New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Rebellion III, Reign of the Zombies (Game in Progress)

Curly awakes with an almighty stomach-ache, after licking herself clean she heads off in search of the man who kindly allowed her to eat so much food. Seeing Fleeing Coward she follows him slowly; however she becomes distracted by a man-thing running out of a portal. She sits down and watches. "Funny creature."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

The blind man continues to walk down the street. (Was he walking all night? Oh my...) He also appears to have a techno-belt on, until he realizes it's there and it disappears.

He calls out loudly, unsure if anyone is nearby.

Was anyone killed? Does anyone know who might be a rebel?
    XF: Operating on 95% insanity since 1337 B.C. Because every event needs an insane werewolf noble.

Blissfully proud owner of a Ceikatar!

Undead Wannabee and Poster-Boy for the Fanclub

3. - Top - End - #123
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

The woman sits up beneath her blankets as the portal opens. She shuffles around in a plastic bag, taking out a red ball, 3 dimes and 2 marshmallows. After rearranging them a few times on the sidewalk in front of her, she glares at the warrior. Just as I thought.

She scoops up most of the items, leaving only the red ball, which she pushes lightly. It rolls easily over the pavement, to come to rest at the penguin's feet. "I've a portent for you," she calls, "if you care to hear it." She then shuffles herself and her things aside, so there's room for another to come sit should the penguin desire to learn his fortune.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

Though he'd been trying to block out the growing activity on the street (at least until his popsicle is finished), he looks up to see a red ball rolling up to him. He crunches the last bit of his blue raspberry popsicle, shoves the popsicle stick into his armband and then slides off the bench as the ball approaches, catching it with his left foot.

He then flips it up to his left flipper as he hears the raspy words of the inconspicuous figure in the doorway. The words seemed too quiet to have carried all the way from the doorway through the commotion in the street - it seemed almost as if the ball she had sent helped to carry them.

PS narrows his eyes a bit, unsure of what to make of this some what strange old woman. He hesitates for a moment, but then slowly waddles across the street to sit beside her in the space she had made for him. He doesn't face her directly, but instead keeps his eyes on the activity in the street as he begins to converse.
    "One Penguin To Rule Them All..."

Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm invisible...I'm invisible...I'm baby mice-ing invisible!" ~ Diva De

The Boot. Fear it.

Thanks to Trog for OotK icon
    Also, thanks to El J, Kubb Ambassador

5. - Top - End - #125

The woman looks furtively this way and that, as if she's trying to be very certain that no one is listening in. "The stick first." She holds out her hand expectantly.

Spoiler
    Show

Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

6. - Top - End - #126

PS gives the woman a confused look for a moment, wondering what sort of cryptic metaphor this could be - and then he suddenly realizes what she's referring to. He reaches up and pulls the popsicle stick out of his armband.

But...I was saving this..., he thinks. He looks at the blue-stained, flat, round-ended, wooden stick for a moment, seeming to ponder something. You'd be surprised how difficult popsicle sticks are to come by around here. And my model still needs 7 more... ...this had better be good.

Without a word, he reluctantly hands the stick to the old woman.
    Last edited by Penguinsushi; 2007-07-12 at 01:45 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

The Boot. Fear it.

7. - Top - End - #127

She takes the stick, places it on the ground and arranges piles of rocks around it. "Hmm...." She takes three rocks from the far right and moves them to the left. "Yes...." After several other rearrangements, she looks up and points at PirateMonk (but doesn't actually point at PirateMonk) as he walks by.

"Yes....that man there...YOU RIGHT THERE! she suddenly screams at him. is the cause of your worry. No matter how many times he throws himself at you, you musn't give in. It will only end in despair."

She moves the rocks again. "Your diet needs more fruit."

Then, sensing somehow that there's little else the rocks will tell her, she picks them all back up and puts them in her grocery bag. The stick, she places in her mouth. Then, rummaging again, she pulls out a length of orange string. "Take this and be careful."

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128

PS takes the string. Well, THIS certainly isn't going to work in my model... He looks back and frowns at his popsicle stick as it's chewed on by the old woman.

He looks over to PirateMonk, and then back at the woman. I think her age is getting to her. Either that, or she's just looking to cause trouble. He looks back out onto the street. There's nothing any more suspicious about that man than any of the others around here...

The penguin gives the woman a pseudo-genuine smile and nod as he gets up from his seat on the mat. Yeah, if she had a rocker, i think she'd be off it. He then waddles off to find a fruit stand.

Spoiler
    Show

The Boot. Fear it.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground

XF walks down the street, accidentally bumping into BassetKing.

Sorry, but so far, you haven't been very active. You have jumped on a bandwagon or two for no reason at all, and you only joined them after some others were going to. All these things make you suspicious.
    XF: Operating on 95% insanity since 1337 B.C. Because every event needs an insane werewolf noble.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The cleric has risen with the dawn, but spent the first part of the morning repairing the holes in his cassock caused by the claws of the cat as it climbed up his back yesterday. "Indeed that creature must be possessed by demons - it sensed my thoughts and retaliated. So much corruption - my work to rid this place of evil will be long indeed." Donning his clothing, he steps out into the late morning sunshine.

Passing by the square he sees the beggar woman on the same step as yesterday, and favours her with another frosty glare.
    Check out past werewolf games at the Unofficial GiantITP werewolf archive
    Also wasting too much time playing Evony right now.
    I don't wanna be a llama or a duck or a wabbit.
    I wanna be a POODLE!

11. - Top - End - #131
    Bugbear in the Playground

*The llama trots out into the street with his mouth filled with balloon strings yet again. He has the usual "Happy Birthday" and "Get well soon" and "Sorry I simu'ed you." He also has the recent additions as well as a new "Recruit me!" balloon. He's quite happy because his owner was happy yesterday and didn't beat him.*

He goes meandering, looking for someone to buy his balloons and maybe he won't be smacked tonight, either.

(hmmm.....thoughts? We can assume that the rebels are peasants, right? We know that a few peasants pointed at Zar Peter, so should we point at those who pointed at Zar Peter? Probably not a good basis for lynching, but do we have better at this time?)
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

XF unerringly points to a "Sorry I simu'ed you" balloon despite being slightly visually impaired. He asks for five of them.

(Well, that's kinda what I figured. Typically villagers start pointing first, and klingons rebels (I play in too many of these) point around the fourth time or so trying to make it look like they're just following the crowd. They only do it once they are sure it will gain momentum.)

13. - Top - End - #133

(That has been a commonly used tactic in the past, but one should ask if the rebels have shifted their playing style to compensate for it.)

*The llama happily gives over the balloons. He hums joyously. Surely, he will be spared tonight.*

(and I'm gonna go home and get offline. Farewell Playground)
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    XF walks down the street, accidentally bumping into BassetKing.

Sorry, but so far, you haven't been very active. You have jumped on a bandwagon or two for no reason at all, and you only joined them after some others were going to. All these things make you suspicious.
    Tide'ate S. Basset Looks down the length of his nose at the young man who has just accosted him...

"In the kindest words possible, my dear gutter-trash, get stuffed, and walk away. Just because there are those of us who care to work for a living, rather than live off of bread-crusts and handouts, all the while still hoping that our "Band" will get out of our grandmother's basement..."

*He sniffs, turns up the corner of a lip, and hands Xykon_fan Five dollars.*

"One dollar of that is for a hot meal. The other four are for Soap."

*Turning sharply, he rolls his eyes, and shrugs at Pwenet*

((OOC: Yes, he's a Jerk. No, this is not an OOC attack on XF. Much Love, man.))

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

@^: Basset - No worries man. I was actually laughing when I read that. I like that 5 dollars bit. I'd love to use it some time in a D&D game if I have a snobbish person if you don't mind.

16. - Top - End - #136

PaladinGuy

The cleric walks up to Tide'ate S. Basset.

"Sir, I could not help overhearing your conversation with that man. May I congratulate on your charitable nature. It is a delight to find someone of virtue in this village where corruption seems to abound everywhere." (he glances sideways at the beggar woman in her blanket).
    I wanna be a POODLE!

17. - Top - End - #137

OldWizardGuy

Enjoying the weather, Pwenet is looked at funnily by Bassetking, so he glares at Bassetking and makes a obscene gesture before smiling and waving.
    My DM Reputation
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspectre
    I'm good at making you fear the unknown. Pwenet is good at making you fear the known, which had been the unknown five minutes before he pushed you off screaming into the abyss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    I'm feeling this real hard now.
    Curse you, Pwenet. Curse you.... You had my hopes up there...

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by evnafets View Post
    The cleric walks up to Tide'ate S. Basset.

"Sir, I could not help overhearing your conversation with that man. May I congratulate on your charitable nature. It is a delight to find someone of virtue in this village where corruption seems to abound everywhere." (he glances sideways at the beggar woman in her blanket).
    Ummm...I think I was actually the target of Tide'ate S. Basset's scathing commentary. See, I'm blind and I'm not wearing the best clothes. It's hard for blind people to color coordinate, eh? (Much apologies to any blind people reading this. )

19. - Top - End - #139

The woman stands, glaring at the cleric. She rummages in her bag for a moment, removes a button, and walks over to him. She presses the button into his hand, despite any surely forthcoming protests, and whispers in her low raspy voice, "Standing above, looking not without." She shakes her head. "Await your own judgment. You will learn."

She turns on her heel quickly and returns to her step. In a moment, she's all of her things gathered neatly in her arms. She turns toward the street one last time, waving an arm in the direction of the wizard Van Decken. "Perhaps he deserves your scorn."

She removes a key, unlocks the door of the ornate building behind her and walks inside. The door snaps closed with a self satisfied click.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140

The man glares at Alarra, and continues walking.
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you surmise it's wise to have laser beams emitting from your eyes?
    -They Might Be Giants, "The Lady and the Tiger"

21. - Top - End - #141

PS happens upon a small produce stand - the purveyor of which seems to have stepped out. A small sign hanging over the edge reads "Apples: 1cp". At this point it occurs to him that he has no money on his person. Er, penguin.

Those apples didn't look that good anyway. He decides to head back up the street, turning just in time to see the old woman enter a large mansion. He stands stunned for a moment. Didn't see that one coming. I wonder who or what the old woman really is...

He then notices a few others have ventured into the street, though from his current position he can see neither the mime nor the sushi salesmen from the previous day. He does notice that the llama is present, however.

The penguin heads back to his igloo to retrieve a copper or two.
    Last edited by Penguinsushi; 2007-07-12 at 09:54 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

The Boot. Fear it.

22. - Top - End - #142

Shuffle shuffle shuffle. The figure shuffled until it lurched in front of the weirding woman.

"Hunnnng. Unnnggg."

It watches her arm extend, shuffles to one side to peer, raising a withered arm to shield ruined eyes from the sun.

"*Helgraf Unnnghghs (points) at Captain von der Decken*
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

23. - Top - End - #143

Korias, Having Removed himself from the tree yesterday night, walks out onto the street. Having seen everybody bicker and squabble once more, he sighs and sleepily walks over to the bar, Triping into the Capitan Van Der Decken. He apologizes, before moving on.

24. - Top - End - #144

PaladinGuy

As the cleric glances down at the button in his hand, the blood drains from his face. He hurriedly casts the button away from himself .
    The wizard Van Decken? Those who control unholy magic are always deserving of attention. But why should I follow the instructions of a witch just on her say so? It seems that quite a few people are following her lead.

Bah. My god shall protect me whereever I go, as long as I have faith, and fight daily against all evil. I am just not yet convinced of his evil.
    Last edited by evnafets; 2007-07-13 at 12:16 AM.
    I wanna be a POODLE!

25. - Top - End - #145

Vonriel walks out of the tavern, looking refreshed. Looking around, he is astonished to see a llama walking about in the open, apparently without a master. What the hell? A holy animal, walking around, unguarded? And nobody is treating it with the deference it deserves! The bartender was right, this place is just plain weird. He finds a place to sit in the corner of town, so he can watch the goings-on without much trouble. It would seem that the warning given me by that man was right, I walked in in the midst of a rebellion. He continues musing to himself for a while, settling in to make himself comfortable before deciding who he should help the locals kill.
    -Vonriel

"DEMONS RUN WHEN A GOOD MAN GOES TO WAR."

26. - Top - End - #146
    Dwarf in the Playground

XF's keen ears pick up Vonriel's speech.

Wait...did you say holy animal? There's a llama around? How could I possibly have passed up the opportunity to treat such a being with the proper respect? I must seek it out. Where is it? What has it been doing? Have I interacted with it? I must go talk to the helpful man who gave me these balloons. He was quiet, but kind.

27. - Top - End - #147

Knowing that cats love fish, the Sushi salesman decides to follow CurlyKitGirl in hopes that she might lead him to the penguin or at least some fish.
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2007-07-13 at 08:02 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

Akaziel runs out into the street to point at Pwenet.
    I'm VERY busy due to real life and whatnot, so I'm taking a break from all WWs and SGs. I should have warned y'all beforehand, and I apologize if I've inconvenienced any of you due to my many autolynches. I really should have stated how busy my life is.

'Tis my Team RAF Trophy Case.

Yay for my Ceikatar! w00t!

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

THe junk merchant paints a name "Pwenet" on a cheap brown hat.

Free hat!
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

30. - Top - End - #150

The mime wakes up. As he gets up to walk, he runs right into the wall of the invisible barrier that has held him for a day. He screams in frustration at this again, but no one hears the sound. They only see the movements of him stomping around in utter madness and appearance of shouting obscenities at nothing.

He waves at Helgraf, then makes a gesture that the old wizard in the tower is a friend by gesturing at Captain Van Der Decken and giving a thumbs up sign.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic