nasus that does that deserves the win, and has earned the satisfaction of soloing 6 buildings in a row to win

How many of the enemy b****ed along the lines of, "Nasus OP such a stupid champ" after the game?

The only bad part is that, not having played Nasus, I'm not sure what the appropriate wording is to praise such a feat. "Congrats on having Gawt Gud", perhaps? Somebody help me out here

Quote Originally Posted by RoyVG View Post
    a support Jax
    ...wut
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    That is a LOT of Q stacks. Any Nasus that does that deserves the win, and has earned the satisfaction of soloing 6 buildings in a row to win

How many of the enemy b****ed along the lines of, "Nasus OP such a stupid champ" after the game?

The only bad part is that, not having played Nasus, I'm not sure what the appropriate wording is to praise such a feat. "Congrats on having Gawt Gud", perhaps? Somebody help me out here

...wut
    Nah, Nasus isn't OP.

He is however on my short list of champions I would prefer weren't in the game.