New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: [PTU] The Charizard Knights

"We could perhaps wake one of the Xatu, and have it protect the others..." Satomi replies to Selky, looking around. "Atomus seems to be set upon hating us; he would likely attack again if we woke him now. Perhaps one of the others will be more amenable.

I was about to suggest something similar myself,"
    Satomi says to Lori as she pulls out a Poke Ball. "Capturing the Gem will require it to place a lot of faith in us. It is also currently our only source of light." After a moment's thought, Satomi releases Guinevere at her side once more. "I am sorry for disturbing your rest, Guinevere. Light the way for us, please." The little Magby complies, a small tburst of flame appearing under her bill.

"Selky-san, you can see in the dark; Harisson-san, unless I am incorrect, your wind allows you some similar powers too," she continues lightly, looking between the two. "IF we must strike out on our own, the two of you may have to guide the rest of us."
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

RangerGuy

Harisson tries not to think too deeply about Friend's abscence. "I did tell him to fetch his tribe, so..." - he thinks, turning to focus on the conversation, before agreeing with the girls' ideas.

"A pokéball may be a good idea, at least until we can figure out how to deal with the situation." - he says, reaching for something on his bag - "Also, this could help. It will allow you to see in the dark, too." - he gives the goggles to Aloriana. "You are our frontliner, so we need you to be in top condit..." He suddenly stops speaking, his ears noticing the faint sound of distant warcries.

"Muk! Quickly, gather the birds and place them behind us." - he says, rushing to grab the first fainted pokémon and carefully putting it close - "Friend is coming with backup and, boy, they sound mad. We may need to guard the natus."

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Harisson gives Aloriana his Dark Vision Goggles.
    Last edited by Elyander; 2016-05-10 at 11:15 AM.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

Neils waits to see if the pokeball captures the gem as he shuffles the Natu around. Well whatever happens, that gem is not interested in staying here, so we shouldn't really be sticking around either. I don't know that I can help terribly much in this case though; I've done all I can to help it out of its bonds, but really this isn't my area of expertise at all.

He turns to Selky, so many questions in his mind. He only chose one though. Is there any chance that Teddy would be of use in this particular instance? It's kind of hard to gauge what we're capable of without knowing the team's capabilities. And Chantu: I don't suppose your Pokemon could move the gem like it moves metal? I couldn't tell if it was telekinesis or something else, but Zepar could help out in that regard as well.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2016-05-10 at 11:41 AM.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

"Just metals," Chantu states as he releases the Nosepass. "But maybe there's enough metal in the rocks that he could help a little..?" Chantu muses, directing the Nosepass' aim towards the

"Teddy? Here? Not nearly enough space!" Selky says, watching as Chantu's Nosepass does absolutely nothing to the Gem. "Maybe when we get outside though!"

"What if we just block the tunnel? Then they can't get the Natu, right?"

"And how do you know that won't just bury us?" Studs asks, looking at the ceiling warily. "And how the hell are we going to get out then?"

"Do you have a better idea?" Chantu asks, even as Aloriana taps the Gem with a Pokeball.

Compared to just about every other capture you'd seen, the absorption of the Pokemon and rate the ball went still was incredible. For some reason you suspect that, even if it wanted to, the Gem couldn't have avoided being captured. The cave goes dark as the Gem vanishes, save for the meager light provided by Guinevere's flame.

As the Gem is captured, a scraping sound resounds throughout the cave and, even as Selky begins to speak, Harisson is able to sense and Aloriana is able to see a new tunnel open up on the far wall, opposite the one with the Sableye sounds.

"Well, the escape route just became a bit easier."

Spoiler: Neils
    Show
    As the Gem is captured, a wave of happiness washes over your link before it is snuffed out. The Gem was free!
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Satomi sighs as she hears the scraping and Selky confirms it as an escape route. "This is still the Trial, then, after all," she murmurs under her breath. She moves over to one of the Xatu, a pulling a crystalline object out of her bag. She stops above them, the Revive held close in her hand. "I can revive this Xatu to give them a chance against the Sableye, but it may attack us as well if it awakens quickly. Shall I take the risk?" If she is given no disagreements, she bends down, opening up the Xatu's beak and placing the Revive inside.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If anyone has any objections, speak now! Otherwise, Revive on Xatu 1.
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #246

RangerGuy

"And leave one Xatu to guard all the fainted pokémon from who-knows-how-many Friends?" - Harisson says, trying to disencourage the girl - "Might as well just leave them all fainted so they don't see their doom." He sighs, expanding the wind to his limit. Grabbing his bow once more, he looks at the other candidates in the dim light.

"I believe we should face them. Not with arms, but with words." - he says calmly trying to figure what the others are thinking - "If we're gonna be knights, that's the kind of thing we'll be doing, so better start practicing. We took down the birds, we face the consequences." - he pauses to give weight to his words - "I will not leave them to certain death. I'll stay and talk to Friend, and if it fails, I'll try my best to fend them off. I can fly, which Friend didn't seem capable of, and I see in this dark as well as them, so I'm pretty sure I can get out of here if needed. If anyone thinks it's better to go, then do so now. Nobody will hold it against you." He tries not to look at Studs as he says that. Even though his voice was calm, his heart was thudding against his chest.

"Far more work than I deserve, Thadeus." - he thinks, turning his back to the other candidates.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Aloriana looks at the ball a moment before putting it away. I'll have a chance to get to know you later. Now we gotta deal with Friend. She puts on the goggles Harrison presents her with and they work marvelously. She listens to the others for a moment and makes up her mind. “I agree with Harrison, I want to see if the tribes can work something out. But maybe if Satomi can revive a Xatu they can talk it out. Still, I dunno if this can be solved just like that, but it doesn't hurt to try. I don't think we're in good shape for another fight like that, though.” Aloriana really didn't like her options here, but they didn't know unless they tried.

“Still, the way is open, so if want to escape now, this is your chance. I'll stay to meet them, though. What do we tell them about the Gem? They're not going to be happy.” she said nervously, grasping the ball. “Maybe they'll respect her wishes?” she shrugged doubtfully.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Satomi considers for a moment, and then places the Revive back in her satchel. "Very well. I can revive one later, if need be." She moves back to stand beside Guinevere, trusting her light. "I do not know if Friend will understand, or care. If the Gem could speak to them directly, they may understand better... Neils-san, could you channel Friend and the Gem at once, so that they could speak through you?"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

Neils stared at the group in incredulity. It was one thing to keep a Pokemon from dying, but actively helping them and fighting their battles, reviving them after they fainted? It was naive and innocent, as with this pitiful last stand they were holding against the Sableye, and it would get these people killed at some point in the near future.

Normally he would just run, but the thing staying his hand was that this trial still continued. I have no way of knowing what to expect from their adjudication, he thought. Meaning I have to take the route that leads to the greatest chance of success. Right now that appears to be staying ... unless Selky and Chantu decide to leave I really don't have a choice to stay either, as I doubt I could face enemies down here on my own.

In response to Satomi's question, Neils shook his head. I can channel mutiple Pokemon at once to be sure, but it doesn't work like telepathy. It's more like being able to feel the emotions and intentions than real conversation. The only reason I know that the gem wants to get out so badly is because I can tell that its terrified of Friend. It'd likely have a nervous breakdown if you tried to get the two to have a conversation.

In expectation for the coming battle, Neils slid to the back of the group, close to the exit to the other tunnel. This would give him an easy escape if things went south. He released Rem as well and channeled her; he needed as much firepower as he could muster, because he was sure this wouldn't end well.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

"This is mukking suicide," Studs says, dropping a Pokeball next to him, a blob of purple goo squirming about on the ground afterwards. "I'm so glad we can kill ourselves over a few dumb birds that tried to kill us in the first place."

"It's the right thing to do," Chantu states, although his voice is lacking some of its earlier conviction.

"I don't really want to walk through the tunnels on my own, so I might as well stick around too," Selky says, pulling her hair back into a ponytail.

Brawley simply nods at Aloriana, moving forward to the front of the group with her. He silently releases his Chinchou, the small fish providing a supplement to Guinevere's light.

Were it not for the cries of Friend and his tribe you doubt you would have ever noticed their approach. You hear the cries from a distance, echoing through the halls. A moment later a horde of bright eyes appears in front of you, shining off Guinevere and the Chinchou's light. Friend is at the front of the horde, and even in the dim light you can easily tell he is among the largest of his tribe.

The war cries stopped abruptly when the tribe sees the unconscious Natu and Xatu scattered around. More than a few look to the pedestal, confusion evident on their faces.

"What happen? Where Gem?" Friend asks, his voice somewhere between confusion and outrage.

Show

11. - Top - End - #251

RedKnightGirl

Aloriana gulps a bit and peers in the darkness with her borrowed night vision goggles trying to get a headcount. They may have bitten off more than they could chew here. She had never negotiated with an angry tribe of...whatevers before and this could go badly real quick if she didn't choose her words right.

“We beat them as you can see. Their leader was cruel and insane.” She started trying to sound confident and proper. “They had been torturing the poor gem for a while it seems, keeping it captive. I think it wanted out of here." She was explaining slowly in hopes Friend would follow her line of thinking and agree with her, but she had no way of knowing how they'd react with how little she knew of the situation. Hopefully this exchange would reveal more. Maybe she'd just rile them up worse but perhaps she could get them to ignore the birds while the group fled down the tunnel.

Spoiler
    Show

Aloriana will try to get a head count with her goggles on.
    Aloriana will try to charm the Sableye to improve their disposition and try to get them to see her punt of view. AP used. (4d6+1)[18]

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes, bad tribe hurt Gem! But bad tribe is gone now, so Gem can leave, come back with us! It safe!" Friend says happily, obviously pleased with you right now but perhaps not quite understanding what you mean by the Gem wanting out. "Gem can play with Rock more!"

Spoiler: Aloriana
    Show
    You count perhaps three of four that seem similar in size to Friend, and maybe thirty more that are all considerably smaller.

Show

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Satomi is... concerned by the number of Sableye before them, and by Friend's quick mood changes. If he switches from anger to happiness so quickly, the change back is likely just as swift. She stands slightly in front of Guinevere, aware of the Magby's current fragile state. A bit of Friend's statement catches her attention. "Friend... what is Rock?"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

"Rock is like Gem but Rock! Help Gem make more gems to eat! Rock miss Gem much," Friend states, nodding rapidly before looking around in apparent confusion.

"Now where Gem? Gem, come out! We want take you home!"
    Last edited by Arcran; 2016-05-15 at 12:47 PM.

Show

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

Neils continued backing up towards the cavern. He wouldn't leave ... yet. But if he needed to make a quick getaway being close would make all the difference. Friend, we aren't giving you the gem. It doesn't want to be with you. Please understand that it is alive too and deserves to be free. He fingered his vials of Dream Mist nervously: there were a lot of Sableye around.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2016-05-15 at 03:18 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256

RedKnightGirl

Aloriana didn't like were this was going. It really didn't seem like Friend would care or understand. To be honest I don't either, all I have if someone else's word for it that the Gem is unhappy here. But it was extremely willing to come with her in a pokeball. They would have to heal it wounds and whatever the Xatu did to it and if it really could talk, then she could figure this whole thing out, maybe.

“We're going see if we can make it better. The Xatu really hurt it. For the same reason we helped you, we have to help the Gem. But we have to leave and get back to our business. I'll take good care of it in the meantime. If it wants to come back when it's better, I will let it.”
    She too began inching away, fearing an outburst.

Spoiler
    Show

Charm to try and convince them to see her line of reason and let the party leave. (4d6)[16]
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2016-05-15 at 04:50 PM.

17. - Top - End - #257

RangerGuy

Harisson looks at the other candidates, who look a bit too jumpy. Things should be dealt with care not to anger the sableyes, but the others didn't seem to have paid attention to what Friend's saying. "Rock is like Gem? Does that mean we have another possibly captive pokémon around? Wait, Neils said she, so... Muk!"

He looks at the horde of sableye with determination, not fear. He thinks he still have the upper hand, so he wouldn't back down now. Specially since he had drawn some conclusions that do not bode well. "Neils, am I correct in assuming Gem is female? Because if so, and this Rock is a male, I might have a terrible idea on how they make more gems for Friend's tribe to eat. And if that's how it goes, I'll not leave here without Rock as well."

He speaks loud and clear, so all other candidates hear his thoughts clearly. If the sableye had really been eating baby pokémon, Harisson would not leave things that way, and he was hoping he could convince the others into feeling the same way. He also doesn't look away from Friend, his face clearly defiant, bow and arrow in hands.
    Last edited by Elyander; 2016-05-15 at 06:40 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

"Harisson-san, please do not rush to conclusions," Satomi responds calmly, keeping her eyes on the horde of Sableye before them. "Your theory regarding gem creation is plausible; however, there is no indication that Rock is an unwilling participant as of yet. In any case, an outright stance of hostility is not in our best interests..." she glances over at the bowman and sighs lightly. Though it seems that ship has already sailed. Renault, prepare." On her back, the Kabuto chitters and retracts farther into its own shell, its bright eyes gleaming.

Show
    Kabuto uses Harden; +1 Defense CS.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

As Harisson grasps his bow, Friend shies back slightly, looking at the archer with confusion.

"Why you want Rock? Rock is friend! Play in tunnels and find big caves!" Friend says in confusion, clearly having trouble getting the words together for more complex thoughts. "He move better than Gem! Keep us safe from bad tribe!"

Still, despite Harisson's aggression, Friend seemed more confused than hostile as he begins to speak to Aloriana.

"Gem hurt by bad tribe?" he mutters, obviously straining his mind. "If you can fix Gem that be good for her, but how I know you bring Gem back? Gem will want back, because Gem is friend, but what if you like bad tribe and make Gem stay?" the Sableye asks, a slight edge creeping into his voice.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2016-05-16 at 03:58 PM.

Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

"If I may make a suggestion?" Satomi interjects, looking at the Sableye. "First, let us talk to Rock, if you please. If we can meet him, then we can see for ourselves what's going on. After that, as an assurance that Gem will be taken care of, perhaps we can bring one of the Sableye with us? Friend, or another? This would allow him to see that Gem is being treated well, and would allow Friend to speak with Gem and learn from it whether or not it wishes to return. After Gem is fully recovered, we can either return them both to their tribe, or Friend can return and explain to the Sableye why Gem wishes to stay with us. Is that a fair compromise?"

Show
    I'll spend an AP on a charm check, and hope for the best: (2d6+1)[6]
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261

RangerGuy

"I do not rush myself, Satomi-san." - Harisson says, his voice as calm as before - "In the moment, I'm gathering information. I simply asked about Gem's gender, but Friend answered me that. She's female. He looks at Friend, who didn't seem as threatening before as he does now. "I kinda liked you, Friend."

Despite his thoughts, his stance is the same. "The next logical question is: Why isn't Rock here, Friend? If he's missing Gem, wouldn't he also come to help free her? What prevented him from doing so if he can move better than Gem?"

22. - Top - End - #262

RedKnightGirl

Aloriana frowned as the conversation took an unexpected direction. The way out appeared to be open, though she was sympathetic to the cause, she felt she didn't belong here or had any right to be making these major decisions after only learning about them a moment ago. The last battle had taken a lot out of her and frankly she was surprised it had remained civil this long. She wagered that would not be the case if they tried to take another prized possession, whether they were in the right or not. Aloriana glanced back at the rest of the group, wondering if they even would go along with this like last time. Would they stick their necks out for a stranger they had never met?

Still, Aloriana's goal was clear, she didn't want to leave here the enemy of both tribes. “I kinda agree with Satomi to have Friend or another come with us if they want to make sure we treat Gem properly and be there to talk with her if and when she is able, but I'm not sure we have any authority decide anything about...Rock.” She lowered her voice for the next part. “What if we disagreed or found something wrong? What would we do, beat them all up like the last tribe? Even if we could, that's not how we should do this. It bothers, me too, but maybe we can get what we need to know from Gem later and find a way that works for everyone. We're not full knights here and I think we are getting in over our heads before we finish our trials even!”

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

All I know is that Gem has absolutely no desire to ever see Friend again. She was terrified at the thought of falling back into their possession, Neils said, unsure of where the conversation was headed.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

"Rock not here because Rock too big! Small tunnel between here and home. Rock stay and protect tribe. Tunnel bigger, bad tribe be gone early," the Sableye states matter-of-factly, still eyeing Harisson's bow at his side warily. "If you promise no hurt tribe you talk to Rock," Friend states before another Sableye lets out a seemingly indignant cry, drawing a glare from Friend.

"No, they nice to Friend. Beat bad tribe!" Friend says, causing the Sableye that had objected to shy away. As Satomi puts forward her proposal, Friend is silent for a long moment.

"We no want to leave tunnel," Friend says carefully, looking at the rest of the tribe. "But we need Gem to live. Anybody want to go with nice tribe?" Friend asks to the swarm behind him, only to be met with silence.

"How about you leave something to come back?" Friend says, still slightly opposed to your plan. "Then you have to bring Gem back!"

Show

25. - Top - End - #265

RedKnightGirl

Aloriana frowned to herself. If she wanted this to work, she'd have to give up something of hers she really didn't want to. She could come back later right? Looking at Friend she couldn't believe what she was about to do, but this creature seemed much more reasonable and intelligent than she would have ever thought. If the priests travel this path every year, maybe she could too. It's a small trade to end another's suffering. Her mother would have wanted it.

“Okay Friend, here's what I propose,” she starts, her mind made up. “I'll take Gem with me, and get her fixed up. I'll come back when I can to let you know how she feels. I don't know when that will be or if it will be easy. I'll leave this knife with you,” she offers the old bush knife from her belt. “It belonged to my mother, when she was alive. She died three years ago protecting us from...something,” her voice wavered a bit here, still not sure if these creatures were responsible. “I will be back for it, one way or another, but you have to promise to respect Gem's wishes if she doesn't want to return, just as I will respect her if she does wish to return. You'll give it back whatever she decides,” she states firmly.

She makes a gesture at the unconscious Atomus. “He seems to be the leader and responsible for the Gem's torture. I ask you to please leave the others alone for now, we don't want the rest to suffer for his mistakes. If they bother you again, do what you have to do to stay safe.”

Aloriana turns to Harrison, “If you want to check things out with the tribe, go ahead. I'll wait for you to come back. I'm curious too, but not enough to go there myself. Does this work for everyone?”

Spoiler
    Show

One last Charm to lay down the diplomacy (4d6)[11]

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

"Give knife?" Friend asks, looking at the object in confusion, even as he listens to Aloriana's proposal. "Claws sharp, no need knife," the Sableye continues, before tilting his head at an unnatural angle. "But you like knife much. Much much," Friend continues, looking around at the tribe, seemingly thinking. "Enough to make you come, I think."

"I make deal. You give knife, bring back Gem when she better and want to come. That way we double sure that Gem come back," he states with an emphatic nod. "This best way. You choose see Rock or keep bad tribe safe though," Friend says, seemingly getting the hang of this bargaining thing. "You give one, I give one."

Show

27. - Top - End - #267

RedKnightGirl

Aloriana looks around at the others, “I think we'd prefer you to leave the tribe for now if you only will grant us one favor. I will be back for this,” she gestures with the knife. "I will come back and let you know her wishes, even bring her to tell you herself, but if you won't honor them then there's no point in us making an agreement in the first place. You will give it back regardless of her choice. You seem pretty sure that she'll come back to you.”
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2016-05-19 at 12:29 AM.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

"I second Lori's decision," Satomi speaks up quietly, still watching the Sableye group. "Leave the Natu and Xatu alive; I am sure that 'Rock' can care for himself. We will return for Lori-san's knife in the future."

Stepping over to Harisson, Satomi lowers her voice slightly to address the bowman directly. "Unless I am incorrect, Rock is a Golem, or a Rock Pokemon of equivalent power. The probability that he has been forced into some action by these Sableye is... unlikely."
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #269

RangerGuy

Harisson has to hold his tongue. He knows the group has no way of pushing things through, beaten and worn down as they are. And since they still have on Gate to find, putting that above everything else does sound like the best option. Nevertheless, it's still a trial on his own to not do something as the sableye uses the birds' lives as bargaining chips. He puts the arrow away and straps the bow on his back, expanding his wind for a moment, doing a headcount on the birds.

"I agree." - he says, managing to keep a level voice - "We have more important things to do for now. However," - he looks at Friend - "We will come back for sure. And since we have chosen the 'bad tribe', you will not hurt, punish, restrain or do anything harmful to the birds' bodies, minds or freedom. Is that so, Friend?"

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

"We keep knife say until you back," Friend says, looking at the knife with curiosity. "We no hurt bad tribe. No one here hurt them. You go fix Gem, see you tomorrow," Friend says eagerly, before he seemingly just vanishes into the shadows, the other pairs of twinkling gem eyes vanishing soon afterwards.

"Bye friend Harisson!"

Once again, the tunnel is silent, without a single sound as the Sableye vanish.

"Can we try to get out of these muking tunnels now?"

Show