New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

d6 Blood Bowl itP IV: Anything But A '1'

Blood Bowl in the Playground IV: Anything But A '1'.

Welcome to the Giant in the Playground thread for Cyanide Studio's version of Blood Bowl on Steam.

For those not familiar with Blood Bowl, it's best described as a fantasy war game simulator masquerading as a ball sport - you take the role of a coach, managing a team of hardened psychopaths. You then set up your team of eleven degenerates against another team of eleven equally crazed headcases on a pitch and they do their best to kill each other. And maybe score touchdowns.
    It's set in an alternate universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer Fantasy world, so all the standard (and some non-standard) fantasy races are there, humans, elves, dwarves, orcs, undead, Chaos, etc. The tone is generally satirical with many American football references, ably aided and abetted by the commentators Jim Johnson the vampire and Bob Bifford the ogre.

As benefits its board game roots, the game's RNG can be very unforgiving and many an expletive can be heard as Nuffle, Blood Bowl's sick, twisted and utterly, utterly sadistic counterpart of Lady Fortune, curses or blesses your rolls. As well as match reports, maintaining and arranging games for the leagues, we can answer rules questions, offer advice or trade stories of the torments of Nuffle as he kicks you (or your opponent) in the soft painful parts.

If you're looking to get involved in Blood Bowl 1, please bare in mind that this is a Chaos Edition thread, so either the Chaos or Legendary version is required to play in the leagues; Original and Dark Elves editions are not compatible. If you're here for Blood Bowl 2, then there are no restrictions - all the DLC teams are allowed.

There are currently five league types ongoing: Rookie, Standard, Legacy and Open, as well as the Standard League for Blood Bowl 2.

The Rookie League consists of new teams started especially for it (cap of 1000TV, no previous games played), with the intention that this league gives teams a chance to get some SPP and money before being thrown into the sharkpit of the Standard League.
    The league has started it's third season and the scheduling and results can be found here: link. Wraith and Silfir are the Commissioners for this league.
    The cup is called 'GitP - The Rookie League', password 'Please' (Closed for applicants).

The Standard League is the main and longest running league for the board. Teams are generally more experienced and while new teams are not prohibited, it is recommended that they start with the Rookie League so they don't become SPP fodder for the bigger teams.
    The league has just finished its fifth season and the last season's results can be found here: link. Gnoman, Thufir and Shishnarfne are the Commissioners for this league.
    The cup is called 'Gitp', password 'Giant' (Closed for applicants).

The Legacy League is the old league for the board consisting of fairly developed teams who have been booted promoted out of the Standard League, thus is not recommended for starting teams.
    It has just finished its second season (congratulations to the Meddling Insects) and is currently on an inter-season break. The current scheduling and results can be found here: link. Tasroth is the sole Commissioner for this league.
    The cup is called 'GitP - Legacy League', password 'Levelled' (Open for applicants).

Open Leagues; there are two general free-for-all leagues and teams can join up or drop out whenever. They're intended to be a testing ground for coaches trying out new teams against other human players.
    It's best to contact people directly to arrange games for this league (typically via Steam) as there's no scheduling.
    The official cup is called GitP Blood Bowl Open League, password 'Belkar'.
    The unofficial cup is called MumbleChaos, password 'gitp'.

The Blood Bowl 2 League is administrated by Maethirion in the newest incarnation of the Blood Bowl series. We are currently engaging in the first season, so all teams are newly founded (up to 1000TV) with no restrictions on DLC. (Closed for applicants)

There may also be intermittent knock out tournaments with special rules, such as all Stunty. Details of any ongoing tournaments will be updated here.

Spoiler: Links of interest
    Show
    Living Rulebook 6: rules for the board game which the game is based off and has more detailed explanation of the mechanics

Blood Bowl Chaos Edition Players manual: also accessible through the Steam launcher (right click on the game in your Library, View player manual). Useful page of hotkeys at the very back.

Wraith's Q&A session: video by our own Wraith explaining some mechanics in more detail, with suggestions for interface and skills setup.

Blood Bowl Tactics: good site for general Blood Bowl tactics and team advice. Also has probability calculations and all other sorts of advanced number crunching if you want to disappear down that rabbit hole.

Spoiler: Hall of Fame
    Show
    Standard League
    Season 1: The Dokkalfar Daggers (Dark Elves - Luzahn)
    Season 2: Poets Society (Undead - Shishnarfne)
    Season 3: (Abandoned)
    Season 4: Measured Response (Amazons - Silfir)
    Season 5: Team Hippy (Wood Elves - Qwaz)
    Season 6: Caissa's Chosen (High Eves - Silfir)

Legacy League
    Season 1: The Dokkalfar Daggers (Dark Elves - Luzahn)
    Season 2: Meddling Insects (Wood Elves - Shishnarfne)

Rookie League
    Season 1: Ms. Dot's Nurse Academy (Orcs - Manticoran)
    Season 1 KO Tie-Breaker: Grimnir's Grudgebringers (Dwarfs - LCP)
    Season 2: Cheesy Comestibles Club (Skaven - Silfir)
    Last edited by Wraith; 2016-06-25 at 09:26 AM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

2. - Top - End - #2

Griffon

Default Re: Blood Bowl itP IV: Anything But A '1'

GitP Blood Bowl Rookie League Season 03

Season 03 - Day 16 - The Grand Final
    Isla Sauria (LCP) vs. Naggarothian Nightmares (Maethirion)

The Semi Finals
    Isla Sauria (LCP): 2 - 1 :Have Some Popkhorne (Silfir)
    The Unsightly Jellyfishes (Lyrakien): 1 - 3: Naggarothian Nightmares (Maethirion)

Position Team Name Forum Name/Steam Profile Played Win Draw Loss TD for TD Against Points
    01 Isla Sauria (Liz) LCP 12 8 4 0 19 4 28
    02 The Unsightly Jellyfishes (Nec) Lyrakien 12 8 4 0 22 7 28
    03 Naggarothian Nightmares (DEl) Maethirion 12 6 5 1 15 2 23
    04 Have Some Popkhorne (KhD) Silfir 12 7 2 3 18 9 23

Position Team Name Forum Name/Steam Profile Played Win Draw Loss TD for TD Against Points
    05 Super Furry Wild Animals (Unw) Wraith 12 6 3 3 15 9 21
    06 Unsidhe De Cuirte Dorche (WoE) Manticoran 12 3 7 2 10 11 16
    07 The Expendables 97 (Gob) Unpronounceable 12 3 5 4 13 11 14
    08 The Orctodads (Orc) legoshrimp 12 3 4 5 12 12 13
    09 Playboy Plaguemates (Nur) Deadline 12 3 4 4 10 8 13
    10 Team Named Spoon (Ogr) Grytorm 12 1 7 4 4 11 10
    11 Those Who Eat Brunch (ChD) Dsop 12 1 5 6 4 16 8
    12 Goblinization Nation (PrE) DarthMario 12 1 2 9 3 19 5
    13 The Shameful Dead (Und) Mister Quiv 12 0 5 7 0 14 5
    14 Rules Rules Rules (Dwa) TFT 12 0 2 10 0 20 2
    Last edited by Wraith; 2016-09-23 at 08:37 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3

GitP Standard League Season 6 Concluded

1. Caissa's Chosen (Silfir)
    2. The Bloody-Handed Angels (Tasroth)
    3= Hammersjurg Destroyers (Wraith), The Sun's Children (SaruSama)

01 Caissa's Chosen Silfir 11 8 3 0 30 11 27
    02 The Sun's Children Froish 11 5 4 2 17 11 19
    03 The Bloody-Handed Angels Tasroth 11 5 4 2 16 10 19
    04 Hammersjurg Destroyers Wraith 11 5 3 3 14 10 18
    05 The Scourges of God Thufir 11 4 5 2 15 10 17
    06 The Ruinous Rampagers LCP 11 5 2 4 15 8 17
    07 Norse is Norse Shishnarfne 11 4 4 3 11 10 16
    08 Smashers of Sotek Maethirion 11 4 3 4 12 15 15
    09 Blackhearse Boneheads Unpronounceable 11 4 3 4 10 9 15
    10 Destroyers of Worlds Gnoman 11 1 5 5 2 14 8
    11 Imperial Space Corps Luzahn 11 1 4 6 3 17 7
    12 Champions of Dread Devmaar 11 0 0 11 1 21 0
    Last edited by Thufir; 2016-06-27 at 02:23 PM.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

GitP Blood Bowl Two League Season 01

Season 01 - Day 05
    Ishgardian Azure Dragoons (Razgriez) vs. Cliched Stereotypes (Shishnarfe)
    Khornate Killers (Maethirion) vs. A Ratmas Carol (Manticoran)
    Elf Smashers (Dsop) vs. The Tenocht Thunderscales (Aetherstorm)
    End-time are a Mutating (Unpronounceable) vs. The Scaretoon Network (Wraith)

Games to be completed: Monday 1st June

Position Team Name Forum Name/Steam Profile Played Win Draw Loss Points
    01 End-time are a Mutating (Cha) Unpronouncable 4 3 1 0 10
    02 Khornate Killers (Cha) Maethirion 4 2 1 1 7
    03 The Tenocht Thunderscales Aetherstorm 4 1 3 0 6
    04 Elf Smashers (Dwa) Dsop 4 1 3 0 6
    05 A Ratmas Carol (Ska) Manticoran 4 1 2 1 5
    06 The Scaretoon Network (DaE) Wraith 4 1 2 1 5
    07 Cliched Stereotypes (DaE) Shishnarfne 4 0 2 2 2
    08 Ishgardian Azure Dragoons (HiE) Razgriez 4 0 0 4 0
    Last edited by Maethirion; 2016-05-22 at 06:45 PM.
    GitP Blood Bowl 2 League
    This time, in HD

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't want to sound like a big meanie - but why exactly is Manticoran listed as victor of the first Rookie League season, considering he dropped out before the playoffs and Pippington victoriously pummeled my necros around for 29 turns to take it? That's three hours of my life I'll never get back :(

(Also, you wrote "The league has started its second season" in your opening post. Should say third.)

(Sometimes I can't help but be relieved there is at least one body of water between me and most of you. Someone's bound to have come over and shot me for posts like this by now.)
    Last edited by Silfir; 2016-04-10 at 12:00 PM.
    This signature is boring. The stuff I write might not be. Warning: Ponies.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Hey yeah! I won that fair and square from Manticoran dropping out and then Silfir losing to a weird Cyanide bug. Where's my credit you dirty umgi?

*scribbles furiously in book of grudges*
    Last edited by LCP; 2016-04-10 at 02:15 PM.
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

7. - Top - End - #7

As has been becoming standard, I made a stupid mistake while in a winning position to put the result in doubt, but on this occasion I managed to salvage it, with a little help from the dice. Thanks Maethirion for the game.

OK, so Tasroth has been keeping me updated on his attempts to contact Luzahn; Unpronounceable/Gnoman, right now you're headed for an assigned draw, what's going on there?
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

8. - Top - End - #8

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    .....why exactly is Manticoran listed as victor of the first Rookie League season, considering he dropped out before the playoffs....?
    (Also, you wrote "The league has started its second season" in your opening post. Should say third.)
    My retort to both of these comments is "it's Brother Oni's fault". I copy/pasted the spiel from his old post in the previous thread and it never occurred to me how long it had been since it had been updated. Really, I'm as much a victim in all of this as anyone else.....

Quote Originally Posted by LCP View Post
    *scribbles furiously in book of grudges*
    ...Whereas that was just for fun. What're you gonna do about it, ale-scented burrow vermin?

(Sometimes I can't help but be relieved there is at least one body of water between me and most of you. Someone's bound to have come over and shot me for posts like this by now.)
    You mistake me for someone unable to take an honest critique in the spirit in which it was meant. I'm always happy to correct a genuine mistake, if I need to.

besides, you're not THAT far away. I could be on your front law in two hours, if I really wanted to be. maybe I already am.... o.o

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    I don't want to sound like a big meanie - but why exactly is Manticoran listed as victor of the first Rookie League season, considering he dropped out before the playoffs and Pippington victoriously pummeled my necros around for 29 turns to take it? That's three hours of my life I'll never get back :(

ACTUALLY there were no playoffs for Season 1. Just an unofficial grudgematch for the 2-5 place teams to argue about who "Won", when clearly it was the Orcs who won, since they got 1st place.

This is the Nurse Academy's story, and we're sticking to it.
    Last edited by Manticoran; 2016-04-10 at 10:15 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

What're you gonna do about it, ale-scented burrow vermin?
    Come say that to my axe, manling!

I miss the Grudgebringers.
    Last edited by LCP; 2016-04-10 at 11:05 PM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    OK, so Tasroth has been keeping me updated on his attempts to contact Luzahn; Unpronounceable/Gnoman, right now you're headed for an assigned draw, what's going on there?
    I'm guessing incompatible gaming time differences, I've only been on at the same time as Gnoman once in the past week.
    Managing the Wymbildon Warpstoners in Gitp Rookie League - Mutations for EVERYONE!

Head Necromancer of The BlackHearse Boneheads in Gitp Main league - Come on lads, it's not like they can kill you twice!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Precisely. I had hoped to get the game done last Thursday, but life intervened.

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by Unpronounceable View Post
    I'm guessing incompatible gaming time differences, I've only been on at the same time as Gnoman once in the past week.
    Speaking of which, you said we could play our game sometime this week maybe?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Yes i will be available everynight this week and weekend so shout if you have a preference.

Not tonight though, just had an exam from hell so intend to drink till i forget why i started drinking.(not that that would make me any worse at bloidbowl)
    Managing the Wymbildon Warpstoners in Gitp Rookie League - Mutations for EVERYONE!

Head Necromancer of The BlackHearse Boneheads in Gitp Main league - Come on lads, it's not like they can kill you twice!

15. - Top - End - #15

Griffon

Aetherstorm and I have arranged our BB2 game for Saturday morning/Friday evening respectively, given the 12 hour time difference I think it worked out quite well.

I'm still trying to get in touch with you Dsop - I've sent a friend request on steam, so please feel free to leave me a message as to whatever time suits you best, I'll be certain to get it when I get home from work in the morning

16. - Top - End - #16

Yes i will be available everynight this week and weekend so shout if you have a preference.

Not tonight though, just had an exam from hell so intend to drink till i forget why i started drinking.(not that that would make me any worse at bloidbowl)
    Won't be able to do tonight. How about tomorrow?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Manticoran View Post
    Won't be able to do tonight. How about tomorrow?
    Tomorrow is good, will be around probably after 9gmt

18. - Top - End - #18

We are advanced.

Champions of Dread (Devmaar) vs. The Ruinous Rampagers (LCP)
    Norse is Norse (Shishnarfne) vs. Caissa's Chosen (Silfir)
    Imperial Space Corps (Luzahn) vs. Hammersjurg Destroyers (Wraith)
    The Scourges of God (Thufir) vs. The Sun's Children (SaruSama)
    Destroyers of Worlds (Gnoman) vs. The Bloody-Handed Angels (Tasroth)
    Blackhearse Boneheads (Unpronouceable) vs. Smashers of Sotek (Maethirion)

SaruSama, when is good for me to throw my metric ton of inducements at your ridiculous lizards?
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Hey Maethirion, when's a good time to get our Rookie League match in?
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

I believe Devmaar's still offline? Last activity on the forum reads as being in January. I'll try to contact him on Steam but if I can't raise him I guess I'll be claiming the forfeit this round
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    My retort to both of these comments is "it's Brother Oni's fault".

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by LCP View Post
    I believe Devmaar's still offline? Last activity on the forum reads as being in January. I'll try to contact him on Steam but if I can't raise him I guess I'll be claiming the forfeit this round
    Yeah, I haven't yet reached the point of assigning that forfeit immediately after advancing the league, but the forfeit is to be assumed.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

23. - Top - End - #23

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    I mean that in the nicest possible way. If anything, I was hoping that the name-drop would catch your eye and we'd see more of you again.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Yeah, I haven't yet reached the point of assigning that forfeit immediately after advancing the league, but the forfeit is to be assumed.
    I used to think I was lucky getting chorfs last, now I realise it just makes me the last and least likely to get a forfeit :(

25. - Top - End - #25

Griffon

It could be worse - for example, one of the last things that I needed was for my archrivals to get a rest day right before I have to play them again.

26. - Top - End - #26

Tomorrow is good, will be around probably after 9gmt
    Hey man, got home about 10gmt, you'd logged off about 20-30 minutes ago, been online since then. Going to bed now, hope to catch you some other time?

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hey man, got home about 10gmt, you'd logged off about 20-30 minutes ago, been online since then. Going to bed now, hope to catch you some other time?
    Yeah, was feeling pretty tired so didn't want to have a late one. Will be on again tonight, also am around on the weekend.

Speaking of which,

Shish are you are around this weekend?
    Maethrion same question?
    Both what time gmt/day suits i'll be away saturday morning and maybe afternoon and maybe sunday as well but evenings will be around.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Yeah, was feeling pretty tired so didn't want to have a late one. Will be on again tonight, also am around on the weekend.

Speaking of which,

Shish are you are around this weekend?
    Maethrion same question?
    Both what time gmt/day suits i'll be away saturday morning and maybe afternoon and maybe sunday as well but evenings will be around.
    I'm GMT+12, which makes organising times with the UK a bit of a pain. Easiest for me would be my Monday morning, so your Sunday night, or my Saturday morning, so your Friday night. Any of those sound workable?
    GitP Blood Bowl 2 League
    This time, in HD

29. - Top - End - #29

Hey man. :( You weren't around again. I'm fine with scheduling for some other time, but I've spent like 5 hours waiting around for you when you said you'd be around, at least mention if you won't be on?

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hey man. :( You weren't around again. I'm fine with scheduling for some other time, but I've spent like 5 hours waiting around for you when you said you'd be around, at least mention if you won't be on?
    Sorry mate, works been hectic this week so not been able to stay up late, i should have said if its late gmt and i'm not on then i'm probably gone to bed. tbh i thought it was more a likely to be around then a definite agreement so sorry for making you wait. I'll be clearer in future.

It will be the weekend soon so am more likely to be around. I'll post here saturday when i know my availability. If you want to let me know likely times though i'll let you know if i can definitely make them.

Matherion, sunday night is fine what time your morning? 7,8?
    Last edited by Unpronounceable; 2016-04-15 at 04:09 AM.