New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Blood Bowl itP IV: Anything But A '1'

OK, so I'm just going to point out for everyone's consideration that technically the deadline was today, but I'll leave it until you've played these games at the weekend. Just be mindful of the two week limit. It's still a thing even if I'm being somewhat haphazard about enforcing it.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

2. - Top - End - #122

Griffon

Could we perhaps rearrange the main league to finish after the weekend from now on, rather than before it? I know it still means that people have two weeks and two weekends in which to play their games, but I wonder if it would be more convenient for last minute games to happen Saturday/Sunday than to try and squeeze them in on a day when, due to time-zones, some folks are going to be in the middle of a work day and others want to be in bed.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alright, I think I'm supposed to play against some people, but I no longer remember who. BB2 league? Rookie league?

4. - Top - End - #124

Griffon

Rookie League is against me. I'm free all Friday night, all Saturday and Saturday night, on GMT.

5. - Top - End - #125

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Rookie League is against me. I'm free all Friday night, all Saturday and Saturday night, on GMT.
    Assuming you meant Sunday, let's try for Sat or Sunday night. Probably not available Sat night because current plans have me out of town.

6. - Top - End - #126

Griffon

Bleh, that was just terrible emphasis. I meant SaturDAY and Saturday night separately, but there's no way that you could've known that sorry

How late Sunday night are you available? I'll be at work from 4pm to 3am GMT, so I can play either side of there if I don't see you before.

7. - Top - End - #127

Could we perhaps rearrange the main league to finish after the weekend from now on, rather than before it? I know it still means that people have two weeks and two weekends in which to play their games, but I wonder if it would be more convenient for last minute games to happen Saturday/Sunday than to try and squeeze them in on a day when, due to time-zones, some folks are going to be in the middle of a work day and others want to be in bed.
    Well, I haven't really been set to a specific time, just trying to keep to a consistent two weeks and sometimes extending it because I forget to advance/am not paying attention. Having it go until just after a weekend does make sense if we can stick to it, though since we're moving into the final round of matches before playoffs I think that'll be more a consideration for next season.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

8. - Top - End - #128

Rats go 2-2 against the Lizards. Lots of dodging, some good rolls and bad on both sides.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

End-time are a Mutating 2-0 Ishgardian Azure Dragoons

The Chaos team's new Minotaur, Apocalypse Cow, had a great start to his career by killing a line-elf on his first block of the game, Lad will go far.

This pretty much set the tone for the match with the elves being beaten off the pitch in their own drive for a defensive touchdown for Chaos, and then only have 5-6 players to field on the Chaos teams 2nd half drive. Most of these were Ko's however and the elves managed to field 9 players for their next drive. With the Chaos team seemingly out of murder rage by this point the elves really should have scored if not for one elf's stubborn refusal to pick up the ball to pass it to his team mate waiting to run it in.

Razgriez did have some utterly terrible luck at times, having to reroll easy dodges and blocks and then still getting failure results.

Thanks for the game and chat, was good fun.
    Last edited by Unpronounceable; 2016-05-15 at 03:01 AM.
    Managing the Wymbildon Warpstoners in Gitp Rookie League - Mutations for EVERYONE!

Head Necromancer of The BlackHearse Boneheads in Gitp Main league - Come on lads, it's not like they can kill you twice!

10. - Top - End - #130

Quote Originally Posted by Special PSA
    The GITP BB2 League is seeking a coach skilled at playing and winning with a Halfling team that walk around on stilts, wear fancy armor, are wearing Elven ear prosthetic props, and are utterly incapable of handling the ball, blocking, marking, dodging, and GFIs. Those interested in this exciting and challenging coaching position, should contact Razgriez via PM here or on Steam.

Hey everyone! Want to play a fun drinking game*? Watch my GITP BB2 League's match replays and whenever My High Elf team does the following:

-Take a sip for every skull I roll when throwing blocks.
    -Two sips in if the re-roll is also a skull
    -Two sips if this involved a Two Dice Block
    -Finish the bottle when it's a two-dice block re-roll for quad skulls

-Take a sip for every failed GFI Roll
    -Take a sip for every failed Dodge roll
    -finish the bottle if I Re-roll and it fails still

-Take a sip for every failed ball pick up I try
    -Take a sip for every failed pass
    -Take a sip for every failed catch.
    -Finish the bottle if I fail on both passing and catching in the same action, including the re-roll

-Sip for every time one of my players get knocked out.
    -Chug for every time they get crowd surfed until they appear on the sideline in the respective boxes
    -Two sips for every injury I suffer
    -Two Sips, and a Salute when Nuffle stops hating my guts and actually let's my Linemen or Blitzer actually inflict an injury back.
    -Sip and a moment of silence for every player of mine that dies
    -Finish the bottle if I suffer so many of these, that I can only field 6 or less players.

Don't worry, it'll be hilarious!

Spoiler: *Disclaimer:
    Show
    Don't play this drinking game. Unless you have the constitution of a dwarf, just don't. If you must insist on playing this game, I strongly recommend the non-alcoholic version with water, iced tea, or soda.

Spoiler: In all seriousness (sorta)
    Show
    Despite yet another Lineman's death, something strange happened in this match. Some of my Linemen began tossing the ball to each other, and actually caught the ball. Some of them even got SPP, which, is this cool thing that you get to level up. Normally I thought the only way players could earn this, is when they score touch downs, or injure one of my players, or when one of my players is declared the MVP for the match.

I also discovered that the my Winnings die is not a d2, but actually a d4! And apparently, with this roll, I received something resembling an actual gold income. I've been informed by others, that when you have enough gold, you're allowed to actually buy more stuff for your team. Like replacement Linemen or Blitzers. I've also been informed that I can buy these mythical players called "Catchers" who are supposedly legendary at scoring touch downs for *my* team if I save just a bit more gold. This is an amazing discovery, and I shall be taking notes on it, for all future High Elf players benefits!

At least my players are finally starting to earn some SPP points, and the team finally has some decent gold.
    Last edited by Razgriez; 2016-05-15 at 10:02 AM.
    Final Fantasy XIV Dragoon custom avatar made by Iruka. Thanks Iruka.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Shishnarfe, Not sure if you got my first message, but I havent heard from you. Let me know when you will be free either here or on steam (Dsop53), so we can scheduele.
    Look me up on steam (Dsop53) if you need me!

The Art of Deep requires 3 things:
    -Knowing when to go Deep
    -Knowing how to go Deep
    -Screaming maniacally

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Thufir, I didn't see Luzahn online over the weekend so our match didn't get played.
    Managing the Wymbildon Warpstoners in Gitp Rookie League - Mutations for EVERYONE!

Head Necromancer of The BlackHearse Boneheads in Gitp Main league - Come on lads, it's not like they can kill you twice!

13. - Top - End - #133

I'm awarding the forfeit win to Unpronounceable. We're advanced.

The Sun's Children (SaruSama) vs. The Ruinous Rampagers (LCP)
    Hammersjurg Destroyers (Wraith) vs. The Bloody-Handed Angels (Tasroth)
    Caissa's Chosen (Silfir) vs. Smashers of Sotek (Maethirion)
    Champions of Dread (Devmaar) vs. BlackHearse BoneHeads (Unpronounceable)
    Norse is Norse (Shishnarfne) vs. Destroyers of Worlds (Gnoman)
    Imperial Space Corps (Luzahn) vs. The Scourges of God (Thufir)
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

14. - Top - End - #134

Griffon

Manticoran, I stuck around as long as I was able but by 5am your were still 'Away' so I gave up and went to bed. Maybe next season

Other games assigned, day advanced. As far as I know, MisterQuiv, TFT and DarthMario have either opted out of the League or haven't posted/played in a while, so they will be forfeit after a reasonable amount of time has passed to allow objections.

Season 03 - Day 06
    Naggarothian Nightmares (Maethirion) vs. Unsidhe De Cuirte Dorche (Manticoran)
    Rules Rules Rules (TFT) vs. Goblinization Nation (DarthMario)
    Those Who Eat Brunch (DSop) vs. Isla Sauria (LCP)
    Super Furry Wild Animals (Wraith) vs. The Unsightly Jellyfishes (Lyrakien)
    Team Named Spoon (Grytorm) vs. Playboy Plaguemates (Deadline)
    The Expendables 97 (Unpronounceable) vs. Have Some Popkhorne (Silfir)
    The Shameful Dead (MisterQuiv) vs. The Orctodads (Legoshrimp)

Games to be completed by: Monday 30th May

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

Team Named Spoon (Grytorm) vs. Playboy Plaguemates (Deadline)
    Yikes, Ogres! Grytorm, what does your availability look like for our upcoming match? It looks to be ... weird.
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Sarusama, DSop, what time zones are you guys in? I should be free any time from Weds onwards.
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry for messing up again, Math Mage as far as I recall never contacted me and then I just never contacted him. And I meant to get to it this weekend but I forgot, so I have missed three games in a row. I think? I am really sorry and am a terrible person.

18. - Top - End - #138

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    Sorry for messing up again, Math Mage as far as I recall never contacted me and then I just never contacted him. And I meant to get to it this weekend but I forgot, so I have missed three games in a row. I think? I am really sorry and am a terrible person.
    I wish to reiterate that I'm never intending to come across as judgemental of you if you miss a match. These things happen, I've skipped plenty due to incompatible opponents, busy lifestyle and otherwise just being lazy, so if you're ever worried then please just ask.

With that being said.....

Lyrakien! It's rats versus Jellyfish in the Rookie League, and I don't have you on my steam account. Please get in touch and I'll do my best to find a time when I'm free to play - the weekend tends to be good.

In the main league I have Tasroth - who I haven't seen around for quite a while but I hope you're well - so please give me a nudge whenever you're free.

And in BB2, it's Unpronounceable. I'm sure that you know when and where to find me; come get some, foul heretic spawn.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

I wish to reiterate that I'm never intending to come across as judgemental of you if you miss a match. These things happen, I've skipped plenty due to incompatible opponents, busy lifestyle and otherwise just being lazy, so if you're ever worried then please just ask.

With that being said.....

Lyrakien! It's rats versus Jellyfish in the Rookie League, and I don't have you on my steam account. Please get in touch and I'll do my best to find a time when I'm free to play - the weekend tends to be good.

In the main league I have Tasroth - who I haven't seen around for quite a while but I hope you're well - so please give me a nudge whenever you're free.

And in BB2, it's Unpronounceable. I'm sure that you know when and where to find me; come get some, foul heretic spawn.
    Did I mention that my Minotaur already has the reputation for murdering elves? yes? good.

This Saturday should be good, same goes for you Silfir should be around generally for you to frenzy push my goblins round the pitch.

and I believe Devmaar is still absent so that's a bye for my last standard game too?

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, at this point it'd be a bit unfair to you if Devmaar decided to show up now of all times to clobber your undead and their dreams of the playoffs into the dirt...
    This signature is boring. The stuff I write might not be. Warning: Ponies.

21. - Top - End - #141

Griffon

We'll see - my recent efforts against Chaos have been promising, so hopefully adding some elf bulls*** to the mix will only make it more amusing.

Saturday evening most likely, I'm spending the day at WhW as far as I know but I'll keep an eye out for ya.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

No, but I judge myself harshly and tend to feel guilty about things. You don't come across as judgmental.

Deadline, I am not certain when I can play the game, probably a good idea to try to get it done this weekend.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    Well, at this point it'd be a bit unfair to you if Devmaar decided to show up now of all times to clobber your undead and their dreams of the playoffs into the dirt...
    The only dreams my undead have in their poor decaying minds is not to lose anymore teammates before the season ends :P

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

Deadline, I am not certain when I can play the game, probably a good idea to try to get it done this weekend.
    Ok, I believe I've got you on Steam, I'll look for you this weekend. What timezone are you in? I'm MDT (GMT -6).
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

25. - Top - End - #145
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I advanced the day for the BB2 league, but completely forgot to post about it.

Season 01 - Day 05
    Ishgardian Azure Dragoons (Razgriez) vs. Cliched Stereotypes (Shishnarfe)
    Khornate Killers (Maethirion) vs. A Ratmas Carol (Manticoran)
    Elf Smashers (Dsop) vs. The Tenocht Thunderscales (Aetherstorm)
    End-time are a Mutating (Unpronounceable) vs. The Scaretoon Network (Wraith)

Games to be completed: Monday 1st June
    Last edited by Maethirion; 2016-05-17 at 10:45 PM.
    GitP Blood Bowl 2 League
    This time, in HD

26. - Top - End - #146
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by LCP View Post
    Sarusama, DSop, what time zones are you guys in? I should be free any time from Weds onwards.
    Ill be available all day Friday and this weekend, shoot me a message over steam (Dsop53), its the best method of contacting me
    Look me up on steam (Dsop53) if you need me!

The Art of Deep requires 3 things:
    -Knowing when to go Deep
    -Knowing how to go Deep
    -Screaming maniacally

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dsop View Post
    Ill be available all day Friday and this weekend, shoot me a message over steam (Dsop53), its the best method of contacting me
    Aside from a summoning ritual of course. Although that has some potentially unintended consequences.

Also posting here just to be clear, but it seems like mister quiv isn't participating.

If this is wrong and you want to play send me a PM here or on steam (legoshrimp).

Otherwise I probably won't post anything else about it.

28. - Top - End - #148

Griffon

If anyone is keeping up with it, the Blood Bowl 2 World Cup has reached its first elimination stage. 64 teams in the running..... and about 1/3rd of them are Dwarfs.

Don't get me wrong, I like Dwarfs. If anything, I'm GitP's worst repeat offender when it comes to bearded nonsense, but when GW are promising to release new models that look like this then I'm going to continue to be unapologetic about it.

But still.... ~20 out of 64? C'mon guys, you want to be the world champion, not just a POMB thug that got more consistent rolls than the other POMB thugs.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2016-05-20 at 10:30 AM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadline View Post
    Ok, I believe I've got you on Steam, I'll look for you this weekend. What timezone are you in? I'm MDT (GMT -6).
    I'm at GMT -7, the Oregon Washington one. So closish. Also I find it funny that a lot of places don't match up with there time zones very well at all.

Also on the Dwarf thing, does anything do well against them? (Also I am imagining what would happen if Games Workshop put lots of effort into Bloodbowl, we would end up with like 20 Dwarf teams I imagine.)

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm at GMT -7, the Oregon Washington one. So closish. Also I find it funny that a lot of places don't match up with there time zones very well at all.

Also on the Dwarf thing, does anything do well against them? (Also I am imagining what would happen if Games Workshop put lots of effort into Bloodbowl, we would end up with like 20 Dwarf teams I imagine.)
    Dwarfs are countered by Claw teams in a league environment, like Chaos. Agility teams can outrun them, to some extent, and with a targeted kick to the back should have a shot at stopping the dwarf grind before it starts.

The trouble I think is in the modus they chose for World Cup qualification. I think you had to have a perfect record (something like 20-0-0) in matchmaking with a team, and you could try as many times as you wanted, but always start at 1000 TV. Even the godliest Chaos player will be hard-pressed to get a score like that because the team starts out pretty deficient (no skills except horns), whereas Dwarves are a fearsome 1000 TV roster and only start to fall off much later, and they do only one thing so it's somewhat easier to stay consistent over that many matches.

I see jounisii made it with an elf team. I hope he makes it :)
    This signature is boring. The stuff I write might not be. Warning: Ponies.