New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: lich ruler

1. - Top - End - #631
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: lich ruler

(( OOC: Haha, okay. Yorrick'll shout IC when he needs a heal, but I'll post it anyway... He's at 45/56 HP, so nothing bad right now. He actually broke even HP-wise despite getting hit, since he's got limited healing ability through that Crusader's Strike maneuver. But this guy'll probably hit hard again, so we'll see...

And, yeah, go team!))
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #632
    Troll in the Playground

((Neshi's AC is a flat 20, btw... soooo... what's next?

Yip, make that thing more dead than it already is..., go, folks...))
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2007-10-16 at 08:09 AM.
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

3. - Top - End - #633
    Troll in the Playground

((Just in case I won't be able to post tomorrow--- Neshi casts Spiritual Weapon (1d20+11)[24] Attack (1d8+1)[5]<<<magical force attack, ergo, not blocked by DR))
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2007-10-16 at 11:59 AM.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Dwarf in the Playground

(( OOC: [cut, whoops]

I'd post my own action, but one of my class features depends on how much damage is dealt to me. Ergo, can't really do anything.))
    Last edited by Methalor; 2007-10-16 at 11:46 AM.
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #635
    Bugbear in the Playground

for yorrick
    (1d20+10)[13]
    (1d6+6)[11]
    than drop other morning star and attack yorrick again'
    (1d20+10)[26]
    (1d6+6)[12]
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

6. - Top - End - #636
    Dwarf in the Playground

(( Ack, made a mistake.

Not going to power attack as much, 'cause I think we're coming close to taking him down and I want to be sure of a hit. So, +9 attack and +19 damage.

Attack: (1d20+9)[21]
    Damage: (2d6+19)[27]

Maneuver: (1d3)[1]
    ))

"Hah." snarled Yorrick at the mindless skeletal construct, "For such wicked-looking claws, you can hardly scratch me. Perhaps you should have stuck to the weapons, you worthless heap."

"It's time to avenge our fallen comrade!" he shouted to the group, "For Chuck, may his fighting spirit never die!" With that, he launched himself towards the skeleton, bringing his greatsword down with a mighty blow.

(( Yeah, it's lame, but there isn't much to say. ))
    Last edited by Methalor; 2007-10-16 at 05:20 PM.
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #637

and its dead
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

8. - Top - End - #638
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    derek i love cheese

9. - Top - End - #639
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    It is really important
    we should all love cheese
    "Ok so what did you get to hit?" "I rolled a 1 again..." "That is your sixth one!!" "It's not me it's the sword, it's a cursed magic item!!"

[Image removed - too large]
    Spoiler
    Show
    characters
    Chuck norris: Lich ruler
    Jack bee quick: Erunia

10. - Top - End - #640
    Troll in the Playground

As Yorrick's huge blade smashes through the undead mostrosity, crashing through the ribcage and splitting the spine, Neshi feels a stabbing, throbbing pain in his head. The divine khopesh that he had summoned pauses in its hacking at the twin skulls, wavering in the air. Tendrils of white fire rise from its incorporeal blade.

Then, Neshi opens his eyes and does not see one skull of the Eker'sk topple from its neck, rent asunder, nor does he see the burnt and blackened bones dissolve into ash and dust. The dark-skinned templar does not see the Goblinsbane exact vengeance upon the twain-headed bone-fiend.

All he sees is a sea of scarlet sin. He opens his eyes with crimsoning vision, his fists clenched so tight on hilt and strap that he does not hear the blood dripping onto the catacomb's cold, hard floor nor does he feel the pain as gnarled black claws sprout from his fingers.

Yessss, grow weak, you do... O ye of little faith, LET ME OU... urrrkk...

*Smite Evil!*

Not so fast, O Lady of Chaos! *Smite Self!*

(1d8+1)[4]

But then, he rallies and merely grunts in response to the pain of the divine blade searing through his flesh before it sizzles away into motes of sun-mist. He hears a something scuttling away, writhing in unhallowed pain deep in the abyss of his heart and he smiles grimly.

He opens his eyes once more, the irises their normal shade of grey and says to his comrades, "Praise Horakhe, Lord of Virtue and Vengeance! Come, comrades, let us carry our fallen friend to the sea of sand and there him bury once the forsaken fane has been purified"

Looking at the catatonic Martin, Neshi adds, meeting Tristan's gaze, "Master Gamaliel, wouldst ye kindly see to the mage over yonder? Methinks he has fallen under some sort of trance or stupour..."
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2007-10-18 at 12:48 AM.

11. - Top - End - #641

WolfInSheepsClothing

OOC: Who's Martin...I've never met that one

Tristan moves over to Martin looking him over to decide what is ailing him.

Heal: (1d20+9)[29]

After checking on him he also asks if anyone needs any healing. He is rather persistant, feeling bad after helping in the demise of a party member in his first fight.
    Last edited by bchilders; 2007-10-18 at 07:58 PM.
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

12. - Top - End - #642
    Dwarf in the Playground

As the undead monstrosity crumbled under the force of his blow, Yorrick's adrenaline-fueled strength quickly faded. He became acutely aware of his own wounds, each scratch, cut, and bruise forming a tapestry across his body. The pounding of his heart slowly stabilized as he sheathed his greatsword into the scabbard girded to his waist. Despite the effort expended, he did not feel exhausted; merely momentarily drained. But something, something bothered him. He felt like he had... forgotten something.

As the pace of his breath returned to a normal level, he turned to Neshi to see how his fellow front-line warrior was faring. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted something strange; the dark-skinned warrior turned the summoned weapon on himself! Yorrick felt a hollow in his stomach as he watched his comrade attack himself; something was wrong, very wrong. As Neshi shook off his self-inflicted wound, Yorrick could not hear the words he spoke. All he could do was stare at the warrior-priest. The man's fragile sanity, which had exploded in a fit of fury in the council chamber, was starting to crack. This much, Yorrick was sure of.

Neshi... The strange, inexplicable feeling of kinship he had once felt with the strange man was rapidly falling apart. There was a darker presence there; it felt like Neshi was barely recognizable anymore. Bouts of insanity seemed to plague the man. Yorrick was rapidly losing comfort with having this man at his back... He felt like he once knew Neshi, but it seemed far in the past now. As if they had once been close, but now followed different paths. He would need to talk to Chuck about this; he felt he could not yet trust the newcomers enough. Perhaps Neshi's sanity was too fragile to lead them now, his reliability suspect.

The nagging feeling returned. He felt he was forgetting something...

"Chuck!" he shouted out, memory of the skeletal giant's massive blow returning to his memory. Spotting the little gnome, he ran towards where he lay. Kneeling down, he lifted up the small body - nay, not body, but corpse. The life was gone from the little monk, his spirit now departed. "Hopefully..." thought Yorrick, "To a better place."

When Tristan came to ask if Yorrick needed healing, he still sat there numbly, staring at the small corpse. "Aye. Could use it." he replied to the priest, voice devoid of any emotion. He just stared at Chuck, a tear for his fallen comrade stealthily descending down his weather-worn cheek.
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #643

martin I'm not sure if hes on anymore so kind of answers that

when you do go through the portal you enter a sea of sand a baron wasteland you are hit by a sudden heat that all but neshi are fatigued you can only see sand and the horizon, until you spot a 2 figures a little away, the time is the afternoon, the portal disappears when the last person goes through
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

14. - Top - End - #644
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[15] Listen (1d20+4)[22] Spot (1d20+5)[11] Diplomacy

In the distance, dust-devils dance across the dunes, sending up storms of swirling sand. From the shadows of the dunes, there waft the glorious smells of growing cacti.

Ever and anon amongst the eddies of the wind-whipped desert there gleams the sinister white of the bleached bones of men who wandered the wastes without water. By the drifting hairs from seared hides, one could discern the carcasses of camels that lost their way and of other stranger beasts.

Neshi grins wildly at the wasteland, not even bothering to shield his eyes from the harsh glare of the sun. His once-alabaster teeth, now seem feral--- pointed and yellowed… yet seemingly he knows not or he cares not. The claws of the desert wind caress his face, making his newly-grown lion’s mane shake and whirr.

The man from Mulhorand then lets go of his plundered morningstar into the soft sand and reverently lays down the oh-so precious burden of the bodies of the two fallen comrades, Chuck and Martin. He drops to the dirt, cups the sand in his hands and lets it fall through his fingers slowly. Home, home, home! Horakhe be praised, no more cold! I'm hooome!

He turns to his comrades and proudly says with open arms, "Welcome, dear friends, to the Red Land of Mulhorand, my home of old!"

Seeing their discomfiture at the pounding, searing heat of a noontide desert sun, he digs in his worn pack and hands to them his old burnooses, veils, robes and cloaks. The weather-beaten clothes flap in the desert wind, giving Neshi the appearance of a dun-winged spirit of the waste, not unlike the djinn-folk. "Come comrades, take these. Such raiment is essential to any who seek to brave the sea of sand. Aye, and ye who have thy waterskins--- I highly advise ye to drink deeply therefrom yet spare some for the journey"

Neshi feels his sweat starting to bead and pop on his skin but he merely loosens the tunics and trousers that he wears. For thy sake, beloved Daiyanissa, these clothes I shall but doff to wash.

His smile fades as he glances at the mangled corpses of their two valiant companions. He had had to wrap Martin's corpse tightly in several cloaks, making him look like a slipshod mummy. The mace-blow of the Eker'sk had utterly crushed Chuck's ribcage while the spikes on that accursed weapon had torn open the smaller warrior's abdomen, disemboweling him. Thus it is that the Horakhar priest was hard-put to embalm the oft-maligned yet well-liked companion.

He heaves a heavy sigh. Neshi hands the Eker'sk maul to Yorrick with the words, "There, comrade. Now, prepared shalt thou be for when foes to blade's keen edge are invinvible. Keep thy loot well and with their own weapon, avenge our comrades, aye?"

The warrior-priest then straps his trusty shield upon his forearm once more and slowly draws his khopesh. The brazen blade glints with golden glare as it comes free of its jewelled scabbard, the edge seeming to sing with the familiar heat of the desert.

Kneeling beside the bodies of the honoured dead, Neshi addresses his comrades and asks them, "Have ye any final words for these fallen heroes ere I commence the final rites to lay them to their justly earned eternal rest?"

The wind blows, keening across the boundless wastes once more. Neshi’s ears flick and his wrinkled nostrils flare wide at two new scents. “Thousand spiting camels!”, he swears. He then spins about and rises into a wary crouch, shield held before himself defensively, sword raised and cocked. “Beware, comrades! Gaze ye yond, strangers approach!”

He inhales deeply, calming himself. The templar gazes intently at the approaching strangers and, discerning that they are neither fiends nor brigands, he relaxes ever so slightly. Slowly, he straightens and stands to his full height. Neshi lowers his shield a mite, then waves his sword in the air in token of greeting.

He whispers “Ie’r f’ohr kai” and the red flames wreathe the curving blade of the sickle-sword--- all the better for his signal to be seen. Neshi shouts a greeting to the two shadowed figures who approach the position of the companions. “Hail to thee, fellow pilgrims! I greet thee in the mighty name of Horus-Re! What bringest thy steps hither, if bold we make to ask?”

((to be cont'd) DONE!
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2007-10-20 at 10:55 AM.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Troll in the Playground

((OOC: Yo, chief! I took the liberty of looting one of the morningstars just in case we meet more pierce/slash resistant foes. Oh, and if'n I ain't mistaken, those two in the distance are the characters of Gimble and Eruk, right?))

16. - Top - End - #646

yes they are

yes and remember that the morning star if large so you take a -4 if you are not large when wielding it
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

17. - Top - End - #647
    Dwarf in the Playground

Looking out to the new arrivals who seemingly popped out of nowhere he looks to his brother and says, "Well lets go meet these people. Its bad enough that those mercanaries havent given us a break until we hit this stupid desert. Who knows maybe these people can help us find our sister we are looking for. Waiting for his brother he mearly waves his hand towards the other group but keeps his hand on his sword just in case they prove to be hostile. "Stay alert they may be a threat to us. Our celestial heritage doesn't get us far.
    "Ok so what did you get to hit?" "I rolled a 1 again..." "That is your sixth one!!" "It's not me it's the sword, it's a cursed magic item!!"

Spoiler
    Show
    characters

18. - Top - End - #648
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by de-trick View Post
    yes they are

yes and remember that the morning star if large so you take a -4 if you are not large when wielding it
    ((Ain't usin' it. Good ol' tankma Yorrick is.))

19. - Top - End - #649
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Nina:

Cursing the bright sunlight, the sand, the heat, and the stupidity of a man who surely ought to know better, hailing unknown strangers in a land as desolate as her worst nightmares. She held the strange garment pinched between two fingers, dropping it into the sand with a sniff of distaste, training her bow upon the strangers. Where her arrows did little against the undead, here they would do better.

"Let us not show weakness to these that are unknown," she says to Tristan and Yorrick. "Why they should also be wandering this waste, just happening upon us is a coincidence I don't know that I trust, especially after ... that. Be on your guard."

She throws Neshi a distrustful glance, muttering, "Madmen," under her breath.
    My Characters:

Spoiler
    Show
    Ke'Kitathas El'Tulari of Ambulating Artifacts:

Kit, Elven Paladin of Corellon Larethian, lvl 1
    (current) AC 13, hp: 10/10, init +1, Listen/Spot +4

Kai'Ninaste El'Tir of Lich Ruler:

Nina, elven Ranger/Rogue of Solonor Thelandira, lvl 2/3
    AC 17, hp: 26/26, init +3, Listen/Spot +12

Hotaru of The Cube:

'Ru, half-elven Bard, lvl 5
    AC 16, hp: 20/20, init +2, Listen/Spot +6/+1

20. - Top - End - #650

WolfInSheepsClothing

Tristan stays queit all through the aftermath of the battle. When Yorrick asks for healing he obliges silently and doesn't help with the embalming at all. The earlier excitement of going on an adventure was replaced with an emptiness after seeing death and mistakingly helping to bring down a companion. The fact that no one else in the group had said anything about it only helped to deepen the darkness he was falling into.

Tristan hardly notices the harshness of the desert trapped as he is in his own self criticism. He only vaguely comes out of it to realize that two stranger are approaching them and he tenses nervously hoping not to participate in another fight so quickly.

Cast cure serious on Yorrick: [rol]2d8+5[/roll]
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

21. - Top - End - #651

WolfInSheepsClothing

Sorry forgot an 'l':

(2d8+5)[20]

22. - Top - End - #652
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Maaan... the way Neshi's been acting, I fear he might soon be slipping into TN then plunging into CE...

Also, have any of ye watched The Mummy Returns? Although I despise that film in certain aspects, it is still quite entertaining. Ah, did y'all spot an image of Neshi in there? I'll be rigging some IC (possibly merely superficial but maybe not, with DM fiat) transformations once more... Remember those black, Anubis-headed creatures there?

Ayup.

(1d20+4)[20]

"Trust not, if so ye will, milady..." Neshi says over his shoulder to Nina. "Neither do I... but do they look..."

His words are cut off when his nostrils flare once more as he sniffs the drifting scents of the newcomers. Suddenly he hunches back into a crouch and a touch of crimson tinges his eyes. His lips curl back in a feral snarl, baring two-inch fangs.

The fires on the templar's sword sizzle and a black fume seethes from the blood-runnel of the ancient blade. Neshi, or rather, the shard of Sekhmet within Neshi, growls and hisses. "Ghssss-kaaa! They have the taint of the high heavens upon them! This holiess sickens me, yesss, it doesss... They are sons of the GODS and thus they must DIE!"

In his eyes there then flares a sapphire flame and Neshi continues talking to himself, seemingly--- now in a voice high and holy. "No more than your unhallowed taint sickens me, elder sister. You are a blight upon the heart of my beloved and you should have been burned to the deepest depths of the Abyss and beyond a thousand years ago!"

His voice shifts again, this time seemingly detached and ethereal. "Shut. Up. Both of ye shut up. Nina's right. We must..."

And then his voice reverts back to its true tone, taking up where the last unearthly voice had left off. "...make ready to receive them. Tristan! Front and center, hold the line with spell and shield, man. Yorrick, like ol' times--- far right flank, be ready t'smash the wings! Nina, follow my lead and cover the left flank. Move it, troop!"

With a grim countenance and sincere gaze, the templar turns to the ranger of the golden locks and says to her, "Lady Ninaste, I beg of thee in the name of all that is holy, shoot me in the back if I sieze up again with possession. I offer thee the thousand thanks of a doomed man if it comes to that"

With that, Neshi heads off and scuttles down the dune towards the left of the newcomers, shield raised, sword ready. Once they get within a better hailing distance, he shouts out once more, "HAIL, FELLOW TRAVELERS!"

Every step that he takes makes his suit of armour chafe all the more against the still-open wounds that he had sustained in the earlier battle. He feels the blood trickling down his legs and feels a certain perverse pleasure in that pain, hearkening back to the taste of ambrosiac essence of blood and flesh in an age before time was reckoned.

NEshi shakes his head in disgust at such abhorrently sinful thoughts and, knowing full well the risks, extinguishes the fires of his blade and stabs it into the ground. He takes a couple of steps away from the still-quivering hilt and spreads his arms in a gesture of peace.

He hails the strangers once more and says, "We come in peace and seek parley. Come forth, fellow pilgrims, declare thy intentions and allegiances"
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2007-10-21 at 12:38 PM.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Well brother if that one who's raised his sword is looking for a fight i'll bring him one but we should question him about our sister first. we'll play it peaceful. Remember if they are good of heart they will have trouble killing two aasimars. As Kazz pulls out his long sword he says Friend or foe.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Dwarf in the Playground

when he seen the one man yelling at his party with instructions then he seen him move up.
    Listen check (1d20+12)[26]

Alright brother. HEY YOU THERE! HAVE YOU HEARD OF A PALADIN BY THE NAME OF DAIYANISSA? IF YOU HAVE PLEASE TELL US WE WISH YOU NO FIGHT BUT WE WILL IF YOU PRESS US. PLEASE WE ARE TRYING TO FIND OUR SISTER. looking at the black skinned human expectantly.

Spoiler
    Show
    characters

25. - Top - End - #655
    Dwarf in the Playground

(( Hey guys, TOTALLY forgot to tell you I was gonna be away all weekend. Whoops? I'll catch up tomorrow, I am hella tired. ))
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #656
    Troll in the Playground

((What weekend? There was a weekend? ))

Neshi sheathes his sword and slings his shield onto his back. The templar walks towards the newcomers with his hands in the air in gesture of peaceful intentions.

He strides up to the two men who seem possessed of a certain otherworldly grace and then remembers what Sekhmet had smelled--- the "taint of the heavens". When he comes within ten feet of them, he calls out to his comrades behind and beside him, "Stand ready to deliver, troop, but 'tis a parley--- so be not overeager unto the fray"

Neshi closes the distance between his company and the two "sons of the gods" when he hears the words of one of them... saying that they are the brothers of his beloved lady, Daiyanissa... These words had bearely sunk in when his head suddenly throbs with a massive headache.

The templar's breathing becomes laboured, his steps leaden, his smile forced through grit teeth. He extends one trembling hand for them to shake but then convulsively takes it back. He asks with quivering, lowering brow as one hand trembles toward his shield and the other to his hilt, "What surety canst thou give, that true thou knowest milady fairest, Daiyanissa of old? How do ye assure us of thy kinship with her?"

Neshi grunts and groans with the growing pain in his head but he endures the agony with a quivering smile. "OhdearHorusmakethepainstop! W-well, whatsay thee, strangers bold, ye bloody sons of the gods? My company and I cometh in peace do come in peace to those who likewise bear themselves yet come for war--- war against the servants of Set. Speak thy piece, strangers, divulge thy names and mayhap allies we can become against the coming tide of darkness... and friends beside, if so fare we in the winds of fate"

27. - Top - End - #657
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Nina:

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus-R.C._Mina View Post
    With a grim countenance and sincere gaze, the templar turns to the ranger of the golden locks and says to her, "Lady Ninaste, I beg of thee in the name of all that is holy, shoot me in the back if I sieze up again with possession. I offer thee the thousand thanks of a doomed man if it comes to that."
    ((definitely no prompting needed there! ))

Nina keeps her bow, arrow notched, aimed at Neshi's back as he moves towards the strangers. Who's Daiyanissa? she wonders.

When she sees Neshi starting to do his thing again, she hollers at Tristan to go to Neshi's aid. "For pete's sake, stop him so I don't have to shoot him!"
    My Characters:

Spoiler
    Show
    Ke'Kitathas El'Tulari of Ambulating Artifacts:

Kit, Elven Paladin of Corellon Larethian, lvl 1
    (current) AC 13, hp: 10/10, init +1, Listen/Spot +4

Kai'Ninaste El'Tir of Lich Ruler:

Nina, elven Ranger/Rogue of Solonor Thelandira, lvl 2/3
    AC 17, hp: 26/26, init +3, Listen/Spot +12

Hotaru of The Cube:

'Ru, half-elven Bard, lvl 5
    AC 16, hp: 20/20, init +2, Listen/Spot +6/+1

28. - Top - End - #658

WolfInSheepsClothing

Tristan in his current stupor barely hears the words of those around him. When Nina yells at him to aid Neshi he start watching to see if there is anything he can do, silently saying a prayer to Oghma to grant him the knowledge needed to do what he must.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Dwarf in the Playground

Looking oddly at neshi's hand as he withdraws it. Then looks to the archer and back.We come in peace. so you do know of our sister? The proof we have is but our word of honor of our celestial heritage for we are the descendants of raziel the demon slayer, the crusader what ever you wish to call him. He is the one who leads the blood war upon the abyss. We are looking for her because of a "little" mishap. Please we will stay the night with you we only wish to know of our sister. We heard she joined a group of adventurers.
    Last edited by wingover gimble; 2007-10-22 at 11:33 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    characters

30. - Top - End - #660
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

as kaz bends down to pick up some sand he slowly lets it slither away to blow away in the wind and asks Neshi,"Why do you need assurance of our sister? Do you know of her were abouts? Kaz then stands up and looks towards his brother and says,"I don't see why we should talk about our mishap at this time. It seems quite unnecessary.