New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Touhou - Revolution in Retrospect (IC)

Meanwhile, just on the other side of the Manor...

Team "Trusty" Patches

It's been a... well. An eventful week would be the understatement of the whatever period of time some place as timeless as Gensokyo would deign to use.

It started just a couple of days ago when the very earth shook, an explosion overtaking the manor in the distance. It didn't take Patchouli Knowledge more than a split second to realise what'd happened -- all the wards around the young Flandre's underground bedroom shattered in an instant, in a display of overwhelming force. Nothing like this had ever happened before. She'd been more docile lately, if anything -- she'd found friends, in the form of Reimu, and Marisa, after the Red Mist Incident.

Come to think of it, Patchouli hadn't seen either of them in a few days; it was about a week ago that Reimu last visited the manor on one of her trips, and the black-white hadn't really been around to bother her either...

The troubles did not end there. Sakuya hadn't come back yet from her duties in the human village; it'd been well past what the head maid usually took. Meiling went out to find the shrine maiden and hopefully also the head maid... but she wasn't back yet either. One by one, the inhabitants of the Mansion were dwindling. The Mansion was starting to recede back to its rather lonesome, cold state of centuries ago... just when it had started to gain some warmth and friendliness.

In the middle of this, her oldest and closest confidant and friend, Remilia, was having a serious funk that Patchouli hadn't seen her spiral into in one and a half ages. Seriously, she was just sulking down in the basement where Flandre's room was...

Koakuma hurried towards where the keeper of Voile was, huffing a little with a puff of breath. "Lady Patchouli, Lady Patchouli! Um-- I think Meiling has returned...!" she exclaimed in her telltale overexcited manner.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Halfling in the Playground

Uh-oh.

Meiling had never seen Remilia this upset, before. Sure, she had seen her mistress throw as classy a tantrum as one could, or fight back tears of sadness, or otherwise lose control of her emotions, but, in all the time Meiling had worked at the Scarlet Devil Mansion, she had never seen her mistress so...gutted. Her impassive order earlier today must have been the last of her resolve before she just had to collapse.

Her expression softening, Meiling approaches Remilia, and takes a seat next to her on Flandre's bed. "My lady..." She puts a tender hand on Remilia's shoulder, and gives it a gentle squeeze. A bit unorthodox for a servant to lay an uninvited hand on her employer, but she looks like she needs comfort. "I promise, I will. ..."

Meiling looks to the others, and nods; they're free to go on ahead, Meiling will catch up to them in a bit. Right now, she's not intending to leave until she sees her dear ojou-sama smile again. She doesn't expect her to be right back up to her old self, but, hopefully, she can bring enough comfort to help her feel a little better.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mokou does her best to calmly approach the stranger, not wanting to show her nervousness. Now, the question became how to greet her? There's always the tried and true method, after all.

"Hello miss, you aren't from around here, are you? I think we've met once before, though I may be mistaken. My name is Fujiwara no Mokou." The immortal spoke with a friendly smile, or at least the closest she could muster. The direct approach was usually best and Keine had said once before that it was polite to give your name before expecting someone else to identify themselves.
    Lovely Mokou avatar by Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #154

The bed sags a little as Meiling plonks down on Remilia's other side, the pugilist having a lot more of a personal connection to be concerned about than Marisa does. Still, it's not like the magician's a stranger, or there's any malice between them. If Remilia really didn't want her visiting, it's entirely likely she could have put a stop to it long ago. Not to mention, you know, Flan. Now there's a common thread between them.

So, all in all, it isn't surprising that Marisa snakes her hand underneath the vampire's poofy hat and ruffles her hair playfully. "Cheer up, we've got some leads on the weird stuff goin' on around Gensokyo." and she grins very proudly, to boot. "We'll have Flan an' Sakuya back in here in no time, it'll be one big happy family again. 'till then, why don'tcha let this girl give you a hug while we go and ask Patche a few things?"

Bap, bap, bap. That's the noise of Marisa patting the Lady of the Manor on her back and hopping back up to her feet, with Alice and Nitori. "Hokay, I'm going to the library." she announces, as if she weren't just treating the huffy vampire like a little sister in need of a hug. "... I wonder if we oughta swing by the kitchen and make a bunch of milk tea to bring with us, though..."

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Team Magica Mokona

The young blonde woman quietly turned, with a kind of airy delay in her actions like she weren't all here. She gazed towards Mokou, with lilac eyes that shimmered with a quiet sense that felt almost inhuman. "... oh..." she paused, after mumbling aloud. "... hello, Miss Mokou. My name is Maribel Hearn."

She tilted her head with a squint, as if trying to recall. "Have we met before...? I must admit, I have quite some trouble remembering things as of late. Things pass by, to and from..." Another pause. "Like dreams, so quickly forgotten in the morning."

6. - Top - End - #156

Mokou looks Maribel over a little, just to be sure of herself. She didn't want to be wrong, but she was certain! This was the girl she'd saved a while back!

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure I saved you from a rabbit youkai a while back. You ran off like you were scared of me or somethin', which means you aren't from around the village. So, Maribel, where do you come from?"
    Last edited by Mokou-tan; 2016-05-12 at 06:08 AM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

In the midst of all this drastic change and crisis throughout the mansion, Patchouli has been doing what she does best: shutting it all out, retreating deeper into her library, into her books. She'd like to tell herself that this is just what she always does whenever trouble is afoot in Gensokyo, but that isn't really true. There's... well, there was that incident with that troublesome oni. That one got her out of the house for a little while. And then that other time, when that same oni stole the scarlet mists and then hid behind the gods in Heaven to try to escape justice. And then she gave the black-white advice when she went underground... which led to another oni...

But no, even without any oni involved, she would normally be at Remilia's side during such a black mood and dire crisis, offering her friend some comfort, or assistance, or at least a novel diversion to distract from the vampire's gloom. But should she? Would Remi do the same for her? Or is that just another way in which their friendship is unequal?

So, with such thoughts in mind, she's been here instead, sulking with her books, desultorily flipping through page after page, not really focusing on any of them.

And then Koakuma had the gall to interrupt!

She slams shut the heavy grimoire she'd been leafing through as dramatically as she can and shoots a glare at her assistant... but that brief flash of anger softens to resignation almost instantly, then acceptance. She knows the Little Devil full well enough to know that overenthusiasm is just her nature.

"Did she find our silver ratcatcher?"
    the librarian asks, without much curiosity, "Or are cats not suited to chase their own kind?"
    Last edited by Ascension; 2016-05-12 at 09:26 AM.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing The Lotus Blossoms! [Exalted 3E] (OOC)
    Playing Waldaharjaz in The Convergence of Sky [Exalted 3E]
    Playing Rivers in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3E]

8. - Top - End - #158

Alice can only really fold her arms, a complicated and uncertain frown making its way across her face at Remilia's blunt and-- very lonely command. It's not like this side of the vampire is totally unknown to her, but this is... certainly rather a deeper funk than the Magician has ever seen her pull before, and it takes her a moment to even figure out what to say. When she finds herself huffing softly under her breath and carried forwards by Marisa's sense of certainty, she simply decides to go with the impulse:

"Of course we'll find her. She's probably just gone to track down Reimu, after all, same as we are. Either way, your sister is hardly the sort to get into trouble that easily, is she?"

It's a bit uncharacteristic of her to so obviously appeal to the vampire's sense of pride, perhaps, or maybe she's just sucked a little into Marisa's sort of pace; either way, Alice shrugs one shoulder confidently, and then nods her head at talk of going to find Patchouli. ... it might not help matters that, in her wake, Shanghai has bobbed down to the vampire's hat to slowly pat her on the head.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

Team Vampire Diaries

Remilia blinked and stared towards Meiling and Marisa as they converged in on her, and Shanghai too. She-- huffed aloud for a moment, before mumbling at Alice, "How would I know?" She chewed on her lip for a moment, before dropping a little picture frame of an adorable crayon drawing of herself and Flandre on the bed by her side. "She's never run off like this on her own before. Really, of all the inconvenient things she could do...! What does she think she can do on her own?"

She was protesting, but the underlying tone of concern was evident. Finally, she blurt out to Meiling, "And Patche's just been locked up in her library like she usually is. Can't she even spare me a bit of time?!" She sounded a bit miffed, perhaps, and could use the company of the librarian, if usual things are to be considered...

(Meiling and the gang seems to have cheered Remilia up slightly to coax her into admitting She'd Like Patchouli's Company.)

Team Magica Mokona

Maribel put a hand to her cheek, her gaze drifting off towards some sightline that seemed like... the nearby wall, but possibly further ahead. "Rabbit youkai... I think I vaguely remember..." she murmured to herself, before putting a quiet smile out. "I'm from... abroad, you could say. I seem to be stuck here at the moment, though. This is such a curious and interesting place."

Team "Trustworthy" Patches

Koakuma's adorable headwings pitter and patter a little in thought. "No, I don't think Sakuya came back..." she apologetically said. "I think she went down to the basement with the others. I saw the black-white magician with them, Lady Patchouli."
    Last edited by Merilan; 2016-05-12 at 07:10 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160

Meiling looks to the drawing with a quiet, surprised "Oh?" before realizing what it was. She fails to keep a smile from spreading across her face. "If what she said before she left meant anything, it sounds like what she wants to do is correct a mistake." She folds her hands on her lips, and offers a sunny look while tilting her head cutely. "I'm not much one for investigations and all that, so, while you're all meeting with Miss Patchouli, how about I make us all some nice milk tea, since Marisa's got a taste for some?" Remilia could take the "you all" as an invitation to come join them, or at least get out of the basement, without being directly asked.

11. - Top - End - #161

It takes a bit more than normal for Mokou to keep herself contained. It wasn't often she got to meet someone from the outside.

"Oh, you're from the outside? I haven't been there in about three centuries, is Nara still a thing? Wait, that's unimportant. You said you're stuck, right? While things are a bit busy now, do you need some help getting home?" Just like Keine, Mokou was up for lending a hand where she could. Though, this was a more recent addition to her behaviors compared to how she'd grown to live before coming to Gensokyo. In a world full of oni and youkai, an immortal human wasn't nearly as scary as it was outside.

12. - Top - End - #162

BlueWizardGirl

A pair of violet eyebrows rise at Koakuma's last comment. The black-white here? Patchouli hasn't heard any rats banging about in the library yet, and she's never known that particular intruder to show much in the way of subtlety.

"If our rat poison is not set out, why isn't she already in here?"
    she mutters to herself, almost offended by the lack of attention.

Remilia could've stopped her, but... no, not in the mood she last saw Remi in. And besides, if they were fighting, she'd be able to hear something, or feel the force of their danmaku vibrating through the mansion's walls. No, it seems as if nothing and no one has been blown away by any Master Sparks yet. And yet the human magician isn't poking through her things yet, either...

What could cause Marisa Kirisame to show... restraint? Maybe... something serious really is going on? Something more serious than is generally expected, where Incidents are concerned. That seems almost unthinkable, but... things have felt different lately...

"Hm."

She gingerly rises to her feet, or, more properly, to a few centimeters above the floor.

"Check the pantry for soybeans,"
    she requests of her aide, "See if any are left over from Setsubun. We may be needing them."

This time, if there are any oni afoot, she plans to be prepared.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing Remilia as vulnerable as this made Nitori feel awkward. She'd always looked so composed when she was visiting parties and such, with that maid carrying her parasol accompanying her. To barge into her house and disturb her while she was upset seemed like a dangerous idea to Nitori. She was a powerful vampire, after all! So instead of joining the others, Nitori stood to the side, studying the plasterwork on the roof and trying hard not to look like she'd overheard Remilia's pout.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome Iron Chef avatars by Neoseph7! Murkrow avatar of coolness by Introbulus!

14. - Top - End - #164

Marisa isn't stepping on Meiling's toes too much with regards to cheering up her Mistress, but the crayon drawing says it all. Beneath the power and prestige of the Vampire's status is a girl who misses her sister, and someone as mind-on-their-sleeve as the black-white can detect that kind of thing from a hundred paces away. Besides...

"Hey, don't feel too bad." the blonde advises Nitori with a cheerful grin, watching the scene with a completely different expression. It's a proud grin, either she can't pick up on the awkward vibes or doesn't see things the same way as the Kappa. Both are entirely possible. "It's pretty normal for a girl to feel down in the dumps when her sister is missing and all her company is starting to vanish."

There's a pause as the witchmagician tugs on the brim of her hat in thought, her broom bobbing over to her side as she does so. "But--did she say the library's totally locked up? Not that I'm ever usin' the front door, but..."

Of course, Marisa has no idea that Patchouli is, right now, wondering what kind of Incident-Grade Nonsense is going on to keep her so well-behaved on this trip to the manor. Probably still thinks she's somehow gone undetected despite arriving in a loudly-announced group. Probably.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

Team Vampire Diaries

Remilia chewed on her lip pensively, glancing back towards Meiling and Marisa. "... all right," she finally acquiesced, "But don't take too long, Meiling. Come see us as soon as possible."

With that, the littlest vampire around (save Flandre, but she's not around right now) pulled herself to her feet, her tiny bat wings fluttering behind her back as she fastened her hat back onto herself. She paused.

"Who is she, by the way?" She pointed to Nitori, not accusingly, but... out of curiosity. She groused a moment later to say, "Ahh, I have to fill up that hole, but I can't do it myself, and I don't want to wait till night..."

Could this be an opportunity for some kappa ingenuity?

Team Keine Highwind

Maribel peered towards Mokou again, with a quiet hum of thought and perhaps disconcert. "Returning to the outside..." she murmured, a little rueful and pensive. She glanced back to the pond. "I do not think that may be possible right now... I seem to be in a dream that may not be a dream." She chuckled faintly. "Do you dream, Miss Fujiwara?"

She skipped a beat, and knelt against the pond to stare at her reflection. "Sometimes, one dreams for so long, that they forget that they are dreaming..."

Team Day One Patch

Koakuma's eyes turn to thickly bordered white discs in an expression we can only call "nepped out" around here. "Eh? Oni? Where?!" She looked around warily, before hurrying along. "Ah~! Wait for me, Lady Patchouli!"

She hurried up the stairs and headed towards the pantry, in search of the legendary soybeans. Of course, she'd probably run into the gatekeeper who was going to go make tea there...
    Last edited by Merilan; 2016-05-14 at 04:38 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166

Mokou slips her hands into her pockets as she stares skyward. Did she dream? Not very often. The Hourai Elixir within her removed her need for many things. She no longer needed sleep or food, such things were mostly for her own enjoyment if she desired. Sleep didn't come easy though, as she shared a forest with Kaguya and it was tough to rest when the object of her ire was so close. But, she dreamed sometimes. Times when she was comfortable. Times when she stayed over with Keine.

"Not very often, honestly. The circumstances causing my long life took my need of sleep. But, I remember dreaming at times. Some of them were pleasant, I suppose. If you remember that it's a dream, will you wake up? I suppose as long as it doesn't become a nightmare, things should be fine, right?"
    Last edited by Mokou-tan; 2016-05-14 at 11:00 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167

Meiling hops to her feet, and pumps her fist to the air. "Right away, my lady!" she cheers, before laughing and tilting to one side with her arms behind her back. "Actually, I don't think I've made you tea since Miss Sakuya joined us. Seems like only yesterday...don't worry, I've been keeping up my practice for whenever Miss Reimu comes to visit."

With one more bow to Remilia, Meiling rushes out of the basement; she has a lot of tea to start brewing, and if she wants to make her specialty brand of milk tea, she's going to need 6 minutes of boiling, at least. On her way to the pantry, though, Meiling is a bit perplexed by the apparent absence of the fairy maids. Then again, they always did seem listless whenever Sakuya was out. ...Then again, they always did seem listless whenever Sakuya was in as well. At least a company of meido was good for the mansion's image. And a little red haired devil was also very approriate given the name--wait.

"Oh! Miss Koakuma, I'm glad I caught you! We've got quite a few guests hoping to pay Miss Patchouli a visit..." She looks over Koakuma, making note of her harried expression. "But...you seem rushed...is something the matter?" Not five steps out the basement, and already Meiling is getting involved in yet another person's problem.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Nitori straightened out with a jolt when Remilia addressed her. Now it was clear she'd been noticed she bowed deeply in apology, her twin-tails flipping up as she did so.

"Ah, I'm sorry! My name's Nitori Kawashiro! I'm from the mountain! I was hoping Marisa could come and help out with my problem... Uh, but obviously not until she's helped deal with your problem, of course!"

How strange that her insistence about hurrying to solve the incident at the mountain disappeared when faced with a grumpy vampire! Instead, now it was her turn to offer to help!

"I might be able to help with your repairs, though! Let me just see if I brought anything along... Did my Super Umbrella MkII get in here? I wish I still had that Walking Earth Mover, but I needed the metal..." After rummaging through her bag a bit, Nitori emerged with a nervous smile, and a gingerly held device. This obviously wasn't what she'd been hoping for. "Uhhhh, my Extending Arm might be able to reach higher places... You know, for holding boards or something?"
    Last edited by banthesun; 2016-05-15 at 10:28 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome Iron Chef avatars by Neoseph7! Murkrow avatar of coolness by Introbulus!

19. - Top - End - #169

BlueWizardGirl

With Koakuma off to the kitchen, the great library again stands silent, without even the quiet shuffling of fairy maids at work (or the quiet snoring of fairy maids not at work). Patchouli is quite alone as she stands at its door, her heart warring with itself over whether or not to venture outside. They're here in the basement, her assistant said... probably with Remilia, still sulking in what remains of Flandre's room. Despite Patchouli's reclusive habits and the labyrinthine nature of the Scarlet Devil Mansion's construction, the way is well-known to her, the distance short... on an ordinary day, with the mansion in its usual order and its halls only haunted by its usual inhabitants, the journey would be no serious matter at all. Today, though, with the unfamiliar weight of a satchel of reference books biting into her shoulder, unfamiliar guests ranged in front of her, and omens of an Incident hanging over her head...

She's just not sure if she can open that door.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

Team Home Improvement

Remilia made a little face and got impatient in the end, going, "Aah, I don't understand what any of that means! Boards to place over the hole might be fine for now, but I'd really rather get it bolted or sealed shut. You never know when that nosy tengu reporter might be sniffing around for gossip." Well, actually, Nitori knew exactly where the nosy tengu reporter was right now... and it's not off being nosy.

Team Kitchen Nightmares

Koakuma paused as she ran into Meiling, just a little huffy and out of breath. "Oh! Meiling! You're back!" she seemed endlessly sunny and enthused as ever, a terribly cute contradiction to her demonic nature. "Lady Patchouli wanted to go visit Remilia, so I'm going to go get her soybeans!"

... in what way does that lead to the other? Magicians, geez...

Team Inception

"I wonder if it is as easy as that," Maribel answered Mokou frankly, her hands placed over her back. "One begins to wonder, where the border between dreams and reality really lay. The nightmare of dreaming... and the nightmare of living... what does it mean, I wonder, to walk that fine line...?"

Keine poked her head out to the porch and called out. "Mokou? Are you there? Akyuu's ready to see us now."

Team Bookworm Adventures

Ahhh, silence.

On any other day, silence would be the perfect accompaniment to any day in Voile. Absolutely none of Koakuma's incessant and energetic (albeit adorable) nattering and clumsiness, none of Marisa barging in to steal and borrow her books, none of Remilia poking in after a long, slow day to go 'Patche, I'm bored, entertain me' in that way of hers that she's done in the centuries that they've known each other.

... the Scarlet Devil's really grown close to the librarian, come to think of it. She may have her head maid, and the gatekeeper, and her sister, but they served... different purposes in the ecclectic family that they've built up. Of everyone in the Manor, it's always Patchouli that Remilia ran to first when trouble reared its head. The way she'd always listen impressionably with open eyes, even if the tales within the grimoires were complete nonsense...

...ah, where did those days go? Incidents truly were terrifying things, were they not, Patchy?

21. - Top - End - #171

Meiling always appreciated Koakuma's optimistic attitude; it made for a nice compliment to the dour and locked away Patchouli, and hopefully the magician appreciated that more than was annoyed by it. Even so, Meiling...wasn't sure what to make of Koakuma's statement. "...I was about to make some tea, I'm not sure how well soybeans would go with it as a snack, just bitter on bitter. But..."

As Meiling searched the pantry for the black tea leaves and silk bag she used to strain the milk tea, she also kept an eye open for soybeans, helping Koakuma in her rummaging. "It's not actually for eating, though, is it, Miss Koakuma?"

22. - Top - End - #172

While Mokou thinks over what her new acquaintance is saying, Keine pops out and calls her over. While this new person is interesting, there is a task at hand that's more important. Still, it would be impolite to just leave without anything.

"Maybe for someone like you, there's more to that than for someone like me. But, I need to go. Something important has gone missing and if I don't find it... Well, it doesn't matter. If your dream ever becomes a nightmare and you need help, the schoolteacher here is very knowledgeable and this village's guardian. Tell her I said she might help, okay?" The eternal maiden turned and hurriedly returns to Keine, not wanting to keep Akyuu waiting.

"She's from outside Gensokyo. Like Sanae... Or me..."

23. - Top - End - #173

The Magician boggles briefly as Marisa ever so casually and simply lists out all the reasons Remilia has to be sad; it's all she can do to avoid a visible wince as Marisa finishes up with her... encouragement... and fortunately gives the vampire a different topic or two to grump over instead. "Well... if nothing else, we do have the expert in breaking into the library here with us. Not that I'd recommend it the rest of the time, but... for once, that talent of Marisa's might come in useful. If Patchouli won't come out to meet us, we'll simply go in to meet her. You..." she pauses. It's probably not likely, but the way the vampire's acting... "You have checked that she's not suffering some kind of illness, haven't you?"

Well, more than usual.

"In the meantime..." she decides with a satisfied breath as the dollmistress slowly waves a hand, the light playing off a series of suspended strings to signal the arrival of several of her dolls, each decorated in the same, comparatively simple style. They bobble down the hole, forming up around it in a square and looking expectantly towards the Kappa. "They might just be simple workers, but they're fast and surprisingly strong. If you need any assistance..."

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh, thank you Alice!"

Nitori looked over the assembled dolls, and tried to make a plan. If she had an invention that would actually work, that would have been much better, but she'd have to make do with this army of tiny laborers. She took a deep breath, and got to work repairing the manor...

Many hands did indeed make light work, and before even ten minutes had passed, Nitori had reassembled the floor at least, and the dolls were moving on to the walls. Working in teams of three, they hoisted planks and beams into position, and Nitori fastened them in place. Remilia's mention of 'bolting' had embedded itself in the kappa's mind, and it was rapidly becoming clear that the repaired section had something of a much more 'modern' theme to it than the rest...
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

Team Home Improvement

The vampire stared back at Alice as she pointed out the obvious, and then stammered, "I--I-- I've lived with Patche for centuries and this hasn't ever been a problem! Usually she does come to find me at some point..." Sulk, sulk.

But before she could really dwell back, Nitori began her work, aided by Alice's dolls.

Remilia made a little face and tilted her head. "What is all that metal for... oh, does that one-- fold in?" The vampire looked rather plainly boggled by the work going on, but nonetheless she was rather impressed, having never seen engineering really ever be applied in her Manor.

And when all's said and done, she paused for a moment... and then put her hands to her waist. "... well! I think that should satisfy. I'll ask Meiling if she wanted her plot of soil laid ontop, since that was where half her garden was."

Looks like Nitori and Alice managed to create a Satisfied Customer. But beware the Hidden Features inside the piece of work, Remilia...

Team Kitchen Nightmares

Koakuma looked serious for a moment as she held a finger up. "... that's right. It's for--" she leaned forward and whispered, as if sharing a deadly secret, "Oni."

... why were oni a factor, here, exactly?

Team Inception

Keine looked rather surprised as Mokou shared the news. "From outside...?" She tilted her head to glance at Maribel, as she seemingly lost interest and kept staring at the sky. "I'll see if I can't help her later. I wondered if she was Akyuu's guest, but she hadn't seen her. Shall we?"

Keine held a hand out with a smile. H--holding Keine's hand...!

26. - Top - End - #176

Meiling gasps in alarm, hand on her chest. "Oh...no! Has Lady Flandre's and Miss Sakuya's disappearance attracted the attention of some opportunistic oni to do some lootin'!?" Meiling knew better than to question the librarian's methods, or, by extension, those of the librarian's assistant. Meiling redoubles her efforts in looking for the soybeans. "I was only gone for a few hours! Goodness, Miss Patchouli's scrying abilities must be really good if they could already sense trouble heading the mansions way...ah, here we are."

Meiling pulls a wooden bin of dried soybeans from one of the pantry shelves. "I hope dried will suffice. Oh, Miss Koakuma, while you're here, could you help me find something? I can never remember where Miss Sakuya puts the tea in this pantry, but Lady Remilia and our guests need tea, and I need to prepare it fast so I can get to my post before the oni arrive!"

27. - Top - End - #177

Mokou gently grasps the schoolteacher's hand as her own face gets a little red. Her heartbeat quickens as her stomach begins to flutter. Even though it was such a simple thing, the immortal was filled with joy at this moment. Though she knows it isn't really out of affection, she is holding Keine's hand!

"Y-yeah, lead the way!"

28. - Top - End - #178

BlueWizardGirl

In the time it takes for one kappa and an army of tiny dolls to build a metal ceiling, or the coincidentally similar amount of time it takes a gardener and a demon to find soybeans in a crowded pantry, Patchouli Knowledge has... placed a hand on the doorknob. She even cracked the door open a tiny fraction once, but then there was a draft and it gave her chills, so she shut it back.

She considers going back and changing into a warmer set of pajamas before leaving.

(Dressing in something other than pajamas is out of the question... she doesn't have anything else in her wardrobe.)
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

"Mhmm! It does!" Nitori revealed a handle and gave it a pretend tug to demonstrate, "It's collapsible! I saw another kappa build a table that could fold in, so I thought why doesn't everything do that? Though since it's underground, you'd probably want an earth-mover to fold it..."

Once the job was finished, she gave Alice's dolls a bow and sent them back to their master. She wiped the sweat from her brow, and began flexing her shoulders. Then, she paused.

"Wait, wasn't there something we'd come here to do? Before we started building?"
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

Team Soylent

Koakuma rather plainly looked like she had no idea, but nonetheless nodded her head as if trusting Lady Patchouli with her intel no matter what. "It's most important that I bring these dried soybeans to her. Thank you, Miss Meiling!" She saluted.

She perked up and smiled, saying, "Oh, those are up in this cupboard... but if you're talking about the Lady's tea, then you want one in this pouch!" She... pointed out a rather adorable pink tin can with a blobby, adorable Remilia face on it. Just where on Gensokyo did this come from?

Team Hand-Holding

Keine looked rather pleased to do just that; she led her inside to a sitting room, where the purple-haired Akyuu was, as always, on a low writing table focusing on her Chronicle work. "Good afternoon, Miss Mokou. I've heard of what happened, but would you be able to share me your account as well...?"

Team Bananas in Pajamas

Ughhhhh the warm pair of pajamas are right there. She could totally turn around and get them... and sit down again... and...

Team Home Improvement

Remilia paused for a moment longer... ... ... before realising, putting her hands to her waist, "I-- I was going to go see Patche!" She huffed a little bit, starting to feel a little clouded again. "And we were going to have tea as well. Come, I should reward you for your good work, Nitori, Alice!" She started to tromp off up the stairs towards the Manor proper.