New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: lich ruler

1. - Top - End - #391
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: lich ruler

oh ya hit points (1d10)[8] derek were you there when victor gave us the fly theory? if not its when your driving and the fly buzzes into your car adn you shoe it out around fifty miles later what is going through the flies mind is it like F u k Its going to take us like four generations to get back!!! I think that theory is as great as the cat and buttered bread theory.
    "Ok so what did you get to hit?" "I rolled a 1 again..." "That is your sixth one!!" "It's not me it's the sword, it's a cursed magic item!!"

[Image removed - too large]
    Spoiler
    Show
    characters
    Chuck norris: Lich ruler
    Jack bee quick: Erunia

2. - Top - End - #392
    Bugbear in the Playground

gimble
    Spoiler
    Show
    (last time we make a story line with victor at 4 in the morning
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

3. - Top - End - #393
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daiyanissa View Post
    She walked over to Sir Micheal and started to unload him. She noticed the hobgoblins in the cart and made her way over to free one hand each and give them some food. She also took them to the bushes to relieve themselves. "Almost there"

After her chores were done she took out her dagger and a piece of wood she found on the ground and started to carve while she watched for intruders.
    Neshi's mind is still a-whirl with the events of the day... his eyes still dazed from the white fire that had immolated their spellcasting foe. He stumbles about the camp, seemingly heedless of his surroundings, the Mosid'ar mage's last necromantic chant still rotting his ears, the hobgoblin's ashes still irritating his nostrils.

ksk... ksk... sssk-kk... ksk... ksk

The soft scraping jars him out of his reverie. He turns and sees a shapely silhouette against the light of the campfire. His beloved lady's golden mane shines all the more against the light of the fire. The shadows of her backlit body inflame his blood yet his limbs tremble as he approaches her.

His unclad and hardened feet stop a few feet from her and he keeps a respectful distance. He slowly kneels then bows to her, forehead in the dirt, and asks, "Milady radiant, mistress most fair, wouldst thou grant thy slave an audience?"
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2007-08-02 at 09:59 AM.
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

4. - Top - End - #394

Daiy
    Neshi
    make a listen and spot
    Last edited by de-trick; 2007-08-03 at 01:17 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

5. - Top - End - #395
    Troll in the Playground

((OOC: (1d20+4)[23] Listen (1d20+6)[20] Spot--- Post-roll rant: Wooohoo-hoo! Finally, some good rolls! Ya-ha-haaaar! Ahem, sorry about that, folks))

IC: <to be filled in, pending update from GM>
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2007-08-06 at 10:18 AM.

6. - Top - End - #396

your ears perk up and you hear a rustle in the bushes coming from behind you, when you turn around brown feathers of somethings back hunched over, eating something
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

7. - Top - End - #397
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hahahaha you guys gotta hear this. Its a D&D song short but funny and the references i have all seen. http://dndsong.ytmnd.com/ srrry i was that bored it was like 2 in the morning and like nothing was happening soi started to search random things.
    Last edited by wingover gimble; 2007-08-04 at 10:29 AM.
    "Ok so what did you get to hit?" "I rolled a 1 again..." "That is your sixth one!!" "It's not me it's the sword, it's a cursed magic item!!"

Spoiler
    Show
    characters

8. - Top - End - #398
    Troll in the Playground

ksk... ksk... sssk-kk... ksk... ksk

The slow, slow carving continues with nary a breath, nary a sigh in response to Neshi's hail. Puzzled, he dares to look up and brush some stray locks from her beauteous eyes...

...and he stumbles back, aghast. Blood and fire flicker from within the orbs. Slowly, inexorably, a tide of solid scarlet assails the blue and purple strains in her pupils. Neshi's flesh turns cold as he realizes that his beloved is once more fighting a battle of souls.

ksk... ksk... sssk-kk... ksk... ksk Her hands continue to carve the stick in seeming catatonia. Neshi's chest heaves in worry and in woe.

GRazhzhdgggg... GRAF! rraKK-raKK! *munch-chomp*

Suddenly, the bushes rustle behind him. A storm of brown plummage shakes violently and gore flies through the foliage.
    Spoiler
    Show
    ((OOC: Spot (1d20+6)[18] Knowledge Dungeoneering check to identify the feathered beast in shadows (1d20+2)[17] Knowledge Nature check in case it is not an aberration. Knowledge Arcana check in case it's a magical beast (1d20+1)[18]))

His eyes dart from one danger to another--- from Daiyanissa's inner demon to the beast in the shadows. Oh my lord, Horus, bless my hands that they may not falter in this battle. Bless my heart that I might decide wisely, he prays.

He looks around at his sleeping comrades and thinks to himself that they are better off since their positions in the camp are relatively far from the rustling beast. He fears making any sudden moves that might attract the beast's attention. But nevertheless decides his priorities and where his loyalties lie.

He slings his shield onto his back, heaves a deep breath and sweeps Daiyanissa into his arms. Grunting with the effort, he winces at every thunderous, cracking footfall that he makes, fearful that the noise of the combined clanking of their suits of armor will either awaken his comrades or attract the attention of the monster in the darkness.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20-10)[10] Trying to Move Silently in full armor while carrying another armored being

Neshi walks as fast as his burdens allow him to and moves around the campfire, protectively putting the fierce flames of the watchfire between his beloved and the feathered beast in the shadows. He gently lays her on a smooth, flat boulder and leaves his rolled blanket beneath her head to serve as a crude pillow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Heal check (1d20+9)[23] Knowledge Religion (1d20+6)[26]
    He bends down to her breast and listens for steady breathing. Neshi breathes a sigh of relief as he detects a healthy heartbeat. He gently parts her eyelids and heaves a prayer of thanks as he sees the sinful, scarlet sea abating within her eyes.

ksk... ksk... sssk-kk... ksk... ksk He recoils in shock as he realizes that her hands had still been holding the knife and half-carven sculpture. Neshi carefully pries the small blade from her hands and replaces it in her sheath. He shakes his head in disbelief as her hands still dumbly continue through the motions of carving. Neshi makes the Sign of the Falcon over the both of them and her struggles ease. Despite the seeming calm of her features, Daiyanissa's hands still twitch, though.

For good measure, however, he pulls out the vial of holy water that she gave him in the city and dips a finger in. He flicks some drops over her body and dabs two drops of holy water on her lips. The droplets sizzle on her feverish flesh and for a moment, she writhes in unhallowed pain. The moment passes and Neshi fleetingly kisses her lips and her forehead, whispering, "By Horakhe, be thou well and be thou safe, my love"

With that, he steps back around the campfire to face the beast in the shadows. Neshi straps his shield back on and brings it forward and up while bracing his legs for the upcoming action. He slowly crouches low and draws his khopesh, sliding it into the heart of the fire. He feels the crossguard grow warm and he brings it back out into the air, knowing that by then, the blade should be glowing red-hot, then...

KLANGG! KLA-KLANGGG! DRANG-TA-GAAANGGG!

...slams it repeatedly against his shield, hoping that the noise will drive away the beast... and awake his comrades from their ill-advised slumber.

"TO ARMS!", He yells at them, trying to rouse them from the depths of sleep. "A vile spawn of Set approaches! TO ARMS!", Neshi bellows.
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2007-08-05 at 09:25 AM.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Listen for Neshi's Move Silently: (1d20-10)[4]
    (-10 penalty for sleeping.)

Opposed to Neshi's 10, so it fails. Therefore, Yorrick wakes up when Neshi rouses everyone. Yorrick is therefore unarmored, as he has no opportunity to don it (even hastily) before a fight.

HP Roll for leveling up: HP roll (done on here because boards were down) (1d10=5)

Story to come...

Spoiler
    Show

Intimidate Check: (1d20+6)[18]

(For intimidating the creature)

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative Roll: (1d20+1)[21]

Granted Maneuver Roll #1: (1d5)[1]
    Granted Maneuver Roll #2: (1d4)[4]

Same as character sheet order:

1. Stone Bones
    2. Leading the Attack
    3. Crusader's Strike
    4. Vanguard Strike
    5. Charging Minotaur

So, Maneuvers are Stone Bones and Vanguard Strike.
    Last edited by Methalor; 2007-08-04 at 10:30 AM.
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #400
    Dwarf in the Playground

Listen check to getup or if itis fortitude
    (1d20+8)[18] fort
    (1d20+6)[20] listen
    (1d20+3)[12]initative

Spoiler
    Show
    characters

11. - Top - End - #401

neshi
    Spoiler
    Show
    its an owlbear here to eat the dead hobgoblins

everyones up expect for Daiy

intimidate
    (1d20+3)[12]

the creature turns around with a hobgoblin leg in it's beak then slurps it up

and lets out a screech
    initiative
    (1d20+1)[9]
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

12. - Top - End - #402

the creature is paniked but with this is a to good meal to pass up 6 hobgoblins so it stays

forgot milo initive

(1d20+3)[13]
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

13. - Top - End - #403
    Dwarf in the Playground

Derek large creatures get +4 to intimidate huge +8 but i dont think it affects small creatures i'll have to look up on that one

Spoiler
    Show
    characters

14. - Top - End - #404
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+3)[6]

I need a map and a creature description.

"Another call to arms..?" Martin turns around to see a monstrous creature, humanoid legs hanging out of its mouth. "Gah!" Martin remains shocked, heels back in shock, while everyone else acts.
    Last edited by ByeLindgren; 2007-08-04 at 11:45 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fargrim Waterwalker of Deepblue's Vagabond
    Charles Hillbell of the Plane of Madness
    Jaska Kuoppala of The Last Light
    Kenneth of Oghma of A Fatal Mistake
    Martin Norland of Lich Ruler
    Robert the Mad in the Valley of Death
    Philotheos hopefully in Struggles of the Gods
    Too many, you say?

15. - Top - End - #405

Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

16. - Top - End - #406
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wingover gimble View Post
    Derek large creatures get +4 to intimidate huge +8 but i dont think it affects small creatures i'll have to look up on that one
    (OOC:
    Actually, that was the opposed check. I should have had an extra -4 on mine (size category smaller) but it still works anyway.
    )
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #407

21 yorrick
    13 milo
    12 chuck
    10 neshi
    9 owlbear
    6 martin

goes like that need neshi (I could have missed it)
    Daiy could have one if she comes back(computer problems)
    Last edited by de-trick; 2007-08-05 at 05:24 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

18. - Top - End - #408
    Troll in the Playground

(1d20)[10] Initiative

Neshi recoils and nearly retches at the sight ofthe hideous monstrosity's full form. He glances around at the sounds of blankets shucked off and of weapons readied. He breathes a sigh of relief that his comrades heeded his watchman's alarum and that they can now defend themselves.

But then, looking at their disheveled faces and forms, Neshi grimaces. He summons his courage and strengthens his resolve, determined to face the challenge head on.

He hunches his shoulders, adjusts his left arm for a better grip on his shield and slides a step or two ahead, placing himself between the owlbear and his comrades. Barely turning, he issues orders to his troop in a voice steady and grim. "Troop, stay well back! Take cover behind me and use the campfire, the trees and the rocks for protection. Slings and spells and bows, engage that thing at range and skirmish. Keep well away from those claws and beak!"

Neshi slides another step forward and continues. "Milo, bow out and keep back and away--- bombard that abomination from the far left flank! Martin, if thou hast some Grease left, please cast it now to keep that thing from reaching us! Follow it with either thy strength-sapper or thy colorful stunning spell if'n ye please... but if thy arcane might is drained for the day, get thou back to the far right flank and support us with thy belly-bow! Chuck, front and center, here with me! Cover my left flank, melee and ranged... spells too, if thou canst manage them."

The slightest of smiles curls the corners of his lips upward as he commands the old guard. "Yorrick! Sword in the soil and be ready to charge but meantime, stand thou guard over milady Daiyanissa with thy bow. Full ranged support unless circumstances force thy hand. Defend the Lightbringer with thy life, man!"

19. - Top - End - #409
    Dwarf in the Playground

(OOC: Be posting late tonight with action/story. Places to go now, though... )
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #410
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Okay, so we don't have a map... Bugger.

Basically, Yorrick moves into a position between Daiy and the creature with a good line to charge along at him. (Guys, do leave a space in front for me to run at 'im!) This is his move action.

As a swift action, he takes up the Leading the Charge stance, which grants his allies +3 damage on all charge attacks.

As a standard action, he makes one attack with his shortbow on the Owlbear.

Attack Roll: (1d20+4)[7]
    Threat Roll: (1d20+4)[23]
    Damage Roll: (1d6)[3]

Maneuver roll: (1d3)[2]
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #411

milo grabs his bow and attacks the owlbear

(1d20+5)[17]
    (1d8+2)[5]
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

22. - Top - End - #412
    Troll in the Playground

((OOC: I will be out for most of today, so here are Neshi's actions --- just insert them after whatever Chuck does, thank ye kindly:

Use Scroll of Spiritual Weapon and summon a floating celestial khopesh near the owlbear's head.

(1d20+8)[15] Attack
    (1d20+8)[18] Threat
    (1d8+3)[5] Damage

Story post to follow))
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2007-08-09 at 11:29 PM.

23. - Top - End - #413

since gimble is busy ill go for him he runs up and attacks the owlbear

(1d20+7)[10]
    damage
    (1d6+2)[8]
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

24. - Top - End - #414

Ac 15

hp 52-10=42
    -------------------------------------

it attacks the gnome that came up but missed

claw 1(1d20+9)[16]
    (1d6+5)[8]

claw 2(1d20+9)[20]
    (1d6+5)[9]

bite
    (1d20+4)[11]
    (1d8+2)[9]

if hit with a claw it will try and grapple with the gnome
    (1d20+14)[21]
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

25. - Top - End - #415
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Martin finally reacts to the beast, casting Grease underneath its feet and behind it (as to not affect Martin's allies).

"I don't think I can get a clear shot!" What with chuck being grabbed...

Spoiler
    Show
    The owlbear needs to make a reflex save DC 14 or fall prone. It'll need to make a balance check DC 10 to move at half speed through the grease. It needs 5 ranks or more of Balance to avoid being flatfooted (and denied his DEX to AC) while in the grease. I need a map to see if I can cast certain things well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Too many, you say?

26. - Top - End - #416

reflex

(1d20+5)[11]

he had to roll a 9 how sad
    Last edited by de-trick; 2007-08-10 at 05:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

27. - Top - End - #417
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Spoiler
    Show
    He also needs a balance check to get up, DC 10, provoking Attacks of Opportunity. How'd the grapple with Chuck go?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Too many, you say?

28. - Top - End - #418

ill tell you
    (1d20+6)[13]

balance
    (1d20+1)[20]

AoO for yorrick
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

29. - Top - End - #419
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Spoiler
    Show
    That'll be next round's move action that he gets up and provokes an AoO.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Too many, you say?

30. - Top - End - #420

true

ramdom talking to get past 10 characters
    Last edited by de-trick; 2007-08-10 at 06:21 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO