New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: we are some irate pirates real swashbucklin buckaneers- skulls and shackles (PF)

Quote Originally Posted by Genth View Post
    Spoiler: Tobias
    Show
    Tobias looks at the ropes and tries to spot a counterweight he can cut to swoop up gracefully and awesomely to the crow's nest. Perception (1d3)[3]
    tobias looks around... but his aasimar eyes are still too overhwhelmed by the sun... by the time he finally sees the rope... Mr. pluggs arm is around his neck, a almost kind headlock.... hey there mate.... how are you doing... bit tired? his grib around your neck tightens gently... eye.... i can imagine that... long day ye must be havin huh?.... gettin drugged... bein press ganged.... gettin three whole lashes on your back *whistle* that must be the worst... during his little conversation... he has been walking tobias to the mast... two uneasy looking crewmen hold ropes at each end... they tie his hands, spread out, unable to escape... but do trust me.... angel boy... things will be gettin better.... he winds up a swing... and gives three painful lashings...

(1d3)[3]
    (1d3)[1]
    (1d3)[3]

after the ordeal.... mr. plugg takes out a knife and cuts off the ropes binding him... the group sees tobias fall to the floor, back bloodythere.. how bout his majesty just waits there while i finish with the others.... a few of the crew men in the back chuckle as plugg turns around to see henry coming out in the lead

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: we are some irate pirates real swashbucklin buckaneers- skulls and shackles (PF)

Mayanga,

"Let me guess, he's excluded too," the large half-elf jokes darkly to the person next to him, nodding surreptitiously towards Mr. Plugg. Well, captain, my captain, he thinks, you got us right where you want us, so we'll need to be playing this one your way. Mind you, there's plenty of stories what happens when an unpopular leader gets too unpopular. He'd need to learn where everyone stands, and fast.

In the meantime - when the guy with the whip calls, you answer, he thinks as he sets to sails.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Climb: (1d20+3)[13]
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2016-04-10 at 04:38 PM.
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

3. - Top - End - #33

Imp

Mr. Plugg rests his foot on Tobias's wound, pulling out a pocket watch to see how you do... an eyebrow raises when he sees the speed of which the half-boar makes it too the top, clearing his throat. that's quite enough of that now lads... you can all come down now, as for you master Henry, unferl the secondary sail while your up there... and make nice with your crows nest companion.... he should be in need of pleasurable company eh lads? a gruff nicer flows through a few choice crewmen, from up above the nest you hear a voice that reminds you of a tea kettle for the last bloody time, just cause I smell better doesn't mean I like men! a gnomes head pops into view, what appears to be in fancy clothing and a extremely fake eye patch... inches away from Henry's face... most likely tusked from the adrenaline.... ... meep.... darting back, another roar of laugher flows through the crowd. Once the remainder of the party have made it back to the deck, panting from strain, mr. Plugg resumes looking at his clipboard oh I'm sorry was that too hard for you? he kicks Tobias to the rest of them anyone need a break? Hahahaha.... he twirls the ninetails in his hand, clicking a button on the side, a pen appears at the end of it... he checks a marker on the paper now... back to business.... we are in desperate need of a cook assistant, therefore.... the captain has asked me to see if any of you can cook up some grub.... he pulls down his glasses and stares the party in the eye ... well? Can anyone here cook?

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

I swear to god the only times they are whipping is when the book strictly states to attack! Sorry!!!

Alright.... barbarian... I'm going to need you to do a little acrobatics roll or a sailors roll to not fall down into the ocean or make a hole in the deck, ok?

As for the rest of you.... if anyone has any ranks in profession ( cooking) now is your time to shine!)

Last edited by 1Freakinninja; 2016-04-10 at 08:00 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Henry scrambles across the beam, working the lines, practiced motions coming back to him.

Spoiler
    Show
    (d20)[7]
    + 6 profession or +8 acrobatics

Henry rocks back with a hand on a line for support, his hoofs now bare feet for grip, and peers at the place where the little gnome's head had just been.

"What's your name, then?", he asks in as kind a voice as he can muster. If this creature was the button of the joke of those below, it would serve his interests to make nice.

5. - Top - End - #35

Imp

your feet slip once or twice, still remembering how its done... but eventually you make it you the sail and back... you see a gnome in the crows nest visibly sweating, he wears a purple floppy hat and has a fancy cane that appears to double as a scope. the entire look of him, his white puffy shirt, the false eyepatch, the almost baddazzled atmosphere of him makes it look like hes a person playing pirate rather than an actual one. once he sees that you are not going to bruttaly murder him, he fixes his vest. brushes off his hat and gives a bow c-Conchobhar Turlach Shortstone the 4th, at your service!, you can now see that the crows nest is filled with little bobs and distractions... a actually nice job appart from the suffering that goes on down below, there is a small barrel of rum, a few board games, and a few drawings of a short woma- Conch quickly cleans up the mess smiling hehe.... m...make yourself at home.... its not often people get the crows nest... so the crew tends to make it a bit nicer for everyone... he looks down....just.... dont tell the officers and your in the clear

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Henry smiles at the little man and extends a meaty hand--about the size of the gnome's head--in an offer of a handshake.

"Henry Longfellow, at your service. Your secrets are safe with me, Conchobhar. It would appear I'll be apprenticing with you. What's next?"

As they work, Henry asks him questions about himself: his background, how long he's been aboard, and what life on this particular ship is like--mostly small talk.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

RangerGuy

Arthur climbs back down the mast, a little disappointed he was defeated by the boar-man. He stand quietly when asked about being able to cook.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Pity about that, Mayanga thinks, he might enjoy actually staying up there in the wind - but that weird man was hella fast with his hands. Sadly, he doesn't think he is a particularly great cook either, and he doesn't feel like lying just to stay indoors all day even if it means lighter work. Let it be what it may be, he thinks and just shrugs at the question.
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2016-04-11 at 10:26 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Thellan

Thellan drops to the deck, seemingly indifferent to his failure to win the climb. "Worked on a ship before, but never worked as a cook, but willing to try anything if you need a cooks helper."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

It takes a few moments for Tobias to come around, his fists clenched in pain. When he looks up to Mr. Plugg, his eyes are narrowed and his mouth twisted, rather unpleasently, in anger. Then, the snarl gives way to an aristocratic smirk as he pulls himself to his feet, and tweaks his hat, smoothing down his front side. "If I am your majesty, my dear ferine Plugg, that must make you a great king indeed." he replies, a little unsteadily, but inclines his head. "But naturally, it is not a majesty's place to do the cooking, lest you risk letting the other men feel too privileged!" he winces as he stands more upright, placing a hand on his hip and stroking his non-existent beard for a moment. "I could be a gosh darned good food critic though, do you need one of those, my Turbulant King Plugg?"

Spoiler: Bluff check to bamboozle
    Show
    (1d20+7)[21]
    Last edited by Genth; 2016-04-12 at 03:44 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41

Imp

Spoiler: for Henry
    Show

You spend your first day drinking cheap rum, playing cards, and occasionally fixing up the sails, conch tells you how he was a professional gambler in a pass life, he even teaches you a few tricks, he goes on to say how he was only on the ship a week before today.... so he wouldn't be the best to answer any real questions.... he does say however.... that he knows that the halfling girl with the violin might know something..... it could be that.... or he's just very much in love with her.... you can here her yelling and threatening from down there

Mr. Plugg laughed a bit, feeling a bit more confidence, it seems his arrogance has gotten the best of him yet again, he takes another look at your wound turning around he glances over to a blonde woman mopping the deck, he opens his mouth for a second... but gets a visible chill in his back when she looks at him, clearing his throat, he turns to the doorway opposite the one you came out of, MAP!!!! THE door bursts open, out of it comes a black streak, it runs up and tackles Tobias. Standing before you is a strange looking, and all none too exasperated racoon, instead of a normal coat... however.... you can see the very night sky in layer into every fur... panting, It quickly almost punches your back with its claws.... when it does, you immediately feel the cuts begin to heal on their own, as all this is happening, mr. Plugg is eyeing the group... he first looks at Henry at the top of the mast....of course the pigs the fattest..... he then looks to thellan second fattest... your now the assistant chef.... congrats.... he pulls out a cooks hat and throw it to you, with the magic healing finished, the racoon quickly darts away, you can hear the call of map being heard somewhere on the ship... mr. Plugg checks his board again, without looking up he begins to walk awaythe rest of you, get to swabbin the deck, and be glad all your doin today.... come tomorrow you might not be so luckyhe starts to walk up and away, snapping his whip at a worried looking kobold inside a cannon.
    , the blonde woman smiles at your party and throws you a mop

The healing
    (1d8+3)[4]

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Henry knows that look. "Who's the girl?"

He continues to make small talk.

Spoiler
    Show
    If I remember correctly, there's something about being able to take an action during the day while working--sneaking about, influencing crew members, working diligently, and the like (if you remember, the time I played this campaign before we made it to the end of the first day and then it fizzled out). Could you outline those options for us? It looks like I made my check for the day's work so I won't need my "work diligently" bonus, so I want to try to influence Conchobar.

13. - Top - End - #43

Imp

Conch literally swoons thinking about her, he pours another full mug from the barrel and hands it to you, drinking deeply from it first of course, he leans over the side of the nest and says in a loud enough voice for half the crew to hear who else but Rosie Cusswell! The fairest lady in the inner seas! Such a lass I would give my life fo-

On the deck the rest of the party can hear the gnomes poetic statement of love, one of your fellow swabbies, a halfing woman, begins to tense up, to the point where muscles seem to bulge, it gets to the point when her mop actually snaps in half from her grip, screaming, she runs over to the side of the ship and grabs a lantern and throws it hard and fast, the candle inside it almost appears to have caught fire from the force, it hits the praising gnome square in the head

Henry sees the lantern fly out of sight, conch being knocked back into him, a big welt now marking his face, he attempts to get back up but the lanes decent unfortunately hits him coming back down as well.... in his last moments of conciousness he mutters what a woman he is now unconscious

Back on the deck, the halfing is practically frothing at the mouth, the blonde woman slowly walks over and begins patting her on the head happy place rosie.... go to your happy place.... eventually the red faced halfing calms down, and develops a calm smile.... she takes deep breaths and quietly goes back to work. The blonde turns to the group sorry about that.... there are some.... colorful.... members of this crew.... most are good people when you get to know them... others... not so much she looks to a goblin, who harasses on of the crewmen just a little ways away, shaking her head she goes back to swabbing ah... Where Are My manners.... I Am sandra quinn, Cleric Of besmara The Pirate queen... some here forget the rules of my goddess... And by her will they Will be punished...

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Henry bellows out a laugh as the unconscious gnome falls into his arms. He gives Rosie a salute and lays him out on the floor of the crows nest. He gets back to work with the rigging, but not before checking to see if anything in the nest is worth pocketing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Flask to fill up with the alcohol, weapons, items of value, etc?

15. - Top - End - #45

Imp

Spoiler: Henry's findings
    Show
    you don't seem to find anything of that great value, it seems to be that the crows nest is the crew take a penny leave a penny type of deal, you find two saps that were forgotten by some guard duty members, as well as 4 gp in loose change from a betting match, the blood on the first sap signifies that it didn't go so well... the real find is that the pictures conch were hiding were all of Rosie, each of which is unspeakably beautifully drawn... although a few are.... compromising.... a good handful are enough to be worth a pretty penny

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

RangerGuy

After being told to swab the decks Arthur grabbed a map and began working immediately. He sees the little one throw the lantern up at the crows nest and continues minding his own buisness. Once Sandra goes to introduce herself, Arthur will continue to work and introduce himself, "Greetings, I am Arthur Zygan druid of Gozreh, the god of The Winds and The Waves. How long have you been on the ship?"

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Henry admires the pictures for a moment before tucking them back where he found them. He pockets the saps and the gold, however, and gets back to work, checking to see if Conchobar is coming around yet.

18. - Top - End - #48

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Barebates View Post
    After being told to swab the decks Arthur grabbed a map and began working immediately. He sees the little one throw the lantern up at the crows nest and continues minding his own buisness. Once Sandra goes to introduce herself, Arthur will continue to work and introduce himself, "Greetings, I am Arthur Zygan druid of Gozreh, the god of The Winds and The Waves. How long have you been on the ship?"
    Sandra scoffs, "long enough to know that this is no pirate vessel.... just a bunch of profiteers that want to make a name for themselves.... *sigh*.... a month just about.... had it not been for the few honest... true pirates that walk the bilges I would have sent this vessel to the bottom of the sea by now! one or two other crewmen look at her with fear, some with hate, clearly she has gotten a name on this ship, and it's not the best one... ie.... though the numbers that have the true harken for the seas bounty are too afraid of the officers to do much about it... not i... she stops mopping for a moment, as though she has realized something ah! I almost forgot, I managed to "convince" the quartermaster to give me back some of my things.... as well as a few goodies.... on this ship... it's always best to be able to defend yourself ey? looking side to side.... the holy hellraiser drops something into the bucket, at least at first you thought it was a bucket.... but in actuality it was a very familiar masterwork drum, when she pushes the bucket over, you can see what appears to be a coat gun bump around inside the soapy water... she smiles at Arthur as for you... child of the seas.... don't think that my goddess isn't generous enough to give boon to you as well the mops wooden handle feels familiar in your grasp... it is your trident!... or at least part of it... the pointy end is missing but the spring and most other attachments are still in place, Sandra gives a polite nod, a smile showing a tooth as golden blonde as her hair, and goes back to swab bing the deck

Show

For the coat pistol and the drum, your going to have to wait a while before they are ready, the soapy and dirty water needs to be cleaned out and dried, so it will need a day and a turn to be cleaned out... as for the trident, until you can get back the top part.... it will be considered a Bo stick

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

The half-elf allows himself a few hidden chuckles, which become a bit less surreptiotious now that that damn man has gotten away from the deck. What have I gotten myself into, he wonders, but he picks up a mop and starts cleaning the deck. May the star-lady watch over me and my travels, he whispers and gets to work, loudly humming a slow, languid song (a bit slower than this), punctuated by drumming on the handle. He notices the group forming, and makes sure to sweep in a way to pass by them. "Greetings, ladies, and you, strange fella. That's been a curious meeting, no? Pity about the lad there" he says, subduing his grin as he nods towards the captain's first victim, before turning towards the three again as he makes a show of cleaning the deck. "I'm Mayanga, story-chaser and wind-listener. So, I take it this is a pirate ship - aren't they meant to be like that?" he adds, turning to the priestess. He keeps humming the whole time, but now it is a bit quieter.

20. - Top - End - #50

Imp

please dumbass.... pretty sure your trying to offend now Rosie speaks up, now using half a mop, real captains know when to strike fear and when to be friendly, can switch from rousing the crew to being a stone cold basted of the seas! You get that through your thick skull?... Harrigan is stuck on being a complete **** Rosie starts to work herself up again, her feet start stomping in rythem with your humming, Sandra give a look like a mother would to a child, Rosie takes a deep breath again and goes back to her job f*** captain.... all he cares about is gettin the name out there.... don't he? The crew use to be fully stocked! The meals were decent! Then he spreads that spiked rum to calm the cook and crew.... kills anyone who looks him the wrong way.... bloody pofiteer.... Rosie spits.... then mops up the spit.... she repeats this a few times

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, there may be a slivers of a good story about escape and vengeance here we might just whip up here, Mayanga think, and the corners of his mouth rise up slightly as he picks up the bucket with the old trusted drum in it. He permits himself a hint of a bow towards the pirate-priestess as he picks it up, before turning to the little fury with the even smaller mop "Hmph, believe me, miss, if I was trying to offend, I'd be doing a way better job. Now, bad rum though? That's straight bad of him, it is. Man can forgive a lot for a good drink. And the guy who's so friendly with the whip - this the bosun?"
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2016-04-12 at 04:40 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52

Imp

Rosie scoffs for a second.... then realizing herself, glares at mayanga. Sandra sighs which one? Be it first mate plug or his attack dog scourge.... whips fly across this deck faster than the winds... as for the drink... you can thank scourge and his many poisons for spiking all but a handful of drinks... even the heartiest of us can loose our edge to the vile brew... anyone.... Sandra goes quiet....

Thellan makes his way to the kitchen, as you enter a chicken manages to fly out following it are a few cleavers too weakly thrown to make it to the door, sitting before you is a heavy set man, the color in his face is a mix of vile green and red, he pants looking dazed.... he reaches for a bottle and downs the grog fast... he looks at you, and let's out a loud belch... the scent almost makes you gag

Show

Thellan, make a fortitude check to not be sickened from that, DC is 12

Everyone else, make a strength check with a DC of 10, then you can do your first daily action

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

That little she-devil can be a hard one, Mayanga thinks. Heck of a throwing arm, though. He just shakes his head as the Besmarite explains. "Well, that's just wrong, it is." Underneath the smiles and the easy behavior, he wants to make sure the jackasses who got him on this ship get what's coming to them, and he is willing to bet quite a few people on this ship think so as well... starting with these two women. "Well, that's just wrong, it is, on all counts" he repeats, shaking his head, then remembers to attend to the cleanup... for now. The humming keeps going on for a while - he knows how to carry a tune, and enjoys doing it to boot.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    strength check: (1d20+3)[14]

For now, Mayanga will try to get to know people and try to get a few to have a good opinion of him. There probably isn't much entertainment on this ship - maybe he will try to get a song going when people have a bit of free time and are gathering for a breather or a drink.
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2016-04-12 at 06:01 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Thellan

Thellan finds himself wordless.

Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    (1d20+4)[16]

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

RangerGuy

Arthur feeling his old friend in his hands grins, "Thanks Sandra, I'm sure these will be useful in the future. I personally don't know much about pirates, but I do know about slavers, and slavers like our 'captain' here all meet the same end eventually. If he spikes the drinks or food, why not call for your gods assistance with purifying the crews food and drink. I know Gozreh grants me that ability. He then turns to the other two, "Mayanga, pleasure to meet you and sorry mam, I missed your name."

Spoiler: Daily Strength Check
    Show
    (d20+4)[20]

26. - Top - End - #56

Imp

The large man shakes from the drink, it looks for even the briefest moment that he would regain some hidden strength... but instead he coughs a raspy heave and spits out some blood. He grabs his apron and wipes his mouth, cleaning his hand as well he waddle over to you, a few coughs here and there dirty his mouth almost immediately, though broken, he give as good a smile as he can why... you must be my new hand.... * cough cough, hack!* pleasure is all mine my lad.... oh that's right my name.... my name.... what is it again? he looks to a tattoo on his arm... then back to you Ambrose!!!! Ah yes, now I remember.... Ambrose Kroop.... though.... most others aboard this he hesitates .... rottin woodchip.... call me fishguts, up to you what you deside he lumbers to his chair again, his bones creak along with the ship, with a heave he falls to the chair, it almost gives out under his weight... after a moment he catches his breath, looking back to thellan "here laddy.... why don't you get started with those onions, it's soup night and we got to get somethin on the table his defeated look starts to fade away.... eventually you can hear gentle snoring coming from fishguts mouth.... the ship echos his noise as though they were one

The entire crew begin to hum along... but the song isn't the most cheerful one, they do their tasks to the beat and pay no mind to the source...

Sandra looks to the half-undine. Chuckling cure enough and the officers will get suspicious, and then some are not that willing to be helped... and more than not.... I'm... not the most favorite on this ship now am i... she says no more on the subject.... wanting to get along with her business and call in a night.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Thellan

Thellan begins to cut onions, pondering his immediate future. He wonders if Fishguts even knows how to cook. He wonders if the reason they need more crew is due to death by food.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

While running out a series of lines across the top mast, something catches Henry's eye.

"Oy! Bird! Come here!"

29. - Top - End - #59

Imp

The parrot stops eating the eye for one moment... it stares at you with murderous intent.... like a red lightening bolt it shoots to you, rrrrrraaaaawwwwhhh! Iye Iye ya son-of-a-bitch! the birb dives for you and immediately bites your face.... you might reason that it's a sign of affection.... so much affection that you begin to loose balance

Show

Birbs attack roll
    (1d20+2)[20]
    Damage roll
    (1d3)[1]

And make a climb roll for me

It can be argued that the bird thinks biting you is kissing hello

Edit for roll: you accept the kisses freely.... although painful, you control your anger by "hugging" the mast until it splinters slightly.... the bird stops.... it now sits on top of your head.... thinking it to be the dominant Victor of its new corpse
    Last edited by 1Freakinninja; 2016-04-12 at 09:13 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I suppose I asked for that. What's your name, Bird?"