New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Thumbs up Inhuman (Scilight #2)

I'm taking my short plugs of webcomics that haven't been discussed much here and turning them into a regular Monday series called Scilight, short for Scientivore's Spotlight. There are only two so far.

Inhuman
    First Page
    Home Page
    On Piperka

What
    Another high-quality webcomic that we haven't discussed. Inhuman is a character-driven, atmospheric, surreal sci-fi drama. It just finished Arc 5 so this seems like a good time to promote it.

Pluses
    Inhuman has a unique art style that suits it very well, as it frequently delves into madness, violence and other dark themes. I usually don't enjoy those themes and at times it has seriously disturbed me; it's so well-done that I like it anyway.

Also, the writer/artist H. Carlian has created some very interesting characters. I find myself wanting to know more about them, which is something that I can't say about most real people.

Cautions
    It has anthro aliens. The creator insists that they're not furries. Some people may be allergic regardless.

In the author's own words: "Inhuman is reccomended for 16 years of age and up. The comic contains violence, sexually suggestive situations, substance abuse, *some* sex, language and disturbing imagery. It is also a rather complicated plot which requires the reader to pay attention and asks the reader to think carefully about the information presented to them. For this reason, 16+ is requested."

Previous
    Scilight #1: Gravity

Original
    Spoiler
    Show
    Here's another spotlight on a high-quality webcomic that we haven't discussed. (I searched to be sure.) Looks like I might be making this a regular Monday feature.

Inhuman just finished Arc 5 so this seems like a good time to promote it. It has a really unique art style that suits it very well, as it frequently delves into madness, violence and other dark themes. I usually don't enjoy those themes -- yeah, I know, all evidence to the contrary -- and at times Inhuman has really disturbed me. I like it anyway.

Also, it has anthro aliens. The author insists that they're not furries. Some people may be allergic regardless.

Caution from the website: "Inhuman is reccomended for 16 years of age and up. The comic contains violence, sexually suggestive situations, substance abuse, *some* sex, language and disturbing imagery. It is also a rather complicated plot which requires the reader to pay attention and asks the reader to think carefully about the information presented to them. For this reason, 16+ is requested."

I'll allow that it might look like I'm really into the surreal and twisted if you just look at this one, my last recommendation, my Questionable Content fanmix and my Erfworld fanmix. I assure you, I also enjoy some good, wholesome, light-hearted stories like Girl Genius.

Who knows? Maybe next week I'll highlight a sweet, gentle webcomic that is appropriate for all ages! ...or not, whichever I feel like.
    Last edited by Scientivore; 2007-06-04 at 12:30 AM. Reason: fixed the title to put the webcomic first
    My avatar is a remix that I made of Prince Ansom. Resource credit:
    Spoiler
    Show

Snag some Erfworld avatars and backgrounds, make some lolerfs and motivators (or demotivators), read my Erfworld fanmix, or check out my latest spotlight on an under-discussed webcomic: Head Trip (Scilight #13)!

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Inhuman

Quote Originally Posted by Scientivore View Post
    Here's another spotlight on a high-quality webcomic that we haven't discussed. (I searched to be sure.) Looks like I might be making this a regular Monday feature.

Inhuman just finished Arc 5 so this seems like a good time to promote it. It has a really unique art style that suits it very well, as it frequently delves into madness, violence and other dark themes. I usually don't enjoy those themes -- yeah, I know, all evidence to the contrary -- and at times Inhuman has really disturbed me. I like it anyway.

Also, it has anthro aliens. The author insists that they're not furries. Some people may be allergic regardless.

Caution from the website: "Inhuman is reccomended for 16 years of age and up. The comic contains violence, sexually suggestive situations, substance abuse, *some* sex, language and disturbing imagery. It is also a rather complicated plot which requires the reader to pay attention and asks the reader to think carefully about the information presented to them. For this reason, 16+ is requested."

I'll allow that it might look like I'm really into the surreal and twisted if you just look at this one, my last recommendation, my Questionable Content fanmix and my Erfworld fanmix. I assure you, I also enjoy some good, wholesome, light-hearted stories like Girl Genius.

Who knows? Maybe next week I'll highlight a sweet, gentle webcomic that is appropriate for all ages! ...or not, whichever I feel like.
    Every one of the links in your post has the "http" bit duplicated, leading them all to a Wikipedia entry.
    Last edited by Midnight Lurker; 2007-04-30 at 06:09 PM.
    The Evil Midnight Lurker what Lurks at Midnight
    "An object at rest -- CANNOT BE STOPPED!!!!!"

3. - Top - End - #3
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

You know, I have to say, Scient, I have quickely learned to listen whenever you reccomend a webcomic. Good stuff.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Lurker View Post
    Every one of the links in your post has the "http" bit duplicated, leading them all to a Wikipedia entry.
    Thanks! I was doing a quick ctrl-v enter so I didn't even notice that the Insert Link script dialogue was adding that in front. Fixed them, also fixed the links in my other posts from the last few days...except the ones where I typed out the url tag, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    You know, I have to say, Scient, I have quickely learned to listen whenever you reccomend a webcomic. Good stuff.
    I'm glad you like it! As long as at least one person shares my taste, it'll be worth it for me to write up a short spotlight once a week.
    Last edited by Scientivore; 2007-05-01 at 02:10 AM.
    My avatar is a remix that I made of Prince Ansom. Resource credit:
    Spoiler
    Show

Snag some Erfworld avatars and backgrounds, make some lolerfs and motivators (or demotivators), read my Erfworld fanmix, or check out my latest spotlight on an under-discussed webcomic: Head Trip (Scilight #13)!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scientivore View Post
    I'm glad you like it! As long as at least one person shares my taste, it'll be worth it for me to write up a short spotlight once a week.
    So far every one you posted I liked. On the other hand, every you posted I already knew.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

I'm looking into the first strips (you know, first impact) and this looks like a good webcomic! thanks!!
    Sneaky lying worshipper of Lord of the Seventh and proud member of the Baatezu Lovers Club! Why don't you join?

Lord Baalzebul avatar made by Shattersnap