Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: lich ruler

1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: lich ruler

Spoiler
    Show
    My work is not as good as yours, milady

Neshi, utterly shocked by both revelation and confession, merely moves from rote, now no more man than machine. He salutes her smartly, clicking his heels and straightening his stance, as if he were on parade. "Your will be done, milady"

Feeling like a fool, he turns about and adjusts his helm. Striding stiffly over to his fallen arms, he straps his shield on once more and wipes the blade of his khopesh on his trouser leg.

What in bleeding blazes is an ogre? It sounds familiar... but I just can't place it... holy headless Humbaba-Eke! Spawn of Seth!

He moves over to the cart and unties his donkey. He walks it along as he leads the sorry troop. "Forward march, troop" Neshi commands, trying desperately not to let his voice quaver or his blade shiver.

Tchah! As if they don't know you're already there! The noise from that exorcism was enough to wake the dead, damnit!

Wake the dead...

He continues voicing orders with the same pitch and volume as he did before, making sure that he is heard by his companions but not anyone else. "Chuck, make thee certain the captives be bound ever tight. Gag them anew as awell. Milady Daiy, please thyself to what comfort the cart may yield thee in thy infirmity but be be prepared to jump off. 'Twill, methinks, also serve a good vantage for thy archery"

He looks around, scanning the dark woodlands for any signs of trouble before continuing. "Martin, up front and center, with me. Make ready what battle-magic ye have, for we are up against the mighty ones, the Eker'ri, humongous spawn of Seth!"

Keeping on marching, Neshi motions with his chin to the right of the path. "Yorrick, take the flank. Make ready to charge in from the wings and destroy their weapons--- thy sword and sinew seem well equipped for that. Shout the Cry of Efer-nim if they get to you first. Do not engage without support--- retreat towards our position and we shall cover for thee"

Neshi marches on, sheathes his sword and takes out a rock... a plan already forming in the brain of the former captain... Milord Horus-Re, mayest Thou lead us safe through the valley of death unto the hill of victory. So mote it be.
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2007-07-09 at 06:35 AM.
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Up to you if you want to waste those spells or not.

but you guys can roll initiative

(1d20-1)[11]

but you guys get a surprise round
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

3. - Top - End - #243
    Halfling in the Playground

DruidGirl

((OOC: ALRIGHT! Let's kill some ogres!))

Initiative:
    18+7=25
    http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1141387

4. - Top - End - #244
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative:

(1d20+1)[14]

(OOC: Sorry about my lack of posting. I'll be catching up; Yorrick's been silent all this time anyway.)
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

((OOC:

Quote Originally Posted by de-trick View Post
    Up to you if you want to waste those spells or not.

but you guys can roll initiative
    Sooo, that means those spells are recoverable? Gee, thanks, chief.

Neshi's Initiative (1d20)[12]

6. - Top - End - #246
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Slightly Earlier...

All that noise... I should ask what happened. Perhaps I shouldn't. I must wait and follow orders.

"There are two Ogres to the left of us with huge Axes."

Ogres are huge, vicious brutes, but this pit in my stomach remains for another reason.

Martin hurries up to 'front and center' and discusses the upcoming battle with Neshi.

"My most potent battle magic is composed mainly of two tricks. One, you have already seen - it failed at first, but knocked many hobgoblins out when I tried again. The other one quite reliably saps strength out of the opponent, making them far less threatening. I plan on opening with that magic and then winging it from there. If I drain the strength from one ogre, the other will most likely pose a greater threat, so I'd keep that in mind."

Now...

In the surprise round, Martin utters words of dark draconic power, and a ray shoots from his fingers and hits one of the unsuspecting Ogres, sapping him slightly.

Got him! Now I just have to hope I don't get smushed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+2)[8]
    Ray of Enfeeblement ranged touch attack roll against flat-footed Ogres (presumably AC 6-9): (1d20+4)[18]

Strength Penalty for RoE, if a hit: (1d6+1)[4]
    Last edited by ByeLindgren; 2007-07-08 at 08:01 PM.

7. - Top - End - #247

DruidGirl

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

((OOC: Which ogre is it that Daiy shot? On that matter, could we please have another diagram showing the relative positions of the characters?))

Neshi skids to a halt and drops his sling at the edge of the clearing, horrified at the devastation the forest had sustained. A sea of fresh stumps groans in agony while tree trunks piled around haphazardly bleed copious amounts of sap.

He gazes at the two tormentors of the land, huge behemoths more rank than a thousand camels. Wrapped merely in flea-ridden skins, ridges of muscle ripple as they heft their axes lazily, seemingly shocked at the sudden assault.

One of them grunts loudly, clutching a crossbow bolt protruding from its ribs. The other, meanwhile slumps, seemingly unable to bear its own weight, its strength sapped by Martin's spell.

Neshi looks intently at their arms and their height, trying to gauge how swift they can react to an attack and how far their gangly arms can reach. He judges the threat sufficient to merit a concerted attack and not merely one warrior's glory... but then realizes that they cannot all gang up on just one of the ogres for the other one could easily slip through the lines and attack the injured on the cart. "Chuck! Make sure that the prisoners are bound well before you join the fight. Yorrick and Chuck, charge the one whom Martin sapped! Take him out from two sides!"

Gathering his courage, Neshi charges at the one bleeding from Daiyanissa's bolt. Running across the broken ground, he prays, Fire of Re, guide my arm! Leaping over a fallen log, he yells as he brings his khopesh slashing down, "EFER-NIM!"

Attack roll: (1d20+5)[18] Damage if hit: (1d8+5)[9]

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

I check the ropes on the hobies and check the gags.
    then
    Spoiler
    Show
    i then use my specail ability surge

I look at the ogres closely hearing what neshi says as my pupils start to disappear. Then i recall all my training.

Looking back into my disciplined childhood chuck is standing on a feild with the other pupils. The master is standing there with a Large stuffed dummy. " This is your advesary. Children learn well that just becuase you are small doesnt mean you cannot fight back. Use your height to your disadvantage and use their weight against them. Use thier slow movements to better your punch or kick. First i will show you a demonstration." As the Master goes to hit it he says some words and the dummy comes to life. He dodges through its legs as it tries to swing its heavy punches. As he goes in he hits it 5 times in the side with all punches and you see it literally start to collapse into itself and then it gets hit from the other side from the monk. This goes on for a while and when it swings he jumps onto the large part of its back were it cantreach adn unleashes helll. As Bits of the straw head come flying off and the creature cries out in pain he defeats it.

Looking at the ogre now he says, "Use its lumbersome moves against it and it is very large so it canbe dodged without much difficulty. Even the toughest of creatures can fall if you aim low. he says with a smile.

As he goes up he jumps to the side and swings with his staff giving yorrick a position so they can fllank it. ((by the way my Ac is 22 ))
    To hit with flury of blows with my staff (1d20+4)[15] damage (1d6+3)[5]
    (1d20+4)[18] damage (1d6+3)[9]
    all this to chuck singing "why cant we be freinds?"
    Last edited by wingover gimble; 2007-07-09 at 02:03 AM.
    "Ok so what did you get to hit?" "I rolled a 1 again..." "That is your sixth one!!" "It's not me it's the sword, it's a cursed magic item!!"

[Image removed - too large]
    Spoiler
    Show
    characters
    Chuck norris: Lich ruler
    Jack bee quick: Erunia

10. - Top - End - #250
    Dwarf in the Playground

(OOC: Post forthcoming MUCH later (6 hours? Gotta grab some sleep), "mechanical" stuff now in case de-trick comes online and wants to do the ogre bit. Map would be great.)

Spoiler
    Show

Yorrick charges (+2 Attack, -2 AC) the same Ogre that Martin will target (after me, judging by initiative). He uses Power Attack, trading his full Base Attack Bonus for damage. This is -2 to his attack (negating the charge bonus) and +4 to his damage (it's x2 for two-handed weapon).

Attack Roll: (1d20+8)[26]
    Threat Roll (if 19 or 20): (1d20+8)[26]
    Damage Roll: (2d6+12)[22]

A CRUSHING BLOW!

As I said, story bit forthcoming laterrr.... Sleep calls now.

Last edited by Methalor; 2007-07-09 at 03:03 AM.
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #251
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Spoiler
    Show
    Now I'm a bit confused... We couldn't still be in the surprise round due to the actions taken, so we're in the middle of round 1? Or was that just an extended version of a surprise round?

Martin watches Yorrick tear a hole into the weakened Ogre. "Wow, that's a hit."

12. - Top - End - #252
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Nope, we're (mostly) good. I see your point, though, standard actions only in the surprise round.

Daiy's action is perfectly fine, only a standard action.
    Martin's action is perfectly fine.

Now, there's a special rule whereby charges can be done in the surprise round (and only in the surprise round) as a standard action only. By that logic:

Yorrick's move is perfectly all right.
    Neshi's move is all right if you consider it a charge (makes sense - the way he described it, it sounded rathermuch like it). His attack roll should technically be +2 more (no matter, Ogre's shouldn't have an AC of 18 anyway) and his AC will be -2 next round.

The ONLY move that doesn't quite fit is Chuck's Flurry of Blows. That's easy enough to remedy, if Derek wants to play strictly by the rules - just nix the second attack and add +1 to the first roll to negate the Flurry of Blows penalty. I have no idea what this Surge thing does; never heard of it before. But, if it's activated as a free action, then we're all good.

Ohhh, and Chuck's move would have to be a charge - +2 attack (meaning he really should hit) and -2 to AC.

Last edited by Methalor; 2007-07-09 at 08:23 AM.
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

This is definitely an OOC note. Be prepared to laugh...somewhat.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hey Methalor! Or should I call you Will? Y'know what? The overdramatic not-so-heal-bot Neshi sulks in a corner. A standard attack is a standard move, right? But he moved... well, assuming the ogres weren't right in front of the party. Anyhow, I could say that was a charge attack like Yorrick's but Neshi's 14 HP and 18 AC have staged a rally.

14. - Top - End - #254

DruidGirl

Daiy takes another shot at her ogre with her crossbow, picking him off easily.

Attack
    CRITICAL!
    http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1142565
    18 TO CONFIRM
    http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1142572

Dmg
    8X2=16
    http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1142565

((OOC: Take that Bitch!))

15. - Top - End - #255
    Dwarf in the Playground

((OOC: So my bad about not rolling initative becuase of the suprise round. here it is (1d20+2)[18] umm ya a map thingamabob would help alot. Me and yorrick are flankin this batard right so we get a + 2))
    "Ok so what did you get to hit?" "I rolled a 1 again..." "That is your sixth one!!" "It's not me it's the sword, it's a cursed magic item!!"

Spoiler
    Show
    characters

16. - Top - End - #256
    Dwarf in the Playground

Surge gives you a bonus from your flurry of blows a plus1 so you only take a minus one and my Ac is 22 becuase if surge and becuase i get a plus 4 vs gaints, trolls, ogres ect. it acts like a haste spell and gives you a plus 20ft to your movement adn plus 2 to ac.

Spoiler
    Show
    characters

17. - Top - End - #257

ok you killed them both before they could attack, never even had a chance to attack with them.

but xp
    3000 each

for 2 ogres, 7 hobgoblins, and roleplaying
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

18. - Top - End - #258
    Dwarf in the Playground

(OOC:

Oh. My.

We're just too awesome. And here I thought we were totally toast...

Does this stack with the earlier 1000 XP for roleplaying? So, is it 4000 XP from the start of the campaign or 3000 XP?

Pull out your character sheets, it's time to level up!

HP Roll: 1d10=6

)
    Last edited by Methalor; 2007-07-09 at 04:47 PM.
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #259

DruidGirl

((OOC: Let's search these big boys.))

Spoiler
    Show
    I guess I'll just take 20 on this, we have a few minutes.

Daiyanissa, still weak from the episode earlier, slips off of her horse and makes her way towards the ogres. She kneels beside the one she killed and starts to pray, 'Oh my Loyal fury, please take these souls and guide them safely to the underworld. Protect them as you would I, Thank you. Amen'

With that she rests her head to the ground and stands back up. She grabs her greatsword, stumbles back to the dead, and tries to dig with it. After a few tries she leans on her sword, exhausted. She quietly tries to catch her breath so no one will notice her exhaustion, and flushes a bit when she raises her head and dizziness takes over.

'I guess Im not up to this just yet...' She thinks as she starts to fade in and out, her head light from the exertion. She slides slowly to the ground, and leans on the flat side of her sword, resting her head back on it with her eyes closed.

((OOC: I'll do my Char sheet in a bit. It'll be done tonight.))
    Last edited by Daiyanissa; 2007-07-09 at 04:35 PM.

20. - Top - End - #260

4000 xp total

Spoiler
    Show
    2 large hide armor, 2 large great axes, 100 gp, 200 cp, and a bag of holding level 2 filled with lumber.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

21. - Top - End - #261
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Wow, that happened quickly. I guess I understand why the hobgoblins wanted a surprise attack.

"Hmm..."

Ping! Martin is suddenly rushed with an epiphany. "Ah, suddenly the books are so clear! That's how I turn a pork rind into a slippery batch of grease!"

Martin haphazardly waves his hands, says a few words and proceeds to slip and fall flat on his backside.

"Hooray!"

Spoiler
    Show
    HP Roll: (1d4+2)[5]

22. - Top - End - #262

DruidGirl

2 large hide armor, 2 large great axes -> Cart
    100 gp, 200 cp -> Party Gold
    bag of holding level 2-> Who wants it?
    Last edited by Daiyanissa; 2007-07-09 at 09:39 PM.

23. - Top - End - #263

You could dump out the lumber
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

24. - Top - End - #264
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Multiclassed, so my character sheet isn't fully updated yet.

Let's keep the lumber in the Bag of Holding. We're not having any trouble with carrying things yet. Lumber doesn't sell for much... BUT, who knows what kind of crazy plan we can come up with using it? Every tool at our disposal!

Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265

DruidGirl

Opening her eyes, she raised her head and looked up to the sky, 'I wonder why I am so tired, why I can't even do the most menial of tasks. Oh Loyal Fury, my lord, give me strength to serve the day to you in honor' She places her hand on her heart, and warmth spreads through her, coursing through her fingertips and into her very soul.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lay on Hands, 1 point

Smiling slightly at the familiar warmth within her that she had missed dearly, she stands up and withdraws her sword from the ground, and finishes the grave for the ogres. She kisses her hand and places it on her heart again, whispering her thanks to Torm.

Feeling at peace at last, she walks over to her horse and mounts.

"Ok folks, let's continue on! She yells and motions Sir Micheal onwards.
    Last edited by Daiyanissa; 2007-07-10 at 06:40 PM.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

"The ogres were... collecting wood? So they were lumberjacks."

Martin's confusion wipes away into concern and a bit of anger. He addresses the group.

"Why did we attack, and kill, lumberjacks, without provocation?"
    Last edited by ByeLindgren; 2007-07-10 at 06:33 PM.

27. - Top - End - #267

DruidGirl

"They were evil. Leave it at that." she said shortly, still facing forward, urging the party on.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Martin looks around to find a general consensus and sighs.

Sometimes I don't think I have the stomach for adventuring...

29. - Top - End - #269

you guy's keep on going till night Will you set up camp or keep going. PS you are in hilly plains with tall grass and that few trees.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

30. - Top - End - #270

DruidGirl

"Ok, let's set up camp, I'll take guard duty tonight"

Spot