New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Demon Hunter Prestige class

First off, the link.

Now, as you'll notice it's not done. That's... intended so far. I want some springboard for the direction I want to take with it. To those who don't know, I took the WoW RPG's Demon Hunter prestige class as the base, and changed it. I see the Demon Hunter being a demonically corrupted, well, monk really. Not as the base class for the prestige class, but in the execution. I see many starting as either rogues/warriors/warlocks.

Now, I want to talk about Fel Essence. I see it as a fusion of a fighter's superiority dice (Demon's Bane gives Banes, Manuever's pretty much) that cost 2 Fel Essence per die. It's also used to cast the class spells (so far Mana Burn, Immolation, and Metamorphosis), acting as a mana substitute. I see a Demon Hunter's startign with 3 Banes, and gaining one every 3 or 4 levels.

Now Warblades. I'm not sure what Warblades should do. In the 3/5 WoW game it made all weapons wielded by the Demon Hunter magical. I'm not sure that would work as well in 5E. Any suggestions?

Artful Dodger is a bonus to AC when you use a Fel Essence to Dodge, or if you have Blur (Evasive Footwork). And Demonic Ascendance changes the Demon Hunter's type to Fiend, and... I'm thinking gives them some bonus stats.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Demon Hunter Prestige class

Not a warcraft player but serious illidan supporter so here is my rewiev
    Looks good right now

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

The link doesn't work

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

the link ain't their.so uh fix it so I can look and see if I'd use it
    Skully boyfriend's lead to skully wendigo weddings.
    Spoiler: Linklele
    Show
    linklele you have brought a beautiful and favorite character of mine as well as fluffy to life i wanted to thank you. i may never again switch my avatar

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

Sorry! My ex deleted ALL my saved work. It doesn't exist anymore. I do have a new class I've mostly completed.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Lightbulb Re: Demon Hunter Prestige class

thanks man, I like the features, but I feel like there's some parts that don't make much sense. The fel damage type - why not just use a PHB damage like fire? I also feel like the unarmed defense and movement steps on the monks toes, especially since the class already has a bunch of movement options as well as a transformation that lets it fly. It's still cool though, probably going to adapt to to be a prestige class for my campaign, since I like using those.

I'm thinking of using the sigils especially - along the lines of:

Demon hunter - prestige class 1d8 per level

level 1 - unlocks 1 sigil - 3 per short or long rest
    level 2 - spectral sight
    level 3 - unlocks a second sigil -4 per short rest
    level 4- Sworn foe - weapons always count as magic vs demons, and can cast magic weapon on a weapon to give it radiant damage. This costs a sigil
    level 5- unlocks a third sigil -5 sigils per short rest

Sigils available:

Brand: As an action, you may force an enemy to make a wisdom saving throw, or they suffer disadvantage when attacking you or anyone within melee range of you. This lasts until the beginning of your next turn.

Silent image: Create an area of silence centered on a single target. If the target is unwilling they must make a wisdom save vs your spell DC.

Chains of faith: Pull one creature 20 feet in a direction of choice etc etc

Something to do damage

some utility

gonna keep going till I have ten

tada
    Last edited by Hypersmith; 2017-04-06 at 12:32 AM. Reason: hmm, balanced a bit