New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 30 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: lich ruler

1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default lich ruler

here we go people

It is early morning you all awake in your respected regions. As you wake you hear a knock on your doors. And when you answer it a messenger with the crest of Hothmalor a golden ring with a dove and a sword adored on the talberd. He says hes has a message from the council of Hothmalor . He gives you a letter bearing the same crest as the man and as you read the message it tells you to go to the city farwell.
    Last edited by de-trick; 2007-06-20 at 07:11 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: lich ruler

Daiyanissa peers at the letter suspiciously, and skims over the neatly written lines. After deeming the letter true, she dons her Armor and grabs her sword and supplies. "Duty calls", she thinks, and looks over her one acre field. She sighs and leads her horse over the hill, with one last look at her home, with the grain come to harvest and the golden sun just peeping over the horizon. Another sigh comes to her lips, "Goodbye for now", and with that she heads into the city, looking forward to the reason she was called away from her home and family, but ready to accept that she was needed once again to rid the world of evil.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Martin's eyes widen as he reads the letter. "Wow," he says to himself. "I guess when you go looking for adventure, adventure goes looking for you." He looks up to the messenger. "Off to Farwell, then!" Martin quickly packs up and heads off, skipping giddily towards his destination.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Loge sighs, noticing the rather unwelcome visitor who just woke him up. " At least it's not the city guard this time," grumbles Loge, glancing up at the eerily enthusiastic messenger. Loge skims the letter hastily, eyes skipping over the unimportant parts. "Lets see... Hothmalor... Council... Farwell." Another sigh comes out of his mouth as his eyes travel upward to the messenger again. "Go tell your boss I'll be there in a day or so," says Loge, shutting the door and walking over to a cabinet. Unceremoniously, a rapier is shoved into the left of his belt, a crossbow in the right, and a large backpack, riddled with hidden pockets, slung over his shoulder. Grabbing a loaf of bread of a table and biting off a chunk, he leaves the house, locks the door, and begins the trek toward Farwell, wondering "Why do they want me?"
    Last edited by Ka'ladun; 2007-06-20 at 08:19 PM. Reason: purple > teal

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yorrick's heart was racing. Combat. His life on the line, sharp blades and spearheads dancing around in the dark. Near misses and staggering hits. Quick thoughts, quicker action. Frightening, yet thrilling. And Yorrick loved every minute of it.

He'd come to the Kobolds' lair with a companion, some kind of ranger, by the name of Roland. The ranger was like Yorrick; a wandering warrior, intent on ridding small villages from the menacing groups of monsters that plagued the area. Right now, Roland was like Yorrick in another respect; longsword flashing through the air, cleaving into a Kobold slinger who'd been aiming up a shot at Yorrick. The Kobold toppled over, screeching in its death throes as its body spasmed and then lay deathly still.

A quick grunt of acknowledgment for his companion's help, and Yorrick was back to thinning the Kobold ranks, one by one. In a few minutes, the only two left standing were Roland and Yorrick. After checking for any remaining enemies and wiping the reptilian' blood off their weapons, they began to limp back to the village, leaving the corpses to rot to the carrion.

As they came to the city limits, where the villagers were eagerly waiting for news from their newfound champions, a rider bearing a foreign crest rode up alongside the pair. "Hail! Do you know where I can find a fighter by the name of Yorrick Norhelm?" the rider inquired, wasting no time on formalities.

"Wot's yer business with him?" replied Yorrick, suspicious of the man's hasty demeanor and not wanting to reveal his identity just yet.

The messenger glared suspiciously at him and stated flatly, "That's for him alone."

Realizing he wasn't going to find anything out through cautious questioning, Yorrick quickly retreated from any verbal warfare this line of conversation would bring. He wasn't a stereotypically dumb fighter by any means, but bluffing and subtle information gathering? Not his forte.

"Aye then, you've found 'im. Wot's the message?"

"This message." replied the rider after examining Yorrick carefully. After looking him over for another minute or so as Yorrick stood in silence, he handed over an envelope sealed with the same unknown crest as the messenger bore on his chest. As Yorrick accepted the envelope, the rider wordlessly directed his horse around and made rapidly down the road he had come along.

As Yorrick pondered the contents of the envelope, he noticed that his companion had already made his way to the village. Yorrick slowly opened the sealed envelope and took out the letter inside.

Scanning it over quickly, he noticed some unfamiliar names and a map to a city he'd never heard of. As he looked over the map, he grunted in surprise. "Oi, that's a long way!" he thought, "Damn, that's gonna take some hard travel to get there anytime in the next week!"

"Well, it can't be helped. It's not like I'm doing much at the moment anyhow; it might be a distance away, but my curiosity's been piqued. Shame it's rather sparse on the details... Don't trust vague letters like this very much. Eh, if it doesn't work out, I can find something else to do in that area. It's off to Farwell I go!" he thought.

After mulling over a return to the village for supplies, he decided against it. He had everything he'd really need, and the lighter the travel, the better. With renewed vigor, he began to stride off down the road that hasty messenger had come down, off in the direction of the afternoon sun.

As he walked along, he spoke softly up the sky. "Well, Dad, maybe I can be like ye after all."
    Last edited by Methalor; 2007-06-20 at 08:55 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6

DruidGirl

When Daiyanissa arrived in the city, she was awed at the sheer size of all of the buildings, as always, and she felt a little intimidated. Brushing off the fear she walks to a local pub(the Spitting Horseshoe), tying up her horse to the pole located out front. "Stay and be safe", she whispers to her loyal mount. After assuring herself that her friend would be safe, she entered the pub and ordered a glass of water. She sat and scanned the room for anything out of the ordinary, 'Detect Evil' for good measure as well.

After that she looks down to her mug, which is covered in fingerprints and some sort of soot. The water is a strange brownish color as well. Pressing it aside she looks to her wrist to assure her holy symbol of Torm was still intact. She kisses it for blessing and waits. She does not know why she is waiting, only that something tells her that she should.
    Last edited by Daiyanissa; 2007-06-20 at 09:16 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Daiyanissa only

Spoiler
    Show
    you sense a little evil but once you pin point the evil. BANG the door opens and out flys the evil creature a human man and then 2 men pop out of the tavern DON'T COME BACK HERE YOU CHEATER yells the 2 men then when they notice you Hello there who might you be
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

Loge, incessantly muttering "Why didn't I get a horse?" to himself arrives at Farwell after a day and a half journey, bread long since consumed and back aching after sleeping on the ground. Despite his weariness, the city reinvigorates his spirit, if only because of the prospect of money, food, money, rest, and of course, money.

"Farwell? More like well and far. Hah." The futile attempt at a joke is not even funny to Loge, who starts sauntering toward the nearest tavern, an upscale joint called Rick's. He then realizes the distinct lack of money brought and the prospect of getting wasted quickly metamorphosizes into the dream of getting wasted.

"Three gold," he says, peering into his wallet, "Three. Bloody. Gold. Not even enough for a decent bottle of wine!" he moans disparagingly. Disenheartened yet again, Loge, with a reluctant sigh, begins to walk up to random passersby and ask "Oi, what's the cheapest pub around here, mate?

9. - Top - End - #9

that would be the Spitting Horseshoe pretty cheap but its kind of in the bad area thoughthe man points to the general direction
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

10. - Top - End - #10

Yorrick

Spoiler
    Show
    As your walking along the path a caravan creeps up and the driver a old man asks if you would want a ride seeing that there are 3 men in armor lieing down died and one man that is breathing but out of conscience. GOBLINS they attacked us. me and tlaken are the only ones that made it.
    Last edited by de-trick; 2007-06-20 at 10:35 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Martin arrives in Farwell, oblivious to the looks of the town and more interested in the goings-on. Less ready for adventure than he was a long walk ago, Martin looks for a place to rest. He nudges the nearest person sitting in the streets and asks him, "Hello there! Do you know where I could find an interesting place to stay in the city?" He eyes his light pockets and adds, "Um... an interesting and affordable place to stay, that is."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

"'Bad areas' are my forte," Loge days with a grin, and walks off in the direction indicated. A minute later, he stands in front of a dingy building, the walls plastered with dirt and dust. Tilting his head to read the lopsided sign, Loge remarks "I guess this is it," to no one, and opens the door.

13. - Top - End - #13

as you walk in you see a man on the ground and a women in armor with a horse outside
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

14. - Top - End - #14

ah yes for a cheap night there is a tavern i think its called Spitting Horseshoe or something been awhile though.he points to the general direction of the pub
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

"Ah, thank you." Martin walks over to the Spitting Horseshoe.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by de-trick View Post
    As your walking along the path a caravan creeps up and the driver a old man asks if you would want a ride seeing that there are 3 men in armor lieing down died and one man that is breathing but out of conscience. GOBLINS they attacked us. me and tlaken are the only ones that made it.
    "Well met, mate!" Yorrick replied cheerily to the caravan driver's offer.

Staring off down the path, not turning to reply, he casually remarked, "I'd like that muchly, indeed I wou..."

Yorrick choked back his words as he turned towards the caravan and quickly noticed the man's disheveled nature. "Oi now, what happened to you?!" he called, urgency creeping into his voice.

"GOBLINS! They attacked us... Me and Tlaken are the only ones that made it..." the old man replied.

Thoughts began racing rapidly through Yorrick's head. "Damn goblins! Thought Roland said that this area was free of 'em! Can't leave these people in need! I do need to get to Farwell... But I'd be betraying my own code if I were to abandon these people. I must see them safely to their destination, or at least as far as I can get..."

"For the love of Sune, man, ye need some aid! Are ye and Tlaken wounded? Dying?!" Yorrick replied, his thoughts taking mere fractions of a second to congeal into a resolute decision.

"Ol' man, it'd be an honour to see ye to yer destination, under my protection! I'm headed for Farwell meself; if yer destination is beyond there, I'll find ye someone to aid ye further."
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17

nah thats where I'm going i have to give these supplies there.When you look at the cargo its all ale, beer, whiskey, rye and any other drink that you can think of

oh yah i made occ thread
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48280
    Last edited by de-trick; 2007-06-21 at 12:19 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Aye, then, let's git movin', providing o' course that yer wounds are okay! I may be a warrior, but I'd hate ta see a group of goblins that can down three guards! It'd be best if we can travel through the night, providin' the horses can take it; if there's anymore of those goblin scum around, we don't want to be sittin' around!"

Yorrick boarded the caravan and spotted the large cargo of alcohol. He attempted to make some small talk, if only to distract the old man from the depressing issue of the three corpses lying in the wagon. "Aye, I can see why those damn gobs'd want to take this cargo! Deliverin' to some taverns, are ye? Where d'ye hail from?"
    Last edited by Methalor; 2007-06-21 at 12:24 AM.
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19

DruidGirl

Daiyanissa only

Spoiler
    Show
    you sense a little evil but once you pin point the evil. BANG the door opens and out flys the evil creature a human man and then 2 men pop out of the tavern DON'T COME BACK HERE YOU CHEATER yells the 2 men then when they notice you Hello there who might you be

She looks up at the two men, eying them carefully. Determining that they were of a good nature she smiled."Why, my name is Daiyanissa, Paladin of Torm. I was just stopping by for a drink. May I ask what that ruckus was all about?"

20. - Top - End - #20

oh this filth was cheating at poker, had cards hidden up his sleeves. I almost lost my house to him says one man. All of a sudden, the man on the ground gets up and runs away. The 2 men start to chase him yelling.GUARDS GET HIM CHEATER
    Last edited by de-trick; 2007-06-21 at 10:49 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

21. - Top - End - #21

DruidGirl

oh this filth was cheating at poker, had cards hidden up his sleeves. I almost lost my house to him says one man. All of a sudden, the man on the ground gets up and runs away. The 2 men start to chase him yelling.GUARDS GET HIM CHEATER
    Daiyanissa Pulls out her Crossbow and points it to the cheater.

Shoots Nonlethal shot to cheaters knee.
    Attack 15 + 0 (-4 non lethal) = 15
    (sorry, lost link)

non lethal damage = 10
    http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1114767

"Stop!"

Daiyanissa puts away her crossbow and pulls out her greatsword, standing over the man.(if nonlethal damage put him unconcious, Heal)

Heal 16 + 7 = 23
    http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1114767

"Why do you run?"

(Detect evil until i have more information on him)
    Last edited by Daiyanissa; 2007-06-21 at 11:53 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22

he falls down unconsonance

The 2 man stare at you, then pick up the man and drag him off to the jail. but first they grab the bolt out of the man and toss it on the ground
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

23. - Top - End - #23

DruidGirl

Daiyanissa looks to the men, Muttering, "The thanks i get..."
    Last edited by Daiyanissa; 2007-06-21 at 12:30 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24

i disnt want to go to jail. its hard being poor then all of a sudden he kicks up some sand and dirt and throws it in your eyes
    ref save so not blind for 3 rounds
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

25. - Top - End - #25

DruidGirl

Reflex save roll 14 + 7 = 21
    http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1114842

Grapple to grab his throat/collar
    roll 11 + 6 = 17

"Now now, i think im being pretty lenient here, and you just go and throw dirt in my face. That wasn't very nice. Now i would like a few questions answered, ok?"

Intimidate
    roll 19 + 6 = 25
    http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1114860

(and how is my detect evil doing?)
    Last edited by Daiyanissa; 2007-06-21 at 12:31 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

Loge, seeing the scuffle, thinks "Best to stay on the paladin's good side." and fires a crossbow bolt at the cheater.
    Attack 14
    http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1114863
    If it hits:
    Damage 8
    http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1114864

"What do you have to ask?" Loge says to Daiyanissa. "He ran because one: getting caught cheating is frequently a death sentence. And two: paladins have a reputation around here for cutting off peoples heads as soon as look at them."
    Last edited by Ka'ladun; 2007-06-21 at 12:34 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Ka'ladun View Post
    "What do you have to ask?" Loge says to Daiyanissa. "He ran because one: getting caught cheating is frequently a death sentence. And two: paladins have a reputation around here for cutting off peoples heads as soon as look at them."
    She looked back to see who assisted her,"Well I cannot be at fault for other Paladins actions. All i wanted to do was ask him a few questions before he ran away.", She looked to the cheater,"So, please, do tell, Why were you cheating?"

(And again, if he needs healing roll 14 + 7 =21 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1114870)
    Last edited by Daiyanissa; 2007-06-21 at 12:41 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28

well to win and get money\

hes evil
    Last edited by de-trick; 2007-06-21 at 12:44 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

29. - Top - End - #29

DruidGirl

well to win and get money
    "Why do i sense an evil aura around you?",she asks gently, "Who do you work for?"
    Last edited by Daiyanissa; 2007-06-21 at 12:45 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30

no one i spit at your question
    he spits at you but misses

(going to ask him 3 times)
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO