Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 898

Thread: lich ruler

  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: lich ruler

    Martin walks up during the interrogation, not daring to look into the eyes of the hobgoblins. He asks Daiy, "What of their connection to Malindor? If they're not in favor of his reign, there is no reason for us to linger here."

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    de-trick's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    where dreams are made
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: lich ruler

    Who's malindor?
    Spoiler
    Show

    sig by Bitzeralisis

    Old Avatar by Simius

    new Avatar by Qwernt


    Tiger Paladin of HALO

  3. - Top - End - #213
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hockeyville! Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: lich ruler

    Quote Originally Posted by de-trick View Post
    Protecting my home from you
    "Ok, why were you out looking for us? What gave you the idea that we were going to hurt you? What gave you the idea that you needed protecting from us?" She asked sympathetically

    diplomacy
    13+5=18
    http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1138847

    sense motive
    18+5=23
    http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1138850

    "Answer their questions as well"

  4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    de-trick's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    where dreams are made
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: lich ruler

    well wearing full plate and having big swords and heading toward the cave might be a dead give way
    Spoiler
    Show

    sig by Bitzeralisis

    Old Avatar by Simius

    new Avatar by Qwernt


    Tiger Paladin of HALO

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hockeyville! Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: lich ruler

    "We were sent here to inquire as to a rumor that has been circling our city. We have heard that your community was planning an attack in our fair city. Is this true? What have you been planning?" She withdrew her dagger and started to balance the tip on her finger with skill that no one knew she possessed. With a smile she flipped it into the air and caught the handle and pointed it to her throat, and made a slashing motion. "So...you were saying?"
    Last edited by Daiyanissa; 2007-07-06 at 06:04 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    de-trick's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    where dreams are made
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: lich ruler

    all i know my master is making us train extra hard
    Spoiler
    Show

    sig by Bitzeralisis

    Old Avatar by Simius

    new Avatar by Qwernt


    Tiger Paladin of HALO

  7. - Top - End - #217
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hockeyville! Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: lich ruler

    "Well I think that that answered any other questions we may have. Where is your base? I just wish to talk to your leader to see if we can prevent some bloodshed. If you act aggresive towards me, I shall have to retaliate, I hope you know. I also want you to know that I want to avoid any unnessesary killing. So if we can go to TALK, I would appreciate it."
    She looked at Neshi pointedly, indicating that there was a way of interrogating that didn't involve making scars or causing blood on her sword.

    Diplomacy ((OOC: DAMN! I keep rolling 18's! I hope this luck keeps up....))
    18+5=23
    http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1139267

    She motions Martin over to her and whispers, "Could you please go check those bodies for anything that could be used against us? And then get Yorrick to help you start digging a grave. Thanks."

    "So.. about your community. Where could we go to speak to your Commander? With peacekeeping in mind of course." She continued

  8. - Top - End - #218
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: lich ruler

    Martin nods silently and searches the bodies.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Search: (1d20+1)[14]

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    de-trick's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    where dreams are made
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: lich ruler

    Down the path after you get through the forest turn East.
    Martin only
    Spoiler
    Show
    7 longswords, 7 suits of studded leather, 12 javelins, 70 platinum, some very nice looking slippers, and nice gloves
    Last edited by de-trick; 2007-07-06 at 09:49 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    sig by Bitzeralisis

    Old Avatar by Simius

    new Avatar by Qwernt


    Tiger Paladin of HALO

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    wingover gimble's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dauphin,MB,Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: lich ruler

    Chuck looking surprised by neshi's sudden rage and starting to think that he is a insane raging cannibal starts to clean up camp. Continously saying "im right im right oh yeah im right. yesi know im great! you know why? becuase im right! after cleaning up the majority of it done he just gives up and starts to see wha tthe hobgoblins are says and says ,"Damn neshi you really know how to make a mess. Why do you desicrate the bodies? did they do something wrong?They fought sort of honerably(about as muchasi would)
    "Ok so what did you get to hit?" "I rolled a 1 again..." "That is your sixth one!!" "It's not me it's the sword, it's a cursed magic item!!"

    [Image removed - too large]
    Spoiler
    Show
    characters
    Chuck norris: Lich ruler
    Jack bee quick: Erunia

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: lich ruler

    What are a bunch of hobgoblins doing with nice gloves and slippers? Or all this platinum, for that matter... I should notify Daiy about this. Martin piles the war equipment up near camp and pockets the money, gloves and slippers. "I found seven swords, seven sets of armor and twelve javelins." Martin gestures towards the pile at camp. Then, he whispers to Daiy, "I also found some things which are more of a curiosity than a threat. They had a good amount of platinum to go with a nice pair of slippers and gloves. Those are with me. Should I leave them with you and dig the grave now?"
    Last edited by ByeLindgren; 2007-07-06 at 11:52 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    wingover gimble's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dauphin,MB,Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: lich ruler

    chuck rushes over to see whats so interesting since the carnage has seemed to have gotten boring and not wanting to be eaten by neshi. "Hey whatda get? ooh that sounds nice! how'd they get that! Wanna have some help with them graves becuase im a pretty hardy guy if i do say so myself. Who needs to use swords these days god. You know what i should teach you how to defend yourself. Would you want to learn that? The gnome looks seriously at martin with a hint of questioning in his eyes.

    Then he looks to the palidin and says,"Want some help in being the leader? I know its a big burden adn many people fall from the wieght. I wouldnt recognize myself as a leader but yet you seem to neeed some help when you are dealing with the fellow party members. Yelling at them doesnt solve anything but more anger and hate and sorrow. You need some more people skills like how neshi needs some therapy lessons or i could teach him how to deal with the dead if you want? Want me too, NO OFFENSE NESHI! Chuck says a little bit more loudly so neshi can hear but not shouting. then faces the martin and daiy.
    "Ok so what did you get to hit?" "I rolled a 1 again..." "That is your sixth one!!" "It's not me it's the sword, it's a cursed magic item!!"

    [Image removed - too large]
    Spoiler
    Show
    characters
    Chuck norris: Lich ruler
    Jack bee quick: Erunia

  13. - Top - End - #223
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hockeyville! Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: lich ruler

    Spoiler
    Show
    Where the hell is Zimbo and Loge?


    Quote Originally Posted by ByeLindgren View Post
    "Should I leave them with you and dig the grave now?"
    Daiy was more then a little shocked, "Yes Martin. That will be fine. Leave that with me. I'll think of what to do, and discuss it with you after. Don't tell the others about the platinum and gloves and slippers yet. I have a few questions that I will need to ask you in private after." she looked back to the goblins and said aloud to Martin, "And Martin? Thanks"

    "People Skills?" Listening to Chuck insult her Leadership skills and her way of dealing with Carnage and injustice to the dead set her off. She took a deep breath before answering him, "Well, you see, when I go to take a few minutes to attend to the horses, and I come back to see INTESTINES wrapped around tied up HOSTAGES heads, I tend to get a little cranky. I will deal with this as I see fit. So sure, you can take some leadership, go get the horses ready. They are YOUR responsibility now, so as I can give my FULL attention to the activities going on in this group. I have the graves taken care of. Go get them ready, we leave in an hour."

    ((OOC: I am assuming that the goblins that are tied up still have their armor? If not the armor is given back to them. not the weapons though.))

    Silent for a few moments, She yelled out to Yorrick, calling him over. "Yorrick, I understand that you must be tired, but could I get you to help Martin dig those graves? I am betting you will help speed up the process. And afterwards, get Martin to help you split up the armor, swords, and javelins? Whatever we don't need will be put into the cart for someone who does need it. Waste not, want not i was always taught." She looked at Neshi, and sighed. "I guess that leaves you to help me take these hobs and get them into the cart. Try not to kill them while you're at it, will you?" She added sarcastically.

    Before they went to move the hobgobs, she held up a hand to Neshi, "Give me a moment alone with them, if you please." She waited until he finished giving her a hurt look and turned back to the HGBs, "I apologize, but I cannot give you back your weapons. We must still be wary as I do not know if you are telling me the truth. You will not be harmed, and we will take you back to your community in the back of the cart. You will be kept comfortable, but please understand that I cannot let you free as of yet. You did attack us in the middle of the night, and as far as I know, you still have Evil intentions. So do not try to get free, I WILL catch you. Torm forgive me.." She sighed and motioned Neshi to come back and help her get the HGBs into the cart. After that chore was finished, she turned to Neshi, "Thank you for your assistance. I still cannot understand why you did what you did, or know if I can forgive you. It makes me feel so angry at the injustice of it. I realize that they are not like us, they revere different gods, and their methods of doing things are what I consider Evil. But they are still creatures of the gods. So we must give them some respect, even if they do not return it to us." She sighed again, her eyes showing the fatigue of the night and morning catching up to her, she took her forearm and wiped them of light mist they were ready to shed and Looked up to the sky bravely, thinking, 'I will continue on. My duty is such. Loyal fury, bless my group and myself for what we are about to embark on. There is evil nigh, although im not quite sure who is the monster here. The Hobgoblins, or the Council...'.

    "Neshi, could you finish taking care of camp clean up whilst I go talk to Martin & Yorrick? Thanks. Be ready in an hour.". She took her hand and rested it on her cheek for a moment, and walked over to Martin and Yorrick finishing up the grave for the fallen HGBs.

    "Fine work men! Yorrick, im sure you can finish this up nicely on your own. I need to discuss something with Martin." She said as she lead Martin away to the secluded area by the trees, assured that there was no one around to listen in on them, she sat him down on a log and rested beside him. "I need an answer Martin, and I need it quickly before the group gets suspicious. I need to identify if these gloves or slippers are magic. Can you do that? And can you identify their properties? If they are such we will need to discuss them with the group, but i need you to be quiet about it for a while, while I think of how to approach the subject with them all, without them letting their greed take over. So can you help me?" She pleaded, her blue eyes large and haunted, looking right into his soul, "Please?"
    Last edited by Daiyanissa; 2007-07-07 at 01:46 AM.

  14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: lich ruler

    Magic gloves and slippers! I should have thought of that.

    "Of course, I'll help as much as I can. I merely didn't have the mind to come up with the idea before."

    As quietly as possible, Martin casts Detect Magic and examines the gloves and slippers.

    Spoiler
    Show
    With this, Martin automatically gets to know the strength of each and any magical aura within my area of vision (except those beyond 60').

    On the third round of examination, Martin gets two Spellcraft checks to determine the school and/or type of magic involved, if there is any. For example, the completely fake item Gloves of Use-Activated Meteor Swarm would have a strong aura, and if Martin succeeds in the check, they would read as magic from the school of Evocation. See the spell description to assign DCs. Of course, this is all moot if the items are not magical:

    Spellcraft for Slippers: (1d20+6)[26]
    Spellcraft for Gloves: (1d20+6)[25]

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    de-trick's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    where dreams are made
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: lich ruler

    Martin
    Spoiler
    Show

    gloves moderate(gloves of dex+2)
    slippers faint(Slippers of spider climbing)
    Spoiler
    Show

    sig by Bitzeralisis

    Old Avatar by Simius

    new Avatar by Qwernt


    Tiger Paladin of HALO

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: lich ruler

    Martin gives this information to Daiy.

    "All of these could be quite useful to a number of groupmembers, so who gets them?"

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hockeyville! Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: lich ruler

    Daiy smiles as she takes the items and puts them back into her pouch. "Let's let them decide shall we?" She grinned as she stood up and headed back to the camp, "Come on, You are going to want these gloves, but we need to discuss with the group"

    She clears her throat and calls everyone over to her, beckoning them to hurry.

    "Alright group! It seems that we have come into some good fortune. We now have in our possession, Slippers of spider climbing, and Gloves of Dexterity +2. Now what I would like is for Chuck to step forward, and Martin to step forward. Please keep in mind that if you recieve the gloves, you will forfeit the slippers. Chuck, Martin, Upon observing you (reading your character sheets and Comparing AC. C=16, M=13)I have decided that Martin should have these gloves, Im sorry chuck, he needed them just a little bit more that you did. If anyone objects to this speak now." She gives an encouraging smile to them and hands the gloves to Martin.

    After that goes on she brings out the slippers, "Ok folks, now for the slippers. Again, anyone who thinks that they should be the ones to receive them step forward and give a reason why. There is also 70 platinum that we shall either give back to the goblins, or hold on to incase the party needs something. I will hold on to it. So, who wants the slippers??" She looks over the party, happy to give them such a treat. "Come on, don't be shy"
    Last edited by Daiyanissa; 2007-07-07 at 11:26 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #228
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    de-trick's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    where dreams are made
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: lich ruler

    OK the 2 guys that never posted are out, sorry if they were on vacation or something like that but there out. Know we have a paladin Daiy, sorcerer ByeLindgren, fighter Methalor, cleric/fighter nexus, Martial artist Wingover.)
    Spoiler
    Show

    sig by Bitzeralisis

    Old Avatar by Simius

    new Avatar by Qwernt


    Tiger Paladin of HALO

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stormwracked verdant hive

    Default Re: lich ruler

    Previously...

    Spoiler
    Show
    If it is at all possible, Neshi's face paled. For an ageless minute, he but stood, stunned by the revelation of the masaw's innocence. His jaw hung ajar and flies, sensing decay within him, swarmed around eagerly.

    He made no move to brush them away or swat them down. As slowly and as restrainedly as his weary bones allowed, he bowed down to the hobgoblins whom he'd wronged. Prostrating himself again and again, he ensured that this was but the first phase of his debasement and says to them, "I have sinned against thee. If thou wilt have me when all is done, let me be thy lowest slave that I may make restitution"

    Getting up, he secures his shield to his back and sheathes his much-stained khopesh. He sniffed the air, seeking the telltale whiffs of any water nearby but to no avail--- the dread scents blood and rot overwhelmed all other smells with sick glee.

    He heard the order from Daiyanissa and obeyed blindly, lugging the captives over and placing them carefully onto the bed of the cart. His eyes were dull with grief and blinded with tears as he but half-listened to her speech for his heart and mind were set on other things: repentance and the question of atonement.

    He wandered over to the mass grave for the fallen that Yorrick and Martin were digging. He glared at them and said, “This be a task for a defiler, a criminal condemned… this be a task for a slave” He snarled at them and pushed them away. “Move! Get out of my way! This be no task for a noble mage or a heroic warrior like thee!”

    With that, he got down on all fours and kissed the ground, softly praying. As he finished his chant, he dragged his hands across the soil, fingers scoring shallow furrows in the brown ground. He repeated the pawing again and again. Neshi dug like a dog and whined like a jackal at every bruise and at every laceration from digging with his bare hands.

    Neshi let loose a primal yell as the sweat dripping off his forehead and shoulders moistened the ground before him. He then set to with renewed vigor and zeal, dirt and rocks and blood exploded from beneath his bent-over form in a constant stream. Before long, he crawled out of a three-cubit-deep pit, covered in dirt and blood. He nodded to the dumbfounded Yorrick and Martin, turning over the nigh-completed grave to them with many whispers of “Anubis forgive me, Osiris have mercy…”

    Wearily, he crawled out of the grave, blundered over to the cart, and asked one of the hobgoblins where the nearest body of water was. The masaw’s face was a twisted mask of disbelief at what Neshi had done as he jerked with his chin at somewhere West of the camp.

    Neshi prostrated himself before the hobgoblin in token of thanks and turned to his companions, saying aloud but with a voice seemingly detached and hollow, “I go to cleanse myself and pray. Of all of ye I beg and beseech, may none me follow for my demons are my own to bear!”

    The last clause was exclaimed in a hoarse voice with vacant, bloodshot eyes. In them was an inner rage more fierce than fire yet quelled with… was it guilt or fear… or suffering of the soul more deep than confession’s plumb can reach?

    He blundered through the woods and murmured praise to the gods when he found a small babbling brook. Looking around, he was delighted to see outcrops of large rocks nearby.

    Neshi turned and scanned his surroundings furtively, hoping that indeed, nobody had followed. His tears running freely, he sobbed as he stripped off his Northern clothing and shivered in the cold, cold breeze.

    He knelt down beside the brook and took a pair of rocks. With these, he tried his utmost to wash and scrub away the dirt and blood from clothing that he had not bought with his own sweat. Tried, and mostly failed.

    His heart’s dam breaking, he flung away the rocks and the clothes and heaved a roar to the highest heavens. “NYYYAAARGH! Why? Why did I succumb to temptation?”

    He got up and slammed his fist against a boulder, not minding the pain, even relishing it as a purging of his sin. “HORUS! The Scorpion was dead within me! Dead!”

    Pacing along the riverbank, he continued in his tirade, “I repented then. AS I DO NOW! I… I WAS a Scorpion. But an Amun at heart. I couldn’t stand the Scout’s dishonorable ways… they, they were the Nomarch’s evil claws… but then… is not Evil necessary for Good to be defined?”

    He then paused, one foot in the water. “But Evil needs Good for it to flourish. But… why? Yes, dear Djauwety, yes! The Balance! But for the Balance to be maintained, sacrifice is in order…”

    “The Balance…” Neshi muttered through gritted teeth. “…sacrifice”

    He fell to his knees. “Anubis, and Ankhutar, forgive me” he prayed as he splashed into the water, marring the spring’s clarity with his blood and grime. With a suddenness born of desperation, he drew his dagger and plunged its edge into his chest.

    He dragged it across his branded breast, across the sinful Scorpion’s scar. He withdrew the blade and stabbed it back into its sheath. With his right hand he grasped the flap of flensed flesh and ripped that part of his skin off.

    (OOC explanation: He skinned himself to remove the scar of the Scorpion)

    With nary a flinch, he hurled it far away and screamed, “NEVER COME BACK! Skqetor, son of Seth, scion of Apepi, I renounce you! In the holy name of Horus-Re, Lord of Virtue and Vengeance and Falcon-King, I renounce you! From the abyss and ravine of my heart, O Scorpion, I renounce your evil!”

    He slumped down, drained of grief, drained of sin, drained of guilt… but also drained of voice. He wearily lifted his head and saw in the spring’s clear water, a vague reflection of some fair face. He felt himself revitalized and reinvigorated. Neshi’s heart sang with joy after his purging and made the Sign of the Falcon as he felt divine power course through his being once more, empowering him.

    That was when he heard Daiyanissa’s voice calling for conference. His heart leapt and caught in his throat. Dereliction of duty! You left oyur post, you damned laggard!



    Presently…

    Neshi sprints through the forest, arriving just in time to see the paladin distributing the plunder. He skids to a halt and gasps for breath.

    The… *huff-pant-huff*… mosid’ar were carrying all that money on them? Surely they were not merely scouts for scouts have no need of money! Money tempts and scouts have little need for temptation!” he blurts out.

    Then, recovering from his sprint, he sees something wrong with the group. Two are missing: the mage Zimdo and the rogue Loge. His face aghast, Neshi exclaims, “Treachery! Our one-time companions have fled the field like craven curs! A thousand spitting camels defecate upon their tents! What treachery!”


    ((OOC:Dialogue to be colored tomorrow))
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2007-08-31 at 12:40 PM.
    ~~>DAEMONICA ELECTRONICA.
    Severe technical difficulties. Sorry for inconvenience.


    OOC Ratcatchers: Iiiiiiiiinves-ti-gate! Good times, come on! Investiiiii-gation!
    OOC Finding Paths and Making Kings: STANDOFF AT BOKKEN"S HUT.
    OOC Curse of the Crimson Throne Bandits incoming at 12-o-clock and 9-o-clock.

  20. - Top - End - #230
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    de-trick's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    where dreams are made
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: lich ruler

    After you finish sorting up the slippers and that you hed down the path Till you hit the forest you can here all sorts of animal sounds from wolfs to squirrels.Then you here a big crash left of you but far away.
    Spoiler
    Show

    sig by Bitzeralisis

    Old Avatar by Simius

    new Avatar by Qwernt


    Tiger Paladin of HALO

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: lich ruler

    After all the events which have transpired, Martin's bad feelings are now combining with a pit of nervousness in his stomach.

    "Something is wrong... Maybe we should turn back, or away from that noise, at least."

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hockeyville! Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: lich ruler

    ((Since there was no-one wanting the slippers, Daiy put them in her pouch for later.))

    "I want to find out what's going on. Stay back here, I will go up and check it out. if I need help, i will blow my whistle"

    Daiy follows the sounds

    Move silently
    20
    http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1140755

    Listen
    18 + 5 = 23
    http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1140756

    Spot
    15 + 5 = 20
    http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1140757

    Detect evil

    'i wonder what is happening?'

  23. - Top - End - #233
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    de-trick's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    where dreams are made
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: lich ruler

    you move across the edge of the forest and when you are halfway through when you see 2 ogres lumberjacking
    Spoiler
    Show

    sig by Bitzeralisis

    Old Avatar by Simius

    new Avatar by Qwernt


    Tiger Paladin of HALO

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hockeyville! Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: lich ruler

    do they look dangerous? Evil? More information?

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    de-trick's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    where dreams are made
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: lich ruler

    well there holding big axes and chopping down trees in one hit. And there evil
    Spoiler
    Show

    sig by Bitzeralisis

    Old Avatar by Simius

    new Avatar by Qwernt


    Tiger Paladin of HALO

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stormwracked verdant hive

    Default Re: lich ruler

    Neshi holds up one fist, signalling the others to halt. "Troop, halt. Hold position and await recon report"

    He looks back and scans the group, looking for any undue signs of stress or fatigue. On the hobgoblins, whom he now considers lying brigands rather than honorable soldiers, he spits and renounces his oaths of restitution.

    Back and forth he paces, his black brow furrowed in worry for the missing paladin. Ever and anon, he gazes forth into the dark woodlands drear, shuddering at the crashing sounds and straining his ears for any sign of her whistle--- be it of bone or of steel.

    Finding that he had churned up the path, he stops and sits on the edge of the wagon, resting. There, he adjusts and re-fastens the buckles of his armor.

    He then stands again and continues his pacing. Along the way, he stoops and gathers a handful of heavy stones which he places in his pouch. One of them, however, he loads into the tongue of his sling. Twirling it idly, he awaits Daiyanissa's return, a sickly premonition telling him of some unfathomed danger.
    ~~>DAEMONICA ELECTRONICA.
    Severe technical difficulties. Sorry for inconvenience.


    OOC Ratcatchers: Iiiiiiiiinves-ti-gate! Good times, come on! Investiiiii-gation!
    OOC Finding Paths and Making Kings: STANDOFF AT BOKKEN"S HUT.
    OOC Curse of the Crimson Throne Bandits incoming at 12-o-clock and 9-o-clock.

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hockeyville! Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: lich ruler

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry about the drama, but it needed to happen for the subplot. We will get to ogre smashing soon enough


    She nods to herself as she quietly makes her way back to the party. Not noticed yet, she stands at the tree line, studying them. She discovered signs of worry on their faces, especially that of Neshi. Her heart missed a beat as she saw the lines of upset trailing around his mouth, set in a growl. She didn't want to be mad at him, the Paladin in her furies at the injustice, but she also understood that these hobgoblins were not good. They were, in fact, evil. And the injustice of that irked her as well. She was caught between a rock and a hard place. she knew they were lying about something. But what?

    Looking closer at Neshi she allowed herself to admire his strong chin, his gray eyes that spoke of wisdom and strength, and his commitment to good. Her eyes dropped down to his shoulders, so capable, and his chest. His chest, so wide and proud.

    'Why don't you approach him? I know you want to get closer then this' The deep voice asked, her confidence evident to Daiy. 'You KNOW it, don't fight me, not on this. You feel more than a mortal should, your soul has much inner strength. But if you continue to fight me I will destroy you.'

    Daiy blinked at that, '..Destroy? How can you destroy me? You are but a voice, a voice in my head that does nothing to me but distract me. Begone!'

    She looked around to see if anyone was speaking, playing a trick on her. A moment later, her eyes widened in shock, pain bolting through her chest. She felt as if her very soul was being ripped apart by horses running in different directions. She looked around to see if she could find help, and saw Neshi sitting on the cart. She tried to yell to get his attention, but she lost her breath. She tried to inhale again but she couldn't, she couldn't breathe! She slowly fell to the ground, grabbing at her chest, looking for that infernal whistle that she brought with her, trying to feel the ground for the familiar wooden texture. Her face was deathly pale, no color present, as she rested her hand on her whistle...

    'Do not cross me. I control you, and your actions. You WILL listen to me, and you will confront these emotions you now feel! Feel as I slowly take your life away from you, tearing what shattered remains of your soul is left as I take over what used to be you. My plans WILL NOT be interfered with!' She squeezed Daiy's throat to make her point, and then let go, disappearing into the depths of her soul.

    Daiy, gasping desparately, trying to fill her lungs with the sweet, fragrant air of the forest, lifted her whistle to her lips as her consciousness threatened to fade, and blew as hard as she could. Making only a faint high pitched sound, that could barely make the distance of 20 feet to where Neshi sat. Her eyes were glossed over with tears, falling freely down her cheeks as she leaned against the tree, coughing blood and trying to catch her breath unsuccessfully.

    'Relax Daiy, calm yourself, let yourself breathe..' She tried to concentrate on calming herself, able to inhale a small bit while coughing her lifeblood. "Torm, My Loyal Fury.....Take..me.....please.." she whisped between ragged breaths and coughs. "Take me.."

  28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stormwracked verdant hive

    Default Re: lich ruler

    "SEVENTY-SEVEN SUFFERING SERPENTS!" Neshi swears as Daiyanissa emerges from the foliage, trailing blood and desperately gasping for breath.

    He thrusts his sling into his belt and runs pell-mell for his fellow templar, fallen. Loam and dried leaves scatter as he skids to a halt and kneels before her, cradling her head. Gathering himself, he shouts to his companions, "Daiyanissa is gravely injured! Yorrick! On point! Establish a perimeter and keep watch while I attempt to purge her system. Martin! Prepare any battle spells you have, I sense that whoever did this to her may still be nearby. Chuck! Guard the prisoners,"

    He opens the eyes of his spirit and recoils at the devastation of Daiyanissa's being--- not merely her body but also her soul... He rips his khopesh free and draws some blood from both his palm and hers. Neshi belatedly realizes that what he is about to do may shock his Northern comrades and so he looks back at them, giving voice to a warning, "Stay ye back! Beware, for the power I am about to unleash upon the evil entity within her shall seem strange to thine eyes!"

    He lifts it to the Sun, to Horus-Re, asking for his blessing. The blade scintillates in the air, and the joined blood glistens on its edge.

    As swiftly as possible, he sketches the Sign of the Falcon with the tip of the bloody blade on the ground around her. ((Neshi casts Protection from Evil))Daiyanissa's body writhes within the sanctified sigil, bloody froth at her mouth.

    When her struggles become too wild, he pounces upon her, straddling her torso and bodily holding her down to prevent her from breaking the sacred seal. Neshi winces as the mindless flailing of her fists pummel him repeatedly and her greaved knees batter his legs to a bruised mass.

    He brings forth his sling and with that piece of leather, quickly ties her hands to a protruding tree root. Nevertheless, he is still hard pressed to maintain his mount over her for her bucking does not cease.

    Desperate to maintain control and to purge the evil influence that had come upon her, he stabs his sword into the ground and draws his dagger. With its smaller blade, he manages to slash the straps of her helmet off.

    Neshi barely dodges the flying helm as she butts her head forward. A sea of scarlet hair billows forth, seductively beautiful but within that luscious haze glare a pair of eyes--- once azure blue, but now, solid orbs of blood-red hue.

    She gnashes and snaps suddenly-feral teeth. They bite into Neshi's forearm, tearing off a chunk of dark-skinned flesh. As she chews and swallows, she growls something horrible and unfathomable in the language of the Abyss, "R'gaz yTrejd JaKra OIGjndGff drgkhu ng kiurnth THYGerbtgB hjTjg FHSt jyuGKF jyh hjgJTL LgE$o:$i j fgUKY4BGK43!"

    "NYAAARRGH!" Neshi screams in pain and righteous rage, "That's it, 'tis enough sass I've had from thee, foul abomination!"

    With that, he tears his holy symbol from his neck and with speed and strength born of desperation, he ties it around Daiyanissa's fair neck. With his left hand he holds the two hallowed talismans together, that of Horus-Re, Lord of Virtue and Vengeance and that of Torm the True Loyal Fury. His right hand he holds high in supplication to the heavens.

    His eyes roll back into his sockets as he enters a trance. Neshi prays aloud, "TORM! Where now be thy vaunted loyalty? Where be thy fabled fury? HORUS, milord! I beseech thee! Come and aid us in our hour of need! I beseech thee! Shine thy holy light and burn away these foul shadows! Free from a curse most vile this innocent templar of the Light! Free her from her chains of shadow, she whom we hold dear! In thy hallowed name we praaa... ARRRGGGH!"

    Suddenly, his prayer is cut off. He feels burning claws slash across his face, along the lines of his old scar from the Ravine, easily shearing through the bronze of his helmet.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Neshi opens his eyes to find himself in an utter void bereft of all sound but for his own, bereft of all light but for those shining from the holy symbols in his left hand. He looks down but does not see his patient.

    HRRR-GRRRROOWWWLL...

    He hears the tread of massive cat paws and hears the growl of the lionness--- that dreaded scourge of the savannah. He whirls around, bereft of shield, bereft of sword. Bedraggled, he stands, armed only with a dagger.

    The shadows swirl and then part... disgorging a form most fair and most foul indeed. A firestorm of red hair swirls down to her waist. Skin alabaster-fair shines from beneath a scarlet gown. Curves that would lull any man to passionate lust temptingly sway at Neshi. Solid red eyes lock onto his own and a voice speaks forth, the voice of water in the sand, "Well met, beloved. Hast thou not missed me? Wilt thou not kiss me?"

    Neshi's grip wavers and the point of his blade quivers. "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH HER?!?"

    She caresses his face right along the lines of his old scars, sustained in the battle in the ravine, oh so long ago with long, seemingly delicate talons. "Oh, but that which should have... NOOO! Let me out! Unhand me, thou fiend!"

    "We are quite feisty... Neshi! Ruuunn! are we not?" She remarks, and grins, and beckons Neshi forward but he does not budge an inch.

    "Did not your Tol Sokar'ri tell you that it was I who taught the ...NOOOO!... Scorpions their beautiful, bloody art?" She snaps her fingers and Neshi's form reverts to its full glory, draped in the gore of the desecrated dead.

    Neshi's face is aghast but firm. He lunges at her with the puny blade of his dagger and by a miracle, it plunges straight through her black heart. Alas, it seems his valor is in vain for the wound does not bleed nor is she hurt at all.

    She laughs and a thousand fires rumble. "THOU MORTAL FOOL! THINKEST THOU THAT YE CANST BLEED ME? I AM SEKHMET, QUEEN OF CHAOS!"

    "If thou thinkest thou art so much, come take me then! My faith will protect me!" Neshi retorts, and lo! His flesh is cleansed and so is his soul. "I know that thou art still there, milady Ankhutar. Hold thou steady, for day shall come again"

    Neshi does not flinch as she launches herself at him, a maelstrom of muscle, a fireball of fury. The blows and strikes of the darkness wither against his shield of faith. He spins the twin holy amulets and smites her with them like a flail.

    Her cheek burns and a welt, a scar is raised in the form of a falcon upon a sunburst grasped by a right gauntlet. She writhes away, smoking, sizzling in holy pain. "Feel the loving wrath of Re, thou misbegotten knave!" Neshi shouts as the darkness of the void fades back into the verdance of the forest. Love and faith conquer all


    "...in thy hallowed name we pray, O Horus-Re" Neshi continues the prayer as he had left it and then ends the exorcism with the final words of, "SO MOTE IT BE!"

    Neshi slumps back to earth and, with what divine sight he had left, he delightedly discerns that the evil influence had left Daiyanissa's body. His hand brushed her cheek... to find it cold to the touch. His eyes widen in shock and horror.

    He practically shoves his copper vambrace up against her nostrils, seeking the telltale mist of one who breathes. Alas, there is none.

    Desperate, he slashes away the bindings of her armor, her breastplate and clenches both fists over her chest and begins to pound down rhythmically. He gently opens her mouth and breathes in repeatedly. "BREATHE! Daiy, don't you dare die on me! Breathe, damnit, breathe!"

    "Isis, Mother of Healing, Mother of Horakhe, help me! Horus! Beat thy wings of salvation, milord, please, I beg of thee!" He sobs, then pounds at her chest again. Once more he breathes into her mouth and tastes only death.

    Again and again, he goes through the motions of the Serpent's Salvation but no response comes from Daiyanissa's form. He weeps and starts to do it again, when he suddenly feels a twitch beneath him. Her hand squeezes his own and he leaps up, yelling to the heavens, "Holy Horus be praised!"

    And then he looks into his Daiyanissa's eyes...
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2007-07-08 at 09:22 AM.
    ~~>DAEMONICA ELECTRONICA.
    Severe technical difficulties. Sorry for inconvenience.


    OOC Ratcatchers: Iiiiiiiiinves-ti-gate! Good times, come on! Investiiiii-gation!
    OOC Finding Paths and Making Kings: STANDOFF AT BOKKEN"S HUT.
    OOC Curse of the Crimson Throne Bandits incoming at 12-o-clock and 9-o-clock.

  29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stormwracked verdant hive

    Default Re: lich ruler

    ((OOC NOTES:))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do I reaaallly have to? Oh well. Spells used: 1 Protection from Evil and 1 Cure Light Wounds. Skills used: Knowledge (Religion)(1d20+3)[17] Heal (1d20+7)[15]
    ~~>DAEMONICA ELECTRONICA.
    Severe technical difficulties. Sorry for inconvenience.


    OOC Ratcatchers: Iiiiiiiiinves-ti-gate! Good times, come on! Investiiiii-gation!
    OOC Finding Paths and Making Kings: STANDOFF AT BOKKEN"S HUT.
    OOC Curse of the Crimson Throne Bandits incoming at 12-o-clock and 9-o-clock.

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hockeyville! Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: lich ruler

    Spoiler
    Show
    Nicely done....wow..just..wow.


    Daiyanissa's bright blue eyes flutter, seeking the blurry form of Neshi, her savior. Locating him, her eyes focused on his, seeing the tears dancing on his cheeks, mist in his beautiful eyes. She was confused, her hand found his, rough and callused, yet gentle, she was lying down.

    Suddenly the events that had just transpired rushed her mind, threatening to drive her to madness. She saw Neshi with nothing but a dagger in front of a Woman that looked strangely like her. She saw him straddling her to hold her down whilst she was flailing wildly in a mindless way, she saw him bring her back to life.

    Concentrating on her speech, looking to Neshi's worried face, peircing his eyes with hers, and whispered hoarsely, "Thank you". She was weak, barely able to lift her head without the pain coursing through her. Her hand held on to his tightly, while her once delicate pale hand lifted to caress his cheek, only to find blood dripping from her fingertips, the same blood that was on his arm. She snatched it back only to bring it closer to her face so as to study it. Her eyes widened with wonder at it, as she tried to sit up. She was very floaty, she couldn't seem to ground, as she tried to stay up under her own will. She was shocked at her sudden frailty and leaned over to rest on Neshi's chest, as she couldn't hold herself up.

    Suddenly, she began sobbing silently, bright glistening tears flowing freely as a running river down her alabaster cheeks, trailing around her plump lips, making them seem even larger then usual. Within a few minutes of starting, she began to stop, she wiped the telltale tears from her eyes and cheeks, leaving her eyes dry and red. Still short of breath, she sat up, wobbly but still sitting up, she tried to speak as loud as she could, but only coming out a rasp, "She's inside me, she's been there the whole time...she will destroy me..." she pulled out a vial of what looked to be the identical glistening water that she had given Neshi before, and gulped it down. "Stay away from me, if you know what is best for you. I thank you deeply, and I will always be in your debt, but stay the hell away." She stood up with great effort, and stumbled with her armor in tow towards her horse. Looking back at him, one last tear rolled down her face, 'Im sorry dearling....I love you..' She near collapsed many times on her way, her training was the only thing that kept her standing right now. When she made it to her Horse she put her sheathed greatsword in the pack, her crossbow now her weapon of choice, as she couldn't lift the greatsword for any length of time. She restrapped her armor and, with difficulty, mounted her horse.

    "Change in plans everyone! As of right now, I am incapable of leading this party, but only for a short time. I leave you in Neshi's capable hands to lead us into battle! There are two Ogres to the left of us with huge Axes. They are of Evil intent, so we must confront them! If we move quietly enough we can take them by surprise. I will be in the back for now with my cross bow." She gave Neshi one last look, her eyes haunted with the burden of two troubled souls, pleading him to understand. "Neshi, You're in front" she said as she motioned her horse to move the the back of the party, away from him...

    Her eyes filling with tears doing so...
    Last edited by Daiyanissa; 2007-07-08 at 10:08 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •