New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Obsidian and Paradox's new joint title: Tyranny

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    That's not entirely what I was asking...

Spoiler: Conquest and Game Spoilers!
    Show
    What I'm trying to say is I want to strongly link the decisions I make in Conquest with the quests I do in the game proper, to create a more cohesive narrative, and if I do one of the non-Anarchist paths, I won't see everything, so there's the risk of me making a decision in Conquest that I don't get to revisit, like say, reading the Edict of Fire and then never getting the chance to go to the Burning Library in the game. It feels like the only GUARANTEED place you'll visit in every playthrough is Stalwart, so the Edict of Storms FEELS like a safe bet, but then you don't get the opportunities to influence your companions through Conquest decisions, like with allowing Sirin to build her cults for a much-needed boost, as I've heard that there are VERY few opportunities in the game itself to build her Loyalty through dialogue, or the influence you get with Eb by going to Apex and making decisions directly concerning the Tidecasters, or with Verse by helping the Scarlet Chorus in Azure. I just feel like there's so many plates in the air at once with this game, and it's frustrating to try and figure out the path I'll eventually weave through it, because I don't want to tick Eb off by kicking Tarkis Arri off the Spire, and that pretty much locks me into the Rebel path instead of the Anarchist one if I want to tell the Disfavored and Scarlet Chorus to stuff it...
    Spoiler
    Show
    As I understand it, at the moment, if you choose Disfavoured, you will only be able to vists either LKethian's crossing or the Burning Library. Which is annoying if those were the things you chose in Conquest.

It is not entirely clear whether this is a bug or not, sine Lethain's Crossing seems to have a lot of mess surrounding it. Given it can be opened up at the end of Act I at the same time as you have to go and report to Tunon and the side-quests that appears to link to it, it seems to be implied that you should be able to go do part of it along with everything else, but there are some serious bug with the area if you actually do it before you are "supposed" to. (Which is ridiculous since it lets you go there before you are "supposed" to.) Some of this will hopefully be fixed in a patch (or likely by modders down the line if Obsidian for some bizarre reason don't). Obsidan, however, are not Paradox Deveopement Studios and usually take their sweet time in releasing patches even for fairly game-breaking stuff like this...

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    As I understand it, at the moment, if you choose Disfavoured, you will only be able to vists either LKethian's crossing or the Burning Library. Which is annoying if those were the things you chose in Conquest.

It is not entirely clear whether this is a bug or not, sine Lethain's Crossing seems to have a lot of mess surrounding it. Given it can be opened up at the end of Act I at the same time as you have to go and report to Tunon and the side-quests that appears to link to it, it seems to be implied that you should be able to go do part of it along with everything else, but there are some serious bug with the area if you actually do it before you are "supposed" to. (Which is ridiculous since it lets you go there before you are "supposed" to.) Some of this will hopefully be fixed in a patch (or likely by modders down the line if Obsidian for some bizarre reason don't). Obsidan, however, are not Paradox Deveopement Studios and usually take their sweet time in releasing patches even for fairly game-breaking stuff like this...
    Spoiler
    Show
    So part of it this may be a bug rather than how the game is set up? The implication I seem to be getting is that both Leithan's Crossing and Stalwart are the two locations in the game that you'll ALWAYS go to, and the Burning Library and Stone Sea you may not see due to what you chose, and Apex is covered by the first act.
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2016-11-27 at 09:44 PM.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    So part of it this may be a bug rather than how the game is set up? The implication I seem to be getting is that both Leithan's Crossing and Stalwart are the two locations in the game that you'll ALWAYS go to, and the Burning Library and Stone Sea you may not see due to what you chose, and Apex is covered by the first act.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Having got to this myself, what it apperas to be is that you can go to Lethians Crossing (and claim the Shrine - though you have to guess or lookup online the pattern and you only get two rubbings) regardless, but you basically get a dialogue choice between the Library and Lethian's Crossing for the main quests (the former of which opens the map location).

If you choose the library, you don't get the main quests in the town.

It has been, apparently, reported one notable problem that is you go to the town first before picking it as one of the aforementioned dialogue options or something, it means that its quest does not, in fact, unlock.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Another question regarding the game's branching plot paths. Spoilers will naturally follow...
    Spoiler
    Show
    As previously established, if you're not playing the Anarchist path, you won't go everywhere and do everything. However, it appears to be possible to disable all Edicts on a single, non-Anarchist playthrough, locking you out of the main quests in Leithan's Crossing. Since Leithan's Crossing's quests involve claiming the town's Spire, you obviously can't get all the Spires in a non-Anarchist playthrough where you disable all the Edicts. My question is this: if you do a path where you won't disable all Edicts, will you be able to get all the Spires in that playthrough? Or is it basically the same thing where, if you want to get all the Spires, you'll have to go Anarchist?

Also, is it possible to get Graven Ashe and/or the Voices of Nerat to kneel to you on a Rebel or Anarchist playthrough, or can you only do so on the Disfavored/Scarlet Chorus paths respectively, forcing you to kill them on the Rebel/Anarchist paths?
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2016-12-01 at 01:59 AM.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Another question regarding the game's branching plot paths. Spoilers will naturally follow...
    Spoiler
    Show
    As previously established, if you're not playing the Anarchist path, you won't go everywhere and do everything. However, it appears to be possible to disable all Edicts on a single, non-Anarchist playthrough, locking you out of the main quests in Leithan's Crossing. Since Leithan's Crossing's quests involve claiming the town's Spire, you obviously can't get all the Spires in a non-Anarchist playthrough where you disable all the Edicts. My question is this: if you do a path where you won't disable all Edicts, will you be able to get all the Spires in that playthrough? Or is it basically the same thing where, if you want to get all the Spires, you'll have to go Anarchist?

Also, is it possible to get Graven Ashe and/or the Voices of Nerat to kneel to you on a Rebel or Anarchist playthrough, or can you only do so on the Disfavored/Scarlet Chorus paths respectively, forcing you to kill them on the Rebel/Anarchist paths?
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can get all of the spires on a non-anarchist playthrough, you'll just need to figure out the pattern you need to activate the Crossing one from two pieces of the rubbing (the third one is quest-locked).

I don't know about the Archons, but considering what makes Ashe kneel before you on a Disfavored playthrough, I doubt that will happen on another route...
    Last edited by Divayth Fyr; 2016-12-01 at 02:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Divayth Fyr View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can get all of the spires on a non-anarchist playthrough, you'll just need to figure out the pattern you need to activate the Crossing one from two pieces of the rubbing (the third one is quest-locked).

I don't know about the Archons, but considering what makes Ashe kneel before you on a Disfavored playthrough, I doubt that will happen on another route...
    Spoiler
    Show
    What do you mean? Could you elaborate, please?

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    What do you mean? Could you elaborate, please?
    Spoiler: spires
    Show
    You access the spires (except for the first one) by creating a certain pattern (on a sort of magical "grid") to activate their teleporters. The patterns themselves you learn from pieces you find (usually they are close), with three giving you the full design If you don't pick the Crossing quest you can still pick up two pieces, which is enough to figure out what the full symbol should be.

Spoiler: Ashe, just in case
    Show
    He bows down to you when you tell him that his own men look up to you, since you were in the field fighting alongside them, while he remained in the back

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Divayth Fyr View Post
    Spoiler: spires
    Show
    You access the spires (except for the first one) by creating a certain pattern (on a sort of magical "grid") to activate their teleporters. The patterns themselves you learn from pieces you find (usually they are close), with three giving you the full design If you don't pick the Crossing quest you can still pick up two pieces, which is enough to figure out what the full symbol should be.

Spoiler: Ashe, just in case
    Show
    He bows down to you when you tell him that his own men look up to you, since you were in the field fighting alongside them, while he remained in the back
    Both answers were helpful. Thank you!

Spoiler: Another Question
    Show
    How does Stone Sea work if you don't go to Leithan's Crossing? Can you still dispel the Edict of Stone and stuff? Part of me's tempted to go to the Burning Library on the Rebel Path, but I'm not sure if Stone Sea's content is dependent on the events of Leithan's Crossing.
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2016-12-01 at 04:41 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Both answers were helpful. Thank you!

Spoiler: Another Question
    Show
    How does Stone Sea work if you don't go to Leithan's Crossing? Can you still dispel the Edict of Stone and stuff? Part of me's tempted to go to the Burning Library on the Rebel Path, but I'm not sure if Stone Sea's content is dependent on the events of Leithan's Crossing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    There's a bit of a bug with the Stone Sea. You get a shield (artifact) which the quest log then tells you to bring back to Bleden Mark. However, if you go directly to him you get screwed out of being able to end the Edict. You need to bring the shield back to the village elder guy (the beastwoman) FIRST so that he opens up access to the other spire and the ability to break the edict, from what I read. You can still get the spire if you do it in the wrong order, but the Edict will remain.

Don't think it has anything to do with Leithan's crossing though. I opened the spire there by going there right after the first meeting with Tunon and then went to the burning library.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Colossus in the Playground

The village elder is a beastwoman, also a guy, who goes by the pronoun "he"?

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    There's a bit of a bug with the Stone Sea. You get a shield (artifact) which the quest log then tells you to bring back to Bleden Mark. However, if you go directly to him you get screwed out of being able to end the Edict. You need to bring the shield back to the village elder guy (the beastwoman) FIRST so that he opens up access to the other spire and the ability to break the edict, from what I read. You can still get the spire if you do it in the wrong order, but the Edict will remain.

Don't think it has anything to do with Leithan's crossing though. I opened the spire there by going there right after the first meeting with Tunon and then went to the burning library.
    Spoiler: Stone Sea Question
    Show
    Isn't the plot of Stone Sea contingent upon who you side with in Leithan's Crossing, though? Like "Side with Forge-Bound -> Ally with Earthshakers/Side with Bronze Brotherhood -> Ally with Stonestalker Tribe" and that affects what outcomes you have since "Earthshakers want you to end Edict and infuse them with Cairn's power/Stonestalkers want you to NOT end the Edict so they can continue benefitting from its effects"?

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Stone Sea Question
    Show
    Isn't the plot of Stone Sea contingent upon who you side with in Leithan's Crossing, though? Like "Side with Forge-Bound -> Ally with Earthshakers/Side with Bronze Brotherhood -> Ally with Stonestalker Tribe" and that affects what outcomes you have since "Earthshakers want you to end Edict and infuse them with Cairn's power/Stonestalkers want you to NOT end the Edict so they can continue benefitting from its effects"?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't think so. I think the decision in the Stone Sea stand alone. You can ally with the Stonestalkers while having murdered your way through the Bronze Brotherhood or vice versa. As long as you get access to Howling Rock you can end the Edict. As mentioned if you get the Shield and give it to Bleden Mark before talking to the Beastwoman you can get locked out of getting there until it's too late though.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't think so. I think the decision in the Stone Sea stand alone. You can ally with the Stonestalkers while having murdered your way through the Bronze Brotherhood or vice versa. As long as you get access to Howling Rock you can end the Edict. As mentioned if you get the Shield and give it to Bleden Mark before talking to the Beastwoman you can get locked out of getting there until it's too late though.
    Spoiler: Another Stone Sea Question
    Show
    How much will the Stonestalkers suffer if I end the Edict? Part of me wants to play a Hunter Fatebinder, but I don't want to screw over the Stonestalkers if I do. It'd be like betraying my parents, and from what I've read, it seems that the outcome that benefits the Stonestalkers the most is to just let the Edict persist, while virtually all of my actual party members, even Kills-In-Shadows, the actual beastwoman companion, approve of ending the Edict.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Thoughts on completion:

Spoiler
    Show
    Completed my first playthrough - despite the warnings of short playtime, I have clocked up a respectable 49 hours (including a fair few bit reloaded and such, I think the save play time was about 35-40 hours).

(I suspect, among other things, if one absolutely insists of stealthing everywhere...)

I went in to try and be as Lawful Evil and loyal a minion in the great cog of Kyros' empire as possible. I was enor,ously frustrated with both the Disfavoured and the Chorus, and wanted nothing more than to smack both around the head; but I went with Disfavoured nevertheless.

A fine game, I think, but not without its flaws.

Arbitarily locking off one of the areas in Act II is my first and biggest complaint. Other than to enforce pushing multiple playthroughs, there was no good reason to do that. (Especially since the Burning Library is a fairly sub-optimal choice compared to the others.)

The second was that playing disfavoured locked you in to having to fight at least three seperate forces with no chance to negotiate, which was annoying, especially as it was basically rmoving some of the roleplaying aspects of a roleplaying game when - aside from looking online - you had no idea that it was going to do that.

My final major quibble is that remaining loyal to Kyros did not appear to be an option. While on the one hand, becoming the new ruler of a new lawful evi Empire, and being able to mold the Disfavoured into something better (and less bigoted, if Archon Vilfumia has anything to say about it...) was nice and all, but I really felt that in a game where you were the servant of the Man (of the Woman in this case), wrapping up the Tiers and presenting it to the boss along with the heads or all the numpties who fracked it up should have been an option. I found the disconnect of all the way through until the last act basically having the mindset of "gonna be loyal to Kyros" and fully expecting to have to knobble both sides, suddenly being thrust into having to betray Kyros whether I (or my character) wanted to was kind of... irritating. Missing the point a bit, even.

(I was pleasantly surrised to find I was able to co-opt the disfavoured, I really wasn't expecting that, nor to have Tunon go "actually, no you're innocent," so that was a consolation prize, at any rate.)

Mechnically, I thought the game was fine. I generally prefer class systens, but given the robust and fun magic system, and self-boasting Subterfuge/Athletics/Lore I think it was easily the best implemented I've ever seen.
    If/when I play again, I think I will concentrate far more on Lore (I spent a good half of the game boosting Dodge as unarmed, but failed to be able to make that so excessively high nothing could hit me). So next time, infirmary first (matser lore trainer), then library, then forge and training centre (seeing as really, the forge did very little for me in the end, aside from upgrading some gear. Had I not used stuff on Barik, I really wouldn't have noticed much.

Companion-wise, Verse had a certain charm (and as often the case, got stuck as being Companion That Goes Everywhere); Bariak was okay, and I used him as tank for large chunks of the game, but eventually just gave up and broguth Lantry back in (whi I think was the most fun character-wise) to join Eb and went with basically three and a half casters. (Next time, I might be tempted to go with Sirin (whom I used very briefly)/Eb/Lantry and go all mages. Kills-in-Shadow was mildly amusing, but utterly mechanically unappealing and never left the spire.

I would be cautiously interested in expansions (perhaps dealing with post-game Kyros). Exploring the world under Kyros' rule elsewhere would be interested, but I think somewhat stymied by the lack of monsters aside from Bane. Don't get me wrong, I am not troubled by the use of primarily humans (or classed NPCs if this were D&D), but narratively, it would make having a big bad somewhat difficult (especially not without retreading the Archon ground).

I think Tyranny could have used a little more polish to bring it to a grander sheen for my money, but for once, being allowed a principally Evil playthrough (where I could be efficiently Lawful Evil) is a very large mark in its favour.

(I actually really am not that bothered about a rebel playthrough - maybe next time a "kill all of the factions" one might be fun (since they are all a bit paff...), but that's about as far as my interest would stretch.

It is worth noting that VANISHINGLY few games, especially RPGs, manage to garner more than two playthroughs from me, the most notable exception being the paragon that is Planescape Torment, which has had about 3.75 full playthroughs out of me, and ME 1 and KotR 2 which managed three.)

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Thoughts on completion:

Spoiler
    Show
    Completed my first playthrough - despite the warnings of short playtime, I have clocked up a respectable 49 hours (including a fair few bit reloaded and such, I think the save play time was about 35-40 hours).

(I suspect, among other things, if one absolutely insists of stealthing everywhere...)

I went in to try and be as Lawful Evil and loyal a minion in the great cog of Kyros' empire as possible. I was enor,ously frustrated with both the Disfavoured and the Chorus, and wanted nothing more than to smack both around the head; but I went with Disfavoured nevertheless.

A fine game, I think, but not without its flaws.

Arbitarily locking off one of the areas in Act II is my first and biggest complaint. Other than to enforce pushing multiple playthroughs, there was no good reason to do that. (Especially since the Burning Library is a fairly sub-optimal choice compared to the others.)

The second was that playing disfavoured locked you in to having to fight at least three seperate forces with no chance to negotiate, which was annoying, especially as it was basically rmoving some of the roleplaying aspects of a roleplaying game when - aside from looking online - you had no idea that it was going to do that.

My final major quibble is that remaining loyal to Kyros did not appear to be an option. While on the one hand, becoming the new ruler of a new lawful evi Empire, and being able to mold the Disfavoured into something better (and less bigoted, if Archon Vilfumia has anything to say about it...) was nice and all, but I really felt that in a game where you were the servant of the Man (of the Woman in this case), wrapping up the Tiers and presenting it to the boss along with the heads or all the numpties who fracked it up should have been an option. I found the disconnect of all the way through until the last act basically having the mindset of "gonna be loyal to Kyros" and fully expecting to have to knobble both sides, suddenly being thrust into having to betray Kyros whether I (or my character) wanted to was kind of... irritating. Missing the point a bit, even.

(I was pleasantly surrised to find I was able to co-opt the disfavoured, I really wasn't expecting that, nor to have Tunon go "actually, no you're innocent," so that was a consolation prize, at any rate.)

Mechnically, I thought the game was fine. I generally prefer class systens, but given the robust and fun magic system, and self-boasting Subterfuge/Athletics/Lore I think it was easily the best implemented I've ever seen.
    If/when I play again, I think I will concentrate far more on Lore (I spent a good half of the game boosting Dodge as unarmed, but failed to be able to make that so excessively high nothing could hit me). So next time, infirmary first (matser lore trainer), then library, then forge and training centre (seeing as really, the forge did very little for me in the end, aside from upgrading some gear. Had I not used stuff on Barik, I really wouldn't have noticed much.

Companion-wise, Verse had a certain charm (and as often the case, got stuck as being Companion That Goes Everywhere); Bariak was okay, and I used him as tank for large chunks of the game, but eventually just gave up and broguth Lantry back in (whi I think was the most fun character-wise) to join Eb and went with basically three and a half casters. (Next time, I might be tempted to go with Sirin (whom I used very briefly)/Eb/Lantry and go all mages. Kills-in-Shadow was mildly amusing, but utterly mechanically unappealing and never left the spire.

I would be cautiously interested in expansions (perhaps dealing with post-game Kyros). Exploring the world under Kyros' rule elsewhere would be interested, but I think somewhat stymied by the lack of monsters aside from Bane. Don't get me wrong, I am not troubled by the use of primarily humans (or classed NPCs if this were D&D), but narratively, it would make having a big bad somewhat difficult (especially not without retreading the Archon ground).

I think Tyranny could have used a little more polish to bring it to a grander sheen for my money, but for once, being allowed a principally Evil playthrough (where I could be efficiently Lawful Evil) is a very large mark in its favour.

(I actually really am not that bothered about a rebel playthrough - maybe next time a "kill all of the factions" one might be fun (since they are all a bit paff...), but that's about as far as my interest would stretch.

It is worth noting that VANISHINGLY few games, especially RPGs, manage to garner more than two playthroughs from me, the most notable exception being the paragon that is Planescape Torment, which has had about 3.75 full playthroughs out of me, and ME 1 and KotR 2 which managed three.)

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm of the same mind, more or less. They could have managed to put a couple more "no-brainer" options there easily, like total loyalty and stuff. Seems a bit weird, backstabbing your own concept like that.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    Spoiler: Major Stalwart spoilers
    Show
    When I played through a second time, I was able to convince the Unbroken to join me and murdered the Disfavored instead...then got to Regent, and he still wouldn't listen and forced me to murder him and his men. Okay, required boss battle, fine. But then, I didn't get the option to save the baby. I was given an option to research it, but the decision was pressed upon me right then that the Unbroken wouldn't join me unless baby goes bye-bye. I decided on "the greater good" and killed the baby, but it bothers me that one path gave me the option to save it and the other didn't. It wasn't a lore or subterfuge check - my character had very high stats in both.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Regent really wants to protect his granddaughter and he knows that noboby interested in Sentinel Keep or breaking the Edict will let her live, as he himself ignores the law which could save her. And he probably isn't aware of the Chorus' "you shall protect and nurture children" law either.

As for the baby, I was certain that I read something about being able to save her in an Unbroken playthrough. I would have thought that options opened to the Disfavored (asking Graven Ashe for advice and him directing you to the Burning Library, or asking your fellow Fatebinders at the Court) wouldn't be opened to a Rebel player, but that the Lore option would have still be opened.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Stalwart
    Show
    I don't recall what was my lore level, but my chatacter who sided with the Unbroken did get that lore option to save the baby.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

So I' m stuck in my Disfavored playthrough at the Blade Grave Oldwalls. I apparently need a keystone in the Twin Rivers Oldwalls dungeon to progress further, but I have no idea how to unlock Twin Rivers as a travel location. Help?

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    So I' m stuck in my Disfavored playthrough at the Blade Grave Oldwalls. I apparently need a keystone in the Twin Rivers Oldwalls dungeon to progress further, but I have no idea how to unlock Twin Rivers as a travel location. Help?
    As far as I know, you should only need the keystones for the Blade Grave to progress. The extra keystones from the other Oldwalls only provide you with access to additional loot - the same is true of Twin Rivers requiring keystones from Blade Grave to get them. My advice would be to look around further - I progressed through the Blade Grave Oldwalls as a Disfavored without ever accessing the Twin Rivers.

Accessing the Twin Rivers Oldwalls comes with a questline in Lethian's Crossing, which may not be available yet on your playthrough. I killed the plot-relevant NPC for that questline upon meeting him, so unfortunately I have no advice on that front.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Have you clicked on all the square doofer jobs? I remember getting stuck there myself (thinking the same thing) and then realising there's one on the wall to the left just at the entrance to the big chamber with the stasis-what'd'macall-it-quest-goal-dead-bloke-thingy in that raises a staircase to more bits.

21. - Top - End - #81

Have you clicked on all the square doofer jobs? I remember getting stuck there myself (thinking the same thing) and then realising there's one on the wall to the left just at the entrance to the big chamber with the stasis-what'd'macall-it-quest-goal-dead-bloke-thingy in that raises a staircase to more bits.
    Bingo! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    As far as I know, you should only need the keystones for the Blade Grave to progress. The extra keystones from the other Oldwalls only provide you with access to additional loot - the same is true of Twin Rivers requiring keystones from Blade Grave to get them. My advice would be to look around further - I progressed through the Blade Grave Oldwalls as a Disfavored without ever accessing the Twin Rivers.

Accessing the Twin Rivers Oldwalls comes with a questline in Lethian's Crossing, which may not be available yet on your playthrough. I killed the plot-relevant NPC for that questline upon meeting him, so unfortunately I have no advice on that front.
    Maybe it's only available as Scarlet Chorus, or maybe you need Forge-Bound reputation. I can't get anyone in Lethien's Crossing to give me quests, I just got some evidence about the smuggled iron then unlocked my spire and left.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe it's only available as Scarlet Chorus, or maybe you need Forge-Bound reputation. I can't get anyone in Lethien's Crossing to give me quests, I just got some evidence about the smuggled iron then unlocked my spire and left.
    You can't get that key stone without doing the main Lethian's Crossing quest line and - if you made the mistake of going to Lethians' Crossing before you were "supposed" to, it can be rather buggy down that was (though supposedly they'd fixed that).

I had some warning, so I didn't go to Lethian's crossing until after Blade Grave.

(The fact you've unlocked the spire suggests you've done it before the Lethian's Crossing main quest, since that doesn't let you to the Spire until that's completed. Whether if you take the Lethain's Cross main quest later on, it'll make the quest happen I don't know. There were certainly complaints that it did not early on. Obsidian did an unusually poor job with that one area - partly because of them basically trying to force you to only be able to do 3/4 areas in act II, I think.)

23. - Top - End - #83

I definitely went to the Crossing first, because it was closer. Apparently that was a mistake. I had delayed buying Tyranny until Christmas in hopes that would be long enough for Obsidian to patch all the bugs their games inevitably are studded with on first release.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2016-12-31 at 02:02 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

I definitely went to the Crossing first, because it was closer. Apparently that was a mistake. I had delayed buying Tyranny until Christmas in hopes that would be long enough for Obsidian to patch all the bugs their games inevitably are studded with on first release.
    Well, SUPPOSEDLY the patch they released was going to have fixed the most egarious issues. Once you have done Blade Grave (I'm assuming, like me, you are doing Disfavoured) and the next main quests open up (wih Lethian's being one of the options), with luck, you should be able to do the Lethian's Crossing quests then once they've activated. (If they have, indeed, fixed it. If they have you're in a better position than I was, because you'll have gotten the Spire early! I suspect, given that they opened up Lethian's Crossing so early, that was the original intention or something...)

25. - Top - End - #85
    Barbarian in the Playground

You should get the quest to go to Lethians (or the Library) after you finish the blade graves area. I basically did the same thing you did, I went to Lethians first just to explore and since there wasnt really much to do I left for the Blade Graves. It worked normally after finishing the graves and Graven Ashe gave me the choice of areas to go to next.

26. - Top - End - #86

Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    You should get the quest to go to Lethians (or the Library) after you finish the blade graves area. I basically did the same thing you did, I went to Lethians first just to explore and since there wasnt really much to do I left for the Blade Graves. It worked normally after finishing the graves and Graven Ashe gave me the choice of areas to go to next.
    But I can only get one of them? Cause if I have to pick between the two, my magic-focused character is going to pick the Library.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

But I can only get one of them? Cause if I have to pick between the two, my magic-focused character is going to pick the Library.
    Yeah, wherever you visit you won't be able to go to the one you don't pick. I've never been to the Library as a result.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Actually... Then you want to do Lethian's. (As you, by the sounds of it, are doing it more or less exactly the way I did.) You actually get better magical gubbins from the Lethian's quest than the library. And yes, you are only allowed to do one. (Until such time as someone inevitably mods it...)

Really annoying, isn't it? Especially if - like me - your conquest involved both library and Lethian's, since you can't do both.

Probably my biggest gripe with Tyranny is the arbitatary "you can't do all the locations" which seems to solely exist to make you do multiple playtrhoughs. In a relatively short game like Tyranny, it seems insane not to make the most of the content. I REALLY am not a fan of the mindset that one of their design critieons was that they wanted you to play it several times.

(Disfavoured, actually, also locks you out of other options aside from "kill everyone" with at least three of the groups, which is irritating considering as far as you are aware, you are picking between LE and CE, not LE-and-martial and CE-and-sneaky.)

29. - Top - End - #89

I've been trying to hold to a roughly LN attitude for the most part, seemingly appropriate for someone who is basically a Fantasy Judge Dredd.