New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Eager Elves

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Eager Elves

This has probably already been mentioned, if so sorry but I couldnt resist. In Ansom's war council where he dictates the plan for the attack on Gobwin Knob, he says that once a breach is opened, the "eager elves" race will go in first. I was re-reading it and I suddenly realised; the eager elf leaer shown saying "woo! yes!" Is Link from the Zelda series, just in maroon rather than his trademark green. The hat is the same, and the sword slung over his back bears a striking resemblance to the Master Sword. This is probably a joke based on the common factor in every Zelda game that Link is willing to go around, fight monsters, save the world etc without complaint, for usually no reward.

So...yeah, discuss/laugh. Or tell me i'm dumb if this has been mentioned
    The Gods work in mysterious ways. Like a healing shiv.

Thog kill. Thog like puppies. Thog full of amusing contradictions.

Proud member of NO FREAKING FANCLUBS

2. - Top - End - #2
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: Eager Elves

Ummmmm.... yeah, we've figured that out already.

*makes various insults to Atheist_Cleric's intelligence*
    *cowers in fear of reprisals*
    *apologizes for the insults*
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Eager Elves

Quote Originally Posted by Atheist_Cleric View Post
    This has probably already been mentioned, if so sorry but I couldnt resist. In Ansom's war council where he dictates the plan for the attack on Gobwin Knob, he says that once a breach is opened, the "eager elves" race will go in first. I was re-reading it and I suddenly realised; the eager elf leaer shown saying "woo! yes!" Is Link from the Zelda series, just in maroon rather than his trademark green. The hat is the same, and the sword slung over his back bears a striking resemblance to the Master Sword. This is probably a joke based on the common factor in every Zelda game that Link is willing to go around, fight monsters, save the world etc without complaint, for usually no reward.

So...yeah, discuss/laugh. Or tell me i'm dumb if this has been mentioned
    You're just realizing this now? of course, this leaves the possibility that all of the Eager Elves are, in fact, Links, which would mean that Parson's SCREWED.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.