martin

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20-1)[10]
    (1d20-1)[2]
    (1d20-1)[11]
    (1d20-1)[17]

2 archer hobs fail and 1 attacking chuck failed
    Last edited by de-trick; 2007-07-04 at 08:02 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: lich ruler

(OOC: Wow, super hobgoblins (max hp is normally 10). Still, it seems fairly certain that I was close to killing it, thus the flavour text; damn, should have used power attack.

Also, can you please describe the effect and show which Hobs on the map are knocked out by the colour spray? We need to know which two are still standing and which ones we can just coup de grace.)
    Last edited by Methalor; 2007-07-04 at 08:15 AM.
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

((OOC: It's a crossover! They're Dhakaani, or at least Darguunish hobgoblins from Eberron! Heh, joke))

Neshi heaves his sword high in salutation to Martin. He scans the field of battle and sees that the only foes left standing are those facing him and Yorrick.

He calls out calmly, "Troop! Stand down. Give quarter! Spare those who surrender!"

Addressing the hobgoblins who remain, he says "Yol drenas r'm-d'kas! Otre'g n'turlh!"

"H'reg e'mt drenas?" Neshi's opponent snarls and spits. Laughing, he mocks the dark-skinned templar. "Kel-gnw'ada khavolaar okhaan'ra!"

"Kel...? Ad tem, bar-konath yol Wodrakal khavolaari. Yol baraka okhaan'ra!" Neshi retorts.

"Vok" The hobgoblin's prideful visage pales and then flushes at the implication. He repeats his concession, this time more forcefully. "Vokkal Wodrakal"

Somewhere to the right, Yorricks adversary sags, clutching the gaping wound in his side. Neshi's fist tightens around the hilt of his khopesh and he raises his blade, preparing for a final strike as he propounds the question once more. "Hreg drenas r'm-d'kas?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Goblin-Common Translations:

"Lay down your arms and you will not be harmed"

"Surrender? We will never surrender to a weakling like you!"

(OOC: Yeah, I was the only one not to hit anything except on the Trip attack. Heh, shouldn't have wasted it on a trip. If I'd gone on a straight attack then, I might have managed to Cleave through both! Hehehe for mistakes, eh?)

"Weak? You call me 'weak', you who attack when your foes are asleep? Cowards and defilers of rest! You'll be cast out from the Halls of Honor!"

"Yes. Yes indeed"

"Save what honor you have left. Do you surrender?"
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

4. - Top - End - #184
    Bugbear in the Playground

(i made them advanced)

Hobgoblins surrender ha I laugh at you.We rather die you human.

(1d20+2)[4]

(1d8+1)[8]

only one not hypnotized is one in front of chuck.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

5. - Top - End - #185
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

((If they have 2HD or less, they're completely unconscious. Then blinded and stunned. Then blinded. If they have 3-4 HD, take out the 'completely unconscious' portion of the spell. I'll roll for how long and assume they were advanced only 1 HD.))

"They'll be like that for only a short while!" That may have been a death sentence for my helpless foes...

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll roll for 4 unconscious hobbos, but if there are only 3 affected, disregard the last roll:
    Hobbo1 is unconscious for (2d4)[3] rounds, stunned and blinded for (1d4)[1] rounds after that, and then stunned for one round.
    Hobbo2 is unconscious for (2d4)[4] rounds, stunned and blinded for (1d4)[1] rounds after that, and then stunned for one round.
    Hobbo3 is unconscious for (2d4)[2] rounds, stunned and blinded for (1d4)[4] rounds after that, and then stunned for one round.
    Hobbo4 is unconscious for (2d4)[4] rounds, stunned and blinded for (1d4)[4] rounds after that, and then stunned for one round.

Bold is the only one I assume is up.

__D ____ H1
    __N H3__ H2___ ___ M
    __C H5__ H4
    ________ Y
    Last edited by ByeLindgren; 2007-07-04 at 02:48 PM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

(1d20+5)[13]

Why? Why do you give up the chance at redemption?

Neshi sighs as he swings his blade. "Then die, fool".

The khopesh flashes through the air and misses wide, plunging into the soft, grassy soil. Bent over thusly from an overextended strike, Neshi realizes his vulnerability and tries to evade the avenging strike.

But then, he hears a groaning at his feet, an agonized wail of moaning. It is the injured Chuck, clutching his broken leg. Neshi then brings up his shield and prepares for the hobgoblin's onslaught, taking consolation in the fact that by staying there, he'd take a blow that might otherwise end the life of somebody helpless.
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2007-07-04 at 10:14 PM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Halfling in the Playground

DruidGirl

Daiyanissa sheathes her greatsword and dives at Hob 3, pulling at the rope hanging from her hip.
    Use Rope check
    (d20)[11]+3= 14

"Come on everyone! tie them up before they awaken!" she yelled.
    Last edited by Daiyanissa; 2007-07-04 at 06:57 PM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chuck loking strangly calm at his leg says, "Well its broken but not bleeding and as for not surrendering hobgoblin you may die a warriors death, or i with you! As he brings his staff in a side arc towards his hip.

(1d20+1)[19] -4 becuase im prone
    (1d6+4)[5]
    As he swings he hopes to the gods they guide this blow for not letting this innocent adventurer be injured for his falt. I only get people hurt when i know they are of evil orgin.
    "Ok so what did you get to hit?" "I rolled a 1 again..." "That is your sixth one!!" "It's not me it's the sword, it's a cursed magic item!!"

[Image removed - too large]
    Spoiler
    Show
    characters
    Chuck norris: Lich ruler
    Jack bee quick: Erunia

9. - Top - End - #189
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Martin looks a bit worried and yells across to Daiy,

"I don't have rope!"

Not too heavy for me now...
    Last edited by ByeLindgren; 2007-07-04 at 11:23 PM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chuck looks towards martin and says "I know from experience that if you break thier legs they are not going anywere or if they are going to get away then you should kill them while you can. then after a readuring smack against the hobgoblin then he says "I dislike my luck but you know what, we are going to have to get me a drink after this. Ha ha ha.
    "Ok so what did you get to hit?" "I rolled a 1 again..." "That is your sixth one!!" "It's not me it's the sword, it's a cursed magic item!!"

Spoiler
    Show
    characters

11. - Top - End - #191

and the one chuck falls over dead
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

12. - Top - End - #192
    Dwarf in the Playground

I look to the person who seemed to have special powers of the clerics and say "Mind getting those guys tied up or beaten and then help me out.

Spoiler
    Show
    characters

13. - Top - End - #193
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

__D ____ H1
    __N H3__ H2___ ___ M
    __C ____ H4
    ________ Y

As H4 is unconscious and wounded, Yorrick will deliver a non-lethal coup de grace to the unconscious H4.

As per what Derek ruled when I asked him, the blow is nonlethal damage and an automatic hit, but not a critical like a regular coup de grace.

So, rolling for nonlethal damage to H4:

(2d6+8)[11]

Derek, I know they're already unconscious, but please do let me know if the nonlethal damage is enough to leave them knocked out completely for the next little while. Remember that nonlethal damage goes down by 1/hour, so even if the current hp - nonlethal damage is -1, he'll be out for a lot longer than 4 rounds.

Vigilance was not needed. As Yorrick stood ready to endure any javelins thrown his way, the sorcerer finally came into play. Arcane might, an explosion of colour and light. The orange-skinned warriors were left weaving, reeling in the face of the spellslinger's magical might. All but one toppled, insofar as Yorrick could see, and the one left standing soon found itself outnumbered.

Yorrick's grin turned wicked for a moment, as he glared at the wounded hobgoblin before him. The peltast was still breathing, some natural fortitude staving off any additional harm from the blow he had dealt it. But, it was unconscious, prone on the ground, helpless before him. The wicked grin turned wider, killing intent written all over his face. He lifted his greatsword above his head, not noticing its considerable weight. He began to bring it down, his only intent to slay the hobgoblin, to end its miserable existence, to murder his helpless opponent.

"Murder?!" he thought, his eyes opening widely for a moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everything hazy. Eyes can't focus. The memory unclear, grasping at a mere tendril of smoke rather than the fire itself.

A Masaw-mosid warrior lay before him, wounded and unconscious.

"Captain, I cannot bring myself to finish these wretches. I want to slay them, to protect Efer-nim. But I cannot slay them like this, I cannot kill them like my father was killed, like my mother was slain before my eyes. I cannot." Yorrick, or the man whose eyes Yorrick was seeing with, said. Tears were rolling down his cheeks, painful memories brought to the fore. His head was buried in his hands, shame overcoming him.

"My brother, I know thy heart nearly as well as my own. A great warrior you are, but honourable to a fault. Truth be, I cannot commit such an act devoid of mercy and compassion, even against these brutal savages. Let us make a pledge, on our brotherhood, that we shall always think coolly about these matters, to always act with as much compassion, mercy, and honour as we can, and to never forget our true selves in battle." the Captain responded, his face blurry and his voice distorted, indistinguishable. Straining as he might, he could not make out the Captain's features.

They clasped arms in the way of those of Nimlot's guard, swearing to hold true to their vow forevermore.

"So mote it be."

"So mote it be."

(OOC: Sorry, Nexus, I didn't have quite the right touch to emulate Neshi's mode of speech. That can be forgiven, I hope.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"... to never forget our true selves in battle."

By some sheer force of will, he began to shift the trajectory of his sword's path. It was moving faster and faster, gravity combining with the sheer hatred behind his initial blow, ascent towards the earth and the awaiting hobgoblin flesh virtually assured. Yorrick began to pour all his strength into changing the predestined path, into interrupting the unwavering devotion of his initial swing. Time began to slow as he fought his most difficult battle yet; a fight against himself, his own strength, and his own emotions. "I cannot give up." he pledged to himself. He began to scream, incomprehensible gibberish as he exerted as much of his strength as he could.

Closer. Closer. Almost there. Almost connected. Almost a murderer. No. He couldn't. He couldn't give up. Shift it! Stop it! Change what he had started! Stop the mistake! Frantic. Heart pounding. Fear. Fear at himself. Fear at what he was, what he had been, or what he would become! Fear that he had disappointed the person from his memory.

With a final twist, a final push, a final shove, the flat of the blade struck against the hobgoblin with considerable force, trading magicly-induced rest to sleep inspired by concussion. He'd succeeded. He'd changed. He'd changed the unstoppable swing. He'd changed himself. He'd kept his promise.

He stabbed his sword into the ground, leaning on it for support. He felt drained, all of a sudden, as if he could not fight any longer. As if he could not stand up any longer. A tear rolled down his cheek, shame at what he had intended to do filling his heart with grief. He spoke to the downed fighter before him, not caring that the savage goblinoid would not hear his words. "I cannot slay anyone who lays harmless before me. I cannot murder you. I will not slay you. I will not murder you."

"Captain, I cannot break our vow." he whispered, lips barely moving. The sound was carried away on the wind, dispersed amongst the trees. Those trees bore witness to Yorrick's renewed promise, nodding in sage agreement at a thousand-year promise kept and a warrior's resolve renewed.

Somehow, inexplicably, Yorrick gained strength from his own words, renewed strength surging through his body, a rapid-flowing river of courage and steadfastness. He rose, yanked his sword out of the ground, and moved to aid his comrades in the final stages of the conflict.

"But... Where did that memory come from, and why did I stop?!" he thought to himself, no longer feeling quite in control of his own actions. Or was he? Was this his true self?
    Last edited by Methalor; 2007-07-05 at 03:43 AM.
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #194

just to speed it all up you knock out the remaining hobgoblins and tie them up
    taking 20
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

These wounds... I have never felt this kind of pain. Martin looks towards Chuck, his face steadfast and unwincing.
    He fought with more javelin wounds than one. He even continued when his leg was broken, and yet I feel as though I can't stand.

Martin sits and winces, slightly ashamed of his un-heroic reaction.

16. - Top - End - #196

DruidGirl

Daiyanissa finishes tying up the last Hob, and stands up brushing her hands on one another. 'Well at least that hideous task is done'

Ok, how is everybody feeling?

((OOC: If everyone could post their HP left and what they were at full please so I know who to give a cure light to..))

Daiy walks over to Chuck, "Well I must say, i was somewhat impressed when you struck that last hob down while your leg was broken." She went to bandage up his leg

Heal
    [roll]1d20[/roll] +2

"Although i would question your watch methods, like when you are supposed to be guarding the camp, trying to pick a fight with a group member instead is not wise. Please remember that, as I vowed that we would not lose any member of this group while out in this quest, including you. So I tell you this, not as a friend, a Paladin, or a woman, But as your leader. STOP screwing around and pay attention!", With that she stood up, leaving a vial of cure light beside him,"Take that and i don't want to hear any other challenges towards any of our group coming out of you."

She walked over to Martin, "Are you alright wizard?" She handed him a cure light as well. "Drink this, it will help sustain you." With a blank smile she looked around the group, her eyes stopping on Yorrick, who seemed to be going through some turmoil. She glided over and rested a hand on his shoulder. "Yorrick, You were great. Wonderful work my dear. Now you can go have a short rest if you wish, the night is not yet over. Do not worry, we can question those hobs in the morning, I'll be taking watch." She smiled and looked for Neshi.

Upon spotting him she went over to speak to him. "Nice work Comrade. You are an excellent healer. Save your spells. We have the rest of the night to fix ourselves up. I'll be taking watch from now on. Go get some sleep." She smiled at him again and got up to go check on the horses.

((Roll your own cure lights on the board please))
    Last edited by Daiyanissa; 2007-07-05 at 08:37 AM.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground

Smiling when the palidin told him to stop screwing around. He laughs and drinks the cure light and drags himself against the tree and leans there and says queitly "Some day that woman will make an awsome sparing partner. I'll have to challenge her later once my leg is better than just being fixed a little. That yorrick for some strange reason smacked the hobgoblin with the flat of his blade, what was that about. I'll have to look into it. Then his pupils return to his eyes and he slumps down and yawns. Waiting till everyone but the watch goes to sleep he sleeps against the tree. Then he later dreams of how he wil spar with the palidin and what tactics she most likely will use.
    Last edited by wingover gimble; 2007-07-05 at 11:45 AM. Reason: i dont know you tell me

Spoiler
    Show
    characters

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Methalor! Always, always, you exceed yourself! Great work, Daiy!

As the last foes fell...

Neshi feinted with his khopesh, sidestepping right and swinging wildly. His opponent moved left just as Neshi shifted his weight to the balls of his feet, lunging and bashing with his shield. The heavy plate of metal barged through the air...

KRAA-BAK!

And then the shield slammed against the hobgoblin's face, at the same time that Daiyanissa's gauntleted fist slammed into his side. The beast's eyes rolled up in its head and it slumped to the ground, the last of the evening's raiders.

He flashes a white-toothed grin at his fellow templar and raises both arms to the heavens. After a throat-rending ululating call, he sings out, "Praise Horakhe, Lily-born Lord of Vengeance and Virtue! Shines the Sword of the Sunscarab ever on!"

In the aftermath, after the surviving hobgoblins have been trussed up...

Quote Originally Posted by Daiyanissa View Post
    "...I'll be taking watch from now on. Go get some sleep." She smiled at him again and got up to go check on the horses.

((Roll your own cure lights on the board please))
    Neshi sits upon a log, chewing a tough strip of snake jerky. He breathes in and savors the cold clime and the thousand smells of a living forest.

He stares into the campfire and his heart floods with doubts. How had I been so careless as to have been thus caught off guard? That Masaw had a point--- why were my blows so feeble? And why did my heart sudden flare with the rage of sinful Sekhmet when Daiyanissa spoke with Yorrick as she had?

He rips another chunk off of his trail rations. The vegetables' flavor bursts into his mouth and he winces at the sudden bitterness of the tha'grek leaves stuffed into the snake's innards. His mind churns with questions that arose during the battle.

I had yelled the call to arms but a couple of my comrades did not even stir for the fight. Are they cowards or weaklings? Back in those days, they would have been demoted and enslaved to pay for their transgression, if they were not outright executed. Do I judge too much?

And then, when Daiyanissa had joined the fray, she bragged of devouring Masaw waifs for breakfast... THAT ISN'T RIGHT! By faith, it is not right! It violates all codes of virtue and vengeance! But then, was it merely the taunt of a warrior on the field? But even then, no true templar shall utter such blashphemous false testimony! Aye, aye... I lied in the same manner but my taunts followed the Mulhorandi-Mosid'dar Pact of Osorkon's Sowing!

And then, why were the Mosid'dar able to speak most fluently the Common tongue of the lands of Men? What sorcery vile was that? Aye, and strong they were, more hardy than their ancestors' stock... yet their ancestors fought with more honor than these jackals! They attacked in the night when nigh all were asleep--- filthy craven curs! They deserve naught but long years of toil under sun and whip! And when I honorably extended surrender, they refused! What folly! And now they reap what wicked fruit they've sown...

He flings the tail of his snake away into the darkness of the night, an offering to whatever wilderland spirits watch over this heath. He scratches his chin then props his left elbow up on a knee, the chin resting on the gauntlet. With the stars marching on overhead, Neshi heaves a sigh, and struggles to wrench his gaze away from the condensing mist of his exhalation.

His eyes wander across the camp to where Daiyanissa is diligently brushing down the animals. But... Daiyanissa, true, I am attracted to her... but now that I grapple with my heart's passions with my mind's reason, I realize that it is because of the fact that she looks almost exactly as Lightbringer Ankhutar. But then, is that all there is? Do I not love her for who she is as she is and not merely because I have been ripped from my own time and flung a thousand years hence! Kind, helpful, sweet, diligent, funny... but is she one of virtue and not merely vengeance, not merely loyal fury? Who is her lord and her god, this Torm of the Loyal Fury? But heavens forgive and heavens aside, do I love her or do I merely pine for milady Ankhutar?

I... I do not know. By Blessed Bast! May my heart's abyss yield its secrets that I may not lie or Fall on account of my passion for milady fairest...

Suddenly, a rasping, grating sound jarred Neshi out of his reverie. Grzzzk-graaah-grzzzk-ngooorrk-aah... Grzzzk-ngoorrrrk... ngoorrrkk... He restrains himself from leaping up once more with a drawn blade and merely listens and looks, as he was taught in the Scorpions. Slowly, he turns around on his seat on the log and pinpoints the cause of the noise--- it is the big man, the hero, Yorrick, snoring away.

Neshi's eyes squint as he recalls the battle. Through the sea of swords, there suddenly roared the rousing battle cry of the Amun Corps at their last stand, "EFER-NIM! HOLD 'TIL DEATH! FOR EFER-NIM!" The Cry was uttered once more in this strange land, in this strange time by a strange voice but I rallied like the blasted veteran I am. He turned the tide. Day DID come again, the light shone once more... But... but, I awoke in a sea of shards! When I'd inquired of Hothmalor's treacherous messenger about Efer-nim, he'd invoked his strange gods and turned away, muttering about ghosts and curses! How is it that this strange hero, this wandering warrior, Yorrick, knows of Ancient Efer-nim's Time of Troubles--- so much so that he fights like... like Khur-kol the Demonsbane? Indeed, he called me 'captain' and I'd almost called him by that ancient name... DEAR DJAUWETY, WHY?!?

Neshi's eyes droop with strain and he closes them deliberately, intentionally opening himself up to his worries and his woes. He looks within his heart and found the Sunscarab--- and he is happy.

Having recommitted his inner peace, Neshi stands up and stretches. His eyes rove skyward, taking pleasure in the midnight breeze and the dancing of the stars. He smiles a lonely, yet contented smile.

Neshi walks over to where the mangled, bleeding form of Chuck Norris lies curled and asleep. He kneels by the hero and prays once more, asking for healing. He gently removes his hallowed talisman from his neck and with it, makes a wave offering over the sleeping warrior. "My lord, Horus-Re, I pray that thou grant thy grace and upon this valiant one, lay thy healing hand"

With that, a soft, golden glow suffuses the gnome's sleeping form and Neshi just knows in his heart that he has done the best he could to aid the valiant one. His heart wonders at the might that had driven the small man. How could he be so small and yet so swift and strong? He bore injuries that should have felled a buffalo--- and he bor them with an unflinching smile. Truly, the heights of valor have risen and the abysses of dishonor sunk while I slept in stone.

He wanders over to the sleeping sorcerer, Martin. Neshi looks his frail form over and marvels that such a frame could be the conduit of such power. Careful not to jangle his armor, he takes his dagger and scratches signs of warding around the slumbering mage. On his North, an Ankh, on his East, the Aton, on his South, the Falcon and on his West, the Barge--- these were the sigils that he signed araound and about, on soil and stone and wood.

Finally, he wanders over to the gaggle of gagged goblinoids. He checks their bonds and makes sure they are firmly bound.

Neshi heaves a sigh and bows down to the Moon, Djauwety’s throne. Silently, he begs forgiveness for the wickedness he is about to undertake.

His mind hearkens back to his time with the Scouts of Scorpion Company. They were the most feared and most treacherous of Efer-nim’s soldiery and they did not hesitate to use unscrupulous methods against their foes. Much in the way of wickedness I learned from them and I rue the day my father signed me up with that accursed lot! I was eventually transferred to the Amun Corps, Horakhe be praised, but I still remember how they tortured, how they asked, how they demanded, how they tormented and how they slew without mercy… Oh, how they slew… but no. It was not ‘they’ but ‘we’, for I was once a Scorpion… His hand drifts to the scorpion-shaped scar that had been branded into his left breast so many Floods ago…

But then, Neshi steels his resolve and draws his khopesh. With both sword and dagger, he hacks up the corpses of those who’d fallen in battle, despoils them with urine and spittle, and scatters head from body, limb from limb. He festoons the captives with their comrades’ intestines and then heaves a weary sigh after all his wicked work.

He takes off his armor but keeps his shield on as he settles into the bole of a tree, facing the captives, to make sure that he is in a perfect position to keep watch over them once the dawn comes. He wipes his blades on the grass and gives them a quick polish with a sleeve torn from one of the hobgoblin carcasses before he surrenders to the sentinel’s sin--- sleep…

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Neshi cast a Cure Moderate Wounds on Chuck (2d8+1)[7] and a Protection from Evil on Martin. Meh. Spells get renewed at dawn, anyway.

I’ll sleep now. G’night, y’all.
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2007-07-05 at 12:33 PM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oops forgot to roll for my cure light. It should be fine though are DM is probably waking up just now . (1d8+1)[8]
    i dont know the plus for the cure light but the caster had to at least be 1st level so i put a plus 1.

Spoiler
    Show
    characters

20. - Top - End - #200

ok nothing happens during the night. when you all wake up you go to check on the hobgoblins there trying to break out
    (1d20+1)[2]
    (1d20+1)[11]
    (1d20+1)[3]
    and they dont get close of doing so they all tire themself out
    stupid humans ill kill you wait till i get out ill kill you
    Last edited by de-trick; 2007-07-05 at 01:49 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

21. - Top - End - #201
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Earlier...

"Are you alright wizard?"

He tried to respond, Oh, I'm all right, but the thoughts remained in his head as the pain sharpened in his side. "Drink this, it will help sustain you." At that point, he couldn't refuse. He quaffed the bitter almondy cure light potion even faster than the sweet ale back at the tavern. Instantly he felt the soothing massage of positive energy lightly closing and healing his wounds.

My voice was quite loud when I yelled 'hobgoblins.' Where were Zimdo and Loge? I guess Daiy and Neshi will deal with them in the morning.

Martin ate his simple, breaded trail rations and almost wished for Neshi's snake. Almost.

He waved his hands and cleaned himself off with magic, doing the same to his sleeping grounds. Might as well.. He fell asleep, knowing that tomorrow would bring resolution to what happened tonight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cure light (1d8+1)[3]; Wimpy Martin was at 5/9. Still, I consider the last 10 HP to be much more "wound-causing" than the next 30.

Morning...

Martin hears the noise the hobgoblins are making and goes to check it out.

"What's going on---wha..."

Corpses mutilated. Hobgoblins frantically trying to escape, drenched with their allies' innards. Not a pleasant sight.

"Who? Who did this? Who could do this? Why?" Martin blurts out. He doesn't notice anything but the hobgoblins, staring at them for a good three seconds before he cannot take it. He stumbles back to camp, bewildered.

Maybe an evil creature came in the middle of the night and did it. Maybe that's how the hobgoblins are rewarded for failure by their superiors. But why didn't any of those attack us? Why do I deny what actually happened?
    Last edited by ByeLindgren; 2007-07-05 at 05:01 PM.

22. - Top - End - #202

DruidGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry Nexus.....sorry

Daiyanissa stood, frigid, frozen with anger, staring at the mutilated corpses of the fallen hobgoblins. Her eyes wide in disbelief, she looked to the hobs still tied up. She withdrew her greatsword and stormed towards the hobs tied up with the entrails of their fallen allies festooned around their heads. Furious, she reached out and carefully took the entrails in her hand and lifted it to look at. She growled and crushed them and looked around at her group. Her eyes went to chuck immediately, but then she remembered his leg was broken. Looking to Loge, seeing he was still asleep she went over and kicked him awake. "Get Up!" she yelled "Get over there! I need to speak to everyone. NOW"

She walked over to Neshi, and stopped cold. She saw the leftover smears of blood on him, and froze. 'It seems I know him even less then I thought..' She threw th entrails at his feet with a cry, "What the HELL is WRONG with you?!!? Why would you do those horrible things! THEY WERE ALREADY DEAD FOR F*** SAKES! We were going to deal with the survivors as WE ALL saw fit! Hanging intestines on the others was NOT called for." She sneered at him and turned away. She faced Loge, Martin, Chuck, Yorrick and now Neshi.

"This is Pathetic.... and don't think I've forgotten that you forsook your duty to us, to your group! You are lucky I haven't speared your heart with this sword you scum!" she screamed as she pointed her sword at his temple. "Who am I to trust within you? Martin, i apologize, what I am saying doesn't apply to you. You are a good man and I am happy to have fought with you. Yorrick, I have yet to get to know you, but I am honored to have fought with someone with such a respect for life. Even more then I. So I thank you." She sent him a soft smile, she was beginning to show her fatigue now. "I would also like to apologize for my behavior in that skirmish. Im not quite sure what came over me. I don't usually act like that," With that she looked over the group again, her eyes hardening at the sight of Neshi. "But you! Neshi, I am disappointed in myself more than anything. I have misjudged many things in my life, but I always prided in my Judgement of people. I apologize to the group for my serious error in judgement..." She sounded defeated, almost sad.

"Now, we should talk to them, find out all we can from that evil scum. What will we do when we are done with them? I think we should take them with us to show us where the base is." she sighed, turning away as her eyes were misting with upset and fatigue. "What do we want to know from them?"
    Last edited by Daiyanissa; 2007-07-05 at 10:04 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Dwarf in the Playground

Looking absoulutley fine chuck looks to the Neshi then to the bodies then to the palidin."So... what did i miss and how much did he drink? Can i have some? damn my leg hurts. umm i think its better after that bad tasting potion fixed the bones together. Well...... Can i have something to eat? im starving!! Standing up catiously he walks towards the palidin and says"So weres the one i killed- OH i see him! well can some one pass me a shovel? anybody? why are you all staring at me like that i said i would give him a warriors death and i .. was.. gunna bury him. Well does anyone have a shovel? By the way nice fighting everybody, i dont know what loge did but he musta been supporting us and wtching our backs or something thats why hes so tired. By the way i have no problem what Neshi did becuase he must have thought it traditional or had a really sick fetish or maybe is a insane raging cannibal but he fixed my leg and wounds so hes cool with me. Ooooh martin that was cool spells you cast there. I can cast some illusion spells myself! I can turn daiy's Hair purple or pink or give neshi pink eyebrows or change anything a different color and make noises that dont exist and can make a bunch of torches and i can speak with some animals that burrow in the ground!! Hey daiy wanna have purple hair? I can do it for free!! I can change anyones hair right now but only one person or i could make something different colors! Like a pink greatsword!!!!! Want one?
    Last edited by wingover gimble; 2007-07-05 at 10:51 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    characters

24. - Top - End - #204

DruidGirl

Daiy looked over at Chuck. "Well it's nice to see you up....and...up. Nows not the time to be bragging about magic tricks. I will bury them myself after i am finished with this group and those Hobs. Calm down for gods sakes, I am not in the mood." She glared at Neshi again."Sit down will you? I will take care of the burial after the current business is taken care of." she stated to Chuck without taking her eyes off of Neshi's.
    Last edited by Daiyanissa; 2007-07-05 at 11:21 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Martin turns to Neshi, his eyes showing a childlike sadness. Why?, his eyes ask pointedly, and Martin finds himself mumbling the same. "Why did you do it?"

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

((OOC: Ho, sir De-trick! Will that act give us Intimidation bonuses?))

A minute ago...

Neshi awoke with the paladin's enraged spittle spattering his face. His gut wrenched in guilt and his face flushed with shame at what he had done.

The morning breeze blew, the cool wind caressed his body as he heaved himself to his feet. He had thought that he was refereshed but the lashing that he was receicving from both conscience and Daiyanissa's tongue sapped his energy. If the wind kissed his form, upon the branded scar, it was a burning bite, a freezing stab, a heart-wrenching agony...

He stood up to her, sword in hand. Meeting her gaze, he said aloud, his teeth grating, "How couldst thou judge that which thou knowest not?" With that, he sheathed the sickle-sword.

But then, he drew his dagger swiftly and ran it across his palm. It bled freely. For a moment he held it in front of his eyes, then grabbed her hand and squeezed, letting even more blood run. Still holding her gaze, he whispered with quivering lips, "Thou hast mine blood and mine bond. Mine loyalty and mine life. Mine truth and mine tempest, thou hast in thine hand. I did NOT want to do it!"

He then strode past her, coldly remarking, "Methought thou'd call't a meeting?"

Presently...

His heart bleeds at every raging word but he seals up his soul-sorrow with stone. The muffled protests grow dimmer and softer 'til all that is left is a thumping on impregnable walls and a soft, soft weeping within the walls of his heart...

He turns on his heel, growling, "Chuck is right. It is a ttrrrrraaaadition..." With that last word, he spat vilely and hatefully, abhorring himself for what he had done.

He walks over to the gaggle of goblins and beats upon his chest, then hisses once more, baring the scar, the burned brand on his breast for all to see. “I was once one of the Scorpions’ Sokar’ri. Thou shalt speak else shalt thou suffer. Thou shalt serve us or shalt die most horribly”

His hand trembles near the hilt of his khopesh. He walks around his captives, searching for the one who fell last. “Thou art now the victims of the Ritual of Dread. Thy ancestors abhor thee for thy failure and thy craven strokes. Thy descendants be doomed upon thy account”

“Divulge where thy comrades are. Do ye have plans to attack the outskirts of Hothmalor? And how didst ye learn so well to speak the Common tongue of the lands of Men?” Neshi gulps but his hard grey eyes hold steady. His hand’s trembling stills. His heart beats beneath the sigil of the Scorpion. And the branded scar burns all the hotter and all the deeper through his tormented soul.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Please, please, please, somebody help me with this Intimidation. (1d20+6)[20]

OOC: please, everyone, forgive me for this behavior most unbecoming of a gentleman.

Summon exposition! The Scorpion Scouts were an elite unit of Efer-nim that dealt blows in the shadows, doing that which no virtuous soldier of the Amun, and the Atun’nar could do without forever scarring their conscience. Neshi was drafted into the Scorpions because of his family’s orders but was promptly transferred to the Amun (of which Khur-kol/Yorrick was veteran) because he did not have the stomach for it. That doesn’t mean, however, that he did not learn anything from his stay there.
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2007-08-31 at 12:30 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207

(occ you get a +4 to intimadate)

(1d20-1)[13]

they say that they learned common from a former slave

no just scouting making sure are home is safe
    Last edited by de-trick; 2007-07-06 at 02:34 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC NOTES: Ok, then, thank you, chief. That brings my Intimidate score to 22, right?

Ho, folks. Anyone want to help with a patch of Sense Motive?

The morning sunlight spears down from the canopy, scintillating on the raised khopesh. Neshi's features, shadowed dark and grim, contort imperceptibly as the hobgoblin's answer hits him and stings his soul like a scorpion's venom.

WHAT?!? This isn't right you damned fool! Cease thy folly! Repent or perish! Lo, Neshi, lo! Thou damnest thyself as thou dost thy blade raise against innocents! Innocents who merely sought to protect their home! You are the invaders here, you are the oppressors! You arise in might and assail their lands--- what virtuous avenger would not resort to guile in order to fight the menace that thee and thy oh-so-honorable companions pose to them!

His conscience screams at him. His sword wavers. His teeth grind together in indecision. His brow lowers and his eyes dilate with shame and rage and fear.

"What surety do we have that what ye say is true?" Neshi hisses, then moves forward, his sword plunging. At the last moment, he spins and hits the Mosid's throat with the blunt, hooked side of the khopesh, leaving him gagging. He kneels beside his victim, the khopesh's hook pinning his neck to the ground.

"I spill none of thy blod for thou hast answered well. Answer well once more, and I might thy wretched life spare: WHAT SURETY DO WE HAVE THAT TRUTH THOU TELLEST?" He roared, spittle flying. "Where by thy kin, thy home? Be this home a fortress of stone with dungeon dark and deep... or be it merely a Mosid'ar dwelling-cavern, with thy kith but hunting and gathering?"

DON'T DO IT! DAMN YOU, NESHI, DON'T DO IT! And then, a stroke of wicked inspiration struck Neshi and he drew his dagger once more and placed its edge along the neck of another hobgoblin. He asked once more, "Hast thou any plans for war and pillage upon any folk who the good air breathe?"

But suddenly, something else clicks in his mind... If true 'tis that no war or pillage or rape or murder these Masaw-mosid intend, then we are in the wrong... Aye, we shall have to atone... maybe even submit ourselves to slavery for them--- and doubly so for me, khavolaar, defiler. But, but--- was it not Councilor Vanridge who pointed us North, to the caves of the hobgoblins? Was it not he who said, "there is a rumor that they plan to attack the farm outskirts"? Hellsteeth! RUMOR! Mayhap I was right not to trust the man in the first place for he dreams of threats that are not there...

Neshi shakes his blades, drawing jagged lines of blood across the necks of both hobgoblins but still restraining himself from delivering more than a flesh wound and roars, "ANSWER!"

29. - Top - End - #209

DruidGirl

(OOC: sorry for the short post guys! im going off to work! be back way later)

Daiy walks over and kneels beside Neshi, she places her gauntleted hand over his on the Kopesh. She was still pissed, so she pushed his sword away from the goblins throat. She glared at him with a cold, hard look and faced the goblin that was questioned.

"Now," She took a deep breath, "I need some questions answered, answer them truthfully and you will not be harmed again. I will hold this fool back even. But should you dare to lie to me, i will do things much much worse than he could ever imagine. So what will it be?" she looked it right in the eyes, challenging.

Intimidate
    20 + 6 = 26
    http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1137910

Sense motive
    18 + 5 = 23
    http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1137905

"I promise not to harm you if you truthfully tell me what you were doing
    "
    Last edited by Daiyanissa; 2007-07-06 at 08:34 AM.

30. - Top - End - #210

Protecting my home from you
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO