New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Of Princesses and Ponies

It is a beautiful day in the last month of summer - a nearly cloudless sky lets the sun shine bright, bathing the Empire City in its bounteous warmth. A slight breeze stirs between the buildings and along the main road, on which many ponies - peasants and nobles alike - trot along, most of which heading toward an immense gate ahead.

It is the gate to the Castrum district, heavily decorated in banners of blue, white and gold; bearing the sigils of famous Guardians and the coat-of-arms of powerful noble families. Several Guardians, some clad in the blue and white uniform of their station and others in the golden laminar of the Royal Guard, stand about the gate, welcoming ponies of all sizes and shapes to the festival, and bidding those of age to attend the Blossoming ritual. Each of the Guardians bears a silver gorget, set with a shining blue sapphire in the center.

Several merchants hawk wares from their carts just before the gate, offering snacks - apples, grain bags, oranges, and various baked goods - and bundles of flowers, mostly rosemary and poppies. Their prices seem... relatively high for what they're offering, though. The businesses nearby are already almost empty, some of which are hanging signs for the festival over their doors.

Beyond the gate, you see statues and plaques, each with at least one Guardian at it - some of which are speaking to masses about them, while others idle as if waiting for someone to show interest. Among the statues, you see one of both Lady Crista and Lady Atria, both winged unicorns said to be much greater in size than any other pony. There is another statue of a grizzled-looking earth pony Guardian, whose stern gaze is cast down upon the entire area; and yet another of a kind-looking pegasus Guardian, whose friendly countenance does the same.

Whatever your station, the obligation to attend the Blossoming of the Heart has brought you here. It's not much longer until it begins, but you have some time to mingle in the Castrum district if you wish. The Guardians at the gate hail each of you, and most of them greet you with smiles.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

2. - Top - End - #2
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Of Princesses and Ponies

Emmy Stone

Emmy makes her way out away from the snack stand. Geez those snacks are expensive... yet despite her misgivings Emmy did buy two apples and they are in the process of being eaten. She could have bought twice that back home. Ah well. Emmy makes her way to the event.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Wish Sight trotted slowly, with bowed head which he has covered with hood. This little monk of Lady Atria felt so out of place.
    His place weren't between the ponies under the sun- especially at such festival which hosted such masses.. He tried not to trip on his robes, or crushing into somepony- all in vain. Having to apologize over and over.
    Wish Sight's place was in his dark room with his books, telescope and astrological maps he was requested to draw.

But the stars had different plans. He knew his life are going to change today.
    But how? He almost hoped, that it meant some grave injury... because the other meanings would be... Ugh. He shaked his head, with horror from the thought. His glasses of course flew away from his muzzle at somepony.
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2016-11-12 at 04:31 PM.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Cloudy Dreams smiled at the guards, as he walked through the gate. His mane and tail were tangled, having not be combed recently, and his plaid robe was a little frayed around the edges. He glanced around the square, looking for a comfortable spot to sit as he watched who came through the gate.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Zircon Facet

True to form, which for the record he always is, Zircon even on this festive day is busy doing what he does best. Or rather, worst, depending on whom you ask. Which is to say that right now, the cyan-coloured coat is busy attempting to make a good impression on the guard-pony who has greeted him, a beautiful mare with an absolutely lovely smile he simply could not ignore.

"-and if I dare say, your hooves are quite muscular. And such powerful wings too. I've never seen an Amazon such as you, madame!"

Suddenly, in his peripheral vision, the stallion catches glance of a familiar face. A familiar, green-haired face, belonging earth pony mare he knows quite well. Right. She would have come here too, wouldn't she. With a few adoring winks, he bids goodbye to the target of his advances for now.

"Alas, it seems I will have to go for now, my warrior princess. Perhaps we can meet again, once your duties have been fulfilled? I would love to join you in training." Only shortly waiting for an answer with a sly grin, he then sneaks off, heading towards Emmy Stone.

"Emmy! How wonderful to see you here too! How's the food? I've not yet had a chance to try any." he says with his usual jovial tone.
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

6. - Top - End - #6

Emmy Stone

Emmy stops and her ears swivel when her name is called. She turns and sees Zircon. "Well I'll be. How have you been, See?" The mare trots over to give him a nice big hug.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Zircon Facet

Zircon, with a big, goofy smile on his face, gently returns Emmy's hug. To this interaction, there is nothing suggestive or romantic. Instead, the stallion simply hugs her back like the old childhood friend that she is.

"Marvelous, darling, just marvelous!" he quickly answers, before stopping for a moment to wait for the hug to end. Once he is able to look the grey mare in the face again, he continues. "This city is wondrous! It's so much wider than Cannerly! Why, I couldn't even see all of it from afar! Imagine all the pockets and alleys there are to explore, without the need for wings to reach any of them!

And not to mention the ponies!"
    His eyes glance aside for a moment, following a particularly good-looking example for a moment, before he reminds himself that he is talking to somepony. "They certainly look like they know how to live the high life. We'll really have to explore a little once this whole ritual business is over. Mind if I take one of those apples, by the way?"

As he waits for his potential free snack (which will most certainly be paid back in other favors later, thank you very much!), he takes another look around, his eyes falling on Cloudy Dreams for a moment. There, they rest for a moment. The stallion seems somewhat cute to Zircon, but what's more interesting is that soft grin, torn robes, and tired expression of his. Perhaps that unicorn will have some nice suggestion for where to party later, if asked just nicely enough.

Which of course means Zircon is going to try and hit on him. Once he had his apple.
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Hail Typhoon

Hail was currently flying to Empire City as the right wingman in a small formation of three. While the trio had flown from Cannerly with only a couple of small stops along the way, it was far from the toughest flight he's ever done. The relaxed pace and clear weather was a nice change from the usual late night freezing gale winds. However the current formation leader had a different opinion.

"Are we there yet? Please tell me that we're almost there," the white coated and murky brown maned filly complained.

Hail gave a small sigh. "Yes we're almost there Kat. And stop whining, you're flying better than most pegasus your age do."

Katrina Typhoon gave a small snort. "It still doesn't excuse why I'm the one doing most of the wing work here. I've flow point almost this entire trip! Why me?"

The third pegasus, a middle aged stallion with a blue coat and black mane, spoke up. "Hail will need his energy for the ceremony. And your mom and everyone else are off to the south whipping up a sandstorm. Besides, if I didn't have some business in the capital, you wouldn't have been able to come. I know how much you love travelling to the City." The reason that Hawker himself wasn't leading the formation was already known by the two of them and was a sore subject. "Besides, I'm sure seven years from now Hail will be quite able and willing to fly you to your Blooming of the Heart."

"Sure," Hail said agreeing with his father, though he was sure that he would be able to keep up with his sister by that time.

"Fiiine," she sighed.

Hail smiled at his sister and father, though it slowly dropped as he saw the walls of Empire City off in the distance.

While it would be simple enough for the family to fly over the city to where they needed to go, they had to go through the gates as accordance to local rules. Hail just saw another reason why pegasus tended to shun the place, being forced to travel through gates like everypony else was just another restriction of their freedom.

The three Typhoons made their way towards the Luxus district without any difficulty besides a couple of times Katrina got sidetracked looking at decorations. Once in the noble district the three had to part ways.

"Well Hail," his father said, "I've got a couple of things to do, but I'm sure we'll be back in time for the ceremony. Take care of yourself."

"I will," Hail replied.

"Have fun!" Katrina called as she bounced after their father.

Hail gave a smile to the filly, but as he turned away towards the entrance of the Castrum district he muttered to himself. "Yeah. Fun." He sighed. He was really unsure about the Ritual. If he failed the test, then fine. Back to the old status quo. But if he passed... Then he'd have to choose between his family and his kingdom.

He gave a shudder and to calm himself he wove his most called upon weather magic. While there wasn't a cloud in the sky, he quickly summoned up a hail cloud. He leaned against the cloud as he approached the gate, letting the familiar coolness settle his nerves.

Spoiler: Magic
    Show
    Ok let's see if I can do this right. First roll of the game.

Summon Hail Cloud (Summon Storm Cloud changed to Ice)
    Individual +1
    Seen +2
    Sustained +2
    Forge +1
    Weather, Heat +2
    Spell lv 8 (Easy)

Creates a small hail cloud. Can be moved by the caster and can be bucked to shoot out a golfball-sized ball of hail.

Spend 5 Fortitude, and assuming storm magic training applies, (3d6b2)[11] +2

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Wish Sight trotted slowly, with bowed head which he has covered with hood. This little monk of Lady Atria felt so out of place.
    His place weren't between the ponies under the sun- especially at such festival which hosted such masses.. He tried not to trip on his robes, or crushing into somepony- all in vain. Having to apologize over and over.
    Wish Sight's place was in his dark room with his books, telescope and astrological maps he was requested to draw.

But the stars had different plans. He knew his life are going to change today.
    But how? He almost hoped, that it meant some grave injury... because the other meanings would be... Ugh. He shaked his head, with horror from the thought. His glasses of course flew away from his muzzle at somepony.
    Cloudy Dreams caught the glasses before they could hit him, in a light blue magic aura. "Whoa there. I've heard of having the 'shakes' but I didn't think the Blossoming of the Heart was that scary." Cloudy Dreams said, smiling as he floated the glasses back over to Wish Sight. "Come on buddy, sit down a moment, and tell me what's got you 'shaking' in your boots." he added, noticing the cyan unicorn gazing at him, from across the way. Oh, well. I guess I'm a bit of a mess after all. he thought to himself shrugging.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2016-11-13 at 02:02 AM.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Colossus in the Playground

"I agree, it's hideous," said Eyes of Water, gazing out at the festival.

Had these decorations come with the castle? Had these pastries been surplus stock from last year? Had those statues been pressed out by an industrial line? Were there two original thoughts in this entire celebration to rub together?

The toucan that sat upon her back - his name was Texitokolis but any combination of those syllables was acceptable - shared her disapproval. He had a sharp eye and acid beak and he was constantly broadcasting his outrage at the sheer horror of what he was seeing. Right now he was giving the evil eye to a mare with an especially ugly hat.

Eyes of Water was dressed down for the occasion - just wearing her feather-claw necklace - but she was carrying a huge backpack covered with masks. The masks were the work of months - every paint she had mixed herself, and where paints had failed her she had used crushed berries, streaks of tree sap, fur and feathers, the marks of flame and blood. The results were eerie and a little grotesque but she was quietly proud of her masks. Some of them were even haunted!

But as proud as she was of the masks and contemptuous as she was of the festival, she was here to sell. Out there in the sky was a creature more swift and beautiful than anything and if she was to track it she would need to be the best that she could be - and that meant better masks, which meant rarer ingredients, which meant she'd need money!

[Artificer Spells:

The Mask Of The Ghostly Jackrabbit:
    Individual +1 Contact +1 Temporary +4 Combine +1 Animal +1 - turns the wearer into a half-pony, half-bunny hybrid with the resulting speed, hearing and twitchiness boosts.
    The Mask Of The Stone Giant:
    Individual +1 Contact +1 Sustained +2 Combine +1 Forge +1 Body +1 Earth +1 - dramatically boosts the size and durability of the wearer]
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2016-11-13 at 03:29 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Wish Sight gasped.

"Oh my lady Atria!" he called, horrified with emberassment.
    "I am so sorry!" Wish Sight wishpered. How was he supposed to explain, he gotten so carried away, with his fears,that he literaly shaked his head to refuse accepting them?
    Wow! It was so akward!
    "I... I am fine... Sir...." Wish Sight mambled, but obeyed and sat down.
    "I...I... An an astrologist..." he said as if it explaining everything.
    He blushed. "Not, that you should care or something! Really, I am fine... I am really sorry that I have bothered you!" he tried to adjust his glasses to his muzzle- but his glasses slided again, threateninf to fall fly away.
    Again.

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Wish Sight gasped.

"Oh my lady Atria!" he called, horrified with emberassment.
    "I am so sorry!" Wish Sight wishpered. How was he supposed to explain, he gotten so carried away, with his fears,that he literaly shaked his head to refuse accepting them?
    Wow! It was so akward!
    "I... I am fine... Sir...." Wish Sight mambled, but obeyed and sat down.
    "I...I... An an astrologist..." he said as if it explaining everything.
    He blushed. "Not, that you should care or something! Really, I am fine... I am really sorry that I have bothered you!" he tried to adjust his glasses to his muzzle- but his glasses slided again, threateninf to fall fly away.
    Again.
    Cloudy Dreams caught the glasses again, and pushed them back in place. "You're an astrologist huh? That's hilarious." Cloudy Dreams said, briefly glancing behind himself. "Well, bud, don't worry about bothering me, in fact can you do me a favor? Just keep me company til the ceremony is over. I'm pretty tired and it'd be mighty embarrassing to come out all gussied up in my best robe just to sleep through the whole thing." he said, yawning.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

"H..hilariouse?" Wish Sight repeated akwardly.
    "Y..you actually want.. to be around me?" he wishpered puzzled, not undertstanding what going on.

He has slided back the rebelliouse glasses, himself.
    "I..i... It might be dangerouse to stay aroubd me!" he said panicked.

------
    My previouse Avater

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

"Heh, heh, heh, oh buddy, you've got no idea," Cloudy Dreams said, chucking. "Relax, I'm sure whatever trouble you're in can't be that bad. Just take a deep breath, and tell me what's up."
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    "Heh, heh, heh, oh buddy, you've got no idea," Cloudy Dreams said, chucking. "Relax, I'm sure whatever trouble you're in can't be that bad. Just take a deep breath, and tell me what's up."
    Wish Sight was a bit annoued, being looked down, and yet somewhat thankfull for this unicorn listening to him.
    "M...my... My astrological mapping saying, that today my life will change." he has wishpered
    "Which probably means, that something terrifing and gruesome will happen... Happen... To me..."

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Wish Sight was a bit annoued, being looked down, and yet somewhat thankfull for this unicorn listening to him.
    "M...my... My astrological mapping saying, that today my life will change." he has wishpered
    "Which probably means, that something terrifing and gruesome will happen... Happen... To me..."
    "Your life will change huh?" Cloudy Dreams rubbed his chin, looking serious, "That does sound like trouble. But maybe we can do something about that. Come on, I let's go get you a good luck charm, and make that change a positive one." he said, winking as he stood up.

"Follow me, I saw a booth that looked interesting earlier."
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

"A luck charm? You think I am superstituos?!" Wish Sight has asked insulted. And then blushed, his glasses slided, as he mambled an apology.
    "I.. I.. Am so sor.. Sorry for my rudeness!" he mambled, bowing his head.
    "What I meant to say, that it's not something that could be so easily fixed... It's a fate written... By the stars. Lady Atria herself has written it!" he slided the glasses back to place
    "I.. Real... Really don't worth your troubles..."

------
    My previouse Avater

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

"There's no such thing as fate buddy. And I'm not talking about faith or superstitions here. I've seen the different timelines, and I know they aren't set in stone. They twist together, split apart, and sometimes vanish altogether," Cloudy Dreams said, for the first time a spark of energy showing up in his gaze.

"I've done a little future gazing myself, from time to time, and let me tell you, it's more a matter of probabilities then certainties. And there hasn't been one that can't be beat. Even the-" Cloudy Dreams cut himself off, his smile faltering, as he looked away. "Well, never mind. I'm not here to bore you with a talk about the nth dimensional nature of timelines and the like," he said, glancing back, smile once again in place.

"It's more important to work on beating whatever fate has in store for you. And before you protest that it's Lady Atria's will, do you really think she'd decree that something bad happen to you? Or would she instead warn you to give you a chance to avoid it?" Cloudy Dreams said. "Come on buddy, just give me a chance, and I'm sure we'll figure this out."
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2016-11-13 at 06:16 AM.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    "There's no such thing as fate buddy. And I'm not talking about faith or superstitions here. I've seen the different timelines, and I know they aren't set in stone. They twist together, split apart, and sometimes vanish altogether," Cloudy Dreams said, for the first time a spark of energy showing up in his gaze.

"I've done a little future gazing myself, from time to time, and let me tell you, it's more a matter of probabilities then certainties. And there hasn't been one that can't be beat. Even the-" Cloudy Dreams cut himself off, his smile faltering, as he looked away. "Well, never mind. I'm not here to bore you with a talk about the nth dimensional nature of timelines and the like," he said, glancing back, smile once again in place.

"It's more important to work on beating whatever fate has in store for you. And before you protest that it's Lady Atria's will, do you really think she'd decree that something bad happen to you? Or would she instead warn you to give you a chance to avoid it?" Cloudy Dreams said. "Come on buddy, just give me a chance, and I'm sure we'll figure this out."
    Wish Sight looked at him with an all new light. He sounded like a scolar, he sounded like.. himself.
    When ponies came to him histeric about the future, Wish has calmed down, with a smiliar aporach. He actually had devolped a spells of protection from a negative future..

But somehow, Wish Sight didn't believed he was worthy of such aid, or maybe that it was unaproirate to help himself.
    "Y..y..you don'... You don't... bore me.." he said weakly straighting his glasses.
    "O..o...ok.." he agreed akwardly, following him, silently.

------
    My previouse Avater

20. - Top - End - #20

Quote Originally Posted by Theoboldi View Post
    Mind if I take one of those apples, by the way?
    Emmy Stone

"Yeah, you can have it. They're pretty overpriced if you ask me," Emmy said as she gives Zircon the remaining apple. "Though, seems like a lot of things in this town are. Should of packed more food. Ah well."

She looks in the direction that Zee is, trying to figure out what caught his fancy.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Zircoln Facet

Zircon's eyes still rest on Cloudy, until the stallion strikes up a conversation with Wish Sight, which cause the jeweller to avert his gaze with a wistful sigh. "Missed my chance." He says, biting into the apple Emmy has given him.

As he does, his expression changes from disappointment back to joy, and he gives a slight hum of cheer. "Mmmmm. Juicy! Guess that even overpriced food can be tasty. We'll really need to taste the wine around here later." the unicorn adds, looking back at Emmy. "Did you see all those vineyards in the outer districts? I can only imagine the quality that they have around here. Drinks are on me, of course."

His promise spoken, Zircon looks over Emmy's shoulder, yet again noticing somepony. There appears to be a rather bulky looking pegasus, standing entirely on his own near the gates, leaning against a rather displaced cloud of weather. "Well, that won't do."

"Emmy, come along! The game is afoot!"

Not even waiting for an answer, he runs off towards Hail Typhoon, slinking towards the stallion with his trademark grace, and greeting him with his trademark voice filled with trademark honey. "Good morning, friend. I couldn't help but notice a fine weatherpony like you, pardon the guess, standing all alone in this big crowd. Partying all on your own is not all that fun, so I was wondering if perhaps you would enjoy some company during the festivities?"

22. - Top - End - #22

Emmy Stone

Emmy snort-giggled at the idea of Zircon covering her food tab. "Ah, you know what a mare truly wants. I'll try not to bust your coin purse."

She follows Zircon, trotting quickly to keep up with his sudden dash over to this new pony. She smiles and waves, but doesn't attempt to steal Zee's thunder when he introduces himself. She just adds a simple, "Promise that we don't bite."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Hail Typhoon

Hail had his forelegs up on his summoned hail cloud, resting his weight on the fluffy surface. He was watching the gathering ponies trying to keep his mind off the up coming trial. He could see they other talking to their friends or making new ones. Hail just wished that that he had a cousin that was born the same year as him so he wouldn't have to do this alone. He didn't really have much in the line of friends, especially with his line of work, but that was what family was for. Katrina, his cousins Iris and Juan, the 'Birds, the 'Falls, the entire family was close knit. He was never at a loss for companions. Until now that is...

His wandering eyes soon saw a rather exotic figure (Eyes of Water). A tall pegasus mare dressed in tribal garb, accompanied by a load of masks and a toucan. The odd sight piqued his interest, but before he could approach a cyan unicorn and grey earth pony came up to him asking if he wanted company. Hail gave a shrug. "I'm just taking a breather. I just flew in from Cannerly and boy are my wings tired," he said completely deadpan, but then gave a small smile. "And you're right, I am a weatherpony. In fact, you could say I'm one of the weatherponies." He gave a small polite bow to the duo. "Hail Typhoon, of the Typhoon storm makers."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Zircon Facet

"The Hail Typhoon?" Zircon gasps, raising a hoof before his muzzle. Quickly, he returns the bow, though without looking away from Hail for even one second. "My, I had no idea we were talking to a bona fide noblepony. I really should have guessed that as well. You do have quite a lordly physique."

Stepping a little closer closer to the pegasus' cloud, he gives him a half-lidded, somewhat suggestive look. "But where are my manners? I'm Zircon Facet, and this here is my friend Emerald Stone. And as it so happens, we are also both from Cannerly. We've had quite a few chances to admire your work from afar. Would you perhaps grace us with your presence, and allows us to enjoy these festivities with you?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Zircon's turning out to be pretty wordy. Eh, I'm having fun with it, though. Do tell me if he gets a bit too suggestive.

25. - Top - End - #25

Emmy Stone

Emmy has no idea who this Typhoon fella is, but she nods along just to be sociable. "Yeah, it's good work. Pleasure to meet you."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Hail Typhoon

Hail gave an awkward smile as the unicorn returned his bow almost singing him praises. "No need to be so formal. We Typhoons aren't like most nobles. We actually go out and do tough work." He gave a slight chuckle as he recalled an old family saying. "We're too tough to be nobles, too powerful to be peasants. Better for the other nobles to have us on their level so they can keep an eye on us."

He then raised an eyebrow as Zircon and Emerald complemented his work. "Well, it's good to know my work is being appreciated. You wouldn't believe how many complaints we've gotten over property damage. Few understand how important storms are to the kingdom. It's how we made our name, quite literally." He gave a guilty glance towards the district gate. He was thinking that with the reputation storm making brought that being a Guardian might be good for his image, but with these two complementing him it just made things more difficult.

He shook off the thought and realized he recognized Zircon's family name. "You said you name was Facet? I think my father's cousin bought her wedding bands from your folks a few years back. Glory Typhoon and Heatwave?"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

"There we go. Alright, now have you heard of the Probability Principle?" Cloudy Dreams asked, launching into an explanation before Wish Sight could respond. "It's the idea to explain how something can predict what will happen in the future, and yet still be occasionally wrong. To elaborate, imagine dropping a rock off a cliff and then predicting where the rock will go. 99% of the time, it's easy, the rock will go straight down. Except, occasionally an eagle will intercept the rock midair and carry it off. That unexpected action throws off the otherwise stable prediction."

"Now, I'm sure there are other ways to change the future, be it through raw power, clever manipulations, or sheer determination, but the easiest way is to exploit the Probability Principle. All we have to do in order to change what will happen, is to do something we'd normally never do, and create an unlikely scenario" Cloudy Dreams chatted as he walked towards the booths.

"Thus, shopping. Forgive me if I'm being presumptuous, but you don't seem like the pony to go out and indulge in a random purchase. And a new item of clothing will make you look different, make ponies react to you differently. And the right item will even make you act differently. Such as a mask," Cloudy Dreams finished, stopping in front of Eyes of Water's booth.

"Hello, my dear. My friend here was admiring your creations, but was wondering if you had any that would fit over or under his glasses?" he said.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Zircon Facet

Zircon listens intently to Hail's every word. While it seems the noble has not quite understood his intent yet, there's really no rush. They'll have a long time to talk before the ritual starts, and if need be he knows how make himself perfectly clear.

"Well, there's nothing quite like a storm when you're sitting at home, performing your craft by candlelight." he comments as his new acquaintance talks about storms and his work. "Or when you're spending a nice evening with somepony special. Snuggling closer together does make foul weather so much less frightening." For now, he leaves any other details of these events to Hail's imagination.

However, when asked about his family, Zircon perks up from his mesmerized state, beaming happily. "Oh, I do remember engraving those names! Finding all the gemstones Madame Glory wanted was no easy task, but I do pride myself in my skills." A little chuckle escapes him, thinking back on that particular day. The trip for those materials took him all over town, and through quite a few taverns on the way.

"But yes, we are quite a successful family business. One day, I shall have to take it over. But until then you and I-" Zircon stops abruptly, remembering that Emmy is also here and throwing a short glance at her. "-well, we three can enjoy ourselves today."
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2016-11-13 at 03:01 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

Quote Originally Posted by Theoboldi View Post
    "-well, we three can enjoy ourselves today."
    Emmy Stone

Emmy nods in agreement. Phew, so this new pony does weather controlling work. Good to know. "Yeah, three hard-working ponies, getting a little time off to enjoy the town. I'm down with it."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Wish Sight trotted alongside, this surprisngly intelegent stallion, as his glasses hopped cheerfully on his muzzle, and twice he had to put them back.

This theory... Had SOMETHING. Astrology was a very debated science. Someponies even dared to say this is just old and superstitiouse art. The messages from the stars were usually quite foggy- some astorlogy theorists believed it was, mortal astrologits couldn't read deep enough.
    But some, believed it was foggy of process- so the stars were always right.
    Somehow.
    The gate of Mars usually warned about incming conflicts, and their scale. Rarely it gave the exact details.
    Once, he has given quite a scary prophecy to somepony:
    "Your family would be torn. Brother shall go against brother, foals shall rise against father and mother. Hard choices will have to be made"

In the end, his customer told him, that later his family at the resturant argued what to order in the resturant, and the resturant was almost.closed before they could make decision.

The prophecy wasn't wrong, and yet Wish Sight insisted on returning the money to his customer.

Wish Sight haven't felt right now, the need to share the fact he has devolped spell, to neglet negative predications based on smiliar idea, with stallion.. Ugh... What was his name again?
    Wish Sight might have missed it? He wanted to know the name, but they have talked enough so Wish Sight would be too embaressed to ask.

"A... Mask?" Wish Sight wishpered in stressed tone, as his glasses fell with slightly dramatic style.

"B..b...but I am a monk!" he gasped.

------
    My previouse Avater