New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930

Thread: lich ruler

1. - Top - End - #871
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: lich ruler

((OOC: That's 1 natural 1. There's no rule that says your attack ends when you roll a natural 1, so the rest should still go through.))

2. - Top - End - #872
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

As soon as Nina comes out of the swarm, Tristan will move to her side and use another charge of his cure light wounds wand.

Spoiler
    Show
    CLW:(1d8+1)[6]
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

3. - Top - End - #873

and then it dies then

* from now on though if you roll a Nat .1, will end a full attack*
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

4. - Top - End - #874
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    That... seems like a bad house rule, one that can only possibly hurt the players. Why do that?

5. - Top - End - #875

*You are unable to recover from the failure*

You here water dripping if you go forward you see a fountian with a hawks head dripping water. You are all thristy too.(drink the water please)
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Come on, you can do better than that! If we have to drink the water, find a way that FORCES us to drink the water.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Hey, before we move on, wouldn't it make sense to stop and heal first? Sleep and recover overnight, considering how many hurt folks we have?

With Tristan's wand, Nina's now at 4 hp. But she's conscious and supremely happy to no longer be covered in bugs, if a little ticked at being singed by dragonfire.
    My Characters:

Spoiler
    Show
    Ke'Kitathas El'Tulari of Ambulating Artifacts:

Kit, Elven Paladin of Corellon Larethian, lvl 1
    (current) AC 13, hp: 10/10, init +1, Listen/Spot +4

Kai'Ninaste El'Tir of Lich Ruler:

Nina, elven Ranger/Rogue of Solonor Thelandira, lvl 2/3
    AC 17, hp: 26/26, init +3, Listen/Spot +12

Hotaru of The Cube:

'Ru, half-elven Bard, lvl 5
    AC 16, hp: 20/20, init +2, Listen/Spot +6/+1

8. - Top - End - #878

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I think that is what the DM is trying to have us do with "mysterious healing fountain"

IC: I don't know if my character would go up and trust "mysterious unknown liquid" but I'll trust whatever everyone else decides
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

9. - Top - End - #879
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (2d8+4)[14] from prepared spells, cast on Nina
    (2d8+4)[8] from scroll, cast on Nina
    (1d8+4)[5] from prepared, cast on Nina
    Cast Protection from Evil

(1d8+4)[7] from prepared, cast on self
    (1d8+5)[12] from wand, on self
    (1d8+5)[10] from wand, on self

Neshi sheathes his khopesh in a puff of oily smoke and half-stomps, half-staggers through the chitinuous carnage of the smashed, seared and scattered swarm of scorpions. Kneeling before Nina, he lays his hands upon her and prays,

"May Isis' eyes never leave thee
    May Horus' healing hands take away thy pain
    Of darkness' taint, shalt thou be free
    Of light laughter be wrought thy voice, O fain

By Horakhte's harrows,
    By Ra's righteousness
    So mote it be"

When they come upon the falcon-headed font, Neshi races forward to lap at the water, panting like a crazed cur.
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

10. - Top - End - #880

OMG your completly healed, and feel rested.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

11. - Top - End - #881
    Dwarf in the Playground

(OOC: Hey guys, I'm back in this for good. Sorry, I really got distracted... Anyway, yes, drank water [even if it's a bit out-of-character] and all happy healed, can we move on?)
    Last edited by Methalor; 2008-02-09 at 01:40 AM.
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #882

This is the last place in this corridor, remeber there is still another one
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

13. - Top - End - #883
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

((A'right.))

The dragon, not feeling thirsty, declines the invitation to drink, preferring to look around the area and see if there are any more creatures about. It only wants to clear out any infestations before making the place its home after all.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dunno what roll is needed, so here.
    Search - (1d20+17)[32]
    Spot - (1d20+17)[31]
    Listen - (1d20+17)[37]
    Last edited by rockdeworld; 2008-02-09 at 11:00 AM.

14. - Top - End - #884

WolfInSheepsClothing

After seeing his companions drinks Tristan thanks Oghma for the gift and drinks some water himself. He then looks over his other companions to make sure none of them need any further attention.

15. - Top - End - #885

( rockdeworld why can I see your listen result in the topic reveiw)
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

16. - Top - End - #886
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

((What do you mean?))

17. - Top - End - #887

Quote Originally Posted by rockdeworld View Post
    ((A'right.))

[spoiler]Dunno what roll is needed, so here.
    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    Listen - (1d20+17)[37]
    Your first 2 are normal but the 3rd on is cheated, Don't play dumb I can see it and it isn't normal it should read[roll2]
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

((Check the OOC thread.))

19. - Top - End - #889

(sorry thought you were trying the pull the wool over my eyes)

So yo heal up then move back to the other door way back, You go through the draping and see a small room, with pictographs all over the walls, where the next door should be there is a paster over it
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

20. - Top - End - #890
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

((S'aright I'd be suspicious too.))

Attempting to restart his conversation with Neshi, the dragon is chatting animatedly again.

"That prayer you said earlier was interesting - who were you praying to? On top of that, what were some of the words you used?"

21. - Top - End - #891
    Troll in the Playground

"The prayer of healing over the lady Ninaste?" Neshi replies, looking over his shoulder while tracing the a column of hieroglyphs reverently with his trembling right hand.

"Well Furnacebreath, 'twas Isis, the goddess of light, love and liberty. Hers is the gift of happiness, healing and health. Aye, her and her son Horus the Falconlord, my patron..." he says, continuing.

But then he turns and fixes the dragon with his grey gaze and asks, "But ye, sir Brassblade, what meanst ye that understood ye not the words of prayer and power that spake I anon?"
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2008-02-18 at 07:09 AM.

22. - Top - End - #892
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The dragon snorts a bit at being called "Furnacebreath," but is somewhat mollified by the Sir Brassblade that followed it.

"By Horakhte's harrows, By Ra's righteousness So mote it be" The dragon recites perfectly, from memory. "These are words from before my time, and the power they seemed to give you was great, yet I know not how, for these are names that I have heard of only in legend. I had no idea that ones such as them still had followers in this day and age."

23. - Top - End - #893

ok just so we are all clear there is a sealed door.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

24. - Top - End - #894
    Troll in the Playground

((sorry for taking so long))

((cast Detect Evil))

Neshi is reading the weathered columns of Horakhtic praise from the hieroglyphs on the wall, singing silently when he hears the dragon's answer. Suddenly, he whirls around, his eyes blazing scarlet. His voice rumbles with the growl of mountains crumbling asunder as he bares now-jagged teeth at the brass drake.

"NRAA-HA-HA-HA-HAA!", comes the sinister and vaguely femenine laughter thundering forth from the depths of his heart. "Thy legends pale before my full glory, wretched worm! I was here before the making of the world. I was here when Ra first awoke and burned away the primordial darkness. I was the one who first BROKE the world! HAHAHA! Quail before me, mortal scum, for I am..."

Suddenly, the terrible voice shifts down into a mellower, more jaded tone as his eyes' colour turn turquoise... "Ankhutar. I am Ankhutar the repented, Ankhutar the Lightbringer, headmistress of Sanctum..." Releasing a sigh that is weary of countless millennia, he... or rather, she, continues, "But then, truth be told, in age of old, I was known as..."

And then his voice grows dark and terrible once more. The very shadows on the walls sweep towards his hands and swirl and writhe like serpents about his feet, awaiting his deadly whims. "...SEKHMET! I AM THE QUEEN OF CHAOS, THE BLOOD-DRUNK, THE DEVOURER OF MEN, THE MARRER OF MOUNTAINS!"

Just as suddenly, his eyes flash a brilliant celestial azure and his voice speaks with the tongue of a maid more fair than mortal tongue can tell. Tinkling as winter's icicles melting away in spring's thaw, sweet as the most golden honey, the voice banishes the gloom from the room. "Ah, please be kind enough to forgive my shard-sisters, sir dragon. Also, please excuse me while I withdraw within and Smite that bitch-queen's insufferable evil..."

With those final words, Neshi's eyes roll back into their sockets and then he gives a primal yell as he slams his shield against the sealed door. Collapsing to his knees, panting heavily, he snarls, his neck muscles corded fiercely. His saliva drips from a slack mouth and he leans heavily upon his sword, stabbed into the stone of the temple floor.

Finally, the Fallen Templar looks up into the dragon's eyes, locking them with his own grey-pupiled gaze and then he says, "I am a wanderer of the ages. I am a walker of the wastes of boundless space. I slept in stone and swam the seas of unreckoned time, its golden sands long gone to ash and dust. My gods are those of an age long gone, long ago. My life was ended long ago"
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2008-02-25 at 03:17 AM.

25. - Top - End - #895

you can tell there are mulitiple evil creatures, the strongest aura is strong
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

26. - Top - End - #896
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

((What happened to everyone else? There used to be more posters in this game, didn't there?))

The dragon shrinks back slightly with a low hiss as the earth begins to shake and Neshi's first incarnation begins her bellowing yell, then angrily rises after hearing the part about being a wretched worm, with eyes glowing red and flames growing from the gaps in its maw. However, before the dragon decides to engulf Neshi and whatever clearly malevolent spirit his body is acting as an avatar for, another, mellower, incarnation takes hold of the man, and the dragon's curiosity re-emerges from beneath its anger and fear. The dragon listens complacently to the rest of the spirits' tirades, until Neshi's own personality emerges once more in a spasm of physical movement.

"Very interesting. You hold the spirits of the ancient gods inside you? So you are an avatar, of sorts. What do you mean, your life was ended? Tell me more about yourself."

27. - Top - End - #897

WolfInSheepsClothing

(sorry it's been a while)

Tristan, getting more and more used to Neshi's transformations, listens to learn more of what caused these shards to posses his companion.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rockdeworld View Post
    ((What happened to everyone else? There used to be more posters in this game, didn't there?))

The dragon shrinks back slightly with a low hiss as the earth begins to shake and Neshi's first incarnation begins her bellowing yell, then angrily rises after hearing the part about being a wretched worm, with eyes glowing red and flames growing from the gaps in its maw. However, before the dragon decides to engulf Neshi and whatever clearly malevolent spirit his body is acting as an avatar for, another, mellower, incarnation takes hold of the man, and the dragon's curiosity re-emerges from beneath its anger and fear. The dragon listens complacently to the rest of the spirits' tirades, until Neshi's own personality emerges once more in a spasm of physical movement.

"Very interesting. You hold the spirits of the ancient gods inside you? So you are an avatar, of sorts. What do you mean, your life was ended? Tell me more about yourself."
    Neshi sits down heavily upon a gigantic piece of broken statuary that looks like a lioness's toe. "'Life was ended'--- I was DEAD, blight take it all! I was dead... and now I live... To squeeze a tale of terror that shall surely harrow up your young heart's blood into a few moments' speech..."

"Ha-ha-ha! You make me laugh, young one" speaks the spirit-shard of Ankhutar through the mortal warrior's mouth before relinquishing his faculties to him.

The Fallen Templar heaves a weary sigh and leans back against the cold masonry of the wall. "I was once the captain of the Royal Guard of the fair city of Efer-nim. A thousand years ago, Apepi, the Night-Serpent arose and devoured Ra, plunging the world into eternal shadow. A thousand years ago, I had yet to reach twenty years when I had to lead the Guard on a hopeless, desperate campaign into the wilderness, leading hordes of the damned dead away from Efer-nim's innocents. On the third night we were decimated. Down to the last dozen men we stood, heaping high the wall of the slain..."

After slashing the air to add emphasis to his words, Neshi sighs dreamily with a glazed look in his grey eyes. "And then she came... plummeting from the sky, purifying to naught but ash all the daemons that besieged my beleaguered band... She was more fair than mortal tongue can tell. Her flowing hair a firestorm from Ra's own soul, her sword a searing serpent of virtued vengeance. She was Ankhutar..."

Suddenly, blood blasts from Neshi's nose in a crimson geyser. Speaking raggedly through gritted teeth, the Fallen Templar says with Daiyanissa's lovely voice, "Behind yon sealed door are creatures of chaos that call to my elder sister, pledging their services to her reign of terror. The sheer evil Taint of souls put them beyond redemption and the stench of their corruption just screams to be smote and Purified..."

"Comrade Yorrick, the maul, if ye please..." Neshi asks of his old friend, extending a trembling hand toward him.