New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Imp

Default we are some irate pirates real swashbucklin buckaneers- skulls and shackles (PF)

chapter 1: the wormwood mutiny

you all begin to wake up from one of the strangest dream of your life... all at once you feel the last nights merry making.... trials... or drugs kick in.... your stomach does back flips from the cheap drugs used on you in order to bring you here... your head bangs with each heartbeat... painful soreness descends on your bodies, you still feel the swaying and dizzying imbalance from the booze you drank last nig-... its more than that... you look around.... your in a dark... damp and cramped room filled with hammocks... the entire room sways with you, i begins to dawn that although you may be sick... it may not be from the drink... the entire room creeks and groans as though it suffers the same torment as you... you taste some blood in your mouth, a cut or bruise you do not remember getting... but that is the least of your worries, you have been press ganged into a ship... that much is certain around you you see the others begin to stir... only a handful of bodies are visible... about five counting yourself... each of you can barely stand, let alone keep your balance.... one of your group.... a half-elf... remains asleep

Spoiler: what yo see around you
    Show

Spoiler: thellan
    Show
    you feel your thigh hurt a bit more than most of you.... when you check on it... there is a bite mark exactly where the key bit you in your dream.... must have been a rat or something.... right? your brass knuckles are well hidden on your person

Spoiler: arthur
    Show
    in your hair.... you have some strange... gooey substance in it.... it smells sweet.. like... like... jell-o?

Spoiler: tobias
    Show
    your body reaks of alchohol, gun powder... and strange enough... it would appear you have stone fragments scattered around your body...

Spoiler: henry
    Show
    your dark energies are a little bit amped up... you almost taste it in your mouth, the music still remains in your head from the dream

Spoiler: mayanga
    Show
    you are still asleep... i would rush the practice if i were you :3...

Edit: wake up at your own time, but just remember to add those items to your inventory

Spoiler: for everyone
    Show
    you have a moment to get your barrings... take this time to talk with each-other and figure all * just points around at everyone* this out.... have fun... you wont be having this much time alone for much longer
    Last edited by 1Freakinninja; 2016-04-08 at 01:24 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: we are some irate pirates real swashbucklin buckaneers- skulls and shackles (PF)

Thellan

Thellan pushes himself to his feet. His head hurts, his body hurts and his guts are on fire.
    "I dunno what happened, but I am used to fighting and drinking and I don't remember **** ... and all my stuff is gone." He looks at the others. They look to be in a similar state. It seems we are all victims here.
    "Seems we have all have been recruited, I hope you are all not green horns."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: we are some irate pirates real swashbucklin buckaneers- skulls and shackles (PF)

Henry Longfellow

The big man wakes with a start, hands immediately grabbing at his head as if to make sure it's still attached. Abruptly he kips up in a half-crouch, hoofed feet thumping solidly on the planks of the ship. He looks around slowly, resisting the instinctive pressure of his tusks and instead takes a deep breath, trying to identify his surroundings. The salty sea air and the sway of the ship is unmistakable, but he ignores them and focuses deeper, trying to take a head count.

He continues to look for a weapon while also pointedly growling at the others, "Who the **** are you?"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Thellan

Thellan laughs. "I assume we are all pretty much in the same boat." He looks around the room. "Well, ship I guess. We have all been recruited."
    Last edited by HappyMerecat; 2016-04-08 at 04:10 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

RangerGuy

Arthur

Arthur wakes up rubbing the back of his head, looks around the room, smells the air, and groggily begins to speak, "What the hell happened? I had a few drinks at a tavern then walked to the shore and the next thing I know, I'm out at sea with you bunch. Don't mind the bein at sea part, but the rest...", pauses for a second, "What do you mean recruited?"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Henry walks about the room, never quite turning his back on the others. He tests the strength of the walls, examines items, looks for loose boards, and measures angles and distances in his mind for a coming fight.

He continues to speak with Thellen, since he was the only one awake before himself apparently."How long have you been awake? Were you in port last night?" More broadly: "Don't just stand there. Find something and get ready to rush the door when they open it."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Thellan

Thellen looks at Arthur. "Press ganged I think it the term. Someone needed more crew. We, at least myself, has been drugged and beaten and brought into a ship. At least that is the only guess that makes sense to me."

Thellen then looks to Henry and laughs. "Slow down buddy. I have taken enough abuse for the moment. I am all for freedom, but the people outside that door are the ones who put us here and disarmed us. If I am gonna launch an attack, I'll do it when we have a clue what is going on and who did it and at a time of my choosing, not when they are ready for an assault."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

The large, brown-skinned half-elf stirs, moaning with a quiet, but surprisingly throaty voice. "Gah, my head. What... where I am?" He says, rising slowly as he looks around. "Well, don't tell me I signed up on a ship while drunk again. But... hm, I remember you from the bar. Well, well," he says, as much to himself as to anyone else, as he lets his eyes get used to the dusk and feels his neck, sash and vest.
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

RangerGuy

While Thellen is talking, Arthur feels some gooey substance in his hair, pulls it little off and smells and tastes it with a mild look of confusion on his face. "'Press ganged' means nothing to me.

He turns to the bearded one, "I do agree with slick here, trying to fight our way out against an unknown enemy who has all our stuff seems like a rather poor decision. If they wanted us dead, we would be."

Then addressing the recently awoken, "I doubt you signed up for anything, as far as I can tell, none of us are here of our own choice."
    Last edited by Barebates; 2016-04-08 at 05:22 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Henry

"'Press ganged' means taken against our will and made to swab decks and hoist sails on a ship. It's an experience that I had hoped to avoid repeating. The question is, by whom? Pirates? Navy? Merchant marine? Not that there's much inherent difference..." he grumbles.

He calms down for the moment, but his eyes never stop moving. If the others won't rush the door with him, it would be suicide to try alone, much as it pained him to admit.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Bloody Abyss, not again" groans the handsome, gold-haired man currently sitting in a pile-like fashion in the corner. He gives himself a little shake, before jumping to his feet, hand moving to his side... to find nothing. "Oh, BLOODY ABYSS, not Again!!!" he says, looking down to find his rapier, and everything else, taken away. Only then does Tobias look around the room, taking in his partners. "Press ganged?! I never kissed a queen! Or was it sleep with a coin? Can never remember the rules properly..." he mutters below his breath before shaking his head and striking a pose. "Right then, chaps! What is our plan for escape, hmm? Or at least our plan for survival!" He looks around for something, anything to strap to his side.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Perception test to look for a stick or something similar (1d20+4)[14]

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Thellen

"My plan for now is to live and learn or learn so we can live and go from there. They didn't go through all this effort to just kill us."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

"We´ll just wait and see, then," the half-elf says, feeling his head and stretching his limbs to get the blood moving properly again. "If you´re right, we can´t escape just now... but one day, there just may be a hell to pay."

Granted, he didn´t mind adventures, but no child of the waves liked being taken against his will. They could have simply asked... and they didn´t. "Either way, fate has brought us here and we may need to spend some time together, so it would be fitting to know each other. I am called Mayanga, of the Samale-Bonuwat."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Henry is still pacing, trying to talk himself out of a fight, eyes on the door.

"Henry Longfellow," he mutters. It's a lie, but that hardly matters. It's as good a name as any, and he tends to change his name like another man his socks.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Thellen

"I am Thellen...what is Samale-Bonuwat?"

16. - Top - End - #16

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Genth View Post

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Perception test to look for a stick or something similar [roll0]
    Spoiler: spoiler
    Show
    you do find a stick... a club in fact... it is very well maintained and even has metal studs in it... all polished and beautifully adorned with, yes in fact... those are diamond tips! it seems to be getting closer.. oh it must like you so mu-... oh **** theres a hand attached to it... and an arm... and a ugly face.... oh bollocks....

well... henery longfellow.... i would like to personally welcome you to the wormwood.... in me' own... special way... a whip flies through the darkness of the ship, the first strike nicks the hand of the brutish gentleman, the second is far more precise, its strike hits the rope of mayagnas hammock causing it and the bard to fall onto the hardwood floor in a huff... there emerges the source of the voice... an ugly man, clad in a wax covered leather coat, his entire form looks as though to be made of mishapened wax... contorted into a vile, repulsive grin... Still abed with the sun over the yardarm?
    On your feet, ye filthy swab! Get up on
    deck the lot of ya'. and report for duty before Cap’n
    Harrigan flays your flesh into sausage skins
    and has Fishguts fry ye up for breakfast!”
    as he finished his threats... about six other almost as ugly crewmen appear behind him... all weilding billy clubs, waiving them around threateningly do i need to repeat myself?
    Last edited by 1Freakinninja; 2016-04-09 at 11:42 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Thellen

Thellen nods. A bunch of armed guys and with the threats. He shrugs and starts heading to the door.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Mayanga

Mayange nodded to Tellen, and was about to explain when the door opened and the godsdamned whip-wielding scum interrupted. He tried to instinctively avoid the whip. Aspis thugs? Maybe not, by the look of it. He doubted they were of any decent navy, certainly. It was time to see what the stars had in store for him. "I'll tell that story later," he whispered as he nodded.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Henry sneers at the man, and this time he can't help but let his tusks have free reign, as they rip through the flesh of his face, tips decidedly sharp and covered with his own blood.

He keeps his head, though, and follows, watching for an opening and trying to judge just how far out to sea they are and whether the distance is swimmable. He also wonders if he could "accidentally" gore one of the six underlings, out of spite.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

RangerGuy

Arthur sees the tusks fly out of the mans face and raises an eyebrow, still a little drowsy, he seems more intrigued by that than the captain's threats. But after a brief moment, he stands up, looking towards the captain, "Where..." he stops himself, finally coming to grips with what is happening and his grogginess subside, shaking his head and mumbling to himself, "god damit, not again." He speak up a little loud"No sir, tell us where you want us."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Tobias looks from the club to the man wielding it, back down to the club again, and then up to the man.

"My dear fellow! You appear to be holding a club most vicious!" he removes his hand, perhaps after a moment too long, and takes a dramatic step backwards, a wide grin on his face. "I take it then that it is under you and yours most beneficent cruelty that we are so presently engaged?" He smiles even more widely, and before the man can even respond, sweeps himself low in a bow. "Ah, I see you are not a man of words, but a man of action! Indeed shall I yonder atopdecks, for my skin would make sausages most disagreeable!" he announces before swanning off through the door as if he owned the place, and were not there against his will.

Spoiler: Bluff Check
    Show
    Check (if you allow this use of bluff) to basically just confuse them a bit. Did he compliment or insult them just now? I mean, he was smiling, but he called them beneficent, which sounds like a good thing! (1d20+7)[16]

22. - Top - End - #22

Imp

scourge lets out a sigh... brings up his whip and attempts to strike arthur with his whip

A. hits him square on the chest, scourge lets out a vicious cackle as you howl in pain, like i says.... does i need ta repeat me self!?!?!? get topside you worthless pack of ingrates!!!!

Spoiler: for tobias
    Show
    (1d20-1)[8]
    the brute blushes at your honeid words... until a sharp glare from the bosun... he moves behind the others from shyness

Spoiler: arthurs strike roll
    Show
    (1d20+9)[18]
    Last edited by 1Freakinninja; 2016-04-09 at 07:24 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23

Imp

Spoiler: pay no attention to this double post!!!!
    Show

forgot to roll damage
    nonleathal
    (1d3+2)[5]

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

RangerGuy

Arthus slashed by the whip lets out a yelp and begins walking to the deck, muttering to myself in druidic , "****ing bastard, you'll regret that."

25. - Top - End - #25

Imp

you are herded up the creeking stairway into a blinding morning sun... be it the shock of the whip... or the scorch of the sun, the pain begins to remined you of the last night... your drink tasted funny.... and you could clearly remember the face of your assailant at the pub that night... eventually you reach the topside of the boat, looking around you see you are not the only new recruit for the ship... a handful of other greenhorns dot the boatside... clearly different from the other crewmen by their lack of stench and somewhat clean clothes. other... more experienced crewmen hang from ropes, sit on barrels and rope. a kobold is even seen popping out of a cannon on the side of the ship, all eyes looking in one direction... as your eyes adjust to the rising suns glare you see the object of attention... two men standing- no towering above all, the larger of the twos shadow covers the party, he talks with the other beside him. the first is a muscular Garundi man with a shaven head,a long beard bound with gold rings, and an eye patch—clearly the captain. The other is a younger, balding man with a long black ponytail, wearing a long coat and carrying a well-used cat-o’-nine-tails. the captin hear the chatter going on from his crew... he raises his hand... all but one of the new recruits stops talking...

"p-p-please! im not suppose to be here! the-there must be a mista- *CRACK* the poor man falls to the ground... a hole in his head... ship goes unaturally silent even the waives go quiet... almost from fear... the captian blows smoke from his gun... amost uncaringly... the man next to him looks as though he just lost his lunch... the captian cracks his neck and clears his throat... he turns to the party... smiling as though nothing had happened. "Glad you could join us at last! Welcome to the Wormwood! My thanks for ‘volunteering’ to join my crew. I’m Barnabas Harrigan. That’s Captain Barnabas Harrigan to you, not that you’ll ever need to address me. I have only one rule—don’t speak to me. I like talk, but I don’t like your talk. Follow that rule and we’ll all get along fine. “Oh, and one more thing. Even with you new recruits, we’re still short-handed, and I aim to keep what crew I have. There’ll be a keelhaulin’ for anyone caught killin’ anyone." he looks at the dead body... its blood pouring on his deck, he gives a little chuckle "captain is obviously excluded from said rule... and it looks like were going be shorter now, so some of you will be pullin extra shifts...Mr. Plugg! If you’d be so kind as to make pirates out of these landlubbers, it’ll save me having to put them in the sweatbox for a year and a day before I make pies out of ’em... and... clean up the mess...”

captain Harrigan then begins to stroll away out of sight... mr. Plugg takes a deep breath... looking at the new recruits almost makes his ills dissapear imediatly.... instead of a pale complexion... a sadistic smile forms... a few of the crewmen give a quick prayer and toss the poor soul overboard, the rest of the crew disperses... after much effort to get down, Mr. Plugg lands on the deck, he pulls out a clipboard and a pair of glasses, he begins to read and gives a sigh. alright ya sods.... due to recent... incidents.... we are severly understaffed here on the wormwood.... therefore.... I is here ta see just who out of the lot of you are worth havin, and who gets to be swabbin.... first off, we are in need of a good ol' rigger... last one beat the captain at dice and well he looks up to a cage hanging from the aftsail... there is a corpse whose being pecked by a squawking parrot.... Mr. Plugg shugs, grinning you get the picture... now i want you lot to climb up to the crows nest... on the double or it'll be triple lashes for ya! he swings the nine-tails menacingly, kicking one of the other fresh meats on the rear to get him going

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

alright! first big roll of the game! everyone, if you would please roll for a climb check? the dc is 10 for each climb, since you will be only moving at half speed when climbing, your going to need to do a few rolls to get up there... so... i am going to say best out of 8 rolls win! good luck

Last edited by 1Freakinninja; 2016-04-09 at 08:18 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Tobias
    Show
    Tobias looks at the ropes and tries to spot a counterweight he can cut to swoop up gracefully and awesomely to the crow's nest. Perception (1d20+4)[7]

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Thellan

Thellan sighs and begins to climb.

Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Climb (1d20+4)[12]
    Climb (1d20+4)[20]
    Climb (1d20+4)[6]
    Climb (1d20+4)[13]
    Climb (1d20+4)[16]
    Climb (1d20+4)[22]
    Climb (1d20+4)[12]
    Climb (1d20+4)[22]

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Henry's tusks had quietly receded on the walk to the deck, as he struggled to contain his emotions. His step became just a hair lighter instead, as he prepared for a potential dash to the rails and a dive overboard, but he could see that was foolishness now, with no land in sight in any direction. He swore under his breath; his time would come.

He looked with scorn on the dead man. Life was only for the strong, not the weak.

At Pugg's order he merely gave a shrug and dashed up the lines with ease. It made sense; he had done this very task for six months straight before a desperate midnight escape from another such ship.

Spoiler
    Show
    base speed is 40' due to ragebred.

(d20+9)[20]
    (d20+9)[18]
    (d20+9)[18]
    (d20+9)[11]
    (d20+9)[15]
    (d20+9)[23]
    (d20+9)[16]
    (d20+9)[19]

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

RangerGuy

Aquaman thinks to himself, I'll not get lashed again. as he begins to climb up the mast.
    Last edited by Barebates; 2016-04-10 at 10:45 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

RangerGuy

Spoiler: OOC Rolls (stupid limit on one post per 60 seconds ruined my last attempt)
    Show

(1d20+8)[22]
    (1d20+8)[17]
    (1d20+8)[13]
    (1d20+8)[19]
    (1d20+8)[16]
    (1d20+8)[10]
    (1d20+8)[17]
    (1d20+8)[24]