Page 1 of 51 123456789101126 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 1501
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default [PTU] The Charizard Knights

    Moltres 43, 357 EL
    The Trial of Courage

    In every man's life, there are a few moment that force you to pause and wonder if it was all worth it. The sacrifices, the trials, the things you'd lost: what did you actually accomplish with it? Some look back on a full life bursting with accomplishment, and are at peace. Others see squandered opportunities, and a life not worth living. Anything can force this (sometimes unwanted) retrospection, whether it be the loss of a loved one, completion of a long sought after goal, or the loss of years of work.

    You? It's being brought on by the twenty-foot long Charizard in the canyon below you have to steal an Egg from.




    Dawn, the Same Day

    It was a rather typical day on Cinnabar. The sun was scorching even as it crested the horizon which, coupled with the fact that today was the beginning of Initiation, had caused more than a few of you to sweat through your clothes. Quickly looking around reveals some of the most promising youth on the island. Chantu Katsura, one of the many in line to the throne and Kasai's sponsee, sits still enough to almost be mistaken as dead, somehow not sweating under his armor. On the other hand, Goto's candidate, a boy none of you recognized who could hardly be over the age of ten, fidgeted about almost constantly, rarely stopping his movements for more than a few seconds. Looking around, you can see quite a few of the other candidates. Adrianne Wells, one of the psychics who had worked with Yvonne in the past. Brawley, a son of one of the more common sailors to the island, was also present, carrying a trident of some sort.

    And, of course, the four of you.

    You'd been told to assemble at dawn, and yet it seemed the actual Knights were late. You were alone, and, after a few minutes, a few of the other candidates were becoming fidgety.

    "What the hell is going on? Where's Maddigan?" Studs, the town urchin finally cries, glaring at the sky.

    "Patience," you hear Chantu commands, surprisingly causing Studs to fall quiet. "Can you not hear them?"

    After a strained moment, the wind begins to pick up, as numerous small orange dots begin to appear on the horizon. Squinting through the dust, you can barely make out just short of a dozen Charizard and their riders, with a massive creature leading the group, no doubt Kuttara himself. Soon enough, the group can make out Ji Choi, Vladamir Ward and Thadeus Alphonse, the latter allowing himself to be seen, likely for the point of ceremony. Ibis isn't anywhere to been seen, but judging by the fact that her Charizard couldn't carry her weight, that was hardly surprising.

    In a massive gale of wind and dust eight riders land. You quickly recognize Kasai, Goto, Dreues, Yvonne Brielle and Maddigan, as well as your own sponsors. With a quick pop Ibis appears, Charizard clinging to her shoulder like a snake.

    "Welcome to the Initiation," Kasai says with a voice that sounds like two stones smacking together. "You've been selected as candidates to the Charizard Knights. Today, we see exactly how foolish your sponsors are for backing you," Kasai states with a pointed look towards Ji Choi, obviously not approving of her selection. "I'm going to do my best to make sure none of you pass. We need only the most powerful Charizard Knights right now, and I'm not convinced any of you will last more than three seconds against a Dragonite," Kasai snarls.

    "Ey, Kasai, let meh handle dis," Maddigan says with such a horrible mix of accents that you can't tell exactly what he's trying to do. "Ahm in charge of yer first trial, the Feat o' Strength," he continues, pulling out a scroll. "Tha military is tha one who puts this forth. As ya might guess, the first thing ya need ta be a Charizard Knight is yer Charizard. You lot are a buncha runts, so ya gotta stert with a Charmander. Fertunately, mah Charizard just had a clutch o' eggs."

    "Yer gonna steal one,"
    Maddigan says with an evil grin, drawing a chuckle from Thadeus and Vladimir. "If you get un, meybe Kasai'll stop bein such a grump," Maddigan says, completely unphased by the glare the leader of the Knights threw in his direction. "This is the Trial o' Courage, where ya get ta prove ye got the right stuff. Or, ya know, that yer just stark ravin' mad! Traditionally tha military handles dis trial, but I volunteered to give 'em a little help this year. They wanted 'cha ta kill rats er something dumb."

    "Now comon. Ye got work ta do,"
    Maddigan states, turning to walk away, likely towards wherever the Eggs were kept. The other nominees follow, most looking to their sponsor as they follow the Mad Knight.

    "Oi, an' word of advice? Don try 'n fight 'er. We don' wan any dead kids."

    Spoiler: Neils
    Show
    As you turn to follow Maddigan, you feel the all-to-familiar grip of Ibis' Charizard upon your mind.

    My master says don't muk this up, the beast commands, the smugness carrying heavily across the telepathic link. Kasai didn't like her appointment, and if you don't impress him you could be in trouble.


    Spoiler: Harisson
    Show
    As you leave, a familiar hand comes down on your shoulder.

    "Good luck," Thadeus says shortly, face more serious than normal. "It's not quite as dangerous as Maddigan would have you think, but keep your distance. Use that laziness to come up with a plan, alright? You're ready for this."


    Spoiler: Satomi
    Show
    "I'm not supposed to give you any advice, but keep an eye on the edge of the canyon. I doubt it will help you with the Charizard, but it may be of some interest to you," Jin states, looking at you with an appraising eye. "Now go. Find your fuel."


    Spoiler: Aloriana
    Show
    Vlad nods at you as you walk by, hardly sweating despite the hundred pounds of armor the man was wearing. "Good luck kid. Make your brothers proud."





    The trek to the canyon had been tough, but not overly taxing, despite Maddigan's best efforts. The second you'd reached the edge of the canyon the Mad Knight had apparently disappeared, leaving without a word.

    Below, down the edge of a forty foot cliff, Shikina lounges about, body covered in the same blue tatoos that Maddigan seems so fond of. You could see various clutches of eggs scattered around the floor, the great female Charizard striding between them, occasionally letting out a burst flame to keep the eggs warm.

    "See you at the bottom," Chantu states, anchoring some rope around a stone before beginning to hop down edge of the cliff, obviously not bothering with teamwork or plans. A bit behind, the young boy that none of you recognized was looking on in terror, obviously unsure what to do. The others looked down below, attempting to find some sort of advantage to use against the beast.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2016-04-20 at 09:23 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: [PTU] The Charizard Knights

    Satomi stands silently with the other potential Knights, seemingly focused on nothing at all. Patience is one skill she is very, very good at, and besides, Sensei Choi had an unorthodox teaching style; waiting for a trivial few minutes did not bother her in the slightest.

    She turned to look at Studs and Chantu as they spoke, her violet eyes carrying no emotion, only a cold calculation. Chantu has above average senses... Useful, as an ally. Her gaze flicks over the other potentials as well. A trident, perhaps with some Maelstrom abilities... A Psychic... a standard Knight, with sword and armor... purple hair, but not eyes? Supernatural, unknown... A bowman... an unknown...

    When the Charizard Knights finally arrive, Satomi listens attentively. Unlike many of the others at the training, she is not covered in heavy material or burdened by weaponry or armor; in a light blue cotton blouse and dark trousers, her long blond hair tied in a ponytail, the heat barely touches her. With a large cloth stachel at her side, bulging with various potions, bandages, and other necessary instruments of healing, she stands out in the crowd; a healer among warriors.

    Kasai-sama looks at Sensei Choi, and Satomi shows the first hint of emotion of the day: her eyes narrow slightly, and she focuses entirely on the leader of the Charizard Knights. Kasai-sama sees profit only in martial prowess, it seems. That may be challenging, as the trial progress. A moment later, her face has smoothed back to neutrality.

    As Maddigan-sama takes over the narration, Satomi begins to formulate a plan for the theft of a Charmander egg. She only has the bare bones of an idea at the moment, but it seems viable. She looks up when Sensei Choi speaks to her, slightly more animation showing on her face as he gives her advice. "Yes, Sensei," she responds levelly; her automatic response, and one that Choi has no doubt heard many times before.

    ---

    Despite her petite stature and porcelain skin, Satomi remains at the forefront of the potential knights during their journey, reaching the canyon only slightly out of breath. As they neared the canyon, she pauses for a moment and releases Renault, allowing the awakened fossil to crawl onto her back and cling like a heavy backpack. She looks over the canyon impassively, checking the edge of the canyon wall as her Sensei told her. Then she bends down and begins to climb the canyon wall towards the ground below.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Pokemon Education to look for fossils on the wall/the edge of the canyon: (3d6)[11]

    Perception to look at the wall normally: (2d6)[8]

    Athletics to begin climbing down the canyon wall: (4d6)[13]
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU] The Charizard Knights

    Neils silently appraised the candidates as they waited. Only two jumped out at him as being worthy of his notice. The first, Chantu, was for obvious reasons. Kasai wouldn't have sponsored somebody inadequate, and no doubt Chantu would be front of the pack the entire way. Might be worth making an ally out of, Neils thought to himself. The second was Adrianne. His lip twitched when he realized that there would be a psychic with them, but he held back. It'd probably be best to avoid the girl, given their sponsor's disposition toward each other. He just had to be sure to come out on top when push came to shove.

    Not that push comes to shove is really my thing, he thought, but if I'm going to become a knight I guess its inevitable. The other candidates didn't seem like anything too spectacular, but it was too soon to make assumptions as to who would be useful and who wouldn't. Best keep his mind open to other options.

    -----

    When Neils heard the challenge, he groaned inwardly. While he was excited at the prospect of getting a Charmander egg so soon, this was ... overkill. I'd rather have just beat up a bunch of rats to be honest. This could actually get me killed if I'm not careful. When Maddigan told them not to fight the creature, Neils nearly snorted in laughter ... almost. People would have to be idiots to go up against that thing. While it was Maddigan that had slain that Dragonite, Neils had no doubt that the Charizard had played its part.

    As he was following Maddigan and got Ibis's message, he nodded curtly. He wasn't obvious about it, but he knew that Ibis would get the message. Still though, the Charizard's message bothered him. Ibis had a reputation for picking successful recruits that passed the trials. Many called her the Headhunter for that very reason. Half the reason he accepted Ibis's offer instead of going to somebody else was because he figured it would give him a leg up. Apparently not if Kasai already didn't like him. It made sense though. Neils wasn't exactly traditional Knight material, and, to top it off, he didn't have any real accomplishments yet either. Winning a few training battles did not a Knight make. Still, there wasn't much he could do about it now, and so he simply followed Maddigan, aware of the terribly thin ice he was skating on.

    -----

    Neils stared down at the Charizard and the eggs, mind churning at what seemed like the speed of light. The more he processed what this challenge entailed, the luckier that he realized he was. Well, luck in a relative sense. Nobody in this position could call themselves lucky and be sane. Still though, this was not a challenge that one could win with brute strength, putting him on equal ground to other candidates. Heck, he might even be able to make an impression on Kasai, which wouldn't have happened if they were just beating up rats. He finally saw this challenge for what it really was: an opportunity. Neils just had to discover how to milk the opportunity for all it was worth.

    After quickly mopping the sweat from his brow, Neils considered his options. The first problem would be the cliff, but that was the least of his worries. How the muk were you supposed to steal an egg from a protective, firebreathing mother? It wasn't like he could offer it coupons for a dream reading or anything. He supposed he could send Zepar down and use telekinessis to float the egg away. If worst came to worst the Kadabra could teleport away and flee. He didn't necessarily think that would go over well with Kasai though, so he searched for other options.

    Then a thought struck him. A wonderful, inspired, and, quite frankly stupid, thought. Why not just ask for one? Neils couldn't run fast or be sneaky, but if there was something he was good at, it was connecting with Pokemon. The thought terrified him. Channel Maddigan's Charizard? He had to be crazy. But maybe crazy was just what Kasai was looking for. It was certainly Maddigan's area of expertise. If he failed, he'd be dead. If he succeeded, he might be able to catch Kasai's eye. This was the first test, and it was time to make a first impression worth remembering. It wasn't as if Ibis would accept him playing second fiddle to any of the other candidates.

    Courage. This was the test of courage. Not combat, and not stealth. With growing confidence matched in equal part by growing terror, Neils settled on his plan. If worst came to worst he could always resort to Zepar's telekinesis. Now he just had to make it down there early enough so that the creature wasn't too preoccupied with everyone else stealing eggs that it was in a bad mood. Or god forbid that somebody piss it off to the point of launching attacks.

    As the realization struck him, Neils cast his gaze at Goto's squire. Muk, he thought. I wouldn't be surprised if that boy were stupid enough to do it. If his plan were to work, he needed to get down there quickly. Neils rapidly scanned the area, locating his method of getting down and, once he saw it, he started to move.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Intuition Check to "filter out relevant data from the irrelevant" in order to help judge the best path for his level of athleticism (untrained). This includes the rope that Chantu latched to the rocks if that's what looks best to him. He's not looking for secret paths or anything, just using logic to try and locate the best one from the obvious choices. (4d6+2)[13]. Assuming there's nothing major in the way he begins moving down the path that he deduces is the one conducive to his success.

    If an Athletics Check is required:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6)[7]


    Oh also, he does a quick cross check between the number of eggs and the number of cantidates. Just a check to see if we're competing with each other in addition to with the Charizard.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: [PTU] The Charizard Knights

    Aloriana bounced on the balls of her feet, Butterfrees fluttering in her chest. I can't believe I'm about to really do this! Lined up with the assembled youth, about to embark of the journey of a lifetime, filled her with excitement and anticipation. But do they really need keep us waiting? It's killing me!

    She looked around at the others, many of which were very different from the knights she had heard of or aspired to be, but that didn't put her off. If any of them caught her staring, she'd simply smile and wave. Looks like they take all types here. Makes sense now that I think of it. She thought she might be able to learn a lot here, from the looks of the crowd here. That'll have to wait however, she needed to focus on the task as hand or it might be straight back to the farm and she'll learn nothing. And that'd be embarrassing, I'd never hear the end of it. But what am I supposed to focus on? Let's get on with it!

    -

    When the knights made their entrance, Aloriana almost whooped with joy but managed to hold it in as she listened to the challenge. I do fancy a good challenge, but they're not serious are they? They wouldn't really try to kill their applicants would they? There's gotta be some angle to this test. She beams as Vlad acknowledges her and gives him a thumbs up as she walks past. The trip to the test site was a good use of her pent up energy and she stretched out her arms a bit on the way there. Upon arriving at the canyon, she gulped a bit seeing the task before her laid out beneath her feet.

    Well, it's hard to argue with this kind of angle, she thought to herself staring down at the tattooed beast. She looked around the area trying find a way down and more importantly, a way out once you did get down there. It would be really bad to grab your egg and almost escape only to realize you trapped yourself. She goes over her equipment, making sure her brother's sword he gifted her and mother's old bush knife are firmly strapped to her belt. She shouldn't need them, but having them close to her fills her with confidence. She had a few herbal remedies stored away in case things get dicey. She reties her long, blonde hair behind her head in a tight bun; less fun, but more practical than her usual ponytail.

    Just like nicking from the cookie jar, only the cookies are eggs and your dad is a fire breathing lizard. Most of the others seemed to be handling the realization of the task reasonably well, except for Goto's squire. The young boy's terror concerned her so before she set off she tried to meet his eye and flash an encouraging grin and a thumbs up at him. She had never met him before and wasn't sure what best to say but she hoped to cheer him up, this task would hard enough without having to treat each other like enemies.

    But there was no time for chit-chat either and Aloriana was not about to be outdone so easily. She had a plan, maybe a bit reckless, but they did say this test was for courage. She starts to descend into the canyon.

    -

    Spoiler
    Show

    Aloriana will look around, particularly looking for ways to escape once she's gotten and egg. Perception: [roll]2d6[/roll]

    She'll do a quick Charm check on Goto's chosen to improve his disposition or otherwise cheer him up. Charm: [roll]4d6[/roll]

    And'll lastly, the Athletics check to climb down to the canyon floor. Athletics: [roll]3d6[/roll]
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2016-04-04 at 12:04 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: [PTU] The Charizard Knights

    Spoiler
    Show

    Sorry I think I mucked up the rolls by hitting preview post being posting it, gonna try again.
    Perception: (2d6)[12]
    Charm: (4d6)[14]
    Athletics: (3d6)[15]

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU] The Charizard Knights

    "Such a nice day to do nothing..."

    Laying on the grass and watching the sun peak on the horizon, Harisson didn't really pay any attention to the people around him. The breeze constantly brought their shapes and scents to Harisson, but he pushed those senses away from his mind, focusing on the clear sky and the wind above him. He, for one, didn't mind Thadeus' delay at all, despite the anxiety that was slowly brewing inside of him. So when he heard the strong sound of beating wings, he couldn't hold a sigh before standing up to welcome his mentor.

    When the Knights landed, though, Harisson was a taken little aback. "What on Earth is Thadeus doing walking among the elite Knights?" - he thought, confused by his mentor's proximity with the other, much more famous Knights. He didn't let it show, however, nodding politely to Thadeus as Kasai started speaking. As the Trial was explained, Harisson felt the nervousness increasing. He would like having his companion soon, of course, but the whole thing was a bit crazy. "Well, I shouldn't be surprised, coming from Maddigan." He urged the wind to inform him about the other contestants, and with few exceptions, he wasn't the only one excited.

    As they were about to leave, Thadeus' final words didn't do much to appease Harisson's worries.




    The walk hadn't been too difficult, although he was somewhat tired. He knew he could freely use his powers now, but he also paid attention to his mentor's instructions, and decided to try keeping them from being noticed so early. As they reached the canyon, Harisson was a little out of breath, but he joined the others as they all looked in amazement to the gorge below. In an instant, Maddigan had disappeared, so the competitors all started immediately getting down the ravine, except for a small boy.

    "He's too young to be here" - Harisson thought, before calmly sitting on the edge of the abyss, his legs hanging lazily as he checked the challenge before him. With barely a thought, the wind started sweeping the rocky walls, looking for an easier way down and up. It also followed the other contestants, trying to analyze their movements. As the breezes brought him this information, he focused his eyes on the pokémon below, looking for details about the eggs, their positioning and, more importantly, where the charizard's attention was.

    It took only a few seconds to process the information, so when he had a clearer idea of his plan, he turned around to look at the terrified boy. "Hey, little guy! Afraid of heights?" - he said, trying to put on his best smile to engage in conversation. The boy reminded him of Elias, one of his younger brothers, so he tried to calm him down a bit - "Just relax for a moment. It's all right. Come here, let's watch what they do first, ok?"

    Spoiler: Mechanical
    Show

    Harisson binds 2AP to use his One With the Wind feature, allowing him to extend his touch sense to an 8 meter radius around him.
    He first uses this to frisk the other candidates to see what kind of weapons they are carrying, and second to find an easier route down and up the ravine, if there's any.

    Perception Check (4d6)[13]
    To look at the positioning of the eggs (what cluster is more distant or less watched by the Charizard?),
    if anything is out of the ordinary (fake eggs, rocks, anything that can be a trick)
    and where Shikina is watching (is she paying attention straight up?).


    Charm Check (2d6)[7]
    To convince the boy to join me?
    Last edited by Elyander; 2016-04-04 at 09:32 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU] The Charizard Knights

    Satomi

    As you scan the walls of the caverns you see a few distinctive layers of limestone near the bottom that would imply the presence of some fossils, but it is difficult to tell from up here. If you had to guess, you'd be almost positive that there was something down there, but the exact what isn't available at this point.

    You and Chantu more or less keep pace as you begin climbing down the cavern wall. It wasn't particularly difficult, although the fact that you hadn't bothered with a harness makes the going just a little bit slower. Soon enough you've reached an edge that makes a convenient stopping point, a fact Chantu seems to already have taken advantage of.

    "No rope?" the noble says, obviously impressed, albeit grudgingly. "And no weapon. Seems like you're already winning this Trial of Bravery," the boy states, measuring out a length of rope and handing it to you before the purple haired boy arrives on the ledge, having apparently used Chantu's rope, with Adrianne simply appearing on the ledge an instant later.

    Neils

    While you're not particularly adept at finding a simple path to climb down, it becomes abundantly clear that Chantu and Satomi know what they're doing, and following the path that they attempt is rather simple. Even more, Chantu has even left a nice length of rope. Sure, he was on it down below, but in terms of the easiest path it's hard to beat that.

    Soon enough however, you're on the small respite Chantu and Satomi are resting on as Chantu hands Satomi a length of rope. Up above you can see Adrianne looking down, likely trying to determine how to best use her powers, before she simply appears on the ledge with a loud pop, flashing you a smirk as she gets her bearings.

    As you count the Eggs below, you quickly discern that there's more than enough Eggs for the number of you there are.

    Spoiler: Pokemon Education DC 10
    Show
    In fact, there are far more Eggs than a single clutch of Charizard Eggs, or even a dozen. They certainly weren't just Maddigan's Charizard's brood.

    Spoiler: General Education DC 8
    Show
    The only source of this many Eggs would be if the Knights brought out their entire collective clutch, although why they'd risk them like this is beyond you.


    Aloriana


    As you flash the young boy a smile he gives a curt nod, reaching for his Pokeballs as the bowman goes to comfort him.

    Still, you had more important things to do at the moment. Looking around, you can easily tell that the others are taking the wrong path; while theirs is easy to scale, it leaves them without much cover at the bottom. You manage to easily find a path that should deposit you behind a large rock, giving you an easy path to a nearby batch of Eggs.

    After a quick moment to get your bearings, you're able to begin your descent into the canyon, finally dropping the last few feet behind the boulder, Maddigan's Charizard nowhere in sight, which is a very concerning fact.

    Even as you wait, you hear a soft thud behind you as Brawley drops in, bare feet hardly making a sound.

    "Got a plan?"

    Harisson


    As you frisk the others, you're quite shocked that, besides Chantu, Aloriana and Brawley, nobody seemed to really be carrying weapons. It seemed most either weren't combatants or relied on some other form of combat.

    "I'm not scared," the little boy mutters, viciously shaking his head as he looks down into the canyon as the others begin their attempts to scale the sides. "I just don't want Teddy to hurt Maddigan's friend. Teddy always hurts scary stuff," the boy states matter-of-factly. "Can you help me? I don't want to have to use Teddy," the boy says, a quiver of fear in his voice.

    Looking down below yields far better results. The only thing that seems off are the tatoos on Shikina; unless you're mistaken, the marks are actually moving over the boy of the Charizard, although why they'd do that you have no idea. She seems to be covering the batches of Eggs rather well, but a small cluster by where Brawley and Aloriana had just touched down appears to be fairly safe; it's at least close to an easy climb up the cliffs if nothing else.

    Of course, your keen eyes are able to just barely make out Shikina glancing repeatedly towards a small ledge that Chantu and three others had stopped on while scaling the side; while she's not being obvious about it, she's spotted the group and is keeping careful watch.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: [PTU] The Charizard Knights

    Satomi accepts the rope with a nod of thanks, her face remaining expressionless. "We shall see who wins in the end, Chantu-san." On her back, Renault hisses at the strange presence nearby, but the girl quiets him with a touch. Collecting a Charizard egg has become almost a secondary concern for Satomi; she barely takes notice of the other occupants, feeling only the slightest twinge of jealousy as the psychic uses her power to leap down. All of her focus is on the band of limestone.

    Resting for only a few moments, Satomi moves to the edge of the ledge and ties the rope securely, positioning it to place her near the limestone bands. With her Kabuto still tightly clinging to her back, she starts down once more, searching in the bands of limestone for a tell-tale sign of ancient life now extinguished. She realizes her increasing proximity to Maddigan's Charizard as she moves slowly downwards, and does what she can to exhibit herself as a non-threat. More than enough for all of us... strange...

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Perception to place the rope properly to get Satomi close to the limestone on the way down: (2d6)[10]

    Athletics to climb down the rope: (4d6)[10]

    Pokemon Education to see/identify any fossils in the limestone: (3d6)[10]

    Charm (?) to appear non-threatening as she climbs: (2d6)[6]
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU] The Charizard Knights

    Quote Originally Posted by The boy
    "I'm not scared," the little boy mutters, viciously shaking his head as he looks down into the canyon as the others begin their attempts to scale the sides. "I just don't want Teddy to hurt Maddigan's friend. Teddy always hurts scary stuff," the boy states matter-of-factly. "Can you help me? I don't want to have to use Teddy," the boy says, a quiver of fear in his voice.
    Harisson smiles softly as the boy speaks. He was most likely not as weak as it appears, as he should have guessed. "Whoever Teddy might be, I bet I don't want to face him if he can hurt a charizard.", Harisson thinks, watching the other contestants and their development. With a deep breath, he stands up on the edge and faces the boy.

    "Tell you what: I'll be the thief, you'll be the getaway guy." - Harisson says with a grin - "When I get there, I want you to scream as loud as you can. If you can ask Teddy to help you, even better. Not before I get there, though. Wait till I'm close to the eggs. I'll grab two, one for each of us. Your shouts will distract the charizard and allow me to escape and, hopefully, everyone will also have a chance to get an egg on the confusion." Harisson looks down, towards the eggs he will be approaching soon enough. He starts to focus on the wind around, requesting aid in both direction and information, ready for his play.

    "She won't chase us because she has more eggs to take care of, so it's kinda safe. We just have to do it quickly, before we are out of time for a surprise." - Harisson faces the boy again, ushering him closer to the edge - "Remember, as much noise as you can, and we'll pass this trial. And if not... well, I'm counting on Teddy to help me out." Harisson says with a smile, before leaping off the edge, not really waiting for an answer.

    As soon as his feet leave the ground, the wind takes charge, guiding him towards his objective ever so slightly. The rush of the wind is loud as he falls, but it doesn't prevent him from sensing everything around him. As soon as they're in range, he quickly feels the moving marks on Shikina's skin, fearing they could be pokémon in disguise. He also frisks the eggs, once more trying to recognize something that would show them to be something else. And in a few seconds, he softly "lands" close to the relatively unguarded batch of eggs, already turning to grab two of them.

    Spoiler: If everything goes according to the plan
    Show

    If those are real, he will try grabbing two eggs (one with each arm) and gliding away from the charizard along the canyon's bottom, not really looking for a way up as much as a way to increase his distance from the beast.


    Spoiler: Mechanical
    Show


    Again, One With the Winds is used to study the moving tattoos and the eggs' texture to find unpleasantries.

    Acrobatics Check (AP used) (4d6+1)[15]
    To jump and guide himself towards the batch of eggs

    Perception Check (4d6)[19]
    To try identifying real eggs from possible fake ones

    Pokémon Knwoldge Check (3d6)[9]
    To try identifying real eggs from possible fake ones

    Focus Check (AP used) (2d6+1)[8]
    To use Levitate capability correctly and avoid falling damage

    Do I need a Stealth roll to fall silently? If the Focus check suceeds, he didn't even touch ground on his way down, levitating a few inches above ground, if possible. Besides, I tried rolling but apparently you can't include rolls when editing xD

    Current APs: 2*/6 (*2 Bound in One With the Winds)
    Last edited by Elyander; 2016-04-05 at 08:30 AM.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU] The Charizard Knights

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Satomi
    Neils

    While you're not particularly adept at finding a simple path to climb down, it becomes abundantly clear that Chantu and Satomi know what they're doing, and following the path that they attempt is rather simple. Even more, Chantu has even left a nice length of rope. Sure, he was on it down below, but in terms of the easiest path it's hard to beat that.

    Soon enough however, you're on the small respite Chantu and Satomi are resting on as Chantu hands Satomi a length of rope. Up above you can see Adrianne looking down, likely trying to determine how to best use her powers, before she simply appears on the ledge with a loud pop, flashing you a smirk as she gets her bearings.

    As you count the Eggs below, you quickly discern that there's more than enough Eggs for the number of you there are.

    Spoiler: Pokemon Education DC 10
    Show
    In fact, there are far more Eggs than a single clutch of Charizard Eggs, or even a dozen. They certainly weren't just Maddigan's Charizard's brood.

    Spoiler: General Education DC 8
    Show
    The only source of this many Eggs would be if the Knights brought out their entire collective clutch, although why they'd risk them like this is beyond you.
    Neils was sweating profusely when he reached the ledge. He nodded at Chantu politely, but was too out of breath to manage anything other than a halfhearted gasping greeting. When he saw one of the other candidates free fall to the ground and Adrianne teleport onto his ledge, his gut began to twist. He felt a pang of jealousy, the same he felt every time he watched a psychic work, at their abilities and how useful they were, and he was already starting to fall behind other candidates. After pushing down a wave of frustration and anger that followed, Neils decided to completely ignore the girl and the flying boy. He was just happy that Adrianne hadn't dislodged his rope from above while he was on it. Of course, doing that in front of Kasai might not have been the best move Neils thought. Even if the man wasn't visibly around, he had no doubt that they were being watched and evaluated the whole time. Still though, he fingered one of his vials, just in case.

    That thought, that there were watchful eyes following him, including Ibis's, got him moving again. As the girl decided to completely ignore continuing downward in favor of staying on the wall - was there something important there? Neils dismissed the passing thought as quickly as it came. The girl was clearly more suited to climbing than him, and simply getting to the ground would be hard enough. With no rope in front of him now, he knew that the chance of falling was greater, but he was not asking Chantu for help.

    Neils gulped, knowing this was probably not a good plan, but he began to free climb the rest of the way. If Chantu had already gone down the last portion using a rope, Neils would use that. While he wouldn't ask for help, he'd certainly use other's actions to his advantage when it was an option.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Athletics Check! Fully expecting to fall here, but Neils' pride is acting up.

    Spending 1 AP on this one. (2d6+1)[8] 5/6 AP left over

    Spoiler: If he gets down safely
    Show

    Having reached the bottom of the cliff, Neils takes a moment to catch his breath. Hands on knees, he panted. Did this look good? No. Was it really something he had control of? No. I need to start exercising more he thought.

    When he had caught his breath, Neils straightened his back and walked forwards, not attempting to hide his presence at all. When he reached a point that was close enough to the eggs to catch the Charizard's attention but not close enough to actually be able to grab one, Neils sat on the ground. Legs crossed, hands resting gently on knees. This was the pose he'd sometimes take when REM latched onto his head, and he was well used to it.

    While Neils tried to look calm, he knew that his hands were quivering in fear. This was so utterly stupid, but it was the option that he figured would give him the greatest advantage moving forward. This was too good of an opportunity to pass up, and he just had to calm the muk down. When he gained control of himself once more, Neils centered himself and began to wait. She knew that he was there, and he would wait until he had her undivided attention before attempting to forge the bond between them. Of course, he might be dead by then, but he'd made his choice. He made his choice when Ibis gave him the baby Abra. It was too late to turn back now.


    Spoiler: If he falls but hasn't died yet
    Show

    As Neils crashed to the ground, Neils regretted not requesting help from Chantu. Mission first, pride second he thought. As pain coursed through his body, he realized that he was already letting his emotions interfere with his ability to think clearly. He was supposed to be the candidate whose mind was his greatest weapon, who didn't do stupid **** or try and whack things with a sword. Brains over brawn and all that.

    When the pain had lessened enough for Neils to get moving again, he gingerly rose to his feet and limped out toward the eggs. When he reached a point that was close enough to the eggs to catch the Charizard's attention but not close enough to actually be able to grab one, Neils almost collapsed to the ground. He would have liked to cross his legs, but that hurt too much, so he just kind of sprawled while supporting his torso with one arm.

    The pain of the fall, both physical and emotional, had steeled Neil's resolve. He would succeed in this, as he'd already failed once today. His mind had been cleared of extraneous details, and he focused solely on his goal. This was more like him, the laser focus and cold determination. And so he waited. He was in no rush now. Even if all the others came and got eggs and ran off, Neils would wait for Shikina's attention and not attempt to grab one and run. That would ruin everything.

    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2016-04-05 at 09:12 AM.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: [PTU] The Charizard Knights

    Aloriana felt rather pleased with herself, for taking this path. She was a little tired from the descent but she had no time to waste. The others look like they may be chatting each other up over there, while she is well on the way to getting the first egg. The bad news is that being first meant she'd be the first into the lion's den. Oh well, she kind of expected to get the beast riled up for them after this was done.

    She crouches behind the rock taking a look for the nearest clutch of eggs and keeping an eye out for the Charizard. She barely hears Brawley land behind her and turns when he asks his question. She smiles and clasps a pokeball briefly. “I do, but it might be a bit risky. Gonna try to get in and out quickly, before Shikina knows what's happening. I'm hoping the others over there are being noisy enough to distract her.”

    Aloriana releases her ball and her Skiddo named Lily pops out with an excited kick of her back feet. Aloriana holds her finger up to her lips to signal silence and she pats her neck. She felt a bit nervous bringing Lily out with a large Charizard around here. It's just a test, they don't really want to hurt us here.

    "Alright Lily, we're gonna move as far as we can unnoticed and make a dash for those eggs. We probably won't get the whole way there so be ready to run." She turns to Brawley. “That's my plan, pretty direct, huh? You can come if you can keep up.” She winks at the boy and with that, she urges Lily forward and the two head off towards the nearest egg patch.

    Spoiler
    Show

    OOC

    Aloriana's plan is to sneak up to the egg patch with her Skiddo, though she plans to fail spectacularly and is ready to simply bolt for it. If she can, she'll try to have Lily used her threaded ability to pick up an egg at a distance but if they're running it may be faster to simply run up to it and grab it manually and head back to the rock or any nearby cover. All the while, she's going to keep and eye out for the Charizard. In the worst case if Lily is targeted by a fire based attack, Aloriana is prepared to intercept it for her to keep her up.

    Additionally, she's going to regard Brawley in a friendly manner and improve disposition with charm, if applicable.

    Lily's Stealth: (3d6+4)[14] (+2 from Focused Training)
    (If needed) Aloriana's Stealth: (1d6)[2]
    Aloriana's Perception: (2d6)[7]
    Aloriana's Charm: (4d6)[16]
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2016-04-05 at 04:35 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU] The Charizard Knights

    Satomi

    Climbing down with your new length of rope, you find yourself able to easily reach the floor, ending up only about twenty yards from what appears to be the main deposit of fossils in the limestone, along with a nearby nest of Charizard Eggs. However, Shikina is in the way of that path... Or not. It seems the Charizard has decided to rush one of the other Trainers, the massive creature moving faster than you thought something of that bulk could, only to have Neils dash at the creature, sitting in a meditative stance, an action that draws Shikina's attention, the creature hovering around the strange boy. Either way, the path was clear to the other wall, at least for now.

    However, through all the dirt, you do catch a small, domed fossil that, unless you're mistaken, could be an Egg of some sort.

    Of course, that wasn't the only development. Chantu was creeping towards one of the nearby Egg nests, with Adrianne following a few meters behind with her teleportation.

    Spoiler: Perception or Survival, DC 8
    Show
    You're fairly certain that rocks aren't supposed to be blue (well, at least this particular kind) and, while hard to see against the glare, two lines of blue stone run across the easiest path to the other wall. While you can easily avoid them, it would require skirting far closer to Shikina than you might like.


    Neils
    Fortunately for you, Chantu quickly climbs the rest of the way down into the canyon, leaving his rope behind rather conveniently for you. After catching your breath for a moment, you're just barely able to catch Shikina move with impossible speed, closing with one of the other Trainers and letting loose a roar that shook the very stones themselves.

    Still, when you walk towards the giant Charizard she decides the others aren't nearly as interesting, turning to glare at you with blue eyes. When you sit, you could swear the Charizard grins before moving with such speed that you swear the Charizard had teleported, the wave of air displaced by the Charizard threatening to tip you over.

    And so you sat, with a four-ton Charizard only feet from, head extending on a serpentine neck to sniff around you, large drops of searing-hot spittle splashing against the ground. You could feel the waves of heat radiating off of Shikina, and, more interestingly, could get a better look at the Charizard's tattoos. From a distance they had seemed seemingly random blue lines, but from this distance? You could tell the shapes were shifting and moving across Shikina's skin, some ever detaching the tip to hover hardly an inch over the Charizard's skin. Already two had snaked down Shikina's forearms and onto the ground, and were currently slithering around you, obviously encircling you.

    Still, you had her undivided attention.

    Harisson

    Everything goes almost exactly how you could wish. The young boy furiously nods at your plan, holding a Pokeball in hand as he does so. You leap into the canyon, effortlessly guiding the winds around you to carry you towards the pile of Eggs, throwing enough thrust downwards at the end to reach the ground unharmed, placing you right next to the Eggs. Shikina was even distracted; one of the

    Well, almost exactly as you wanted. As you near the Eggs you notice a blue stripe across their shells, but fire could be blue, right? As you reach for one of the Eggs, the blue line reveals its true nature, detaching from the Egg and firing itself at you like a spear. Were it not for your quick reflexes, you might have been impaled; as-is, you just manage to launch yourself backwards a few yards before you watch the blue line continue to unspool from the Eggs, slithering across the ground towards you like a pair of strange, two dimensional snakes. It would seem that the Eggs weren't unguarded.

    Alorianna
    "Not a bad plan. If we both take different nests too, we can definitely do this," Brawley says, nodding appreciatively before taking off, hardly making a sound, throwing you a wink before he takes off. "Try not to get hurt, alright?"

    Just as you almost reach one of the nests, you smack your sword into the side of the canyon, creating a loud ringing that, obviously, draws Shikina's attention. Before you can even blink, Shikina is almost on top of you, the wave of air displaced by the beast nearly knocking you flat, and actually rolling your poor Skiddo end over end. However, an instant later the Charizard's head tips as if it heard something else before vanishing once again (you would swear that it smirked at you first), seemingly focusing on a Trainer simply sitting in the middle of the canyon for some odd reason. As you turn to continue, you see Brawley suddenly stop when the beast moves; seems as if the boy was going to try to save you from certain death an instant ago. He throws you a quick salute with his trident before trotting off towards another nest.

    With Shikina gone, you're free to grab one of the Eggs. However, even as you're idly wondering when Charizard Eggs got blue stripes, twin blue lines shoot out of the mess of Eggs and stretch like springs as they try to wrap around your arms!

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Tattoo #3 Attempts to Grapple Aloriana!
    AC 4: (1d20+1)[10] Hit
    Combat: (3d6+2)[15]
    If it succeeds, take 1 Tick of Damage.

    Tattoo #4 Attempts to Grapple Aloriana!
    AC 4: (1d20+1)[8] (Note you may be Vulnerable due to the first Grapple attempt) Hit
    Combat: (3d6+2)[14]
    If it succeeds, take 1 Tick of Damage.


    Spoiler: EVERYBODY Perception DC 12
    Show
    When Shikina lunges after Aloriana and again after Neils, you are barely able to register a flash of blue as two tatoos near the Charizard's shoulders detach, shoot out into the sides of the canyon and then pull the beast forward like a giant rubber-band gun. Shikina extending her wings was all just for show here it would appear.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2016-04-05 at 06:20 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: [PTU] The Charizard Knights

    Satomi's mouth curves into a small smile as she sees the fossil before her; an emotional equivalent, to her, of jumping up and down with joy. She notes the chaos beginning to erupt as the other initiates begin moving around her, but ignores it for the moment. Eyeing the wall, she moves away from it, skirting near Shikina while walking calmly. Her path brings her near to Chantu for a moment. "As thanks for the rope," she states quietly, and then points to the blue lines marking the walls. "Beware of blue. It seems that Shikina-sama's markings are more than simple decoration."

    With that, she moves away from him, curving gradually towards the deposit of fossils. Once she comes to an area roughly equidistant between the fossil deposit and the nearest cluster of eggs, Satomi bends down, tapping the ground with a splayed hand. Obligingly, Renault crawls over her shoulder and down her arm, onto the canyon floor below. For a moment, she simply looks into the Kabuto's glowing eyes; then she points to the nearest egg. "Burrow, take, and return," she states clearly, and Renault chirps once in response before diving into the dirt and disappearing from sight.

    Once she reaches the fossil deposit, Satomi drops to her knees, her left hand going to her satchel and coming away with a small wooden trowel. She begins scraping away the dirt from the fossil, intent on claiming her prize.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Occult Edu on the blue lines (and Shikina's markings): (4d6+2)[12]

    Pokemon Edu on the fossil (to identify it): (3d6)[12]

    Command (if necessary) to get Renault to obey her instructions: (2d6)[4]

    Charm to continue to be non-threatening: (2d6)[5]
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: [PTU] The Charizard Knights

    Aloriana retreats back in surprise but it's too late, she finds herself trapped by the strange...creatures? She winces in pain as they attack and has a moment of reflection thinking back on the strange beings that attacked her farm that makes her surprisingly angry. She strikes out at one close to her with a shout. “Lily, you alright? Concentrate on this one! Razor Leaf!” She swings as she calls out orders, a bit hampered by the things holding her still.

    Spoiler
    Show

    I'm calling the top tattoo on my board as 3 and the bottom one as 4, to let you know.

    Aloriana will use Metal Claw as a standard action on Tattoo 3: AC 3 (1d20)[9] Damage (1d8+16)[21] Also the target loses a tick of HP since Aloriana was hit by it this round due to Steelheart.
    She will use Focused Training as orders on Lily as a swift action to increase her bonus to accuracy to +2.

    Lily moves to Flank Tattoo 3 with Aloriana moving directly above it, avoiding AoO's if possible.
    Lily will use Razor Leaf in a cone that only hits Tattoo 3. AC 4 (1d20+2)[20] Damage (2d8+23)[35]
    Lily will use Grass Pelt as a Swift action to gain 2 ticks of THP (+12)


  15. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: [PTU] The Charizard Knights

    Moving quickly, Aloriana brings her blade back in line and strikes at the second tattoo before it can react. “Great job Lily! Help me here. Razor Leaf!”

    Spoiler
    Show

    Aloriana uses Bullet Punch on Tattoo 4 and uses After You on Lily.
    Bullet Punch - AC 2: (1d20)[19] Damage Base 5 (4 + 1 for weapon due to Steel Wind?): [roll]1d8+16 [/roll] 18 as per OOC roll

    Lily takes her turn and moves once more to flank, directly to the right of Tattoo 4, avoiding AoO's
    Razor Leaf - AC 4: (1d20+1)[13] DB 8: (2d8+23)[35]

    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2016-04-05 at 09:52 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU] The Charizard Knights

    Neils was beginning to rethink his genius plan.

    Theoretically it was a great plan, but things looked different with a massive firebreathing monster about two feet away from you while its semi-animate blue tattoos surrounded you. He knew coming in that there was a chance that he'd die, but he hadn't realized exactly how powerless he was compared to this thing. If Shinkina decided he wasn't worth the time, it was over.

    Nearly paralyzed with fear, it took a few uncomfortably long seconds for Neils to remember that he wasn't just waiting for the thing to open its mouth and swallow him whole. Right. Channeling. You can do this Neils. Just sync your mind to its. No big deal. Its not like you haven't practiced channeling angry Charizard mothers before. He wanted to reach out and touch Shinkina, as he usually used touch as a method to establish contact easier, but you couldn't pay him to move unnecessarily.

    Instead he locked eyes with her and tried to center his breathing, trying to use her eyes as a gateway inside her. It was hard to describe what initiating a link was like, especially when it was done almost without thinking when he and Rem connected. With a new Pokemon, especially a hostile one, it was different, as if there were two sets of emotions living inside a single body. It wasn't a connection of the minds, it wasn't telepathy. It was more primal than that, and it was impossible to lie. It was two creatures coming together in intuitive communication in a completely indescribable experience. An experience that might kill him.

    As he reached out emotionally, he tried to raise what he hoped to communicate to the Charizard. Full coherent thoughts were impossible, but emotions, ideas, concepts, those were what channelers dealt in. Clarity was hard, but lying was impossible, and Neils hoped this pure connection would keep him from dying. Humility in the face of power. The desire to follow in the footsteps of those like Maddigan. Desiring to be worthy of such an honor. Permission instead of theft. Respect for the sacred bond between Charizard and rider. A chance for a hatchling to rise to greatness.

    This was what Neils hoped for. He respected Pokemon such as Rem and the Charizard more than he respected his peers, and his experiences with Ibis, and now with Shinkina, forced him in a position of humility. Of great ambition to rise to the top, but with the understanding that now he was nothing more than one to be judged.

    He hoped that he would not be found wanting.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Soooo I have an exactly 50/50 shot at getting this with an AP investment. So here we go! Intuition to Channel DC 15. (4d6+3)[18] with +2 from Skill Enhancement and +1 from AP. 4/6 AP left

    EDIT: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! I may not die!!!!!

    While I don't necessarily expect you to give me a full list of Capabilities/Abilities/Moves for this baby (cause I doubt you've actually statted her up), It'd be nice to have a few fun tidbits so I can learn a bit more about her powers.

    Oh, and also her memories from the past hour, however much a 'vague knowledge' qualifies as. ;p

    Yes I realize that I'm not out of the woods yet, but I was really worried about making that check and am in general euphoria mode at the moment.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2016-04-05 at 10:31 PM.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU] The Charizard Knights

    "Interesting ability." - Harisson thinks as he gets some room to analyze this new opponent. Even though he had his senses expanded, the slithering lines were just too thin to be noticed by the breeze's touch, so he couldn't count on it to avoid attacks. As he starts planning his move while the charizard seems distracted, Harisson thinks about the boy he left above. "Never even asked his name." - he regrets, drawing one of his pokéballs - "Well, I'm still gonna get you an egg."

    - "Cepheus," - he calls as the beedrill appears in a flash of light, the buzzing helping him focus on the task ahead - "let's make this quick. Snatch and hold." - Harisson orders, with a snap of his fingers towards the eggs. He then quickly knocks an arrow on his bow, ready to fend the strange blue marks. He had noticed their elastic properties, so he would have to make sure Cepheus could take the egg without them trying to take it back, and he would use the fact that Kishida was focused on the (apparently) crazy purple-haired boy.

    The well-trained beedrill spurts a sticky string, which hits the egg with a wet sound. The egg then is pulled towards the pokémon, who starts ascending quickly as his trainer has ordered.

    Harisson smiles.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Harisson releases Cepheus above the eggs [shift action]
    He then draws his bow [standard action]

    Cepheus uses Threaded to grab one of the eggs. [standard action]
    He will then flies up 8 meters [shift action]

    (I'm not sure Cepheus should roll to hit the eggs, since they are not "an unwilling Pokémon or Trainer", but if it's needed:
    Threaded Roll (AC 6): (1d20)[20] )
    Last edited by Elyander; 2016-04-06 at 11:36 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU] The Charizard Knights

    Satomi
    Chantu gives you a short nod at the advice, pulling a sword from his back as he approaches one of the nests. As he closes the distance with one of the nests, he easily cuts down the tattoo tendrils that shot forth. It would seem your advice helped somebody at least. While you hadn't heard much about the gifts The Mountain had given Shikina, you did know that they were among the stranger in the Knights. The ability to animate tattoos, whether as tendrils or as weapons, and the ability to detach them, allowing the tattoos to act independently. It also would explain why Maddigan occasionally had tattoos and other times had skin as unblemished as a heavily-scarred baby. Either way, judging by how quickly they fell when attacked by Chantu, they weren't particularly dangerous on their own.

    Renualt chirps out a quick reply before beginning the slow process of burrowing towards one nearby nests and leaving you to begin work on removing the fossil.

    A few short seconds in, and you've already discerned what the Egg was. A Charmander Egg, almost perfectly preserved in stone. While bringing something back from an Egg was risky, it was certainly possible. It would seem your Sensei knew what she was talking about.

    Aloriana
    The storm of leaves shot forth by Lily literally shreds the tattoo creature, leaving the other for you to focus on. Two swift sword-cuts later, and the other creature was completely eradicated, leaving you a clear path to the blue-line-free Eggs.

    Neils
    You manage to slip your way near Shikina's mind, only to recoil slightly in shock. Sure, you'd Channeled Rem and a few other capable Pokemon, but never something like Shikina, and never on this scope. The sheer power of the Charizard threatens to overwhelm your mind before you center yourself. Surprisingly, you find no malice in the mind of the Charizard like you'd expect of a mother watching her children stolen. Rather, you feel mild amusement and a sense of duty. As you continue to reach into Shikina's mind, a brief flash of a memory from earlier appears.

    Shikina was barely conscious in the canyon, apparently napping while she waited for the challenge to begin. She'd had to dash over after flying Maddigan down in the grand display earlier, so it was warranted. Hardly paying attention, one of the tattoos encircling a nest impales a Raticate attempting to pillage the Eggs, the razor-sharp one dimensional construct tearing through bone and sinew.

    Oio, almost 'ere love. Wakey-wakey, you feel in the Charizard's mind, the voice distinctively Maddigan's. An instant later tattoos fly from across Shikina's body, slithering through cracks in the walls of the canyons even as the first of you appear on the hill.

    Inside the wall, you can feel some tattoos cutting through the stone, weakening the walls, even as others begin to chisel out two small caverns, pulling together rocks as tattoos bind them into vaguely humanoid shapes.

    An instant later, in the real world, Shikina still stares at you, letting out a huge jet of smoke with a snort. With a nod she gestures towards one of the nearby nests before standing tall, revealing a massive mess of tattoos stretching from her legs into the walls of the canyons. As you watch, tattoos across her belly begin t rearrange, spelling out a single word.

    Go.

    Harisson
    As you direct Cepheus to take flight and steal an egg, the Beedrill manages to shoot out a small net, retrieving not one but two of the Eggs before taking off, doing his best to outpace the tattoos, but to little result. Twin blue lines streak up from the mess of Eggs, arcing towards Cepheus as he takes off. The Beedrill dodges one without issue, only for the other to impact his side, drawing a thin line of greenish blood but barely harming the Pokemon.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Tattoo #1 Struggles against Cepheus!
    AC: (1d20-4)[13] Hit
    If it hits, Cepheus takes 21 damage before Defenses.
    Tattoo #2 Struggles against Cepheus!
    AC: (1d20-4)[-3] Miss
    If it hits, Cepheus takes 21 damage before Defenses.


    Spoiler: Perception DC 8, ALL
    Show
    As you go about trying to retrieve an Egg, you begin to hear slight cracking in the walls of the canyons. Something was going on in there, and you could only assume it wasn't good.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2016-04-06 at 01:49 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU] The Charizard Knights

    The beedrill had performed even better than he had hoped for. Taking two eggs at once was a fine work, one he would be sure to reward Cepheus later. As the beedrill rises, Harisson isn't surprised to see the tattos strike. In fact, he was ready for that, having aimed precisely their path as they leaped from the ground. "Oy," - he says, shooting and arrow and quickly aiming a second - "I'm your opponent here. Cepheus, deliver the eggs to the boy up there and return".

    Harisson had noticed the rumbling behind the rocky walls. Expanding his senses, he tries to see how everyone else was doing, and if anyone was in need of help in case things turn ugly. "Which I'm sure they will." - he thinks, sighing.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

    Harisson uses Aiming Down the Shots (+2 on Accuracy and Critical Hit Range). [shift action]
    He then shoots an arrow with Bullseye! at the one who hit Cepheus. [standard action]
    Spoiler: Bullseye!
    Show
    Bullseye - AC 3, Critical Hit on 13+

    Accuracy Roll: (1d20+2)[12]
    Damage: (2d6+19)[26] (Normal type)
    If critical: Extra (2d6)[12] + (3d10+10)[33]


    Cepheus will keep flying up, even if that causes an attack of opportunity [shift action]
    When he gets above, he will deliver the eggs to the boy.

    Perception Check: (4d6)[10]
    To hear the cracking.
    Last edited by Elyander; 2016-04-06 at 05:01 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: [PTU] The Charizard Knights

    Breathing heavily from her short burst of exertion, Aloriana looked around a moment after felling the strange creatures. They had left some painful, yet clean scratches on her arms and she took a moment to make sure she wasn't seriously hurt. She shivered a bit thinking about the existence of such constructs; it reminded her that the chilling events three years ago and shadowy creatures that were set upon her village. Perhaps they were more common than she thought. But they can be killed, so maybe not as threatening either.

    With the eggs just in front of her, these thoughts would have to wait. She walked over to give Lily a pat on the head. “Good job, girl. They scratched me up a little, but I'll be fine. Now lets get an egg and get out of here! Looks like she's run off to terrorize the others.” Aloriana walked up to the eggs and not really knowing much about biology pondered for a moment and picked out the first egg that came to mind. She held it under one arm and headed back the way she came, trying to keep her distance from any tattoo like shapes.

    I knew they wouldn't try to kill us, she thought, Just gotta get out of here, easy as pie. I wonder how the rest are faring right now. Maybe I should have a look at what others are doing. Aloriana altered her course slightly to try and figure out why that trainer had stopped in the middle of the canyon. Surely he hadn't meant to fight Shikina, the one thing they were told not to try? She'd better go make sure they were alright.
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2016-04-06 at 05:35 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU] The Charizard Knights

    Neils was shocked. He had assumed that this mother would be actively defending her eggs, but it seemed as if she didn't mind what was happening. He considered trying to see through her eyes for a second, but only for a second. Instead he quickly severed the connection and dashed to the clutch of eggs she had indicated. Slipping the egg into his jacket and nestling it inside the pack, he quickly closed the flaps and slung it once more over his shoulder.

    He began to dash for the canyon wall. He didn't know what Shikina was up to, or what those rocky shapes in the walls were, but he didn't want to find out. He wasn't a combatant, and he had no idea if he or his Pokemon would be effective against nonliving things. Would he be able to put them to sleep? If not he was in for a bit of trouble.

    As he raced for the ropes he noticed one of the sword-bearing trainees coming toward him. Run! he called to her. Something is going to happen, and we don't want to be around when it does. He didn't stop to wait for her reply. She would either believe him or not, and he didn't have time to explain. If she followed that was her prerogative, but his first priority was himself, and himself only.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2016-04-06 at 06:12 PM.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: [PTU] The Charizard Knights

    Satomi lightly kisses the egg fossil before placing it in her pack. I have all I need; the terms of the challenge were to take a Charmander egg from the canyon, and I have done so, she considers as she moves towards the place where Renault is burrowing. However... with Kasai-sama already questioning my inclusion into the Knights, perhaps it is best to claim an egg as a safeguard as well.

    She pauses at the spot where Renault's tunnel begins, looking around the canyon floor. Shikina's shifting tattoos draw her eye, and her fingers twitch lightly as she studies them. I wonder, are the tattoos themselves magical, or is it an inherent gift from the mountain? Perhaps Maddigan will allow me to study her once I finish this initiation. She looks over at the boy crouched in front of the Charizard as he leaps towards the eggs. He is shouting something; Satomi strains to her, a look of mild concern on her face.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Perception to look around the canyon: (2d6)[11]
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU] The Charizard Knights

    Harisson
    Your arrow flies true, piercing into the tattoo and dangling there, the 3D protrusion standing out starkly from the two-dimensional monster. Still, Cepheus is able to escape, disappearing over the side of the canyon for a moment.

    Of course, being the distraction is rarely safe. In a flurry of blue lines, the tattoos lash out, seeking to cut you wide open.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Tattoo #1 Struggles against Harisson!
    AC: (1d20-4)[-1] Miss
    If it hits, Cepheus takes 21 damage before Defenses.
    Tattoo #2 Struggles against Harisson!
    AC: (1d20-4)[11] Hit
    If it hits, Cepheus takes 21 damage before Defenses. Cepheus will be back next round and you can place him wherever.


    Aloriana
    Grabbing an Egg is easy enough; soon you have a rather large, surprisingly warm Egg under an arm and are dashing towards Neil, who had just turned to grab an Egg after fleeing from Shikina, seemingly without issue.

    Neils
    Grabbing an egg is easy enough and, without issue, you're able to scoop one up and begin your mad dash towards the wall.

    Satomi
    After popping the Fossil Egg out, you have a second to marvel at its mass before heading towards Renault's quarry, making quick progress towards your backup Egg.

    All
    With all of you having secured your Eggs, you begin to feel just a little safe. Well, save for Harisson, who had two animated tattoos trying to kill him. And yet, even then, he'd managed to return two Eggs instead of one, something to be proud of. Looking across, you can see that the other three initiates have managed to collect their own Eggs, and were currently attempting to

    That pride and safety is dashed instantly as Shikina lets out a mighty roar, quite literally shaking the walls of the canyon, and more. From every nook and cranny in the walls of the canyons blue tendrils shoot out, the once dusty brown floor becoming royal blue in the blink of an eye. The mass converges into two huge branches as Shikina takes flight, a wave of blue arcing towards each of the initiates in the canyon, driving you towards the far walls, even as it drives the other group away. If you sprinted, perhaps you could reach the wall before the tattoos cut you into shreds, but that would be a bit of a stretch.

    And, of course, you finally learned what the rumbling in the walls was. Even while you attempted to dash from the cutting sea closing in on you, you manage to make out outlines of giant stone golems bound together by blue tattoos, lumbering out of the side of the cliff.

    High above, Shikina lets out another roar, and the more eagle-eyed among you might just make out other Charizard hovering near the angry mother.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Athletics and Acrobatics against DC 25. You take Physical damage (meaning you also subtract Defense) equal to the difference between the DC and the sum of your rolls. Pokemon that are out must roll as well, except Cepheus.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2016-04-06 at 10:23 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: [PTU] The Charizard Knights

    Satomi's eyes widen as the blue on the walls burst into motion. Perhaps I should stand my ground? Then the giant golems burst from the cavern wall. No; this is the Trial of Courage, not insanity. She turns and sprints towards the far wall. Ahead of her, Renault bursts out of the ground, chirping happily, as he clutches onto an egg. Before the Kabuto can see what is happening, Satomi is upon him, scooping him up in one hand while clumsily grabbing the egg with the other. She stumbles, trying to shift Renault onto her back while placing the egg in her satchel with the fossil, and an advancing arm of blue washes over her.

    The tattoos strike swiftly, aiming for her arms and legs. She manages to jerk her limbs out of the way of most strikes; the few that land hit her flatly, stinging strikes that hurt, but do not wound. On her back, she can hear several sharp pinging impacts, as well as Renault's rising hiss. Worry for the Kabuto shadows her thoughts, but she ignores it, focusing on running. She breaks free of the blue wave and notices the other people around her. "Is anyone wounded?" she calls out as she runs, her voice still managing to sound calm despite the rising chaos around her.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sprint action to make it to the far wall.

    If anyone is adjacent to her and wounded, she'll take a Swift Action and use a Potion on them. They gain 20 HP, and Satomi gains +5 Damage Reduction until the end of her next turn.
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2016-04-06 at 10:56 PM.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: [PTU] The Charizard Knights

    That's him! Aloriana saw the purple haired trainer as he was running away. He didn't really need to tell her twice, her plan all along was to get out of here as fast as she could anyways. She took after him at her fastest pace with Lily galloping hot on her heels. Besides, I really don't want to see what he's running from.

    This bit of warning seemed to get her in a good position for what happened next. As the Charizard roared and blade-like blue strands began to coalesce, Aloriana had a head start on getting to the safety of the wall. Well, relative safety, as she beheld the stone constructs striding forth from the sides of the canyon like it was nothing. She held her sword behind her as she ran, slicing the air to keep the leading strands from getting to her or Lily and protecting the egg held in her left arm with her body.

    Aloriana has now been running and fighting for a long time, her hair had become a bit disheveled. The girl next to was asking if anyone around was wounded and now was not the time for bravado. She leaned against the wall breathing deeply, and coughed out reply, “I am, a bit. Those things got a hold of me earlier, but it's not too serious.” She was more worried about those stone giants, and took a one handed guard stance facing the nearest, the egg still clutched to her side in her other arm. I may need to send out my big guns for this one. Aloriana took one last long, deep breath to prepare herself for a fight.

    EDIT:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Status duplicated here.

    Aloriana
    HP 53/65
    Def 10, SDef 10, Speed 5
    Def Evasion 2, Sp Evasion 2, Speed Evasion 1
    AP 5/6 (1 Drained)

    Lily (Skiddo)
    HP 67/67 +12 THP
    Def 15 (+1 CS to 18), SDef 12, Speed 3
    Def Evasion 3, Sp Evasion 2, Speed Evasion 0 (+1 Evasion from Inspired Training)
    Inspired and Focused Training active. +1 Default Defense stage.

    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2016-04-07 at 01:34 AM.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU] The Charizard Knights

    Even with the head start, Neils was slashed from several directions by the sea of tattoos. He clutched his pack in front of himself, trying to guard the edge. He wasn't hurt too badly, but it didn't feel good either. Well, I didn't really expect to get out of this unscathed anyways, so it could be worse. After checking over his wounds, he noted that it was only his left arm with a gash on it, but that would heal up no problem with enough time.

    When the girl asked if anyone was injured, Neils glanced at his arm. He could deal with it easily, but it would be nice to get some medical attention, especially of this girl had medical knowledge. That said, he had no interest in being indebted to others so quickly in the process. I'll live he said, dabbing at it with his sleeve. I'm sure we'll get much worse in the future.

    Turning his attention to the golems, Neils reached for his Pokeball and released Rem. The Musharna floated slightly in front of him, mist pouring out of its body. Without facing the others, he gave a few terse instructions. He didn't know these people's battle experiences, but if they were going to work as a group, they needed to know how to battle with each other. I'm not sure if these things can be put to sleep, but if they can, ignore any of them that a put to bed. Your attacks will just wake them up. Instead focus attention on those that are still running around.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Took 14 damage from sea of tattoos.

    Neils, 57/71, Initiative 12
    Def 5, SpDef 5
    Speed Evasion 2

    Rem 90/90, Initiative 3
    Defense 19, Special Defense 17
    Physical Evasion 3, Special Evasion 3, Status Evasion 0
    Focused Training (+1 Accuracy and +2 Skill Checks )
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU] The Charizard Knights

    Despite his agile movement, one of the tendrils bends unexpectedly and is able to cut a shallow gash at Harisson's shoulder. Using the force of the strike, he swirls around, getting some room to prepare another shot. At that moment, though, his fears become true as the charizard roars with all her might and the walls seem to burst in a blue light, as the tendrils move in unisson trying to reach the candidates. Harisson reacts quickly, using the ground to take impulse and glide away, dodging most of the tendrils, excpet for one, which he manages to parry using his bow.

    After the dust settles and he makes sure he's intact, Harisson quicks look around, trying to identify every bit of useful information. The candidates start yelling, offering medical service or giving tactical ideas. "This is getting serious." - he thinks, appreciating the will of working as a team some of the others show - "Perhaps we can make this over soo... - What the..?" Harisson's train of thought is interrupted by the stone giants coming from the walls, but is the blur of a second charizard arriving that really gets him anxious.

    - "Uhm, guys? - he says, trying to make his voice clear yet not yelling, to show calmness - "I think Shikina's got company." He grabs his bow with confidence, focusing his senses in his surroundings trying to understand everyone's positions as they prepare for a battle.

    Spoiler: Mechanicals
    Show
    Harisson rolled a 19 in his Acrobatics+Athletics, which combined with his 7 defense, means he takes no damage from the tendrils.

    Cepheus will join the combat as soon as he can, hovering 4 meters above Harisson.
    Last edited by Elyander; 2016-04-07 at 01:41 AM.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: [PTU] The Charizard Knights

    Satomi glances around at the group, before moving to Neils. "Don't be foolish," she replies shortly to the boy, digging a Potion out of her satchel and preparing to spray. If the boy insists, she shrugs and moves to the boy with the longbow.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Swift Action: Use a Potion on either Neils or (if he refuses) Harisson. If they both refuse, no action.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU] The Charizard Knights

    The sea of tattoos pursues you all up to the wall, driving you into the corner. Just when you realize there's no escape from the oncoming flood, the tattoos stop short, slinking back and upwards to the flying Shikina, leaving the oncoming horde of tattoo golems very easy to see, as well as the giant wall dividing the canyon in half. Across, you can already hear the sounds of battle: it seem Chantu and the others haven't wasted any time against this new enemy.

    As it stands, nine golems are marching towards the group of you, stones loosely held together by a mess of tattoos. Above, Shikina lets out another roar, causing the golems to seemingly grow, marching forward with increased speed. As they stride forward a loose stone falls, knocking one of the golem's arms clean off only for it to snap back on with a heavy thunk an instant later. If you had to guess, these would be significantly tougher than the initial enemies you had fought.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Alright, time for a real fight! Initiative is up on the map, so let's get to work!
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU] The Charizard Knights

    Neils doesn't argue this time when the girl tries to heal him and accepts to potion. It stung a bit as his wound stitched itself back together. After quickly Channeling Rem, Neils slid backwards behind a rock. There was no need for him to be on the front lines of battle, but he pulled out a vial of dream mist anyways. Just in case.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Healed 14 damage from the potion. Swift Action to channel Rem.

    Neils, 71/71, Initiative 12
    Def 5, SpDef 5
    Speed Evasion 2

    Rem 90/90, Initiative 3
    Defense 19, Special Defense 17
    Physical Evasion 3, Special Evasion 3, Status Evasion 0
    Focused Training (+1 Accuracy and +2 Skill Checks )
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •