New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: lich ruler

1. - Top - End - #421
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: lich ruler

Spoiler
    Show

Yorrick discards his bow as a free action and charges at the Owlbear, drawing his Greatsword as he runs. (You are able to draw a weapon as a free action as part of a regular move if your BAB is > +1)

He uses the Vanguard Strike maneuver (+4 to attacks by allies if he hits) and Power Attacks (-4 to attack bonus, +8 to damage). Charging adds +2 to his attack bonus and -2 to his AC. The Owlbear, being prone, has -4 to AC.

Attack Roll: (1d20+8)[16]
    Threat Roll: (1d20+8)[20]
    Damage Roll: (2d6+16)[24]

As a swift action, he shifts into the Iron Guard's Glare stance, giving the Owlbear a -4 to attacks on Yorrick's allies (but not Yorrick himself).

Next Maneuver granted: (1d2)[2]

Yorrick cursed as his shot flew wide of the towering creature. Some kind of magical cross between a bear and an owl, this abberation of nature should have been an easy target to hit. "Damn, I should be able to do better." he thought, as he drew another arrow. His self-chastising thoughts lasted only for a moment, as his attention was inevitably drawn to the actions of his companions.

Neshi exercised his divine might, summoning forth a magical khopesh to smite the creature. Yorrick grinned at his companion's understandable caution - that creature could easily take hold of a man and crush him. The group's de facto leader for this encounter, the dark-skinned warrior's plan was sound. They couldn't afford to get trapped by this creature; rushing in and hacking away would be far from a sound plan, especially with the lady Paladin, perhaps the group's strongest warrior next to Yorrick, currently incapacitated.

Neshi's plan was not to be held to, however, as the strange little gnome rushed forward to charge the Owlbear. As Chuck's training-hardened fists pounded into the hulking creature, Yorrick look on in dismay as the Owlbear merely shook off the attack. Striking out at the gnome, raking claws soon tore across the little monk, grabbing hold of him and hoisting him off the ground.

The spellslinger, slow to react but still a quick-thinking little chap, produced the same mystical grease effect that he had used against the druid the previous day. His magical incantations proved to be true, as the abberation toppled to the ground, clawed paws still gripping Chuck tightly. "No matter." thought Yorrick, "The little caster has given us a good chance!"

"Captain! Change of plans!" shouted out Yorrick, quick to react to the Owlbear's fall. "Milo, fall back and protect our lady Paladin with your bow! Hold your fire, and keep watch for any more threats! Neshi, advance with me and strike him once again with the holy weapon of Horus-Re! Martin, stay well out of reach of this creature and prepare to back us up with your arcane might at a moment's notice!"

His orders called out, Yorrick threw aside his bow. He began to run towards the prone Owlbear, drawing his greatsword from his back as he charged forward. "BY THE MIGHT OF THE LIGHTBRINGER!" he screamed out, vaguely conscious of the words leaving his mouth, some hidden memory taking control of his voice. It mattered not to him, however, as his mind clouded out all external thoughts and focused on only one thing - the fallen opponent before him.

Swiftly, surely, he brought his might down upon the creature where it lay, satisfaction filling him as his greatsword cleaved surely through its hide and into the foul beast's belly, leaving a deep and painful gash. As the creature howled in agony, Yorrick simply stared down at it, glaring at it, challenging it to attack him.
    Last edited by Methalor; 2007-08-10 at 08:38 PM.
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #422
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+8)[28] Spiritual Weapon Attack (1d20+8)[26] Crit threat, if at all (1d8+1)[3] Damage x2=6 total

The unnatural beast flops to the ground in a flood of grease, taking the bleeding Chuck along with it. Feathers and fur, blood and bone shards fly as Yorrick's blade drives deep into its torso.

The actions of the others seem to blur in Neshi's sleep-deprived eyes. He fights the sluggishness and lethargy with a seeming roar that degenerates into a mere grunting.

Neshi grunts his affirmative to Yorrick's plan and extends his blade slowly. His eyes close in prayer as he focuses on the celestial sword's swift slashes forming hallowed halo around the owlbear and then takes a deep breath. It withdraws and flows into the blade of his khopesh, making it blaze with white fire.

He lowers his head, loosens his limbs and runs forward. His eyes snap open, blazing bright.

Midstride, Neshi sweeps his sword forward in a swift near-horizontal arc and bellows, "E imu't Set'na!" A sheet of flame roars forth from the blade's honed edge and keens like a falcon upon its prey.

The phantom blade of hallowed flames screams across the clearing and strikes the owlbear as it rises. The foul beast screeches in pain as the spiritual weapon cuts across its neck. A thin stream of thick blood spurts down its plummage but apparently, its massive musculature has prevented further injury.
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2007-08-11 at 09:22 AM.
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

3. - Top - End - #423
    Troll in the Playground

((OOC: Yo chief! I've got a suspicion that we have acted out of line here... technically, we've already reached the end of the Initiative line, right?

Neshi's Initiative for Round 2: (1d20)[8]

Please forgive me my overeagerness. I'll probably be out for most of tomorrow anyway and please just integrate it as seems best with the other folks' actions per Initiative order. Again, sorry.))

4. - Top - End - #424
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

No, you only roll for initiative at the beginning of combat. The order stays the same. So, you're only slightly out of order - Milo, the NPC, moves before you - and I told him to fall back anyway. I wouldn't worry about it.

Also, you get a charge attack yourself - the Spiritual Weapon will continue attacking the Owlbear. You only need a move action for it to switch target. So, roll for the attack against the prone Owlbear as well. It seems you described it but didn't roll for it.
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #425
    Bugbear in the Playground

AC 11
    hp 12

yah you get a attack for your self
    Last edited by de-trick; 2007-08-11 at 03:50 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

6. - Top - End - #426
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Methalor View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    It seems you described it but didn't roll for it.
    ((OOC: Rrrright. Thanks, yo. Tally ho, then. (1d20+13)[25] Attack (1d20+13)[28] Threat (1d8+7)[9] Damage))

7. - Top - End - #427

milo moves to the old spot of yorrick and shoots his bow

(1d20+5)[13]
    (1d8+2)[3]
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

8. - Top - End - #428

it falls over and chuck is underneath it damage
    escape artist or strength check
    (1d4)[3]
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

9. - Top - End - #429
    Troll in the Playground

((OOC: Ah! Is it dead yet?))

"Praise Horakhe..." Neshi mumbles as the unnatural foe collapses into the dirt. He sags slightlty as the holy power that he had been channeling drains out of his hands like spring water over desert sands.

He stumbles over to the owlbear's head and lifts his sword high. The blade falls repeatedly, gore splattering his greaves. His chest heaving, he only stops when the head is completely severed from the body and the torso has been hacked into a gruesome mess.

(1d20+12)[15] Attack (1d8+7)[8] Damage
    (1d20+12)[20] Attack (1d8+7)[14] Damage
    (1d20+12)[15] Attack (1d8+7)[11] Damage
    (1d20+12)[14] Attack (1d8+7)[9] Damage

"Yo..." He gasps after the exertion, leaning against a nearby tree. "Yo... Yorrick. Help me roll this carcass off the little warrior"

Sighing, he wipes his sword on the grass and sheathes it. He leans into the owlbear's corpse and pushes it off and away from the injured gnome. He kneels over Chuck and breathes the last of the day's healing spells over him--- and whover else might be needing them.

Four Cure Light Wounds (1d8+3)[9] (1d8+3)[8] (1d8+3)[7] (1d8+3)[6]

After all that, Neshi blinks his bloodshot eyes and says to all and sundry, "Good work troop! Good work! Now get some proper rest and set a proper watch! From now on, whenever we bed down, we set a two-man watch lasting four hours. Milo and Yorrick, take first watch. Chuck and Martin, take third watch. I'll take the second watch since my daily devotions to milord Horakhe are at dawn. Good work, everyone! Sleep until noon!"

Neshi walks back to Daiyanissa on the rock and sits near her protectively, nodding off almost immediately.

(speech coloring for later)Done.
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2007-08-13 at 10:58 PM.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Spoiler
    Show
    I think it fell over due to the grease.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fargrim Waterwalker of Deepblue's Vagabond
    Charles Hillbell of the Plane of Madness
    Jaska Kuoppala of The Last Light
    Kenneth of Oghma of A Fatal Mistake
    Martin Norland of Lich Ruler
    Robert the Mad in the Valley of Death
    Philotheos hopefully in Struggles of the Gods
    Too many, you say?

11. - Top - End - #431
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

No, judging by the HP status that Derek gave us (and then Neshi's 9 damage + Milo's 3 damage), the bugger is dead and gone.
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #432

its D-E-A-D

it fell on chuck for failing the balance but he was trying to get up so his weight was off him then when he died because the owlbear is dead weight
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

13. - Top - End - #433

so what do you guys do now??

chucks free
    Last edited by de-trick; 2007-08-14 at 11:30 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

14. - Top - End - #434
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I think we basically follow Neshi's orders. Sleep late the next day, do watch in the order described, and hit the road in the morning.
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #435
    Troll in the Playground

((Sigh. I miss Daiyanissa))

Neshi wipes away the gore from his blade with a clump of grass then sheathes his sword wearily. He stumbles over to Daiy's bed and checks on her, once again thanking the heavens that she is still fine, albeit in a deep slumber. He removes his armor, cursing softly at every creak of leather and clank of mail.

((FORESHADOWING: It's fine if y'all don't wake Neshi. Daiy's going to be a-flailing around with some very bad dreams anyway... her gauntlet's going to break his nose if you don't wake him properly for the changing of the watch))

"Ho, first watch! PLEASE don't foget to wake me before dawn, thank ye kindly!" He hollers hoarsely, then pulls out his bedroll violently and doesn't even bother unrolling it. He plops himself down below Daiyanissa's boulder and falls asleep right after a quick prayer.

16. - Top - End - #436

when you wake Daiy is missing but you all feel her presence, in a spiritual way

when you wake and head you reach the mountain area

make a spot check
    Last edited by de-trick; 2007-08-15 at 12:25 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

17. - Top - End - #437
    Troll in the Playground

((OOC: Sorry. Can't Post at length yet. Last midterm exam tomorrow.
    Spot check: (1d20+6)[15]))

18. - Top - End - #438
    Troll in the Playground

((OOC: Classes have been cancelled due to extremely bad super typhoon. Will resume on Tuesday. In the meanwhile, I guess that leaves me free to post.

Sooo, what did Neshi spot, if at all?))

<currently under construction>
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2007-08-17 at 01:48 AM.

19. - Top - End - #439

the entance to the cave, it was covered by some wood

20. - Top - End - #440
    Dwarf in the Playground

(Placeholder, coming later.)
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #441
    Dwarf in the Playground

sorry people i have not been posting because of work adn i got hit by a car literally. I didnt get hurt bad just abeaten and bruised leg but other than that i seem to be fine. Thank the lord. chucks been looking like he was thining hard about things. He changed his alignment to cg becuase party has been caring for him.

spot (1d20+3)[5]

Walking down the road he walks up to neshi. He looks around at the scenery and says, "Give her time. Woman are fickle son and it hurts. Have you ever thought it may not be a demon in her. If your godly intervention of powers couldnt get rid of it then what makes you certain you think she has a demon in her. I see the way you look at her. You value her over over everything else. Maybe it is something that is buried deep inside of her. An emotion, Dual personality? it could happen im telling you out of concern. Have you looked at yourself latley in the reflections? god man you look sleep deprived. im saying this as a freind not as a troop.
    Any time neshi tries to talk he glares at him until he stops and continues no matter what he says.

He sighs and says, "Listen, i never truley had anyone care for me. My family was killed by bears, Dont ask. My master who i thought cared for me turned out he disliked me for he thought i was a bad student and not disciplined enough. What if daiyanissa is like that. What if some part of her says that she shouldnt be able to be a party leader or even a palidin? Listen to me for i am wise even if i dont act it. If you are ever in trouble with her talk to me. I know what isn't known. You may think you may handle this by yourself but dont act like that son im more than twice your age. If you ever want me to talk to her about what is wrong with her let me know. I have a feeling that she will come back for you are here and she still has a part that cares for you. Never let anyone tell you differently even if she tells you herself and as for pulling a blade on me. You do that again and i'll be having to break your arm my boy. Keep strong and people will follow you. Even daiy cant take everything upon her no matter what she thinks becuase event he gods need help. I will stick by youside and we'll stay true to our cause. If you ever need help let me know im always at the back challenging people to a fight. He continues to walk beside neshi until they reach the cave.
    "Ok so what did you get to hit?" "I rolled a 1 again..." "That is your sixth one!!" "It's not me it's the sword, it's a cursed magic item!!"

[Image removed - too large]
    Spoiler
    Show
    characters
    Chuck norris: Lich ruler
    Jack bee quick: Erunia

22. - Top - End - #442
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings, Gimble. You all right now?
    Sigh. It seems no-one's a-told you... OOC, Daiy's player has some... connection trouble. She borrowed a computer, told me on the offsite email that she's going to be offline for a long while. IC--- Daiy's dead.

Neshi looks at the gnome with hollow, mournful eyes and shakes his head slowly. "She was burning in the dawn's light as I emerged from my morning meditation. The gods have taken her, body and soul. She has passed on into a better place where she is free of torment"

Hey! Hellooooo?! Neshi! NESHI! I'm not dead yet! Why can't you hear me?!

His voice heavy with grief, he continues, low and dragging. "What was in her was not merely a 'demon' as you say. It was one of the primordial spirits of darkness... one that was ancient even when my great-grandfather was young..."

Wincing against a sudden flaring of otherworldly pain, he says, "I fear that a shard of the Abyss itself is loose amongst us..."

Indeeeeeeed...

Gritting his teeth, Neshi grunts, then continues. "But we still have a mission to finish. Let us end it swiftly."

He then lifts up his shield, and with its brazen boss, smites the doors of the hobgoblin hole. "We come to parley!"

((OOC: Yo, Methalor! You know what to do!))

23. - Top - End - #443
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC: i know of her computer problems but thanks for the insight

Before they make it to the cave.

Hahahahahaha a person never dies you fool. Its not possible. Our souls live on and walk in valhalia or the golden hills of bytopia or anywhere else they believe or even here. Plus you think a demon or spirit of darkness would do all this? Even demons and spirits have laws to go by but you may not know of them they are .... secret so they may not be used against the wrong spirit that is good.

Startled by the sudden shout of parley. They wont parley. They are hobgoblins and honnorable fighters with ultimate tactics and they woudn't go to all the trouble of all these things just to parley. Well actually they may parley but definitley not surrender or backdown. Waiting hands at his side. He is on a ready action ready to deflect any arrows that may come at them from any sides.
    "Ok so what did you get to hit?" "I rolled a 1 again..." "That is your sixth one!!" "It's not me it's the sword, it's a cursed magic item!!"

Spoiler
    Show
    characters

24. - Top - End - #444

5 minutes later

1 goblin comes out, wearing small sized fullplate, and a greatsword to his back, then comes out a bugbear wearing a bluish chain shirt, and a hobgoblin wearing a very nice breastplate

the goblin talks first
    Why are you humans here, yet call a parley, but very well

then the goblin moves to the side of the hobgoblin and the bugbear goes to the other side

then the hobgoblin speaks
    So what brings you here, humans, come to kill me and my kin
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

25. - Top - End - #445
    Troll in the Playground

Neshi locks gazes with the masaw-mosid champion and heaves a sigh. He spreads his arms placatingly and says, "Hail and well met. I apologize for the words of my small comrade here..."

Making sure that his shield arm is out and that his other hand is as far as possible from the hilt, Neshi continues, "I shall not lie to thee and indeed am bound to truth. Ye mosid'ar of the hill-country, we come on behalf of the sovereign realm of Hothmalor. The peasant villagers yond..."

Here, he gestures vaguely at where they came from. "...fear that thy outpost, in its militaristic glory, is a threat to their innocent, ignorant existence. I beseech thee, brothers of the blade, tell the truth and save further bloodshed. Do ye intend to invade the fair towns and hamlets yond?"

Neshi bares his teeth in a savage grin and finally lays his hand on his hilt, the copper pommel glinting in the twilight. "If true 'tis that ye intend to invade or even raid, then we challenge thee, champions against champions. Let us be bound by the honored oath of blood and blade."

Half-drawing, knuckles now whitened, he continues the ritual challenge, "If true 'tis that ye intend to invade, then we challenge thee here and now. If we win, then ye call thy incursion off. If ye win, then of course, ye are free to ravage..."

Neshi narrows his gaze and draws himself tall. "Whatsay ye, honored chieftain? Shall we save our blood and our time with a fight between champions? Or shall we forsake the honor of blood and blade and commence a Margul'rak battle to the final hilt?"

((OOC: (1d20+6)[21] Intimidation
    (1d20+1)[5] Diplomacy))

((speech coloring for later))Done
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2007-09-03 at 09:04 AM.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Troll in the Playground

((OOC: Crap-oh-crap-oh-crap! We're bloody in for it! Sorry, guys!))

27. - Top - End - #447

The hobgoblin speaks
    No problems, great warrior I accept your apologies, So you come from Hothmalor, they are scum of the earth, they do this all the time as soon as are numbers grow to a decent size they send in a group of warriors to kill, all are males, even a few females

when you put your hands on the hilt of your sword the bugbear, quickly grabs his blade and put it's blade a few millimeters from your throat
    Then the hobgoblin rests his hand on his sword which is longer than most swords, but a bit shorter than Yorick or Daiy swords

We only want to show that we are not going to sit and wait for us to get slain, If you wish to fight then you leave us to no choice
    intimidate
    (1d210+8)[10]
    diplomacy
    (1d20+10)[11]
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

28. - Top - End - #448
    Troll in the Playground

KLA-TAK!

Neshi slaps the bugbear's blade away dismissively with the outside of his gauntlet. Stroking his scraggly beard at the discovery, he muses over the hobgoblin's words.

"Say ye that Hothmalor hath aggress'd upon ye in the past? Our late leader had suspected as such... Please, excuse me while I consult with my comrades..."

With that, Neshi, arms still open and placating, steps slowly backward, into a huddle with his companions. "So, my fellows, whatsay ye? Shall we indeed carry through the assault... or nay?"
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2007-09-03 at 09:07 AM.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

"The way I see it, we're in a bit of a quandary." Martin speaks up, emboldened by Daiy's disappearance. "These creatures have done nothing to threaten the peace of Hothmalor, and so our task was nothing but a farce, commanded either by a paranoid or a sinister ruler." He pauses and looks into the faces of his companions. All of them, built to hack creatures to pieces. How could we back away from this? Martin clears his throat.

"Had we never entered these lands, these creatures would never have been provoked to attack. But now that we are here, ready for a fight, I believe they have readied themselves as well. It seems we have been doomed to engage in this bloodshed."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll be gone Thur/Fri.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fargrim Waterwalker of Deepblue's Vagabond
    Charles Hillbell of the Plane of Madness
    Jaska Kuoppala of The Last Light
    Kenneth of Oghma of A Fatal Mistake
    Martin Norland of Lich Ruler
    Robert the Mad in the Valley of Death
    Philotheos hopefully in Struggles of the Gods
    Too many, you say?

30. - Top - End - #450
    Dwarf in the Playground

Watching the others talk he sits and starts to meditiate as they keep talking. Then when Martin finishes talking chuck stands up and says, "Well if we leave now then the people are obviously going to try to kill us. Well as martin said we have been doomed to bloodshed. Hahahahahahahahaha this is going to be fun and painful. If im dieing im going to die fighting not running away from my problems. He's Probably going to disembowl us but it was fun right! So what say you yorrick?

Spoiler
    Show
    characters