New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Show of hands: Who here was asking for 4 sequels to James Cameron's "Avatar"?

4 Sequels? I dunno. I mean, I'm up for one, but I can't see where he can go after Avatar II: This Time, We Didn't Forget The Bloody Nukes.

Silly Cameron. Honestly, I don't think Avatar was actually that bad. Over-hyped, utterly unoriginal, whiny, preachy, mediocre at best, but not actually bad as long as you didn't treat it as more than a mindless pretty-scenery-and-explosion-fest. Really, the action sequences were fairly decent. Had it not been so massively hyped as James Cameron's Big Fat 'Masterpiece', it wouldn't get anywhere near the hate it does.

But this is the thing you're trying to make into a franchise? Hahahano.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby Frost
    `This is just the beginning, Citizens! Today we have boiled a pot who's steam shall be seen across the entire galaxy. The Tea Must Flow, and it shall! The banner of the British Space Empire will be unfurled across a thousand worlds, carried forth by the citizens of Urn, and before them the Tea shall flow like a steaming brown river of shi-*cough*- shimmering moral fibre!`

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Show of hands: Who here was asking for 4 sequels to James Cameron's "Avatar"?

Ooh, ooh! The first sequel will reveal that the original was just a hallucination/dream that whatshisface had when going into the tank for the first time.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BannedInSchool View Post
    Ooh, ooh! The first sequel will reveal that the original was just a hallucination/dream that whatshisface had when going into the tank for the first time.
    Please not. That would mean we have to go through the whole mess again. The movie wasn't that that good.

No seriously, four sequels? Not that I wouldn't like another Avatar movie, but four? I'm not sure how well that will work.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    No seriously, four sequels? Not that I wouldn't like another Avatar movie, but four? I'm not sure how well that will work.
    Avatar 5: The Last Airbender Reboot

...What?
    Last edited by Wookieetank; 2016-05-04 at 07:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Candle Jack View Post
    Discussing plans for a Terminator/Titanic crossover?
    Oooooh! It could be a love story about a rogue terminator who goes back in time to be with the boat it loves, but it turns out hes MADE from recycled titanic bits, so in the end Titanic has to throw itself into the berg so the terminator can be made in the first place.
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzerdrix View Post
    Oooooh! It could be a love story about a rogue terminator who goes back in time to be with the boat it loves, but it turns out hes MADE from recycled titanic bits, so in the end Titanic has to throw itself into the berg so the terminator can be made in the first place.
    This I could see myself going to see. The Avatar bit could come in where the terminator is actually a human uploaded into it through the Avatar Tech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

I would be super entertained if the whole movie was a massive trolling series by Cameron. To the point that the first movie was just a set up for the reveal.

That the whole movie is nothing but the killed military dudes brother returning in a even bigger, ultra souped up, mech and the rest of the film is him just grinding all the Navi and rainforest into nothing but mush.

And its set to the Megas XLR sountrack

Then during the reception awards for special effects, Camercon skateboards in wearing sunglasses and a backwards hat, yells "Later Loosers!" and just explodes away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fralex View Post
    A little condescending
    That pretty much sums up the Scowling Dragon experience.