Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Civ 5 GMR 16 Reject Earth Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Spoiler: Spectators
    Show

If I had any guess right now. Autocracy domination purchasing.

I'm not set on this right now however.

My biggest issues right now are how slow my settlements are, and that most of my resources are calendar luxuries.
    Spoiler: Illven
    Show
    If you're taking suggestions, how about an autocracy/culture or autocracy/diplomacy build, just to shake things up? I've watched a lot of your games, and you tend to win by domination quite frequently.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VoxRationis View Post
    Spoiler: Illven
    Show
    If you're taking suggestions, how about an autocracy/culture or autocracy/diplomacy build, just to shake things up? I've watched a lot of your games, and you tend to win by domination quite frequently.
    Show

I've only won one game with domination. 4 and 7 were science victories.

13 I took over the Mayans but died.
    15 I took alot of Austrian land but I haven't attacked anyone else yet.

Autocracy/culture is possible, but regular culture would be harder due to my isolation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Show

"So what I'll do, gents, is you keep your governor, this pile of gold, investment opportunities et cet'ra et cet'ra, and in return you merge your military with ours and give us as many o'these fancy mandarin thingies as we like."

"And that's cuttin' me own throat."1

1Praise Om I have a port now, thanks to Venice's unique unit's ability to peacefully absorb city-states by throwing money at them. It's one of Venice's many unique mechanics and the only way for them to expand without war. Venice still can't annex cities, only puppet them, but unlike the puppet cities of other civilizations, Venice can buy things in their puppets. This is best used on units since the AI governor will never build any, only buildings. In this case, I'll be buying a couple of cargo ships for sea trade routes sooner rather than later.

Spoiler: Japan
    Show
    Just letting you know not to worry about Mogadishu - it's under our permanent protection now. Moreover, you can expect to see some cargo ships in Kyoto's ports within the next couple of decades, which should be quite profitable for both of us.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Ottomans
    Show
    Your recents expansions have now cut off some polynesian forces that were in that area helping an allied City-state with barbarian troubles and now the men have no way home. There families are very worried and upset as a result.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Polynesia
    Show
    Arr, yer boys should be able ter circle around west an' get home the long way.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

6. - Top - End - #186

Spoiler: Late sunday spectator update
    Show

King William orders us to put the screws to the Valetta pinata.

The sages tell us that some far away people built gardens that would hang from places, and produce so much food.

Utrecht's guards report no problems.

On the orders of King William we remove the savages.

Rotterdam also reports no threats.

As King William orders us to study who knows nothing.

Here we see maps of Amsterdam.

And Rotterdam.

Maps of our newest city.

The government hasn't changed in form since last time.

The sages tell us we are best in land and soldiers and worst in nothing!

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Well, I was a minute late getting home to take my turn and was thinking of sneaking it in. Then I was thinking of reverting. Then I realized two or three people have taken their turns already so I guess I'll just eat it. Hopefully the AI can't have screwed up a 3 on 2 barb fight.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #188
    Pixie in the Playground

Was I kicked? Laptop died. I've found a mac.

9. - Top - End - #189

Quote Originally Posted by Datsmore View Post
    Was I kicked? Laptop died. I've found a mac.
    I thought that said mic for a second, so I was wondering why that was relevant.

Yes you were. Nerd-o-Rama, you sending Datsmore an invite link?

10. - Top - End - #190

Spoiler: Zevox;France
    Show

Greetings from Dutchlandia. Our king William of the oranges, extends to you his greetings to meet a leader on the stage of the free world.

To factilate commerce among our peoples, we extend to you the request for you to construct a dutch embassy in your capital in exchange for some of our spare oranges. (OOC See why he's William of the Oranges ) We'd ask for your spare spices, but we are about to have our own very shortly.

Is this acceptable?

Would there be land beneath the great mountain that splits the land for the Dutch to colonize?

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Show

Greetings from Dutchlandia. Our king William of the oranges, extends to you his greetings to meet a leader on the stage of the free world.

To factilate commerce among our peoples, we extend to you the request for you to construct a dutch embassy in your capital in exchange for some of our spare oranges. (OOC See why he's William of the Oranges ) We'd ask for your spare spices, but we are about to have our own very shortly.

Is this acceptable?

Would there be land beneath the great mountain that splits the land for the Dutch to colonize?
    Spoiler: Dutch (Illven)
    Show
    Greetings indeed! We find it interesting to meet another people after so many years, knowing only our own and the handful of neighborly City-States that share this jungle-filled land with us. Unfortunately to your last question, though, there really isn't. Much of the world we know is taken up by impassable mountains or one of that trio of States, and what else there is we French have either already settled or soon will. In fact, we were just preparing our own men to journey across the waters in hopes of finding more lands to settle, so we would put the same question to you about the lands you come from.

To your initial request though, while that is generous, we find ourselves with little need for such luxuries, as these lands have provided a bounty for us. We would much prefer a mutual exchange of embassies, that we may learn from one another better.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

12. - Top - End - #192

Spoiler: Zevox (The Dutch)
    Show

We will consider your counter offer. As for land, we would be okay with a single settlement to the east of our land mass.

Could you kindly direct us to these friendly minor nations of the world.

~King William of the Orange.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Zevox (The Dutch)
    Show

We will consider your counter offer. As for land, we would be okay with a single settlement to the east of our land mass.

Could you kindly direct us to these friendly minor nations of the world.

~King William of the Orange.
    Spoiler: Dutch (Illven)
    Show
    One, the State of Melbourne, lies south of our settlement that you have already encountered, deep among the jungles and mountains. The other two lie far to the southeast, along the coast of the continent, though they too border mountains - this land of ours narrows the further south you go, until there is very little but mountains and coastline.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

14. - Top - End - #194

Until photobucket co-operates with me long term, updates are temporarily hituased.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Pixie in the Playground

Can I please come back? I have cookies.

16. - Top - End - #196

Nerd! O-Rama. Are you inviting Datsmore back.

Show

We can offer you spare dyes for the sweet sweet price of 4 GPT! Do you accept this offer to share in the glory of William the Orange.

~From the desk of William the Orange.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Nerd! O-Rama. Are you inviting Datsmore back.

Show

We can offer you spare dyes for the sweet sweet price of 4 GPT! Do you accept this offer to share in the glory of William the Orange.

~From the desk of William the Orange.
    Spoiler: Netherlands (Illven)
    Show
    That seems fair, we accept. And we would add an offer of our own: an even exchange of luxuries, our Spices for your Citrus.

18. - Top - End - #198

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Spoiler: Netherlands (Illven)
    Show
    That seems fair, we accept. And we would add an offer of our own: an even exchange of luxuries, our Spices for your Citrus.
    Spoiler: Zevox (France)
    Show

We are in the process of connecting our own spices to our empire.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Somehow I got kicked from the game. Can I and Datsmore get our reinvite links back?

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

/rises from grave

There's three open spots as of now, so here's three invite links. If one doesn't work, use the next.

Reminder that this game has a 6 skip limit - if you miss six turns total, you get kicked. Hopefully not banned though, I don't know how that works.

/returns to grave
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

To Ottomans:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm sorry about this. But your past action on bribing state officials to claim a land rich in marble when you knew full well the Polynesian people had already claimed years before such a deal has lead to the current situation. The Polynesian people have been angrily protesting all these years that something had to be done with what they called this "Blatant theft from the Ottomans" the majority of the Polynesian state senators have passed through this declaration of war. All the people of Polynesia have been coveting is the land of marble that was claimed many years earlier, and if you are to sue for peace and present this as your offer for peace, all acts of violence will be suspended and issues will be settled. Let there not be any confusion, the desire is the land of marble, not merely the marble mined out of that area. One of the main complaint of the protestors is the work of a day's wage on such lands, which many were preparing for before the territory was mysteriously and suddenly granted to a settlement not a couple years old.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Polynesians
    Show
    Let's see if we understand ye rightly, lubbers: ye settle on our doorstep and box our people in, and when we scramble to defend our claim you have the gall to call us thieves? There be plenty of places for yer people up north, while we Ottomans are pinned between mountains, Iroquois spears and a half dozen little cities. But no, ye chose to come south. And as soon as our desert city unveils her great work, you decide to attack? Awful convenient, that.

If ye speak true and only want the marble, use yer general to claim it - and the hills it sits on, aye; we can hardly stop ye. There's marble elsewhere in the world, we wouldn't hold too much of a grudge. But march on Edirne and we will know ye for a pack of thieves and vultures.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Ottomans
    Show
    Your proposal is acceptable. Even though we suspect this marble was used to build a desert wonder a couple years sooner in similar design the Polynesian people were working on, you proposal on redrawing the borders will work. The General has laid down his citadel and the peace proposal has been sent. We trust that this will end any friction that arose from this matter.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spectator updates, people! I'm dying here. I hear so much and see so little.

25. - Top - End - #205

Spectator updates, people! I'm dying here. I hear so much and see so little.
    That would require photobucket to work!

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

But that's just a problem for you, right? Not with GMR in general?

27. - Top - End - #207

But that's just a problem for you, right? Not with GMR in general?
    I dunno the other players may use photobucket.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

I dunno the other players may use photobucket.
    In my case, I just don't do spectator updates. Partially because it seems like way more trouble than its worth (I'm playing the game for the fun of it, not to entertain others), partially because I can't figure out how to make screenshots in Civ 5 work anyway.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

I do 'em occasionally, but they're kind of time-consuming for me - my computer is old and gets cranky when I ask it to do something intense run Civ and like take screenshots at the same time. I've got some slightly out-of-date ones I've been meaning to put up for a few days, though.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I do 'em occasionally, but they're kind of time-consuming for me - my computer is old and gets cranky when I ask it to do something intense run Civ and like take screenshots at the same time. I've got some slightly out-of-date ones I've been meaning to put up for a few days, though.
    Basically in the same boat, especially since I rarely have time to play a turn and post at the same time, which means saving screenshots, sharing them to myself in case I don't get back to my PC, and then doing a post much later.

Here's a quick summary, though:

Show
    Venice kind of really sucks when it's not on a coastline because you have to cash-buy all your Cargoes and boats to guard them. Also my only trading partners are Japan and one CS.

Still, I'm closing in on Education and have Tradition filled out, so it's not all bad. Time to roll a d3 between opening Commerce, Patronage, or rushing Acoustics and opening Rationalism. Think I'd rather head to Printing Press for crossbows and LToP though.
    Spoiler
    Show