New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Barnyard WW

1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Barnyard WW

Quote Originally Posted by Eggel View Post
    We are not doing so great...

I'm gonna have to agree with Luizeu and vote for AvatarVecna. Something just seems... off for me
    Why do you think losing the fool is anything but a huge boon for us?
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Meta View Post
    Why do you think losing the fool is anything but a huge boon for us?
    Agreed, losing the fool is the best thing the could have happened unless the wolves somehow didn't kill anyone at all.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Personally, I find it interesting that the person the wolves chose to kill in the night was one of the non-wolves who voted to kill BoP; unless they knew he was a power role off the bat, wouldn't it make more sense to leave him alive to draw suspicion?
    After this post
    Quote Originally Posted by norman250 View Post
    Aw, Shucks. Wish I had paid more attention and maybe looked harder for a reason to switch my vote. Sorry BoP!
    I kind of wondered if he was a mason who was trying to distance himself from BoP. Maybe the wolves thought the same thing?

As for today's vote, Pelican seems like a good person to pressure.

EDIT: Also, yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the Mason claiming either... Mostly because the end result tends to be that town doesn't discuss anything and just ends up following whoever is speaking for the network blindly. There are some advantages (mostly that the seer and baner can direct their powers slightly more effectively) but it doesn't really seem worth it.
    Last edited by Elenna; 2016-04-29 at 05:17 PM.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I find Luizeu more suspicious than his target.

The vote change on day one was a little strange. Especially since it more or less ignored Meta's post shortly before it.

Really, the second sentence of post 38 is a tad sketchy. I'm not really sure what it's even supposed to mean.

Edit: Actually, Luizeu looks better for putting a third vote on BOP's counterwagon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Agreed, losing the fool is the best thing the could have happened unless the wolves somehow didn't kill anyone at all.
    *coughBaningcough*

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure why people are voting for Pelican. He's made a single post where he did the same thing he does every game: Voting mid-day for someone who already has one vote, usually when there are no "wagons" (two votes or more).

If anything, Eggel looks worse for piling on the third vote.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2016-04-28 at 07:53 PM.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Not sure why people are voting for Pelican. He's made a single post where he did the same thing he does every game: Voting mid-day for someone who already has one vote, usually when there are no "wagons" (two votes or more).

If anything, Eggel looks worse for piling on the third vote.
    For me, it's because they're a person to form a wagon on; with two decent wagons, we might be able to learn something from the result. If somebody can present a good argument for us to test somebody other than Pelican, I'd be willing to switch my vote to their suggested target...but I doubt there's gonna be a super-strong argument kill anybody this early on (although a mason getting taken out day 1 makes things a bit different from normal).

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #65
    Halfling in the Playground

...what? I voted second. I mean, I guess you could technically say that I was voting against the most popular wagon at the time, since I didn't vote for Duck999 at the time, like the first person did...but that's hardly "voting away from wagons to try not to call attention".
    Avatar couldn't be more correct. I just put up a terrible excuse of a vote to see if anyone would fall for it.

I'm gonna have to agree with Luizeu and vote for AvatarVecna. Something just seems... off for me
    And someone did. I'm not feeling Pelican's wagon and I would like to propose a Eggel one
    Darn it Whisper !

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

OK, having seen the averse reaction to my proposal, I'm dropping it. I was just trying to come up with something, anything, that will give some kind of power back to the lone mason remaining. Given that the elimination of his partner effectively demotes him to nothing more than a vanillager right now.

Anyway, thanks for all your thoughts and replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    It's bad enough that if this wasn't my first game with you, I'd be voting for you right now.
    Why would you let that stop you? If you really strongly think that a post came from a wolf, then please feel free to vote for the poster.

I just saw Ramsus' post and see he interpreted axl as meaning the other Mason claim (obviously they're called chickens) whereas I thought he meant the Seer.
    Yeah, apologies for the apparent ambiguity. I meant mason.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Luizeu View Post
    And someone did. I'm not feeling Pelican's wagon and I would like to propose a Eggel one
    I accept your proposal. Eggel it is. For the vote that killed Puppies and the following of an illogical vote with nothing to back it up.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2016-04-29 at 11:17 PM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

I don't know if Eggel is necessarily a wolf. Though, putting the killing blow on anyone might seem like the wrong thing to do, Day 1 there is little to no chance Eggel knew that BoP was a Mason, and someone has to die.

But, on the other hand, Pelican was up for lynch until Eggel's vote, so perhaps it was a vote to protect a fellow wolf? Though, I think that would be a bad play on Eggel's part. It depends on just how new he is to these games, as well as the newness of his fellow wolves.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2016-04-30 at 12:59 AM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    I don't know if Eggel is necessarily a wolf. Though, putting the killing blow on anyone might seem like the wrong thing to do, Day 1 there is little to no chance Eggel knew that BoP was a Mason, and someone has to die.

But, on the other hand, Pelican was up for lynch until Eggel's vote, so perhaps it was a vote to protect a fellow wolf? Though, I think that would be a bad play on Eggel's part. It depends on just how new he is to these games, as well as the newness of his fellow wolves.
    Delovering the killing vote was just bad luck, and is unrelated t owhy Eggel is being voted: they are being voted because they jumped onto a weak wagon with limited provocation, and provided no reasoning beyond a gut feeling...admittedly, not the strongest reason to vote somebody, but suspicious enough to look into.

Eggel

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

@axl: Some of us, myself included, try to avoid killing new people to the forum early in the game in the hopes that we don't wind up discouraged from playing with us further. Which isn't really an unreasonable policy as new people don't know what other people expect of them. And it's just our way of trying to be friendly.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Well, ok then. That clears things. Thank you for the clarification Ramsus, and for your courtesy.

By the way, in the interest of full disclosure, I must admit to everyone that though this is my first WW game here. I already played a few Resistance/Avalon games here some time ago. Do with that information what you will.

Now, back to our business at hand. Let's try to look at the sudden runaway wagon Eggel.

Istu, looking at the strange bird pointing at a furry basket, decides to plant his hoof down in the basket's direction

((BasketofPuppies))
    Day 1 - Puts the third (and as it turned out, the hammer) vote on BasketofPuppies. At the time of his voting, there were three people tied with 2 votes each (BasketofPuppies, Pelican, Ramsus).

Would a wolf really put his neck this far out this early in the game to hammer a mislynch? Probably not? So I graded Eggel's day 1 with a very slight town lean.

And then came...

Day 2 - Understandable that he agreed with Luizeu that he can see "wolves trying to vote away from wagons" but then followed with a bad vote given his reasoning. Actually if he really wanted to press people who "tried to vote away from wagons", he should have started with those who gave out random throwaway votes near the end of day 1 after the wagons were already formed.

Bottomline: Honestly, I don't know. I'm not yet fully convinced that Eggel is a wolf, but I hope to find out soon enough.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry for my lack of activity, I've been able to read (kind of skim), but not with enough time to post. I have to agree that it looks like Eggel is trying to pull off an easy vote. That'll be my vote unless Eggel pops in to explain what it was that seemed off.
    Last edited by Duck999; 2016-04-29 at 05:34 AM.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I do have a bit of a bad feeling about avatarvecna, but Eggel seems to have actual evidence towards him. Though I might change my vote if Eggel tells us what "off" means to him.
    I am a Neutral Good Elf Druid/Wizard

: "Disintegrate. Gust of wind. Now can we please resume saving the world?"
    : "Your approval fills me with shame."
    Never, EVER pick up a duck in a dungeon!

14. - Top - End - #74
    Barbarian in the Playground

Eggel seems like a new player to me, is that an incorrect assumption? If he isn't, the rest of this is basing off incorrect knowledge.

Not knowing that the Fool is a burden upon us makes me think he's a townie who, without experience in using the specific brand of insight and deduction in WW, defaulted to going with his gut.

Elenna answerd the call, so I'll switch to AvatarVecna. Admittedly, I mostly like to encourage newer players to voice hunches because I dislike quiet games (and don't want to punish that), but this from AV:

"If somebody can present a good argument for us to test somebody other than Pelican, I'd be willing to switch my vote to their suggested target...but I doubt there's gonna be a super-strong argument kill anybody this early on."

This is hedging. Especially given that he changes his vote shortly afterwards on what is definitely not a super-strong argument.

I used 'he' throughout because neither of you have your gender labeled, let me know if 'he' is unacceptable.
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Eggel seems like a new player to me, is that an incorrect assumption? If he isn't, the rest of this is basing off incorrect knowledge.

Not knowing that the Fool is a burden upon us makes me think he's a townie who, without experience in using the specific brand of insight and deduction in WW, defaulted to going with his gut.

Elenna answerd the call, so I'll switch to AvatarVecna. Admittedly, I mostly like to encourage newer players to voice hunches because I dislike quiet games (and don't want to punish that), but this from AV:

"If somebody can present a good argument for us to test somebody other than Pelican, I'd be willing to switch my vote to their suggested target...but I doubt there's gonna be a super-strong argument kill anybody this early on."

This is hedging. Especially given that he changes his vote shortly afterwards on what is definitely not a super-strong argument.

I used 'he' throughout because neither of you have your gender labeled, let me know if 'he' is unacceptable.
    My Pelican vote was a weak vote I made because there was nothing but weak options at the time; somebody came along that was acting suspiciously, which is more than Pelican was doing, so I switched my vote. Not that complicated.

My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Eggel isn't new, they've been around for a little while.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I'd suggest not throwing any more votes on Eggel until he's had a chance to speak. This wagon is piling up very quickly.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Pixie in the Playground

First a couple reasons not to lynch Eggel: 1) If he were a wolf, I wouldn't really have expected him to acquire so many votes in a row without a little more activity, resistance, or at least misdirection from someone, himself included. 2) Conventional wisdom suggests that hunches and gut feelings are more townish anyways; they make a little more sense coming from someone without perfect (or near perfect) information than from someone who knows who all the wolves and villagers are. Yes, lazy wolves can claim a gut feeling to try to skate by under the radar, but more often they feel pressure to explain and justify themselves, at least in my experience.

Makes his AV vote look a little less sketchy, to me anyways, so I intend to look in other directions.

Don't know if I have as much to say for myself, unfortunately. Bad luck both put me on a mason's wagon, and left me as the counterwagon and if I get lynched for it that would be a huge bummer and sort of a waste of time.

Syldar and Elenna both seem to have come in with non-committal votes at the end of the day and neither has a particularly strong vote today, so I'd like to look at these two personally. Of the two I think I'm feeling Syldar for a vote.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Okay, Pelican responded with helpful comments/analysis, and I wasn't really very suspicious of him in the first place, so I'm moving my vote to Eggel for pretty much the same reason as everyone else - jumping on a wagon with bad/nonexistent reasoning.

That being said:
    For me, it's because they're a person to form a wagon on; with two decent wagons, we might be able to learn something from the result. If somebody can present a good argument for us to test somebody other than Pelican, I'd be willing to switch my vote to their suggested target...but I doubt there's gonna be a super-strong argument kill anybody this early on (although a mason getting taken out day 1 makes things a bit different from normal).
    In that case, shouldn't you have created a second wagon, instead of piling more votes on the only person with more than one vote at the time?

Also, @Meta: You need to cross out your initial vote for me.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

In that case, shouldn't you have created a second wagon, instead of piling more votes on the only person with more than one vote at the time?
    At the time of the post you quoted, there were (in fact) two wagons more or less tied for the lead with a few votes each; one was for Pelican, and the other was for me. Figuring that two wagons would teach us something, and not wanting to die, I kept my vote on Pelican in the hopes that more experienced players can learn something from the outcome...so not really sure where your confusion is coming from.

My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

At the time of the post you quoted, there were (in fact) two wagons more or less tied for the lead with a few votes each; one was for Pelican, and the other was for me. Figuring that two wagons would teach us something, and not wanting to die, I kept my vote on Pelican in the hopes that more experienced players can learn something from the outcome...so not really sure where your confusion is coming from.
    Right, for some reason I thought there were more votes on Pelican at the time. Nevermind.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Right, for some reason I thought there were more votes on Pelican at the time. Nevermind.
    There were more votes then than there are now (I think only Ramsus is still voting for Pelican at this point), but at the time it was like 3-3 or something. Then, of course, Luizeu dropped the bomb, and basically everbody switched onto Eggel.

EDIT: It's easy to lose track of these things when they swing so wildly so quickly.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2016-04-29 at 06:40 PM.

My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I'm now convinced that Eggel is town, largely due to the quickness of his wagon. I would not be surprised if there are wolves on the wagon, though.

Unfortunately, at the moment, I don't have a definitive target in mind.

That being said, I have yet to see Eggel play wolf. But, I find him suspicious when I've seen him play town, so I feel like it's a bit of a null-tell.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

I'm willing to switch to either Syldar (for voting in DarkRed, rather than Red - possibly to disguise/hide his vote?) or Elenna (for jumping onto the Eggel bandwagon, even after the request not to do so until Eggel has had a chance to defend himself).

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

So, as much as I may be dismissed as tinfoil hat wearing and all, I think Pelican is probably a good choice today based on the fact that a mason was lynched instead of him. That's incredibly fishy to me, and believe me when I say I know fish.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Day over. Results and narration to come in a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Day 2 Over

The day started out much the same as the last, with the sheep panicking and going off in every direction. Then a voice came down.

"Oh, get yourselves organized down there!"

Incredibly, this worked. The sheep got so organized that they arranged themselves into a perfect inverted pyramid. Unfortunately, this pyramid had no support, and the sheep at the bottom was crushed.

After all the sheep had gotten back up, the Mother Sheep noticed that some of the "sheep"'s wool was loose. "Baa, look! This sheep was really..." The Mother Sheep pulled the disguise off.

There was a collective gasp. "The Fox!"

Eggel was lynched. He was the Fox.

Night 2 now begins and ends in 24 hours. Get your actions in.
    Last edited by Disc Lorde; 2016-04-30 at 02:14 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Night over. Results and narration to come shortly.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Night 2 End

"Well, we lost the Fox. Lone wolf though he was, I considered him part of the pack. But there's no time to dwell on that now, there's the matter of dinner."
    "Grr, can we have some mutton this time?"
    "Why yes, I think that would be managable."
    "Oh yeah? And just how do you plan to get that without jeopardizing the mission, brainiac?"
    "Simple. Observe."

The Clever Wolf pulled off a nearby tarp to reveal a shiny contraption.

"Behold, the ACME Deluxe Rocket-Powered Tractor!"
    "Whoa..."
    "Wait here, comrades. I will be right back with some fast food."

The Clever Wolf zoomed through the countryside, heading towards the barn. When (s)he was close to his/her target, Clever Wolf pressed the green button labeled "NET". One of the sleeping sheep was grabbed by the net and was carried off with a startled "Baa!". Clever Wolf returned to their comrades.

"To be perfectly honest with you, that's the first time one of these products has worked."

Luizeu was killed. They were a Sheep.

Day 3 now begins and ends in 48 hours. Get your actions and votes in.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Halfling in the Playground

Avenge me baaaa
    Darn it Whisper !

30. - Top - End - #90
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

((OOC: Sad to see Luizeu go. He was my strongest town lean.))

After sleeping happily knowing that an impostor was killed during the day, the nondescript sheep woke up to sad news.

"Baa, talk about mixed feelings. How can a simple sheep keep up with a roller coaster of emotions? Happy to see a villain trampled, Sad to see a friend that has earned my trust die, and at the same time relieved that the more powerful members of our flock were safe last night. Baa, this is just too much."

Looking for the little patch of grass that he has been munching on since day one and not realizing that he already finished it all yesterday,

"Baa, where'd the food go? I could have sworn that it was just right here in this corner. Baa. I'll just have to look someplace else."

And upon learning that Luizeu's last words were a call for vengeance against his killers,

"Baa, I promise you my baa-rother, we will hunt down and kill these mutton-eaters. Then, after they die and their bodies become grass, the circle of life will then be complete. Baa!"