New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: lich ruler

1. - Top - End - #661
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: lich ruler

"How in the bloody blighted bleeding blasted blazes are we to trust ye if'n ye give no proof of how 'tis that ye claim kinship?! Ye and milady Daiyanissa look naught alike!" Neshi snaps at them.

The dark-skinned templar buries his hands in his mane and massages a burning brain. "Yes. We. Were. Her. Comrades. In. That. Ad-ven-tur-ing. Party." He says through grit teeth.

His breathing becomes heavier yet ragged. His face contorts in a paroxysm of pain. His eyes dilate incredibly, his irises almost become lost in sudden minuteness.

"ARRRGGH!" He finally screams, the walls of his soul crumbling slowly yet surely. He stumbles off, reelnig like a drunken man, clutching his head and his whole body shaking hither and yon. "GAAAGH! YORRRICK! GODS'SAKES, TELL THEM! CAUTION BE DAMNED, TELLLL THEM!"

Neshi falls into the dust, his legs still kicking. One hand twitches deggedly towards his pack and withdraws the vial that Daiyaissa had once given him. The gauntlet sigil of Torm glistens, engraved, on its surface. The crystal clear water within sparkles with holiness.

He shudders as he sips therefrom, careful to cork it swiftly thereafter. Verily, black smoke rises from Neshi's eyes, nose and ears...
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

2. - Top - End - #662
    Troll in the Playground

...and then he stands, wobbles on his feet and sits down hard once more. With his face buried in his hands, he says, "Tristan, Nina, stand down. Yorrick, lower thy blade and I beg of thee to speak in my stead--- my Curse doth wax much"

Looking at the two unearthly brothers, Neshi snarls, "Much we have to speak of, regarding thy... sister. Give us thy names that we may not banter here 'til we all collapse of sun-fever"

His hand closes on his holy symbol and smoke sizzles from his hand. His breath comes shallowly until he masters himself.

He meets the brothers' gaze and says steadily, "Hail to thee once more. The hulking warrior yonder is Yorrick Goblinsbane, a sage of the sword. The bespectacled fellow over there is the eminent Tristan Gamaliel, a priest of Light and a scholar without peer. Here behind me is a maiden of the woods, the lady Ninaste, bard of the bowstring"

Bowing low, he continues with the introductions, "And I am Neshi of Nimlot's Nome, former Captain of the Guard of Ancient Efer-nim. I am a warrior-priest of Horus-Re, Son of the Sun's Scion and the last templar Lightbringer of the Sanctum of Sekhmet. As ye have witnessed, I am afflicted with a curse... a curse of many spirit-shards that plague my soul. I beg thy pardon for having almost lost myself to a seizure of possession before thee"

3. - Top - End - #663
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

im sorry friend i dont understand what you mean are you saying there is a fiend possesing you? Kazz gives his brother a starnge look then looks to nishi i am Kazz me and my brother here are looking for are sister please i must know if you have seen her or know of her where abouts we have matters we must discuss

4. - Top - End - #664
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Tristan can't help but feel pain for the brothers because of what he already knows. He looks over to Neshi and says, "They need to know, tell them about their sister."
    Last edited by bchilders; 2007-10-23 at 05:55 PM.
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

5. - Top - End - #665
    Dwarf in the Playground

Looking at Neshi holding back and holding a vial of torms holy water he knew his sister was here. What?!... Uh afflicted with curse? Possession? By god man what have you done to her. Looking very angry at neshi then to the man named yorrick who seemed to be a brother in arms. Stregthening the grip on his sword looking cautiosly at neshi and his convulsions.

Saying in a strong voice that could only belong to something of the heavens I am Lord Adoril. We have traveled far. Never would i thought my sister would travel with a possessed man unless she meant to heal his soul from this fiend. My sister was a paladin of Torm and she rode on a horse she named herself. She was strict by the law but always good intentions. If you people did anything to hurt her im sorry but i can only contain my brother for so long. I'm not the oh so dangerous one.

Looking to the cleric with glasses he asks,"Please by the gods themselves what has happened to my beloved sister? Some things have happened and our family is in danger. Looking to the heat then looking to his magically enchanted amour seeming fine but then to his brother who could only make it so long he says,"We shall find a place in the shade were the sun of lathender cannot be so cruel.
    "Ok so what did you get to hit?" "I rolled a 1 again..." "That is your sixth one!!" "It's not me it's the sword, it's a cursed magic item!!"

[Image removed - too large]
    Spoiler
    Show
    characters
    Chuck norris: Lich ruler
    Jack bee quick: Erunia

6. - Top - End - #666
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Kazz gets a very frustrated and confused look on his face and says with a vioce thats holding back anger and utter confusion at the same time I...I..dont understand what is MY sister doing with a..a.. Possesed Person I...mean she was a Paladin IN the name of RAZIAL i just want to know Where SHE IS...

Kazz breathing heavy and staring blankly at the ground he mutters a few words. The wind picks up and starts blowing the sand around him He picks his head up and looks to his brother and says "never mind the shade brother I well get anwsers even if i stand here all eternity" kazz quickly looks to nishi and stares at him right in the eyes and in a vioce of utter anger and frustration says" listen here and listen good she is my sister...my word is all the proof you need.... and seeing as you want proof that we are her brothers.. YOU must know her where abouts KNOW please i Beg of you TELL US WHERE SHE IS .... FOR WE ARE IN DANGER AND NEED HER WISDOM... KNOW SPEAK!!...
    Last edited by Eruk; 2007-10-24 at 04:13 PM.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Nina:

Oh, the paladin woman. She winces in sorrow, lowering her bow, though she leaves arrow nocked.

"Lord Adoril," Nina bows her head to him courteously and approaches to an easier talking distance. "Your sister befell much ill on this journey and it was only due to this warrior that worse was not unleashed onto the world. This will be a long story. Will you sit with us? Make camp? There is much to discuss."
    My Characters:

Spoiler
    Show
    Ke'Kitathas El'Tulari of Ambulating Artifacts:

Kit, Elven Paladin of Corellon Larethian, lvl 1
    (current) AC 13, hp: 10/10, init +1, Listen/Spot +4

Kai'Ninaste El'Tir of Lich Ruler:

Nina, elven Ranger/Rogue of Solonor Thelandira, lvl 2/3
    AC 17, hp: 26/26, init +3, Listen/Spot +12

Hotaru of The Cube:

'Ru, half-elven Bard, lvl 5
    AC 16, hp: 20/20, init +2, Listen/Spot +6/+1

8. - Top - End - #668

the winds suddenly pick up and the sands begin to fly into your faces then you can barely see a yard away from you
    (sandstorm)
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

9. - Top - End - #669
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Neshi casts Nimbus of Light and waves his sword aroud with the flaming activated--- all the batter for him to be seen in the gloom. Heh, it may be seen as a waste of a "good" attack spell, but he ain't all that good with rays.

Walls of howling, shrieking wind suddenly spring up from nowhere and batter the hapless companions. The heavier grains of sand slash forth like vicious claws of the waste while their lighter brethren whirl in a blinding maelstrom, blotting out the light of the sun, turning near-noontide into deepest darkness.

Something snaps within Neshi and he spits out sand and calls out with a voice seemingly magified by the teeth of the storm. He rips out his khopesh, its blade buring bright and waves it in the air. "RALLY TO ME! COVER THY FACES--- EYES NOSE AND MOUTH! COVER UP LEST YE CHOKE TO DEATH!"

He whips out his old burnoose and hastily ties it about his head. Once the familiar fabric heaves with his breath, he sighs heavily with relief.

His brow darkens, however, when he sees his comrades stumbling in the sands, groping in the darkness. Neshi slashes at the storm with his flaming sword, leaving trails of fire in its wake inthe pattern of the Sign of the Falcon. He lifts his voice in prayer and raises his hands to heaven in a plea for divine aid. "The hand of Set is upon us but the light of Re is with us. I beseech thee, milord Horus, shine hither thy eye of light and hope, lead us to where we need to be! This I pray in thy mighty name, so mote it be!"

Upon the last syllable of the invocation, a flare of hallowed radiance bursts from Neshi's holy symbol, from the very Eye of the Falcon. It is a wholesame and hallowed light of gold and white and it suffuses the templar's body, making him glow like a beacon in the darkness.

Neshi's mouth is all the while agape in a silent scream of pain as black smoke--- unseen to all but the most hardy of eyes--- rises therefrom. At last he comes to grips with the pain but is not able to conquer it. He works his jaw and spits a glob of blood and sand from his throat.

He draws a deep breath to call out once more. "SAFETY IN UNITY, SAFETY IN NUMBERS!..." Suddenly, his voice acquires a feminine pitch and an ethereal timbre just as the glowing of his form flares higher with golden glory. [B]"RALLY TO ME! KEEP THY FACES COVERED, WALK ARM-IN-ARM! THEY WHO STUMBLE ARE LOST AND DAMNED TO DARKNESS ETERNAL!"[/B]

And then, Neshi's eyes flash a hue of deep piercing blue and he, or rather, she speaks in a voice fierce of joy but not lacking in grief most profound. "MY BROTHERS! IS IT REALLY YOU?" With no further warning, he envelops the two sons of the gods in a rib-cracking embrace.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Kazz graves his brothers arms and lock them to his with all his strength not to let go. With his other arm he locks on to nishi as tight as he can... trying to talk to his sister he but at the same time trying not to get sand in his mouth mumbles under his breath "si..st..er I....I..I am so...lost...right....now.....ple...ase.....I....I. ...Dont unde...rstand...what.....curse.....has....befell.. .upon...you....who....did...this...to you...."

at that Kazz holds his locked arm on to his brothers so hard one wuld think his cutting the blood flow off...
    did you just look at my

This isent a game its a religion

11. - Top - End - #671
    Dwarf in the Playground

Locking his brother's arm in his with all his strength then looking to neshi he sees a strange look that was not there before. looking through his perfectly clear white eyes he shouts,"What Magic is this sister? Damn this wind!! where are you? we shall come and get you from the very mountains of Celestia or even the holy lands of torm himself we will find you. I swear upon my honor!

Looking to everyone else he sees the party start to from to him and his brother. In a strong bellowing voice (if you have knowledge the planes or religion its easily identified as a trumpet archons heritage in him). Everyone link your arms this sand is a tough one. Ones with not much strength link with the fighters and the warriors of the group. We need to find cover or else we'll be burned badly or if its really really bad we could be buried.

Looking back at his family he has found, "A kingdom is after us we need your wisdom now. Were can we find you or save you? Brother make sure you cover your eyes last thing we need you now is blind.as he lowers his helmet so his face is completely shielded.
    "Ok so what did you get to hit?" "I rolled a 1 again..." "That is your sixth one!!" "It's not me it's the sword, it's a cursed magic item!!"

Spoiler
    Show
    characters

12. - Top - End - #672
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Nina:

Shrieking as sand scalds her skin, Nina hastily unstrings her bow and packs everything away, fumbling about in the sand for that weird cloth-thing Neshi had given her earlier, to wind the fabric about her face.

She'll grab hands with Tristan and Yorrick and hope whatever is possessing Neshi at least knows how to shelter from the sandy tornado all around them.
    My Characters:

Spoiler
    Show

Hotaru of The Cube:

13. - Top - End - #673
    Dwarf in the Playground

(OOC: Sorry, I don't have a chance to post just yet, but Yorrick's been separated from the group. More on that will be written later. Tomorrow.)
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #674
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Kazz yells so his sister can hear him and says "SISTER I PROMISE YOU. WE WELL FIND YOU I WELL GO TO THE GATES OF HELL AND FARTHER JUST TO GET YOU...AND IF ANYONE HARMS YOU I THEY WELL FALL BY MY SWORD AND BY MY MIGHT."

Kazz then says to his brother" BROTHER I AGREE WE NEED TO FIND SHELTER BEFORE WE GET BURIED ALIVE... LETS MOVE OUT
    Last edited by Eruk; 2007-10-26 at 11:37 AM.
    did you just look at my

15. - Top - End - #675

WolfInSheepsClothing

Tristan huddles in tight with the others and fastens the cloth around his face. He grunts his agreement on finding somewhere safe from this storm when it is suggested.

OOC: Sorry so short...I'm at work right now
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

16. - Top - End - #676
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

(OOC: just so u know because i dident have time to describe my apperance to you guys my character has peral eyes in other words no pupal my eyes are just white and i have feathers on my shoulders......also what wingover said a knowlage: plains or religion revals that we are trumpet archon in us. thanks)
    did you just look at my

17. - Top - End - #677

make a fort save please all medium people

everyone takes
    (1d3)[1] nonlethal

fear my 1 piont of damage
    Last edited by de-trick; 2007-10-26 at 03:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

18. - Top - End - #678

WolfInSheepsClothing

Tristan looks over the two new companions as he huddles away from the searing wind.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge Religion:[rol]1d20+12[/roll]
    Fort Save:(1d20+6)[12]

19. - Top - End - #679

WolfInSheepsClothing

OOC: Sorry forgot a L in my knowledge check

(1d20+12)[22]

20. - Top - End - #680
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

(1d20+4)[18]

this is my fort save
    did you just look at my

21. - Top - End - #681
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Fort save for Nina: (1d20+4)[17](21)
    My Characters:

Spoiler
    Show

Hotaru of The Cube:

22. - Top - End - #682
    Troll in the Playground

(1d20+7)[26] Fort save

23. - Top - End - #683

so far everyone but Tristan passes

Tristan you fall over from the wind, sand and heat

nexus nice avatar
    Last edited by de-trick; 2007-10-28 at 10:10 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

24. - Top - End - #684
    Dwarf in the Playground

Okay fort save.
    (1d20+8)[16]

Spoiler
    Show
    characters

25. - Top - End - #685
    Troll in the Playground

((cast Endure Elements on Tristan, hopefully provoking a renewed save and Protection from Evil on Nina

(1d20+6)[11] Survival--- for, allegedly, nature endurance

(1d20+1)[14] Knowledge Local and (1d20+1)[19] Knowledge History--- I'll take the better roll to tell me where the heck to go to find the nearest structure/ruin/temple/tomb from a portal that leads to the Northern Lands.))

Neshi hisses as he sees Tristan's silhouette shudder in the storm of sand and fall in a heap. Clouting Kazz's head irritably with the back of his hand, he shrugs out of the aasimar's grip and rushes over to the fallen priest.

He holds him up firmly yet gently and peers at the man's face. With uncanny vision, he glimpses that he has succumbed to the sands and the heat--- his face is flushed with blood, his lips are cracked and parched, his eyes are coated with protective mucous.

Heaving up the fellow priest, Neshi places a hand over his forehead and pronounces, "Be well, in Horus' name". Part of the radiance that suffuses the dark-skinned templar softens then flows into the injured fellow. As his eyes flicker open, he thrusts both his waterskin and his patient into the arms of Nina and Yorrick, saying, "Keep him well".

((To be continued))
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2007-10-28 at 11:03 PM.

26. - Top - End - #686
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Kazz gives nishi one of the dirty'st looks his ever seen... then Kazz puts his face near his brothers ear and whispers

THIS IS FOR WINGOVER ONLY & de-trick

Spoiler
    Show
    "I swear if he ever hits me again.. I will cut his head clean off and give him a traters grave.. who deos he think he is to smack an angel"

u looked anyways i knew you would

Last edited by Eruk; 2007-10-29 at 12:16 PM.
    did you just look at my

27. - Top - End - #687
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Nina:

Squinting at Neshi through the blowing sand, she shouts: "I've lost Yorrick! Don't know where he's gone!"

She takes Tristan, holding onto him fiercely and turning both their backs into the wind, to try and swallow as little sand as possible.

"Can't we get out of here?"
    My Characters:

Spoiler
    Show

Hotaru of The Cube:

28. - Top - End - #688

WolfInSheepsClothing

OOC: So did I go unconscious?

29. - Top - End - #689

nexus to cast a spell you have to make a concentration check DC 16

wingover failed to dc was 18
    you and Tristan faint

neshi there is suppose to be a temple to Horus here
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

30. - Top - End - #690
    Dwarf in the Playground

(( Posting tonight, I think. Meanwhile, Fort save, although I'll be in a slightly different boat.
    (1d20+8)[25] ))
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show