New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Blood Bowl itP IV: Anything But A '1'

Quote Originally Posted by Deadline View Post
    No worries, these things happen.

So, Silfir, when do you want to clash the powers of two of the chaos gods together? I'm GMT -6.
    Unless you've got a free afternoon to waste, we should probably wait until the weekend to get it done - Friday night or Saturday during the day, most likely. Sunday afternoon for me (your Sunday morning) works, too.
    This signature is boring. The stuff I write might not be. Warning: Ponies.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

@Maethirion I have a very open scheduele, what times work for you? Im MST (so GMT -7) and I should be available anytime you are. My steam name is Dsop53 (picture of a smileyface is the avatar) That would be the best way to contact me, as forums are unreliable as heck (more like me checking them)!
    Last edited by Dsop; 2016-04-22 at 06:25 AM.
    Look me up on steam (Dsop53) if you need me!

The Art of Deep requires 3 things:
    -Knowing when to go Deep
    -Knowing how to go Deep
    -Screaming maniacally

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

@ Razgriez Ummmmm same post as above but about you and not him
    Look me up on steam (Dsop53) if you need me!

The Art of Deep requires 3 things:
    -Knowing when to go Deep
    -Knowing how to go Deep
    -Screaming maniacally

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Manti, manti, manticoran
    Manti, manti, manticoran
    Manti, manti, manticoran
    Are you free sunday?
    Managing the Wymbildon Warpstoners in Gitp Rookie League - Mutations for EVERYONE!

Head Necromancer of The BlackHearse Boneheads in Gitp Main league - Come on lads, it's not like they can kill you twice!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Unpronounceable View Post
    Manti, manti, manticoran
    Manti, manti, manticoran
    Manti, manti, manticoran
    Are you free sunday?
    Yep! Got games at... 13GMT and 15GMT, I believe? I'd prefer not to play earlier than that, but happy to play after.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Manticoran View Post
    Yep! Got games at... 13GMT and 15GMT, I believe? I'd prefer not to play earlier than that, but happy to play after.
    Yeah after sounds good. Might not be around in morning as away saturday but have no plans for sunday afternoon-evening.
    Last edited by Unpronounceable; 2016-04-22 at 10:19 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67

Yeah after sounds good. Might not be around in morning as away saturday but have no plans for sunday afternoon-evening.
    Cool. I'm also away Saturday, so this should work fine.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Not seen or heard from Darth Mario, not even had my friend request accepted.

Just to keep mr trigger happy informed
    Managing the Wymbildon Warpstoners in Gitp Rookie League - Mutations for EVERYONE!

Head Necromancer of The BlackHearse Boneheads in Gitp Main league - Come on lads, it's not like they can kill you twice!

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

I seem to be just missing Tasroth every time I sit down at the computer, so I need to know when is a good time.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Just to keep mr trigger happy informed
    What's that? "I've decided to forfeit my match with no certain terms, so feel free to find out how high the 'Touchdowns Against' button goes", you say? Very generous of you, I'm sure.

It's 9, by the way.

Anyways... similar to Gnoman, I'm struggling to get ahold of Luzahn. Did you change your Steam name, sir? Or am I just being forgetful?
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Naggarothian Nightmares 3 - 0 Those Who Eat Brunch

This was a very... elfy game.

Those Who Eat Brunch won the toss, elected to receive, and the fans rioted, invading the pitch and stunning a few people on each team. The Dwarves began their slow and stately advance down the pitch, which I could do bugger all to stop, as the elves seemed incapable of rolling anything but ones for dodges, while the casualties piled up (Four KOs and an injury in a single turn!). Around turn six, the elves managed to get a two dice block onto the ball carrier, finally knocking him over, and Nuffle smiled upon them, with fantastic scatter results and failed pick up rolls moving the ball entirely out of the cage, and straight into the hands of the Runner. One failed blitz and successful dump off later, the elves were free and clear to run the entire length of the field and score on their turn eight.

Two of the elves managed to wake themselves up during the halftime break, and the kick off was met with more rioting, yet another pitch invasion, and a massive pain for everyone. Dsop did a fantastic job of boxing the elves in, leaving them limping up the side of the pitch, in a really bad position on turn 12. In order to score, they were going to have to succeed in two one dice blocks (push results fine), a dodge and 2 GFIs, with no rerolls. .... And they did. I wasn't really expecting that one either. To add insult to injury, the next kick off was met with more jeers, and yet another pitch invasion, stunning the two hobgoblins who were set out to retrieve the ball. A failed pick up by a Bull Centaur left an opening for the elves to sprint up the pitch and retrieve the ball from under the noses of the enemy, and get it home for the third touchdown of the match in turn 15. The dwarves managed an SPP pass in the last two turns of the game, as well as giving the runner that had given them so much trouble a pinched nerve. Which is going to be a pain in the future.

Thank you Dsop for the game, I was really impressed with the defensive screening - I had absolutely no way around it that wasn't reliant on elvish bull rolls. Best of luck for the rest of the competition.
    GitP Blood Bowl 2 League
    This time, in HD

12. - Top - End - #72

Quote Originally Posted by Gnoman View Post
    I seem to be just missing Tasroth every time I sit down at the computer, so I need to know when is a good time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Anyways... similar to Gnoman, I'm struggling to get ahold of Luzahn. Did you change your Steam name, sir? Or am I just being forgetful?
    I'm afraid the answer is that a good time would've been before the two week deadline (which was actually three days ago). Same goes to me and Froish. Draws all round.

Ruinous Rampagers (LCP) vs. Hammersjurg Destroyers (Wraith)
    The Sun's Children (SaruSama) vs. Caissa's Chosen (Silfir)
    The Bloody-Handed Angels (Tasroth) vs. Champions of Dread (Devmaar)
    Smashers of Sotek (Maethirion) vs. Norse is Norse (Shishnarfne)
    BlackHearse Boneheads (Unpronounceable) vs. Imperial Space Corps (Luzahn)
    Detroyers of Worlds (Gnoman) vs. The Scourges of God (Thufir)

Gnoman, you got any time to play this weekend? I'd rather get it done sooner to avoid the same problem recurring, and the weekend is definitely a good time. I can be pretty flexible otherwise as well though.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

*awakes from slumber beneath the ice*

Ruinous Rampagers (LCP) vs. Hammersjurg Destroyers (Wraith)
    It's time?

IT'S TIME!

COME WRAITH

FACE YOUR DOOM

(you free this weekend?)
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Money can't buy happiness - but it can certainly buy spare linemen, wizards, stabby amazons and wandering apothecaries. The fireball went down on turn 5 in the first half and took one of the Sun's Children's overleveled skinks with it - not, unfortunately Amateratsu - and most importantly got the ball on the floor. A nearby elf grabbed it and handed it off to rookie catcher Paul Keres II, who managed to evade all would-be followers and score on turn 7 for a defensive touchdown.

With the first half ending 1-0, Caissa's Chosen were in great shape as long as they could extend their lead. Their fastest players - blitzers and cathers alike - therefore slipped past the line of sauri for the backfield, who then scrambled, and managed to box them in fairly well - but they were able to free just enough breathing space that experienced catcher Paul Marshall was able to catch the onrushing pass in one tackle zone (interception failing), dodge into one other, then blitz Amateratsu away to get a clear path for the endzone. So they went ahead 2-0 - but it was still only turn 9.

One riot later, it was turn 8. The only chance for a draw now lay in swift offense, and that's something skinks are practically born to do. Spirited defense by the Chosen made quarterback Amateratsu elect to signal AGI 4 Catch skink Bast to line up in the endzone to receive a quick pass... which resulted in a fumble. With the ball loose on the ground, Aron Nimzowitsch rushed towards it and attempted a short pass to a lineman near the halfway line, who just might have a shot at running out of range of the skinks. Unfortunately, he fumbled his own pass, and after the resulting turnover the skinks recovered the ball again and did manage to score this time.

So it was 2-1, and the elves had another offense to play out. Of course, being high elves, the Chosen succumbed to arrogance and elected to run the exact play a second time. Again the sauri and skinks moved in to harass the potential receivers. Alexander Alekhine distinguished himself with a crucial 1-die wrestle of the diving tackle saurus to free up Paul Keres II, who was ready to accept Siegbert Tarrasch's pass. He however, was again unable to avoid passing over the heads of the sauri, and this time they were prepared - and rolled their natural 6 to intercept.

Of course, high elven Throwers come with Safe Throw and laugh at such shenanigans. All Siegbert Tarrasch needed to was roll a 3 or better. Predictably, he rolled a 2 instead.

Of course, Safe Throw is just one of many rolls that can be rerolled with a team reroll. And so the ball did end up in the gloves of Paul Keres II, who instantly took off for the endzone for his second touchdown of the match for the ultimately decisive 3-1. The Chosen elected not to try very hard to counter the Sun's Children's offense, which led to the final result of 3-2.

Nicely played on SaruSama's part, no question - in hindsight, maybe something could've been done to not be quite as vulnerable to the wizard; but for the defensive touchdown in the first half, the match could have been his or at least a draw.

Oh, by the way, at some point during the match - unfortunately, I forget when - Amateratsu got careless and was brutally dismembered.

He was then miraculously reassembled by the Sun's Children's well-paid skink doctor. Looks like he'll get to delight the Ruinous Rampagers with his comedic slapstick antics as well. Hurray?

This result leaves Caissa's Chosen now clear in first, hoping not to lose too many players before the playoffs can roll around. There are some cracking matches left between direct rivals for the remaining playoff spots, as well as Thufir's must-win match against the Destroyers Of Worlds. Hopefully these ones will actually be played!
    Last edited by Silfir; 2016-04-29 at 08:20 PM.
    This signature is boring. The stuff I write might not be. Warning: Ponies.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, by the way, at some point during the match - unfortunately, I forget when - Amateratsu got careless and was brutally dismembered.

He was then miraculously reassembled by the Sun's Children's well-paid skink doctor.
    why

why do you toy with my heart
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

16. - Top - End - #76

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by LCP View Post
    (you free this weekend?)
    Very unlikely, however I'm free all day every day throughout next week so I'll look for you then, sometime.

Still trying to get in touch with TFT. He hasn't been on the Forum since the 21st and I have no other way of getting in touch with him. If this continues I may have to assign a forfeit - if anyone else has utterly failed to connect with their opponent, please let me know so I can check out dates and end the day with appropriate results.

17. - Top - End - #77

Today has been my first day completely off since a couple of weekends ago. If we can get a time figured out this weekend, I should be available completely the next couple of days.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

18. - Top - End - #78

Griffon

Sure thing, thank you for getting in touch

How does Sunday or Monday work for you? I'll be online from about 7pm (GMT) onwards on Sunday and probably all day Monday, if any of that is good for you? Also, could I please have a link to your Steam account?

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

Played my rookie league match with Legoshrimp today for a super anticlimactic 1-1, with the ghoul failing to pick up the ball for what could have been an easy touchdown. It looked pretty bad since a lot more of his injury rolls were actually putting my players down than my injury rolls, but it could have gone a lot worse than it did. I did manage to regen a permanent injury.

That being said, it did end up with me on a crap end. One of my level 2 werewolves actually did end up with a permanent injury for -1 strength, so I'm gonna have to figure out how I'm going to play my next couple of games while down my big player.

On the other hand, I have the option to give my ghoul +1 agility, so that might be good.

I really seem to be attracting permanent injuries recently. I played Dsop on the MumbleChaos league and managed to accrue 8 total casualties and three KOs in one game, with two permanent injuries on my players then.

Bashy teams hurt :(
    THEY LIED TO ME. IT WAS ALL A LIIEEEEEEE.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Is it okay if me and Manticoran have another day to get our game done? It is really my fault for the whole delay.

21. - Top - End - #81

Griffon

By "another day" do you mean Monday or Tuesday? I'm perfectly happy for either (TFT and I are hopefully playing our game on Monday Night) I just want to be sure

22. - Top - End - #82

We mean Monday, 22GMT.

EDIT: Grytorm, I'm going to be late today, I've got stuff at work that's going to keep me here until 21-22 GMT possibly. Will you be able to play at closer to 23-24?
    Last edited by Manticoran; 2016-05-02 at 03:23 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Draw assigned to Wraith and Shishnarfne, who didn't manage to find time to get their game in, day advanced.

Season 01 - Day 04
    Ishgardian Azure Dragoons (Razgriez) vs. End-time are a Mutating (Unpronounceable)
    The Tenocht Thunderscales (Aetherstorm) vs. A Ratmas Carol (Manticoran)
    Elf Smashers (Dsop) vs. Cliched Stereotypes (Shishnarfe)
    Khornate Killers (Maethirion) vs. The Scaretoon Network (Wraith)

Games to be completed: Monday 16th May
    GitP Blood Bowl 2 League
    This time, in HD

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry everyone, Manticoran and I will be taking a draw I think. Maybe best to wait for his confirmation. Just a whole lot of delays occurred. Last weekend I had to write a paper, this weekend I lost my mouse, then he had to help a friend. Then work kept him. So things aren't going well. But hey, it boosts my winrate.

25. - Top - End - #85

Yeah, I think we have to take the draw. Unfortunate, but it is what it is.

26. - Top - End - #86

Griffon

I'm sorry to hear that it didn't come together, guys. Unfortunately you aked for Monday night and it's now Tuesday afternoon, and since I could not get a hold of TFT and as far as I know Darth Mario still hasn't answered Unpronounceable, I'm going to move us on to a new day.

Season 03 - Day 05
    Have Some Popkhorne (Silfir) vs. Naggarothian Nightmares (Maethirion)
    The Orctodads (legoshrimp) vs. Playboy Plaguemates (Deadline)
    The Shameful Dead (MisterQuiv) vs. The Unsightly Jellyfishes (Lyrakien)
    Team Named Spoon (Grytorm) vs. Isla Sauria (Pippington)
    Super Furry Wild Animals (Wraith) vs. Unsseeded Da Curtey Door-chee (Manticoran)
    Those Who Eat Brunch (DSop) vs. Rules Rules Rules (TFT)

Games to be completed by: Monday 16th May

Looks like it might be a good week for fighting. Orcs versus Nurgle promises to be a very tactical game between two tough, relatively slow races, and for the first time Isla Sauria might be out-bashed by a stronger opponent (Even if a certain Block skink is going to be having the time of his life getting Two Dice On with the Snotlings....)

There's also some Dwarf-on-Dwarf (eww...) action between DSop and TFT, and I'm no doubt going to be paying the price for refusing to learn how to spell Manticoran's team's name properly. I regret nothing.

27. - Top - End - #87

I'm sorry to hear that it didn't come together, guys. Unfortunately you aked for Monday night and it's now Tuesday afternoon, and since I could not get a hold of TFT and as far as I know Darth Mario still hasn't answered Unpronounceable, I'm going to move us on to a new day.

Season 03 - Day 05
    Super Furry Wild Animals (Wraith) vs. Unsseeded Da Curtey Door-chee (Manticoran)

Looks like it might be a good week for fighting. Orcs versus Nurgle promises to be a very tactical game between two tough, relatively slow races, and for the first time Isla Sauria might be out-bashed by a stronger opponent (Even if a certain Block skink is going to be having the time of his life getting Two Dice On with the Snotlings....)

There's also some Dwarf-on-Dwarf (eww...) action between DSop and TFT, and I'm no doubt going to be paying the price for refusing to learn how to spell Manticoran's team's name properly. I regret nothing.
    My first thought is "Unsee da cute door-chan". I'm not sure what that says about me.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Season 03 - Day 05

I take it i've been kicked from the league? ;-)

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Grytorm, when is good for you?
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

30. - Top - End - #90

Griffon

I take it i've been kicked from the league? ;-)
    Yes. Let your betrayal of the Commissioner be taken from our League; May your strip be taken from you, and all of your garb of team colours; Let you be stricken from our hearts and our memories, forever.

In other news, I need to stop using WordPad to write out the list every week, as I make silly mistakes when I forget to turn off Word Wrap....

Team Named Spoon (Grytorm) vs. Goblinization Nation (Darth Mario)
    The Expendables 97 (Unpronounceable) vs. Isla Sauria (Pippington)

Quote Originally Posted by LCP View Post
    Grytorm, when is good for you?
    Please see the revised list above - you're playing Unpronounceable's Goblins, apologies for the mix up.