New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Crush'd

1. - Top - End - #271
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: Crush'd

*waits for the collective awwwwww* *Adds in her own awwww in any case*

Have I mentioned lately how cool it is that people are finding people to love on this site? Because I love that. This is such a wonderful group of people, it only makes sense that some of them would be compatible.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Son View Post
    I'm glad you took it as a compliment, cause my sister's awesome; just not, y'know...my type.

And thanks for the vote of confidence on my taste. I'm not sure she's really a prize. I think of her more as a treasure, but I guess, since I won her heart, prize will do as well. Either way, she dances through my dreams and makes my heart sing.
    Yes treasure would have been a better choice. But I am too overcome with 'Awwww' to go and edit it.
    Character Stats

Phoenixineohp avatar by Trog!

3. - Top - End - #273

Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    Have I mentioned lately how cool it is that people are finding people to love on this site? Because I love that. This is such a wonderful group of people, it only makes sense that some of them would be compatible.
    Hooray for people finding each other!

To quote a famous person from somewhere "Woo, woo, woo the hot gamer chick..."

Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    @Ego: It has a lot to do with the fact that gender isn't strictly binary, and a person may find they identify more with the 'other' gender than they do with their physical one...
    Hear hear to that.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixineohp View Post
    And Jibar, haven't you noticed that their 'weird flirty nature' is only between the two of them? Don't you think there may be a reason for it? I would have figured you to be one who understood and 'got it' as the kids say.

Really?
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Let me just add a big old bundle of AWWWWW.

As for the gender symbol malarky, I figure, what harm can come of a bit of invested interest over the internet. OK so some guy thinks Jibar's a girl, if they start to invest interest in Jib they will soon hunt down his pic in the you thread... and waddya know that muffins really a guy, does it matter? If they express any kind of interest, folk will put them right, it's not like they are trying to arrange meetings in shady rooms for goodness sake. If you're happier with a pink badge than a blue one, fair play. As an aside I only have a gender icon to prevent folk thinking I'm a girl because of my name... I carry it everywhere I go... but seriously if you think about it nobody would fault a girl on this forum using the male gender icon to avoid unwanted internet advances (not saying thats prevelant here) so why is it wrong to spin it around 180?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
    I am now going to begin blaming everything that goes wrong on Charity. Just for gits and shiggles. And not even just things on the forums. Summer! Charity!

6. - Top - End - #276
    Dwarf in the Playground

Would you need skills as a Vet, or a Chef to properly determine the gender of a Cat-muffin?

Personally I think Jibar should keep the female icon, the girly cat-muffin avatar is cute!
    Spoiler
    Show

Watching television is like taking black spray paint to your third eye. - Bill Hicks

7. - Top - End - #277
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieRockStar View Post
    Of course, I am one to talk about crushes in the playground.
    ... >wants to ask, but suspects it's probably something I should already know<

You know Rex, that second "crush" is true

8. - Top - End - #278
    Banned

Well, of course it is, I wrote it.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer View Post
    I agree with FdL. If you don't want to say your fe/male, just don't put the gender symbol up.
    Or, just get your location to say that you have no gender. Like I did. And the gender-stealer did. Hooray for genderless people.

Zeb... wouldn't it be "uber-hot gamer girl", rather than "hot gamer chick"?

10. - Top - End - #280

tongue Re: Crush'd

Crushes leads to flirting. Flirting leads to making out. Making out leads to love.

A very dangerous path, indeed.
    LGBT in the playground - banner by Doihaveaname?.
    Thanks to Ceika, Dihan, Happy Turtle, Reicaden and Haruki for the avatars.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Closed Account

Crushes don't lead to flirting. Well, they never did for me.

Just me being lethally curious, would skipping crushes and getting right into flirting prevent making out from leading to love? Cause if it would, that wouldn't be that bad. You're still taking me seriously?
    Last edited by Khantalas; 2007-07-10 at 08:53 AM.

12. - Top - End - #282

Quote Originally Posted by Khantalas View Post
    Zeb... wouldn't it be "uber-hot gamer girl", rather than "hot gamer chick"?
    Meh, so I paraphrased.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

13. - Top - End - #283

awwww...I missed an "Awwww" moment.

Happy belated "Awwwww"
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

14. - Top - End - #284

Khan: At least around here, yes, it prevents making out to lead to love most of the time.
    Either that, or people don't stay together for too long for it to bring to love.
    LGBT in the playground - banner by Doihaveaname?.
    Thanks to Ceika, Dihan, Happy Turtle, Reicaden and Haruki for the avatars.

15. - Top - End - #285

Review, review, review, the myriad postings...

Aww!

Also: there's a Shiny tracker available, dear PxP? o.o;
    Should I check myself for nanoprobes, or just inquire why it's necessary?

To weigh in on the gender symbol debate; if I like you, I honestly don't care what your sex is. I do, however, care what your gender is, since that affects what sort of flowers I buy you; utilizing here a more-or-less conventional definition of sex as biological/genetic and gender as psychological/cultural. Knowing what gender role a person feels most comfortable with is a great help in interacting with that person, so I feel one should be clear on that point, but not necessarily on their actual 'expressed' gender.

That said, I would make a seething-rage exception to my somewhat liberal view for anyone who's attempting to be deliberately deceptive with malicious intent. Few, I would hope, fall into that category.

Also, Awwwwww again.
    Playground, you are so adorable. I wish to cuddle you, en masse. Even the ones who scare me oh-so-very-deeply in the depths of my quivering, pudding-esque heart.

Actually, I'd say it's perfectly all right to skip Crush and go to Flirt, if we're in agreement that those are appropriate 'stages'; Flirting serves as a perfectly dandy announcement of crush-ibity.
    Unless you want to get a klaxon or something installed.

Klaxon:
    AWOOOOOOGA! AWOOOOGA! Shiny thinks you're cute! ALERT! ALERT! Wine, roses and serenades imminent! AWOOOOGA!

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    Hooray for people finding each other!

To quote a famous person from somewhere "Woo, woo, woo the hot gamer chick..."

Trog is NOT famous. Why does Trog have to keep telling people this over and... er... excuse Trog for a second.

*takes a card handed to him by a nearby person and signs his name to it. The person smiles and dashes off*

Now where was Trog again...

WHAT!?

Oh fer crying out loud.... IT WAS A GET WELL CARD... For the Giant! He's in Trog's Satyriasis Anonymous support group. His message said he couldn't sit for long periods of time... but it's really been standing up that's been the problem. Ms. the Giant's a lucky gal. Yessir.

*blinks. Then looks slyly at you*

How YOU doin?

*Snaps a rubber band on his wrist* Dang. back to the support group.

*shuffles off*

17. - Top - End - #287

Note: when I stated I wanted to hug 'the playground', I am now almost certain I mostly meant Trog.

...there's a support group?
    Remind me to get a sponsor.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Regarding the Relationships Thread, since I know some of you frequented it:

Judging from the several PM's I've recieved regarding this, it was a popular topic. Due to some events that occured last week, it was moved so that the mods can look at it. As it stands, I am not allowed to reopen the thread as it would fall under reposting a locked thread. Hopefully, once the mods have had a chance to go over it, we will get it back, but not before then.

I apologize for this and if we get it back, hopefully it will go much smoother. I do want to thank everyone who participated and gave advice- it was very much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Syka
    Show me how pretty the world is
    'Cause I envy the way that you move
    'Cause I want something a little bit louder
    'Cause you're brilliant when you try
    Show me how pretty the whole world is tonight
    -Matt Nathanson "Pretty the World"

Various Syka-Foxes done by the wonderful Ceika

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks for the update, Syka - it's hard to lurk in a thread that's dissappeared, you know?

"This is Mr. Mandible Bones, of Goodfellow AFB, Texas, USA. He... cannot be seen. Mr. Bones, would you stand UP please?"

*crickets chirp*

"Mr. Bones has learned the first rule of Not Being Seen - don't stand up. However, the mods have taken away the thread in which he was lurking."

*loud explosion*

"And now for something completely different."
    Last edited by MandibleBones; 2007-07-10 at 12:28 PM.
    Mandible Bones, the Worst Pirate Ever.
    I prepared explosive rum this morning.
    Homebrew 3.5 base class: The Iron Chef

20. - Top - End - #290

I hope we get to find out why the Relationships thread was moved..... and I hope it was nothing I said :( though I don't think it can have been.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

And also, that someone would develop a crush on Amotis is hardly surprising. He is, after all, awesome. But... well... why is it that the disconnect happened at Amotis' gender, and not at me?
    I didn't get this when I read it.

Why would his posting more in FB than I do have anything to do with it? I'm not asking why he has the crushes, I'm asking why the awkwardness is springing from his use of an 'incorrect' gender symbol, instead of that fact that he's in a relationship?
    I don't get a lot from this either.
    Amotis is the one supposed to be in a relationship? Well, that's the first time I've known or thought about it...See, I don't know if it's relevant, as the concept of crush is generally one-sided.

@Ego: It has a lot to do with the fact that gender isn't strictly binary, and a person may find they identify more with the 'other' gender than they do with their physical one... hypothetically, at any rate.
    Well, gender IS binary, at least biologically. I understand your point(s) here, but then the whole point of having a gender is lost. Don't know what the idea of having one was in the first place, because suddenly something as simple of knowing the gender of your interlocutor seems to be a crazy proposition in this forums.

Heh...You know? I don't want to annoy or bother anyone here...I'm getting kinda tired of the subject I brought myself to this thread... :p I think I'm going to take some time off these forums because it's turning kinda uncomfortable and well, tiresome...

I don't think my absence would be noticed, anyway, I'm the first person to admit I'm not a very good contributor to this community, in any way. Though I do like being here... :s

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FdL View Post
    Well, gender IS binary, at least biologically. I understand your point(s) here, but then the whole point of having a gender is lost. Don't know what the idea of having one was in the first place, because suddenly something as simple of knowing the gender of your interlocutor seems to be a crazy proposition in this forums.
    I don't think my absence would be noticed, anyway, I'm the first person to admit I'm not a very good contributor to this community, in any way. Though I do like being here... :s
    He's speaking more from the psychological side of things. I believe sex is the biological term.
    We have like three threads where this kind of conversation has risen.

I would also like to say that you are one of the posters I look forward to reading the replies of.
    "Recently posted by Fdl" always fills me with joyful anticipation. If you would like time off, then by all means do, but don't think you won't be missed.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

FdL, don't take time off just cause you don't agree with a couple people. :P I haven't agreed with everyone on here, but we still get on fine. It's just a matter of how the disagreements are handled.

And just because you don't contribute a lot doesn't mean that you are not contributing to the forum. Stop being so hard on yourself.

Cheers,
    Syka
    'Cause I envy the way that you move
    'Cause I want something a little bit louder
    'Cause you're brilliant when you try
    Show me how pretty the whole world is tonight
    -Matt Nathanson "Pretty the World"

Various Syka-Foxes done by the wonderful Ceika

24. - Top - End - #294
    Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Syka View Post
    And just because you don't contribute a lot doesn't mean that you are not contributing to the forum. Stop being so hard on yourself.
    Agreed. I don't contribute anything and I'm still here. Not contributing much is no excuse to leave!

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FdL View Post
    I didn't get this when I read it.

I don't get a lot from this either.
    Amotis is the one supposed to be in a relationship? Well, that's the first time I've known or thought about it...See, I don't know if it's relevant, as the concept of crush is generally one-sided.

Heh...You know? I don't want to annoy or bother anyone here...I'm getting kinda tired of the subject I brought myself to this thread... :p I think I'm going to take some time off these forums because it's turning kinda uncomfortable and well, tiresome...

Ok, it's likely you won't respond to this (and might not even read it), but I feel like I should clarify: Amotis is my boyfriend. I missed the part where this wasn't obvious, but enough people have demonstrated confusion that I am forced to conclude we weren't as clear as I thought we were about the relationship. Do my comments make more sense now?

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Amotis is my boyfriend.
    And you two are such a cute couple too.

27. - Top - End - #297

One of the reasons I was upset when you and Thes broke off for that little while is because I wanted the couples in the playground to gather together and have an impartial judge determine which of us was the "cutest couple in the playground."

Seriously...Lord Herman should make that a thread. I'm not sure who'd get my vote at this point...
    Last edited by ZombieRockStar; 2007-07-10 at 09:09 PM.
    Remember when I had an avatar?

28. - Top - End - #298

Seriously...Lord Herman should make that a thread. I'm not sure who'd get my vote at this point...

OO OO OO

MEMEMEMEMEMEMEME! *waves hand*

Wait........I need to find someone first...........
    Last edited by Bookman; 2007-07-10 at 09:21 PM.
    Ceikatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer
    Homeschoolers pwn
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibar
    Hey, whatja know.
    Homeschoolers do pwn.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Colossus in the Playground

One of the reasons I was upset when you and Thes broke off for that little while is because I wanted the couples in the playground to gather together and have an impartial judge determine which of us was the "cutest couple in the playground."
    "Us"?!

>crawls under rock again<

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok, it's likely you won't respond to this (and might not even read it), but I feel like I should clarify: Amotis is my boyfriend. I missed the part where this wasn't obvious, but enough people have demonstrated confusion that I am forced to conclude we weren't as clear as I thought we were about the relationship. Do my comments make more sense now?
    Hell yeah.

Of course, I think there was no reason why I should have known this, besides a couple of hints around (I had my suspicions). It's not like it was on a sticky, maybe your closest playgrounders did know but I think it's far from common knowledge (ie, it's not a sticky :p)

Again, I don't think you need to "come clean" or whatever about any relationship you have. I don't have any right to ask you to do so. I apologize if I made you and Amotis or whoever uncomfortable. It was never my intention. It's just that sometimes it's hard to communicate with subtleties and ambiguity. (Me = zero social skills)

Anyway, congratulations on your relationship, I feel happy for you both because you are both really nice people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    I would also like to say that you are one of the posters I look forward to reading the replies of.
    "Recently posted by Fdl" always fills me with joyful anticipation. If you would like time off, then by all means do, but don't think you won't be missed.
    You made me laugh with this :D I love sarcastic humor :)
    Seriously, thanks for the comment, I do appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Syka View Post
    FdL, don't take time off just cause you don't agree with a couple people. :P I haven't agreed with everyone on here, but we still get on fine. It's just a matter of how the disagreements are handled.

Well, it's not at all because I don't agree with people. I can't help to think the way I think, though many times I seem to be wrong.
    I am the problem, I know it.
    There are many people here who are kind and friendly and totally great. And it's really good to say I know you, at least a little from what I read about you. The whole community is very warm and family-like to an extent. But I don't know why I feel like I don't fit.

But anyway, Syka, I think I've told you before how much you rule. But here it is again. *hug*