New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: Civ 5 GMR 16 Reject Earth Edition

Datsmore, if you still want to play this game, can you post in this thread before Saturday? Thank you.

Taking your turn when it comes up next is also acceptable. Apparently it skipped straight to me when I turned the timer on.
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2017-03-22 at 08:29 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

2. - Top - End - #362
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler: Sunday spectator update
    Show

Our ships continue exploring the seas.

As our work bands lies about uselessly.

And city guards report no problems.

As our great people wait.

And we ship more food to Rotterdam.

And our scout sees more of the Non America land.

We found a barb camp.

Having finished Arachelogy, we start on the science of biology.

Here we see Amsterdam.

Rotterdam working on a stock exchange.

Utrecht working on a factory.

As Orleans works on ways to observe the stars.

Paris works on a school to civilize and teach the french.

As Lyon works on a harbor.

Dutch government has undertaken no changes since last time.

The world congress is being delayed.

The scholars say we are best in approval, and land worst in nothing.

The effects of the tourism wars.

And our info on our rivals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

I meant to do this like a week ago but Datsmore is getting kicked manually for inactivity. Sorry bro, this is becoming a scheduling problem.

EDIT: I. Don't know. How to manually kick someone. So uh, never mind?
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2017-04-03 at 10:20 PM.

4. - Top - End - #364

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    I meant to do this like a week ago but Datsmore is getting kicked manually for inactivity. Sorry bro, this is becoming a scheduling problem.

EDIT: I. Don't know. How to manually kick someone. So uh, never mind?
    The option I know of, is to set the skip limit to 16, that'll mean the next time he's skipped he'll be kicked from the game.

However this will also mean that the next time Silver is skipped he'll be kicked as well.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Titan in the Playground

I'll try more persistently to talk with him.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

6. - Top - End - #366
    Pixie in the Playground

I will apologize to everyone for my lack of presence. The GMR client keeps crashing and I don't feel like investigating why. I will do whatever needs to be done to remove myself from games.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Sorry to see you go man. Looks like you successfully surrendered here though. Let me know if you figure out your technical problems and I can reinvite.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #368

Spoiler: Carthage;Shishnarfne
    Show

What is your spy doing in my lands?

~Emperor William. Defender of all Americas.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler: Ilven: the Netherlands
    Show

The individual in question was engaged in a study regimen to further his academic interests, specifically the principles underlying Archaeological exploration, that he might train the peoples of Carthage to seek previously unknown treasures of the past for display in our cathedrals.

He has also departed Dutch soil completely. I've decided that other locations require more direct attention at this time.
    I do not intend to attempt to steal any more techs from you (at least not for a long time).

I'm trying to keep up with a few more concentrated empires technologically... and you were one of the few targets I could raid. I'm hoping to keep such events to a minimum, given how they complicate diplomatic relationships.
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

10. - Top - End - #370

Show

If you are concerned with keeping up with more advanced empires, may I suggest a research agreement so that our scientists may work together for the good of all?

~Emperor William. Defender of all Americas.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

So, here's the problem I've been having. I have another family member who has Steam installed offline on another computer in the house. They play Civilization 5 a lot on that computer and like to walk away leaving the game open all the time. Since it's my steam account that's offline, when I get on with my other computer, the 2 steam's link and if I try to open GMR and play a game, I can't because it tries to stream to the other computer, and basically have me remotely access his game, not the GMR games I'm trying to play and take my turns. I've been for a while saving and turning off his game whenever I take my turn, but it always leads into an argument when he comes back to his computer wanting to play. After these last few times it's become too much of a bother of arguing with him just to take my turns, so I'm going to surrender from my games in GMR. I do hope you guys are able to find a replacement for me or still have fun with me dropping from the games. I did have fun playing multiplayer with you guys.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Sorry to see you go, and tell your family member he's being a brat. Seriously who just leaves a game running, especially on a shared platform.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #373

We had deals Silverraptor!

Also yeah, if saving and re-loading when done isn't good enough for your family member I agree with Nerd-o-rama.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry Illven.

Also, the family member happens to be my dad. So it was always going to be a losing argument no matter how unreasonable he's being.

15. - Top - End - #375

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Sorry Illven.

Also, the family member happens to be my dad. So it was always going to be a losing argument no matter how unreasonable he's being.
    Ugh, I know that feel.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

To the "Defender of all Americas",

Nothing personal. There's a balance of power, and you're throwing it off. This needs to be corrected.

Regards,
    The President of Ankh-Morpork

Spoiler: Shishnarfne;Carthage
    Show
    Have fun, but try to leave Oda alive for another ten turns, would you? I just bought some of his votes for the next WC.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #377

Show

Have you see the warmongering claims of Ankh-Morpork. This sudden war declaration is saddening.

We need allies. Can we count you among them?

~Emperor William Defender of all Americas.

Spoiler: Ottomans;The snark
    Show

Have you see the warmongering claims of Ankh-Morpork. This sudden war declaration is saddening.

18. - Top - End - #378

Spoiler: Spectator war update
    Show

As the very first nearly world war rages up.

The Venician force builds the red fort.

Valetta requests that we show the strength of our faith.

The Carthage people do not wish to sign a research agreement at the time.

We lose some city connections.

As Rotterdam starts slowly starving.

But we still fight on... (In retrospect since I brought defensive buildings for the city, I should have waited to take this shot.)

And our great scientists see use.

Subs.

We start to mobilize a defense.

As other units start to wait around.

As you can see Rotterdam is tougher now.

And maybe something to annoy Venice.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Spoiler: Spectator -> Illven
    Show

That is ... quite the force Nerdorama has arrayed against you. How do you see it turning out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

20. - Top - End - #380

Quote Originally Posted by thatSeniorGuy View Post
    Spoiler: Spectator -> Illven
    Show

That is ... quite the force Nerdorama has arrayed against you. How do you see it turning out?
    Spoiler: Spectator
    Show

With subs. Not well. The Foreigon legions can pillage, but they can't capture cities well. My subs should one shot or nearly so his frigates, and now my city resists alot of damage.

It's alot of force. But I'm not sure how well.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Her Immortal Majesty, Dido of Carthage, condemns the wanton aggression of Oda Nobunaga in declaring war against the peaceful people of Polynesia. In accordance with our Defensive Pact, we have declared war against the Japanese Empire in turn. It is our hope that this aggressive tendency will be blunted by our combined strength without undue bloodshed.

We also condemn the provocations initiated by the Iroquois, which have interfered with free trade between our peoples. We hope to be able to resolve this without resorting to military force.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Ok, I've been looking at the Iroquois as a possible target for military action for quite some time. I'm think that even more war is likely to break out over the planet shortly.
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

22. - Top - End - #382

Hey, can we get a turn timer extension? Some of my units are refusing to attack? Any ideas why?

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven
    Spoiler: Ottomans;The snark
    Show

Spoiler: Illven
    Show
    G'day mate,

Depends what you mean by 'allies', dunnit? We won't be going to war against Venice anytime soon, half our trade revenue comes from their client states, and to be honest we don't have much reason to care about a war halfway across the world. If you'd like something other than military aid, though, let us know and we'll hammer out a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Hey, can we get a turn timer extension? Some of my units are refusing to attack? Any ideas why?
    Hmm. What kind of unit, and where? I've run into that issue when a city with a garrison finishes producing a new military unit; there are two sharing the same space, so the game won't let you give them attack orders until you've fixed that. (Not even melee attack orders which would move them, since that's generally not certain to work. Cavalry and other units which can move after attacking might be an exception here, but I'm not sure.)

There are other possible reasons, but all the ones I can think of should be pretty obvious: paratroopers who've just dropped in this turn, cavalry/armor units which have already attacked...

Edit - a bit of googling turns up this thread, it sounds like you might be in a similar situation? Melee unit garrisoned in a city along with a ranged naval unit, melee unit refuses to attack?
    Last edited by The_Snark; 2017-04-23 at 04:16 AM.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

24. - Top - End - #384

Ranged naval units are refusing to attack though.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Bribed 'em

The same rule applies to naval units. They won't attack if they're stacked. I'm assuming you bought another sub in Rotterdam?

I can extend the timer when I get home later.
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2017-04-23 at 12:35 PM.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Turn timer removed while we figure out Ilven's issue, and by we I mean not me because I just realized my suggestion is impossible and Ilven's not going to want to give me details he doesn't have to.

Speaking of which, though, since 3/4 of us are involved in wars right now do you want me to just leave the timer off?
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #387

Turn timer removed while we figure out Ilven's issue, and by we I mean not me because I just realized my suggestion is impossible and Ilven's not going to want to give me details he doesn't have to.

Speaking of which, though, since 3/4 of us are involved in wars right now do you want me to just leave the timer off?
    Nah, the sub just won't attack. It'll show your ships in reach, it just won't let me confirm it. Even when I move to the lake it still won't let me confirm.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Titan in the Playground

The same rule applies to naval units. They won't attack if they're stacked. I'm assuming you bought another sub in Rotterdam?
    I don't think the game will let you purchase a unit if there's one of its type already in the city, but if there are two subs in Rotterdam then that'd do it. I... don't think that having a ranged naval unit and a melee land unit both garrisoned should keep the naval unit from attacking? I know you can stack one ranged unit of each type and still attack.

29. - Top - End - #389

Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I don't think the game will let you purchase a unit if there's one of its type already in the city, but if there are two subs in Rotterdam then that'd do it. I... don't think that having a ranged naval unit and a melee land unit both garrisoned should keep the naval unit from attacking? I know you can stack one ranged unit of each type and still attack.
    Just one sub though.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

So that's out... Any land units? We know there's at least one bug involving a naval garrison keeping a land garrison from attacking, there might be others of that sort.